Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: Wedding of the Year

Brooklyn and Chase's nuptials are almost upon us.

Will they actually get to exchange their vows?

Will Gregory perform the ceremony? Or will he collapse before he pronounces them man and wife?

Will there be a shootout between Sonny and whoever is out to get him?

Will Lois break a nail before she helps her daughter into her wedding dress?

Does the audience really even care at this point?

by Anonymousreply 600May 30, 2024 6:50 PM

Link to the previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2024 6:11 AM

R1 I was going to title this thread "Wedding of the Century" 😂 since there's literally nothing else worth mentioning besides the wedding. All their eggs in one basket, from Jason to now Brook Lynn and Chase.

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2024 6:50 AM

I'm tired of the build-up to the wedding of two people who may be hot separately but generate no heat together. I'm tired of Alexis trying to get her license back (that should have been wrapped up in two episodes -- this is soap land! -- and not a month long story). I'm real tired of Dr. Finn making faces and pursing his lips and smiling to show anxiety. And I'm real tired to mob bosses and hit men being made into heroes, a show built around three characters (who the other characters can't seem to stop talking about), none of whom have anything to do with the hospital. Most of all, I'm tired of BAD WRITING. Where is the creativity? Where is the drama? For that matter, where is the humor. I'm starting to feel like when NAC left, he took all the air out of the show.

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2024 11:04 AM

BlazerLynnQuartermaine isn't hot in my opinion, alone or in a couple. Attractive enough face but boring conservative clothing to mask her extra few pounds and also for "modesty".

They should have just made her a ruthless business mogul and left out the romance if they are unwilling to fire a SOAP actress who refuses to do love scenes on a SOAP which is what SOAPS are known for.

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2024 11:13 AM

Couldn’t have said it better myself, R3.

I actually think losing NAC/Spencer was an even bigger blow than the show anticipated; he functioned as a second male lead for two years, driving story separate from the Sonny nonsense.

Redrawing every single character and relationship solely as supporting players to the Unholy Trinity of Sonny, Carly, and Jason has been disastrous. The pacing is brain-alteringly slow.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2024 3:01 PM

I think I'm done with the show.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2024 4:19 PM

I think I'm with you, r6.

I have no good reason why I watch.

I keep waiting for it to turn the corner and it hasn't.

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2024 7:14 PM

R3 Excellent comments. What's interesting about NAC is that the network originally timed Jason's return with Spencer's exit; trading one popular actor/character for another, in their minds.

Before Chris and Dan were fired, they were initially planning for Spencer's January 31st last airdate to coincide with Jason's return on or around February 2nd.

However, the story being trashed resulted in them losing their jobs (which were already on shaky ground) and the rewrites from Korte (prior to Mulcahey adding his take on it) and Steve's first tape date being pushed back a month, for he was supposed to begin filming in January, not February when he actually started.

What's weird is that they were banking on Steve to not only bring back lapsed viewers, but to also serve as an even exchange for an absentee NAC.

by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2024 7:17 PM

R4 Come to think of it, she would've been better off as a ruthless businesswoman, ala Tracy. She already has the wardrobe to match, that's a really good observation. The writers seemed to always lean towards Brook Lynn being bad except somehow she was always pulled back from the dark side, more than likely because of Frank, who never wants any of his favorites to be villains for too long, or preferably not villains at all.

by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2024 7:21 PM

I’m waiting for them to tell one interesting story.

Not missing Spencer and not even hating Jason at the moment.

Just waiting.

And waiting.

Likely time to reallocate the time in my day. I’m not enjoying watching.

by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2024 7:22 PM

R5 Reportedly the network were pissed off with Frank and Chris/Dan for their "mishandling" of NAC, believing they didn't try hard enough to keep him, while saddling him with a baby he essentially ended up playing daddy to. The network thought they could get NAC to re-sign once filming Monsters was pretty much wrapped up, with a bonus in pay and plenty of outs, only for NAC to refuse, choosing to fulfill the rest of his original contract, resulting in the network letting him out of that contract.

by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2024 7:28 PM

Apparently, Nancy Lee Grahn was pissed off when Kelly Monaco was a no show at her event, so now Nancy has moved her upcoming personal appearance to coincide with Kelly's, same day/same time this summer.

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2024 7:30 PM

Alexis hasn't been interesting since they (prematurely) killed Harmony. I'd LOVE IT if they killed her off and showed NLG the door. Another (whiny/petty) actor/character who has overstayed their welcome.

by Anonymousreply 13May 12, 2024 8:44 PM

Imo, worse than killing her off would be to let her languish in supporting grandma status with no pov of her own.

by Anonymousreply 14May 12, 2024 9:13 PM

Demote NLG to recurring thus forcing her to quit.

by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2024 9:16 PM

I feel an invasion of winged gargoyle chimpanzees.

by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2024 9:27 PM

NLG is a nightmare and Alexis is a useless character. Who would you pair her with? She won’t play any Cassadine storylines reportedly. We have too many characters in her age group that are more essential to GH. Time to kill off Alexis.

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2024 9:42 PM

Frank has wanted Nancy out practically since he's been there, for they have clashed through the years. He's been upset with her for wanting Julexis when he no longer wanted them, her not abiding by the script at times and changing lines, outright refusing to be paired with James DePaiva's Dr. Bensch, not being able to control her contract, etc.

However, the network is keeping her because she (along with Genie and Becky) are atop the list of fan favorites. The main reason why she barely has a love interest for too long is because of Frank being petty, although now that's subject to change since he's not yielding as much power as he used to (along with Nancy now having her bestie Patrick in her corner)

by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2024 10:32 PM

"Frank's not wielding as much power as he used to at R18

by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2024 10:34 PM

William DeVry said in an interview this past week that he spent eight years at GH and had six and a half good years at GH. I guess he was unhappy the last 18 months?

He also said he was promised a long run at AMC by an EP as he polled extremely well with focus group and then weeks later a change a of regime and he was out the door when new EP made Michael Cambias irredeemable.

Please don't ask me to link. I don't follow him and I'm not going to go searching for it. Interview was this past week and mostly about his new Hallmark movie with Terri Hatcher. It may have been with Michael Fairman but I can't say for sure.

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2024 10:42 PM

I'd much rather watch Jason than Sonny. Neither is a favorite character but of the two, give me Jason any day.

Jason's return and his involvement with Pikeman and Jagger is really the only intereting thing going on with this show right now.

That said, I'm desperately waiting for a reunion scene with Jason and Monica. Yes, she sent him a note while he was at the police station, but I want an actual scene where the two are face to face. I know Leslie Charleson isn't in great health. I don't care if Monica is in a wheel chair. I don't care if she's in a bed. I want a mother-son scene between Jason and Monica.

I also want a reunion scene between Jason and Spinelli. There's absolutely no reason such a scene hasn't happened already. Spinelli is in Port Charles and appearing in the Maxie storyline, so why haven't he and Jason has a reunion scene????

by Anonymousreply 21May 13, 2024 12:15 AM

[quote]The main reason why she barely has a love interest for too long is because of Frank being petty, although now that's subject to change since he's not yielding as much power as he used to

Frank learned the soap opera business at the feet of Paul Rauch.

Paul was a brilliant visionary. He could also be petty and vindictive toward actors. Especially if the contract negotiations go bad. Paul is the one who put Frank Grillo in a coma and had him lying in a hospital bed for about 6 weeks before killing off the character when Frank opted not to renew his GL contract.

Paul has relegated many an actor to storyline hell as various forms of punishment for being difficult or speaking out against something. He sent Dorian Lord to prison thinking Robin Strasser would hate the storyline after he got mad at her about something. Turns out Strasser loved the storyline, but the point is the storyline originated as punishment.

Paul is the one who insisted Jacqueline Courtney be fired from OLTL in 1983 before he came over to take over as EP.

Louise Sorel quit Santa Barbara when Paul became EP there because she feared he'd seek vengeance against her after their affair went bad while they were at OLTL.

Everything Frank does now, he saw Paul do in the 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 22May 13, 2024 12:26 AM

R20 Wil not being happy during the final 18 months of his contract aligns with Frank having more control over GH, for the most part, since previous ABC Entertainment Presidents Paul Lee (2010-2016) and Channing Dungey (2016-2018) were no longer there to stop him (especially Channing, for Channing and Frank frequently butted heads; Channing would even make on set pop up visits, upsetting Frank). Karey Burke being in charge from November 2018-December 2020 was pretty much a cakewalk for Frank, for she let him get away with practically everything he wanted.

Although Karey and Nathan Varni kept Frank from firing Wil, he was able to passive-aggressively take his displeasure out on him, without someone stepping in, until finally being able to fire Wil without network interference towards the end of 2020, when Karey Burke was on her way out, while Craig Erwich was on his way in. Wil tried to get on Frank's good side, even playfully sending him shirtless pics, except Frank was dissatisfied with him and wanted him out.

by Anonymousreply 23May 13, 2024 12:39 AM

R21 Not sure why they're prolonging the inevitable Jason/Spinelli scenes. Although Steve obviously wants Spinelli to say, I'm wondering if they're going to eventually get rid of him, in favor of a new guy for Maxie. Kirsten slimming down will probably be an opportunity for Maxie to be with possibly newer guys.

by Anonymousreply 24May 13, 2024 12:45 AM

R22 You're absolutely right Marco Dane 😆 sometimes I forget to make the correlation between Paul Rauch and Frank's behavior. Frank started off as Paul's assistant at OLTL in September 1985, so it really stands to reason that he patterned himself after him. I've heard about Paul being a tyrant here and there, but some of those instances you referenced 😳 and I know there's more

by Anonymousreply 25May 13, 2024 1:07 AM

[quote]Channing would even make on set pop up visits

Not trying to start anything, but I just have a very hard time believing that Channing Dungey would make on set visits to a soap opera. That's what the person in charge of daytime is for. If you said she made an on set visit to Greys Anatomy, I could believe it, but not a daytime soap.

by Anonymousreply 26May 13, 2024 1:24 AM

R26 No it's fine that you don't believe it, but it did happen. She's based in LA, not very far from the GH studios- and although they weren't everyday visits, she did visit. She was involved with GH alot because the actors would go over Frank's head at time to get their way, with their requests going to her, after first going through Nathan Varni and Vicki Dummer.

When Frank wouldn't let Steve come back in November/December of 2016, when he initially wanted to, Maurice was finally able to get him back after getting the network to signoff on it (Nancy even spilled at one of her extra events in Fall/Winter 2016 that Steve was even willing to come back as another character, since Billy was Jason)

by Anonymousreply 27May 13, 2024 2:00 AM

*Maurice was finally able to get Steve back in or around May/June 2017, which is when the network finally agreed after Frank wouldn't budge for months. Yet Steve didn't start filming until August/airing in Sept.

by Anonymousreply 28May 13, 2024 2:04 AM

Have either of Jason’s comeback been handled well? What a letdown with potential.

by Anonymousreply 29May 13, 2024 2:09 AM

Am I the only one who feels like puking when Spinelli is around?

He's mentally disabled and probably smells like poop. Come to think of it, even mentally challenged Jason, in real life, wouldn't know how to wipe his ass and keep his dick clean.

All I think is stink to high heaven.

by Anonymousreply 30May 13, 2024 2:32 AM

R22, I auditioned Louise for the recast of my second wife. Louise thought she'd blown her chances because she used too much teeth.

But what Louise and casting didn't know was -- that's how I liked it!

by Anonymousreply 31May 13, 2024 2:37 AM

Rauch was only as good as his head writer; e.g. Lemay.

by Anonymousreply 32May 13, 2024 2:58 AM

R22 Speaking of Frank Grillo, add him and Wendy Moniz to the list of people who had problems with Laura Wright, around the time she first arrived at Guiding Light.

When The City was cancelled in March 1997, creators/head writers James Harmon Brown & Barbara Esensten went over to GL, as head writers from 1997-2000. Laura Wright, who spent six years playing Ally Rescott on Loving/The City, from 1991-1997, had offers to join either AMC or GL, chose the latter; she was more than familiar with James & Barbara, for they had also previously wrote for Loving, in 1994, before it spun off into The City.

James & Barbara decided to decimate Frank's Hart Jessup and Wendy's Dinah Marler, in favor of their new shiny toy doll in Laura's Cassie Layne. Frank and Wendy, who ended up messing around behind the scenes before actually becoming a real-life couple, were livid and saw Cassie more as an interloper in Hart/Dinah's relationship, whereas onscreen, it was written the other way around, with Hart and Cassie falling for each other, while Dinah became the interloper essentially in her own relationship, seeing how she was with Hart before Cassie came along.

Although Frank and Wendy are since divorced, they pretty much had the last laugh, for they were married for at least 20 years and even had kids, along with pretty good runs outside of soapland.

by Anonymousreply 33May 13, 2024 5:45 AM

Also, when Laura Wright jumped ship from GL to GH, both Cynthia Preston and Jensen Buchanan were up for Cassie, before they chose Nicole Forester.

by Anonymousreply 34May 13, 2024 5:49 AM

Eva La Rue has apparently secured her spot on the next season of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and has allegedly started filming, with set visits to GH being incorporated into her RHOBH storyline.

by Anonymousreply 35May 13, 2024 5:50 AM

R3 R6 R7 R10 Supposedly, Korte & Mulcahey's real stories haven't started yet, for they were working off of Chris and Dan's outlines while they primarily focused on Jason's return. Since that's now established, they're actual stories are expected to kick off this summer.

The cast allegedly got their new scripts this past week, which featured Korte & Mulcahey's true vision. Sometime in June is when they're actual material is expected to air. This isn't confirmed as of now, but it's floating around that June is when they were planning to show what they're made of, after the wedding festivities.

by Anonymousreply 36May 13, 2024 6:01 AM

*Since that's now established, their actual stories are expected to kick off this summer at R36

by Anonymousreply 37May 13, 2024 6:02 AM

*Sometime in June is when their actual material is expected to air at R36

by Anonymousreply 38May 13, 2024 6:04 AM

Although Nancy Lee is not exactly on the best terms with Kelly Monaco right now, she's become extremely close with Kate Mansi and Kristen Vaganos, which is interesting seeing how neither Nancy nor Kelly could be bothered with either Holiday Mia Kriegel and especially not Brooke Anne Smith when they were both Molly.

by Anonymousreply 39May 13, 2024 6:11 AM

R29 Honestly, no. However, his 2017 return was handled better initially and there was more excitement over it from some cast members and fans. One of the main reasons why it didn't meet expectations was because of all parties involved weren't too keen on playing out a triangle, Kelly/Billy mainly weren't interested. Kelly/Billy's Jasam was practically just as popular as Kelly/Steve's, so fans were expecting a sort of retelling of Roman/Marlena/John's epic triangle, yet when that didn't happen, many fans were upset.

The buildup to his return back then was better, especially since they stretched it out, yet by the time he was reestablished in Port Charles, back with Sam, it became boring and mundane. There were also a lot of behind-the-scenes issues going on, with Frank micromanaging and Barbara Bloom contributing to the writing, Nelle and Peter being the primary focus, it was a lot going on

by Anonymousreply 40May 13, 2024 6:29 AM

R30 Nope haha plenty can't stand Spinelli. While he had somewhat of a good following with Maxie when they first began to date, that was then and even back then, he wasn't always accepted. He's mainly there now because they didn't have anyone to pair Maxie with, while Steve being back obviously increased his airtime.

This is just my opinion, but with Kirsten slimming down I'm not sure Spinelli will be her love interest for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 41May 13, 2024 6:38 AM

R31 😆 but Paul was completely straight, not even at least bi?

R32 You really think so? Well he did have some missteps along the way, from what I've heard.

by Anonymousreply 42May 13, 2024 6:42 AM

Reposting Previews For This Week:

Monday, May 13th, 2024

Anna warns Carly.

Nina and Willow have a warm moment.

Jordan has some unsettling news.

Gregory encourages Tracy to attend the rehearsal dinner.

Michael and Sasha reconnect.

Tuesday May 14th, 2024

Anna goes on a date with Valentin.

Gregory and Alexis give each other good advice.

Danny has a request for Jason.

Drew receives a business proposition.

Nina draws a new boundary with Ava.

Wednesday, May 15th, 2024

It is Brook Lynn and Chase's wedding day.

Tracy gives Brook Lynn something that used to be Lila’s.

Jason surprises everyone.

Kristina and Blaze are taken aback.

Josslyn meets Giovanni, Brook Lynn’s cousin and a talented violinist.

Thursday, May 16th, 2024

Gregory struggles a bit during the ceremony.

Friends and Family gather at the metro court, ready to celebrate the happy couple!

Friday May 17th, 2024

Brook Lynn and Chase’s wedding festivities continue.

Sam ropes Spinelli into a scheme to help Jason.

Finn grapples with his concern for Gregory.

Kristina witnesses another side of her father.

by Anonymousreply 43May 13, 2024 10:04 AM

Nancy's birthday acknowledgement to Becky:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 13, 2024 10:09 AM

ABC Promo for this coming week 5/13.

BLQ can't even wear a sexy robe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 13, 2024 11:18 AM

Genie Francis is expected to take an extended break, slightly more than usual, for she's privately dealing with her 89 year old mother (unconfirmed report is that she passed away) so Genie being away is why they are primarily proceeding with Alexis now involved in Heather's story

by Anonymousreply 46May 13, 2024 6:13 PM

How about just shitcan the entire Heather story.

by Anonymousreply 47May 13, 2024 6:20 PM

R47 😆 if only. Except the network, Frank and Mulcahey are all in on Alley.

by Anonymousreply 48May 13, 2024 6:31 PM

Supposedly there's been discontent behind the scenes, specifically regarding issues amongst the writers. A writer in particular (probably Korte) allegedly argued with the wardrobe department about the way certain characters are being dressed (the head of wardrobe, Shawn Reeves, is one of Laura Wright's good friends, though Carly's choice of wardrobe is constantly criticized)

by Anonymousreply 49May 13, 2024 6:35 PM

A main reason why the wedding is garnering so much attention, besides the obvious reason being they don't have anything else up their sleeve, is that Brook Lynn and Chase are actually GH'a second most popular couple in polls (possibly taken from the "Frau Crowd") so they're catering to them (similarly to how the Frau Crowd are the ones who were clamoring for yet another Jason return). First place couple is Dante and Sam.

by Anonymousreply 50May 13, 2024 6:40 PM

Maybe the wardrobe dept is having trouble finding clothes for Snarly's pear shape?

They do seem to have made an effort lately to upgrade her wardrobe to Kohls. Shawn must have received a 30% off coupon from Kohls in the mail. Although it hasn't made a difference, she still dresses matronly and basic, not like a wealthy business owner or someone men would be falling for.

by Anonymousreply 51May 13, 2024 6:45 PM

I don't see anyone currently cheering for Chase & Brooklyn. They did at first when they were playing the cat & mouse game but now that they are together the interest seems to have fizzled. Was the poll from two years ago?

by Anonymousreply 52May 13, 2024 6:48 PM

I've been armchair quarterbacking these shows since 1979 (I was only 10, but I was sharp), and the networks/showrunners have lost the script. Chase and BL have no presence outside of the show. Historically, lapsed viewers might tune back in if an event occurred that involved a beloved character/characters. I sampled many shows over the years when a wedding or funeral or catastrophe was teased in the press. And often I kept watching. TPTB seem to be courting recently lost viewers, not new or former ones. May is when shows would set up the teen set for summer misadventures, with the intention of getting young viewers to start watching. Sweeps was about long-suffering couples finally making it, or villainous ne'er-do-wells getting their comeuppance, or a hero or heroine returning or perishing in soaptastic fashion. Right now, GH is about a bunch of Karens screeching at, or about, each other, with silver saviors Jane's Tracy and Gregory's Gregory as the only enjoyable, root worthy couple on the canvas.

by Anonymousreply 53May 13, 2024 7:09 PM

R51 😆 Pear shape.

Funny you should say Kohl's, for at one point, they were actually buying clothes from TJ Maxx years ago, when Frank trimmed the wardrobe budget; certain actors, such as Michelle Stafford, were seemingly exempt from that, for her wardrobe was reportedly the most expensive at that time.

by Anonymousreply 54May 13, 2024 7:17 PM

R52 No that poll in particular is actually from the other day. Although it only has 218 votes so far 😆 which isn't much.

I do agree that they were more popular years ago when they were getting to know each other better, except yes that has long since dissipated. The Fraus are fans of things the primary audience aren't fans of, Brook Lynn/Chase, LW's Carly, Jason, even Sam/Dante are boring to some, so for them to constantly keep catering to them is bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 55May 13, 2024 7:24 PM

R53 Well stated. They care more about retaining lapsed viewers than courting newer viewers, which is odd since combinations of older/newer viewers has always been a generational thing when it comes to soaps.

When it comes to Brook Lynn, the fact that she's the child of Ned & Lois/grandchild of Tracy seems to be what they're trying to capitalize off of, except outside of a select fan base, Brook Lynn is not well received

by Anonymousreply 56May 13, 2024 7:28 PM

Did LW insist they put CW in an ugly ruched/unflatteringly gathered at the middle dress this week since they put her in one last week?

by Anonymousreply 57May 13, 2024 7:51 PM

R57 🤣 wouldn't put it past LW

by Anonymousreply 58May 13, 2024 8:00 PM

R50 I think the fact that chase and blq are second most popular says more about the lackluster state of the show as a whole than it should reflect on their popularity.

Literally nothing is working well on this show right now.

by Anonymousreply 59May 13, 2024 9:53 PM

The show had two very popular couples, Vanna and Sprina, last year. Now it has none.

by Anonymousreply 60May 13, 2024 10:12 PM

What is Kohl's a step up from? Dress Barn? Chicos?

[quote]The show had two very popular couples, Vanna and Sprina, last year.

Not if you look at the Facebook page. Those broads are not Sprina fans.

by Anonymousreply 61May 13, 2024 10:17 PM

[quote]I think the fact that chase and blq are second most popular says more about the lackluster state of the show as a whole than it should reflect on their popularity.

I could not agree more. If yawn inducing Sam and Dante are your most popular couple, that really speaks volumes about the lackluster state of romance in Port Charles.

Next thing you're going to tell me is snoozefest Michael and Willow are the third most popular pairing, after BLQ and Chase.

by Anonymousreply 62May 13, 2024 11:19 PM

I've been among those who have been bashing GH lately (because it stinks). But I am interrupting myself to talk about two consistently good actors to watch: Jane Elliot and Dominic Zamprogna. I look up from my Wordle or Spelling Bee whenever either of them is on. They act intelligently. They make their scenes interesting (no matter how stupid the writing is). And they make the actors with whom they share scenes better. I couldn't stand Sam until she connected with Dante. Do they make up for the bad actors, bad scripts, and inconsistent stories? Perhaps not, but I haven't tuned out. Yet.

by Anonymousreply 63May 13, 2024 11:22 PM

[quote]I couldn't stand Sam until she connected with Dante.

I have to agree. Sam is much more tolerable paired with Dante. Have never cared for the character at all for the past 21 years. But somehow, she is slightly more interesting now that she's with Dante.

I'm not saying she is a favorite now. Not by any stretch of the imagination. But she certainly is slightly more interesting now.

by Anonymousreply 64May 13, 2024 11:34 PM

R59 100% agree. Guess it's more of not having too many options to choose from.

The show is supposedly turning around for the better starting sometime this June.

by Anonymousreply 65May 14, 2024 12:40 AM

R60 Vanna were huge and Sprina had a big following.

R61 Right those Facebook Fraus couldn't stand Spencer being with Trina, but outside of them they were popular

by Anonymousreply 66May 14, 2024 12:43 AM

R62 Surprisingly, it wasn't Michael and Willow that came in third place, it was Laura and Kevin. A distant third, but still third place.

by Anonymousreply 67May 14, 2024 12:45 AM

Okay so Sam and Dante are the shows most popular couple? Where is their storyline? Where has it ever been? I don’t feel the rooting factor for them has ever been developed. Same goes for Chase and BL - they don’t have the story to warrant some much wanted happy ending.

Best couple - Tracy and Gregory. Followed by Sonny and Ava. For me that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 68May 14, 2024 1:19 AM

R68 Poll was most likely conducted from opinions based off of Facebook Fraus, keep in mind they usually like what the fans outside of there don't like.

by Anonymousreply 69May 14, 2024 1:23 AM

Vanna was the best couple.

Sonny and Ava could be good together but what would be better is a diabolical couple who love/fight and connive against the world together. Ava and Victor could have been a great diabolical couple if they hadn't turned him into a ridiculous cartoon with some outdated sci-fi story that just didn't play well 35 years later. Both dripping in charm and heat.

Also need snark. Robert/Anna type snark but with a couple.

I stand by my suggestion of Cyrus/Cassandra Pierce being a good diabolical couple.

MEK is good at snark but I don't know what's going on with him, I suspect health problems.

I know I'm in minority but I don't enjoy Scotty/Kin and his bumbling buffoonery, I like witty snark.

by Anonymousreply 70May 14, 2024 1:41 AM

Heard that in march r65

I’ll check back in mid summer but this show would have to do a 180 to regain interest.

by Anonymousreply 71May 14, 2024 3:42 AM

Genie mentioned waiting until she was actually retirement age before officially retiring from GH, she'll be 62 on 5/26, but she seems somewhat content there (she stated this about six years ago)

by Anonymousreply 72May 14, 2024 3:55 AM

R70 Finola wants back in on Vanna, even if its Anna playing Valentin for information about Pikeman, that's her ideal pairing.

LW is apparently disinterested in a Carly/Jagger pairing, yet she's absolutely up for Carly/Brennan, if it's not Carly/Jason (most likely she's noticed the negative feedback regarding Carly/Jagger, saying she lacks chemistry with him)

Sonny/Ava would be good again, except the show is leaning more towards Sonny/Natalia, which isn't generating heat at all, nor is Natalia on her own, yet the show is pushing Eva La Rue front and center.

An Anna/Robert type couple would be nice, except the closest they have to that is Sam/Dante, without much snark.

Cyrus/Cassandra would've been wonderful. No you're not in the minority, Scotty grates on many nerves.

by Anonymousreply 73May 14, 2024 4:05 AM

I feel like with the pairings on the show as they are why don’t they give Liason a real chance? They have the chemistry. Jason isn’t in a pairing. Not sure who on the show currently would work with him. Liz needs to be in a better one (especially with Nik and Lucky off canvas). Feels like the way to go.

by Anonymousreply 74May 14, 2024 4:21 AM

R74 Because Korte, Frank and the network aren't really interested in Elizabeth. Korte can't stand the character, while Frank and the network only use her as a prop to build up certain characters, based on popularity amongst fans when it comes to Liz.

Korte wants Jason with Carly, which is what LW wants too, yet the network apparently isn't too keen on them, neither is the main audience outside of Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 75May 14, 2024 4:29 AM

R53, I'm a bit older but I hear ya. Great analysis.

I never understood why they broke up Chase and Willow.

Aat 3:14 when he calls her up on stage, it's adorable and the shot at the end where they look up to the sky and he has his protective arm wrapped around her.

Swoon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 14, 2024 7:33 AM

R71 Understandable 😆 how many times can they claim everything will get better when there's absolutely no proof onscreen of any significant changes. Guess once their finished with the wedding, everyone will know if it's the truth or not.

by Anonymousreply 77May 14, 2024 8:49 AM

R76 There were two specific reasons in particular, why they split Willow/Chase in favor of Willow/Michael: they wanted to make Carly and Nina rivals in every way possible, so with Nelle out of the picture, they wanted Willow inserted and involved with Michael romantically, followed by the whole Sonny/Mike Nixon Falls escapades, just to keep the whole tit for tat thing between them going.

Also, Kate MacMullen actually wanted Willow with Michael instead of Willow with Chase, for she wanted Willow connected to the Quartermaine's. Now she wants Willow to go crazy, because apparently she's bored with Willow playing it safe.

by Anonymousreply 78May 14, 2024 9:00 AM

Josslyn becoming an environmentalist instead of a doctor is supposedly an unofficial nod to an early 90's story with Jenny Eckert? Is she the one who sunk the Quartermaine boat, the SS Tracy?

by Anonymousreply 79May 14, 2024 9:10 AM

NLG continues to crusade for Haley Pullos and is angering people on X.

NLG needs to just support her privately because people don't like drunk drivers who injure innocent people and then get very lenient sentences.

If the situation was reversed and a drunk driver had injured Haley, NLG would be screaming what an awful human being the driver is and calling for them to receive the harshest sentence possible.

Her publicly coddling and blathering on how much Haley has "suffered" is not helping Haley at all.

by Anonymousreply 80May 14, 2024 10:06 AM

R80 Nancy's being raked over the coals. Apparently Nancy's father was an alcoholic when she was growing up, so for her it's even more personal, besides the fact that she considers Haley one of her daughters.

Everything you've stated is true, Nancy herself also has had her troubles with alcohol, not to the extent of Haley, obviously, but she has been known to engage in lively Twitter rants/feuds on many nights while admitting she likes to indulge in libation.

She more than likely sees herself in Haley somewhat, although that's not enough of a reason to constantly justify Haley's reckless behavior.

by Anonymousreply 81May 14, 2024 10:19 AM

Aiden's coming out scene to Laura was apparently cut, due to making room for the Jason's returns story, which is why a lot of stories/scenes are being scaled back, for now.

However, even though that's supposedly the reason, the Facebook Fraus are (shockingly) not exactly too thrilled about one of Luke and Laura's grandsons being gay, so it was probably cut to appease them.

by Anonymousreply 82May 14, 2024 11:10 AM

I don't know why the show will not go there were Liz and Jason, but I watched the scene where Jason goes to Liz's house to see Jake and the two actors have insane chemistry. Yeah, Jason is still robotic and says two words a sentence, but that is real soap opera chemistry between those two characters/actors. You can't fake that stuff.

by Anonymousreply 83May 14, 2024 12:38 PM

Someone posted this photo of Chase with the caption:

"Chase sees his bride's ankles for the first time."

🤣🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 14, 2024 7:15 PM

You are cordially invited to attend:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 14, 2024 10:09 PM

R83 Korte refuses to reunite Jason/Liz, along with Jason/Sam as well, because she wants him with Carly, which is also what Wright wants- whether he still has that it factor with Liz/Sam or not, unless the network mandates a reunion, it's not going to happen as long as Korte is hw. You're not in the minority when it comes to seeing a spark between them, or even with Sam, which is why Korte's keeping Sam strictly with Dante, while Liz is M.I.A.

by Anonymousreply 86May 14, 2024 10:19 PM

Did the entire Coney Island rehearsal dinner take place off screen after WEEKS of it being discussed, ad nauseum? Couldn't Frank spring for a bounce house next to the dumpster where they usually film outdoor scenes?

by Anonymousreply 87May 14, 2024 10:23 PM

R87 😆 😆 apparently that would've been stretching the budget too. Remember their honeymoon in Italy, if they even go there, will probably be off screen as well, just like their first night together as a married couple, either not seen or fade to black.

by Anonymousreply 88May 14, 2024 10:29 PM

Per today's show Chris Van Etten was officially listed in the credits as a breakdown writer.

by Anonymousreply 89May 14, 2024 10:45 PM

Supposedly as part of the planned reset, with Korte/Mulcahey's true vision set to begin this summer, GH is bringing in a new generation of younger doctors and nurses, ala Night Shift

by Anonymousreply 90May 14, 2024 11:00 PM

Doctors and Nurses on a show called General Hospital, I'll believe when I see it since they lost the plot long ago.

A career as a smarmy politician suits this version of Drew as currently portrayed and over-acted by Cameron Mathison. But the fact they are finding a new path for him tells me they aren't cutting the actor loose any time soon which makes me unhappy. Why can't he have sex with both Nina and Willow on the same day and then die in Willow's bedroom like Mr. Pamuk on Downton Abbey? Nina can help Willow drag his dead body to Carly's room at the MetroCourt and make it look like she killed him. Just spit balling here...

by Anonymousreply 91May 14, 2024 11:15 PM

R91 Right it's more of wait and see now, since they're not known to keep their word.

Apparently Patrick Mulcahey is a big fan of Cameron Mathison/Drew, so although writers aren't able to get rid of characters on their own, or keep them, they can somewhat suggest or swaying on behalf of a certain actor/character.

by Anonymousreply 92May 15, 2024 12:23 AM

*they can somewhat suggest in swaying on behalf of a certain actor/character at R92

by Anonymousreply 93May 15, 2024 12:28 AM

Cousin Patty Cerullo is the only main Cerullo attending the wedding who's casting wasn't announced, which is being kept under wraps for some reason (Patty is supposedly Patrick Cerullo, who could be Gino's father and was on GH as a kid, when the Cerullo's were introduced in the 90's)

by Anonymousreply 94May 15, 2024 12:39 AM

*Who could be Gio's father at R94

by Anonymousreply 95May 15, 2024 12:40 AM

The wedding was taped almost exactly a month ago, starting around April 15th

by Anonymousreply 96May 15, 2024 12:42 AM

Not that anyone really cares 😆 but supposedly this is a female Cousin Patty, who's casting was kept under wraps, not the Cousin Patty who was on in the 90's, Lois's nephew.

by Anonymousreply 97May 15, 2024 2:15 AM

It seems to me that Patrick Mulcahey is not getting any of the blame. He's also a headwriter. Personally, I think he's better with scripts than long story and they should have hired a real headwriter with a vision, but it is looking like he's going to skate by on goodwill from previous scripts. And when I say a real headwriter, I don't mean dust off some relic who wrote the show when whatever fanbase loved it. Take a chance.

by Anonymousreply 98May 15, 2024 2:16 AM

R98 Patrick's getting blamed for this too, probably not to the extent of Korte, yet there's still blame on his part too. Korte's being blamed more because she's been there longer than him, yet is purposely rewriting history in favor of Carly, along with her unhealthy obsession with Carly. With Patrick, he admitted that he was tempted to write for characters on Santa Barbara as though they were actually him, yet he knew that wasn't beneficial to the characters, for him to live vicariously through them. Korte can't seem to comprehend that, or she purposely refuses not to understand that concept.

A real head writer lol in the form of someone possibly new to daytime would be ideal, although they seem to almost always hire a "relic" or promote from within, positioning break down and/or scriptwriters in the higher ranks of head writing. When there have been instances of hiring someone outside the box, with seemingly fresh/innovative ideas, like Mal Young at Y&R, it was still met with criticism. He might be a bad example, yet he was someone new to American soaps.

by Anonymousreply 99May 15, 2024 4:47 AM

Nobody young would dare take it on.

by Anonymousreply 100May 15, 2024 5:18 AM

GH slipped in the ratings again, down another 13,000 viewers week of May 6th-10th

April 1st-5th (2,127,000) (+48,000)

April 8th-12th (2,014,000) (-113,000)

April 15th-19th (1,985,000) (-29,000)

April 22nd-26th (1,952,000) (-33,000)

April 29th-May 3rd (1,889,000) (-63,000)

May 6th-10th (1,876,000) (-13,000)

by Anonymousreply 101May 15, 2024 5:23 AM

R57 and R58 and THAT's the show that should be done.

by Anonymousreply 102May 15, 2024 5:28 AM

R100 For the most part no. Sri Lao, who wrote for Night Shift, was actually someone Brian Frons had in mind as hw- when Guza was fired (back in 2011) Sri however turned him down, for he was interested in the day to day grind of head writing a daytime soap. Chris Van Etten and Dan O'Connor particularly weren't t that old (especially Dan) when they first started as head writers, yet their inexperience in that position showed; although to their credit, Frank and the network wouldn't let them write without micromanaging practically their every move.

by Anonymousreply 103May 15, 2024 5:32 AM

*Sri however turned him down, for he wasn't interested in the day to day grind of head writing a daytime soap at R103

by Anonymousreply 104May 15, 2024 5:34 AM

Sorry Sri Rao is his name I should say, not Sri Lao at R103

by Anonymousreply 105May 15, 2024 6:02 AM

R78 you sound incredibly well connected.

But not for nothing but how does Katelyn get a say in her story?

This show is tanking FAST. They need to fix it.

by Anonymousreply 106May 15, 2024 6:20 AM

Another thing in regards to the writing, Sonny being viewed as the town pariah is primarily Mulcahey, with Korte mixed in, for she was always more partial to Jason over Sonny. Carly being this saint, a pillar of virtue who many men want to be with her, while women want to be her, is on Korte. Everything else in between is still obviously being dictated by the network, following through with storylines that they originally delegated to Chris/Dan.

by Anonymousreply 107May 15, 2024 6:21 AM

R107 you have incredible dish.

what kind of insider are yoU?

by Anonymousreply 108May 15, 2024 6:24 AM

I should add at R107 the sudden change in regards to characters switching careers seems to be from Korte/Mulcahey too, for Mulcahey wanted Alexis to have her law license back. Crimson fit Nina more, so while Korte obviously wanted Carly to have the Metro Court back, they basically just switched their positions. Anything other than that sort of borders on overboard, such as Sasha, Willow, Trina, Josslyn, etc.

by Anonymousreply 109May 15, 2024 6:26 AM

R106 😁

Many actors at GH have storyline input, apparently moreso than the other soaps. Frank has certain favorites where he would cater to them and give them stories that they wanted, while refusing requests from others. However, many veteran actors who aren't necessarily on Frank's good side, such as Nancy Lee Grahn, repeatedly refuses storylines. She has that authority since the network is backing her, for Frank has wanted her out for the longest.

by Anonymousreply 110May 15, 2024 6:30 AM

R106 As far as the show tanking fast, definitely so. This has probably been one of, if not the worst head writing switch that they've ever experienced. Viewer feedback is negative when it comes to Korte and Mulcahey with calls for them to be fired. Nathan Varni, the network they're noticing this along with the faltering ratings. Supposedly there will be a reset soon, with more focus on other characters outside of Sonny, Jason and Carly.

by Anonymousreply 111May 15, 2024 6:34 AM

R108 Thank you, appreciate the compliment. I just like to share 🤫 😊

by Anonymousreply 112May 15, 2024 6:36 AM

Just out of curiosity, are any of you guys planning on watching the wedding? A few key events are expected to occur, which could provide a slight ratings increase, for not only are they banking on viewers tuning in for the whole pomp & circumstance, they want to retain viewers by having things happen outside of Brook Lynn and Chase.

by Anonymousreply 113May 15, 2024 6:40 AM

The wedding will only be interesting if there is a twist and someone other than Gregory dies or is injured.

Speculation is maybe Danny injured. Would they kill him? Would provide for a lot of story line.

But it will probably be Gregory in keeping with GH's lackluster brand and mission statement.

It is a shame they saddled Gregory Harrison with a deadly disease. Gregory and Tracy could have been the interesting matriarchs that Laura and Kevin aren't.

I don't give a tinker's cuss about Chase and BlazerLynn. I didn't like the actress to begin with but was really turned off seeing her at the Oscars with her husband dressed in what looked like a Burka minus the face covering on a hot day. Too pious to do love scenes or dress fashionably but not too pious to accept a paycheck from an industry that promotes and does love scenes.

by Anonymousreply 114May 15, 2024 11:21 AM

I loved her on OLTL as the scheming seducing hooker with a heart of gold a far cry from this buttoned up blazer pious prude. Will she be able to kiss Chase when they say you may kiss the bride?

by Anonymousreply 115May 15, 2024 1:13 PM

R114 Danny is supposed to be injured soon, though not at the wedding

by Anonymousreply 116May 15, 2024 3:09 PM

Agreed R114 Gregory Harrison really shouldn't have been stricken with this for his character, it's a shame that they can't retain their more talented/interesting actors/characters, by either letting them walk or not keeping them long-term. Yet they bend over backwards to accommodate others when they've clearly stayed well past their expiration date. Seeing him grow with Tracy would've been nice, though it's over now.

Also, spot on about Amanda Setton and her take on Brook Lynn R114 R115 😆 😆 she's really lucky Frank let her get away with this for as long as he has.

by Anonymousreply 117May 15, 2024 3:23 PM

I'm not a kid person so I'm probably not the best person to judge but the Violet kid just looks highly annoying. She also sounds way too full of herself in interviews. But her family are circus people. Maybe circus people are just annoying?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118May 15, 2024 4:49 PM

Chris and Dan may have been inexperieinced, but their shows never bored me.

I admire Patrick Mulcahey a lot. He's written some incredible shows. But he excels at writing individual scripts not at being a headwriter.

Show is yawn inducing right now. Brook Lynn and Chase are not an interesting enough couple to put months and months of buildup into their wedding on air.

Any ratings decline the show is experiencing is well deserved.

by Anonymousreply 119May 15, 2024 5:41 PM

Show had much success and acclaim with the Mike Corbin has dementia storyline.

They apparently wanted to recreate that success and acclaim by having another disease storyline and thus gave Gregory ALS.

by Anonymousreply 120May 15, 2024 6:13 PM

Exclusive: Steve Burton confirms his new relationship with NetFlix BBQ Showdown star Michelle Lundstrom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 15, 2024 7:47 PM

R118 😆 She's very annoying, very full of herself. I don't know about circus people 😆 however her mother is one of those pushy stage moms GH is known to have, who thinks their child is suddenly a huge star because they landed GH.

by Anonymousreply 122May 15, 2024 7:52 PM

R119 Inexperienced as hw's, although they both have a long resume going back to their days writing under Ron at OLTL. We never actually got to see everything they wanted to show, for Frank and the network constantly redirected their storyline visions in favor of their own beliefs and to suit their own personal benefits.

It's also been proven that the show has become even worse since they were replaced as hw's. Therefore Chris and Dan weren't the main problem after all.

by Anonymousreply 123May 15, 2024 8:00 PM

R120 That's exactly what they're trying to do. Unfortunately they're failing miserably at recreating that particular story.

by Anonymousreply 124May 15, 2024 8:02 PM

[quote]It's also been proven that the show has become even worse since they were replaced as hw's. Therefore Chris and Dan weren't the main problem after all.

I never had any major problem with Chris and Dan's stories, even if they were altered by Frank and Nathan along the way. They kept me entertained.

That said, I am forever grateful we didn't have to endure an Irene Manning redo with Susan Moore, back from the dead after 40 years, as a major crime mastermind manipulating Jason. It was a lame storyline on OLTL 13 years agi and it would have been an even lamer storyline on GH now.

by Anonymousreply 125May 15, 2024 8:10 PM

Let me guess: Little Violet saves the wedding by hopping up on the pulpit, ukulele in hand, to officiate the wedding in song.

"'Member gwampa? Juwst wike we pwacticed."

by Anonymousreply 126May 15, 2024 8:18 PM

If it is true that Chris and Dan pitched a return story for Steve that involved Susan Moore as some powerful mob boss, they were rightly fired. It didn't work when OLTL tried it, why in the hell did they think it was going to work on GH.

I would also like to add that at some point you can't keep on firing writers and keep the same show runner in place for all these years. Someone has to greenlight what the writers are doing. GH looks damned good, but do you want a show with nice sets or do you want a show that is engaging and keeps you interested by the storytelling and not the great sets

by Anonymousreply 127May 15, 2024 8:29 PM

Circus people.

Well, highly accomplished high wire walker dad. Mom stunt woman. Parents got married on a high wire.

Jophielle is just a baby in this video but there are other videos of her a little older and doing high wire with her father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128May 15, 2024 8:47 PM

[quote][R120] That's exactly what they're trying to do. Unfortunately they're failing miserably at recreating that particular story.

Dementia lends itself to the screen and to creating drama and pathos.

ALS doesn't translate to the screen quite so easily. So much of what ALS patients experience is internal and can't really be demonstrated readily on screen.

It's a shame because Gregory Harrison is doing a great job with what he's given. Would love to see him be able to hit this one out of the ball park, but he's not being given the material to do so.

by Anonymousreply 129May 15, 2024 10:31 PM

The pins in Gregory's head from an old war injury are causing metallosis!

by Anonymousreply 130May 15, 2024 10:41 PM

I'm shocked I tell you, shocked at the neckline on BLQ's gown. Did they threaten her with dismissal if she didn't wear it? She looked a little pregnant from the side view. Might explain the rather large bouquet walking down the aisle.

Who did Rena Sofer piss off in the wardrobe dept.?

Can't stand Eva LaRue's giggling. She's a seasoned soap actress, why is she doing that?

KStorms looks a bit slimmer but still has a long way to go.

by Anonymousreply 131May 16, 2024 12:01 AM

Josslyn and Giovanni are getting extremely positive feedback, even though he's supposed to be for Trina.

by Anonymousreply 132May 16, 2024 2:04 AM

If they were smart they would have Greg bedridden with ALS and know the end is near. He could decide to donate his organs, unfortunately they didn't think of that. To bad someone isn't waiting for a transplant.

by Anonymousreply 133May 16, 2024 5:13 AM

Most likely they'll get a slight increase in the ratings, however the viewers will probably tune out again in droves, which is what happened after the first week of "Jason returns" and primarily every week since then.

by Anonymousreply 134May 16, 2024 5:51 AM

R125 Without a doubt for that story sounds terrible, probably would've been executed just as poorly as the Tale of Two Todd's Irene Manning being this big supervillain. The fact that Chris and Dan contributed to that particular story on OLTL is more than enough to assume they were planning on doing an even cheaper knockoff of an already flimsy idea.

by Anonymousreply 135May 16, 2024 5:57 AM

R126 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 136May 16, 2024 5:57 AM

R127 Agreed. Unless they thought that their new take on that story would somehow go over better, though I highly doubt it. It sounded like a choppy mess, with Morgan coming back and Olivia Jerome (even if recast, though probably not) along with Liz potentially kidnapping Jason by keeping him hidden at Wyndemere to "protect him" which is a ripoff in itself of the Jake Doe story.

Frank and Nathan aren't doing the show any favors. They keep changing dance partners to the same song, when the common denominator is the two of them who are off step.

by Anonymousreply 137May 16, 2024 6:04 AM

R128 Jophielle looks pretty unhappy in that clip lol like someone get me out of here, what would I have to do to escape from this circus. She also is a spitting image of her grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 138May 16, 2024 6:07 AM

R129 Understandable, yet it isn't Gregory Harrison's performance that I'm critiquing, he's incredible. I'm speaking solely on how horribly written this story is, which is coming from the network, for under Chris and Dan/the temp writers aka producers/Korte and Mulcahey, it's not registering well.

by Anonymousreply 139May 16, 2024 6:10 AM

R130 😆 Since Alley Mills had to be Heather, it would've been even better for Gregory Harrison to be Jeff. Even though he was cast well before her, casting him as Jeff should've been their priority instead of giving Finn a father, or someone else could've played his dad. If anything, Alley probably would've fared better as Carolyn Webber.

by Anonymousreply 140May 16, 2024 6:17 AM

R131 Brook Lynn's cleavage is pretty surprising. With Frank currently being pacified, to a certain extent, she might not have been able to get his permission to wear something more "conservative." She's also apparently hiding weight gain, although that could be a cover for another pregnancy, seeing private she is, with her personal life.

LMAO Eva La Rue seems pretty excited to have a job on GH and Maurice is reportedly "starstruck" behind the scenes, in regards to working with her (which probably has more to do with her primetime stint on CSI than soaps, although she is a "soap name" in the same vein as Cynthia and Maura, two of his faves he loves working with as well) add in being cast on RHOBH she probably is giggling out of joy over that as well.

by Anonymousreply 141May 16, 2024 6:25 AM

R133 Too clever for this show lol

by Anonymousreply 142May 16, 2024 6:28 AM

R123, I was saying that when people were grumbling for them to be fired. I thought THEY are not the problem.

But, nope! everyone wanted them out. They were ousted and they put Korte in charge KNOWING she's Sonny Carly Jason all day all the time and anti - Liz.

They knew this would happen and they went ahead and did it.

This was clearly not the answer.

by Anonymousreply 143May 16, 2024 3:29 PM

R143 Right it's not them, for Frank is now on his fifth head writing change since he first started 12 years ago, by either swapping out one or both head writers at a time. Fired Ron for Jean/Shelly. Forced Jean into early retirement for Shelly/Chris. Replaced Shelly on favor of Chris/Dan. Now Elizabeth/Patrick in for a demoted Chris and a fired Dan, who's apparently bitter, considering legal action against the network.

Remember the network originally promoted EK up to interim head writer, just in case PM turned them down, for he was their top choice. She was going to stay as interim or back to associate head writer once they secured him, except PM apparently requested EK as permanent head writer, right along with him. At this point, Frank, Nathan, EK and unfortunately even PM all seem to be huge problematic non fits.

by Anonymousreply 144May 16, 2024 5:40 PM

Patrick Mulcahey FIRED!

by Anonymousreply 145May 16, 2024 7:22 PM

Yet Korte remains! SMDH. Did she sabotage Patrick?

I hope Patrick goes scorched earth in an interview.

GH will be kaput by end of the year in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 146May 16, 2024 8:40 PM

Shitshow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 16, 2024 8:47 PM

Mulcahey should never have been named HW.

They should have brought him in as a consultant. He could have provided the Jason returns storyline, plus helped refocus the show where Laura and Anna both realize the Sonny is a criminal they should not be friendly with.

by Anonymousreply 148May 16, 2024 9:15 PM

I want whoever came up with the Heather redemption to be fired and read for filth.

Korte needs to be fired and put under a 5150 so she can address her Carly fetish with trained professionals. She can eat jello with a plastic spoon so she doesn't harm herself while she goes through Carly withdrawal.

by Anonymousreply 149May 16, 2024 9:21 PM

Show has been worse in the past 6-8 weeks than its ever been at any time under Frank's tenure.

This Patrick's stories will kick off in June excuse for why we have supremely boring episodes now is lame. That's not how this business works. You work with what you've got. You write compelling episodes that keep viewers involved.

These past 6-8 weeks have come across as even the script writers are bored and frustrated. Their heart didn't seem to be in it because they weren't writing compelling scripts.

I was never bored by any of the episodes when Chris and Dan were HW. I may not have liked some of their storylines but the episodes kept me involved and entertained.

I cannot say the same thing for the Patrick-Liz regime.

Sorry Patrick got the axe but not surprised either. He'll land at The Gates with his friend Michelle Val Jean.

by Anonymousreply 150May 16, 2024 9:39 PM

Chris Van Etten is back upgraded as hw, along with Elizabeth Korte staying in that position

by Anonymousreply 151May 16, 2024 9:42 PM

Well that's in that article too, about Chris in the article from R147 should've known when they brought him back as a breakdown writer.

by Anonymousreply 152May 16, 2024 9:45 PM

R146 Wouldn't put it past her. Patrick probably pushed back on a lot of her and the network's ideas, which was also part of the reason why he retired from B&B, for CBS wouldn't greenlight a lot of his stories. Now that they're under new management, he can easily join his other bestie Michele val Jean at The Gates

by Anonymousreply 153May 16, 2024 9:48 PM

R148 Exactly, or at least as a breakdown/script writer. Many of us here have shared that same sentiment. We also were predicting he wouldn't be there too long lol he was given a year tops

by Anonymousreply 154May 16, 2024 9:50 PM

Agreed. There were also reports of infighting behind the scenes within the writers room, including a writer going off on the wardrobe department for the way a character was being dressed. The wait until June seemed to be a way to pacify viewers. It'll be nine weeks tomorrow since their material started airing and it has been absolutely dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 155May 16, 2024 9:54 PM

It seems like Korte is to GH what Dena Higley was to Days. Y'all are never getting rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 156May 16, 2024 10:42 PM

R156 Pretty much 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 157May 16, 2024 10:45 PM

Now there's an update stating Elizabeth Korte will be the sole head writer, with the announcement of Chris Van Etten as her co-head writer unconfirmed by the network, for he'll stay on as breakdown writer, with additional writing changes coming soon. Hopefully, they're actively looking for one or two replacements for Korte; although she most likely will not be fired, she can at least be demoted back to associate head writer.

by Anonymousreply 158May 16, 2024 10:52 PM

The update of Elizabeth Korte as sole head writer came courtesy of Soap Opera Network:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159May 16, 2024 10:56 PM

Solo Korte?! They’re gonna have to clone Laura Wright.

My apologies to the Black cast.

by Anonymousreply 160May 16, 2024 11:03 PM

Did this Korte bitch learn at the feet of JFP?

Frank better watch his back- he's likely next on her agenda.

by Anonymousreply 161May 16, 2024 11:17 PM

R160 Solo smh this show is so screwed. 🤣 They most definitely will have to clone Wright 😁 along with McCoy too.

by Anonymousreply 162May 16, 2024 11:34 PM

R161 LMAO she probably did take notes from Phelps. She comes across as very cutthroat. Ron didn't trust her at all lol

by Anonymousreply 163May 16, 2024 11:36 PM

Korte's long story for the next year or two:

1) Carly gets an identical twin, which triggers

2) Carly's DID, she will have 3 alters named Marly, Harley, and Darly which leads to

3) Carly and Jason's romantic wedding extravaganza, which leads to

4) Carly is pregnant with Jason's baby, which leads to

5) Carly going to medical school and being the first intern named GH's chief of staff, which leads to

6) Carly being possessed by the devil

Nothing else will happen, except 36 minutes of Carly every weekday afternoon! The Gates won't stand a chance.

by Anonymousreply 164May 16, 2024 11:40 PM

ABC should move the show to Hulu/Disney+ now. If The Gates holds on to its lead in, and draws the audience it's chasing, GH will be toast at 2pm Eastern.

by Anonymousreply 165May 16, 2024 11:45 PM

[quote] 6) Carly being possessed by the devil

Is she NOT?

by Anonymousreply 166May 16, 2024 11:46 PM

R164 😆 Korte is probably working on all of that now as we speak

by Anonymousreply 167May 17, 2024 12:14 AM

R165 Apparently Frank mentioned that he's not sure if GH even has a year left in them, on some sort of podcast

by Anonymousreply 168May 17, 2024 12:18 AM

R166 😁

by Anonymousreply 169May 17, 2024 12:18 AM

Frank wasn't actually on the podcast, I should say at R168 he's allegedly claiming behind the scenes he thinks GH will be soon cancelled, while there's also those who believe it's Disney+ or Hulu for GH, once ABC decides to relocate GH from their daytime lineup

by Anonymousreply 170May 17, 2024 12:54 AM

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but the only big change in the soap landscape is the announcement of The Gates.

Who knows how the existing soap industry is handling this. I assume they are hearing more than us. I wonder if they will seriously have to up their game, or if the new is more of the same.

I am willing to sacrifice production values for good story. Maybe not as far as Peapack. Early Dark Shadows is fine.

by Anonymousreply 171May 17, 2024 3:39 AM

ABC just named Stage 4 at the Prospect lot where GH tapes The General Hospital Stage.

Doesn't that mean it's going to be around for a while ...or the opposite?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172May 17, 2024 3:40 AM

I'll bet money that Val Jean hires Mulcahey to do dialogue for The Gates.

He brought her over to B&B.

She owes him.

by Anonymousreply 173May 17, 2024 3:41 AM

I don't think Disney would risk the wrath of fans by cancelling GH at this point, but with the ratings going down so much in the past two months, it would not be outrageous for Disney to move GH from ABC to Hulu exclusively, just like NBC did with Days two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 174May 17, 2024 3:53 AM

Patrick generally does good work but it sounds like he was at odds with Korte from day one.

by Anonymousreply 175May 17, 2024 3:54 AM

This all reminds me, also, of the whole Sally Sussman Morina returning to Y&R thing, where everyone wanted someone to return to a prior writer/regime/style but then when the stories were actually told no one seemed to like them very much!

by Anonymousreply 176May 17, 2024 4:15 AM

R171 The Gates is currently the biggest move being made in daytime as of now. Frank supposedly questioning GH still being around a year from now is most likely him spit balling since he's not in control as much as he used to be. ABC/Disney can cancel GH at anytime without going through any back channels, for they own GH outright, unlike CBS with the Bell shows. If anything, the changes being made are their way of rescuing it, for they'd more than likely move it to streaming first before flat out cancellation.

by Anonymousreply 177May 17, 2024 6:01 AM

R172 Frank wondering if GH is being cancelled next year seems to be him throwing out ideas based on him not being in control of everything, as he once was; they'd surely move it to one of their streaming services exclusively before cancelling the show entirely.

by Anonymousreply 178May 17, 2024 6:05 AM

R173 I'll take that bet right along with you 😁😁

by Anonymousreply 179May 17, 2024 6:08 AM

Apparently Elizabeth Korte is just sole head writer for now, going by their announcement.

by Anonymousreply 180May 17, 2024 6:10 AM

R174 Agreed. Actually when NBC moved Days to Peacock, ABC/Disney was watching them closely, monitoring their entire model. However, ABC is also apparently lacking in development currently of any new daytime shows, so moving them to a streaming service anytime soon wouldn't be ideal, unless they had a strong replacement, which they seemingly don't have.

by Anonymousreply 181May 17, 2024 6:16 AM

R175 Take this with a grain of salt, but from what's being mentioned now, not only was he at odds with her, he was also apparently used as a scapegoat, to get eyeballs back into the show, knowing he has a brand and a following. Korte being besties with both Frank and Nathan also has ideas that border more inline with their way of thinking, as opposed to Patrick's ideas. Korte and Mulcahey were close prior to him coming back to GH, not sure where they stand with each other now.

The three of them are also big fans of LW's Carly; while Patrick, on the other hand, had to become more familiar with her version, for he's a big fan of Sarah Brown and her portrayal, seeing how he was there when Sarah first brought Carly to the screen and he helped in the development of her Carly.

by Anonymousreply 182May 17, 2024 6:26 AM

R176 That's exactly what seems to be the case.

by Anonymousreply 183May 17, 2024 6:30 AM

It should also be of note that Korte doesn't like a lot of the characters that Mulcahey likes, such as Alexis and the Quartermaines. Korte also can't stand Elizabeth and many believe she isn't much of a fan of minority characters, particularly Black characters, outside of Curtis, who's been her exception. Trina is more of Josslyn's sounding board under Korte, while Mulcahey is more of a voice for not only Black characters but he also loves interracial romances. Giovanni's planned romance with Trina will probably now be scrapped, in favor of a triangle with Josslyn and Dex.

by Anonymousreply 184May 17, 2024 6:40 AM

There are also rumblings that no one really wants to work for Frank/Nathan as head writer, from older past head writers to break down/script writers from other soaps, because the industry talks and they believe that job is too demanding, with a toxic environment to boot.

Inserting Korte's influence is another reason why the job is not exactly a hot commodity, for even some who work/worked as break down writers or scriptwriters as GH referenced how Korte constantly rewrites a lot of their scripts, for she has final approval over all scripts, with Nathan having final approval over all storylines (Frank would have approval over both storylines and scripts; he'd constantly do rewrites as well)

by Anonymousreply 185May 17, 2024 6:59 AM

"Dateline Port Caroline" should be the title for the next thread until the show is cancelled thanks to Elizabeth Korte and her Carly fetish.

by Anonymousreply 186May 17, 2024 9:47 AM

Nancy being shady Nancy, once again 😆 she saluted all her TV daughters- Haley, Lexi, Kristen and Kate, with no mention of Kelly Monaco. She had defenders who claimed that she was specifically referencing her daughters who have been recast, yet no mention, obviously, of Holiday Mia Kreigel or Brooke Anne Smith either, so apparently she only referenced the daughters she actually likes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187May 17, 2024 9:51 AM

R188 Absolutely 😁

by Anonymousreply 188May 17, 2024 9:52 AM

LMAO that absolutely was meant for R186 at R188 know it's too early now, but definitely a fitting title.

by Anonymousreply 189May 17, 2024 9:54 AM

Nancy also neglected to mention Lindsay Hartley in her love for her daughters as well.

by Anonymousreply 190May 17, 2024 9:56 AM

LW countered NLG's post with a photo of herself and Monaco and captioning it "love this one".

by Anonymousreply 191May 17, 2024 9:57 AM

Another reason why Frank or anyone else for that matter is questioning GH's longevity is probably because Bob Iger is still considering selling ABC, so new owners might not be as lenient as him with GH

by Anonymousreply 192May 17, 2024 10:00 AM

R191 Did she really do that? That photo where KM looks like she's being held hostage?

by Anonymousreply 193May 17, 2024 10:01 AM

I should have said "coincidentally" instead of "countered". Whatever the case, weird she felt the need to suddenly proclaim her love for Monao.

I can't see NLG's tweets, she blocked me ages ago. She didn't like what I said about Meghan Markle as she's a Meghan fangirl. I wasn't even talking to her, she just chimed in out of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 194May 17, 2024 10:10 AM

^Monaco

by Anonymousreply 195May 17, 2024 10:10 AM

R194 LW probably did it on purpose, especially if it was done after NLG. Even if it wasn't after NLG's, LW is aware of the "feud" NLG and KM are currently having, which seems to rear its head every so often. Once NLG was pissed at KM for flaking out on another commitment years ago, which led NLG to post how KM was "probably too busy fighting with her boyfriend again" to show up for her.

She calls herself protective over Meghan based on the whole Stephen Markle connection/knowing Meghan for years, etc. The tweet says: "I love all my TV children, Haley, Lexi and now Kristen and Kate.... I just did scenes with my TV Kate & got so caught up in her I forgot I was acting... That is an actors happy place. The script was a gem too. Beautiful words."

by Anonymousreply 196May 17, 2024 10:42 AM

Dorian Lord thinks she knows how to solve GH's woes:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 17, 2024 1:28 PM

Supposedly a very popular, beloved, veteran actress" will be out soon, for Patrick apparently tried saving her, along with others, by crafting stories for them that are now no longer on the table, for his stories/ideas are being rewritten. Becky Herbst is the main candidate in terms of that apparent blind item.

by Anonymousreply 198May 17, 2024 1:34 PM

If TPTB think Liz is the issue....then they're fucked. Let the ship sink.

by Anonymousreply 199May 17, 2024 1:36 PM

If this is true and it just so happens to be Becky Herbst that's out, her close friend Michele Val Jean can invite her over to The Gates with Patrick Mulcahey as well.

by Anonymousreply 200May 17, 2024 1:40 PM

Frank is now primarily being singled out for sabotaging Patrick, out of revenge for the network getting rid of both Chris and Dan in the head writer position, along with Frank himself being neutered.

by Anonymousreply 201May 17, 2024 1:44 PM

The answer to GH's problems is not OLTL characters, but thanks for playing and trying to get your friend Kassie some work, Miss Robin Strasser.

If they get rid of Becky, then what happens with Jake who is Jason's son? Her exit would also scrap the Aiden/Tobias storyline. And who will be head nurse?

We haven't discussed Finn accidently take a drink of alcohol or did I misunderstand what happened? Maybe they will ship him off to rehab and then he can send for his annoying daughter afterwards and start a new life elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 202May 17, 2024 1:47 PM

R199 Getting rid of Elizabeth is definitely not the answer. Honestly they're mistakenly repeating one wrong decision after another

by Anonymousreply 203May 17, 2024 1:53 PM

R202 😁 😁 yeah thanks for playing.

Jake would most likely be raised by Jason, with help from Carly under Korte, since she's anti-Quartermaine. Almost certain that storyline idea about Jake accidentally being shot by Danny and turning into a younger version of his dad after the accident with AJ was more likely a Korte based story, not Mulcahey. In that particular story, they were planning on Jason and Carly bonding with Jake, after he rejects Elizabeth.

Unfortunately they've already gutted the Aiden/Tobias storyline by cutting scenes of Aiden coming out to Laura and having him interact more with others instead of his very own mother. Pretty sure they'd just hire some dayplayer head nurse.

No that's what happened, Finn took a sip of alcohol, which is supposed to play into today's show, in the short-term. As for long-term, Michael Easton is scheduled out, so a stint in rehab could be in the cards.

by Anonymousreply 204May 17, 2024 2:04 PM

If Elizabeth is the one, they are clearly laying the ground work now. Jake can't stand Jason, ends up having to be raised by him when his mother dies in the crossfire between Jason and some mob person. A touching father and son story.

by Anonymousreply 205May 17, 2024 2:07 PM

If Liz dies, which would be a huge mistake, then is Lucky going to come back and take care of his son Aidan? Or does Laura have another grandchild to raise causing her to step down as Mayor and Jordan to become Mayor?

by Anonymousreply 206May 17, 2024 2:14 PM

If it’s Liz I’m done! She’s one of the most important characters / actors on the canvas and if TPTB don't see that…yet we have Nina? Alexis? Heather Weber?

Could be Laura? Anna? Any of these would just show this show is a sinking ship and they don’t get what we want to see.

by Anonymousreply 207May 17, 2024 2:36 PM

Any scoop on the Cady McClain/Jon LIndstrom divorce?

I was surprised by it.

by Anonymousreply 208May 17, 2024 2:45 PM

Gio actor is on contract per closing credits.

by Anonymousreply 209May 17, 2024 8:02 PM

I'm curious how the fraus (and ratings) would respond if the network replaced LW with either SJB or TB. Are Korte and the Karens really all about Carly, or just about LW?

by Anonymousreply 210May 17, 2024 8:12 PM

I was feeling the Dex/Gio chemistry today :) Wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 211May 17, 2024 8:15 PM

Dex's ass in those pants at the wedding was a sight to behold.

by Anonymousreply 212May 17, 2024 8:20 PM

So what was the Friday cliffhanger? Kristina seeing her father beating someone up? Are we to believe she doesn't know the reality of what her father does for a living? Isn't she 30-something years old?

And Ned in his clown suit, same suit he was wearing when he fell into the pool and then emerged as Eddie Maine.

I swear DLers could not only write a better show but style the characters better.

by Anonymousreply 213May 17, 2024 9:40 PM

Its speaks volumes that the behind the scenes drama is much more interesting that what's happening on screen.

by Anonymousreply 214May 17, 2024 9:54 PM

I hope Patrick Mulcahey enjoys his free time and heads to Folsom!

by Anonymousreply 215May 17, 2024 11:59 PM

Previews For Next Week:

Monday 5/20/24

Sonny is horrified.

Blaze consoles Kristina.

Jason summons Carly.

Gregory apologizes to Finn.

Anna confronts Brennan.

Tuesday 5/21/2024

Alexis and Diane prepare to present their case.

Kristina pleads with Michael.

Dex has a big decision to make.

Finn faces a difficult task.

Sonny seeks Dante's help.

Wednesday, 5/22/2024

Liz is alarmed.

Alexis is thrown for a loop.

Dante issues a warning to Sonny.

Ava gets key intel.

Kristina makes an offer.

Thursday 5/23/2024

Carly stonewalls Anna.

Alexis has her day in court.

Giovanni makes a move.

Kristina shares her fears.

Friday 5/24/2024

Molly and TJ go on a date.

Liz can't shake her concern.

Portia is conflicted.

Cody and Stella support Tracy.

by Anonymousreply 216May 18, 2024 1:49 AM

Any truth to the speculation Kate Mansi and Blaze actress don't like each other?

by Anonymousreply 217May 18, 2024 1:56 AM

R205 Right because she's barely been on since the Korte/Mulcahey era started. Korte was even seemingly trolling the audience with that whole terrible episode (featuring the kids and the Deception cream) asking about Liz's whereabouts (she's vindictive enough to insert things like that into scripts, even if she isn't the actual primary script writer)

R206 Jonathan Jackson, who refuses to do anything now unless they're faith based projects, did say that he would return to usher Elizabeth out. Lucky and Lulu have both been projected to return for awhile, although Frank preferred Jonathan and Julie Marie only. However, they've both turned down repeated offers to return on a full-time basis. Genie mentioned that Lucky will return, at Nancy's event, however that was before Mulcahey's exit, for he was invested in Aiden's coming out story and wanted Lucky a part of it.

by Anonymousreply 218May 18, 2024 2:00 AM

R207 Liz fits, based on the clues given (very popular, beloved, vet, female) along with Alexis, Anna and Laura. Nina and Heather don't match that description of vet; Ava doesn't either, since vets are pretty much pre-Frank era.

Doubt that it's Anna, for Finola tried quitting before, only for Frank to convince her to stay. If it were someone choosing to leave, she would be a good guess, except it's supposedly not by choice.

Same goes for Genie, seeing how she's mentioned leaving once she gets to retirement age (she'll be 62 on May 26th); whether she meant full retirement age is unknown.

The clues seem to fit either Liz or Alexis, except it's doubtful that it's Nancy, for Frank tried to get her to leave during her last contract renewal by low balling her (and according to her, she almost walked) except the network also wants her to stay. The network is also behind Anna and Laura, for they know how popular they both are with the audience.

Liz has a huge fan base as well, which is why Frank/the network used her to make Franco redeemable and Finn acceptable, so her value has mainly been to prop men from OLTL. Only one left now is Cody, though he's for Sasha (or Olivia, but that seemed more Mulcahey's idea). Genie, Nancy and Becky currently are testing well as some of the most popular actresses on GH, yet they're refusing to fully utilize Liz.

by Anonymousreply 219May 18, 2024 2:36 AM

Should mention that fan bases aren't always a given, in terms of keeping actors/character's or not. GH actually likes to do the opposite, by knowingly keeping actors/characters who aren't catching on with fans, well past their welcome, until the network finally decides to write them off.

If a fan base is vocal enough, such as Becky's situation back in 2011, they can influence them to keep a certain factor/character, which is why Jill did an about face and rehired Becky, after convincing Frons/Guza it was a mistake to get rid of her, once Becky's fans revolted. They're apparently not worried about that happening now, since this was 13 years ago

by Anonymousreply 220May 18, 2024 2:43 AM

Not saying it definitely is Becky that's on her way out, just saying they're proving their allegiance to the fans isn't of their primary concern, by constantly going their way, instead of giving the fans what they want, onscreen and off

by Anonymousreply 221May 18, 2024 2:45 AM

R208 Just the usual bi coastal/distance/grew apart/moving in different directions scenario. Although Cady is originally from LA, she moved to NY as a teenager and has been there frequently, working, within the last year or so.

As much as Cady is adored, she is known to have a fiery personality, which Jon seemed not to mind for as long as they were together. Back when she was on AMC in the early-mid 90's, she had some relationships that didn't exactly end too well, including an interracial relationship with a Black man that some of her fans weren't exactly onboard with when she publicized it.

by Anonymousreply 222May 18, 2024 2:57 AM

R210 Korte and that crowd of Fraus have always been Carly fans hardcore, from SJB to TB to now LW. JB is really the only one that didn't really catch on with fans as much, although Korte was in favor of her too, since she's been obsessed with Carly since the early stages of Carly's development.

by Anonymousreply 223May 18, 2024 3:01 AM

R210 If anything, the more Korte has written for Carly, the more obsessed with Carly she has become, throughout the years. The more power over scripts she has, that has given her more of an opportunity to have an outlet for her Carly obsession.

by Anonymousreply 224May 18, 2024 3:05 AM

R211 The reaction to Gio is blowing up. There's already hopes for a Dex/Josslyn/Gio triangle, even though he was originally planned for Trina. Gio and Trina can still occur, although if that's not what Korte wants and with network approval, he could go to Josslyn.

by Anonymousreply 225May 18, 2024 3:09 AM

R212 Dex/Evan has a nice ass on him 😁 He's actually really admired behind the scenes and with fans, the writing for him and his acting aren't always top notch, but he can grow into that.

by Anonymousreply 226May 18, 2024 3:14 AM

R213 Right Kristina's at least 31, almost 32 by now. They would prefer the audience suspend disbelief and act like Kristina is aloof to everything that's happening in regards to her father's business dealings, for the sake of the story.

True 🤣 the stories and wardrobe suggestions referenced here are miles ahead of what they're showcasing.

by Anonymousreply 227May 18, 2024 3:18 AM

R214 Absolutely 😊

by Anonymousreply 228May 18, 2024 3:19 AM

I think Cady also dips her toe in the lady pond now and then so who knows if that played a factor....either in their original getting together or their divorce.

Based on some of their posts and various interviews they always seemed more like friends anyway. Still weird to think that Jon and Eileen Davidson used to be married.

by Anonymousreply 229May 18, 2024 3:29 AM

Why are you all assuming the blind item is legit?

A lot of unnecessary effort on speculation

by Anonymousreply 230May 18, 2024 3:31 AM

R187, I'd rather piss off Eric Braeden and Susan Flannelry before I'd piss off Nancy Lee Grahn.

by Anonymousreply 231May 18, 2024 4:44 AM

R217 I heard it's true, more that Kate doesn't like Jacqueline than Jacqueline not liking Kate. The reasons were Kate not being a fan of Jacqueline's conceited personality, along with GH going to her head.

by Anonymousreply 232May 18, 2024 5:47 AM

R229 LMAO how did you know about that? Cady was linked to a woman before lol it's funny that you say that, but I don't remember her giving confirmation that they were more than friends, sort of like a Kyle Richards/Morgan Wade situation. It was also around her AMC days.

by Anonymousreply 233May 18, 2024 5:54 AM

R229 Right Jon and Eileen were married, didn't he cheat on her? What's interesting about that is when Cady took over for Cynthia Watros as Kelly on Y&R, Cady said that was an unhappy experience. Y&R has been almost as cliquish as GH, while they seemed to shun newcomers to their show from other soaps.

by Anonymousreply 234May 18, 2024 6:01 AM

R231 😆 😆 that's accurate. Nancy has a lot of dirt that she spills in brief spells here and there, just imagine what would happen if she were fired. She would most likely take some of them down with her.

by Anonymousreply 235May 18, 2024 6:06 AM

I thought it was Eileen who cheated on Jon...

The KateMansi/Blaze situation is interesting. Kate seems to put a lot of effort into making her co-stars at GH like her but none where Blaze is concerned. Kate follows everyone at GH except Blaze and doesn't tag her when posting cast photos. And why has the Blaze actress let GH go to her head? No one is talking about her at all, no buzz whatsoever. I didn't even know her name until this came up. The Gio kid who has only been on twice has more buzz as does 73 year old Gregory Harrison. Chase and BLQ actors worked with her first, wonder how they feel about her? Anyway, she looks like a muppet and I don't like muppets.

by Anonymousreply 236May 18, 2024 11:37 AM

Carly could work as a leading lady if she was written complex - TB worked in that way. SJB could easily be front and center as Carly’s anti heroine version. Similar to an Ava now. LW Carly just doesn’t work! She’s not likable or complex just sanctimonious. So I could deal with Carly as a lead but the way she’s written and acted would have to be different.

by Anonymousreply 237May 18, 2024 1:14 PM

How can they force Nina on us for a decade? And push this Heather Weber narrative or bring on more female characters if they could even consider losing RH/Liz?! She has chemistry with everyone. She’s a nurse on general hospital. She’s tied to all the characters and comes from a core family. Crazy Finn has been given backstory, siblings, parents and yet Liz can’t get the same treatment!

by Anonymousreply 238May 18, 2024 1:16 PM

Cady McClain as Carly!

by Anonymousreply 239May 18, 2024 1:17 PM

Rebecca Herbst is an introvert. Introverts generally aren't obsequious; it doesn't come naturally. If she was fawning and cheerleading all over social media and on set, things might be different.

I know I'm not as valued as my extroverted colleagues who are constantly schmoozing and participating in all social activities held evenings and weekends, etc. I go home at the end of the day (before WFH) and my weekends are mine. I do attend annual Holiday Party but that's it.

by Anonymousreply 240May 18, 2024 1:34 PM

R240 Yes, and sometimes those kinds of people get punished for not playing office politics.

I won't bore you with a list of names but some of the more talented actresses from earlier soaps were considered to be frosty bitches and/or never got into the whole Emmy nominations or wins races, because they didn't play the games and didn't schmooze. I know RH has children and I suspect she does her work and then goes home and has a life outside of work.

by Anonymousreply 241May 18, 2024 2:29 PM

What's coming out now is that Patrick Mulcahey actually left on his own accord, for backstage GH is filled to the brim with toxicity and power struggles. Chris Van Etten being rehired as breakdown writer was suggested by Patrick apparently, after the network chose to fire both Chris and Dan, in favor of Patrick. Frank has had a close relationship with Chris and Dan since they were under him at OLTL, so he wasn't onboard with getting rid of them to begin with. Dan is possibly suing GH for wrongful termination, in a backstage version of the Steve/Ingo situation, where one was rehired and the other was not. Initial reports had Patrick as fired and Chris as co-head writer in place of him, yet both are now being discredited, especially the one regarding Chris, which was quickly shut down the same day of Patrick leaving being announced, with Korte being named as the sole head writer.

by Anonymousreply 242May 18, 2024 3:42 PM

I hope Patrick gave them a piece of his mind before he left. Something along the lines of but not limited to:

"You people aren't interested in making this show better. You are all too caught up in your petty grievances and favoritism to know your audience and produce a quality end product. You should start writing your SERIES FINALE now and book the caterer for the wrap party." *mic drop*

by Anonymousreply 243May 18, 2024 4:10 PM

[quote]Chris and Dan since they were under him at OLTL

Wow, Frank really did learn EVERYTHING from Paul Rauch. I wonder what Josh Kelly and the Ford Bros had to do for parts?

by Anonymousreply 244May 18, 2024 5:36 PM

r242

Where is that info coming from?

by Anonymousreply 245May 18, 2024 5:48 PM

R236 Eileen did cheat on Jon, I knew infidelity was involved, just not sure on which party. Eileen told Lisa Vanderpump that while she was married to Jon, she met her current husband, Vincent Van Patten (son of famed "Eight Is Enough" actor Dick Van Patten) while on the set of Y&R. Brandi Glanville referred to Eileen as a homewrecker because Vincent had a wife himself, actress Betsy Russell, resulting in Eileen and Vincent only becoming close friends. Eileen realized she "kinda fell in love with Vincent" and told Jon she had feelings for someone else. Eileen and Vincent snuck off to Las Vegas together, which was discovered by Radar. Jon filed for divorce in 2000, Vincent's wife followed suit in 2001. Eileen and Vincent were married in 2003 and ever since, it's been happily ever after.

by Anonymousreply 246May 18, 2024 6:01 PM

This just in around the rumor mill: Dex and Gio are brothers.

by Anonymousreply 247May 18, 2024 6:08 PM

R236 Kate is known to be personable and very accommodating with cast members, while working at DOOL, along with GH. However, she did have issues with Billy Flynn when they were working together, for apparently their personalities didn't gel; Billy got along fine with Marci Miller, to his credit, while Kate was closer to Robert Scott Wilson (when Ben was obsessed with Abigail). It's interesting that she seems to have the most issues with her primary love interest, now at two different soaps; could somehow be due to spending so much time together with her main screen partner, she picked up on aspects of their personalities that she didn't like. Jacqueline never seemed to have any issues with Josh nor Amanda, at least nothing that ever came out. It would seem that her now having a big head stems from now being on in a more frequent capacity, after being asked back for the whole Kraze love story. She's made references, albeit jokingly, about being a "star" on GH, which she's definitely not, though she seems really excited about being on there. Kate would actually prefer her "work crush" Dominic Zamprogna as her love interest, although she would have to come back as another character. At the wedding ceremony, she gave him an extra long hug, for she loves working with him.

by Anonymousreply 248May 18, 2024 6:49 PM

R239 Actually that would be incredible. Maura's Carly & Cady's Rosanna bounced off well of each other on ATWT; pretty sure they could make it happen again whenever Ava & Carly would snark at each other.

by Anonymousreply 249May 18, 2024 6:54 PM

R243 Hope so 😁

by Anonymousreply 250May 18, 2024 6:55 PM

R242 Soap blogger

by Anonymousreply 251May 18, 2024 6:56 PM

R240 Right, she's an extreme introvert, so much so to the point that she pretty much stays in her dressing room as much as she possibly can when she's on set. She hardly ever goes to those big cast events unless its something really meaningful to her. She usually just goes to work and goes home to her husband and children (speaking of her husband, Michael Saucedo, he actually has had a job since 2021, which seemed to shut up his critics who always accused him of being a "house husband")

R241 That's what's happening with her. In 2016, when Frank tried lowballing her in contract negotiations, Becky said sitting down with Frank and having an actual discussion (where everything was worked out contractually) was the longest conversation she ever had with him (and by then, they had already worked together for a little over years). Becky has also mentioned that when she was in high school, everyone thought she was stuck up, because she was quiet. If you want to name names of soap actresses who were in similar situations, please feel free lol it wouldn't be a bore.

by Anonymousreply 252May 18, 2024 7:08 PM

(*they had already worked together for a little over four years, that should say at R252)

by Anonymousreply 253May 18, 2024 7:09 PM

R252 I was thinking of some of the older actresses like Beverlee McKinsey, Victoria Wyndham and Lisa Brown to name a few - that either didn't get an Emmy win or didn't get nominated.

McKinsey and Wyndham in particular didn't play the studio political games. They were both single mothers that did their jobs and then went home. Same with Kathryn Hays. I'm sure there were many more, but even though Becky H is married, she's clearly the breadwinner, just as Maura's husband, also a former soap actor as Becky's husband is, is the parent at home while Maura works.

Maura clearly plays the game enough to get Emmy nods and wins, but I don't think everyone has that in them. Some people just want to work and go home.

by Anonymousreply 254May 18, 2024 7:13 PM

R254 I walked right into that one 😂 😂

by Anonymousreply 255May 18, 2024 7:14 PM

You said feel free! LOL

by Anonymousreply 256May 18, 2024 7:15 PM

Gio doesn't look as good in person as he does in his photos.

by Anonymousreply 257May 18, 2024 7:28 PM

They must be going for the Tim-o-tay look with Gio.

by Anonymousreply 258May 18, 2024 7:30 PM

R254 That's really interesting for I would've never guessed you were referring to such legendary actresses. I also had no idea that both Beverlee and Victoria were single mothers, that makes them even more relatable. Lisa, Kathryn were incredible too. Maura definitely plays the long game which has turned out in her favor. I think this discussion of being an introvert and not being able to fake it by ass kissing hits the nail right on the head, for it can make certain people behind the scenes see an introverted actor as someone to get over on, especially when it comes to storylines/contracts, for they probably feel there won't be any "speaking up or pushback" from said actor. Becky did say she had to ask what was going on when it came to Elizabeth's big story, in terms of context when delivering her lines, for the story wasn't explained to her. She found out after awhile that Liz was supposed to have DID, which is what Chris and Dan wanted, before Frank/Nathan rearranged it for Finn

I did say that lol right but I wasn't expecting the part about Scott DeFreitas and Michael Saucedo. Although Michael has been doing pretty well, not as well as Becky, yet he's held down a job since 2021 that doesn't include selling behind the scenes soap spoilers or juices with Steve.

by Anonymousreply 259May 18, 2024 7:31 PM

R244 Didn't mean it in that type of way 😁 although you never know.

by Anonymousreply 260May 18, 2024 7:32 PM

R259 Parenting is a hard job and I have no disrespect for either Michael or Scott. Especially cute, adorable Scotty DeFrietas!

I mean Michael and Becky have 3 kids and Maura and Scotty have 5 (!!) including a child with autism. So that is not "doing nothing."

by Anonymousreply 261May 18, 2024 7:33 PM

R257 I've actually thought that to myself too, when I first saw him in motion lol

R258 Tim-o-tay?

by Anonymousreply 262May 18, 2024 7:34 PM

R261 Right Adorable Andy Dixon 😊 do you remember how vocal both Scott and their son Joe (a Broadway actor himself) would speak up in regards to the writing for Ava? The two of them were not pleased at one point, which had many fans cracking jokes about Andy Dixon too busy worrying about his wife's job, instead of finding one of his own. I've always thought Maura was voicing her concerns to her family over her character and they took it to social media

by Anonymousreply 263May 18, 2024 7:42 PM

Kate Mansi has a video on her Instagram of behind the scenes during the wedding.

Mo and Eva LaRue pretending to box, actually cute.

Lots of people wearing coats in between scenes, is it cold on those sets?

Finola and Bradford doing a little dance...

I can't link for some reason. All my devices are acting possessed today and my washer is even acting up. Is there a full moon or mercury retrograde or something?

by Anonymousreply 264May 18, 2024 7:49 PM

R262 Timothee Chalamet

by Anonymousreply 265May 18, 2024 7:53 PM

R236, I heard friends of Jon's in charge at Y&R and CBS fired Eileen from Y&R out of loyalty to him (and indifference to what was best for Y&R).

Brad scooped her up and brought her over to B&B; she worked iwith Ronn Moss and sparred with Brooke, a role that's been done by many women; why would Ashley need to do this?

As soon as there was a regime change, Eileen was back at Y&R.

It's ridiculous to think that the women in charge would be so petty as to do that for Jon and to the show so maybe I'm wrong.

But the timeline supports this theory.

by Anonymousreply 266May 18, 2024 7:57 PM

R242 likes to make things up to sound important to my view

I’d be ok if dex and gio are brothers as long as there isn’t a third member of their instant long lost family.

by Anonymousreply 267May 18, 2024 8:21 PM

R267 why is it so unlikely to believe that Patrick quit?

He may not need the money as he walked away from B&B.

by Anonymousreply 268May 18, 2024 8:53 PM

Watching Friday's episode, I was struck by how much Rebecca Herbst does with so little. A look, a gesture, a smile...she conveys more in a moment -- without a line -- than most of the actors do with any material. With Laura closing in on being a senior citizen, Liz, as portrayed by Becky, is the bedrock of the show. Without her, there is a vacuum at its moral center. All that's left are one dimensional cartoon characters, mobsters, their molls, and their hangers-on. They would be insane to let her go.

by Anonymousreply 269May 18, 2024 8:55 PM

Most of the other acting awards are big time campaigns for a bigger prize and position and pay. Daytime Emmys are very much a popularity contest because there is not really much to gain outside of daytime. To put it bluntly, no one outside of daytime respects a Daytime Emmy. Daytime actors tend to vote their shows or for people they know who have been on their show. When the people who don't play the game get nominated, it's usually a fluke and they rarely, if ever, win.

There is also a lot of jealousy in daytime. And there is also a lot of we are doing something more than soap opera, we're doing 'sophisticated premium cable type drama' (think the GH in the 90s and early 2000s attitude) so one show will look down on the others who aren't just copying The Sopranos, when everyone in the industry knows it's all just soap opera.

People like Becky Herbst who come in, make their marks, know their lines, shoot their shit, then go home don't get the respect and attention they deserve. Luckily, she's had a fanbase who has had her back every time they tried to fire her. If it weren't for her fans, Rebecca Budig would have been playing that part years ago.

by Anonymousreply 270May 18, 2024 9:01 PM

What happened with Budig, anyway? Why did she get fired? Did she not play the game?

by Anonymousreply 271May 18, 2024 9:23 PM

Maybe Budig played too much with Easton? Just a rumor....

by Anonymousreply 272May 18, 2024 9:25 PM

Wasn't she fired to help pay for Steve Burton's 2017 return?

by Anonymousreply 273May 18, 2024 9:25 PM

R265 Oh lol thanks

by Anonymousreply 274May 18, 2024 10:24 PM

R266 I doubt you're wrong. As a matter of fact, I always wondered why Ashley Abbott ended up on B&B, seemingly out of the blue, only for her to eventually return to Y&R. I know it happened with Tracey Bregman-Recht/Lauren Fenmore, except that made more sense, for they didn't seem to have any story for Lauren on Y&R at the time. One close friend Jon has is Michele val Jean; it would've been interesting had she been at B&B, instead of GH, when Eileen was there.

by Anonymousreply 275May 18, 2024 10:30 PM

R267 That's a bold face lie lol but if that's how you feel, then why don't you block me?

by Anonymousreply 276May 18, 2024 10:31 PM

R268 You're right, he doesn't need the money. Also to your point, he was in retirement when ABC/Disney asked him to join GH, for he was their plan A. Their plan B was Korte as interim head writer, until they found suitable replacements for Chris and Dan. He lives in Washington State, so he wasn't interested in relocating here to Los Angeles, which the network was ok with. He now apparently wants to resume his part-time career as a playwright.

by Anonymousreply 277May 18, 2024 10:36 PM

R269 Becky and Genie are still very close; at Nancy's event, Becky mentioned how she wishes she could work with Genie more and Genie agreed.

by Anonymousreply 278May 18, 2024 10:38 PM

Not only should they not let Becky go they need to put her front and center in a SL worthy of her talents and characters history.

I keep wanting a Sam / Liz Thelma and Louise style Adventure. Either involving their children or rescuing Lucky. We need more female dynamics. They have a complicated history I’d love to see them sort out. Be nice not to have Liz be dependent on a love interest for once since they seem to overshadow her and hog the story!

by Anonymousreply 279May 18, 2024 10:48 PM

R270 Everything you've stated is true. Daytime still to this day hardly ever gets any respect; they're the blue collar/lower middle-class version of work in the industry. I believe working in theater, which has been referred to that, would actually be considered a "step up" as opposed to working on a soap, for many performers would rather do theater than soaps.

Becky is a class act. Rebecca Budig, right she was slated to play Elizabeth. The plan that Frons/Phelps/Guza had was to have Elizabeth lose her mind after Jake's accident, then have her sent to one of their mental institutions. Rebecca would've assumed the role since AMC's cancellation was that fall; Frons wanted his crush to have somewhere to land.

The Daytime Emmys are definitely a popularity contest that isn't taken seriously, especially not in the 21st Century. Susan Lucci finally winning her Emmy in 1999 was probably the last time they got any huge mainstream attention, which was warranted for her having 19 nominations since the 70s, along with her being known outside of soaps, with the several nominations helping her status outside of soaps known.

There is a lot of jealousy amongst the small industry known as Daytime, for their like a microcosm of their own society, in a sense. GH is one of the main ones with that jealousy problem and since people talk, many do not want to work there, because not everyone wants to deal with that. Some of the actors from the 90s/2000s GH seem to still have that mob "above all the other soaps" mentality that they've been stuck in sense then, even though the show is nowhere near as good now as it was back then (and even then they still had their missteps)

by Anonymousreply 280May 18, 2024 10:55 PM

R271 She was too expensive. R273 Right, she was fired to pay for Steve, which is happening now with Roger Howarth and Michael Easton, being fired to pay for/keep paying for Steve.

by Anonymousreply 281May 18, 2024 11:00 PM

R272 That's true 😆

by Anonymousreply 282May 18, 2024 11:01 PM

R267 Are you even one of us, btw? Looking at some of your previous mentions, you seem to be a female, saying you love DL, except for the gay stuff? 🤔 This site is specifically for gay males, not also gay lol why are you invading are spaces?

by Anonymousreply 283May 18, 2024 11:07 PM

Nevermind R267 guess you are male, just stuffy. Anyways, you're more than welcome to block me, I stand by that lol

by Anonymousreply 284May 18, 2024 11:14 PM

They are currently auditioning African-American males, a younger male as a new love interest for Trina. For auditions, "Trey" is the name being mentioned. Uncertain if this is for Justus and Faith Roscoe's proposed son, or if that's even still occurring, now that Korte's introducing newer guys without Mulcahey.

by Anonymousreply 285May 19, 2024 2:39 AM

[quote]if this is for Justus and Faith Roscoe's proposed son

That sounds like fan fiction to me, no offense. But, why would the show bring on the son of a character of two ancillary characters from, what, 15 years ago? It would be easier to just create a new character without a complicated history that needs to be explained.

by Anonymousreply 286May 19, 2024 2:56 AM

R286 No offense taken, I understand. Mulcahey wanted to give more focus to the Quartermaine's, because he loves them while Korte does not. It was more about bringing on a new Quartermaine, another Great-Grandson for Edward. Drew Cain listening to the congressman about dropping Cain for Quartermaine was Mulcahey's idea, for him to embrace his Quartermaine roots. Korte, on the other hand, is not a fan of the Quartermaine's, even once saying "nobody cares about Ned" during the whole Alexis/Ned keeping Kristina away from Sonny era (for the record, Korte isn't a fan of Alexis or Kristina either- the characters, not the actresses). The character, with the working name "Samuel," would've been representation of the younger Quartermaine generation. More than likely, that character isn't arriving now, with Mulcahey being off GH

by Anonymousreply 287May 19, 2024 3:10 AM

Agreed re a Justus and faith son.

It sounds like another attempt to claim they are revitalizing the qs but no one will care if they aren’t descended from Alan or Tracy (see Austin gatlin holt).

by Anonymousreply 288May 19, 2024 3:11 AM

R286 Also, the history wouldn't exactly have been that complicated. Justus and Faith knew each other and had a relationship prior to both landing in Port Charles. Again, with Mulcahey being away, there probably won't be any new Quartermaine's anytime soon

by Anonymousreply 289May 19, 2024 3:13 AM

Okay, you want to bring on a biracial Quartermaine - AJ and Keesha had a kid that no one knew about. Michael's half brother and a more direct Quartermaine connection than Justice and Faith.

by Anonymousreply 290May 19, 2024 3:17 AM

R288 That's exactly what the plan was, revitalizing the Quartermaine's, which is what Mulcahey wanted. The big Quartermaine wedding focus was him with of course the network signing off on it. Drew becoming more of a Quartermaine was the plan too, with Michael involved in Quartermaine family business even more, as well as Willow.

by Anonymousreply 291May 19, 2024 3:18 AM

R290 There's also Tommy Hardy Jr., Elizabeth's biracial cousin who hasn't been seen since he was a child, yet there aren't any plans to bring him on. That's not a bad idea, except the point was to bring on a younger African-American/biracial male for Trina, along with Giovanni. An AJ/Keesha son and Tommy Hardy both would've been too old, whereas a younger Quartermaine is around her age.

by Anonymousreply 292May 19, 2024 3:22 AM

Giovanni btw seems to be for Josslyn now, although originally slated for Trina.

by Anonymousreply 293May 19, 2024 3:29 AM

R288 Tracy should've had a daughter. Ron originally considered writing Tracy as Britt's mother, while Anna and Duke would've been Sabrina's parents, around the time Anna aka Slim was with Luke, then Sabrina and Britt both wanting Patrick, before deciding on Obrecht/Faison for Britt. Victor Cassadine was also going to stay as Nathan's father, before Nathan's paternity ended up switched to Faison as well, which happened with Jean/Shelly.

by Anonymousreply 294May 19, 2024 3:39 AM

Korte as sole head writer- a recipe for disaster, however now the question is what from her partnership with Mulcahey will stay or go

by Anonymousreply 295May 19, 2024 3:51 AM

We all realize what a shit show we're in for with GH for the next several months, right?

Mulcahey's stuff is going to air into the summer, at least the long-term. So we're going to get new relationships, new characters, new dynamics.

Then, we'll have months of Korte's solo stuff, which will be Sonny, Jason, Carly, lather/rinse repeat. THEN, we'll get Van Etten's input and MAYBE then things will get back on track.

This will be hard for GH to recover from.

Everyone said Chris and Dan had to go but it was a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 296May 19, 2024 4:06 AM

R296 The worst part about this is Korte's solo. Hopefully there will be someone, or better yet two new hw's that will agree to take the over from her. It's a tall order, especially with Frank and Nathan still at the helm, however it will be nice to have somewhat of a balanced show, without constant focus on those same characters. There's literally nothing going on outside of them.

by Anonymousreply 297May 19, 2024 4:24 AM

[quote] An AJ/Keesha son and Tommy Hardy both would've been too old, whereas a younger Quartermaine is around her age.

Yes, no one on soaps have ever been de-SORASed before.

by Anonymousreply 298May 19, 2024 4:25 AM

R298 Lol Erica Kane herself was de-SORASed by seven years and she was on since AMC premiered as a teenager. It would be a little different though with an AJ/Keesha son since he would be older than Michael right?

by Anonymousreply 299May 19, 2024 4:30 AM

[quote]Everyone said Chris and Dan had to go but it was a mistake.

I never had a problem with Chris and Dan's plotting. I've felt entertained for the past several years. Never as frustrated as I have been in the past two months.

My biggest complaint about Chris and Dan is they built up stories nicely, but the final payoff was usually lacking. There was never a super-satisfying climax to the storyline. Always more of a that-was-pretty-good-but-could-have-been-so-much-better climax.

by Anonymousreply 300May 19, 2024 4:31 AM

R298 I'm actually not arguing your point, btw, for I've wondered why AJ/Keesha never had a kid. Bringing on another Ward-Quartermaine isn't anything new, they did it with Maya Ward, were even planning on bringing a sister for her, Zoe Richardson, who would've been paired with Michael (Zoe wasn't a Quartermaine) which Garin Wolf had in the works before he was fired for Ron.

by Anonymousreply 301May 19, 2024 4:38 AM

Tracy having a long lost could have been interesting - Hayden would have worked! Also Britt is another good choice. Tracy with a female child just adds drama.

by Anonymousreply 302May 19, 2024 2:03 PM

Britt and Jagger would have been good together and as an added bonus annoyed Jason.

Any chance of Kelly T. and FV reaching a truce?

I just don't see Jagger with any of the women on canvas. Not even Ava or Nina despite chemistry. Anna too old. Lois too cartoonish. Zero chemistry with Snarly and her playing his savior and overnight nurse proved that.

Brennan will have to be the sacrificial lamb and be paired with Snarls but we can't have a celibate Jagger.

by Anonymousreply 303May 19, 2024 2:14 PM

I long for the Brennan-Jagger cumbustatory combination.

by Anonymousreply 304May 19, 2024 2:45 PM

They could still give Tracy a daughter. Maybe she thought the child died or the child was taken from her by the mob when she was on The City. Ned could have a child out there. I still think AJ is the best shot. If you don't want to go with Keesha, then I'm sure that Carly wasn't the only woman that AJ fooled around with and may have knocked up. I've been watching soaps for a long time and you can pull children out of thin air and it doesn't always have to make sense with the timeline.

by Anonymousreply 305May 19, 2024 2:46 PM

R298 excuse me, don't forget about me!

by Anonymousreply 306May 19, 2024 2:49 PM

If Erica Kane can have an un-aborted son, then a Quartermaine can have a child pop up from any number of semi-realistic or far-fetched circumstances

by Anonymousreply 307May 19, 2024 2:49 PM

Adam H. promoting his friend Sasha Roiz's play...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308May 19, 2024 3:25 PM

R307 Of course, there isn't any argument in regards to that. Erica's unabortion was atrocious btw

by Anonymousreply 309May 19, 2024 3:38 PM

Kim Zimmer reveals breast cancer diagnosis (didn't see any Guiding Light threads)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310May 19, 2024 3:39 PM

R303 No word of any truce between Frank and Kelly T., for he was the one who reached out to her the last time she was on contract, texting her by saying "Call Me"

However, she doesn't actually have to wait for Frank. The network can always override him if he won't contact her. She was in New York not too long ago, not sure if she's still out there

by Anonymousreply 311May 19, 2024 3:48 PM

R305 AJ for sure has plenty of women he could've had a child with, aside from Keesha there's Nikki Langston, Julia Barrett, Rachel Adair, although Keesha would be a great choice.

by Anonymousreply 312May 19, 2024 3:51 PM

oh I wasn't arguing r309, I was agreeing.

So many missed opportunities. i.e. Rebecca Budig as Tracy's daughter would have been great, both can snark and spar like champs.

by Anonymousreply 313May 19, 2024 3:56 PM

Apparently the episode airing on May 22nd is a split episode, where they're airing scenes that were taped about a month or so ago, juxtaposed with scenes that were filmed within the last couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 314May 19, 2024 4:57 PM

There are conflicting stories about PM's exit,

First stated that he was out. Second part of that was Chris Van Etten would be his replacement

Third was that Elizabeth Korte will be the hw solo, for the time being, with additional writing decisions being made soon

Fourth was that he was fired, as a result of sabotage on the part of Frank and Elizabeth, especially since Frank never wanted him there to begin with

Fifth was that he actually quit, because he saw what was going on, in regards to the sabotage taking place from Frank and Elizabeth, so he chose to get ahead of it

by Anonymousreply 315May 19, 2024 5:05 PM

R315, I'm not sure those are all conflicting statements.

Yes, Patrick's out. Yes, Elizabeth is taking over as sole hw.

Yes, the show will probably give her a cohead writer, likely Van Etten.

And the fact that there's not a cohead being announced right away indicates that this move caught GH off guard; my money's on Patrick having quit.

The sucky part is we'll have to wait until September for things to get back on track. Why does it take only weeks to ruin a show but months to get it back on track.

by Anonymousreply 316May 19, 2024 7:34 PM

R316 Conflicting statements was poor wording, you're correct, more confirmed that he's out and that she's the solo hw for now, with either CVE or another duo being uncomfirmed as her replacements, as well as the whole firing/quitting part.

You're thinking they'll just give her another co-hw or promote CVE as her co-hw, over replacing or demoting her back down completely?

That's actually an interesting point. I know many believe he was fired but he was only there roughly four months. Even when Ron was fired, that was in the works for months, with Jean Passanante and Shelly Altman already there as break down writers to take his place. Same when they planned to get rid of Jean and Shelly, Chris and Dan were already there, so this situation is different, where there's absolutely no one in place to take the position of the previous hw. It was very abrupt and did seem to catch GH off guard; guess it'll make more sense once everything else comes out.

That's another interesting point. It's going to be endless months of Korte's vision before the effects of anyone else other than her or seen, since it'll take two-three months after they start before their material even airs, yet it can be a mere few weeks to ruin a show.

by Anonymousreply 317May 19, 2024 8:33 PM

This whole thing seems more like a setup to get rid of Frank, rather than any writer or writing team. Varni has been a duplicitous snake for years, and Korte will probably soon be named EP, followed promptly by a cancellation.

GH likely isn't even on Iger's radar, but he'd probably say chasing a dwindling linear viewership isn't worth the trouble, and throw Jeopardy reruns on in its place.

by Anonymousreply 318May 19, 2024 8:53 PM

Just in case anyone's wondering, GH's head writing timeline since Frank took over in 2012, when Garin Wolf/Shelly Altman were head writing together, by airdates:

Ron Carlivati 2/21/12-10/5/15

Jean Passanante/Shelly Altman 10/6/15-10/8/17

Shelly Altman/Chris Van Etten 10/9/17-10/28/19

Chris Van Etten/Dan O'Connor 10/29/19-3/14/24

Elizabeth Korte/Patrick Mulcahey 3/15/24-

by Anonymousreply 319May 19, 2024 9:00 PM

R318 A setup to get rid of Frank, that wouldn't be surprising, seeing how there has been- and still are now- numerous calls to have him fired for years, yet they won't budge, mainly because he consistently comes under the budget. Nathan is a snake haha most definitely so, yet Frank and Elizabeth are snakes too, just a matter of which one carries the most venom. Korte as EP, now that's something to consider; of course her Carly fandom will amp up even more, yet with Frank and Nathan residing in Carlyland as well, there's probably no way out of there until all three of them are no longer on charge.

by Anonymousreply 320May 19, 2024 9:09 PM

Also, Frank being out is the best way at this time to move forward. An EP other than him, who's not a friend of Korte's, can easily rein her in with her Carly obsession or probably when get Wright out of the leading spot. The problem is the network is satisfied with the budget, while the actors, well most of them, adore him because he lets them have it their way.

Meanwhile, the fans, who Frank has proven himself to not really cater to, unless it's on his time/terms, are the ones who are suffering through a show with less quality than they're used to.

by Anonymousreply 321May 19, 2024 9:17 PM

I find it hard to believe that Frank is the only person in all of Los Angeles area who can manage a budget.

If he's such financial wizard, shouldn't he be moving on to bigger and better things? Was hasn't financial savant genius FV been lured away by some big network or movie studio to manage their budget?

by Anonymousreply 322May 19, 2024 11:43 PM

^^^ [bold]why[/bold] hasn't, not [italic]was[/italic]hasn't

by Anonymousreply 323May 19, 2024 11:45 PM

Take these with a grain of salt,

A big announcement is expected soon.

Guza could be on his way back, as head writer; not any mention of any EP credits for him though, like there were before, as of yet.

Carly actually gave birth to a set of twins, during one of her pregnancies (which would need an explanation, since they showed each of her children's arrivals)

A long time cast member's exit is arriving soon. (Could be Michael Easton confirming he's leaving)

by Anonymousreply 324May 20, 2024 3:01 AM

R323 😆 you would think so, guess none of this opportunities came knocking, since he's never left GH. He's actually a huge fan of Y&R, so if anything, he's angling for there if/when his time at GH is almost up, though they seem apparently happy with Josh Griffith, sort of like a OLTL reunion for him if they worked together again lol

by Anonymousreply 325May 20, 2024 3:07 AM

Good lord, not Guza again.

His GH was so dark and misogynistic.

by Anonymousreply 326May 20, 2024 3:23 AM

No thank you To 40 year old long lost children. Under 25 or it doesn’t really resonate.

by Anonymousreply 327May 20, 2024 3:24 AM

r298 Don't forget about me either.

by Anonymousreply 328May 20, 2024 3:26 AM

New GH promo photos out today.

I don't think the wardrobe person is LW's friend, maybe a frenemy but definitely not a friend. 🤣

The top half of her dress looks like the top half of Alice's maid's uniform on The Brady Bunch. The bottom half is just unflattering.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329May 20, 2024 2:25 PM

That picture just makes Snaggletooth Snarly look like Marge Taylor Greene - a bleach blonde baboon!

by Anonymousreply 330May 20, 2024 2:31 PM

Updated cast photos are now available, guess anything to distract from the mess going on behind the scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331May 20, 2024 5:04 PM

R326 If not back to GH, he's always welcome to join his good friend Michele val Jean at The Gates

by Anonymousreply 332May 20, 2024 5:06 PM

R327 😆 Of course this is just speculation, however Michael is 31, Morgan's 29, Josslyn's 21. If anything they should bring Drew Garrett back as AJ's son, especially since he's game to return.

by Anonymousreply 333May 20, 2024 5:15 PM

R329 Right I don't think they're as good of friends as LW believes they are either. Alice from The Brady Bunch is too accurate 🤣 now that's all I see

by Anonymousreply 334May 20, 2024 5:19 PM

There were 49 photos in that set. How many of those are on contract? That's like a Doug Marland/80s cast size. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 335May 20, 2024 5:20 PM

Charles Mesure looks good in his photo.

Adam Harrington's photo is not doing him justice.

by Anonymousreply 336May 20, 2024 5:20 PM

R330 LMAO I remember when she was younger and people, according to her, would always tell her how much she resembled Sarah Jessica Parker. However now it's Paula Deen or Marjorie Taylor Greene lol

by Anonymousreply 337May 20, 2024 5:22 PM

R335 They have 33 on contract at last count, with the addition of Giovanni

by Anonymousreply 338May 20, 2024 5:28 PM

R335 Remember Frank likes big casts, which is why he wanted to make his dream come true of a super soap on GH, with several OLTL and AMC actors coming in and out, if he would've had his way.

by Anonymousreply 339May 20, 2024 5:31 PM

R329 Didn't know that photo of her was from the same group of promo photos that I posted after you, I hadn't scrolled down that far to see

by Anonymousreply 340May 20, 2024 5:39 PM

R329, I think I saw the bottom half in olive green, on the windows at a funeral home.

by Anonymousreply 341May 20, 2024 5:55 PM

That outfit they put Maura West in for her promo shot is a hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 342May 20, 2024 6:12 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 343May 20, 2024 7:23 PM

Someone here said Lynn Herring wears mostly her own wardrobe and she always looks good.

Cynthia looks great.

by Anonymousreply 344May 20, 2024 7:32 PM

Really lovely, bittersweet ending today. I would've loved Gregory to be a reason for Laura to dump Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 345May 20, 2024 8:21 PM

Best cast photo.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346May 20, 2024 8:51 PM

r346 = Elizabeth Korte

by Anonymousreply 347May 20, 2024 8:52 PM

Labeling these as "rumors" for now,

Laura Wright was also part of the whole sabotage against Patrick Mulcahey, going over plans and ideas for Carly with Korte only, changing things behind Patrick's back, specifically when it came to Carly and Jason, or Jason's life outside of Carly, which pissed Patrick off. Korte, who's been "friends" with Mulcahey for decades, was telling him one thing while doing another.

Korte didn't have any long-term story plans for Jason set in place after the return and has apparently been winging it, since both her and Patrick were thrust into the position after the network abruptly fired both Chris and Dan, who actually had a long-term story for Jason worked out, although panned.

by Anonymousreply 348May 20, 2024 8:55 PM

What was that ending today? Is he supposed to die overnight?

by Anonymousreply 349May 20, 2024 8:56 PM

R344 Yep Lynn provides her own wardrobe most times and agreed, she always looks good.

by Anonymousreply 350May 20, 2024 8:59 PM

R345 Laura and Gregory would've been fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 351May 20, 2024 8:59 PM

R346 😆

R347 Most definitely 😁

by Anonymousreply 352May 20, 2024 9:01 PM

R353 Yep Gregory's dying

by Anonymousreply 353May 20, 2024 9:03 PM

Bradford Anderson isn't important enough to be included in the new individual cast photos?

Tristan Rogers isn't important enough to be included?

Jeff Kober isn't included?

Robert Gossert isn't included?

by Anonymousreply 354May 20, 2024 9:08 PM

R354 Supposedly, Spinelli will be arrested soon after helping Sam, resulting in Maxie telling Sam off; not sure if it'll be a lengthy jail sentence or not.

by Anonymousreply 355May 20, 2024 9:11 PM

John J. York isn't back filming scenes yet? I read he was returning to the set in April or early May. Read it here on these GH threads on DL.

He's not included in the individual photos.

by Anonymousreply 356May 20, 2024 9:19 PM

Lots of stars wear their own clothes these days, especially if they're on recurring.

by Anonymousreply 357May 20, 2024 9:56 PM

[quote] Bradford Anderson isn't important enough to be included in the new individual cast photos?

Too bad. So sad. Time to get rid of that insult to anyone on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 358May 20, 2024 10:15 PM

I thought part of Steve's agreement to return to GH was that Bradford would be used regularly.

And now they can't even give him a new cast photo?

by Anonymousreply 359May 20, 2024 10:18 PM

Eva LaRue got a promo photo.

Why? Can she just go giggle somewhere else already? She's annoying. Maybe they haven't given her any direction on the character and it's not her fault but whatever the case, I'm just not interested. No need to bring on her son. Just go. Take her muppet daughter with her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360May 20, 2024 11:26 PM

Just out of curiosity, are we supposed to believe a 60 year old doughy man can beat up a strapping 25 year old guy? Was there not some more believable way to show Kristina that her father is not a good person?

by Anonymousreply 361May 21, 2024 12:34 AM

Excellent point R361.

To say nothing of the fact that Kristina already KNOWS Sonny is this way.

GH is getting as non-sensical as B&B is with people sitting around talking about going to Sheila's wedding.

The Forresters are RICH; they all need private security.

by Anonymousreply 362May 21, 2024 12:39 AM

R359, I believe Disney has a policy against frightening little children.

by Anonymousreply 363May 21, 2024 12:43 AM

r361

HOW DARE YOU

by Anonymousreply 364May 21, 2024 12:45 AM

And one other note, I am still in shock that they built all of this around a wedding for Chase and Brooklyn. Guest stars, new sets. All this for Chase and fucking Brooklyn, a couple who doesn't have love scenes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365May 21, 2024 1:13 AM

They certainly put some money into the wedding. Show already had the church set. But they had more people attending that wedding than typically attends GH weddings these days.

Yet, Chase's mother, Jackie Templeton, didn't come and apparently wasn't even mentioned (unless I missed it).

by Anonymousreply 366May 21, 2024 1:19 AM

Giovanni Mazza doesn't get his own picture among the cast photos?

I thought his character of Gio was on contract and head for a romantic triangle with Joss and either Dex or Trina.

by Anonymousreply 367May 21, 2024 1:26 AM

JPS posted this lol probably jokingly, although some fans are wondering now exactly what this means

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368May 21, 2024 5:12 AM

A Valentin/Anna/Brennan triangle would be good except Carly inevitably would be inserted

by Anonymousreply 369May 21, 2024 5:59 AM

R356 Correct Mac is back, wonder if he possibly wasn't up to taking any updated pictures

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370May 21, 2024 6:07 AM

R357 True, although there's some instances where they don't as well. Cheapskate Frank would probably prefer everyone provide their own wardrobe. Then there's Kirsten Storms, who chose to wear her own clothes even though she's on contract. That'll probably change once her weight loss journey is complete.

by Anonymousreply 371May 21, 2024 6:10 AM

That's true too R357 that some contract actors choose to wear their own clothes, or mix and match them with their characters' clothes

by Anonymousreply 372May 21, 2024 6:14 AM

R360 Frank and the network apparently love Eva La Rue. She's also going to bring the show even more attention when she's on RHOBH, for their are plans to have the Bravo cameras follow her while she's at GH. Blaze's older half brother, Eloi, is also expected to show up sometime soon.

by Anonymousreply 373May 21, 2024 6:17 AM

R363 😆

by Anonymousreply 374May 21, 2024 6:18 AM

R365 Patrick Mulcahey and Chris Van Etten are supposedly the ones who wanted to make the ChasteLynn wedding a big deal. Korte isn't a fan of the Quartermaine's.

R366 There was apparently a brief mention of Jackie, all there was an article referencing why neither Demi Moore nor Kim Delaney couldn't bring Jackie back:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375May 21, 2024 6:26 AM

R367 He's definitely on contract. He started filming the middle of last month, not sure why he wasn't included.

by Anonymousreply 376May 21, 2024 6:29 AM

Rena remarried her husband:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377May 21, 2024 6:31 AM

Amanda Setton is being subjected to negative feedback for the post wedding scenes with Josh Swickard, especially since she showed cleavage at the actual ceremony, yet refuses to show skin. There was a reference to her having to show modesty at all times, per her religion.

by Anonymousreply 378May 21, 2024 6:43 AM

The wedding should provide a slight bump in the ratings, although they probably won't be able to fully sustain them.

by Anonymousreply 379May 21, 2024 6:47 AM

Seven fun facts about Giovanni Mazza:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380May 21, 2024 6:49 AM

On a shallow note, Gregory Harrison has always been attractive 😁 and it was nice to see pictures of him in the montage, along with the pictures of Michael and Josh as well; Michael in his day wasn't bad to look at either.

by Anonymousreply 381May 21, 2024 6:54 AM

Gregory and Michael are both getting rave reviews for their last scenes, performances together.

by Anonymousreply 382May 21, 2024 6:56 AM

JPS says that when he was 11 years old he rode his bike to a Sherman Oaks veterinarian to have them take a look at his sick hamster. Randi Oakes, Gregory Harrison's wife, was in the waiting room and was very kind and compassionate to him about his sick hamster.

He relayed the story to Gregory when he came to GH.

by Anonymousreply 383May 21, 2024 9:02 PM

R383 That's a great story.

by Anonymousreply 384May 22, 2024 12:49 AM

Patrick Mulcahey, Lane Davies both attended a funeral, which led to them discussing Lane return to GH

by Anonymousreply 385May 22, 2024 12:55 AM

It's mentioned in here, it was the funeral of Santa Barbara creator Bridget Dobson (created with her husband Jerome Dobson, for anyone here who wasn't born yet or too young back then. Bridget's parents, Frank and Doris Hurley, created General Hospital)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386May 22, 2024 1:00 AM

*Frank and Doris Hursley at R386 (autocorrect)

by Anonymousreply 387May 22, 2024 1:01 AM

Tristan Rogers is back filming

by Anonymousreply 388May 22, 2024 1:24 AM

Jophielle telling Gregory Harrison she loves him.

Nice that her castmate Enzo is following and liking her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389May 22, 2024 1:26 AM

Cast members wish Gregory Harrison farewell:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390May 22, 2024 1:26 AM

Gregory Harrison exit interview, recalls being offered storyline arcs on AMC to be Erica Kane's love interest, yet he turned them down:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391May 22, 2024 1:28 AM

R389 Really hope this isn't true, but there's rumblings that Enzo's parents were non too thrilled about Aiden being gay, which is why they recast

by Anonymousreply 392May 22, 2024 1:35 AM

I've lost track of all the Aidens and Dannys. Enzo is "old" Aiden?

by Anonymousreply 393May 22, 2024 1:43 AM

Today's episode was hard to watch: the touching story of the death of Chase's dad juxtaposed with the horrible story of the fallout of Sonny's violent attack on Dex. The actor who plays Sonny is so bad and the show's need to pretend he's an antihero made that part of the show unwatchable (save only Dominic Zamprogna's outstanding performance). When the reveal comes that Sonny is under-medicated, will all the upset toward him vanish and will all the characters be coming back to kiss his ring? When will the show stop trying to be "Godfather Hospital"? It's truly disgusting that they make Sonny and Jason, a mobster and a hitman, heroes, just because they are "loyal" to their families.

by Anonymousreply 394May 22, 2024 1:44 AM

R393 Right, Enzo is "old" Aiden, who came out as gay to his mother, back in December. New Aiden is Tristan Riggs and he made his onscreen debut on May 2nd.

by Anonymousreply 395May 22, 2024 1:50 AM

R394 What's interesting about this particular episode is that it was apparently all Mulcahey's creation, without Korte's involvement, from the three day wedding scenes to yesterday/today's shows (except for wanting Carly involved of course, everything else was Mulcahey).

The episodes are getting praised for the juxtaposition, combined with practically everything else and the ratings possibly went up with the wedding, with momentum very likely carrying over to this week. Not having Mulcahey anymore might actually hinder GH, going forward

by Anonymousreply 396May 22, 2024 1:55 AM

Mo's acting has been awful. He should be more sinister not more sputtering.

Can't stand the actor or the character.

by Anonymousreply 397May 22, 2024 2:07 AM

R397 😆 Maurice is getting a ton of criticism. Dominic, Michael, Gregory are being mainly the ones being hailed

by Anonymousreply 398May 22, 2024 2:34 AM

R396

I bet he was fired

Like Roger from the company. The marriage. This club...

by Anonymousreply 399May 22, 2024 2:40 AM

Whatever happened to MEK?

by Anonymousreply 400May 22, 2024 2:42 AM

R399 Right, Roger Howarth was definitely fired. Marriage? This club? I'm drawing a blank on those.

by Anonymousreply 401May 22, 2024 2:49 AM

R400 A temporary leave of absence. Hope it's not anything serious, just storyline dictated for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402May 22, 2024 2:54 AM

It's obviously going to be even more of Carly once Mulcahey's material is over with. He was going for a more well balanced show, yet apparently that wasn't well received behind the scenes amongst Frank/Korte

by Anonymousreply 403May 22, 2024 3:08 AM

Once Finn is out, Violet will probably live with either Aunt Elizabeth or Uncle Chase.

by Anonymousreply 404May 22, 2024 3:27 AM

Two weeks old but Maurice gave his opinion on all the Carly's:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405May 22, 2024 3:30 AM

Finn is included in brand new head shots. Fwiw…

by Anonymousreply 406May 22, 2024 4:45 AM

Yeah, I don't think Finn is leaving. Maybe recurring but not leaving.

Finn falling off the wagon provides a lot of storyline.

by Anonymousreply 407May 22, 2024 2:14 PM

Usually when actors are on their way out, they get a lot of exit material. Recurring is always an option, however Michael's supposedly out, in the same manner as Roger was let go, to cut costs, particularly for Steve's contract.

by Anonymousreply 408May 22, 2024 3:41 PM

Well if he's out he needs to take that annoying daughter of his with him.

I find child actors who act like adults off-putting. She does the actress pose in photos, one foot on tip toes to look slimmer and elongate body (why??) and hand on hip with body turned sideways. Who taught her that? Her mother? It's very odd and for adult celebrities trying to look slim not kids.

by Anonymousreply 409May 22, 2024 3:57 PM

Wow, didn't recognize Michael E. Knight all silvered out. I met him at the Broadway Cares Equity Fights AIDS Annual Flea Market and he was excited to be seated next to Ian McKellen at the celebrity autograph table. He was so cute.

by Anonymousreply 410May 22, 2024 4:13 PM

I'd actually prefer she'd leave as well, even if it meant him somehow coming back down the line as John McBain, just to be free of Violet. Nathan Varni managed to get her on Will Trent, maybe they can expand that part for her.

I agree, especially when its encouraged to the point where they try to act like adults even more, saying their so precocious and whatnot. Pretty certain that pose came courtesy of her mom, especially with their whole Family Circus act 😂

by Anonymousreply 411May 22, 2024 4:15 PM

R410 Unfortunately between his silver look and the accent he sometimes uses as Martin, he's being referred to as Colonel Sanders. He's one of those soap actors who hardly ever had bad things said about him; Michael B. Jordan wasn't welcomed by many cast mates when he was at AMC, but MEK treated him like family.

by Anonymousreply 412May 22, 2024 4:25 PM

Giovanni Mazza celebrates his birthday today, 19, yet Giovanni Cerullo is slightly closer in age to Josslyn and Trina

by Anonymousreply 413May 22, 2024 4:31 PM

MEK did himself a disservice with that southern accent, it was his idea not the writers. Now he can't maintain it. If he comes back, they need to have him speak normally and just have him explain it away with a line about he's trying to assimilate in the Northeast. It would be less stress on him not to have to keep up the accent.

Kathleen Gati on the other hand is remarkable with her accent. I don't think she's ever dropped the accent for a moment. Kudos to her, should get an award just for that. She did say she really has to focus and be serious getting into character before scenes which doesn't leave much time for joking around with cast mates before the cameras roll.

by Anonymousreply 414May 22, 2024 4:49 PM

Right that accent also frequently goes in and out, which I'm sure is a problem for him.

No she's always managed to stay completely in character. I'm sure if/when KT ever comes back, she'll be back on more.

by Anonymousreply 415May 22, 2024 5:09 PM

Finn falling off the wagon provides multiple possibilities for Easton to exit.

Finn could be killing in a drunk driving accident.

Finn could realize he needs help and leave for a rehab facility.

Finn could decide the memories of Gregory are causing him to drink even more, so he could leave town.

Now that Gregory is gone, Finn could decide it's high time to reunite with Jackie, off camera.

by Anonymousreply 416May 22, 2024 5:35 PM

I've quite enjoyed the last few episodes. It's refreshing to see actors act (I'd forgotten Easton and Duell even could), and be put in somewhat realistic situations. I'm not missing the quick cuts and plot devices.

I'm disappointed not to see where things would've gone under Mulcahey. That said, Benard has cemented himself as the weakest performance link on the show, and is bringing nothing to his storyline.

by Anonymousreply 417May 22, 2024 7:55 PM

[quote]Benard has cemented himself as the weakest performance link on the show,

I know, right? He had the audacity to want to tutor me in acting and got butt hurt when I wasn't interested.

by Anonymousreply 418May 22, 2024 8:25 PM

R416 All of those seem to be logical exits. Not sure if they'll go there, but another possibility would be causing Kristina to lose the baby, except that would risk his friendship with Alexis

by Anonymousreply 419May 22, 2024 9:02 PM

R417 Right the longer scenes and more drawn out storylines are all PM, as opposed to Frank/Korte's style with everything fast paced and rushed in single episodes, which is most likely where we're going back to, once PM's material ceases.

PM quitting and walking out in protest over Korte/Frank undermining him, going behind his back altering his storylines and script decisions, still seems like what happened, as opposed to him being fired, but we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 420May 22, 2024 9:12 PM

Just got through binge watching the wedding episodes.

This felt very much like a 1980s wedding"

Two entire episodes where every scene related the wedding.

Almost half the cast in attendance, plus several guest stars in featured roles.

They spent plenty of time and money on these episodes.

That's not how soaps do weddings in the 2020s. Refreshing to see it done 80s style. Definitely was a result of Patrick Mulcahey's influence.

by Anonymousreply 421May 22, 2024 9:15 PM

R418 Now he's probably moving on to Gio, offering to mentor him at this very moment 🤣 🤣

by Anonymousreply 422May 22, 2024 9:16 PM

R421 Now that you mention it, wonder if PM wanted an old school feel to the wedding, if that's what he was going for. You're right because apparently, Korte didn't have any influence over the wedding or the episodes so far this week, except for Carly helping out with Sonny.

It was refreshing to have a writer like PM who's not completely biased like Korte, someone who can be objective. Even though Alexis is his favorite, he still writes for other characters without having their worlds revolve around her, unlike Korte with the whole, this is Carly's World, everyone else just lives in it.

by Anonymousreply 423May 22, 2024 9:23 PM

When the "lead" actor of a soap must constantly -- and obviously -- look for his cue cards, and really strong actors (like those playing Alexis, Ava, Liz, and Laura) are pushed to the side, your soap is in big trouble. A really better drama would have been, with no tampering with meds, Sonny's behavior really caught up with him and his daughter rejected him. That would make for a good drama. How about some soul searching? How about some growth? What if Kristina went into premature labor because she witness her father acting like a violent maniac, and her life were on the line? Then Sonny would have to do some soul searching. Now that would be good drama.

by Anonymousreply 424May 22, 2024 10:31 PM

My issue with this story is that they've given Sonny "an out" with his medication being tampered with. Show the character as he really is and don't use his condition as a crutch.

by Anonymousreply 425May 22, 2024 10:53 PM

R424 Excellent points 👏 👏 👏 👏 the problem is that Sonny can never really lose without some other reason for his behavior, or his actions, inevitably being explained or glossed over.

R425 Definitely given an out when this story is done, with Ava unfortunately being blamed, most likely.

by Anonymousreply 426May 22, 2024 11:44 PM

[quote]All of those seem to be logical exits. Not sure if they'll go there, but another possibility would be causing Kristina to lose the baby, except that would risk his friendship with Alexis

She's not going to lose the baby, she's going to have it and not give it up. Doesn't Miss Cleo to see that coming.

Never watched before Mr Sheffield was on and that was very late in his run. What is with all these women throwing themselves at Sonny? And the whole town seems to hold him in great esteem even though he is supposed to be a murderer and criminal.

by Anonymousreply 427May 23, 2024 7:13 AM

Coby Ryan McLaughlin lost his girlfriend R.I.P.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428May 23, 2024 6:52 PM

Better link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429May 23, 2024 6:58 PM

I never watched Santa Barbara and wasn't watching GH consistently when this guy playing Byrne was on last time, but he's too haggard and sinister looking. If he's going to stick around, he will need some facial rejuvenation to make his screen time palatable.

Also, Snarly walks line a linebacker.

by Anonymousreply 430May 23, 2024 7:18 PM

It's done my Santa Barbara-loving heart good to see Mason and Julia sharing scenes this week.

Poor Coby. Another talented, charismatic actor likely forced off the show by an insecure Mo. He and Will deVry just couldn't catch a break.

by Anonymousreply 431May 23, 2024 7:52 PM

R427 Different writers might have different plans for this story. Personally I would prefer the baby survived, even though this story is getting tons of negative feedback.

Patrick Mulcahey and even to a certain extent Elizabeth Korte, are writing Sonny as a criminal, who's being reprimanded for the most part. Although once it's known to everyone that his medication is secretly being tampered with, that all might revert back to him being idolized. The part about women throwing themselves at Sonny- lol that's been the case almost as long as he first showed up, in 1993. If he'd never lost any babies, he'd have nine biological children walking around.

by Anonymousreply 432May 23, 2024 11:41 PM

R430 😆 😆 what's interesting is that he made comments about living the life of an outdoorsman until he was offered this role, so he had to get back into the habit of looking more professional, which he admitted took some getting used to. He stayed in Nancy and her fiance's guest house while he filmed.

by Anonymousreply 433May 23, 2024 11:45 PM

What's the scoop with JPS? Valentin isn't around much even though his Disney show got cancelled.

The Gio dude looked cuter today than he did at the wedding.

I guess Wally and Rena are on much better terms now than they once were if they can do scenes hugging and saying I love you.

by Anonymousreply 434May 23, 2024 11:47 PM

R431 Nancy mentioned that Mason and Julia were more of a realistic type couple, while Cruz and Eden were more of a fantasy type love story. Unfortunately with PM now out, he might not be back, unless they notice positive feedback, which they sometimes ignore in favor of their own interests.

Maurice insecure? Especially about younger, more interesting talent? No, never 😉 😊

by Anonymousreply 435May 23, 2024 11:50 PM

R434 Valentin wasn't included as much since they had already written around him, when he initially asked for time away to film the Disney show before it was cancelled. However, with their head writing switch, they've had more than enough time to write him in. It was PM's ideas supposedly to go full force with both Valentin and Ava embracing their villain roles, though now with him out, things can change, particularly with Valentin, who Korte, and of course Frank, both happen to love.

Wally and Rena are on much better terms, although when they were approached about a redo of Ned and Lois, they both apparently said no, citing disrespecting their current spouses as reasons for not wanting to do a redux.

by Anonymousreply 436May 23, 2024 11:56 PM

*More of JPS informed them that he would be away filming, meant to say, for he's still voluntarily on recurring.

by Anonymousreply 437May 24, 2024 12:09 AM

Speaking of Valentin, ironically the original Valentin cast was also an AMC grad who was linked to Kelly Ripa's Hayley Vaughan- Matt Borlenghi, who originated the role of Hayley's boyfriend, Brian Bodine, was cast as Valentin Cassadine back in 2009, even made it on set. However, when James Franco decided that he wanted to join GH, Phelps and Guza particularly were so excited that they immediately scrapped any plans for Valentin, in favor of Franco.

by Anonymousreply 438May 24, 2024 12:14 AM

*Matt was actually the second Brian Bodine on AMC, mistakenly mentioned he was the first

by Anonymousreply 439May 24, 2024 12:17 AM

Matt Borlenghi and JPS were buddies while on AMC. Hung out together all the time. Not sure how close they are here three decades later, but its ironic that JPS got the role Borlenghi was scheduled to play seven years earlier.

by Anonymousreply 440May 24, 2024 12:23 AM

R440 Still seem pretty close after all this time. Right pretty ironic how it happened that way. Matt has that dark brooding Cassadine look, yet JPS fits in very well too. Not sure if they're going to rebuild the Cassadine's anymore.

by Anonymousreply 441May 24, 2024 5:20 AM

GH went up, albeit slightly, in the ratings last week, up 26,000 viewers from the previous week:

1. Y&R 3,081,000 (+2000)

2. B&B 2,530,000 (-103,000)

3. GH 1,902,000 (+26,000)

by Anonymousreply 442May 24, 2024 6:02 AM

R401, different Roger

by Anonymousreply 443May 24, 2024 6:06 AM

The "beloved actress" who's supposedly out soon, unless there's a last minute change of heart, are rumored to be either NLG, BH, MW or CW. The main reason why they're still there now is because she, along with her character, were fought for by PM, who vouched for her and her character, which kept her from avoiding the chopping block. With PM now out, her status is now unknown. Writers don't necessarily have control over actors/characters being written out or not, although they're able to make certain suggestions, to sway decisions one way or another, if the network/EP are willing to listen.

by Anonymousreply 444May 24, 2024 6:23 AM

R367 Giovanni Mazza wasn't included in the updated cast photos because they were apparently snapped in March. He didn't start filming until mid-April. Also, Michael Easton took his pictures prior to being told he was out, which was on April 1st

by Anonymousreply 445May 24, 2024 6:27 AM

Finola mentioned that something big is happening within five weeks or so, on Cameo

by Anonymousreply 446May 24, 2024 6:30 AM

This is more of a rumor- during the week of June 3rd, tragedy strikes Port Charles and a secret is revealed.

by Anonymousreply 447May 24, 2024 6:34 AM

R443 Oh I see thanks.

by Anonymousreply 448May 24, 2024 6:40 AM

[quote]The "beloved actress" who's supposedly out soon, unless there's a last minute change of heart, are rumored to be either NLG, BH, MW or CW.

FU.

by Anonymousreply 449May 24, 2024 8:29 AM

X is convinced the person who is out is Maura because Ava is being written into a corner. I don't see it but on the other hand they've not fully utilized her and she must be expensive and her kid is too young to provide storyline for her and the kid would have her other saintly parent Sonny if she dies.

It's a shame people like Maura, deVry, Kober and of host of other delicious nemesis have come on like gang busters but then have to immediately be neutered or written into a corner so as not to provide any competition for insecure Mo and Snarly.

Or are they going to "kill" two birds with one stone and have Easton exit in a drunken accident and kill someone else too? Liz would be most likely to be with or around him in some car accident but I guess he could run into one of the others on the road.

by Anonymousreply 450May 24, 2024 9:39 AM

OLTL was good at making Dorian a villain but always keeping her just within the limits. It took imaginative and talented writers. Oh, well.

by Anonymousreply 451May 24, 2024 11:49 AM

X commenters are comparing the Kristina and Blaze actresses' dislike for one another with Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic on Castle. I don't think it's that obvious, LOL.

I just learned that Julia and Noah actors on AMC couldn't stand each other either. I did not know that.

by Anonymousreply 452May 24, 2024 12:38 PM

This goes back to the core problem at GH, how can anyone out villain a mobster and a hitman?

by Anonymousreply 453May 24, 2024 12:39 PM

R449 😆 why? I'll take that though. Hopefully it's not any of them. However Eva La Rue is apparently thisclose to being placed on contract, so someone has to pay for her

by Anonymousreply 454May 24, 2024 2:31 PM

Eva LaRue on contract? They don't have anyone already on contract who can giggle incessantly?

Why not a Lulu recast on contract? Is there a shortage of late 30s/early 40s, experienced blonde actresses in L.A. looking for work?

by Anonymousreply 455May 24, 2024 2:39 PM

R450 You're right, its going from Becky to Maura, with now even her being the head of Pikeman as a possibility. PM being her main advocate would make sense especially since he likes her type of character. She's definitely being written into a corner, they're setting her up for one of those old school murder mystery whodunnit plots, unless they can somehow write her out of the hole she's currently stuck in.

Remember besides her father, their daughter also has her built-in "Mama Carly."

Certain actors like those also force MB to be on his A game and try to bring it to match their energy, particularly with his fragile ego, not wanting to be outshined in his scenes. Pretty sure he saw the reaction to his scenes with Dante, where many thought Mo was the weakest link.

Finn is definitely headed towards a downward spiral, where someone other than himself might suffer the consequences

by Anonymousreply 456May 24, 2024 2:40 PM

R451 Exactly. Dorian never really went completely over the edge, to the point where she was completely irredeemable.

by Anonymousreply 457May 24, 2024 2:48 PM

R452 Right, Sydney Penny and Keith Hamilton Cobb couldn't stand each other at AMC

by Anonymousreply 458May 24, 2024 2:49 PM

Ahh yes, Mama Carly. She can be mama to Avery, Jake and Aiden when their mothers are let go from the show.

I didn't mention CW because there is storyline potential with Nina and her adult daughter. But who knows, maybe they will have Nina say screw it with this insipid brat and stop pursuing a relationship with Willow and leave town. Maybe she can leave Crimson and money to Sasha to stick it to Willow. Although, I'd hate for CW to leave, I really like the actress, she seems genuinely nice.

by Anonymousreply 459May 24, 2024 2:51 PM

R455 No she's not on contract as of this moment. There's speculation that she'll be offered one soon, since the network/Frank/Maurice/others are all enchanted with her.

Frank kept trying to get Julie Marie Berman (and Jonathan Jackson) back, yet she declined, so they were planning to recast Lulu (temp Maxie, Nicole Paggi, had even auditioned for the part) which is still supposedly in the works, although it'll probably be a "soap name" instead of blonde 30/40 something actresses, which we are indeed flooded with here in LA 😂 Brooke Anne Smith actually fit that mold for Lulu, yet many seem to want Marci Miller, so both adult Abigail's from DOOL can be on the GH canvas at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 460May 24, 2024 2:58 PM

R459 Hopefully I'm wrong but I can totally seem them getting rid of both Liz and Ava, with Carly in the mother role to their offspring. Especially with Korte in the head writer role solo, even though she can't choose to write them off on her own, she can make suggestions to get rid of them both and with the network behind her, it could happen. Nathan Varni has claimed to be big fans of both actresses, but he also said the same thing about Roger, yet still fired him, so he's not exactly trustworthy.

Cynthia is extremely nice and well liked. It's not her but with Korte's disregard of Nina, that could have an effect on her status, seeing how close of a relationship she has with both Nathan and Frank. Honestly it would be a mistake to let her go too, but this show seems to always keep the actors that aren't as good as the ones they don't hold onto

by Anonymousreply 461May 24, 2024 3:08 PM

On another note, MW along with BH could both end up on other soaps, like The Gates, with the whole Procter & Gamble connection for MW, BH still being close with Michele val Jean. Ron loves MW as well, possibly a Nicole Walker recast at DOOL?

by Anonymousreply 462May 24, 2024 3:12 PM

Korte as sole head writer is still apparently not their long-term plan, she might not even be co-hw

by Anonymousreply 463May 24, 2024 3:14 PM

Have there been any budget cuts? That would explain wanting to get rid of top tier earners like MW, CW and NLG. I don't imagine RH's salary is in the same category.

The only one I wouldn't mind being sent packing is NLG. I don't like the actress and her character isn't needed. As an added bonus, the sooner she is gone, the sooner we get to read her tell all book!

by Anonymousreply 464May 24, 2024 3:32 PM

R464 Not exactly any budget cuts, although Roger Howarth was let go to pay for Steve Burton's return, which is also happening with Michael Easton "allegedly."

Nancy Lee Grahn definitely has her tell all book ready to ship as soon as she's out the door

by Anonymousreply 465May 24, 2024 4:36 PM

Another really enjoyable episode today, with several well written, meaningful interactions. I like Tracy's friendship with Cody, and she's saving Stella for me.

by Anonymousreply 466May 24, 2024 8:29 PM

Brennan actor didn't learn his lesson the first time around. He's back to fawning over Snarly on X. Saying she's "so cool" with a flower (rose) emoji. He had to delete his account last time he was licking her boots. What makes him think it will be different this time? Wouldn't a simple and innocuous "fun scenes to shoot" or something like that be safer?

by Anonymousreply 467May 24, 2024 10:58 PM

[quote]Brennan actor didn't learn his lesson the first time around. He's back to fawning over Snarly on X. Saying she's "so cool" with a flower (rose) emoji.

Maybe he's just playing the game and wants to continue working?

by Anonymousreply 468May 25, 2024 12:23 AM

[quote]Maybe he's just playing the game and wants to continue working?[/quote]

I forgot to include he had to delete his account the first time around. He was over the top fawning over Snarly and got attacked so he left. He came back a few weeks later and seemed to have toned down the gushing over her but now has ramped it up again.

I understand he has to play along to get along and is hoping for a pairing that cements him to the show for a while but he should have learned from the last incident she's not everyone's favorite and they will come for him.

by Anonymousreply 469May 25, 2024 1:14 AM

Seems that Maura would be the easiest to get rid of at this point.

Ava is being writen into a corner. Her brother Julian is dead (for now). Her friendship with Nina is kaput. Her mentorship of Trina is being toned down. She sold off Wyndemere for $25 million. Her involvement with Sonny is winding down in favor of an Eva La Rue pairing instead.

Mama Carly will happily take in Avery.

I predict a drunken Finn will get in an accident involving Ava. Finn will be killed while Ava will be severely injured and shipped off for recovery off screen.

So, we just need to find someone who needs some organ transplants and can accept Finn's organs.

by Anonymousreply 470May 25, 2024 1:23 AM

Too much story potential still for Nina. She needs to rebuild her relationship with Willow and her grandchildren. Besides, when Nelle comes back from the dead, Nina needs to be there.

Both Becky Herbst and Nancy Lee Grahn have been on the show 25+. Both are parents to three children who are playing various degrees of major storylines. Both are also tied to major families in town.

Doesn't seem like it would be wise to get rid of any of these three.

by Anonymousreply 471May 25, 2024 1:30 AM

Usually when they come for someone like Maura West it's one of two reasons; 1) the show is looking for money or 2) the headwriter has an issue with the character and wants that character gone and the EP and network have signed off on it.

Maybe they want to bring someone back whose quote is around what Maura is making or the new writers want the character gone.

by Anonymousreply 472May 25, 2024 1:35 AM

R472 Actually, although both of those scenarios are true, in this particular situation, both apply:1) The show is in need of money and 2) Korte isn't really too big on Ava, even though both Nathan and Frank are, however they're also into money more.

Also, Eva La Rue seems to be the likely candidate, in terms of getting placed in contract next. They'd actually save money by performing this exchange, which obviously they're aware of, for Eva will most likely come somewhat cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 473May 25, 2024 1:47 AM

Steve speaks about Leslie Charleson's absence:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474May 25, 2024 4:07 AM

Previews For Next Week:

Monday, May 27th, 2024 (Repeat From Oct. 5th, 2023)

Spencer and Trina affirm their feelings.

Sonny issues a threat.

Tracy has a slip of the tongue.

Valentin surprises Anna.

Sasha is in danger.

Tuesday, May 28th, 2024

Sam details her plan to help Jason.

Maxie encourages Spinelli.

Alexis gets some answers.

Jason and Anna exchange info.

Carly visits Brennan.

Wednesday, May 29th, 2024

Elizabeth has misgivings.

Ava confronts Nina.

Josslyn and Trina pursue a move.

Brook Lynn affirms her devotion to Chase.

Alexis gets the last word.

Thursday, May 30th, 2024

Sonny seeks out Dex.

Dante and Kristina have a heart-to-heart.

Maxie issues an invitation.

Molly is frustrated.

Michael tells Drew how he feels.

Friday, May 31st, 2024

Curtis and Portia take on a new mission.

Laura is dismayed.

Jason’s decision angers Sonny.

Chase offers reassurance.

Jagger grows suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 475May 25, 2024 6:40 AM

Now the only really handsome guy in the cast, there's no reason to have Evan Hofer's face all bashed in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476May 25, 2024 7:53 AM

Maura has had good work done and the new hairdo is nice too. Also appears to have lost a few pounds. She looks great.

She should head over to Y&R and reunite with her daughter Kiki. Maybe Aunt Jordan had another sister and MW can be Claire/Kiki's other aunt? I know she's already been on Y&R, did it end badly? Do she and Stafford get along?

It's difficult for actresses who were leading ladies on other soaps or cancelled soaps to come onto a new soap. It makes the reigning leading lady/ladies insecure. MW has had to tread carefully at GH and will have to do so on any other soap.

by Anonymousreply 477May 25, 2024 10:01 AM

R477 Y&R ended pretty badly for her. I'm not as knowledgeable about the entire situation, however from what was mentioned back then, she wasn't exactly welcomed by many, who saw her as an interloper coming from a cancelled ATWT, forced upon their cast. Michelle Stafford gets along with her better now, which apparently happened while they were both at GH, for Michelle wasn't always exactly a part of that small Y&R welcoming crew when Maura arrived. Michael Muhney, if I'm remembering correctly, was probably nicest to Maura.

by Anonymousreply 478May 25, 2024 10:17 AM

Should also mention that Michelle goes back and forth, for when she first came to GH, a year after Maura joined, they apparently weren't completely close. Michelle had even unfollowed Maura, along with Laura Wright around the time she quit GH, until deciding to follow them back after awhile (Finola, Cynthia Watros and a few younger actresses/some actors were the ones that she chose to keep following, Finola of course still being her main best friend there)

by Anonymousreply 479May 25, 2024 10:24 AM

Michelle also recently made up with Victoria Rowell, after they ran into each other at a gas station, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 480May 25, 2024 10:27 AM

R477 That's also true about actresses from other soaps coming into another soap environment with a leading lady or ladies that aren't exactly rolling out the welcome wagon. For example, Laura Wright took to Twitter to actually make it known to Maura West that she had parked in LW's designated parking spot on MW's first day, so MW apologized, explaining that she wasn't aware that spot was just for LW. Kassie DePaiva even mentioned not feeling too welcomed by many GH cast members when Blair first arrived, with the others from OLTL

by Anonymousreply 481May 25, 2024 10:39 AM

Why am I not surprised LW would be so petty and juvenile as to go public with a parking situation. LW really is insecure and witchy.

by Anonymousreply 482May 25, 2024 10:52 AM

The way they treated Maura over at Y&R was uncalled for and just plain wrong. That was one nasty set. Everybody ganged up on her. She was just doing a job, yeah, it was mandated by the network, but there is no reason to hold that against Maura, take it out on the network. Everybody in that cast and crew worked to sabotage her.

by Anonymousreply 483May 25, 2024 12:36 PM

Well, all Maura does now is make stink faces any time a woman comes near Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 484May 25, 2024 4:14 PM

90% of soap actors should be living on only half of their paycheck and saving the other half. Never know when it's going to end regardless how popular or good you are.

The other 10% such as sputtering, cue card aficionado Mo and linebacker LW can behave as abhorrently as they like and be detested by many viewers yet still be employed.

Esme actress was smart, she quietly got her degree while at GH.

by Anonymousreply 485May 25, 2024 8:29 PM

I'm sure P&G has room inside The Gates for a CarJack reunion of sorts.

by Anonymousreply 486May 25, 2024 9:29 PM

I have been laughing at all of the wishful casting for The Gates. They have pretty much said the show is going to focus on a wealthy multi-generational black family, but all of the wishful casting coming from soap fans has been for white actors.

by Anonymousreply 487May 25, 2024 11:53 PM

How do these actors make a living appearing maybe once a week or two in a month? Do they get paid by appearance or monthly regardless of how much screen time they get?

by Anonymousreply 488May 26, 2024 3:43 AM

Excellent point r487. We see no speculation about black soap actors - not that there were evet that many. The greats have found recognition outside of daytime.

by Anonymousreply 489May 26, 2024 4:25 AM

R482 Very insecure, very witchy. Seems to be getting worse as she gets older.

by Anonymousreply 490May 26, 2024 4:29 AM

R483 That aligns with what was being said back then, how Maura was just there to work, yet they essentially bullied her while at Y&R, until she was let go.

by Anonymousreply 491May 26, 2024 4:31 AM

R484 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 492May 26, 2024 4:32 AM

R485 Excellent advice, which is why many of them go broke when they're no longer employed through soaps. What's interesting now is that a great deal of them are working in real estate, even though that's not necessarily guaranteed. Michael Sutton is a success story, with his real estate career.

Maurice and Laura know that they're "untouchable" for the most part, although one should never become too comfortable. If only Laura was the one who refused to take the jab instead of Steve- we'd have yet another Carly by now, probably a better one, like Gina T., or in that vein. Even if she did consider taking it, sure Wes R. was telling her to take it, to ensure he still had his meal ticket.

Avery P. has a good head on her shoulders. Either as an actress or in any other endeavors, I believe she'll go far.

by Anonymousreply 493May 26, 2024 4:42 AM

R486 Agreed. P&G's involvement can very well provide a second chance in soaps for their former actors, especially the ones who are LA based, including MW, if/when GH let's her go.

by Anonymousreply 494May 26, 2024 4:45 AM

R487 Well lol true there has been wishful casting for White actors, however some of those actors themselves have made it known that they'd be interested in joining, such as Sarah Brown. Vanessa Marcil might be interested as well, since she's really good friends with Michele val Jean (Becky Herbst is close with MVJ too), although since SJB and VM aren't exactly on the best of terms anymore, both of them there together might not work. The show is planning to have White characters as well, probably more like a "Generations" type theme, just an hour long. The Black characters are going to be primarily in leading roles, yet it's not going to just be a "Black soap" more of being a predominantly Black soap.

The ones that some fans have suggested, in regards to wishful casting are Debbi Morgan, Victoria Rowell, Obba Babatunde, Valarie Pettiford, Mishael Morgan, etc. Even Tamar Braxton was on a wish list

by Anonymousreply 495May 26, 2024 5:12 AM

People wishing for Renee Elise Goldsberry's return need to move on as she has.

by Anonymousreply 496May 26, 2024 5:27 AM

R488 A combination of both. In their contracts, they are typically guaranteed three days of work each week, yet some only get guaranteed two days, while others can negotiate a guaranteed minimum of four days. If they have three days guaranteed minimums, yet only work two, they'll still get paid for those three days in that week, as part of their contract. What Frank likes to do is have actors burn their minimums, instead of just paying them for not working. That's why sometimes you won't see a character for awhile then all of a sudden you start seeing them more, to make up for their minimums being paid. It has to be done in a decent amount of time though, where they'll probably be on for like four days in one week, if it were just two days weeks before. Since GH is budget friendly, they probably cutback on many three day guarantees, down to two- like the two year contracts they're currently trying to get everyone who's not recurring onto.

Nicholas A. Chavez, for example, most likely came in with the standard rookie contract, which is about $1k per show, so with a two or three day guarantee, that went for at least $2k-$3k per week. When he was on the fence about returning, they were planning to offer him a contract that would've upped his pay rate and given him more outs to film other projects, yet he declined their offer, which is why they let him out of his current contract earlier than expected

by Anonymousreply 497May 26, 2024 5:36 AM

R496 Right REG is another one they're wishing for on The Gates.

by Anonymousreply 498May 26, 2024 5:47 AM

I admit I'd love it r498 but it's too much to expect.

by Anonymousreply 499May 26, 2024 6:10 AM

R499 It would be nice to see her back in soaps again. Is it too much to expect because she's busy doing other projects or she lives in NY? I know they initially claimed that they'd seek alternative locations outside of LA to film, though it'll most likely be in LA.

by Anonymousreply 500May 26, 2024 6:16 AM

With Chavez, Tabyana Ali had a major story line but since he unexpectedly permanently left, she has hardly any screen time. Maybe they'll recast and Spencer will miraculously wash ashore?

by Anonymousreply 501May 26, 2024 10:55 AM

[quote]If only Laura was the one who refused to take the jab instead of Steve- we'd have yet another Carly by now, probably a better one, like Gina T., or in that vein.

So the issue is Laura Wright and not the character of Carly?

by Anonymousreply 502May 26, 2024 2:09 PM

Both, r502.

LW believes it's Carly's World which makes her obnoxious and Korte, et al, reinforce her belief by centering everything around her character which then makes the character obnoxious. A role she is miscast in.

LW is the longest running miscast in the history of soap miscasts.

by Anonymousreply 503May 26, 2024 2:14 PM

[quote]The show is planning to have White characters as well, probably more like a "Generations" type theme, just an hour long.

I have not seen that written anywhere. In fact, very little has been written about the show, except that the NAACP is heavily involved, and that CBS is targeting the large black audience for daytime shows. I think if there are going to be white characters on this show, they will be peripheral or at best the C story. I also think it would be a mistake to assume that The Gates is going to be some dumping ground for former soap actors. There will probably be one or two "names" and the rest will all be newbies or new to soaps.

by Anonymousreply 504May 26, 2024 2:24 PM

Agreed! Longest miscast LW’s Carly! Would have loved to have seen Gina T in the role or better yet kept Tamara Braun.

by Anonymousreply 505May 26, 2024 4:45 PM

I laughed out loud at this parody of Brooklyn.

[italic]Could she BE wearing more clothes?[italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506May 26, 2024 5:19 PM

The big fuzzy robe over what looked like plaid, flannel grandma pajamas on her wedding night was really ridiculous.

She could have at least worn a silk robe that didn't show any cleavage over a long silk night gown that also didn't show any cleavage, maybe a bit of lace trimming (but not too much!!).

FFS with this extremist who is too pious to do the standard soap scenes she was hired to do but not too pious to accept a paycheck from such an amoral industry.

by Anonymousreply 507May 26, 2024 5:33 PM

R501 Actually they were planning on recasting, then decided against it. They even held light auditions; supposedly Giovanni Mazza auditioned for recast Spencer, then when they chose not to proceed with recasting, Mark Teschner recommended him, which is when they came up with Giovanni Cerullo.

by Anonymousreply 508May 26, 2024 5:54 PM

R501 Patrick Mulcahey was planning to pair Giovanni with Trina. Now with him out the door, Korte might pair him with Josslyn. There's a new African-American, "Trey," they're auditioning for now, who's supposed to be for Trina. However, auditions don't always bring new characters on.

by Anonymousreply 509May 26, 2024 5:58 PM

R502 Both. R503 couldn't have stated it any better. LW makes the character so insufferable and the writing for her makes everything so unbelievable. A stronger actress could rock the role though, also with more improved writing.

by Anonymousreply 510May 26, 2024 6:01 PM

R504 You haven't seen that written anywhere because that's my opinion, that it'll be more like Generations, which is why I said probably, so I'm not saying it as fact. I'm not against an African-American soap at all. I just don't think it'll be an all Black cast. I do think it'll probably be full of newcomers, as it should be, not just a hotbed of former soap stars. However I do believe they'll include some previous daytime or even primetime actors, as an anchor, which typically happens when a new daytime drama launches.

by Anonymousreply 511May 26, 2024 6:11 PM

R507 Especially since she showed cleavage in her wedding dress. I wonder just how controlling her husband is, if it's true that he's the one who's primarily against her showing skin. She had no problem playing a stripper on OLTL, but that seemed to be prior to her marriage and/or having children.

by Anonymousreply 512May 26, 2024 6:21 PM

[quote]There's a new African-American, "Trey," they're auditioning for now, who's supposed to be for Trina.

Where they will immediately be given the Claudia and Bryan treatment and become the bestie talk tos for Dex and Joss.

by Anonymousreply 513May 26, 2024 8:29 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514May 26, 2024 9:53 PM

^That's awful.

3:00 a.m. with a co-worker. Wonder if he was working at a restaurant or bar...

I thought he mentioned a wife and kids on Mo's show but the TMZ article just mentions mother and brothers.

Hope scientology didn't ruin his marriage.

by Anonymousreply 515May 26, 2024 10:03 PM

So far Kathleen Gati, Nathan Varni and Eric Martsloff (DOOL?) have tweeted about Johnny's death.

by Anonymousreply 516May 26, 2024 10:50 PM

R.I.P. to Johnny Wactor, it's horrible this happened, particularly this show, to keep losing close cast/crew

by Anonymousreply 517May 26, 2024 11:10 PM

Scientology factor aside, Frank wanted to get rid of him once Kelly T. decided to quit, for he needed someone for Josh Kelly, which was Sasha.

by Anonymousreply 518May 26, 2024 11:12 PM

Jon Lindstrom, Nancy Lee Grahn, Laura Wright and Kelly Thiebaud have made comments as well (Kelly T.'s on her IG stories)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519May 26, 2024 11:16 PM

Chad Duell is pissed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520May 26, 2024 11:17 PM

Someone needs to inform Kin so he stops tweeting about Genie's birthday and going roller skating with in their youth.

by Anonymousreply 521May 26, 2024 11:26 PM

R521 Oh right today is her 62nd birthday. It would've also been her mother's 90th birthday. Genie hasn't made an official statement about her mother being deceased, though she apparently confirmed at Nancy's event

by Anonymousreply 522May 26, 2024 11:49 PM

From the Ashton Arbab who played Dev, Brando's son:

absolutely heartbroken while typing this. Johnny Wactor was not only my tv dad for more than 25 episodes on General Hospital but he was a great human, a kind soul, an inspiration and a one of a kind actor. May your soul rest in peace. Heaven gained an Angel❤️ #generalhospital #gh

by Anonymousreply 523May 27, 2024 12:06 AM

Sofia Mattson and Kirsten Storms IG tributes are long and heartfelt.

Parry Shen also longer heartfelt tweet with video of the two of them joking around.

Mo's short tweet: "such a talented and sweet guy what are these other guys thinking"

by Anonymousreply 524May 27, 2024 12:44 AM

sofia's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525May 27, 2024 12:47 AM

Can someone explain to me who Marcus Coloma's demographic is that would spend $230 to have breakfast with him or $1,100 to for an entire weekend of excursions with him plus travel?

I found this while searching to see if he had commented on Johnny yet. So far I don't see anything from him. But I guess he's busy entertaining his huge fan base in D.C.

And who is buying his overpriced merch to support scientology? $40 tee shirt, $60 sweatshirt. WTF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526May 27, 2024 1:30 AM

[quote]would spend $230 to have breakfast with him or $1,100 to for an entire weekend

Does that include cumming or is that extra?

by Anonymousreply 527May 27, 2024 1:38 AM

R526 Supposedly Marcus left his event before knowing what happened to his friend.

Marcus has a huge fan base, made up seemingly today, along with his other personal meetings, from desperate Fraus who have a crush on him. In a sense they are funding his current lifestyle, which could be why he claims to have been offered a role on another soap, yet he turned them down.

by Anonymousreply 528May 27, 2024 1:42 AM

R527 Cumming is most likely extra, that'll probably run you $1500-$2000 tops 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 529May 27, 2024 1:45 AM

Who are these desperate fraus? Do they not know that scientologists bleed people dry financially, abuse them and then stalk them if they manage to escape? Have they never heard of Leah Remini?

I have a particular aversion to this abusive cult, In the late 80s/early 90s I was in CA blowing an inheritance and had an aspiring actor roommate who got sucked into their bullshit. They bled him for every penny. They convinced him the only way he could become a STAR was through them! He couldn't get any acting work and ended up very depressed and in financial straits. I gave him the money to go back home to Idaho or Iowa or Indiana, I don't remember which now...

by Anonymousreply 530May 27, 2024 1:56 AM

Take these with a grain of salt:

GH is reworking their entire writing team. Early indicators- Elizabeth Korte & Chris Van Etten as head writers, with reshuffling of break down writers and scriptwriters. There's also a possibility of Korte going back down the ladder.

Finn will get into a car accident, someone suffers injuries from it, leading to his suspension, followed by his exit.

Sonny will continue to spiral out of control, will let anger get the best of him, feel betrayed, leading to sex with someone.

Danny will be involved in a warehouse explosion, because of Sonny or Valentin? Jason will rescue him, yet Danny will go blind as a result (previous story had Danny being careless with a gun, with Jake being injured, becoming just like Jason, or Jake rescuing Danny from the warehouse, also resulting in a personality change more reminiscent of Jason's)

Anna and Valentin in an explosive showdown regarding Pikeman and the FBI, with the possible conclusion of the story.

by Anonymousreply 531May 27, 2024 1:58 AM

R532 😆 They're somehow entranced by him. I've seen comments from them, saying how they miss having him on the show and how the show should've never fired him, etc. Leah Remini, they have to know or guess they don't believe.

I've heard instances to the one you're describing, with young actors and actresses being swooped up into the illusion of Scientology. At least your friend had you to help them out. I'm born and raised in Cali, were you around Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 532May 27, 2024 2:04 AM

So they are hellbent on keeping Korte in charge? They will all be out of jobs within two years when the show is cancelled.

I'm guessing Sonny has sex with someone fertile who will get pregnant?

The Danny kid is good but a blind storyline might be a bit much for newbie.

by Anonymousreply 533May 27, 2024 2:05 AM

R533 These are only speculation, for now, though Korte along with Van Etten was initially mentioned by the site responsible for originally announcing that Mulcahey was out. Supposedly, Korte/Van Etten is more of a last resort type scenario, since there isn't anyone else lined up at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 534May 27, 2024 2:29 AM

*Supposedly, Korte/Van Etten are more of a last resort type scenario, should say at R534 which actually isn't much of a reworking, at all. She definitely needs to go R533 along with Frank, although she'd probably be back as either associate head writer or a break down writer if they find a suitable replacement, which they had in Mulcahey instead of her

by Anonymousreply 535May 27, 2024 2:36 AM

Take these with a grain of salt as well:

Finn makes amends and "promises" to stop drinking.

Alexis is in a good news/bad news type of situation.

Giovanni is offered an opportunity.

Josslyn and Trina move into a new apartment together.

Ava sends out a threat.

Sonny makes a promise.

by Anonymousreply 536May 27, 2024 2:48 AM

Best compilation of all the many tributes so far.

Jeff Kober, jon linstrom, CW, Dominic Z, Katey McMullen, Tonja Walker (?), Parry Shen, Lydia Look, Bonnie Burroughs, Brianna Lane (temp BLQ), Wm devry, NLG, Inga Cadranel (Harmony), Finola, Kelly T., Kirsten Storms, Sofia Mattson, kathleen gati, LW, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537May 27, 2024 2:57 AM

R537 Thanks. What's interesting is that some are being tacky, saying how you could tell he was beloved as opposed to other actors who don't receive such an outpouring of admiration, unlike with Billy Miller. That was just his experience at GH, because many were dismissive of him there, for his Y&R cast mates adored him.

by Anonymousreply 538May 27, 2024 3:02 AM

What's even worse is that Johnny Wactor was getting off work when it happened, believe he worked at a bar. Poor guy 💔 💔 really unfortunate. Stealing catalytic converters is a huge thing practically everywhere, particularly here in LA.

by Anonymousreply 539May 27, 2024 3:07 AM

R533 Either Jason or Jagger might go blind, if it's not Danny. Still speculation though so we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 540May 27, 2024 3:32 AM

Someone on X said Donnell and Bradford were interviewed by local news. I'm searching for clip but can't find. Any Angelenos see it?

by Anonymousreply 541May 27, 2024 1:58 PM

^They were interviewed about Johnny I should add.

by Anonymousreply 542May 27, 2024 1:59 PM

Phone interviews

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543May 27, 2024 5:16 PM

For some reason I can't link IG. I think my devices are possessed and in need of an exorcism.

Coloma posted a reel on IG about what a loyal friend Johnny was and taught him so much. Ingo chimed in in the comments section.

by Anonymousreply 544May 27, 2024 5:58 PM

R541 Correct they both were interviewed about Johnny. Not able to provide any links, sorry, but I'm an Angeleno who saw both of their interviews.

by Anonymousreply 545May 27, 2024 8:13 PM

Ingo getting dragged on X for making his tribute to Johnny about politics and rightfully so.

Tonja Walker did the same thing, and she didn't even know Johnny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546May 27, 2024 8:16 PM

The GFM is up to support Johnny's mother and two brothers travel back and forth from South Carolina as many times as is necessary to settle his affairs...

by Anonymousreply 547May 27, 2024 8:41 PM

Nicholas A. Chavez's tribute:

Johnny —

I’m beside myself with sadness. The last time I saw you, we ran into each other by accident in Los Angeles. When we recognized each other your face lit up and you ran essentially across the room to give me a big and tight hug. You were a strong and kind person. You were a phenomenal friend and you always made me feel welcomed and loved. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have been a part of your life and I’m praying for you and your family.

I will miss you very much.

by Anonymousreply 548May 27, 2024 8:46 PM

R549 That's a genuine tribute from NAC. Out of their cast/crew who've all unfortunately passed recently, Johnny seems to have hit hardest as a whole, as opposed to some hitting harder more individually

by Anonymousreply 549May 27, 2024 11:51 PM

Guess this is their plan to retain those lapsed viewers:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550May 27, 2024 11:52 PM

Johnny left this world a hero, he was shielding a female co-worker from being shot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551May 28, 2024 2:07 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552May 28, 2024 2:10 AM

From Digest, apologies if this was posted before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553May 28, 2024 3:42 AM

Maura West possibly being out is gaining more traction; Becky Herbst was originally on scheduled to leave, now MW:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554May 28, 2024 5:27 AM

Becky Herbst was originally on schedule to leave, now its Maura West, for she had backing from PM, advocating for her to stay. Now with him being out, she might be out too. Other guesses were Genie, Nancy Lee, Cynthia and Tabyana; Tabyana, however, isn't a "beloved actress" nor a "vet" so she doesn't match the description.

by Anonymousreply 555May 28, 2024 5:32 AM

Now also with PM out, who knows what will become of Nina and Drew, for that was his brainchild, along with Drew's metamorphosis into a burgeoning politician, while embracing his Quartermaine roots.

by Anonymousreply 556May 28, 2024 5:42 AM

R553 Don't believe anyone else posted this here, to my recollection before you. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 557May 28, 2024 5:46 AM

New teen girl is on the way, could be a Charlotte or a Georgie recast, if not a brand new character entirely, portrayed by Aria Lyric Leabu, although this is subject to change.

by Anonymousreply 558May 28, 2024 6:30 AM

Patrick Mulcahey has hit the big time! Article with photo about him on the Daily Mail today! No, I'm not linking to DM.

by Anonymousreply 559May 28, 2024 10:43 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560May 28, 2024 12:28 PM

I can't believe that story survived a pitch meeting. There are no facts, all speculation, no one of note is on record, and just cutting and pasting Twitter quotes.

by Anonymousreply 561May 28, 2024 12:31 PM

Susan Lucci claims she was called about leading The Golden Bachelorette, although a source says she was never offered:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562May 28, 2024 12:31 PM

[quote]I can't believe that story survived a pitch meeting. There are no facts, all speculation, no one of note is on record, and just cutting and pasting Twitter quotes.

That story was written by some Daily Mail intern looking for some story to do that the paper hadn't done.

Yes, the story lacks any credible sources, but that's not terribly unusual for the Daily Mail.

What is unusual is the story is entirely Twitter comments. Twitter has become a lazy reporter's favorite source for comments.

by Anonymousreply 563May 28, 2024 8:19 PM

Am finally caught up on GH episodes. Had to binge watch to get caught up over the weekend.

I noticed that the show made use of some unusual camera angles, including:

1. Overhead shots looking down on the alter during the wedding ceremony. Show rarely does overhead shots.

2. Shot looking in through the glass of the balcony door when Christina and Blaze were sitting on the bed in Blaze's Metro Court room. Never seen that angle done before.

3. Shot taken from the base of the nurses' station looking across the nurses' station carpeting at Joss and Dex sitting on a bench waiting to be seen by ER doctors. Definitely have never seen that angle before, but it was visually striking.

Bravo to the directors who decided to be daring and do these unusual shots.

by Anonymousreply 564May 28, 2024 8:28 PM

Some of those fans commenting on the DM story are just fucking idiots.

Any show like that takes months to rearrange all the pieces and get things lined up for new protagonists etc - Mulcahey and Korte had been HWs for all of 8 weeks on air.

The week leading up to the wedding episodes were starting to feel like a real story playing out, where characters had scenes longer than 20 seconds and interacted with new people. Good things always come from that kind of reshuffle.

But the same namby pamby cunts who claim GH abandons history pouted and stomped their hooves when it wasn't the Sonny, Snarly and Simple Jason show every day. Alas.

by Anonymousreply 565May 28, 2024 9:11 PM

R561 R563 Daily Mail seemed to retrieve this story from another source, The Sun, a few copy and paste quotes mixed in with their own and they were pretty much good to go:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566May 29, 2024 5:24 AM

R561 R563 Also, although Twitter is littered with fans voicing their opinions, there's a handful that do still have credible information.

by Anonymousreply 567May 29, 2024 5:55 AM

Brace yourselves: Maurice is busy promoting his new State Of Mind w/Steve, which is a two-parter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568May 29, 2024 5:59 AM

How long are we going to have to look at Dex's mangled eye? It's off-putting. Make it stop.

by Anonymousreply 569May 29, 2024 8:40 PM

Beloved character could be Genie. I'm pretty sure she got along well with PM. He created the character of Stefan and that story. Back then - she was threating to leave if they kept her with TG.

Frank may be tired of her months being gone.

by Anonymousreply 570May 29, 2024 10:17 PM

The name I keep seeing speculated most often is Maura West. Ava was giving full cunt today, and she's definitely been written unsympathetically as of late.

I'd rather any or all of the rest (besides Genie and Jane) go before her.

by Anonymousreply 571May 29, 2024 10:23 PM

It should be Nina, love CW, but this character was never needed longer than short term.

If it’s a true VET I hope NLG/alexis. She is close to Patrick so feels like a good option to go.

They’d be dumb to lose Laura, MW Ava, and especially Liz!

by Anonymousreply 572May 30, 2024 12:22 AM

I hope it's NLG.

She threatened Ava today. Maybe Alexis doesn't get her law license back, falls off the wagon, attempts to kill Ava and is sent off to prison for attempted murder.

by Anonymousreply 573May 30, 2024 12:30 AM

I woke up today thinking it was Sam who would be written off. Today I started watching the show and there was a scene of Drew and Willow. How can you watch a scene that has two such uninteresting characters in it?

by Anonymousreply 574May 30, 2024 1:47 AM

R570 Sorry it's actually "beloved actress" not character, think that distinction wasn't corrected, which is why now many went from thinking it was Becky Herbst to Maura West. PM didn't necessarily like Genie back then, because of these comments she made about not wanting to kiss TG, out of an implied fear of catching HIV, even though TG's status wasn't even stated as positive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575May 30, 2024 2:10 AM

"Allegedly" PM was sending his work from his home base in Washington State, only for his work to be rewritten once in the LA studios, where both Frank and Elizabeth Korte are located.

by Anonymousreply 576May 30, 2024 2:21 AM

Please, let Finn go already. How much longer do we have to watch his odd facial expressions, his annoying tendency to purse his lips after every utterance, and the all around distasteful acting? (I don't remember him being this insufferable when he was John McBain, even though I wasn't fond of him at the time.)

by Anonymousreply 577May 30, 2024 2:45 AM

R577 He should be out sooner than you think, just a matter of when. Although, he could always be on recurring or even come back as John McBain, but apparently Finn/ME is out.

by Anonymousreply 578May 30, 2024 3:12 AM

Tamara Braun and Roger Howarth both worked at least a month or two after being informed they were let go, among others, so that's why Finn/ME isn't out yet

by Anonymousreply 579May 30, 2024 3:15 AM

Nancy Lee teasing that she will out any of her coworkers who vote for Trump, or choose not to vote at all, in her future soap tell all book

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580May 30, 2024 3:19 AM

Unfortunate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581May 30, 2024 4:52 AM

R561, sadly, THAT is what has become of soap opera and all journalism.

Just reposts of social media posts.

No facts. Just rumors. Steve Burton has podcast on Daily Drama; all he essentially said about Leslie C. was love her, hope she's well, we'll see if she's back...etc.

Somehow THAT becomes news. if and when we see Monica back ever, it'll be a surprise on air.

by Anonymousreply 582May 30, 2024 5:02 AM

R582 Know this is addressed to someone else, but there are still a handful of legit insiders who have info. The issue with GH is that Frank tries to control leaks, so although there are some with reliable information when it comes to GH, sometimes it's difficult for them to tell out of possibly being reprimanded. They share but being outed is a concern

by Anonymousreply 583May 30, 2024 5:26 AM

I remember when there were like 8 magazines plus AOL chat rooms about soaps.

Today, reveals can be written in real time. Monica, for example, pops up in an episode and five soap sites -- digest, in depth, soap hub, DC, soap central etc. -- can write about it right away!

Maybe the shows never should have given all that casting away back in the day but it was different times. Today, fans can see what actors eat for breakfast on their scoial.

Frank and the others have every right to keep everything under wraps. But, here's what I find odd -- the show has been just as secretive as it's been in years and the ratings have taken a DIVE -- not b/c people knew or didn't know what was going to happen but because the show went to shit in a matter of weeks.

I'm not against everything that's been done but the constant job changing of characters, Kristina being written as finding out her dad is a mobster is new to her (fans are posting scenes of Lexi playing that out), and the rumors of Easton and West being out aren't giving me much hope for the future.

B&B should GRAB west if she's avail.

by Anonymousreply 584May 30, 2024 5:38 AM

R584 Exactly, for those were the good old days, with many different magazines and chat rooms, sites that shared reliable information before it hit the air. It seemed to change once GL, ATWT, AMC and OLTL were all cancelled, little by little those magazines and sites began to disappear, for out of the four network shows that were left, they seemed to tighten leaks, which was attributed to them worrying about viewership eroding if they knew what would happen ahead of time.

The show definitely went straight to hell, although it's not hard to believe, well for me at least, that Frank and Elizabeth Korte undermined Patrick Mulcahey at every turn, in an effort to get him out.

December's comments from Nathan Varni, asking fans how could GH bring back lapsed viewers and the announcement from Craig Erwich, President of Disney Television Group, about being committed to GH, wasn't just lip service, which is why they chose to pacify Baby Frank, bring Steve back, get rid of Chris and Dan, while hiring PM, all in an effort to boost viewership, for GH is their flagship show and they're apparently planning to revitalize their daytime lineup, with GH as their anchor show. What the network wasn't counting on were the record lows and declining viewers that GH is currently experiencing. Elizabeth Korte being a historian when it comes to GH's history was not only supposed to help out with catching PM up to date, she should've figured out a way to have Kristina defend her father without writing her as being oblivious to his actions, when she clearly shouldn't be.

It's like what someone mentioned here before, comparing this situation to when Sally Sussman Morina returned to Y&R, hoping to recreate that sense of nostalgia, however it wasn't exactly accepted by many. The network was apparently going for a more 90's feel under PM's vision, with longer scenes and more family/interpersonal connections. Frank, however, prefers quick scenes with crowded casts while Korte can't seem to see past Carly, so with those two still at the helm, GH will never get their head out of the sand.

Maura West would rock B&B, even it meant as a recast Kristen Forrester, which would be a nod to soap opera history with her former ATWT cousin Lesli Kay in and out as her sister Felicia. Kristen could date Bill, causing even more friction with Ridge/Bill. Then again, she could show up on DOOL as a Nicole Walker recast, bringing Michael Easton right along with her as Tannerm

by Anonymousreply 585May 30, 2024 6:35 AM

Bringing Michael Easton right along with her as Tanner Scofield

by Anonymousreply 586May 30, 2024 6:38 AM

*Maura with Michael to DOOL are suggestions, for possibly anyone who reads these, not rumors, nor facts.

by Anonymousreply 587May 30, 2024 6:42 AM

The co-worker who was with Johnny when he died.

I smell a lawsuit. They were walking to their vehicles parked a few blocks away from the bar where they worked. She mentions the restaurant needs to provide parking as they promised but they haven't...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588May 30, 2024 7:30 AM

New GH thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589May 30, 2024 8:21 AM

Wow! We filled up this thread in just three and a half weeks.

by Anonymousreply 590May 30, 2024 8:23 AM

GH gained a mere measly 1000 viewers in the past week:

Week of May 20th-24th, 2024

1. Y&R 3,009,000 (-72,000)

2. B&B 2,580,000 (+50,000)

3. GH 1,903,000 (+1000)

by Anonymousreply 591May 30, 2024 1:42 PM

Carolyn Hennesy aka Diane:

Just a thought on Johnny Wactor: I never worked with the man, but knew him to be a fine actor and he'll be missed terribly by those who DID know him much better than I. So...have we had enough yet? Shall we, perhaps, start putting and keeping certain folks in jail?

by Anonymousreply 592May 30, 2024 2:21 PM

Tony Geary on his birthday yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593May 30, 2024 4:31 PM

R593 There were mentions of him acting like a child on his birthday, what exactly did he do or say?

by Anonymousreply 594May 30, 2024 4:55 PM

Also funny that Tony and Genie's birthdays are three days apart, though he turned 15 three days after she was born. Jonathan Jackson was born May 11th, 1982 while Becky Herbst was born May 12th, 1977

by Anonymousreply 595May 30, 2024 4:59 PM

Wow. Tony Geary somehow looks completely different.

Granted, its been nine years since we last saw him on screen regularly, but I don't think I would have recognized him without some identifying him beforehand.

by Anonymousreply 596May 30, 2024 5:34 PM

R596 Completely different, in like a good or bad way? Slightly older, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 597May 30, 2024 6:38 PM

r597. Didn't recognize him. Would not have recognized him if someone hadn't IDed him first.

Of course, he also looks older. It's been 9 years since we've seen him regularly.

by Anonymousreply 598May 30, 2024 6:42 PM

R598 I see what you mean.

by Anonymousreply 599May 30, 2024 6:50 PM

This thread is done

by Anonymousreply 600May 30, 2024 6:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!