Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Orlando Bloom- “I HATED being in the movie “Troy” and pretend I am not even in it!”

“Oh my god, ‘Troy.’ Wow. I think I just blanked that movie out of my brain by the way,” Bloom said. “So many people love that movie, but for me playing that character was just like [slits throat]. Am I allowed to say all of these things? I didn’t want to do the movie. I didn’t want to play this character.”

“The movie was great. It was Brad [Pitt]. It was Eric [Bana] and Peter O’Toole,” Bloom said. “But how am I going to play this character? It was completely against everything I felt in my being. At one point it says Paris crawls along the floor having been beaten by somebody and holds his brother’s leg. I was like, ‘I’m not going to be able to do this.’ One of my agents at the time said, ‘But that’s the moment that will make it!’ And I completely fell for that line. I think that’s why I blanked that from my mind.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 18, 2024 6:10 AM

Paris was a pivotal character in the film. So he apparently didn't properly feel the part he was portraying. I think he did okay in his role, neither bad or great. Definitely nothing to be ashamed of.

His role in Elizabethtown however was subpar. He just wasn't right for the role, but to be fair the story itself just didn't work anyway. Cameron Crowe who wrote the screenplay was partially based on his own life. The screenplay didn't translate well to film.

by Anonymousreply 1May 11, 2024 1:50 AM

Did he hate getting paid?

by Anonymousreply 2May 11, 2024 3:05 AM

He was so fuckable in Troy.

by Anonymousreply 3May 11, 2024 3:09 AM

I hated watching it.

by Anonymousreply 4May 11, 2024 3:11 AM

I hate when actors complain.

by Anonymousreply 5May 11, 2024 3:14 AM

Poor young Orlando couldn’t stand the intense, overwhelming feelings of sexual confusion wrought by being around the godly Brad Pitt at his physical peak. Imagine you’re closeted and forced to avert your slack-jawed, slobbering gaze whenever he’s shirtless on set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2024 3:26 AM

I just remember Eric Bana's glorious tits.

by Anonymousreply 7May 11, 2024 3:29 AM

For you, R7:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 11, 2024 3:36 AM

Orlando Bloom's beautiful intact cock...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 11, 2024 3:43 AM

More Orlando...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 11, 2024 3:45 AM

Bitch at least you didn't have to fuck AnnE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 11, 2024 3:45 AM

And more Orlando...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 11, 2024 3:46 AM

Troy has been the only movie I slept through I was really tired that day but that movie did nothing to excite me.

by Anonymousreply 13May 11, 2024 3:47 AM

And even more Orlando...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 11, 2024 3:48 AM

Orland Bloom

by Anonymousreply 15May 11, 2024 3:48 AM

Hold on, Orlando...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 11, 2024 3:48 AM

R3 all three men were. Pitt, Bana and Bloom were gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 17May 11, 2024 3:50 AM

WHET Eric Bana? Hector! Hector! Hector!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 11, 2024 3:50 AM

Orlando saying goodbye...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 11, 2024 3:50 AM

The interview is interesting I think. Interesting to know that you can be a A-list actor and still have to do roles you hate because you want to earn money. Just like the rest of us who sometimes have to do work we hate because we have to pay the bills. I admire his frankness.

And his cock of course. Thank you for all those lovely pics R9. It looks semi-hard in some of the pics.

by Anonymousreply 20May 11, 2024 3:55 AM

I agree with R3 & R17 -- Orlando was at his peak beauty in 'Troy':

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 11, 2024 7:03 AM

He’s extremely lucky to have been in two huge franchises. I can’t even think of anything he’s been in outside of those, other than TROY.

BUT, now and forever, any time his name comes up the first thing I think of is him giving us those images of his beautiful, semi-hard uncut cock.

by Anonymousreply 22May 11, 2024 7:51 AM

He was terrible in the role, but he looked good.

by Anonymousreply 23May 11, 2024 8:04 AM

The whole point about the character of Paris is that he is supposed to be shallow, vain about his beauty, and lacking in moral character. Some of that goes right back to the original poem by Homer. Bloom may have preferred the meatier roles of Hector or Achilles, but Paris is still a decent part for any actor to have.

by Anonymousreply 24May 11, 2024 8:11 AM

Tinymeat

by Anonymousreply 25May 11, 2024 8:14 AM

You need your eyes checked, Bodega Cat.

by Anonymousreply 26May 11, 2024 8:19 AM

I do @R26

by Anonymousreply 27May 11, 2024 8:30 AM

He doesn’t seem to understand the concept of acting. You don’t need to like the character you’re portraying; you should be able to do it all the same.

I rewatched this film a couple of years ago and found it holds up surprisingly well. Great cast; Brad was at peak hotness.

by Anonymousreply 28May 11, 2024 8:38 AM

Paris was a pussy, that role clearly didn't require a lot of acting for him.

by Anonymousreply 29May 11, 2024 9:37 AM

R28 a film like this always “ages well”. It’s a period piece.

by Anonymousreply 30May 11, 2024 9:39 AM

[quote]Pitt, Bana and Bloom were gorgeous

Don't forget Garrett Hedlund as Patroclus.

Me and my friend saw it in the theater and would crack up everytime Pitt would pronounce Patroclus as Patrick-LESS.

by Anonymousreply 31May 11, 2024 12:32 PM

R31 I didn’t like him with the very long hair. Instant turn off for me

by Anonymousreply 32May 11, 2024 4:57 PM

I loved like him with the very long hair. Instant turn on for me.

by Anonymousreply 33May 11, 2024 5:02 PM

Hedlund is very pretty but too feminine with long hair. Instant turn off for me. I like my men to be masculine. He looked like a girl almost in this movie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 11, 2024 5:16 PM

I bet he kept it long for Achilles. He’d do anything for him.

by Anonymousreply 35May 11, 2024 5:32 PM

Bloom was pretty boy soap opera forgettable. Pitt was his usual mini skirted himbo self. O'toole did it to pay for his cemetery plot. Bana was the only thing that made it watchable.

by Anonymousreply 36May 11, 2024 5:42 PM

I agree Bloom was never much of an actor, as pretty as he was. He was lucky he did as well as he did.

by Anonymousreply 37May 11, 2024 5:48 PM

There is no other Troy

for him to burn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 11, 2024 5:49 PM

When you post messy distracting seizure-inducing things like that, r38, people have to put you on "ignore." They ruin the whole thread if we have to see them. And they're not even funny.

by Anonymousreply 39May 11, 2024 5:51 PM

R37 maybe stop and think… he did as well as he did because he was pretty with a presence. Talent isn’t needed to be a movie star. It’s needed to be an actor.

by Anonymousreply 40May 11, 2024 6:42 PM

Laughably bad movie. Walked out of it. Everyone was so bad!

by Anonymousreply 41May 11, 2024 7:54 PM

r31 Garrett Hedlund was 100% a casting couch hire.

by Anonymousreply 42May 11, 2024 7:55 PM

Garrett was cast because he looks like Brad Pitt

by Anonymousreply 43May 11, 2024 7:56 PM

Orlando didn’t like playing a weak, hedonistic girlie man because it cut too close to home

by Anonymousreply 44May 11, 2024 8:03 PM

I prefered 'Alexander' that year (2004) Way more colorful and imaginative, but sadly just as hetero-fied.

by Anonymousreply 45May 11, 2024 8:32 PM

Alexander was terrible

by Anonymousreply 46May 11, 2024 8:39 PM

Alexander needed more gay love. It could’ve made it more raw and redeemable. The same way Alex and Hephaestion should’ve gotten it on, we also should’ve seen Achilles pounding Patroclus. Both directors wimped out and deprived the world of mind blowing sex scenes that would’ve launched a thousand loads.

by Anonymousreply 47May 11, 2024 9:09 PM

More gay love means it would flop even harder than it did. The movie was a massive flop, commercially and critically. It was TERRIBLE

by Anonymousreply 48May 11, 2024 9:14 PM

R48, yeah, 'Alexander' bombed and Oliver Stone took a lot of flack for it. There was, however, some attempt by Stone to portray the love between Alexander and Hephaestion in some of the scenes, and Gore Vidal praised the film for doing so at the time.

R47, yes, if 'Troy' was made today, hopefully we would see Achilles and Patroclus as lovers, rather than as cousins which was the case in the Wolfgang Petersen version. However, Petersen still gave us a lot of shirtless, beautiful, nearly-naked male flesh as compensation.

by Anonymousreply 49May 12, 2024 7:58 AM

A lot of early 2000s movies were crap and this was one of them.

by Anonymousreply 50May 12, 2024 8:36 AM

Speaking of Alexander, has anyone seen the re-editted version of it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 12, 2024 10:36 AM

yes but Troy was worse, R46.

by Anonymousreply 52May 12, 2024 11:27 AM

[QUOTE] More gay love means it would flop even harder than it did. The movie was a massive flop, commercially and critically. It was TERRIBLE

We’re talking about the rewatchability of the film TODAY. If it pops up on Netflix or Hulu, for example. As it stands now, I wouldn’t bother to watch it. But you put a couple scenes in there where Achilles is barebacking a sweaty young Patroclus in his tent on the beach before battle and I’m probably pressing play. That’s why you make groundbreaking films so they can last beyond a few popcorn box office weekends.

by Anonymousreply 53May 12, 2024 3:01 PM

r53 Alexander would still flop today because in the 2020s we realize that a story with that much depth is at best a 6-8 part mini-series. Perhaps an entire three season show, if a streaming service wouldn't mind footing the bill. But a 2.5-3 hr movie wouldn't have nearly enough runway to tell Alexander's amazing story.

Heck, it'd be like trying to fit the entire Civil War into one film. Just wouldn't work. Alexander was involved in so many battles, so much politics, so much drama at home and wherever his court/army went that you need more than a film to capture the depth of the man's journey. Same for that horrible new Napoleon movie.

by Anonymousreply 54May 13, 2024 7:26 AM

R54 makes a good point. One of the problems with Alexander's story is that there is too much material to fit into one movie. The Richard Burton movie of Alexander the Great in the 1950's also failed.

I assume that's why they are now doing Alexander as a series on Netflix, rather than as another film.

by Anonymousreply 55May 13, 2024 7:37 AM

[quote]Garrett was cast because he looks like Brad Pitt

Yeah, they're supposed to be cousins.

by Anonymousreply 56May 13, 2024 8:05 AM

They should have been lovers, as was the case in the original Greek stories.

by Anonymousreply 57May 13, 2024 8:32 AM

Yes, Achilles and Patroclus were lovers, just like Alexander and Hephaestion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 18, 2024 4:59 AM

[quote] The Richard Burton movie of Alexander the Great in the 1950's also failed.

Only William Shatner did justice to Alexander

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 18, 2024 6:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!