Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harry and Meghan are reunited and it feels so good!

They are in Nigeria!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508May 29, 2024 2:55 AM

I can't imagine she will have much time to devote to the Invictus cause on this jaunt; what with all of her self-proclaimed relatives she has to re-connect with.

by Anonymousreply 1May 10, 2024 4:24 PM

Imagine, Meghan is safer in Nigeria than she is in London. You're doing great, Britain 🤨

by Anonymousreply 2May 10, 2024 4:24 PM

Crock of BS R2. These two are simply filthy wealthy running around seeking publicity as they insist they want privacy. Very silly couple. Probably just dumb and filthy rich.

by Anonymousreply 3May 10, 2024 4:33 PM

So the worldwide privacy tour continues. Break a leg.

by Anonymousreply 4May 10, 2024 4:46 PM

Weren’t they supposed to have been divorced by now?

by Anonymousreply 5May 10, 2024 4:58 PM

I'm not sure that dress is the best look for this visit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 10, 2024 5:00 PM

I don’t think it’s an evening dress, looks like a cotton maxi dress like you’d wear to the beach. It’s not entirely backless, there’s a strip down the back but yes, mostly backless and showing a lot of skin in a country that’s half-Muslim overall (but not in that specific region). The peach color does nothing for her.

by Anonymousreply 7May 10, 2024 5:06 PM

OMG. Can't wait to hear what Ibble Dibble has to say about this ludicrous outfit.

BTW, her last video addressed bots attacking her account with groundless copyright charges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 10, 2024 5:15 PM

She's wearing a beach dress to a school and spouting drivel to the kids: "As I look around this room, I see myself in all of you as well. So it is a complete honour to have our first visit to Nigeria, be here with all of you."

by Anonymousreply 9May 10, 2024 5:31 PM

[quote]The peach color does nothing for her.

So many women seem to have no idea which colors look good on them. Meghan would look great in a dark red or midnight blue but she keeps wearing colors that are too close to her own skin tone.

by Anonymousreply 10May 10, 2024 5:37 PM

Game recognizes game

by Anonymousreply 11May 10, 2024 5:38 PM

R5 Neither have been able to get any successful projects off the ground and break into the branding superstardom they wanted so no.

by Anonymousreply 12May 10, 2024 5:40 PM

“Everything was fine and then she just appeared!”

by Anonymousreply 13May 10, 2024 5:41 PM

How long before she insults the hosts about the couple's accommodations like she did during the South African visit? Remember she referred to the official residence where they stayed as a dormitory or institution or some such when the pictures clearly showed a mansion.

[QUOTE]"As I look around this room, I see myself in all of you as well. So it is a complete honour to have our first visit to Nigeria, be here with all of you."

IOW:

[QUOTE]The reason I come here is not to to meet new and different individuals from another culture, but rather those who are like me. I love to go out in the world and see how much it reflects me. So it's a complete honor to be here with you who are really proxies for me. Thank you for being here for me.

by Anonymousreply 14May 10, 2024 5:58 PM

R1 the Invictus stuff is over.

by Anonymousreply 15May 10, 2024 8:33 PM

😍😍😍😍

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 10, 2024 8:35 PM

The jokes just write themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 10, 2024 9:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 10, 2024 9:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 10, 2024 9:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 10, 2024 9:18 PM

[quote]"As I look around this room, I see myself in all of you as well. So it is a complete honour to have our first visit to Nigeria, be here with all of you."

Can she ever talk about anything except herself? Every occasion is about her feelings and what the event means to her. She never would have cut it in royal life; no sense of decorum.

by Anonymousreply 21May 10, 2024 9:25 PM

What is it about her penchant for dragging hems? One of these days she's going to take and embarrassing spill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 10, 2024 9:30 PM

They are so very rich and have no idea how to fill their time so I guess they have nothing to do except act like idiots. I am not a big fan of Lady C(her hideous laughter and those fucking dogs. And I'm a dog lover.) but she is the only person who has had the courage to come out and say what was said years ago about people but is today not pc that Harry is a mental defective. She blames it on his mother having anorexia or bulimia(I didn't know there was a difference until my sister set me straight) when Diana was pregnant with him.

by Anonymousreply 23May 10, 2024 9:31 PM

Does she use "mental defective" in her description or is she more delicate?

by Anonymousreply 24May 10, 2024 9:36 PM

Meghan and Harry's pushing around "the locals"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 10, 2024 9:49 PM

R25 That should read Harry and Meghan's staff pushing around the locals

by Anonymousreply 26May 10, 2024 9:51 PM

Their STAFF. Not them.

by Anonymousreply 27May 10, 2024 9:57 PM

R27 meet R26

by Anonymousreply 28May 10, 2024 10:03 PM

The pictures coming out make this whole like a "Wal-Mart" version of royal tour.

by Anonymousreply 29May 10, 2024 10:07 PM

In the video it looks like someone flattened a tire on their SUV.

by Anonymousreply 30May 10, 2024 10:25 PM

Harry's security are dressed better than Harry. Harry is wearing .... jeans.

Meanwhile, The Mrs. harry shows up in 45 thousand square yards of unflattering fabric.

They could never have made the cut as working Royals. Their aura is that of a municipal government employee and his wife showing up at a gay pride event in some backwater town because they were told to do so by the mayor, who took a pass because deep-down he doesn't like the gays.

by Anonymousreply 31May 10, 2024 10:30 PM

Pure, effortless glamour.

by Anonymousreply 32May 10, 2024 11:20 PM

Isn’t dressing up like the locals something their lickspittle spokesman Omid Scobie, would excoriate the rest of the royal family for?

by Anonymousreply 33May 10, 2024 11:21 PM

On a positive note, the price tag was removed before she began her stately progress among the hatives.

by Anonymousreply 34May 10, 2024 11:22 PM

^^ “natives”.

by Anonymousreply 35May 10, 2024 11:23 PM

Whatever pretensions they may flaunt about race and the developing world, you know she’d leave Nigeria mid-trip if Macron invited her on an official trip to Paris.

by Anonymousreply 36May 10, 2024 11:35 PM

She working so hard on her Sincere Smile in R20 that there’s a vein standing out on her forehead.

by Anonymousreply 37May 11, 2024 12:08 AM

That pic at r20 is hideous. She looks like she's melting.

by Anonymousreply 38May 11, 2024 12:09 AM

Is that Harry’s safari outfit?

by Anonymousreply 39May 11, 2024 1:03 AM

Where did her ideas of how to dress herself originate? I’m genuinely at a loss.

by Anonymousreply 40May 11, 2024 1:07 AM

I wish I were as thin as he is. He looks very trim.

by Anonymousreply 41May 11, 2024 1:08 AM

What are they doing there? Nigeria is a hideously anti-gay country.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 42May 11, 2024 1:11 AM

[quote]Where did her ideas of how to dress herself originate? I’m genuinely at a loss.

uh, I believe that would be Disney, of course.

by Anonymousreply 43May 11, 2024 1:12 AM

r19 That is advanced bald patch now.

by Anonymousreply 44May 11, 2024 1:14 AM

What is the ostensible purpose of this visit?

And, yes, R42 they also recently visited Jamaica. That is the conundrum of this virtue signallers. How to slobber over black-run countries without siding with gay baskets.

by Anonymousreply 45May 11, 2024 1:16 AM

R44 at this point it’s a hair patch. I’d have some sympathy for him, but….

by Anonymousreply 46May 11, 2024 1:18 AM

Looking at these killing fields I see children just like me who never got the chance to stand up to a soap company, to dream to become a real-life princess. I think of all the me’s that have been lost and I weep.

by Anonymousreply 47May 11, 2024 1:22 AM

r45 He's there to look at them hosting an Invictus games in a few years. How that led to this r17 though is a mystery for the ages

by Anonymousreply 48May 11, 2024 1:31 AM

I'll talk this with a grain of salt but social media is saying that the press coverage in Nigeria is largely negative. A lot of questions about why the country is rolling out the red carpet and paying for the Sussexes to appear. Also allegedly almost no crowds on the ground.

by Anonymousreply 49May 11, 2024 1:49 AM

Abishola would say they are lazy.

by Anonymousreply 50May 11, 2024 2:07 AM

It's a cavalcade of awful: the unflattering school-visit beach dress, the unflattering Hillary Clinton white pantsuit, the unflatteringly styled hair and too dark foundations and brows, the nonsense speeches, the kitsch paintings.

I wonder what their fans make of the neocolonial trappings of the visit.

by Anonymousreply 51May 11, 2024 5:21 AM

I would be so curious to hear when and especially how Meghan came to the determination she looks best in neutrals. I once read on DL she claimed the palace wanted her to wear neutrals so as not to outshine Kate or Camilla, but it's obvious now that she's been away for several years that she prefers them and thinks she looks her best in them,.

She would look so much better in richer colors.

by Anonymousreply 52May 11, 2024 5:49 AM

[quote]I wish I were as thin as he is. He looks very trim.

He also looks very fit. I always give him credit for that if for nothing else. William is also always trim, but not as muscular.

by Anonymousreply 53May 11, 2024 5:50 AM

Who gave Diana the shiner in R17?

by Anonymousreply 54May 11, 2024 6:26 AM

Somebody asked Willliam who'd win in a fight, him or Harry. He said he would because he's bigger.

by Anonymousreply 55May 11, 2024 6:50 AM

^ He was only talking about his teeth and his forehead. Otherwise Wills never has an intelligent thought go through that pointy head of his.

by Anonymousreply 56May 11, 2024 6:57 AM

The Dutchess looks gorgeous as usual! I'm so jealous Harry gets to sleep next to her every night!

by Anonymousreply 57May 11, 2024 7:00 AM

R56 he might not be brains of Britain but William took a respectable degree from an elite University. And id he e er did make they comment about winning a fight it was many years ago in jest.

by Anonymousreply 58May 11, 2024 7:14 AM

Harry is clearly mentally defective in some way, r23. Just his unawareness of the consequences of his actions or inability to realise that people have formed opinions of him solely in response to things he and Meghan have said or done demonstrates that. For example, the whole Archie skin colour kerfuffle which they instigated, with Harry then claiming he and Meghan never suggested anyone in the royal family was racist. Or his very public attacks on his brother and father, particularly in his book, followed by his claim that he loves his family. Or, more recently, him wearing his grandmother's jubilee medals but not his father's coronation medal, which he probably thinks is a very clever and cunning diss. Yet the whole basis of his claim to being a public figure with some kind of official/semi-official status depends on his father being King. He's not going to win over the British public or British establishment in this way. Which he needs if he's going to use his status as Prince Harry and the Duke of Sussex, with his wife as the Duchess of Sussex and his kids as prince/princess.

He and Meghan are now doing the same kind of thing with their bizarre Diana exploitation, as if no one can see through it and how unseemly it is.

I used to think this kind of behaviour was because he was arrogant and had been spoiled and a little indulged as a child, especially after Diana died, whereas William had always been raised with a greater sense of responsibility, but now I think this level of unawareness is the result of a mental defect, being on the spectrum or something. His very bad school results (given the high standard of his education) could also be due to that. I don't think Diana caused it through an eating disorder, these things just happen naturally.

by Anonymousreply 59May 11, 2024 7:21 AM

^willam has "a greater since of responsibility?" R59 Since when?! Is that why he couldn't be bothered to defend his wife when the British press cruelly attacked her and plotted her premature death? The Wales and their idiot fangirls are a walking study of cognitive dissonance.

by Anonymousreply 60May 11, 2024 7:31 AM

Ask Sandhurst about Harry's failings, not just academic failures.

by Anonymousreply 61May 11, 2024 7:35 AM

Let's ask you instead R61 since you're clearly a royal family insider posting here on Datalouge.

by Anonymousreply 62May 11, 2024 7:42 AM

William is going to be head of state, r60, so, yes, he does have a great responsibility. There are always going to be media and social media attacks on him, his wife, his kids. The best thing to do is ignore them otherwise he will only be adding fuel to the fire, just like his stupid brother or the wrangles his mother got into with the paps.

If you're referring to the recent disgusting recent pressure on the Princess of Wales, that was resolved quite well and all those who made nasty insinuations about them have now had to backtrack, especially those who claimed William was having an affair. I'd say William won that particular battle.

William has also had his own legal action against the press, in private however. He was far more successful than his brother has been in his public legal battle with the press.

Being responsible is not letting the press rule your life.

by Anonymousreply 63May 11, 2024 8:07 AM

Are you on crack? @R57

by Anonymousreply 64May 11, 2024 8:11 AM

Why dont they just go away!!!!!!!!! They are like MRSA IN THE ASS!!!

by Anonymousreply 65May 11, 2024 8:12 AM

Harry is retarded. Meg is a whore with bad hair. I like beautiful whores

by Anonymousreply 66May 11, 2024 8:13 AM

R62 seems to be on point for for crack, etc. and not knowing common knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 67May 11, 2024 8:20 AM

Reunited and it feels so good!

by Anonymousreply 68May 11, 2024 9:02 AM

She wore a dress that was at least EIGHT inches taller/longer judging from the fabric sagging beneath her feet. Why? Why does she keep inviting questions about being so tacky after her previous debacles? WHY?

by Anonymousreply 69May 11, 2024 9:30 AM

She still has tiny little tits.

by Anonymousreply 70May 11, 2024 9:36 AM

I hope she brings some jars of her American Riviera Orchard™ preserve!

by Anonymousreply 71May 11, 2024 9:44 AM

Shades of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, travelling to anywhere that will have them and singing for their supper. A pointless existence.

by Anonymousreply 72May 11, 2024 9:50 AM

Nigeria today, Haiti tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 73May 11, 2024 9:56 AM

I wonder if she's ever rimmed Harry's stinky arse

by Anonymousreply 74May 11, 2024 9:58 AM

Has Christopher Bouzy commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 75May 11, 2024 10:07 AM

What happened to Omid Scobie? He seems to have gone quiet.

by Anonymousreply 76May 11, 2024 10:36 AM

He's transitioning into a Queer for Palestine, R76.

by Anonymousreply 77May 11, 2024 10:41 AM

Her doing that is EXACTLY why she is today the Duchess of Sussex, r74.

Harry was HOOKED like a trout!

by Anonymousreply 78May 11, 2024 12:06 PM

In the visitor’s book at the Defence Headquarters she thanked them for “welcoming me home” as she claims to have found out she 43% Nigerian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 11, 2024 12:10 PM

Teeny titties, flat ass, and manly face. Do I spy a throbbing botox vein the length of the loooong Markle forehead?

by Anonymousreply 80May 11, 2024 12:35 PM

r20 Gosh that photo makes me much more inclined to believe the strong rumours she is an habitual or problem user of unhealthy things.

by Anonymousreply 81May 11, 2024 12:36 PM

I thought he was a proud Persian, r77.

by Anonymousreply 82May 11, 2024 1:04 PM

I'm starting to feel sorry for her. In today's unflattering dress she looks emaciated (Ozempic?) and the strain of grinning for her life at a Podunk military base halfway around the world in humid heat is showing.

by Anonymousreply 83May 11, 2024 1:09 PM

This is the kind of event they hoped to avoid through their halfway in, halfway out demands. They would rely on the more elderly and more senior members of the family to do the tedious non-glamorous engagements and they would show up for the big celebrations. Now they are left with only the tedious and obscure. Haha.

by Anonymousreply 84May 11, 2024 1:14 PM

The inappropriate backless gown she wore to the school was extra long and dragging on the ground to cover her ugly feet. Also, since the clothes are loaners, she can't alter them.

Obvious she is merching. The backless gown doubled in price on the designer's site as soon as she wore it even though it's from 2018.

Same goes for the other low cut sundress (black and white) with front slit and cut out between the breasts she is now wearing. She's merching and can only wear what they give her regardless how inappropriate for the occasion it is.

by Anonymousreply 85May 11, 2024 1:21 PM

[quote] Meghan Markle signed a visitor's book at the Nigerian Defence Headquarters.

I imagine people who sign that book don't get to leave again quite so quickly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 11, 2024 1:23 PM

[quote] Are you on crack? @[R57]

—Bodega-cat

R64 Do you have a stick in YOUR crack bitch? You got cataracts in your eyes old man? I lnow you're ugly as fuck, but your dumb ass should be able to recognize when someone else is attractive. But obviously you've never been considered attractive, and your bitterness can be felt through the screen. Fucking loser.

by Anonymousreply 87May 11, 2024 1:51 PM

Nigeria

by Anonymousreply 88May 11, 2024 1:54 PM

Meghan, get off my screen. No one likes you. And take your overpriced jam with you!

by Anonymousreply 89May 11, 2024 1:55 PM

Meghan, get off my screen. No one likes you. And take your overpriced jam with you!

by Anonymousreply 90May 11, 2024 1:56 PM

This doesn't resemble a royal engagement in any way, shape or form, r84, even a tedious, non-glamorous and obscure one.

by Anonymousreply 91May 11, 2024 2:09 PM

[quote]I would be so curious to hear when and especially how Meghan came to the determination she looks best in neutrals.

Pales make her skin look darker. I'd imagine that's the impetus.

The impetus for the dragging hems is probably what we've noted many times before: she appears to be allergic to visiting a tailor. Because she's short, that's the length of the dress as it comes out of the packet.

by Anonymousreply 92May 11, 2024 2:13 PM

I’m not saying it has any legitimate function or the status of a royal engagement, but it does have tedium and unpleasantness associated with a lot of royal engagements. People falsely think the majority of royal life is hosting celebrities at palaces.

by Anonymousreply 93May 11, 2024 2:14 PM

Why does anyone give a fuck about these two??

by Anonymousreply 94May 11, 2024 2:21 PM

R67 Is a bitter Brit with a tiny cock and a gaping hole between his buttcheeks. Harry was never gonna fuck you. Get over it loser.

by Anonymousreply 95May 11, 2024 2:32 PM

Has she had a face lift?

by Anonymousreply 96May 11, 2024 2:33 PM

r94 They're entertaining. Sure the economy is shit, the planet is dying, and each day we edge minutely closer to WW3. But here's Meghan and Harry. He's snuggling a picture of his nearly 30 years dead mother she's mailing jam and lemons to innocent unsuspecting influencers. Who knows what they'll do next? They sure don't.

by Anonymousreply 97May 11, 2024 2:39 PM

They are nothing more than a travelling clown show.

by Anonymousreply 98May 11, 2024 2:50 PM

All because of her

by Anonymousreply 99May 11, 2024 2:52 PM

"People falsely think the majority of royal life is hosting celebrities at palaces." - Who are these people, r93? The people of the UK know that it's nothing to do with hosting celebrities at palaces. Which celebrities are you thinking of?

While there may be some tedium involved with some royal engagements, as there is with all engagements that involve a lot of travel, hanging around waiting, making small talk, the thing that makes all that tedium worthwhile is that fact that it's always for a good cause. Sophie, the Countess of Wessex, for example, visited Congo to highlight the issue of sexual violence. It's not quite clear what cause Harry and Meghan are highlighting with this trip to a school in Nigeria? It's nothing to do with Invictus and they are clearly not visiting foreign dignitaries promoting bilateral relations.

by Anonymousreply 100May 11, 2024 2:55 PM

I’d love a comedy, like in the Mel Brooks vain, of a disgraced Prince and his psycho wife getting kidnapped by mercenaries from some far off third-way country and the hijinks that ensure

by Anonymousreply 101May 11, 2024 3:01 PM

Pretty sure it would look a lot like Ruthless People, R101.

by Anonymousreply 102May 11, 2024 3:02 PM

Nigeria is a byword for corruption and bribery, as well as homophobia. Invictus would be insane to go there and I very much doubt they will. One imagines Harry has no role in the actual decisions, of course. I expect his (unknowing) role here is to make the Nigerians seem like a serious option for the time being.

by Anonymousreply 103May 11, 2024 3:13 PM

R100 I’m thinking of Americans in particular. Are you honestly going to tell me that isn’t a common misconception shared by Meghan Markle, for one?

What is the source of your anger problem?

by Anonymousreply 104May 11, 2024 3:15 PM

Well, yeah, it's a misconception that Markle had, but, then, she's not very bright. And, yes, some Americans do think royalty is all about celebrity, and that's where many of the problems in superficial American views arise. But it's a very big misconception and certainly not something Harry would ever have believed. This trip to Nigeria is nothing like a royal engagement.

Not angry, just responding to nonsense in an appropriate manner.

by Anonymousreply 105May 11, 2024 3:20 PM

If you think that’s nonsense, you are seriously stupid or ill-informed.

by Anonymousreply 106May 11, 2024 3:22 PM

[quote]she's mailing jam and lemons to innocent unsuspecting influencers

Jam, lemons and [bold]lawn clippings in a Hobby Lobby bowl[/bold]

Why didn't her buddy Gloria "Glo" Steinem didn't get a tacky scam jam bowl? Glo too OLD to influence?? Glo has been markled.

What about Katherine McPhee? Wife of "like a father" to halfwit Harry? She didn't get any scam jam? If David Foster is like a father to Harry then wouldn't Katherine be "like a stepmother"??

by Anonymousreply 107May 11, 2024 3:32 PM

She has Ozempic face

by Anonymousreply 108May 11, 2024 3:36 PM

"Scam jam." 😂

by Anonymousreply 109May 11, 2024 3:42 PM

Not sure about a faceift, but I see chin implants, lip fillers and pints of botox, none of which are helping, and in fact are erasing all femininity. Oh well, get off of my screen Meg.

by Anonymousreply 110May 11, 2024 3:46 PM

Once more, wtf is she wearing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111May 11, 2024 3:49 PM

[quote]Pales make her skin look darker. I'd imagine that's the impetus.

If that's her intention, she should start using bronzer all over instead of only on her face. Look how pale her back is. It's laughable.

by Anonymousreply 112May 11, 2024 3:50 PM

Is Harry kissing the painting in R17?

by Anonymousreply 113May 11, 2024 3:52 PM

When confronted with a similar atrocity the Queen kept her distance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 11, 2024 3:58 PM

R113 Probably doing a line of coke off of it.

by Anonymousreply 115May 11, 2024 4:00 PM

r114 Phil looks like he's going to punch it.

by Anonymousreply 116May 11, 2024 4:08 PM

She looks 50. Her hair is so unflattering in that Wallace Simpson look. All those crows feet and her bushy eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 117May 11, 2024 4:12 PM

Hi meg @R87

by Anonymousreply 118May 11, 2024 4:48 PM

Meghan is as attractive as a wet fart

by Anonymousreply 119May 11, 2024 4:55 PM

[quote] What is the source of your anger problem?

It seems obvious to me that they are jealous of Meghan and her lifestyle. They can't honestly say she's ugly or fat, so they nitpick her style but there's really nothing wrong with that either. Compare Meghan to a woman like Lauren Sanchez. Sanchez is on the arm of the world's wealthiest man with her tits and nipples on full display, tacky transparent plastic surgery, and an obvious lack of self awareness. If Meghan dressed and acted like Sanchez then I might be able to understand the virtol. But nothing else makes sense. Markle is harmless in the world of celebrity, and certainly doesn't have any personal, adverse impact on the internet trolls who allow themselves to be angered by her mere presence.

by Anonymousreply 120May 11, 2024 5:21 PM

No one here is jealous of the professional victim Meghan Smollett, R120.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 11, 2024 5:41 PM

Did anyone else receive this email?

Dear Sir,

I am Meghan, Duchess of Sussex. I need your help to retrieve my vast riches in Nigeria, my homeland.

If you could be so kind and transfer the small sum of 3,500 USD to my account, I would be able to unfreeze my account and transfer my money outside of Nigeria.

To repay your kindness, I will send 1,000,000 USD to your account.

Please contact me to proceed.

by Anonymousreply 122May 11, 2024 6:11 PM

Oh, NO!!! Bodega-cat inflicted a near fatal narcissistic wound on r87 who is an embodiment of the angry lesbian stereotype. Her attraction to Meghan WILL NOT BE INVALIDATED!!!

by Anonymousreply 123May 11, 2024 6:47 PM

Except Meghan doesn’t see someone like Lauren Sanchez as her counterpart, r120, and nor does she see herself as someone "in the world of celebrity". She sees herself as the counterpart of a Queen or a princess or a great political or humanitarian figure. She goes on faux official/royal visits, imagines she gives great speeches at the UN that bowl over even the UN Secretary General, and always insists on being referred to as Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex. In her mind, she moves "in the world of" someone like Diana or Angela Merkel or Mother Theresa, or Angelina Jolie if she had to pick a Hollywood figure.

And the thing is she could have had all that if doing good and public service were her sincere aims and she had the requisite skills and aptitude, as she had the best platform for all this dropped right in her lap. But she fucked it up because her real interest was never helping others but in being the top mean girl. And then she shits all over the people who could have helped her, while clinging to the symbols of something she publicly disdained.

by Anonymousreply 124May 11, 2024 6:59 PM

R120 Lauren Sanchez doesn’t play victim for attention

by Anonymousreply 125May 11, 2024 7:13 PM

Meghan believes she’s important, influential, and iconic because she married a Prince.

by Anonymousreply 126May 11, 2024 7:14 PM

I always picture Meghan in this embarrassing Ivanka scenario. She and Ivanka are poster children for the Dunning-Kreuger effect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 11, 2024 7:20 PM

R120. I think you’re confused. The poster I was responding too, although a moron, is agreeing with an anti-Meghan post.

by Anonymousreply 128May 11, 2024 7:45 PM

For Mother’s Day, I’m making sure to bring MM hate to the brunch table. Mama hates her too and she prefers Bonne Maman anyways!

by Anonymousreply 129May 11, 2024 7:55 PM

Their tour is not being well-received on the ground.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130May 11, 2024 8:24 PM

She wore this to today’s Women in Leadership event.

An ill-fitting bra, underarm fat and VPL. Mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131May 11, 2024 8:51 PM

^^^ Somebody needs Skims

by Anonymousreply 132May 11, 2024 8:54 PM

Bad body, fug face and stunted intellect. She/her's got it all.

by Anonymousreply 133May 11, 2024 9:15 PM

And so, she and Harry are a matched pair.

by Anonymousreply 134May 11, 2024 9:20 PM

So sad and desperate

by Anonymousreply 135May 11, 2024 9:26 PM

DLers spoke, said that Meghan should wear red and other strong colors.

Meghan has listened and wore this red dress.

by Anonymousreply 136May 11, 2024 9:29 PM

Yes, R136 and she wore it badly.

The proper undergarments were missing.

by Anonymousreply 137May 11, 2024 9:48 PM

Fun review of Meghan's "fashion" by River. He compared her to a frog, a dragonfly, said she looked squat, "like a box", that she had "Groucho Marx" eyebrows, and that her backless dress looked like a lonely sock waving on a flagpole. Something about her drag queen stylings.

Entitled his video, "Perhaps I shouldn't say this."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138May 12, 2024 12:03 AM

I'm not sure River's in a position to make fun of anybody else's clothes.

by Anonymousreply 139May 12, 2024 12:06 AM

The back fat os rolling forward. Thomas will have his revenge yet.

by Anonymousreply 140May 12, 2024 12:08 AM

As someone suggested above, Charles truly was wise to keep well clear of Harry before he left for Nigeria lest anyone think this unfolding clown show has any official sanction from him or the British people.

You have to love the people who say the palace is making a big PR mistake by shunning. Harry. These same PR people managed to make this turd of a prince one of the most popular members of the royal family while he was in the fold. I think they know how to do their jobs pretty well.

by Anonymousreply 141May 12, 2024 12:08 AM

R57 I believe he got a hotel room near Montecito. He doesn't want to be in the same house with her in the evening. He's still dreaming about that Mrs Robinson who called him a wild stallion or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 142May 12, 2024 12:21 AM

If you want to avoid frown lines, don't look at pictures of Harry and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 143May 12, 2024 12:34 AM

I am told by friends in the UK, that Harry is still loved by many in the Uk, and William is still jealous of him as Charles was with Diana. It is William who is blocking any reconciliation. Harry is dead to him! In his world there is no HArry. Which is why Charles had to announce some Royal status upgrades for William timing it with Harry's arrival. So there's Camilla still "wounded" by HArry's words, and William still pissed at HArry for existing. HArry did the right thing leaving the UK. Now if he can find a job, with some foundation he'll be fine. Don't know or care what MM is up to.

by Anonymousreply 144May 12, 2024 12:36 AM

[quote] I am told by friends in the UK, that Harry is still loved by many in the Uk, and William is still jealous of him

Your friends are both a polling agency and close friends with the royal family?

by Anonymousreply 145May 12, 2024 12:39 AM

[quote] She would look so much better in richer colors.

I've been singing that tune for a long time.

If there is one thing Markle has going for her it is that she has pretty coloring. That bronze-coppery tone to her skin, whether it's natural or applied, is the perfect canvas for bold color.

Duchess, take a lesson from Nancy Pelosi. She is a master at using bold color on her clothing and it makes her look younger.

by Anonymousreply 146May 12, 2024 12:40 AM

Yeah, R144, thanks for relaying what your “ friends” say. Otherwise we’d have no access to news or polls from the UK.

by Anonymousreply 147May 12, 2024 12:43 AM

I actually like the dress she's wearing in that pic at r111.

But not for this occasion. She's always erring on the side of being too revealing. Yeah, I know this is an unofficial trip, what other kind would they have?, but still.

by Anonymousreply 148May 12, 2024 12:51 AM

Ten years together and still holding hands and being affectionate. All the Klan whores on here said they'd be divorced by now.

by Anonymousreply 149May 12, 2024 12:54 AM

What the hell is going on with that creepy vein across Markle’s forehead? It is so gross and looks like it is going to burst…. And she suddenly puts on those insane eyebrows, like she thinks we are going to just forget what she looked like last week and buy into the whole eyebrows thing as if it is normal.

by Anonymousreply 150May 12, 2024 12:56 AM

[quote] Klan whores

Well that's a new one.

by Anonymousreply 151May 12, 2024 12:57 AM

With the little cut-always between her tits in a number of her dresses, I always have the impression that she is hoping for a wardrobe malfunction and that one of her vile little tits will be “accidentally” exposed. She is such a narcissist that it must be killing her that no one on earth, not even her super fans, wants to see her naked.

by Anonymousreply 152May 12, 2024 12:59 AM

OP works for the establishment here.

click click click click click

by Anonymousreply 153May 12, 2024 1:00 AM

Well said, r124.

I'll cop to being a whore, r149, but as a non-White person, I would be a survivor (if I wasn't killed by them) of a Klan interaction.

So, take your "Klan" word and shove it.

I predicted a divorce and stand by it. Once King Charles dies and they're together even a couple of years afterwards, I'll admit I was wrong.

Markle is no dummy, no matter what else she may amount to. When the King is Dead, Long Live the King, she wants to be related to him as his legal, by marriage, daughter-in-law.

And, from a purely financial survival aspect, and on behalf of her children, I can't fault her for that.

It may be that Harry will still be a beneficiary of KC's money or property and if she divorces Harry before KC dies, then she may miss-out.

by Anonymousreply 154May 12, 2024 1:04 AM

Yeah she wants to show those pathetic tits to small school children. Why? To punish them? She could just pass out those topless yachtgirl pics signed. And with her money why does she refused to ever get her clothes fitted properly? She must take her designer clothes to Target and try them out in the fitting room there.

by Anonymousreply 155May 12, 2024 1:11 AM

Everyone probably tells her she’s nuts to her face and she’s so narcissistic it doesn’t register.

by Anonymousreply 156May 12, 2024 2:45 AM

r150, it's from botox and rapid weight loss.

by Anonymousreply 157May 12, 2024 2:55 AM

Maybe Nigeria isn't really home after all....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158May 12, 2024 2:57 AM

The latest two dresses are much better, but not suited to the occasions, especially when you see her in group pics with Nigerian women covered head to toe, some in Muslim modest garb.

I continue to be entertained by the comedy of it all. There she sits at a "Women in Leadership" event under the title "Meghan, Duchess of Sussex/co-founder of Archewell" next to a woman whose job is general director at the WTO. How is she not embarrassed?

And then on to another cheesy event with native dancing, where, according to the DM, "the Duke and Duchess appeared not to eat anything on offer and at times the lunch descended into chaos with a disco beat thumping in the background."

by Anonymousreply 159May 12, 2024 5:26 AM

Charles didn't announce any "Royal status upgrades" for William while Harry was there, r144. William already has the highest royal status possible as the heir. Your "friends in the UK" know shit all.

by Anonymousreply 160May 12, 2024 7:42 AM

At a formal dinner, the Nigerians played the British national anthem (aka God Save the King) and Harry and Meghan were forced to stand for it and be suitably respectful. A reminder to them both that the only reason anyone pays any attention to them, especially anyone official, is because his father is King and head of state of the United Kingdom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161May 12, 2024 7:47 AM

R160 While Harry was in Africa, Charles announced that he was giving William a new patronage - of a military unit that Harry had been part of! Commentators are saying that it must sting, and that Harry would have definitely got it himself if he hadn't flounced.

He could have waited till after the trip so I think the snub was intentional, along with saying he had other "priorities" and that's why he couldn't meet with Harry. He was at a fucking garden party with 1000 people. As one talking head said, surely he could have had one more guest - Harry!

by Anonymousreply 162May 12, 2024 7:48 AM

R146 Rich jewel tones will make her look more black than white, which is what she doesn’t want. Except in Nigeria of course.

by Anonymousreply 163May 12, 2024 8:30 AM

A military patronage is not a "Royal status upgrade", r162. William's patronage was announced before Harry went to Nigeria. Charles had been Colonel-in-Chief of the Army Air Corps and he simply handed the patronage to William, so it went from the former Prince of Wales to the current Prince of Wales.

Charles himself didn't say anything about "priorities". Charles was doing things like meeting prime ministers and holding investitures, including to the Archbishop. Garden parties are formal royal events with invited guests from charities, local communities, people who work in public services, foreign diplomats, etc. They're not for all members of the royal family just to pop in, and certainly not for Harry, who has trashed the royal family and can't be trusted, to wander around.

"Commentators" say all sorts of things, especially when it comes to the royal family. They like to invent drama and scandal, it gives them never-ending bs stories to spew. Some "commentators" are even claiming complete garbage, such as that Harry had been Colonel-in-Chief of the Army Air Corps and Charles took the title from him and gave it to William on the day Harry arrived in London. This is in supposedly "credible" publications such as Harpers Bazaar and Cosmopolitan. This is complete garbage, Harry had never been Colonel-in-Chief of anything and the handover wasn't announced that day.

This Harper's Bazaar article even admits that this is a handover from Charles to William, i.e. Charles, not Harry, previously held the title, that it was announced in August 2023 and that the official handover is on 13 May, i.e. tomorrow, when Harry will be back in California. Yet, somehow their story spin is "Charles takes military patronage from Harry and gives it to William on the day Harry arrives in London"!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164May 12, 2024 8:37 AM

Harry and Meghan don’t like garden parties. They went to one and asked to leave early because it was too onerous.

by Anonymousreply 165May 12, 2024 12:52 PM

WHO LET HER IN? 🤬

by Anonymousreply 166May 12, 2024 1:38 PM

I don't like Meghan and Harry, but I really don't like what thinking about them does to me. He's a twit. She's a grasping clotheshorse. They're going to be taking these stupid faux-royal trips for as long as someone will sponsor them. I choose not to feed their sense of entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 167May 12, 2024 2:01 PM

R167, I'm sure they're crushed by your attitude towards them!

While we all opine and argue about these things, in general, I would like to remind people that Charles, William, Harry, and Meghan don't even know we exist and truly do not give a fuck how we feel.

by Anonymousreply 168May 12, 2024 2:37 PM

Camilla is the one. It's her fault! She's the one!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 169May 12, 2024 2:39 PM

You know, this whole Monarchy thing is going away by the time it's Georgie's turn. There's nothing very grand to hold them together. Elizabeth II was an historical figure, OK? She was a part of the WW II generation and she had the weight of her father's history and the abdication, and working with Churchill, etc. So she endured. Probably too long. But the train of History is going to slow down once her son passes the torch to her Grandson, and he tries t o pass it to her great grandson. It will no longer be this grand sweeping, historic thing. The British Royal Family will fade and be just like the other Royal Families of Europe. Oh, they will be around, and they will have their titles, but the so called "modern monarchy" will be very much downsized in every way. What I will be interested in seeing is how they divest from all their holdings, and I am sure Parliament will be happy to figure that out. Then we may really learn about what a bunch of tax dodgers they truly are, and we can tour all the palaces as much aswe like. That is my prediction, anyway..

by Anonymousreply 170May 12, 2024 3:04 PM

I laughed at the hard faced wife's swirling yellow sharpie hued caftan, and when Harold kissed the badly drawn portrait of Di. Queens!

by Anonymousreply 171May 12, 2024 3:06 PM

R170. You’re American, right?

by Anonymousreply 172May 12, 2024 3:08 PM

R162 he’s heir to the throne. The only status upgrade possible is becoming King. Get a grip! Also, your posts read as if they were written by ChatGPT with a hangover.

by Anonymousreply 173May 12, 2024 3:13 PM

[quote]You know, this whole Monarchy thing is going away by the time it's Georgie's turn. There's nothing very grand to hold them together.

Ahem. I think you will find you're mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 174May 12, 2024 3:14 PM

R167, I told you that I prefer not to think about them, and you pointed out that they don't care what I think about them. That's what I assume. I don't think I'm the center of anyone's universe. I think we can all lead happier lives by not following their public appearances. They're annoying.

Second point. I'm American. I could care fuck all about the royals.

by Anonymousreply 175May 12, 2024 3:21 PM

Oh, I'm R167. My response was directed to R168. These things happen.

by Anonymousreply 176May 12, 2024 3:23 PM

Your prediction that the glamour of and popular affection for the monarchy will diminish may prove true, but It is pretty foolhardy to predict its abolition in a mere 40 or 50 years. The monarchy can survive quite a lot of public indifference. It’s always easier to maintain the status quo than to install something new. Installing something new requires initiative and an agreement on what the new thing should be. The number of people who are highly motivated to end the monarchy is not large. The House of Lords continues to exist despite having no hold on popular affection yet still exists with no end in sight. Charles inexplicably remains the king of Australia and Canada. If the monarchy were easy to discard that wouldn’t be the case.

Currently, there’s no more reason to think the monarchy will disappear than that the electoral college will disappear. If something as outdated and harmful as the electoral college can survive in a modern democracy, a benign and currently fairly popular monarchy certainly can.

by Anonymousreply 177May 12, 2024 3:24 PM

R172, yes, I am, but I do think my British "cousins" would benefit from the perspective of some who aren't as" close to it all as the Brits are. In the UK itself I daresay there are many who share my view.

by Anonymousreply 178May 12, 2024 3:47 PM

R178 Just my observation as a fellow American. As a country that is crumbling and very openly "flirting" with fascism, we probably shouldn't be giving any other countries advice about how to govern their affairs.

by Anonymousreply 179May 12, 2024 3:57 PM

I don't care anything about the monarchy, which is why I post in threads devoted to the British Royal family and its travails. Also, I think as an American I am eminently qualified to advise my British "cousins" how much better they could be handling their affairs. They need to be more like us!

by Anonymousreply 180May 12, 2024 4:06 PM

"Second point. I'm American. I could care fuck all about the royals." - You obviously do care about them, r175, given that you are so opinionated and pontificate so much about them.

by Anonymousreply 181May 12, 2024 4:28 PM

R178, nobody in the UK shares your moronic views, not even the tiny republican fringe, because even they are fully aware that the notion that the monarchy won't exist in a couple of generations is complete bullshit.

You're also completely ignorant about the monarchies in other European countries, where they are very popular.

by Anonymousreply 182May 12, 2024 4:32 PM

Are you a bot? I'm stating my opinion, not pontificating. I know precious little about the royals and really feel their survival is a matter for the UK to decide. I have had strong opinions about Harry and Meghan. I couldn't believe what a twat she was for saying "No one asked how I am." He embarrasses himself whenever he opens his mouth. But idiots abound. Why focus on them when they're so annoying?

by Anonymousreply 183May 12, 2024 4:34 PM

[quote] [R167], I told you that I prefer not to think about them, and you pointed out that they don't care what I think about them. That's what I assume. I don't think I'm the center of anyone's universe. I think we can all lead happier lives by not following their public appearances. They're annoying.

[quote]Second point. I'm American. I could care fuck all about the royals.

And yet, HERE YOU ARE, on a thread all about them.

by Anonymousreply 184May 12, 2024 4:36 PM

Girls! Back on topic ....

The yellow caftan thing isn't horrible, and the hair and makeup were fine. However, donning the heavy Nigerian skirt gifted to her at the disco lunch and pairing it with a heavy white shirt with scrunched up sleeves is BAD. Instead of Sharon Stone at the Oscars, she's giving hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 185May 12, 2024 4:58 PM

Behind closed doors at Adelaide Cottage, peels of laughter must erupt whenever the occupants go online to follow the enduring comedy of the Meghan and Harry show.

Oh look honey, Meghan's standing in her knowing in Nigeria, come quick, look at this!

by Anonymousreply 186May 12, 2024 5:03 PM

Laughter is the best medicine. Alas, we haven't heard anything about Catherine. Wonder if the silence is noteworthy.

by Anonymousreply 187May 12, 2024 5:06 PM

R187, on Friday William was asked by a staff member at a hospital in the Isles of Scilly "how Princess Kate is doing" and he replied that she was "doing well", so I guess she's doing well in the circumstances. He also seems in good spirits. There's no silence, if members of the public ask William then he will answer, but they're not going to give media/social media updates all the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188May 12, 2024 5:21 PM

Polo look. I love it when the elites hold "fundraisers" in impoverished nations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189May 12, 2024 5:48 PM

That dress needed a belt, she really is fashion blind.

by Anonymousreply 190May 12, 2024 5:53 PM

Today’s tragic look

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191May 12, 2024 6:02 PM

That is the irony. The American upthread has concluded the monarchy isn’t going to survive because it’s losing its allure. Yet here he is commenting on an institution that has no practical relevance to him, and has no apparent interest in commenting on the German presidency, for example.

Nobody is denying some British people oppose the monarchy. You can find anything in a country of tens of millions of people.

by Anonymousreply 192May 12, 2024 6:04 PM

You know what?

Markle wants to lazily in-between-it when it comes to her garments.

By that I mean, it's obvious she won't take the time and expend the money on a curated, tailored wardrobe that suits her body shape.

Nope, she wants to rely on her own regularly scheduled bad-taste choices, believing she can rely on her own judgement. She can't.

There was only one time when she got it exactly right, even to the extent where I considered her among the best-dressed : QE II's funeral.

I'm in the minority, but that slightly dramatic, air of villainess, cape and sheath ensemble with the perfect hat was Markle at her best garment choice. Whoever advised her on that deserves a medal.

by Anonymousreply 193May 12, 2024 6:11 PM

The boob size varied from look to look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194May 12, 2024 6:31 PM

Yes, she did look good at the funeral. I think maybe because the queen died while they were already in the UK so I’m assuming she had to quickly outsource wardrobe procurement?

by Anonymousreply 195May 12, 2024 6:35 PM

The yellow tent dress was a good color and her hair looked fine. With the spur of the moment Nigerian wrap skirt, the white shirt with 2-3 buttons undone, gaped horribly and her hair was a mess. A simple white T-shirt would’ve been better.

But now, another backless maxi dress with a plunging neckline; the fabric looks cheap and wrinkled.

by Anonymousreply 196May 12, 2024 7:11 PM

She has dieted away her boobs, and her legs look like dessicated twigs, yet she still has no waistline. I kind of feel sorry for her: she really got shafted, figure-wise. Maybe that's the source of her try-hard insufferable bitchiness?

Nah.

by Anonymousreply 197May 12, 2024 7:31 PM

Supposedly she's there to source coffee for her next round of gift baskets to people who don't want it.

I'll be curious to see if this rumor comes true.

If so, I don't think she will get the free pass on profiting from child slave labor picking coffee beans that Clooney does. She doesn't have the surface charm he has perfected that dissuades the media from calling him out on his hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 198May 12, 2024 7:37 PM

Smile for the Netflix camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199May 12, 2024 7:49 PM

That blue skirt makes her look so boxy. Which she is, but there are ways to dress around that.

by Anonymousreply 200May 12, 2024 7:58 PM

It can't get worse than that wrap skirt with the plain white man-shirt. Jesus. (watch her prove me wrong)

Of COURSE, Americans are going to be interested in this hilarious idiot! She's a bit of fun, to brighten up a boring day. And she is one of our own, I'm mortified to say. An American celebrity! Was even on a tv show. So what is this shit about why are Americans interested in the British monarchy?

Why are we "interested" in the Kardashians? in Justin Bieber's breakdown? in that Huw guy's naked bottom? Because it's FUN! and funny as hell. Same with Hazbeen and the pompous idiot. You couldn't write funnier jokes.

by Anonymousreply 201May 12, 2024 8:03 PM

Her using the title "Duchess of Sussex" in her public, professional life is beyond ridiculous. It's as if Jamie Lee Curtis used the title Baroness Guest. She's not British, she doesn't live there, and the title has no meaning here in the U.S. Same with Prince and Princess Harkle.

And before the Royal Marys come after me, yes, I know that she's technically entitled to use it. However, it strikes a false note for Americans and seems very try-hard. If she's going to eschew the whole royal family, she needs to go back to being "Meghan Markle."

by Anonymousreply 202May 12, 2024 8:51 PM

r191 Somewhere a hotel is wondering which guest stole a beach towel

by Anonymousreply 203May 12, 2024 8:57 PM

Meghan looks pristine. So much more attractive than Kate.

by Anonymousreply 204May 12, 2024 9:02 PM

^ Welcome, Helen Keller, to DL.

by Anonymousreply 205May 12, 2024 9:07 PM

She looks like Mary-Kate and/or Ashley Olsen in R111's first picture. (I don't know which is which, but she looks like one of them.)

by Anonymousreply 206May 12, 2024 9:08 PM

Meg looks manly

by Anonymousreply 207May 12, 2024 9:18 PM

More reaction of Harry and Meghan's visit from the Nigerian Media. Despite the spin in British/America media, on the grounds it seems to be overwhelmingly negative.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208May 12, 2024 9:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209May 12, 2024 9:31 PM

R180 history will show that the Brits have had their own experiences of "flirting with Fascism." And I know we have problems here. I have been very actively working to help defeat the forces who are trying to abolish our Constitution and our Democracy. But I can still make observations and hold opinions about the state of the Monarchy. And I don't think it is unrealistic to believe the Monarchy will be hugely altered after Charles. I believe William will get rid of a lot of stuff, and nonsense, much of the pomp and ceremony should be consigned to history books at some point. Not everything, but the modern Monarchy will look more like the rest of Europe than the days of Elizabeth and Charles.

by Anonymousreply 210May 12, 2024 10:00 PM

Your assumption is a lot of the stuff, pomp and ceremony is somehow harmful or ill received. It's Britain at its best on a lot of days. The risk for the monarchy isn't tradition - tradition and continuity are the essence of monarchy - the risk is becoming political, appearing lazy and running your mouth past the point of no return. All the European monarchies have their days of pomp and ceremony and stuff. You just don't hear about it much because it doesn't sell. Look at the most popular members of the royal family vis a vis the polling. There are a fair number of traditionalists there. Kate's not exactly Meghan Markle in her activity, is she? Neither is Princess Anne.

by Anonymousreply 211May 12, 2024 10:26 PM

When you find something that doesn’t work for you, wear it in various patterns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212May 12, 2024 10:57 PM

R210. When was Britain’s flirtation with fascism and why can’t history report it yet, but you can?

by Anonymousreply 213May 12, 2024 11:02 PM

R208's clip is funny. Those ladies are going off on her. "Why does she claim Nigeria, of all the states in Africa? A Nigerian girl who was lucky enough to marry into the royal family would have known what to do.... We have aunties, uncles, the extended family" would be treated with respect, etc., etc. Poor Mega-star!

by Anonymousreply 214May 12, 2024 11:11 PM

Starting to look like this whole tawdry affair backfired on them yet again. Just like every other initiative they undertake (with the exception of Harry's poisonous book).

by Anonymousreply 215May 12, 2024 11:34 PM

Fake Royal Tour. "Sussex Brand Is A Frustrating IRRITATION" | Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Visit Nigeria.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216May 13, 2024 12:34 AM

Nigeria!

by Anonymousreply 217May 13, 2024 12:44 AM

Is harry looking to have the next invictus game in Nigeria?

What was the purpose of this very off brand psuedo royal visit?

They’re both so silly and foolish

by Anonymousreply 218May 13, 2024 12:53 AM

r149 Can you not count internet troll? They met in 2016.2016 to 2024 is not 10 years.Why the need to follow Meghans example and embroider and embellish facts?

by Anonymousreply 219May 13, 2024 1:09 AM

What's with the red scribbles on the red dress in r194's link?

by Anonymousreply 220May 13, 2024 1:17 AM

This entire visit to Nigeria is a big friggin phony farce. And it is NOT a tour that connotes anything "royal."

The Nigerian defense ministry invited these two lying, grifting fools and is footing the bill because some in Nigeria want the Invictus Games in Nigeria in 2029 to raise it's image and status in the world (if that would even do it unfortunately considering no one cares about Invictus except the participants}. Invictus in Nigeria will will never happen. No way will Invictus be held in one of the most dangerous countries in the world. It would be an utter security nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 221May 13, 2024 1:43 AM

Let's hear it for the Banana-Yellow Tour

It's been an incredible success!

We weren't quite sure,

We had a few doubts!

Would Meghan win through?

But the answer is 'Yes'!

And 'No'!

And 'Yes'!

And 'No'!

And 'Yes'... and 'No'...

by Anonymousreply 222May 13, 2024 1:57 AM

Nigeria. Snort

by Anonymousreply 223May 13, 2024 2:08 AM

The two biggest scammers in Nigeria at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 224May 13, 2024 2:11 AM

Ode to the Monarchy as recited by Wee Georgie!

"Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. " William Shakespeare From The Tempest, Act 4 Scene 1

by Anonymousreply 225May 13, 2024 2:24 AM

[quote] She looks like Mary-Kate and/or Ashley Olsen in [R111]'s first picture. (I don't know which is which, but she looks like one of them.)

Mary Kate and Ashley actually have style. It might not be your taste, but they know what they're doing, fashion-wise.

The long, flowing, yellow dress was the nicest outfit.

by Anonymousreply 226May 13, 2024 2:31 AM

I meant her face, R226.

by Anonymousreply 227May 13, 2024 4:32 AM

No "first world" country will have them as royals, so now the grifting Markles are descending upon Nigeria, a poor, black, third-world country trying to cash in with Netflix camera crew in tow.

It's all bullshit. The British government representative in Nigeria issued a statement saying that this visit by the Markles is not sanctioned by the United Kingdom, although the Markles did get the Nigerian government to pay for them--lowdown grifters.

by Anonymousreply 228May 13, 2024 4:42 AM

The final neutral-colored, oddly draped dress is another fail. Doesn't she have a gay best friend to point her in the right direction?

by Anonymousreply 229May 13, 2024 4:52 AM

Boo fucking Hoo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230May 13, 2024 6:00 AM

Meghan proclaims her supposed feminism from the rafters at every opportunity, and she's shown that she drops family members like hot potatoes. Neither of these things is calculated to appeal to Africans in any way.

by Anonymousreply 231May 13, 2024 10:47 AM

Well if Megsy baby comes out with a Nigerian Blend Coffee for her American Riveria Orchards then we will know why she was there.

"Try my new coffee from my homeland"

by Anonymousreply 232May 13, 2024 11:09 AM

I would love to know what’s going through her head right now. When she decided to drop out of the BRF Kate getting taken off the roster permanently or very long-term would have seemed like the remotest of possibilities. She has to now be thinking through the “what if?” I think she’s basic and an undisciplined thinker, not a horrible person. So she might be capable of wondering what her role in the whole shit show has been and having regrets. OTOH, it must also be a really bitter pill to have the BRF’s ability to completely manipulate the media and public opinion be so transparently exposed without people saying, “Hey, maybe….”

by Anonymousreply 233May 13, 2024 11:36 AM

“She might be capable of wondering what her role in the whole shit show has been.” No she’s not.

Narcissists don’t do that. She knows that everything she’s done has been absolutely correct but that she lives in a world that hasn’t yet been optimized to meet her every need. Despite one laughable failure piled on another, she has yet to realize that life is a series of accomplishments undertaken for the benefit of others, not a parade of disastrous debacles that have destroyed any credibility - personal or Royal - she might once have had.

She’s only capable of wondering why her latest whim wasn’t met before she expressed it and who will be shitcanned as a result.

by Anonymousreply 234May 13, 2024 12:11 PM

That photo at r20 is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 235May 13, 2024 12:30 PM

As I analyze the situation here's my take: Harry is a Blood Prince. His father is the King. He's famous because of that. We watched him grow up and experienced the death of his mother and his father's scandalous behavior. Fine. He was raised in an environment were Service was emphasized. Everyone in his family serves through all kinds of patronages and activities. It was structured. Harry himself even admitted he needed structure, which is why he particularly liked his time in the military. I have no problem with him leaving the RF and that structured environment with all their orders of nobility and strict codes of protocol, etc. Even his Aunt Princess Anne said she thought he was smart to leave.Fine. But HArry wants it both ways. He still thinks of himself as part of the RF, and wants to act and do things similar to what he did when he was part of it. And be treated as he was back then, but he also wants his freedom. This is impossible. He needs to let go entirely. if he wants to live in America, and have f reedom, and support charities, fine. But this both ways bullshit is t he road to disaster for him. As for his wife, she too is now very famous. Her wish is simply to monetize that. But all this Royalbullshit they both continue to wrap themselves up in, is looking worse with the passage of time. He should be transitioning and he seems reluctant to do that. She's just silly. She can't even develop into a 3rd rate influencer. I bet she would kill to have done the red carpet for the Met Gala. If Harry would become more low profile, he might get onto some boards of directors of non profits or companies who want to improve their own charitable footprint. and get paid for it. And Meghan could be some kind of lifestyle and fashion maven. What ever. Having said all that, I do believe some in the Palace staffers do fuck with him when they can.

by Anonymousreply 236May 13, 2024 1:01 PM

Charles could help HArry get financially stable without opening up his personal wallet. A lot of wealthy Europeans and members of "Noble houses" in Europe have placed family members in respectable positions all over the world to make them seem respectable. He could land a job in Banking or something with diplomatic ties, or some Real Estate Investment firm, or WTF ever. Hell is it Beatrice who has some fake job at an art gallery? There are a lot of avenues out there where Charles could park HArry and buy his silence too. The bargain would be go away and keep your mouth shut about the family, and we will get you a position with an income at some international something, something. He could be sitting pretty if he would stop fumbling around and if Charles would stop trying to appease William and Camilla, by appearing to be petty. The whole thing is a shit show. It doesn't have to be. And if the trip to Nigeria is f or business d evelopment, Meghan and HArry better watch their step, because the Nigerians are the best, most professional Grifters in the world, second to none. Not even Russian Oligarchs are as good.

by Anonymousreply 237May 13, 2024 1:10 PM

Ozempic tits at r111.

R162, Charles couldn't have invited Harry to the garden party. Harry's a nasty, abusive idiot.

by Anonymousreply 238May 13, 2024 1:12 PM

I'll leave diagnosing Markle as a narcissist to others, but I do know that if she is one, she's a failed one.

I agree with r233.

That risk they both took of pushing all their chips in on that Oprah interview, Netflix interview and "Spare" may have paid -off in the short-term, but long-term gain? The position and status at which they want others to perceive them?

Those risks, where the downside is steep, but the possible gain is substantial, hasn't paid off in gain.

And I think somewhere inside she knows that.

Does anybody really believe Markle has zero awareness of the that recent Vogue Magazine presentation of Gwynneth Paltrow's "A List" (ugh, I hate that term, but it will have to do) Montecito dinner party to promote GOOP and that designer Loro Piano?

Even if speculated about in the best possible light on her behalf, that is, Markle was invited and had to turn it down, I find it more likely she wasn't included. I think she would have made sure, somehow, that we all knew she was invited.

I don't care how tough you are, if you were left out of that party, plus the fact that YOU LIVE IN MONTECITO, that's had to have stung Markle.

Markle just isn't good at this whole celebrity thing. She lacks that "It" factor. She's not relatable, she's not likable and has no sense of humor about herself. If she was, she wouldn't have been a "C List", mid-30s, minor celebrity with a 6th on the call list cable series, with not many moves left, by the time she met Harry.

If she and Harry had an ounce of astuteness at how to play the game after seeing the laughing stocks they became over the fallout of the high-speed chase, they'd have been the first to have WME call Lorne Michaels and ask him if he was interested in them appearing on SNL in a skit where they could poke fun at themselves.

But No.

Being an immediate member and working Royal within the BRF amounted to a gigantic opportunity dropped into her lap.

She blew it. Harry even more so.

Think about it. By now, if they had stuck it out, mere celebrity would be beneath them, but no, they're now scrounging around for relevance just like any other rat in the Hollywood Rat Race.

Congratulations, Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 239May 13, 2024 1:12 PM

[quote]Charles couldn't have invited Harry to the garden party. Harry's a nasty, abusive idiot.

Nor is he a working Royal. Nor wou;d he be perc eived as a civilian invitee by the other guests. Nor has he earned the invitation through charitable works or humanitarian efforts.

He is toxic in that milieu.

by Anonymousreply 240May 13, 2024 1:34 PM

Peter Phillips married a Canadian woman. They are now divorced, apparently amicably, but I wonder about her story. There’s less media attention on that family but there’s still a good deal of photo appearances with the kids being the same ages as Zara’s kids. At any rate, she didn’t run off to Oprah to tell her side.

by Anonymousreply 241May 13, 2024 1:35 PM

R241 Zara and her husband, and Peter Phillips have PR people who make sure they get photo'd or not photo'd. But the plain truth is, the public doesn't much care about them. They get mentioned because they're related to the king. Or the Princess Royal in this case. Unfortunately HArry and Meghan still get headlines. They still draw interest. Very little of it is positive, but there you have it.

by Anonymousreply 242May 13, 2024 1:39 PM

If HArry had shown up at the Garden Party (he was in the UK for Invictus) he would have taken up all the space in the tabloids . LOL! Charles Camilla, PoorEdward, Sophie -Make-It-Happen, etc. would have been eclipsed by the drama, both real and manufactured, but HArry's presence. It would have been all about Harry and his Pa and WTF ever. That's why it would never happen.

by Anonymousreply 243May 13, 2024 1:41 PM

Peter Phillips' ex-wife was at the Cheltenham horseracing a couple of weeks ago with her boyfriend, r241. Peter and Princess Anne were there too.

It is actually possible to be in the public eye, however low key, yet still have an adult private life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244May 13, 2024 1:43 PM

Peter and Autumn's split; what was the speculation of the tattling class?

by Anonymousreply 245May 13, 2024 1:48 PM

Nothing, r245. Marriages sometimes end. This one ended. The reasons why are nothing to do with anyone other than the couple involved.

by Anonymousreply 246May 13, 2024 1:50 PM

If theirs ends, everything to do with Meghan. Harry is a delicate flower, so it’s all her fault.

by Anonymousreply 247May 13, 2024 1:52 PM

R244, but they were never famous. Harry has been famous his entire life. Everything he did was documented from the time he was born. You can't compare him to his cousins. He does have an opportunity to sort of become low key. In fact, since the Queen's death, he has been comparatively low key, at least for him. He was promoting his Invictus games so he couldn't completely disappear. IMO this Nigerian excursion was not well thought out. Deciding to accept the Royal treatment make him and his wife look kind of pathetic, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 248May 13, 2024 1:54 PM

R237. Haha. Charles is being petty? If the whole royal family spat at Harry for the duration of the garden party, I think most of the public would sympathise. But Charles also to think of his public role. He needs to be seen not to be too indulgent of his son in his public role because of Harry and Meghan’s corruption and the filthiness of their conduct towards the British people.

And seriously, you think a bank would hire an offensive moron like Harry?

by Anonymousreply 249May 13, 2024 1:58 PM

Zara Phillips is married to Mike Tindall, a former professional rugby player who has made a successful transition post pitch. He has a successful career as a rugby commentator and podcaster. Zara too has had a rather successful career as a sportswoman. Her brother has had some difficulties.

Generally, Zara and her brother benefited from their mother's refusal of royal titles for them. They re part of the Royal Family's circle but have made the transition to private citizens rather well. Lady Sarah Chatto has as well.

The problem with Mr. and Mrs. Harry Mountbatten-Windsor of Monteito, Calif., USA is that she and, now, he are like Kaiser William II...they wish to be the center of attention...like the bride at every wedding and the corpse at every funeral.

The system doesn't work that way, and I believe that is what drove them out of Great Britain.

by Anonymousreply 250May 13, 2024 2:04 PM

Enty's first blind today is that Meg wants new breasts. Take it with a grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 251May 13, 2024 2:21 PM

She SHOULD want new breasts and new eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 252May 13, 2024 3:28 PM

She should be more concerned with some coolsculpting around her waist.

by Anonymousreply 253May 13, 2024 4:03 PM

I bet they've had a good time. Harry has said before that the entire continent of Africa (which encompasses 11.7 million square miles) is their special place!

by Anonymousreply 254May 13, 2024 4:10 PM

Is there an explanation for the bulging vein on Markle's forehead at r20? It only appears in a few photos. Heat or stress related?

[QUOTE]He could land a job in Banking or something with diplomatic ties, or some Real Estate Investment firm, or WTF ever.

Do you really believe he has the brain power to do this? Or the willingness to apply himself to learn about a field and put in a solid days work?

by Anonymousreply 255May 13, 2024 4:26 PM

Meghan is not a team player and wouldn't have survived in any family, whether the opulent Royal family or a middle class family. She's a belligerent, defiant contrarian.

She refused to wear the color theme for any Royal event or photo most notably Louis' christening. If she had married into a middle-class family who were taking a family portrait on the beach of all the generations all wearing blue jeans and white button-down, long-sleeved shirts, she would have shown up in khakis and a red polo shirt or a tank top.

When called out on her attention seeking ways, she shifts the blame and says "I was just trying to dress in boring neutral colors so as not to call attention to myself". Bullshit, being in a separate color from the rest of the group immediately makes you stand out regardless how neutral and boring the color.

by Anonymousreply 256May 13, 2024 4:36 PM

BPC/R250: According to his daughter Alice Longworth, her father, Teddy Roosevelt, not Kaiser Wilhelm, wished to be the center of attention at every event no matter how insignificant. Much like the Mountbatten-Windsor-Kardashians of Montecito do today.

by Anonymousreply 257May 13, 2024 4:45 PM

4 different kings came from their kingdoms to declare her a princess so now she's a princess x4. take that Kate!

by Anonymousreply 258May 13, 2024 4:48 PM

Kaiser Wilhelm II also did, r257. Notoriously, when his grandmother Queen Victoria died, he stepped up without being asked to carry her body from her bier onto the royal yacht, which was to ferry her body from the Isle of Wight to the mainland, which he did right in front of his uncles who were her actual sons (including Edward VII, who as the new local sovereign outranked him). Everything always had to be all about him.

by Anonymousreply 259May 13, 2024 4:52 PM

R255 HArry doesn't need a brain to get a "position" in banking or any other international enterprise, or even to get a seat on several boards. He is the son of the King. He will be the brother of the King. He is part of the Royal family. All over Europe and in the international community, the sons and relatives of VIPs get "positions" (not jobs) . Here's a theoretical example: The RF's and The Crown has billions invested in businesses all over the world, including real estate trusts and other endeavors. The international Finance community has an interest in keeping them as clients and partners, etc. So if a discreet "ask" is proposed, they would happily park a member of the RF or Whoever, someplace discreet, that would generate income. But the trade off is discretion. The trade off is keep your mouth shut and your profile low. If HArry had good sense and knew how to behave, he could swing it. But I think that ship has sailed.

by Anonymousreply 260May 13, 2024 4:53 PM

Harry has shat all over his family and everyone knows he's trouble. Anyone employing him would be taking a side against Charles and William, so that connection isn't of much benefit to Harry or any future employer hoping to ingratiate themselves with the King.

by Anonymousreply 261May 13, 2024 5:06 PM

R248, you can compare Autumn and Peter Phillips to Bea and Eugenie though. We hear so much about the latter two and their husbands and families. No it’s not the same intensity as with Harry but it suggests that it would’ve been possible to claw back some privacy *if that’s what Harry and Megs wanted.*

by Anonymousreply 262May 13, 2024 5:18 PM

[quote] Harry has shat all over his family

Literally?

by Anonymousreply 263May 13, 2024 5:19 PM

R257, thank you. I stand corrected. Alice Longworth was a fount of the bon mot and putdown.

But R259 and I have read it was also said about the Kaiser.

by Anonymousreply 264May 13, 2024 6:01 PM

R261, you misunderstand. Charles and William would both have to sign off in order for anything to happen to benefit Harry. The third parties would be doing it as a favor to them., not Harry. Now as I step back, and watch this soap opera drama play out,two things occur to me. First, as I look back at all the fuck ups and ne'er do wells of the past, it seems like the RF has a history of not being helpful to family members.

The Queen threw Peter Phillips a bone when she allowed him to publicize his role in producing the Festivities for one of her milestone celebrations. And I have no idea who favored Beatrice with her jobs. But in general, members of the extended RF were on their own as far as generating something to do and making some money of their own. I've also read that Zara does commercials and has some brand endorsements that generate income because of her separate involvements as an athlete.

But the biggest example of their reluctance is Andrew and Fergie who were both spending wildly beyond any crown income they got from the Queen, but they schemed and conspired endlessly to put business deals together all on their own, and capitalize on their positions to get favorable outcomes for businessmen in various projects. Andrew used his position with the Trade Board to finagle deals for himself at great embarrassment to the RF and the Queen in particular. Poor Edward tried to capitalize on his rank as the #3 son, generating projects and documentaries and failed spectacularly. It was almost as if the RF encouraged people to not have competencies, or sabotaged efforts to go on their own. In a way it is a form of control.

Which brings me to my second point. Harry. Right now Harry is out here floundering and embarrassing them. (Yes, he is.) And he is a loose cannon. So if I were in charge of the world, I would tell Charles and Harry and William that they need an arbitrator. A negotiator who will negotiate a peace treaty with all parties, and financially tie Harry down to end his embarrassing loose cannon behavior. Yes I am suggesting that Charles settle Harry into some kind of position, or some kind of income stream conditional on him shutting up and sitting down. Because right now, they all look foolish.

needs to put an end to this, and if it costs him a fucking cup of tea at the garden party so be it. Charles knows very well how to shake down rich people for his own interests. He claimed his staff did it unknown to him, but that's pure bullshit. The apple doesn't fall far from the Tree. Harry's trying to survive out here with poor skills, and Charles looks ridiculous, because everyone knows he is a selfish, penurious bastard all on his own. He controls Andrew's purse strings, and Anne's and Edward's and all the Yorkies and horse people. That's why Zara and her Rugby chap show up so often on public occasions. Much more so than when Elizabeth was queening. Right now everyone wants to kiss Charles's ass and ingratiate themselves to William. Good luck with that last one.

by Anonymousreply 265May 13, 2024 6:03 PM

Thing is there is no way to silence or control Harry or his harridan.

No NDA or threat of cutting off money will ever shut them up. If they break an NDA or agreement and Charles cuts off money or some cushy job, they will just go to the press and cry to the public that they were forced to sign the agreement under duress or someone at the job or wherever was inappropriate with them, etc. etc. There is no end to the grievances they will manufacture if anyone tries to enforce rules.

It's a bad situation.

Too bad Queen and/or Charles didn't have the fortitude to send her packing BEFORE the wedding. There would have been fallout, but it would have blown over eventually especially since she was only a girlfriend and not yet family/

by Anonymousreply 266May 13, 2024 6:18 PM

That Prince Joachim of Denmark has a diplomatic job arranged by his mother the then Queen. First in France and now in D.C.

But I'm guessing Joachim may actually have some brains and can function at a job despite his bitterness over his brother and also at having his kids' titles being yanked.

Halfwit Harry on the other hand, did poorly in school, had to have exams taken for him or grades fudged (I don't recall which) and he couldn't pass military exams for promotion so granny had to promote him instead.

But they are both unattractive so they have that in common.

by Anonymousreply 267May 13, 2024 6:31 PM

R266, maybe this is when Harry and wifey discover how cold it is out here. If they are properly chastened I think they can be made to fall in line. But I think some tough love with doors slamming in their faces will make them both more amenable to cooperating. Especially if a settlement is structured in such a way as to compel compliance.

by Anonymousreply 268May 13, 2024 6:39 PM

And if Markle had any sense, she would not have married him and instead be his publicly recognized girlfriend, have a baby by him to anchor Harry emotionally, mentally and his money.

An accomplished, skilled far thinking Courtesan/Mistress would have said to herself , “The hell with marrying him. Let some other poor woman put up with those headaches”.

Markle, right now, would be far, far more interesting in that role rather than marry him, and could be monetizing the hell out of that.

And if she insisted on marrying him, she should have made the Royal gig work and drag Harry along with it.

Apparently, she had enough of an upper hand with him to do that.

Now, they’re half-in and half-out but not the way they wanted QE II to agree to.

They’re half a joke and half out on their asses from Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 269May 13, 2024 6:46 PM

I get your argument, R269, but everything points to average intelligence, low impulse control, stubbornness, covetousness and a bunch of run of the mill mean girl characteristics. Plus she's attractive, but no great beauty, and leaving young behind. She would only be so interesting for so long and then just a reliable source of a laugh when she behaved badly as time moved on. She was never A list. She was never going to be A list. In marrying Harry, she transcended lists. The safety she sought from life was in the job she turned her back on, because she couldn't bring her worst instincts under control and probably never understood the rules of game (in paritcular that being wife of second in line wasn't an insult directed at her personally.)

She's no Wallis Simpson, that's for certain.

by Anonymousreply 270May 13, 2024 7:05 PM

California finds their charity delinquent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271May 13, 2024 8:33 PM

First, Harry and his wife would never have been happy with a mere sinecure. They wanted to be mega rich superstars. Second, the royal family can’t be seen to be publicly handing favours to the family members. None of the long analysis above has any relevance.

by Anonymousreply 272May 13, 2024 9:28 PM

R266. There’s no way on earth the royal family could have refused to let Harry marry Meghan. We’ve seen what was made of one supposed statement speculating about the color of their child . Charles and Elizabeth would have been denounced as worse than Hitler and Stalin combined.

by Anonymousreply 273May 13, 2024 9:35 PM

The RF would not be publicly handing out favors. You're completely missing the point, R272. And once humbled, those two crazies would comply. No one was wilder and crazier than Fergie, but once she was a complete embarrassment walking around wrapped in various scandals, she settled down...and she didn't do it for free. She was also "endorsed" by the Crown and was able to snag some contracts and publish children's books. But it took a while for her. I think Meghan is a quick study. Harry is clueless. He needs guidance. He is stumbling around like a blindfolded 12 yr old. His problem is that he hasn't taken good advice when it was offered and he has been rash and impulsive. After a little kid bumps their head enough times they figure out how to not do that. Harry didn't realize how protected he was by the Crown, until he left. From what I have read He was always going to leave. Meghan didn't give him the idea.

by Anonymousreply 274May 13, 2024 9:46 PM

I don’t think for a minute that Harry would have quit and left if he had married Chelsy or Cressida. I think he would have been the mostly ok guy we remember from his 20s, the guy who founded Sentebale and carried about AIDS orphans.

by Anonymousreply 275May 13, 2024 10:12 PM

R271 Whoops...."Detailed-oriented" Meghan at work again.

by Anonymousreply 276May 13, 2024 10:15 PM

R185, the sleeveless yellow muumuu is hideous. She looks as bad covered up as she does with her huge gut covered in Lycra, with side zip buckling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277May 13, 2024 11:35 PM

R236, r237.

Harry in BANKING? REAL ESTATE? DIPLOMACY?

He had to cheat to graduate high school. In Afghanistan he was known as Bunker Harry by the army personnel who actually fought/worked.

All that little bitch wants to do is whine, get high and play video games all day. He and Markle think they're Diana 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 278May 13, 2024 11:55 PM

[quote]Whoops...."Detailed-oriented" Meghan at work again.

She'll blame her staff. That's how she rolls.

by Anonymousreply 279May 14, 2024 12:42 AM

Thanks for the link up thread, R208.

Those Nigerian women have Mrs Harry's number big time. They are dubious of her 43% Nigerian claim and don't see any Nigerian qualities in her at all. They are also very critical of how she behaves toward both her own family and Harry's family including comparisons to other women who have married princes.

Ouch. And delightful.

They are smart, thoughtful well spoken women.

by Anonymousreply 280May 14, 2024 3:59 AM

I'm just fascinated by how Meghan gets every single dress wrong. if it's the right color, then she can't get it in a size or shape that fits right.

by Anonymousreply 281May 14, 2024 4:05 AM

I know that it’s silly to question Meghan’s relationship with the truth (which has always been tenuous) but I’m genuinely curious about her claim that she is 43% Nigerian.

Forgive me, as maths was never my core competency, but as her dad is white, then the 43% must come from her mother Doria. So Doria must be 86% Nigerian, is that right?

However Nigeria as a state only came into being in 1960. Doria was born in 1956. How does “Nigeria” come into it when the republic of Nigeria didn’t exist before1960? Her (Doria’s) antecedents could have come from that general area but that part of West Africa also includes Ghana, le Côte d’Ivoire, Burkina Fasso, Sierra Leone, Gambia, Liberia and Senegal, among other countries including present day Nigeria.

Has anybody called her out on this claim? She may as well claim that her roots are in Cleveland (Doria’s birthplace) or Pennsylvania (Thomas’s). Not quite as exotic, I guess. Meghan is a joke, but that’s hardly news.

by Anonymousreply 282May 14, 2024 5:08 AM

Ancestry service providers give results understandable by laypeople, i.e., they provide locations on current maps. In any case, her flogging the "43% Nigerian" horse is funny. One could ask her if she also feels kinship and pride in her UK/Irish homeland, as I'm sure that the majority of her comes from Ireland/Scotland/England or Wales.

The charity thing is probably a paperwork mistake, but it's a particularly cruel blow to them while they're in transit from MM's homeland that the tabloids can trumpet that their foundation is "delinquent."

by Anonymousreply 283May 14, 2024 5:51 AM

Paperwork mistakes may be excused for a charity (although they shouldn't, given how many scams are associated with registered charities) but there is no room for such mistakes when running a business, such as American Riviera Orchard is supposed to be.

"The cheque was lost in the post" is such a lame excuse, especially from a European perspective, where we barely use cheques anymore and use instant online payments instead.

by Anonymousreply 284May 14, 2024 8:50 AM

Claiming to be "43% Nigerian" is so bizarre because Nigeria contains dozens of different ethnic, religious, linguistic and genetic groups, some of whom have serious tensions with each other, resulting in the "Biafran" War. If Meghan had even the slightest knowledge of Nigeria, she would be aware of that.

by Anonymousreply 285May 14, 2024 9:16 AM

Online payments only no checks, for a "paperrwork mistake" that they knew about in January. Further, Achiewell cannot raise or spend money while delinquent. Uh oh embarrassing..

by Anonymousreply 286May 14, 2024 1:22 PM

The Nigerian claim is more fundamentally ridiculous than that. Unless she’s claiming her father had Nigerian ancestry, her mother would need to be 86 percent Nigerian. How would that happen? Even if you ignore the sexual assaults enslaved people endured, does she think that almost every one of her American ancestors on her mother’s side checked to see if a potential partner was Nigerian before mating or marrying with him or her?

by Anonymousreply 287May 14, 2024 2:01 PM

I wonder why she wants to say Nigerian as opposed to Ibo or Yoruba? Why not be accurate?

by Anonymousreply 288May 14, 2024 3:42 PM

Didn't she also claim to have Cypriot ancestry to score a free trip to Cyprus back when she was still on Suits?

by Anonymousreply 289May 14, 2024 4:45 PM

Can someone please hack her 23andme account so we can verify?

by Anonymousreply 290May 14, 2024 5:43 PM

Better yet, sign her up for Finding Your Roots.

by Anonymousreply 291May 14, 2024 5:49 PM

I think that was Malta, R289. Maybe not ancestry, but a historical family association that didn't even pan out to be true.

by Anonymousreply 292May 14, 2024 6:10 PM

Thanks, r292. Yes, Maltese. I wasn't sure. I was even thinking Crete, but claiming Greek might have been a bit much, even for her. Then, again, there's never too much for her.

by Anonymousreply 293May 14, 2024 6:35 PM

The “Nigerian” is pleasantly vague. Why identify a specific tribe if it will alienate the 249 other ethnic groups?

by Anonymousreply 294May 14, 2024 10:18 PM

Didn’t she make a speech in South Africa where she told a group of schoolgirls that they were all her sisters?

What the hell - South Africa, Nigeria - it’s all the same, right Megs?

by Anonymousreply 295May 14, 2024 10:37 PM

Her nipples was hanging out the loose low cut neckline, I saw a picture online (they put a smiley face over the boob). She is so inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 296May 15, 2024 1:38 AM

I bet the other 57 percent of her DNA is Irish. She could go to Ireland without Harry of course and do an Irish jig with the schoolchildren there.

by Anonymousreply 297May 15, 2024 2:08 AM

43% indeterminate Nigerian, lots of Maltesian, too!!!

She's SO...

by Anonymousreply 298May 15, 2024 2:15 AM

R296 She's a whore!! They love to play peekaboo with their nips and slits. They think it's sexy but it's pure trash.

by Anonymousreply 299May 15, 2024 3:01 AM

I guess that with her 43% Nigerian heritage that she spent most of her spare time on tour catching up with her Nigerian relatives. Meghan has always placed a priority on family, as we know.

by Anonymousreply 300May 15, 2024 4:28 AM

Her poor father has got to feel like he is constantly getting the knife stuck in, she dropped her own father because he didn't fit in with the story line she told Harry.

by Anonymousreply 301May 15, 2024 8:07 AM

R300, care to lay a bet on when she will ghost/Markle them?

R301, they each stuck the knife in to the Markles and the Windsors. Only Doria and dead Diana get a look in. Do they each suffer from a Mummy complex?

by Anonymousreply 302May 15, 2024 8:47 AM

[QUOTE]they each stuck the knife in to the Markles and the Windsors. Only Doria and dead Diana get a look in. Do they each suffer from a Mummy complex?

I would enjoy your interpretation. In a literary sense, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 303May 15, 2024 9:15 AM

Back in California.

Is that a helicopter? I can't quite make that out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304May 15, 2024 5:36 PM

Shame Kate is dying.

by Anonymousreply 305May 15, 2024 6:49 PM

R305,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306May 15, 2024 6:57 PM

Nigeria!

by Anonymousreply 307May 15, 2024 10:37 PM

One plane/helicopter crash away from no more Sussex threads.

by Anonymousreply 308May 15, 2024 10:44 PM

Harry has officially been relegated to the role of “the spare” in their joint public appearances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309May 15, 2024 10:56 PM

He’s closer to the bar that way.

by Anonymousreply 310May 15, 2024 11:09 PM

What happened to her eyebrows? They're so bushy now.

by Anonymousreply 311May 15, 2024 11:29 PM

River called her Groucho Marx.

by Anonymousreply 312May 15, 2024 11:32 PM

That pic has been filtered and pshopped every which way, starting with deletion of the 3" forehead botox vein.

by Anonymousreply 313May 15, 2024 11:56 PM

I love it when River gets stuck into her outfits. It's such a shame he doesn't speak normally anymore.

by Anonymousreply 314May 16, 2024 12:05 AM

$oulmates

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315May 16, 2024 12:12 AM

How do those eyebrows happen? Does she have an aesthetician that glues hair into them? Most women don't want eyebrows that thick and try to thin them down. And the vein. 😱 That's from botox? I guess I'm not up on the latest beauty practices and side effects.

by Anonymousreply 316May 16, 2024 12:13 AM

R316 the eyebrows have been a thing for a while now. Most women have them drawn on. The truly stupid have them tattooed.

Just this morning I read that thin, plucked eyebrows are on the way back. Poor Meghan missed the boat. As always.

by Anonymousreply 317May 16, 2024 12:19 AM

[quote]What happened to her eyebrows? They're so bushy now.

Come to think of it, where was Omud Scobie during this trip?

by Anonymousreply 318May 16, 2024 3:42 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319May 16, 2024 8:52 AM

^ so stupid to lead with “why didn’t she mention sick Kate??” when there’s so many other bits to mine like:

“ 'What has been echoed so much in the past day is, "Oh, we are so not surprised when we found out you are Nigerian." It is a compliment to you, because what they define as a Nigerian woman is brave, resilient, courageous, beautiful.'”

which is an actual quote by Megs congratulating herself for being brave, resilient etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 320May 16, 2024 12:11 PM

It's here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321May 16, 2024 12:20 PM

I don’t understand the point of this trip. They are conducting diplomatic relations on behalf of… Montecito?

by Anonymousreply 322May 16, 2024 12:41 PM

The KarenMeghan MuuMuu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323May 16, 2024 12:42 PM

I should hope so. It looks like the original creation was under $50.

by Anonymousreply 324May 16, 2024 12:45 PM

I suppose she wears the tent dresses from time to time so as to condition him for when she goes full Tom. Genes gonna gene.

by Anonymousreply 325May 16, 2024 12:47 PM

Royal cosplay, r322. Competing with the Windsors.

by Anonymousreply 326May 16, 2024 1:03 PM

The video posted at R321 makes some valid points about MM’s wardrobe on the trip but goes way overboard in the criticism. Sure her clothes were either ill-fitting / wrinkled / wrong for the occasion. She did not, could not remake a white double-breasted suit into the one she wore last week. I doubt there was enough advance time to shop for a Nigerian designer wardrobe (and some of those fashion shots looked really cool) or have clothes made in Nigerian batik fabric. BRF tours are planned months if not years in advance. I don’t think the Nigerian Defense Minister was sitting on this news for months before he announced the visit. This was organized in a hurry.

As for the piles of expensive jewelry, I’m undecided. Yes, the average Nigerian is very poor but she was mostly associating with the wealthy ruling class. I think if she wore costume jewelry there’d be this sense of ‘playing poor’ when everyone knows she’s relatively wealthy. It’s a fine line to tread.

by Anonymousreply 327May 16, 2024 1:14 PM

R327. This was not a BRF tour. Planning could easily have been haphazard.

by Anonymousreply 328May 16, 2024 1:16 PM

It's just so dumb that they left behind being actually, officially royal in order to offer this cheapjack, knock-off version. The Duke and Duchess of Montecito, who do podcasts and cooking shows (or at least announce that they're going to) and send jam to influencers.

Why?

by Anonymousreply 329May 16, 2024 1:25 PM

Harry and Meghan are both exceedingly flaky— her reputation as a control freak notwithstanding. We’ve all known idiots who are extremely controlling of other people yet completely irresponsible when it comes to their own tasks.

I’m not surprised they were unable to fit into the royal machine. Meghan appears to have grown up in a pretty chaotic environment. Those people can sometimes focus long enough to get a bullshit communications degree, but it’s very hard for them to build a career. Plus she seems to be pretty trashy in general, so that doesn’t help.

Harry’s problems aren’t even worth rehashing. Their poor kids are going to be so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 330May 16, 2024 1:36 PM

Their children are going to have absolutely no social skills. No exposure to any family or family friends except Doria and a revolving door of nannies they don't get to bond with. I imagine Meg drives away any decent Nanny.

by Anonymousreply 331May 16, 2024 2:51 PM

I wonder what the differences were between the royal tours they did (Oz, RSA) and this self designed one. Less stress? More complications?

by Anonymousreply 332May 16, 2024 5:04 PM

Home $weet Home

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333May 16, 2024 5:20 PM

They seemed to be miserable on their (actual) Royal tours. So why are they doing fake Royal tours now? None of it makes sense. The tours seemed to be the part of the job they were eager to leave behind.

by Anonymousreply 334May 16, 2024 6:29 PM

The Fail speculates they are doing fake tours just to show Charles and William they can.

by Anonymousreply 335May 16, 2024 6:55 PM

Except they can't, r355, and the only reason anyone pays them any attention is because Harry is Charles' son.

by Anonymousreply 336May 16, 2024 7:04 PM

omg, that was a redemption tour? Never occurred to me.

by Anonymousreply 337May 16, 2024 7:34 PM

I meant r335, of course.

by Anonymousreply 338May 16, 2024 8:41 PM

Actually they enjoyed Royal Tours and public appearances. What they did not enjoy were the restrictions placed on them by the Palace.

by Anonymousreply 339May 16, 2024 8:56 PM

[quote] I don’t understand the point of this trip. They are conducting diplomatic relations on behalf of… Montecito?

Agree! Does Harry still think he’s representing the royal family?

If they played their cards rights, they could have been doing trips like this, in grand style, until the cows came home

by Anonymousreply 340May 16, 2024 9:26 PM

[quote]What they did not enjoy were the restrictions placed on them by the Palace.

Or as Meghan said on their Official Australian Tour: "I can't believe I'm not getting paid for this!"

by Anonymousreply 341May 16, 2024 9:33 PM

Did her mother once serve time for running a 'Nigerian Prince' type scam?

That's the connection with Nigeria.

by Anonymousreply 342May 16, 2024 9:46 PM

Charles needs to yank Harry's titles now!

by Anonymousreply 343May 16, 2024 10:10 PM

R343, Charles will never do that...but William will. Patience.

by Anonymousreply 344May 16, 2024 10:18 PM

Remember when harry was hot ginge?

by Anonymousreply 345May 16, 2024 11:00 PM

She's been on Ozempic for a while now and she mainly seems to have lost weight from her face and chest. Looks like she opted for chicken cutlets to fill out her bra here.

Why isn't she wearing a cotton version of Spanx?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346May 16, 2024 11:45 PM

[QUOTE]I doubt there was enough advance time to shop for a Nigerian designer wardrobe (and some of those fashion shots looked really cool) or have clothes made in Nigerian batik fabric

This is a serious question: Why do you believe she would have sought to focus on small-time Nigerian designers who couldn't do anything to elevate her profile?

by Anonymousreply 347May 17, 2024 1:53 AM

[quote]What they did not enjoy were restrictions placed on them by the Palace?

Do you mean not being able to get free stuff as working royals?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348May 17, 2024 2:05 AM

In the red dress above, her gut sticks out more than her tits.

by Anonymousreply 349May 17, 2024 2:12 AM

She looks awful, nothing new there. My eye is always drswn to her bright shining TEETH. Harry is no oil painting either, goin all baldy bald while filling the hair in with his ginger crayons for the tabs. Ole nipple twister, he is.

by Anonymousreply 350May 17, 2024 2:47 AM

R347, it was in response to that video about her fashion choices. The person said she should have worn some local designers as Kate and Diana have on their trips. But as has been pointed out, Nigerian fashions are exuberantly colored/patterned and Megsy stood out more in her neutrals.

by Anonymousreply 351May 17, 2024 2:50 AM

So pull away the Dukedom from Harry, and of course he will always be 'Prince Harry' but, Prince merely connotes 'son of a king' in this case, big whoop, so he's 'son of a king' .... its the Dukedom that he covets, as does his wife.

So leave him at Prince Harry, which he is by birth, the 'son of a king' and let Meghan come to terms with the title 'Princess Henry', bwhahahaha, she would just die having to use that title for cache!

by Anonymousreply 352May 17, 2024 4:14 AM

R339, a royal tour means representing the monarch abroad and therefore representing the United Kingdom abroad. It's therefore entirely reasonable that there should be a code of conduct when on a royal visit. Ditto with any public appearances.

by Anonymousreply 353May 17, 2024 9:28 AM

Being son of a king always beats being a duke, r352, even a royal duke.

by Anonymousreply 354May 17, 2024 9:29 AM

The message I got from this whole mess is that Harry and Meghan are trying to demonstrate to the RF, especially Charles and William, that they could be helpful if they were allowed to be. But I'd safely bet that their visit had the opposite effect. Whatever one thinks of Harry and Meghan, one has to acknowledge that William is very much like his Papa and is insecure and jealous of Harry. William is not jealous of Catherine as Charles was of Diana. For him it's Harry. But then I am old enough to recall that period when Andrew was popular and grabbing headlines for being a bad boy, and Charles had a hard time with that. Poor Charles. Eclipsed by Andrew, then by Diana, and now by Harry.

by Anonymousreply 355May 17, 2024 9:45 AM

^Halfwit Harry's PR flunkey has joined the Chat!

No one is jealous of Friar Tuck and Cruella de Markle, least of all billionaire Duchy of Cornwall beneficiary William.

by Anonymousreply 356May 17, 2024 9:53 AM

William is insecure and jealous of Harry?

At one time in the past when you’re young and don’t have the maturity to see the big picture, maybe that could be true.

But now? Bwahahahahaha!

Somehow, I don’t think the future King of the UK and the Commonwealth realms is jealous of Harry unless it’s in a moment of comprehending the enormous role, duties and burdens he’ll have once King Charles dead and Harry’s biggest problem is which California divorce attorney can he hire next.

by Anonymousreply 357May 17, 2024 10:01 AM

[quote] Whatever one thinks of Harry and Meghan, one has to acknowledge that William is very much like his Papa and is insecure and jealous of Harry.

The only person on this thread who believes that is you.

by Anonymousreply 358May 17, 2024 10:09 AM

William is beautiful. He'd be special if he had been born anyone and worked as, say, a mechanic. Harry has always been plain and now ugly. People's personalities show on their faces with age.

Meghan is sickening when she turns her Nancy Reagan-style, adoring gaze on Harry. Nobody could love him.

by Anonymousreply 359May 17, 2024 1:00 PM

Harry needs the dukedom so Megs can be a duchess.

It's sad that she uses her title so unnecessarily. To think that someone who "outranks" her introduces herself as Catherine.

R349, even with the chicken cutlets filling out her bra.

by Anonymousreply 360May 17, 2024 1:13 PM

The young girl has had sufficient of Megs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361May 17, 2024 1:16 PM

Funny, William jelly of Prince Dim. Almost-carte blanche to pursue whatever projects he'd like, a stunning family, and respect shown by HoS like Pres Biden, who made a special trip to Boston to support Will's Earthshot. Yeaaaah, makes sense he's jealous of his petulant man-boy brother and his lousy wife.

by Anonymousreply 362May 17, 2024 3:53 PM

Notice how all the photos from Nigeria are taken from close up, just Harry/Meghan and a few people around them, with no wide-angle shots? It's because the only people they attracted were the few visible in the photos around them. No wider-angle photos could be taken because they would reveal just how few people attended their "events", and most of those people were schoolkids who were told to be there.

by Anonymousreply 363May 17, 2024 4:06 PM

Jeebus what the hell happened to Megan’s face? It looks like it’s melting. Her body looks weirdly too thin with a bloated belly

She. was once very sexy and pretty.

by Anonymousreply 364May 17, 2024 4:44 PM

One gets the face they deserve R364.

by Anonymousreply 365May 17, 2024 4:48 PM

One gets the face one deserves, r365.

by Anonymousreply 366May 17, 2024 8:45 PM

Megz refuses to allow Harry to be in the middle of the photo with her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367May 17, 2024 9:28 PM

Jesus. That’s really obvious.

by Anonymousreply 368May 17, 2024 9:48 PM

From the Maureen Callahan article. Is she capable of restraining herself? He to self reference and the self regard are just pathological.

[QUOTE]Here was Meghan co-hosting a Women in Leadership event, bringing it all back to herself:

[QUOTE]'What has been echoed so much in the past day is, "Oh, we are so not surprised when we found out you are Nigerian." It is a compliment to you, because what they define as a Nigerian woman is brave, resilient, courageous, beautiful.'

[QUOTE]'A few weeks ago,' Meghan told the students, 'she looked at me and saw her reflection in my eyes. She said, "Mama, I see myself in you."'

[QUOTE]Ah, the Zen of royal toddlers. Princess Lilibet knows what's up: Affirm Mommy's greatness at all costs. Push through that limited vocabulary to praise and pay tribute.

[QUOTE]'I thought: Yes, I do see me in you, and you see me in you,' Meghan told the students. 'But as I look around this room, I see myself in all of you as well.'

by Anonymousreply 369May 17, 2024 9:55 PM

Wow. Sparkles really did force him to stand behind her. This is what narc love looks like.

by Anonymousreply 370May 17, 2024 10:13 PM

So...much...bronzer.

by Anonymousreply 371May 17, 2024 10:24 PM

R367 Harry is such a loser. How this douche doesn't see that his wife married him for his fame and title is beyond me.

The thread about the UK media pushing the idea that Harry should be welcomed back into the royal family appears to have been erased, but I wanted to say this. I feel the monarchy and its advisors are generally far more in touch with mood of the British public than the media is. By in large, the British public dislike H&M and have to desire to seem the return or that they be funded by taxpayer money. Despite claims that their Nigerian tour was a triumph, it will likely proven to have further cemented public opinion against them. Anyone with even an iota of a BS detector know that this "tour" was nothing more than a PR stunt designed to try and reassert their position as so-called global figures.

by Anonymousreply 372May 17, 2024 10:28 PM

JFC she’s insufferable. He’s a fucking doormat.

by Anonymousreply 373May 17, 2024 11:09 PM

r354 No it doesnt as Harry was only made a Duke in 2018 aged 33 and William was only made a Duke 28.Lots of examples through history of Kings sons not being instant Dukes. So always- no.

by Anonymousreply 374May 17, 2024 11:38 PM

My original point was, Harry and Meghan covet the Duke and Duchess for merching purposes, and Meghan loves the whole aura of sophistication that the word 'Duchess' imbues, despite not being able to pull that role off whaqtsoever .... let her wander around the world as The Princess Henry; it would likely offend her to be seen as a property of her husband

by Anonymousreply 375May 18, 2024 1:45 AM

Modern royal dukedoms are conferred at marriage, except for Edward who preferred an Earldom (although that may have been because of his parents' preference about the future of the Edinburgh dukedom.)

I love that word - dukedom.

by Anonymousreply 376May 18, 2024 1:49 AM

All would be right in the world if I was a Duke even for one day.

by Anonymousreply 377May 18, 2024 1:52 AM

'Absolutely furious': Harry and Meghan's Nigeria trip angers King Charles, Prince William.

Royal expert Tom Quinn told the Mirror that the trip "confirmed Harry's family's worst fears," leaving Prince William and King Charles "furious".

“Everything you might expect from an official royal visit was there — the receptions, the visits to schools and charities, to wounded soldiers and the disabled,” Quinn said.

“Charles is said to be angrier than anyone has ever seen him.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378May 18, 2024 4:44 AM

R375 - no different today. She’s only the Duchess because she’s the wife of the Duke.

Funny how her feminist principles have been ok with that, instead of being plain ol’ Meghan Markle.

Although it is a ridiculous name.

by Anonymousreply 379May 18, 2024 5:08 AM

What happened to the Earl of Dumbarton plan?

by Anonymousreply 380May 18, 2024 5:43 AM

Not sure of any plan - Earl of Dumbarton is one of Harry’s subsidiary tiles. By rights his eldest son should be Earl of Dumbarton as a courtesy title but the Harkles didn’t like the name so they announced that he would just be known as Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.

Because Archie’s such a lovely name.

After some delay following the death of Queen Elizabeth it was announced that their two children would have Prince/Princess titles as grandchildren of the monarch. So now he’s Prince Archie, poor kid.

How to set him up for relentless bullying once he’s at school.

by Anonymousreply 381May 18, 2024 6:00 AM

Being the son of a king always beats being a duke, r374, even a royal duke. Was the Duke of Gloucester "above" any of the late Queen's sons or above either William and Harry before they became dukes? Is Harry, the Duke of Sussex, "above" Prince George? Does the Duke of Westminster have a more important title than Prince Louis? Does the Duke of Westminster have a more important title than Princess Eugenie? Is he "above" Lady Louise?

Kings' sons aren't instant dukes because the title duke doesn't afford any particular status in the way that the condition of being a prince does. Being born a prince is far more unique and significant than later being given a nice honorific title as a wedding gift (with the idea that this will add a little "magic" to you and your non-royal spouse as you act as working royals).

by Anonymousreply 382May 18, 2024 6:20 AM

R381, the fact that Archie and Lilibet did not automatically become prince/princess the second their grandfather became king suggests there was possible disagreement about whether they would even be given those titles. Prince Edward's kids, who, unlike Archie and Lilibet, were born as grandchildren to the monarch, never had those titles, even though Edward is a far more significant working royal than Harry.

Letters Patent were not issued to give Archie and Lilibet those titles on birth, as they were for Charlotte and Louis before they were born.

by Anonymousreply 383May 18, 2024 6:27 AM

She's getting uglier.

Does she try to look terrible?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384May 18, 2024 8:21 AM

[quote]Does the Duke of Westminster have a more important title than Prince Louis?

You bet your little cotton socks he does. The duchy he controls is worth an estimated 9 billion pounds.

by Anonymousreply 385May 18, 2024 2:08 PM

There is no "duchy" attached to the title Duke of Westminster, r385, and the Grosvenor family wealth - which is completely unrelated to the title - does not make the title Duke of Westminster more important than a prince.

by Anonymousreply 386May 18, 2024 2:13 PM

She's gotten more wrinkles from all the smiling work and a ton of grays.

She thinks doing her job is smiling. Someone should tell her she's allowed to be human. She comes off like a stepford wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387May 18, 2024 2:14 PM

Harry outranks Edward and he did from the moment of his birth. They are Blood Princes: William and Harry, the sons of the King. Not sure but I think this is also true of George and Louis. Archie is also an automatic Prince. Charlotte and Lillibet are automatically Princesses. Now the king can bestow titles and confer various advantages like properties and WTF ever, but when you Father or grandfather is King you're a prince by birth. It is not conferred upon you like other Royal titles. You're "born that way."

by Anonymousreply 388May 18, 2024 2:26 PM

"Harry outranks Edward and he did from the moment of his birth." - How does Harry outrank Edward, r388? Harry is exactly the same as Edward - except Edward was born to the then monarch, while Harry was born to the then heir. Edward lived 58 years as the son of the monarch, while Harry has only lived 18 months as the son of the monarch.

The difference between Edward and Harry is that Edward is a working royal while Harry performs no royal duties and doesn't even live in the country.

by Anonymousreply 389May 18, 2024 2:32 PM

"You're "born that way." - Except Archie and Lilibet were absolutely not born as prince and princess, r388, and their grandfather was not monarch when they were born. Edward's kids were born as prince and princess and grandkids to the monarch, yet they don't use the title. Letters Patent had to be issued so that Charlotte and Louise could be born prince and princess, otherwise they would not have been born that way. Letters Patent were specifically not issued for Archie and Lilibet.

by Anonymousreply 390May 18, 2024 2:53 PM

Is she pregnant? That tummy.......

by Anonymousreply 391May 18, 2024 3:00 PM

When Napoleon and Josephine and the nobles were rehearsing for his coronation as Emperor of France, at one point during the rehearsal, his sisters angrily walked away from carrying Josephine's train and complained they had no titles or recognition as sisters of the Emperor. So he walked passed each one of them, slapped them on the head and said something like, " There. now you're all Princesses. Stop fucking around."

by Anonymousreply 392May 18, 2024 3:00 PM

Among her people

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393May 18, 2024 3:06 PM

Doria Raglan is 100% Nigerian, at least with the scams she's pulled.

by Anonymousreply 394May 18, 2024 3:14 PM

Harry is a sideshow.

by Anonymousreply 395May 18, 2024 3:20 PM

Unfortunately Harry and Meghan are ripe for exploitation by the wrong kinds of people. I hope they hire or at least listen to the right people and vet these "invitations" properly. Of course, to be fair, Charles and Andrew have had their share of meetings with shady people who had checks attached to their arms. Lets not develop selective amnesia.

by Anonymousreply 396May 18, 2024 4:13 PM

David Onyema has been a US fugitive from justice since 2019. Among other things, he funneled the proceeds from tbree of his charities to his business. I heard he was #1 on the Nigerian welcoming committee in irder to give the Sussexes tips on how to run their delinquent foundatuon

by Anonymousreply 397May 18, 2024 6:00 PM

Apparently Archiewell went belly up 4 months ago, so surely they knew before they went.

by Anonymousreply 398May 18, 2024 7:32 PM

Members of the Royal Family outrank everybody, including dukes. In fact dukes are outranked by archbishops, some politicians, and some members of the Royal Household. In fact dukes can outrank dukes, depending on the country where the dukedom is held.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399May 18, 2024 10:25 PM

[QUOTE]does not make the title Duke of Westminster more important than a prince.

This seems like a precedence vs. importance matter. You can argue importance to the state for the Prince of Wales and his children who are in direct line to the throne, but Anne, Andrew, Edward, Harry and the York sisters? No.

by Anonymousreply 400May 18, 2024 11:45 PM

Titles are granted by the Crown, so anyone who is a titled member of the royal family holds a title of more importance than anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 401May 18, 2024 11:59 PM

Nice look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402May 19, 2024 12:41 AM

"Grifter Welcomes Grifters."

by Anonymousreply 403May 19, 2024 2:44 AM

"Grifter Welcomes Grifters."

by Anonymousreply 404May 19, 2024 2:46 AM

Terms like precedence and rank don't really fit in a context where the monarchy no longer has political power and the nobility no longer plays any role in public or political life.

In the UK today, other than the King, who is head of state, the main working royals, whose duties also include assisting the King, are Camilla, William, Anne and Edward. Catherine has a slightly different role as she would never stand-in for the king. There are also the Gloucesters and the Kents in a slightly different capacity. Andrew could have played the same role as his sister and younger brother if he'd been less of a fool.

Harry has no significance in British public life. He has no role as a working royal. He does not assist the King nor does he represent the British state diplomatically abroad. The only reason he's in the news is because of all the kerfuffle he's created. He and Meghan will fade away over time, while William will only become more prominent. Before we know it, William's kids will enter their teens and twenties and there will be more interesting young royals on the scene.

by Anonymousreply 405May 19, 2024 11:31 AM

Ingrid Seward, Editor-in-chief of Majesty Magazine, told Fabulous: “Well, they've got the problem that they don't want to be photographed and seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406May 19, 2024 1:06 PM

Speaking two months ago, Mr Arbiter said: "If Diana had been alive, I'm going to stick my neck out here, and I doubt Harry would have married Meghan." He went on to add: "Diana was very careful about her boys, they were her boys. She protected them, and she would have protected them against anybody she felt wasn't the right person."

He then spoke of how Harry had a "number of girlfriends" but they didn't want to "be in the goldfish bowl", but he wanted something like his brother William had - a marriage and kids. Mr Arbiter added: "My own personal opinion is that he rushed into the marriage."

He went on to say that he believes Diana, who sadly died in 1997, would have put a "question mark over it", noting that he feels Harry wouldn't be where he is now if Diana was still alive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407May 19, 2024 1:10 PM

Classic Harkle response to not being invited.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408May 19, 2024 1:11 PM

Meghan won! Harry came second!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409May 19, 2024 1:18 PM

The public clinging to each other is inappropriate for two people who want to project an image of seriousness (assuming they actually do.) I know they'll never grasp it but less is more. They live in a such a narcissistic, detached from reality bubble. What a couple of cunts.

by Anonymousreply 410May 19, 2024 1:18 PM

Back in the day, when he was in his 20s and early 30s, Edward was absolutely mauled by the tabloids - for not being "manly", for dropping out of the marines, for being artsy and into drama, for wanting to go into the theatre and TV, for the Royal It's a Knockout. Harry was never attacked by the media in the same way while he was still a working royal. The things the tabloids did to Sophie when she first appeared on the scene were horrendous. Meghan, on the other hand, was gushingly welcomed.

Edward spent some time doing his own thing, trying to have a career, starting a business, getting some experience in the wider world, starting his family and focusing on them first, and now he's one of the most respected members of the royal family, while Sophie is very popular and focusing on important issues such as sexual violence against women.

Harry could have done his thing, worked in an area he was interested in (even William did that, as a helicopter rescue pilot), focused on his private and family life. Meghan could have eased her way in, taken a step back from the limelight, then, once she'd had her kids and they were a bit older, become more involved in causes and issues close to her heart. But, no, everything has to be on a huge, grandiose level for Harry and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 411May 19, 2024 1:26 PM

“Meghan could have eased her way in, taken a step back from the limelight”

No she couldn’t. She is incapable of doing so. Quite a bit has been written, here and elsewhere, about her inability let alone unwillingness to avoid attention and the spectacularly bad ways she’s made shit up on the fly they’re then raked over the coals for as soon as it’s recorded and reported.

by Anonymousreply 412May 19, 2024 1:42 PM

Weddings and funerals of the wealthy and famous are my favorite types of gossip.

That's delicious stuff at r408, even though I can't take it all at face value: ''...sources close to the Sussexes say they received a save the date card....".

Harry and Meghan could be arranging to attend probably, in that milieu, the swankiest social event on the summer calendar, but, instead, they're in California, hustling for relevance.

I've not a shred of anything to base the following on but, I think it's possible the Sussexes weren't invited.

by Anonymousreply 413May 19, 2024 1:54 PM

Arbiter, in R407, makes the point that is probably most true; had Diana not died, Harry would have been a different person. Not necessarily a better or less problematic person, but not vulnerable to marriage to a Markle type.

by Anonymousreply 414May 19, 2024 2:37 PM

R413, I think you're very likely right. This is a side picking thing now. Which side do you think the Duke of Westminster is gonna pick? Not for nothing he's godfather to Prince George and William's an usher at the wedding. Now, do we invite Harry and his first wife?

Not likely.

by Anonymousreply 415May 19, 2024 2:38 PM

Just what I was thinking, too, r415.

And the following seems fantastical, but I don't dismiss out-of-hand that the wedding couple talked with both King Charles and William in a delicate conversation clearing it with King Charles on the question of whether he would be offended if they didn't invite the Sussexes.

And King Charles let them know he would not be, all systems go.

I predicted a long time ago that, one day, Harry would realize he bit off his nose to spite his face.

by Anonymousreply 416May 19, 2024 3:00 PM

The day has come. Good thing for Harold that his Nigerian in-laws are so eager to know him.

by Anonymousreply 417May 20, 2024 12:33 AM

Best train crash ever.

I thought the terrible outfits she wore in Nigeria were a gift, as who would even think to wear what she does?

But this...

If JR and Alexis had lobotomies, then met and married. That's who the Harkles could be likened to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418May 20, 2024 10:20 AM

Something tells me the Sussexes were warned well in advance about this conman by the Palace or the Ministry of Defence, but their concerns went unheeded, for whatever reasons.

Do you really think the UK government would let dim Harry go in completely on his own misguided self? Isn't Invictus still part of the MoD which cooked it up as a PR project, not necessarily for Harry, but as bandage PR for their involvement in U.S. follies?

by Anonymousreply 419May 20, 2024 10:52 AM

Anybody still buying Charles and William are furious?

They're laughing their asses off.

by Anonymousreply 420May 20, 2024 11:24 AM

Yes I do believe "tbe Palace" is completely hands off at this point. Invictus is not a royal patronage and has nothing to do with them either.

by Anonymousreply 421May 20, 2024 11:24 AM

[quote]They’re thinking why is she wearing a backless full-length evening dress to a visit a school?

R6 She's very light-skinned compared to them, so they're probably wondering if she's really black.

by Anonymousreply 422May 20, 2024 11:29 AM

The Harkles won't be invited to any parties in the UK or USA.

American celebrities don't want them at their parties because they don't want the details of their partying to end up in halfwit Harry's next book like the details of Courtney Cox's party.

Aristos aren't going to invite them to their weddings, etc. because the prestige lies with the Royal Family attending. Also, they too don't want their event being detailed in the next book.

by Anonymousreply 423May 21, 2024 1:45 PM

Exactly. Meghan of all people should have realized that's the way it works.

by Anonymousreply 424May 21, 2024 3:56 PM

There are times I think she's no smarter than him.

by Anonymousreply 425May 21, 2024 4:45 PM

R425. Agreed. For example, I’m not sure he would have been stupid enough to go to Uvalde.

by Anonymousreply 426May 21, 2024 9:43 PM

Maybe he didn't famewhore at Uvalde because he couldn't go in his "capacity as a mother".

Meanwhile, fewer breeders are naming their kids after the Harkles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427May 21, 2024 11:00 PM

With the Grosvenor wedding pending, which will be like a posh class reunion, you have to wonder if Harry misses anything about his old life, before Meghan (BM.) Maybe he really is of such limited intellect that this California lifestyle of nursing his grievances is enough for him. It's very Duke of Windsor. Except they filled the hours as socialites, whether it was or it wasn't an empty existence. At least there was something to do. I can't imagine she's going to get any easier to live with as her great plans continue to fail or amount to nothing. The money is surely going to get tighter? The children will grow up and go their own way. What's going to be left?

I don't quite get these calls to forgive and forget. He betrayed them all for money, which you might, somehow, get past, but now you can't trust him. She's surely squirrelling away all her secrets for the divorce, to either auction to whoever is king or to publish for a fat advance that will see her out in some style. Love them or loathe them, who could honestly argue they can be trusted in private life? As we all know:

Unable to swim, a scorpion asks a frog to carry it across a river. The frog hesitates, afraid that the scorpion might sting it, but the scorpion promises not to, pointing out that it would drown if it killed the frog in the middle of the river. The frog considers this argument sensible and agrees. Midway across the river, the scorpion stings the frog anyway, dooming them both. The dying frog asks the scorpion why it stung despite knowing the consequence, to which the scorpion replies: "I am sorry, but I couldn't resist the urge. It's in my nature."

by Anonymousreply 428May 22, 2024 12:22 PM

[quote]She's surely squirrelling away all her secrets for the divorce, to either auction to whoever is king or to publish for a fat advance that will see her out in some style.

If it's William she'll have no chance. He'll let her publish and then just let it be known to the press that she's lying, even if she's not. Who ya gonna believe? She's cried Wolf too many times.

by Anonymousreply 429May 22, 2024 2:50 PM

[quote] He'll let her publish and then just let it be known to the press that she's lying, even if she's not

If Buckingham Palace wasn't bluffing and it actually does exist, the findings of that bullying investigation may be "accidentally" leaked. Remember they announced that it would not be disseminated.

"Oh, my. Now, how could that have happened?"

As I've written before, the Coca-Cola recipe? Meh. The unpublished portion of the Dead Sea Scrolls? Mild interest. Who caused the death of Jean Benet Ramsey? Yes, I'd like to know.

But none of that compares to my interest in reading the findings of that investigation, assuming a report exists.

by Anonymousreply 430May 22, 2024 3:16 PM

Any info from the Harkles consists of half truths and outright lies. Oh sure, it's their truth but they are both so emotionally and intellectually impaired only idiots at their corresponding level believe anything they say.

by Anonymousreply 431May 22, 2024 6:14 PM

Going after the tabs is one thing, but going after Rupert himself?

Harry = Girl, you in danger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432May 22, 2024 11:02 PM

Harold's hair is looking lusher than ever.

by Anonymousreply 433May 22, 2024 11:45 PM

Meanwhile..... Young Royals Join Prince William at his Garden Party at Buckingham Palace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434May 23, 2024 1:47 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435May 23, 2024 2:29 AM

Defiling Gravitas

by Anonymousreply 436May 23, 2024 2:41 AM

anyone know if this true?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437May 23, 2024 4:28 AM

Apparently they do put out two covers, whether it’s A/B testing or subscribers/Newstand, who knows.

by Anonymousreply 438May 23, 2024 9:43 AM

So we just aren't supposed to ask where Kate is?

by Anonymousreply 439May 23, 2024 9:45 AM

In the Mail today the gossip columnist Richard Eden says she may not return to public duties until the autumn. Then yesterday in the Mail there was a reference to her being seen in public a few times recently.

It's going to get out of hand again, I imagine. The election and new government will provide a little cover, traditional media wise.

by Anonymousreply 440May 23, 2024 11:24 AM

So, no, R439.

by Anonymousreply 441May 23, 2024 11:25 AM

It was really nasty of Diana to reveal publicly that Charles wanted their second child to be a girl. She cut Fergie out of her life because of a revelation that Fergie caught warts from wearing Diana's shoes. But thought pushing a rift between her fucked up younger son and his father was okay. There's a reason why she was reduced to spending the summer of 1997 with the Al Fayeds.

She was a total desperado and quite a bitch. Had she lived, her star would have dimmed further instead of being burnished by an early death. She'd have fucked up more, and would possibly have been seen for what she mostly was by her younger son, assuming she didn't mess him up more than he currently is.

Great that she humanised AIDS victims when it was desperately needed, but as a person she was more than just flawed. She was a complete mess. Manipulative on a grand scale, petty and cruel. Her sons attended boarding school from a young age so she didn't even see them every day before the separation from Charles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442May 23, 2024 1:01 PM

Harry lies too:

"I just thought something didn't feel quite right about this, so I dug away and dug away a bit deeper and found out that actually, Harry had asked if he could stay and Charles had said yes, come and stay son. You come and stay in a royal residence, you are near where I am so it's going to be much easier for me to see you given what's going on with my diary and your diary.

"And that turned everything on its head because the narrative from Harry that I wanted to see my father but he is too busy to see me, actually the reality was Charles said yes please do come and stay in a royal gaff and that would make it much easier for me to see each other."

In response, The Times assistant editor Kate Mansey remarked: "Someone at the palace told me that the King was bruised by that statement that Harry put out, which all plays into exactly why."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443May 23, 2024 1:03 PM

Are you American, r439? The Princess of Wales is getting briefings on the work of her early childhood centre and the other week William told some people on the Isles of Scilly who asked him how she's doing that she's doing well. She won't return to public appearances until it's cleared by her medical team and, in case you weren't aware, she's receiving treatment for cancer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444May 23, 2024 3:54 PM

If you've ever had cancer, you would give Kate and Charles your greatest sympathies and respect their privacy, regardless of how you feel about the monarchy or them personally. The truth is that there are always a few people who act like assholes around people with cancer. I had lunch with a friend being treated for metastatic cancer and got a sample of what she's dealing with.

One friend complained to her about his bunions and told her that a picture she took in her hospital bed was unpleasant to look at. Someone else invited her to her son's graduation but asked her to buy a wig instead of wearing a scarf or knit cap over her bald head. A former student called her for help on a project and after she assisted him was told that her suggestions were unhelpful and suggested chemo affected her brain. It hasn't from what I can see. What a thing to say.

This is what an ordinary person has to deal with. Imagine what the Windsors must put up with.

This is truly one of those situations when if you can't say something nice, shut the fuck up. Kate will emerge when she's good and ready. No one with cancer owes anyone anything after they've taken a leave of absence.

I can't imagine what it would be like for Kate or Charles to be around Meghan and Harry. That's cruel and unusual punishment.

by Anonymousreply 445May 23, 2024 5:30 PM

Yes!

Thank you, R445.

by Anonymousreply 446May 23, 2024 5:38 PM

Harry is as vengeful and spiteful as Diana was when it came to being wronged.

by Anonymousreply 447May 24, 2024 9:50 PM

boo hoo poor widdle babies

by Anonymousreply 448May 24, 2024 11:46 PM

^hi Meghan!

by Anonymousreply 449May 25, 2024 12:57 AM

Beatrice is doing a visit to sit with little kids and pretend to listen. Looks like an official RF visit. But maybe it is just another family member doing stuff to draw attention to themselves and pressure William and Charles into letting them help out.

by Anonymousreply 450May 25, 2024 1:16 AM

^^^ or maybe, like a lot of wealthy women, she does volunteer charity work.

by Anonymousreply 451May 25, 2024 4:53 AM

R450 is astonishingly clueless. This is how all the stupid theories about the royals start: someone, often a non-Brit, with very little idea about British society and the royal family, sees one tiny thing, takes it out of context and ignores the zillions of other things someone part of or associated with the royal family has been involved with that week, starts imposing their half-baked ideas on it, and comes up with a ridiculous conspiracy theory.

by Anonymousreply 452May 25, 2024 5:59 AM

Exactly, R452.

by Anonymousreply 453May 25, 2024 6:01 AM

There's a poll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454May 25, 2024 12:28 PM

There's a bullshit article of made-up garbage, r454.

by Anonymousreply 455May 25, 2024 12:33 PM

R455, my post was about there being a poll.

by Anonymousreply 456May 25, 2024 12:40 PM

A poll asking a stupid question related to that stupid article, r456.

by Anonymousreply 457May 25, 2024 12:59 PM

Night, sugar.

by Anonymousreply 458May 25, 2024 1:09 PM

I can see it now. Harry’s new brief with Invictus will be scouting out countries for future games. They’ll travel the globe meeting with officials and looking at facilities for 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030. Megs will be establishing Archiewell foundation projects in each one. Pseudo-royal tours every year!

by Anonymousreply 459May 25, 2024 1:56 PM

That article is pointless. Charles cannot remove a title. Only an act of Parliament removes a title.

by Anonymousreply 460May 25, 2024 2:38 PM

I would expect that King Charles III would only have to ask Parliament. I'm sure Parliament would be quite quick to at least give it fulsome consideration, coloured with the weight of the request coming from the Head of State.

by Anonymousreply 461May 25, 2024 2:45 PM

Nobody is going to make a move against their stupid titles.

by Anonymousreply 462May 25, 2024 3:24 PM

Now I read Catherine may not be seen for the rest of the year.

Waiting to be attacked by the UK guy in this thread....

by Anonymousreply 463May 25, 2024 5:41 PM

The first lady of Nigeria seems to throw shade at Meghan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464May 25, 2024 5:55 PM

Link, R463?

The Mail has nothing and it would be all over re-reporting somebody else's reporting like Meghan on a grievance.

by Anonymousreply 465May 25, 2024 9:58 PM

Catherine will return to public engagements whenever is best for her.

by Anonymousreply 466May 25, 2024 10:06 PM

It is incredible to me that Meghan and Harry only stayed three days in Nigeria. Who the fuck travels across the world like that for three days. It isn’t like they are doing anything important back in the US, for god’s sake. It makes it look they can’t stand to be there, which is undoubtedly true. I bet it was that cunt Meghan who found the idea of being in Africa for more than a few days yucky.

by Anonymousreply 467May 25, 2024 10:54 PM

r465 The Daily Beast and other publications have picked it up

by Anonymousreply 468May 26, 2024 12:12 AM

The reality of chemo is that you have good days and bad days. Chemo can last for six months--longer if your blood count indicates you're not ready to proceed. . None of the "where's Kate" people have any first or second-hand experience with cancer but they all know some woman who had a lumpectomy and was back at work a week later. Colon or ovarian cancer ain't no walk in the park, particularly if Kate had her colon resectioned. Treat the woman as you'd want to be treated in this situation.

by Anonymousreply 469May 26, 2024 12:28 AM

'The Beast article is nothing but "will probably" and "are expected to" and "is expected to". It's a close as you come to a reliable publication and then barely. Click bait and foolish to fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 470May 26, 2024 1:12 AM

The family must all know, and that's why the cousins showed up for William's rainy Garden Party. They probably have had a heads up about Catherine's condition. I sincerely hope shev is improving and that what every they're doing for her vis a vis treatment is helping her.

by Anonymousreply 471May 26, 2024 3:45 AM

Is that KGT who is so defensive about Kate?

by Anonymousreply 472May 26, 2024 4:48 AM

R471. What on earth does the cousins’ showing up have to do with Catherine’s health? And what does the rainy weather have to do with anything?

by Anonymousreply 473May 26, 2024 9:00 AM

R471 must be American to imagine that there is anything notable about Anne and Andrew's kids turning up to a garden party at Buckingham Palace.

by Anonymousreply 474May 26, 2024 9:47 AM

R474. Agreed. R471 probably thinks garden parties, like other royal events, are organised for the amusement of the royal family and therefore thinks the fact they showed up despite the rain is very significant

by Anonymousreply 475May 26, 2024 11:40 AM

I don't know what all is involved with removing titles, etc. Regardless, malignant Meg would probably revel in being called Princess Henry if it happened and then her paid cheerleaders would just refer to her as Princess Meghan even if not the correct title. Wouldn't it be easier and quicker to deal the duplicitous duo a blow by to requiring that all children in line of succession provide birth certificates in accordance with certain standards, i.e. signed by doctors, AND that all children in line of succession be educated in UK? Isn't that why Princess Madeliene is moving back to Sweden? Her kids need to be educated in Sweden in order to remain in line of succession.

It is baffling that Charles and his late mother, both with the services of MI5/6 at their disposal, can't take this duplicitous duo down.

Can't some "anonymous donor" offer to cover the financial penalties and legal fees for some surrogate to break the confidentiality of the contract and start singing?

by Anonymousreply 476May 26, 2024 12:28 PM

There was no surrogate. Meghan's body was permanently wrecked by her pregnancies. Please don't be as dumb and deluded as the Sussex squad.

by Anonymousreply 477May 26, 2024 12:32 PM

Thanks for the input, r447!

Bless!

by Anonymousreply 478May 26, 2024 12:37 PM

R477, it wasn't all that great to start with, so I'm not sure how you can tell. Certainly, her fashion choices are getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 479May 26, 2024 12:55 PM

I'm just putting this here because why start another thread, but as "education" for those numbskulls who claim the royal family only open Tescos:

With very few people knowing of my visit, I travelled with only my private secretary, a Foreign Office adviser, and a security team. We reached Kyiv after a long day of travel through Warsaw, and, with no flights, took the well-travelled rail route to the capital that, amazingly, the Ukrainians have kept going during the war.

It was quite an experience. Although I had a comfortable bed, I admit sleep eluded me as we bounced and rattled our way to Kyiv.

This was not my first time in a conflict zone. I have travelled to countries affected by war including South Sudan, Kosovo, Iraq, Colombia, Ethiopia and the Democratic Republic of Congo, in the hope that I can help draw attention to and encourage greater support for survivors of conflict-related sexual violence.

History is littered with reports of women falling prey to advancing and occupying armies, and it still exists in modern warfare. Historically, this has often been viewed as a casualty or symptom of war, rather than a deliberate tactic to overpower. It is only more recently that increased recognition has been given to these heinous crimes, and society has come to understand that it is used to demean, destroy and control, with the aftermath long felt through stigma, devastating physical and mental health repercussions and children born of rape. It is a weapon requiring no training, no investment, and it is deployed globally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480May 26, 2024 1:30 PM

Since February 2022, according to the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, there have been an estimated 169 cases of conflict-related sexual violence in Ukraine. However, stigma and under-reporting means these figures are likely to be only the tip of the iceberg, which is why, at the request of the British government, I visited Kyiv at the end of last month.

Having arrived in the capital, after a quick stop to refresh and have breakfast, I visited a UN survivor relief centre where I spoke to three survivors of sexual violence: two women and a man. One of the women had with her a gorgeous two-and-a-half-year-old boy from a local orphanage who had a brain injury. Even after suffering terribly at the hands of a number of Russian soldiers over three weeks, this lady’s first thought, when she was able to escape with her husband, was to return to the orphanage where she volunteered and take this vulnerable boy with them.

I travelled on to Bucha, 30km northwest of central Kyiv, and its neighbour, Irpin. These are typical suburbs, like any town in the UK, where commuters come and go and families raise their children. This is one of the places where Russia’s offensive on Kyiv was successfully halted by the Ukrainian army’s destruction of the Romanivka bridge over the Irpin river.

With the Russian army struggling to make further inroads towards the city, soldiers turned their sights on the population. Women, men and children were murdered as they fled in cars or on foot, and those who were spared were subjected to sexual violence and torture. With no other means to escape, and under heavy shelling, those able to leave had to walk across hastily laid wobbly wooden planks that forged the raging river in freezing, snowy conditions, with the few belongings they could take.

The mayor of Irpin, Oleksandr Markushyn, explained how he and 500 comrades held the Russians back until Ukraine’s military arrived. In all, 290 Irpin citizens died, but many more were saved.

by Anonymousreply 481May 26, 2024 1:30 PM

Father Andriy, a priest in Bucha, took me to the mass graves where 500 victims of the Russian invaders are buried. He showed me the names of his friends, whole families he buried while under threat of fire, and a picture of his fellow priest, whose body lay crumpled and riddled with bullets. He has been caring for his parishioners, overseeing the UN-led exhumation of the bodies, identification and reburial of all who died.

After lighting a candle and offering a prayer in the basement chapel of St Andrew’s Church, Andriy showed me a series of photographs that recorded what happened: the brutality, the burials and the exhumations. Just before I left, I asked him who was looking after his grief and stress. The priest turned his sad eyes to the heavens and said: “He is.”

We then drove to the Save Ukraine organisation in Irpin. These energetic people are working with children who have been internally displaced, offering them a safe place where they can catch up on missed schooling, take part in art therapy and access support for learning difficulties. It’s a happy, safe environment helping so many impacted by the war.

My last stop was at the British ambassador’s residence, where I met civil society leaders from across Ukraine who are grappling with many problems the conflict is bringing, starting with trying to understand the scale of the violence and torture. Their efforts also concentrate on helping the individuals and families who are internally displaced and without work who are beginning to struggle to afford food and accommodation. There is enormous strain on the already stretched medical services, and the desperate issue of more than 20,000 children forcibly deported to Russia, with only a few hundred returned thus far.

On the return journey home, I stopped in Warsaw and visited an education and development centre for Ukrainian refugees. Having met refugees in Ukraine and in the UK, it is clear that while many have been able to flee the direct conflict, they have not escaped it in other ways, and carry trauma and guilt with them. Not only have they left loved ones behind, but they also carry a heavy concern for their — and their country’s — future.

Since returning to the UK, many people have said how brave or courageous I was for going. I am neither. The brave people are those who have endured extreme violence and survived. The courageous are those who have reported the crimes committed against them. I am glad to have made the journey. Inevitably it was sad and emotional, and the painful stories and images, as with all my visits to places of conflict, will live with me.

As we look around the world with so many current and threatening crises, my hope is that where conflict does occur more consideration is given to creating well-funded early systems of support for survivors and those who have been internally displaced, so that medical and psychological interventions are accessible, alongside the collation of evidence for future prosecutions and the de-stigmatisation of victims.

While others in positions of leadership engage with the politics of war, I will endeavour to place conflict-related sexual violence on the table as a devastating consequence. It is one that is deserving of our attention, empathy and understanding, and to amplify the voices of survivors, who must be heard.

by Anonymousreply 482May 26, 2024 1:31 PM

Sophie is fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 483May 26, 2024 3:39 PM

I just watched the clip of the First Lady of Nigeria tearing into Meghan for wearing such skimpy clothes! Something about "our women are beautiful" without all that nonsense. And they "know who they are" unlike a certain lying beyatch showing off her bare back and shoulders to Muslim schoolgirls - like WTF?? The average middle schooler would know better than that MORON.

Maybe I should apologize for linking Sky News in Oz (if that's a faux pas) but I couldn't find a more mainstrem choice in a hurry. Loved that the First Lady said she "didn't see the point" of Meghan and Harry's trip there. BWAHAHA!

Come on Charles. Do something!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484May 27, 2024 3:56 AM

* So sorry!! I rejected the GB News clip but then screwed up and linked it anyway. I swear I thought I was on the right clip with I copied the address. Well, it's a report on the same take-down by Premiere Madame de Nigerie or whatever she calls herself.

by Anonymousreply 485May 27, 2024 3:58 AM

Meghan has had the photos made to look like the children are red heads but they both have brown hair and look like Thomas Markle. Karma bitch.

by Anonymousreply 486May 27, 2024 11:18 AM

Whether or not I find the Nigerian First Lady's attitudes and beliefs retrogressive is beside the point.

For the Sussexes, to be on the receiving end of such a public rebuke is just downright humiliating for them.

Now, go ahead, Sussex Stans. Try to rescue this.

Markle didn't even research and prepare for something as elemental as what would be inappropriate to wear? She just assumed she was The Star, not to be troubled by such insignificant things.

Prince William was right about her. I'm not talking about his dislike of her which always was obvious as neon. He was right about his reported concern that she wasn't cut-out for the job as a working Royal.

A job that means you can't free-lance it. You can't rely on your own judgments on what to wear. You turn yourself over to the experts.

Those experts have discreet channels to Nigerian diplomatic staff who will delicately tell you what to avoid when it comes to apparel when you're a guest in their country.

The Royals all have access to that info and use it.

This debacle is Markle's sequel to that NY City Baby Shower that was splashed all over the tabloids where the guests were celebrity, show-folk entertainment trash that was reported to have been noted by Q E II with a raised eyebrow of concern.

I notice Amal Clooney, who couldn't resist being pictured going into the hotel where the shower was held has distanced herself.

by Anonymousreply 487May 27, 2024 11:53 AM

R487, see this is when the benefits of being inside the RF pay off, because they have protocol officers and experts on staff who research everything and then prepare their Principals for their public appearances. Most members of the RF go through tutorials before going out in public and opening their mouths. And they know how to dress when an occasion calls for specific issues of do's and don'ts. But if you're going to free lance, then the possibility of fucking up and embarrassing yourself is always going to be t here. And if you think you're the smartest person in the room, and you don't take direction well, then you're guaranteed to fuck up. Oh, well.

by Anonymousreply 488May 27, 2024 1:08 PM

As with so many important things in life, if you want the best results you need to hire professionals and pay them for it. Unless you're an expert in a field in your own right.

As an institution, this is what the Palace does.

Whether what they wear, the places they "tour", the speeches they give or the interviews they sell, the Harkles are badly advised because they insist on calling the shots, particularly Meghan. It's a clichè, but a man who insists on representing himself in court - instead of hiring a lawyer - has a fool for a client.

by Anonymousreply 489May 27, 2024 1:23 PM

The royal experts could have told her everything they know about appropriate dress and behavior and she'd have ignored them.

They'll continue to stumble around the world, ill-dressed, ill-mannered, and in the company of dodgy people.

by Anonymousreply 490May 27, 2024 1:49 PM

MM probably looked at the temperatures (low 90s) plus humidity and decided that resort wear was called for.

by Anonymousreply 491May 27, 2024 2:16 PM

Markle has needed a stylist since she left "Suits".

I surmise she chose that inappropriate backless dress to be her fashion viral moment.

Congratulations, Duchess, it is, but for all the wrong reasons.

She's making a common aging-person mistake of thinking that more exposure achieves a younger effect, when actually, it ages you.

If I were her stylist and dressing her for that school appearance, I'd have put her in a sun dress of 100% cotton, elbow sleeve (maybe with a slight bell cut), higher neckline (not as severe as crew neck, but definitely covering her bosom) mid-calf length in a bold color with lower heel summer pumps.

The effect would have been fresh, younger, covered and most of all NOT TRY HARD.

by Anonymousreply 492May 27, 2024 2:35 PM

Markle's fashion faux pas are because she thinks it's all about her, not about the country she's visiting, the people she's meeting, the organisation she's working with. She wants to dress so that people will think she's a great fashion icon, not to appear elegant and appropriately dressed for the occasion. This is why she's has these huge beaming smiles wherever she goes, because she thinks it's so cool for her to be at this event or visiting this organisation. She doesn't get that it's not about her but about the people she's meeting and the organisation she's supposedly highlighting. This is why she couldn't cut it in the royal family, because she could not comprehend that it's not about her, it's about the people.

by Anonymousreply 493May 27, 2024 3:00 PM

Even without experts, how could one go wrong in dress, by analyzing what notable Nigerian women wear and respectfully coming up with attire that would not offend? That is what people would do who are genuinely respectful of their hosts.

It's obvious that Mrs Harry didn't care what the Nigerians thought or cared about. She doesn't care about offending them. She doesn't care about schoolgirls. (Check out the photo of her hugging the little girl. Mrs. Harry only has eyes for the camera. And the poor kid looks like she would rather be anywhere but being touched by this ignorant woman.)

Mrs Harry still doesn't care, except for the splendid take down from the Nigerian First Lady which points out clearly that the recent visitor to Nigeria was rude and ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 494May 27, 2024 3:12 PM

Blame it on the 57% of ME that is not Nigerian!

by Anonymousreply 495May 27, 2024 3:23 PM

They're both such absolute failures.

by Anonymousreply 496May 27, 2024 6:26 PM

Racist Nigerian First Lady bullies Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 497May 27, 2024 8:06 PM

Living his best life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498May 27, 2024 8:37 PM

That would be 57% Maltese, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 499May 27, 2024 8:41 PM

Can you imagine how unattractive they will both be in five years?

by Anonymousreply 500May 27, 2024 8:41 PM

15 years ago I would have jumped on Harry, now he is fug. Smegs can have him.

by Anonymousreply 501May 28, 2024 9:36 PM

The Nigeria story hit the Telegraph.

by Anonymousreply 502May 28, 2024 11:36 PM

R500 Meghan will still be very attractive in 5 years. HArry will not be even marginally attractive. Unless he gets hair implants and some fillers.

by Anonymousreply 503May 28, 2024 11:40 PM

Maybe he should shave?

by Anonymousreply 504May 28, 2024 11:49 PM

I don't know about her keeping her looks. She's several years older than he is - and that big vein in her forehead, WTF is she having done to herself. Her nose is a complete remake of her wide-bridged one in her youth - even the skin looks leathery or hardened or something.

But yeah, she'll probably look better than him. I don't like most gingers - and he's one of the yucky kind imo. And beats up prostitutes? No thanks, spoiled brat. (see Andrew - nobody can spoil 'em like the royals)

by Anonymousreply 505May 29, 2024 1:33 AM

She will look better than he does in retouched photos. In unretouched close-ups or shots without wigs or hair extensions, uh oh. But that's par for the course for Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 506May 29, 2024 2:20 AM

Hollywood won't touch her. Why would it retouch her?

by Anonymousreply 507May 29, 2024 2:32 AM

They're still fighting for relevance after four years on their own. Given millions and yet nothing works. Useless and utterly incompetent. Even Invictus, while being a noble cause, is commercially a failure.

Everything the Markles touch dies.

by Anonymousreply 508May 29, 2024 2:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!