Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anita Baker cancels Atlanta concert minutes before it was supposed to start

The Black Auntie Brigade on Twitter is NOT having it.

Not on MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND!

What will Anita's excuse be?

by Anonymousreply 172July 23, 2024 6:15 PM

Link, OP you fat fuck

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2024 12:08 AM

I loved her.

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2024 12:14 AM

Since you asked so lovingly, r1 ...

[quote]Event organizers blamed "unforeseen circumstances" just minutes before the event was supposed to start. They did not detail what those circumstances were.

There are some mad black women of a certain age over on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2024 12:15 AM

The proper DL terminology is FAT WHORE.

Please make a note of it.

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2024 12:16 AM

[quote] There are some mad black women of a certain age over on Twitter.

Isn’t that pretty much every hour on Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2024 12:18 AM

The Ozempic* gave her the sharts.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2024 12:18 AM

R6 GIVING YOU THE BEST THAT I SHART

BAY-BEEEE

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2024 12:19 AM

Testify!

[quote]Wait till yall find out Anita Baker is the biggest bitch there is with a stick up her ass 💀💀 This shit not surprising because my mom encountered her at a cafe here in Detroit and she was very disgusting for literally no reason 💀

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2024 12:20 AM

[quote]My thing is, Anita Baker likely knew she wasn’t performing the day before. Hours before. Word on the street is she’s not even in the STATE. Got time to go back and forth with babyface on the internet but not to communicate with PAYING fans. On MOTHERS DAY weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2024 12:22 AM

A good Anita Baker thread rivals a J.Lo or Sharon Stone thread.

I’m expecting greatness from you all.

by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2024 12:26 AM

Does she slap people?

by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2024 12:34 AM

She's at the Trump rally.

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2024 12:36 AM

Baker's been a huge cunt for years. There's notorious stories about her and Luther V trying to out diva and out cunt each other.

She may have had some talent at one time but the bitch can't handle her money, her grudges or her voice.

by Anonymousreply 13May 12, 2024 12:37 AM

Huge cunt and definitely mentally ill. She recently made some co workers of mine lives a living hell for an extended period of time for no reason at all. All they were doing was trying to help her.

by Anonymousreply 14May 12, 2024 12:52 AM

Her ex husband must’ve left skid marks on the doorstep when he fled from her ass…

by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2024 12:58 AM

Ripped all her costumes to shreds trying to get them around that drooping girthiness.

Again.

by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2024 1:03 AM

R14. Give us some details. It sounds like you have an interesting story.

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2024 1:04 AM

"I'm PISSED! I been waitin' since January and her bald-headed ass CANCEL THE CONCERT!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2024 1:07 AM

[quote]Funny how the key memory of Anita Baker being a bitch to my mom was the fact my mom said her breath was on 10 when she put her book down 😭💀💀

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2024 1:16 AM

[quote] The proper DL terminology is FAT WHORE.

Exactly. Show some respect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2024 1:27 AM

Doing the ATL aunties dirty on Mothers Day weekend! Shameless!

by Anonymousreply 21May 12, 2024 1:31 AM

And they called ME a cunt!

At least I never neglected or abused my fans.

by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2024 1:38 AM

She got caught up in the rapture and couldn’t get out.

by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2024 1:41 AM

[quote] A good Anita Baker thread rivals a J.Lo or Sharon Stone thread.

Only when Miss Warwick chimes in.

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2024 1:44 AM

You KNOW the apology will include "giving you the best that I've got," like "I can't perform unless I'm giving you the best that I've got."

by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2024 1:46 AM

Leave me out of any discussion of this ratchet bitch.

I still show up!

by Anonymousreply 26May 12, 2024 1:46 AM

[quote]Baker's been a huge cunt for years. There's notorious stories about her and Luther V trying to out diva and out cunt each other.

Anita and Luther did a tour together where they both had equal billing. She did her set first, then he came out. When Luther got on the stage he would say "thank you to my OPENING ACT, Anita Baker." Anita was livid.

They were both insane bitches on that tour and hated each other.

by Anonymousreply 27May 12, 2024 1:46 AM

Anita annoys me almost as much as Diane.

by Anonymousreply 28May 12, 2024 3:41 AM

She's losing the aunties ...

[quote]Y’all… Anita Baker cancelled her show minutes before it was supposed to start and my aunty (who’s at the arena for the show) texted the family group chat and said “this why she was always getting cheated on, she’s an unreliable bitch” OMG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 12, 2024 4:23 AM

Oh god, please don't tell me Luther was as.much of a cunt as Anita Baker. My heart won't be able to take it.

by Anonymousreply 30May 12, 2024 6:13 AM

[quote] 'Luther got on the stage he would say "thank you to my OPENING ACT, Anita Baker." Anita was livid."

She had a right to be, but this is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 31May 12, 2024 7:41 AM

Anita has bad breath?

by Anonymousreply 32May 12, 2024 7:55 AM

Luther and Anita were both ratchet bitches

by Anonymousreply 33May 12, 2024 7:57 AM

Another Anita B. who turned out to be a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 34May 12, 2024 10:18 AM

Uhm... Maybe the promoters didn't have her money? Afterall, this is Atlanta (Y'all who know, know what I'm talking about)

If that is the circumstance, then my question for the room/thread; What should a performer do?

This is why I like Miss Ross (who was also in Atlanta and her show got RAVE reviews), because she requires that half her fee be paid upfront weeks or months before the concert date and then the remainder during the halftime of her show. While the audience is enjoying the show and singing "Ease On Down The Road", Ross is easin' on back to rafters to collect the rest of her money. If there is no money then she just eases herself on out the door of the venue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 12, 2024 11:18 AM

If it was because she wasn’t paid, then she should have gone on social media and said so. She’s on there every time she’s feuding with someone running her mouth.

She was cursing her fans out at a show recently over some nonsense.

She’s just difficult.

by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2024 5:01 PM

She also had the feud with Babyface very recently.

by Anonymousreply 37May 12, 2024 5:23 PM

All the old bitches are just not what they used to be.

Patti's about to turn 80 - apparently forgetting most of her lyrics these days.

Gladys had to sit down and cry, one of her own songs had her in her feelings.

Miss Warwick.....well, enough said.

Re is dead, and so is Anna Mae.

by Anonymousreply 38May 12, 2024 8:10 PM

[quote]If it was because she wasn’t paid, then she should have gone on social media and said so.

I don't know about that. You don't burn bridges.

Although...

I've been doing a little reading on Miss Baker and apparently, she has canceled shows before in a willy-nilly fashion. Therefore, it seems that she is unreliable. But to cancel a show at the very last minute on Mother's Day weekend and in Atlanta? I'd say stick a fork in her. She's done. That was a faux pas beyond a faux pas'. Unless her daddy, momma, and/or child died... nuh-uh... you don't do that. Forget the excitement over the concert but people got dressed, traveled, planned dinner, etc to only be told at the very last minute that there is no show? A ticket refund isn't enough recompensation. She's gonna pay for this.

by Anonymousreply 39May 12, 2024 8:23 PM

[quote]All the old bitches are just not what they used to be.

[quote]Patti's about to turn 80 - apparently forgetting most of her lyrics these days.

Well, the heifer rolling all over the floors all of these years and hitting her head probably addled her brain. Aside from that, I think she puts too much storage in her own publicity and actually thinks that she is "somebody". No one knows who this heifer is except for the Blacks and the gays...

[quote]Gladys had to sit down and cry, one of her own songs had her in her feelings.

Another divorce or problems with her no good children.

[quote]Miss Warwick.....well, enough said.

I thought she was doing a "Farewell" tour? When is the last show and she finally says farewell?

[quote]Re is dead,

Is the family still fighting over the money? I mean... fighting over what's left of it?

[quote]and so is Anna Mae.

One of the very few who did it right. She retired to enjoy her remaining years and referred fans and admirers over to YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 40May 12, 2024 8:33 PM

Back in the late '80s, my cousin and her husband went to see Anita and Luther in concert and were basically the only white people in the stadium.

by Anonymousreply 41May 12, 2024 8:34 PM

R41 That wasn’t enough to share, sweetie. You tried, though!

by Anonymousreply 42May 12, 2024 8:35 PM

Thanks, R42. I'll do better!

by Anonymousreply 43May 12, 2024 8:36 PM

[quote]Back in the late '80s, my cousin and her husband went to see Anita and Luther in concert and were basically the only white people in the stadium.

Well... what's your point? If a minority (particular Black) go to see Led Zepplin, The Who, Rolling Stones, et alia, they're usually the only ones there among a sea of Whites. What do you want? Sympathy or a cookie?

by Anonymousreply 44May 12, 2024 8:39 PM

Neither. They, and we, were surprised, that's all, because plenty of white people listen to both artists. But apparently they don't go to their concerts (or didn't 35 years ago).

by Anonymousreply 45May 12, 2024 8:47 PM

I went to see Glass Tiger and Journey and I could count the number of black folks there on my hand, myself included.

by Anonymousreply 46May 12, 2024 8:54 PM

There were tons of white listeners to Anita during the era of smooth jazz and the ratings will show that.

by Anonymousreply 47May 12, 2024 8:59 PM

Ahem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 12, 2024 9:00 PM

OMG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 12, 2024 9:02 PM

Miss Baker suffers from crippling stage fright before every performance. It might take her 2 or 3 hours to get mentally prepared to go on stage, but if she can't get herself together, she'll cancel at the last minute. She's done this before. Sometimes she'll take her frustrations out on crew, colleagues, and even the audience. She might be a vocal talent, but she just wasn't built to be a performer.

by Anonymousreply 50May 12, 2024 9:27 PM

I still love her live "Sweet Love"

It will always be one of my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 51May 12, 2024 9:43 PM

Is she from one of those colored voodoo Islands?

by Anonymousreply 52May 12, 2024 9:53 PM

"Who wants to see that ol' screech owl anyways?"

by Anonymousreply 53May 12, 2024 9:55 PM

R39 Anita nuked her own career years ago, There’s a reason she hasn’t recorded anything in twenty years. No one wants to work with her.

That so many of her R and B peers publicly sided with Babyface during that dustup last year speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 54May 12, 2024 10:09 PM

Caught up in the rapture is a gorgeous song.

She’s had money problems for years I think she’s had mechanics liens lawsuits from people who worked on her house and she didn’t pay. I’m not sure if she any choice other than to tour to pay off creditors and build some kind of funds for a nest egg when she does retire.

I think the only opening act/co headliner Luther got along well with was Vanessa Williams.

by Anonymousreply 55May 12, 2024 10:19 PM

[quote]Miss Baker suffers from crippling stage fright before every performance. It might take her 2 or 3 hours to get mentally prepared to go on stage, but if she can't get herself together, she'll cancel at the last minute.

Then don't tour. There are MANY performers who suffer stage fright (ie Barbara Streisand is one of many) but they are professional and know how to work through that and go on and DO THEIR JOB! I "get" the creative process and whatnot, but this is their job. If they can't do it, then quit and don't do it. To me, it's very disrespectful to audiences to get into some type of funk where an entertainer (their job) cannot go on. What's the idiom? "The show MUST go on"! Can there be exceptions? Yes. One that comes to my mind is when Bob Hope canceled a show at the last minute once he learned of Bing Crosby's death. He said something to the effect of "I can't be funny tonight". Anyway, those exceptions should be far in between.

To build a reputation of unreliability when there are so many people depending upon one to come through is just inexcusable.

by Anonymousreply 56May 12, 2024 10:45 PM

[quote]There’s a reason she hasn’t recorded anything in twenty years.

I'll give her break on that one. The music industry has changed so much that if one is not walking through the door with guaranteed sales then many record companies don't want to deal with you. Now, if the issue is that no one wants to WORK (and that's the operative word) with her because she is so difficult then that another story entirely.

by Anonymousreply 57May 12, 2024 10:49 PM

She should change her name to Anita Makeup-Date.

by Anonymousreply 58May 12, 2024 10:54 PM

It’s the cocaine. She’s too old. She should know better.

by Anonymousreply 59May 12, 2024 11:07 PM

Honey if it were coke she'd be bursting out on stage loving the audience, voguing and dancing to the band - but not singing like she's supposed to - Natalie style.

by Anonymousreply 60May 12, 2024 11:26 PM

Any person who was a fan in the 80s with common sense gave up on her 30 years ago. She’s useless and washed up, hasn’t been relevant or interesting in nearly 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 61May 12, 2024 11:27 PM

Natalie Cole was basically a crack whore for years and she always got on stage in spite of that.

by Anonymousreply 62May 12, 2024 11:28 PM

I have a question for many of you who might/definitely know the answer; Are the band and backup singers still paid when a performer cancels?

by Anonymousreply 63May 12, 2024 11:29 PM

[quote] She should change her name to Anita Makeup-Date.

Judging by recent photos she should change her name to Anita Zempic.

by Anonymousreply 64May 12, 2024 11:29 PM

[quote]Natalie Cole was basically a crack whore for years and she always got on stage in spite of that.

THAT'S A PROFESSIONAL!

by Anonymousreply 65May 12, 2024 11:30 PM

Dated article (2015) but you get the drift.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 12, 2024 11:56 PM

[quote]She got caught up in the rapture and couldn’t get out.

Caught up in the ratchet, more like.

Shit.

by Anonymousreply 67May 13, 2024 12:06 AM

I knew Miss Warwick would eventually grace us with her presence.

Get the offering baskets out!

by Anonymousreply 68May 13, 2024 12:26 AM

Can't quite get it, can you, R26 and R67?

Where's my trademark class and style? The trouble with drag impersonators is that they click their own WWs (Is that what they call it?) and assume that flaring their nostrils are enough for mere tucker cunts.

Enough for a defamation lawsuit, maybe.

As for Anita, I shall only add to my previous comment on R16 is that she re-tired once before and maybe she should have trusted her opinion. Or asked mine. She's so sloppy and out of shape they're going to need to just pour her into a barrel and wheel it to the corner of the pizza joint or wherever she's "appearing." Sad to need the money - any money - that bad. Especially when the diners assume it's a trash can with a sick pussy caught in it howling.

Still, I did like her hit. I think. Whatever it was. So long ago.

by Anonymousreply 69May 13, 2024 1:31 AM

[quote]One of the very few who did it right. She retired to enjoy her remaining years and referred fans and admirers over to YouTube.

Grace Slick did the same thing as Tina. She said she was getting too old to be on a rock and roll stage and decided to retire because she thought she was starting to look pathetic.

It's refreshing when celebrities have no ego or narcissism and know when it's time to bow out gracefully with their dignity intact.

by Anonymousreply 70May 13, 2024 1:45 AM

Sweet Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 71May 13, 2024 1:54 AM

Slick retired at 50, turner at 70. Anita isn’t a rock star that puts on a strenuous stage show. There’s plenty of female singers who still sounded good and put on great shows into their 60s and 70s.

Unlike slick and Turner, Anita baker can’t afford to retire.

by Anonymousreply 72May 13, 2024 2:55 AM

Bitch owes me money!

by Anonymousreply 73May 13, 2024 3:18 AM

Re-tired?

That's what Miss Franklin had to have done to her Chrysler Imperial stretch when she landed on the seat hard the night after one too many clucker buckets.

Pow pow pow BOOM!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 74May 13, 2024 3:22 AM

Will Hatenita become the new Hateretha?

by Anonymousreply 75May 13, 2024 3:24 AM

[quote]Judging by recent photos she should change her name to Anita Zempic.

OH! I finally got it! "I need a zempic" LOL!!! It has only taken me 2 days...

This just makes the situation worse. Anita Baker is a "girls night out" type of performer/performance. Similar to Marvin Gaye where the girls all get together for food, gossip, drinks, and fun. Baker appeals to the African-American woman of a certain age, whose body show a bit of a pouch/belly and they're now a size 14 rather than the cute and pert size 3 they were when younger. These women have raised their children, and some are now becoming grandmothers. They can relate to Baker because she looks like them and is around the same age. So, for a few hours (just a few hours) they can all spend a few hours together listening, singing, and enjoying beautiful songs that bring back many memories of their younger years before having to return to the rut of their realities. Just a few hours...

Anita robbed them of those relaxing moments

by Anonymousreply 76May 13, 2024 10:42 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 13, 2024 10:58 AM

She’s only 66? Looks as old as Dionne.

by Anonymousreply 78May 13, 2024 11:11 AM

Oof, that grill!

by Anonymousreply 79May 13, 2024 11:15 AM

Anita Baldheaded Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 80May 13, 2024 11:21 AM

Saw her at Radio City in 2019 which was supposedly her final tour/show...

by Anonymousreply 81May 13, 2024 11:52 AM

r76

I need Ozempic

Yes, the old Anita jokes. Anita Mann, Anita Job, Anita Dick, Anita Quit........

Or alternate, Anita's sister Shenita. Shenita Job, Shenita Quit........

by Anonymousreply 82May 13, 2024 12:55 PM

Her teefus are looking like a cleaning is needed.

by Anonymousreply 83May 13, 2024 3:23 PM

R82, Uneeda Life.

by Anonymousreply 84May 13, 2024 4:03 PM

LOL Miss Warwick....you tried it.

Uneeda Financial Advisor........

by Anonymousreply 85May 13, 2024 4:09 PM

Go read the comments on Lipstick Alley:-)

by Anonymousreply 86May 13, 2024 5:34 PM

I told y'all that Anita's a shady ass bitch. Bitch never changes.

by Anonymousreply 87May 13, 2024 6:21 PM

Happy Mother's Day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 13, 2024 6:29 PM

Fat bitch

by Anonymousreply 89May 13, 2024 6:54 PM

Bald headed hoe.

by Anonymousreply 90May 13, 2024 7:35 PM

Her wig game is sad.

by Anonymousreply 91May 13, 2024 7:57 PM

Well, she DID give them all a chance to buy her merch, so there´s that!

by Anonymousreply 92May 13, 2024 8:49 PM

R88 made me piss my panties

by Anonymousreply 93May 13, 2024 9:00 PM

(starts at the 2:06/07 mark)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 14, 2024 10:06 AM

Why was she fighting with Babyface?

by Anonymousreply 95May 14, 2024 10:58 AM

[quote]Why was she fighting with Babyface?

Basically, spending too much time on social media. It was about a concert that had technical difficulties and to keep everything within contract Babyface's set was cut and only Baker performed. The Babyface fans went apoplectic and then Baker went apoplectic as she read and answered attacks on social media which resulted in her firing Babyface from the tour.

by Anonymousreply 96May 14, 2024 11:34 AM

Thanks r96. This is why celebrities should never read the comments.

by Anonymousreply 97May 14, 2024 11:40 AM

I recalled it as Anita fighting with Darkchild’s fans and was in confusion.

Got my producers all mixed up.

by Anonymousreply 98May 14, 2024 11:42 AM

She always been a control freak. She is supposed to be a nightmare during recording sessions.

by Anonymousreply 99May 14, 2024 11:53 AM

Babyface were quite pissed and rightfully so. A big part of the tickets sales were due to his name even though he is the opening act. Babyface is a bigger star than Anita Baker and I bigger household name among the general public. He is just not a performer and Greta deal of the songs he would perform would be those written for other artists. But I know in many cities outside the east coast and LA she was using him to sell those tickets.

by Anonymousreply 100May 14, 2024 12:01 PM

Well, that's just it, R100. Ego(s) come into play. I never understood why some of these performers have opening (or whatever else you want to call them) acts in the first place. Maybe production costs have become so expensive that many entertainers cannot draw in enough ticket sales to cover costs alone and need another "headliner" to help with boosting those ticket sales. I was surprised that Luther Vandross had "opening" acts towards the end of his career. I had the opportunity to see him several times as a solo act and it was always a fantastic show but maybe his show alone was not enough of a draw that would make the required coins to cover costs and make a profit. From my readings, he was HORRIFIC towards the many other acts that appeared with him.

In this instance, Babyface's hands are not clean either. He threw in his digs towards Baker on a number of occasions. She referred to him as the opening act and he would say things like half the audience would leave the venue after he performed.

by Anonymousreply 101May 14, 2024 12:23 PM

I read R10 at 5:15 AM and laughed so loud that my cat AND dog left the room. They were as pissed as the Anita fans.

by Anonymousreply 102May 14, 2024 12:24 PM

R101 my point exactly. Half the audiences were leaving after his set 😆. I don’t know why they didn’t just do a co-headlining tour. Often times when a big opening act comes about is because the original artist was struggling to sell tickets at the size of venues they wanted in the original tour and the big star opening act was added later on. But so much of the original tour had already been planned. It’s not just egos. It’s the logistics of it all.

by Anonymousreply 103May 14, 2024 12:29 PM

Mmph...

Unfortunately, I cannot access the article because it is paywalled but the "vengeance shall be mine saith Atlanta" articles are beginning to drop. This was a HUGE mistake by Baker! Maybe she could have pulled this off somewhere else but during Mother's Day and in Atlanta? I don't think many crisis teams would take this job and attempt to fix this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104May 14, 2024 12:49 PM

If she announced a concert tomorrow in Atlanta, she'd sell it out again.. it's ok, Neets, you gonna be fine...

by Anonymousreply 105May 14, 2024 1:33 PM

^No ma'am, no sir! Most of those women got their hair did (or, bought new hair), bought new outfits, used up gas, some rented hotel rooms, all for the Mother's Day weekend...and on top of that paid $50 for parking?

Baker is finished in Atlanta

by Anonymousreply 106May 14, 2024 1:41 PM

Because of the audience, I really doubt anyone left after Babyface's set.

by Anonymousreply 107May 14, 2024 1:49 PM

Her sons are handsome young men. Do they suffer from the Jason Gould Syndrome?

by Anonymousreply 108May 14, 2024 2:17 PM

[quote]were basically the only white people in the stadium.

Same with my high school chorus. 12 whites among lots of blacks. We sat together and nicknamed ourselves "a dozen eggs in a mud puddle."

by Anonymousreply 109May 14, 2024 6:39 PM

How ignorant r109. Since mud is considered to be dirty and messy.

by Anonymousreply 110May 14, 2024 7:24 PM

Well to even the score, here in LA, I was the only Asian in the all white audience for Alison Krauss.

by Anonymousreply 111May 14, 2024 7:32 PM

There were only four black kids in my entire high school. Everybody else was white.

by Anonymousreply 112May 14, 2024 7:53 PM

stank

by Anonymousreply 113May 14, 2024 9:04 PM

[quote]How ignorant [R109]. Since mud is considered to be dirty and messy.

And yet, none of us took it that way.

by Anonymousreply 114May 14, 2024 9:40 PM

It's been three days and that heffa still ain't commented or apologized.

by Anonymousreply 115May 14, 2024 9:56 PM

Maybe if you would have said marshmallows in chocolate pudding.

by Anonymousreply 116May 14, 2024 10:27 PM

R114 because you are an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 117May 14, 2024 10:40 PM

We see you hussy! Ratchet-ass bitch.

by Anonymousreply 118May 14, 2024 11:16 PM

She best lift that coffee cup and toast the air again cause bitch won't be appearing anywhere ever again

by Anonymousreply 119May 14, 2024 11:22 PM

[quote]It's been three days and that heffa still ain't commented or apologized.

It's my guess that she is still assessing social media to determine where this is falling publicly. Also, who knows who is suing whom? Her next concert is scheduled for June 30 in Chicago, and then on July 2 in Toronto which leads me back to the following posting;

[quote]All the old bitches are just not what they used to be.

This is VERY true! Most of them hardly work. But Diana Ross works like she has rent to pay! This is an 80year old woman!

May 14, 2024 Portland, ME Merrill Auditorium

May 16, 2024 Boston, MA Boch Center Wang Theatre

May 17, 2024 Newark, NJ New Jersey Performing Arts Center

May 18, 2024 Niagara Falls, ON OLG Stage at Fallsview Casino

June 27, 2024 Morrison, CO Red Rocks Amphitheatre

Aug 10, 2024 Skanderborg, DK Smukfest 2024

Aug 11, 2024 Amsterdam, NL Ziggo Dome

Aug 23, 2024 Saratoga, CA The Mountain Winery

Aug 24, 2024 (New!) Reno, NV Grand Sierra Resort Theatre

Aug 25, 2024 (New!) Wheatland, CA Hard Rock Live Sacramento

Aug 31, 2024 Fool In Love Festival, CA Hollywood Park at SoFi Stadium

Oct 21, 2024 Newport News, VA Ferguson Center for the Arts

Oct 22, 2024 Richmond, VA Altria Theater

Oct 27, 2024 (New!) Englewood, NJ Bergen Performing Arts Center

by Anonymousreply 120May 14, 2024 11:35 PM

And Diana Ross is rich AF. She doesn't need to work at all. She does it because she loves it.

by Anonymousreply 121May 14, 2024 11:41 PM

R120, the June 30th Chicago concert was in 2023.

by Anonymousreply 122May 14, 2024 11:44 PM

Luther's tour with Anita and Luther's tour with En Vogue are both legendary for their cuntiness.

by Anonymousreply 123May 15, 2024 12:24 AM

Bitch stole my act!

by Anonymousreply 124May 15, 2024 2:08 AM

I just love "Anita Baker is a cunt" stories.

by Anonymousreply 125May 15, 2024 2:10 AM

[quote] But Diana Ross works like she has rent to pay!

DIANE probably has some DUI tickets to pay. And besides, she doesn't really "perform." She whispercoos and talk-sings through a whole bunch of songs and hits a note every once in a while all while balancing that heinous Chia Pet ass lookin' wig on her head. Whoop-de-do.

If someone wants to pay a few hundred bucks to listen to that bitch talk, sing a note or two every once in a while and show photos of that frog eyed daughter of hers, go right ahead. Miss me with that bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 126May 15, 2024 3:10 AM

Seriously Mary. Doesn't she just lip synch the entire show? I saw a number she did in Vegas and it was clearly pre recorded.

by Anonymousreply 127May 15, 2024 3:34 AM

You sissy heathens, leave me the fuck alone! I mind MAH bid'ness and don't bother nobody! Don't blame me that some broke ass aunties in Atlanta got upset because I caught the gout and canceled my concert at the last minute. My health and well-being come first!

They should feel privileged that I'm still performing for them. Anyway, I'll pray for y'all and hope you have a little more compassion when you reach my age.

Blessings,

ABXO

by Anonymousreply 128May 15, 2024 3:45 AM

R128 They calling you No Way Nita.

No one's ever gonna pay to watch your fat ass sing again!

by Anonymousreply 129May 15, 2024 3:54 AM

[quote]DIANE probably has some DUI tickets to pay. And besides, she doesn't really "perform." She whispercoos and talk-sings through a whole bunch of songs and hits a note every once in a while all while balancing that heinous Chia Pet ass lookin' wig on her head. Whoop-de-do.

To book Diana Ross is in the starting range of $300,000-$499,000.

(Miss Ross continues to file and buff her nails)

by Anonymousreply 130May 15, 2024 12:23 PM

Anita Faker

by Anonymousreply 131May 15, 2024 12:25 PM

Diana isn’t having cash flow problems? That was a rumor not long ago.

by Anonymousreply 132May 15, 2024 12:52 PM

Diana has multiples homes, I doubt she's worried about money.

by Anonymousreply 133May 15, 2024 12:56 PM

Maybe the ho finally did caught up in the rapture a la some real life Stranger Things shit.

by Anonymousreply 134May 15, 2024 1:17 PM

[quote]Diana isn’t having cash flow problems? That was a rumor not long ago. Diana has multiples homes, I doubt she's worried about money.

Maybe because she bought a place in Miami for $15.5M only 2 years ago only to place it on the market for $17.9M? If you ask me if that was an investment property and if she gets her price it would be a very nice return for a 2-year investment. Shrewd! Very shrewd!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135May 15, 2024 1:28 PM

That Diane bitch still can't sing.

Let me go on stage, toss my hair back and say "Thank you. Thank you very much!" Now where's MY fee?

by Anonymousreply 136May 15, 2024 2:08 PM

Diana never had the greatest voice but there was something about it that appealed to the masses.

by Anonymousreply 137May 15, 2024 4:19 PM

[quote] Diana never had the greatest voice but there was something about it that appealed to the masses.

She taught me EVERYTHING I know...

by Anonymousreply 138May 15, 2024 6:40 PM

Cunt move.

by Anonymousreply 139May 15, 2024 9:11 PM

!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 140May 15, 2024 11:04 PM

Like DL saint Karen Carpenter, Diana Ross was blessed with a tiny but lovely and distinct sound.

by Anonymousreply 141May 16, 2024 11:31 AM

Living in Atlanta I can tell you she pulled the most Atlanta thing on Atlanta and personally I find it hilarious 😂🤣😂🤣

by Anonymousreply 142May 16, 2024 11:38 AM

I get your meaning, R142! That's why I asked waaay back in this thread if she canceled because the promoters did not have her money right.

by Anonymousreply 143May 16, 2024 11:48 AM

R141 I wouldn’t say Karen Carpenter had a tiny voice.

Karen was a fantastic singer and had a strong voice. Diana Ross has a distinctive and nice voice, but as you say tiny.

by Anonymousreply 144May 16, 2024 12:32 PM

[quote]That Diane bitch still can't sing. Let me go on stage, toss my hair back and say "Thank you. Thank you very much!" Now where's MY fee?

Jealousy... Such an ugly, ugly, trait...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145May 16, 2024 2:01 PM

Frog eyed bitch!

by Anonymousreply 146May 16, 2024 2:11 PM

From Randy Schmidt’s biography of Carpenter: “Karen was a mic singer,” recalls Allyn Ferguson, who served as a musical supervisor on the series. He remembers her to be quite shy and says she sang very close to the microphone with a “tiny” voice. “She would have never been OK on a musical stage,” he says. “You would not be able to hear her at all if you were thirty or forty feet away because she didn’t project at all. She understood how to sing on a microphone, and that brought a sort of intimacy to everything she did.”

by Anonymousreply 147May 16, 2024 6:57 PM

Musical stages have body mikes now.

by Anonymousreply 148May 16, 2024 7:03 PM

It's almost been a week and radio silence from La Baker.

I do feel bad for all the aunties who spent hundreds on flights, hotels, restaurants, and of course HAIR only to have their weekends ruined.

by Anonymousreply 149May 16, 2024 7:14 PM

^^It was such a shitty thing to do. Unless it was some kind of life-threatening emergency, Anita was a total cunt to cancel a show on such a special occassion that people traveled for and spent a shit ton of money on.

by Anonymousreply 150May 16, 2024 7:23 PM

[quote]It's almost been a week and radio silence from La Baker.

Crisis management.

by Anonymousreply 151May 16, 2024 7:25 PM

I don’t think Diana Ross has money issues but I think she’s accustomed to a lifestyle that is very expensive to maintain so she continues to tour. A lot of older/classic artists do this. Also Ross didn’t get a big chunk of money until nearly 20 years into her career.

by Anonymousreply 152May 16, 2024 7:35 PM

Didn't Diane get a big chunk of Arnie Naess' loot? I think she tours to prove she's still a star. Some people just live for the applause and the limelight. If you worked hard for it, why not?

by Anonymousreply 153May 16, 2024 7:55 PM

[quote]I don’t think Diana Ross has money issues but I think she’s accustomed to a lifestyle that is very expensive to maintain so she continues to tour.

It's her money. She works hard for it. Therefore, she should spend it as she sees fit. According to reports her spending was a reason for her marriage dissolution with Arne Naess. Ross doesn't like the presidential suite for her overnight stays. She likes fully staffed castles and chateaus!

by Anonymousreply 154May 16, 2024 8:04 PM

[quote] I think she tours to prove she's still a star. Some people just live for the applause and the limelight.

I tell ya... you queens who can't stand Diana Ross. You're the ones who are still moaning and groaning that she killed Florence Ballard, Mary and fucked her way to the top--a now 80-year old woman that's pretty much been on top for over 50 years. Ross must have some miracle pussy! Yet, you're in love with that fat heifer that rolls all over a stage floor that has been known on more than one occasion to slap people (including children), throw bottles at people, etc

Ross just sings her songs, collects her money, and spends it wherever she see fit. She lives her life.

by Anonymousreply 155May 16, 2024 8:18 PM

[quote]I think she tours to prove she's still a star. Some people just live for the applause and the limelight

If the tickets weren't selling, then there would never be any touring.

by Anonymousreply 156May 16, 2024 8:20 PM

Mavis Staples is still going at it strong and blows all these bitches out of the water. If you get a chance to see her definitely do it. Also having got to meet her she is absolutely one of the kindest and most gracious celebrities I've ever met.

by Anonymousreply 157May 16, 2024 8:32 PM

R157, it's so nice you appreciate a second stringer like Mavis and that the fact she was nice to you means she's a fucking angel of the Lord.

Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 158May 16, 2024 10:35 PM

R149 Ironically all that money spent on hair and Anita Bald Headed Baker don’t even have none.

by Anonymousreply 159May 16, 2024 10:43 PM

[quote] Ross just WHISPER COOS her songs…

FIXED

by Anonymousreply 160May 16, 2024 10:58 PM

R158 oh fuck off. There is nothing second string about her. Asswipe.

by Anonymousreply 161May 17, 2024 12:55 AM

Imagine lots.of r158, and that was aughties DL.

by Anonymousreply 162May 17, 2024 2:21 AM

But, is she a good baker? Can she bake a good pie?

by Anonymousreply 163May 17, 2024 3:26 PM

[quote]But, is she a good baker? Can she bake a good pie?

Sheeeet...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164May 17, 2024 8:38 PM

The sad thing is that for most of the "great hoo-hoo talents" mentioned here they just have a smell of too many perfumes, too little dry cleaning, and Preparation H around them. Re was no rose blossom - fuck no - but you saw how she re-coiled from Patti Poo at the White House that time. Re wasn't being a bitch. She just couldn't take the stank.

Shit. How did I lose a week? WHERE did I lose a fucking week?

Luckily, I took the month off from my heavy schedule of entertaining and inspiring. So gratifying to be in such dee-mand in my Bronze Age.

by Anonymousreply 165May 24, 2024 1:35 AM

Still no statement?

by Anonymousreply 166June 4, 2024 6:17 AM

[quote] I don’t think Diana Ross has money issues but I think she’s accustomed to a lifestyle that is very expensive to maintain

Tell me about it.

by Anonymousreply 167June 4, 2024 11:03 AM

[quote] Mavis Staples is still going at it strong and blows all these bitches out of the water

I saw her perform at a blues festival. She blew all the younger acts out of the water, except for Jimmy Cliff and his dancing. And Tom Jones, of course.

by Anonymousreply 168June 4, 2024 11:05 AM

[quote]I don’t think Diana Ross has money issues but I think she’s accustomed to a lifestyle that is very expensive to maintain

What I find interesting is that while many of her contemporaries (and some younger) are slowing down, ie the "Farewell Tours", Ross seems to maintain a steady and heavy work schedule and maintain her booking fees! She's an 80year old woman now and she's not missing out on those dollars! I read recently that she no longer looks at her shows as work (it runs itself now) and that she receives her fun and joy in just performing. She hasn't had to resort to reality shows, interviews, "Farewell Tours" scams, product endorsements, or other streams of income. As she said... she just loves to sing and the energy of a live audience.

by Anonymousreply 169June 4, 2024 12:52 PM

Bitch still needs to get her stuff on streaming. What gives?

by Anonymousreply 170July 23, 2024 5:57 PM

I just got out of a month gig in east Montana and there wasn't any re-liable phone service. Or electricity. Or supply.

I didn't miss the funeral, did I?

I know it MUST be close.

Mavis? Well, get the dose right for her and she'll do the wild thing all night. And, no, Diane has never missed out on a dollar. Expecially if it belongs to someone else. Poor Mary.

by Anonymousreply 171July 23, 2024 6:04 PM

r170 she's way behind the times. She won't even allow remixes. Sade found a whole new audience with house remixes of her music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172July 23, 2024 6:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!