Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Young & Restless Peter Bergman MAY Be Dead to Me!

Anyone able to verify either way?

Wikipedia says he died on Monday may 6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 13, 2024 7:26 AM

Check your link again, OP. The death date is gone.

You didn't imagine it - the first time I clicked on your link, I saw it there. So I Googled him, and the same death date showed up on his Google info. Now, it no longer does.

I hope it means somebody is just fucking around for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 1May 10, 2024 11:53 PM

Screen grab if anyone is interested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 11, 2024 12:01 AM

It’s just a random guy on Reddit who fixed it though. Who knows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 11, 2024 12:04 AM

If Peter Bergman died, I would think it would make the news more than on Wikipedia and Google. He's not just famous for starring on two soaps, including a current one, he made that famous "I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV" commercial.

by Anonymousreply 4May 11, 2024 12:22 AM

Yes, Nikki made reference to that commercial just last week.

Nice inside nod to viewers.

by Anonymousreply 5May 11, 2024 12:26 AM

Did those unpleasant facial nodules turn cancerous?

by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2024 12:51 AM

I saw him in person in the audience at a play in New Yrok city 20 years ago. He was otherwordly handsome.

by Anonymousreply 7May 11, 2024 3:12 PM

The "I'm not a doctor" wasn't just Cliff, there was one of the Webbers from GH. Rick I think. Chris Robinson. Maybe they switched doctors at one point because I distinctly remember a Webber.

by Anonymousreply 8May 11, 2024 5:19 PM

I remember it too r8

by Anonymousreply 9May 11, 2024 5:20 PM

r8 r9

by Anonymousreply 10May 11, 2024 5:29 PM

NOT AUNT JACK??!???!

Supposedly used to frequent the ABS near the ABC studios. I can't remember if he was the sucker or the suckee, though. (Michael Park was apparently a hungry cumpig there.)

by Anonymousreply 11May 11, 2024 5:30 PM

He seems to be alive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 11, 2024 5:34 PM

Surely The Staff knows.

That bitch will scratch her ass just to make a post on Twatter so she should be posting something there about him.

by Anonymousreply 13May 11, 2024 5:42 PM

Did he die of boredom from watching his own show?

by Anonymousreply 14May 11, 2024 5:58 PM

Seems like a story published two days ago would add an editorial comment about his death, no?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 11, 2024 6:12 PM

He was a very handsome man when he was younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 11, 2024 6:13 PM

Rest in pieces, Jack 💋💐🍸

by Anonymousreply 17May 11, 2024 6:36 PM

He may LOOK like death in that photo at R15 but nah, he's still alive

by Anonymousreply 18May 11, 2024 6:52 PM

Must be Eric Braeden making up stories.

He was very handsome, in a game show host way.

He had FABULOUS hair.

As an actor, though: wooden.

by Anonymousreply 19May 11, 2024 7:15 PM

Weird.....

I Googled Peter Bergman and death and it looks like several videos from no-name websites have been trying to claim he is dead....some of them dated last year.

This is like those spam/Tabooula ads that pop and talk about so and so's sad farewell, making you think someone died, and of course once you click on it it's bullshit but then you've been infected with malware.

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2024 12:12 AM

Peter Bergman would have been marvelously cast as Dane in THE THORN BIRDS. Peter was breathtaking in the early 80s and resembled Richard Chamberlain.

Dane was supposed to look stunningly similar to his oblivious father, and Philip Anglim was disappointingly unlike Richard and dorky to boot.

I doubt Peter’s contract at AMC would have permitted him to take the role, if he was even considered, but Dane’s portrayal in the miniseries has always been a extremely weak area in the production.

by Anonymousreply 21May 12, 2024 12:32 AM

He was already aging a bit here but still looked good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2024 12:41 AM

Knew and worked with him about 25 years ago. Lovely man. His wife was lovely too. I was around when Braeden punched him in the face. It was humiliating for him not to sue and Eric got a slap on the wrist. If that happened today he would have been immediately fired and probably jailed for assault.

by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2024 12:47 AM

I used to know someone who worked in the AMC control room where the actors would be mercilessly ragged on by the staff. At one point an engineer made a snotty remark about Bergman as Cliff crying on camera and executive producer Jacqueline Babbin said “Now, now now. We mustn’t make fun of him for actually doing something he can be good at.”

He was the inspiration for Dana Carvey’s The Effeminate Heterosexual character on SNL. One of the writers remembered observing Bergman once at an afterparty back in 1981 which he attended with his then wife Christine Ebersole (who was an SNL cast member for one season). Bergman’s nelly behavior both on-set and at private functions was apparently quite an eye opener.

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2024 12:52 AM

R24 that story is an old wives tale. Ebersole and Bergman divorced before she was on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2024 12:57 AM

[quote] If that happened today he would have been immediately fired and probably jailed for assault.

I WILL CRUSH YOU! YOU GOT THAT?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 12, 2024 12:59 AM

R25, Bergman and Ebersole remained friends after their divorce and he’d be her “date” at functions like the SNL afterparties.

by Anonymousreply 27May 12, 2024 2:24 AM

I do not like this Ebersole woman.

by Anonymousreply 28May 12, 2024 2:54 AM

r27 I worked with Bergman and have been in social situations. He is hardly effeminate even with his guard down.

by Anonymousreply 29May 12, 2024 3:32 PM

Bergman’s on screen mother Marla Adams (Dina Abbott) died in late April which may be why there was confusion about Peter’s demise.

I was at the bar at Maggiano’s early 2000’s at The Grove in LA (now closed. RIP) when several Y&R cast members came in waiting for a table. Eric Braeden and Peter Bergman got along great, stood together happily socializing and Peter even bought Eric a tequila shot. So whatever their Beef was back in the day they are clearly okay with each other now.

by Anonymousreply 30May 12, 2024 3:48 PM

Don't look at me! I don't no ennything about that Wikkipedal thing and I'm to bizzy going to Hollywood premears to pull pranks! 💋💄🌹📸

by Anonymousreply 31May 12, 2024 4:32 PM

Aunt Jack lives.

by Anonymousreply 32May 12, 2024 5:37 PM

I think the source of the Peter Bergman rumor was solved Sherlock r30

Content creators created the rumor to get clicks. No marla mix up.

Glad you ran into a few actors eating 20 years ago.

Send a postcard next time.

by Anonymousreply 33May 12, 2024 7:24 PM

R23, I think the fight between Braeden and Bergman put Bill Bell in a difficult position. Both Victor & Jack were huge characters and both actors were a big part of Y&R then and still are today. I don't think Bell would have wanted to lose either one of them because of a fight.

by Anonymousreply 34May 13, 2024 7:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!