Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Susan Backlinie (JAWS) is DEAD TO ME!

She was his first meal!

Will Lorraine Gary be commenting?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 19, 2024 5:15 PM

Susan Buckner on Tuesday, and now Susan Backlinie. Susan Boyle next?

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2024 5:30 AM

Probably from the back injuries she sustained shooting the thing!

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2024 5:31 AM

Q: How do we know she had dandruff?

A: Because they found her Head & Shoulders on the beach!

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2024 5:37 AM

What the fuck kind of name is BACKLINIE?

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2024 5:47 AM

[quote]r1 Susan Buckner on Tuesday, and now Susan Backlinie. Susan Boyle next?

Susan Blakely has gone into hiding.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2024 10:02 AM

I remember a schoolteacher telling me when I was about 7 or 8 that the actress playing Jaws’ first victim had really been killed. But not to worry as she’d been paid a lot of money so now her family was walking around dripping in gold and jewels.

My teacher died suddenly from a brain tumour over 20 years ago.

RIP Susan Backline, and RIP Mrs Williams.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2024 9:19 PM

Her death scene is one the all time greats.

RRRRIIPP.

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2024 9:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2024 9:29 PM

My mother knew Susan in the 70s. They were good friends and worked together training wild animals for movies. They had a falling out when Susie became envious of the attention my mom received from a fellow (male) coworker, and so instructed her tiger to attack my mom. (Yes, true story). The tiger pounced on her and tore her neck open, nearly killing her and requiring emergency surgery. Susie claimed it was an accident and that the animal got away from her, but multiple people saw her give the signal to attack. That was the end of my mom’s career as a trainer, and the end of her friendship with Susie.

Susie got the role in Jaws because she was a strong swimmer and had worked for years as a professional mermaid in an aquatic show. When my mom went and saw the film, she was thrilled to see the woman who’d attempted to have her murdered devoured by a great white shark. To this day, she says she’s grateful to Steven Spielberg for giving her that “gift.”

by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2024 9:34 PM

r9 ... wins.

by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2024 10:18 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2024 10:43 PM

Drunk.

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2024 10:44 PM

She was drunk as a skunk at a convention I attended.

by Anonymousreply 13May 12, 2024 11:10 PM

Bravo to some excellent acting because I still have a problem going in water where I can't see my feet. Well done Susan, well done.

by Anonymousreply 14May 13, 2024 2:00 AM

Someone told me the actress playing the first victim was Walter Cronkite’s daughter.

by Anonymousreply 15May 13, 2024 6:33 AM

No but Walter Cronkite’s daughter was in Network as the Patty Hearst terrorist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 13, 2024 6:48 AM

She was quite attractive when younger. Alcohol ravaged her looks.

by Anonymousreply 17May 13, 2024 8:20 PM

We used to reenact that scene in the pool all the time when we were kids.

by Anonymousreply 18May 13, 2024 8:54 PM

All those nerdy 70s directors needed to punish pretty girls for being sexual because they wouldn't date them in high school. If they stripped to their bra and panties; had sex; went skinnydipping... they got brutally murdered.

by Anonymousreply 19May 13, 2024 9:26 PM

She is Trump trash.

by Anonymousreply 20July 19, 2024 4:58 PM

Always thought she was UGLY. Was happy she got eaten by a big fat shark

by Anonymousreply 21July 19, 2024 4:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 19, 2024 5:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 19, 2024 5:04 PM

She is too old to be wearing her hair that long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 19, 2024 5:07 PM

Look like a man!

by Anonymousreply 25July 19, 2024 5:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!