Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Catholic priest reprimanded for novel TMI Easter sermon declaring Jesus died with a stiffy

Did you say resurrection? The Catholic priest and the shock sermon

A Catholic priest in Co Durham has kept his job despite complaints from parishioners about the “vulgar” sermon he delivered over the Easter weekend.

Father Thomas McHale, the priest at Our Blessed Lady Immaculate in Blackhill, Consett, shocked parishioners when he took to the pulpit on Good Friday and told the congregation that Jesus had died with an erection. The local diocese investigated, and upheld a complaint into his conduct.

McHale, 53, who is from America, is understood to have told the congregation, estimated at between 75 and 100 Catholic residents of the former industrial village, that a result of the violent execution method of crucifixion was that blood would have rushed to his lower body.

A parishioner said that the comments were shocking. “He told people Jesus died with an erection,” they said. “The church was shocked. There were young families there.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2024 9:42 PM

I forgot to say pictures are included.

by Anonymousreply 1May 11, 2024 9:34 PM

Why would he feel the need to say that....

by Anonymousreply 2May 11, 2024 9:41 PM

If he hasn't sexually abused anyone I laugh and laugh. I could even talk to this guy.

by Anonymousreply 3May 11, 2024 9:41 PM

The article is not clear whether he used the word "erection" in addition to the description of the violence and physiology of crucifixion. Regardless, weird thing to bring up.

by Anonymousreply 4May 11, 2024 9:48 PM

At least he's fantasizing about a dead man and not a live boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 11, 2024 9:49 PM

He is arisen!

And I'm just the dame that proved it.

by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2024 9:52 PM

Wait, he had a pulsating hard-on? That’s DISGUSTING.

Tell me more please

by Anonymousreply 7May 11, 2024 9:55 PM

He was trying to be uplifting by letting the parishioners know Jesus Christ had a happy ending.

by Anonymousreply 8May 11, 2024 9:59 PM

And that’s my dose of tmi for the day!

by Anonymousreply 9May 11, 2024 10:04 PM

Christ has died

Christ is risen

Christ will cum again

by Anonymousreply 10May 11, 2024 10:13 PM

Jesus take the wheel, and let me help you with that hard-on.

by Anonymousreply 11May 11, 2024 10:19 PM

This is my body, said Jesus. Take it, you dirty whores.

by Anonymousreply 12May 11, 2024 10:21 PM

Don't forget the hag, same name as his Mom.

by Anonymousreply 13May 11, 2024 10:38 PM

A spokesman for the diocese of Hexham & Newcastle told the publication: ‘A complaint was received and has been investigated in keeping with our diocesan complaints policy. The investigation has been very recently completed and the complaint is upheld.’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 12, 2024 5:56 PM

The very definition of TMI.

by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2024 6:24 PM

OMG!

by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2024 6:55 PM

[quote] OMG!

Dyatlov right?

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2024 6:56 PM

Wicker vicar!

by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2024 7:14 PM

Wicked

by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2024 7:14 PM

Why does anyone still attend mass? Who is still a practicing Catholic in 2024? We all know they're perverts, so anyone still playing along with their bullshit should expect stuff like this, quite frankly. Spare me your outrage.

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2024 9:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!