Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Harry showered with endless love from the British Public while visiting by himself

Prince Harry was without his Royal family during his Invictus Games event in London this week -- but he wasn't a man without a country ... 'cause the British public showed up.

The Duke of Sussex attended his big shindig at St. Paul's Cathedral Thursday to help ring in the 10-year anniversary of his famous charity -- and while he didn't have his dad, brother, or any other working Royal in attendance to help him celebrate ... he still powered through.

Harry showed up with a smile on before and after the commemoration ... and he even did a public walkabout to shake hands and exchange pleasantries with Britons on the ground.

Indeed ... there were quite a few people who arrived to give Harry his flowers -- and he even received lots of happy cheers from the crowd, as well as messages of congratulations. When he went around to wave hello and talk to folks, he looked pretty damn happy himself.

While it might not seem like much on its face ... it's actually telling, especially since King Charles -- who said he wouldn't be able to meet with Harry during his time in London -- was hosting his own bash around the same time Thursday ... where he was shaking hands too.

Worth noting ... there weren't any senior Royals in attendance for Harry's thing, but they definitely showed up for Charles. People of note who did go to Harry's event, however ... his extended family on his mother's side -- who put on a united front as they hit the church.

Again ... Harry put out a statement saying he understood his father was swamped and unable to get together -- and as polite as he's being publicly ... ya gotta imagine this hurts a bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188May 12, 2024 8:23 PM

#FOHazbeen

by Anonymousreply 1May 9, 2024 5:00 PM

Awesome.

It's obvious that Harry is loved by the public, despite what the British trash media would have people believe.

Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 2May 9, 2024 5:01 PM

Awww. The Brits still love their Harry. They just avoid him when he’s with his wife but when he’s alone they come out to show support.

by Anonymousreply 3May 9, 2024 5:01 PM

He's still a connection to Diana.

by Anonymousreply 4May 9, 2024 5:03 PM

He comes alone because the British government and Royal Family won't allow him to provide security for his family. They'll never set foot on British soil again as a family and I don't blame them 🤨

by Anonymousreply 5May 9, 2024 5:09 PM

The man who uses the title “Defender of the Faith” seems altogether unfamiliar with the story of the prodigal son.

by Anonymousreply 6May 9, 2024 5:13 PM

R4 no. He’s the Prince. He is THEIR Prince, literally.

by Anonymousreply 7May 9, 2024 5:13 PM

Maybe he will start understanding that he's got to drop Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 8May 9, 2024 5:15 PM

King Charles is a real piece of shit.

He scheduled a "garden party" for 5000 guests at the exact same time of Harry's event, just to draw attention away from it.

And not only that, but he ordered all "working royals" to attend his event.

I'm starting to feel less bad about him having cancer.

Charles seems to have a very hateful heart towards his son.

What a cunt.

The entire British Royal Family. All cunts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 9, 2024 5:16 PM

^ To paraphrase Shakespeare, "My horse for a kingdom".

by Anonymousreply 10May 9, 2024 5:16 PM

[quote]He scheduled a "garden party" for 5000 guests at the exact same time of Harry's event, just to draw attention away from it.

I'm sure Charles' event was scheduled well in advance. But don't let logic get in your way.

by Anonymousreply 11May 9, 2024 5:41 PM

Yes a crowd of about 100 people, most of whom were tourists, accurately reflect the British Public.

by Anonymousreply 12May 9, 2024 5:44 PM

R12 ummm no. Did you see the crowd? At least 1k people there. And there are interviews. They were British. Stop hating.

Also, I love that the Spencers went with him.

by Anonymousreply 13May 9, 2024 5:50 PM

“This has been the royal family & British press biggest nightmare. Despite their restless efforts to smear Prince Harry, he continues to be very popular in both sides of the pond and he just continues to gain the admiration of many others around the world.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 9, 2024 5:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 9, 2024 5:53 PM

Aw that’s sweet R15. Someone needs to write that on a banana or embroider it on an American Riviera Orchard pillow.

by Anonymousreply 16May 9, 2024 6:00 PM

“ So glad and delighted to see the Spencers came out today to support Prince Harry. It's beautiful to see that his mother's family still got his back.

Harry is loved, and looks so royal. Great guy!!! Congrats to #InvictusFamily #InvictusGames #InvictusSpirit”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 9, 2024 6:02 PM

I'm glad to hear this about Harry. He has been put in an untenable position by the press and his family. I think the King's public declaration about not being able to see his son was a bad move and created more sympathy for the Prince. Also, Charles' overlooking Harry with the Air Corps thing at the same time was a real one-two punch designed to hurt Harry.

by Anonymousreply 18May 9, 2024 6:12 PM

Yup r18. And with that it only inspired many to show up and show him love and support, including Diana’s siblings with their kids, who showed up for him.

by Anonymousreply 19May 9, 2024 6:17 PM

Great news! I always knew the British public would not give up on Harry, as so many know-it-all, know-nothings claimed.

I must admit to a bit of personal glee at the thought of William stewing like a just cooked hot pot over the love showed to Harry.

by Anonymousreply 20May 9, 2024 6:19 PM

Yes, QEII would never have let this happen. I understand that when you are facing cancer you are told to remove stressful situations but it could have been handled better, without handing it to the press.

by Anonymousreply 21May 9, 2024 6:20 PM

I'm quite sure there were plenty Royals who wanted to attend Harry's gathering but knew what would happen if they did. The core working Royals are basically a pit of vipers. Harry was smart to distance himself from people like that.

by Anonymousreply 22May 9, 2024 6:28 PM

“ #PrincessDiana wouldn’t have missed this day for anything in the world. So her family came in to represent her to show her they are proud of the man he has become. What a lovely show of family unity from the Spencers ”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 9, 2024 6:28 PM

Prince Harry is top🙂

by Anonymousreply 24May 9, 2024 6:35 PM

Harry should change his last name to Spencer.

It's clear he's no longer welcome as a Windsor-Mountbatten.

Just like he severed the ties and listed his citizenship as US.

He should become Harry Spencer.

The final fuck you to that evil family of Charles and William.

by Anonymousreply 25May 9, 2024 6:44 PM

Also, he looked very handsome. He’s looking healthy, handsome, fit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 9, 2024 6:52 PM

They like me! They really, really like me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 9, 2024 7:06 PM

Meghan must boil over in rage seeing Harry get this sort of acclaim on his own.

by Anonymousreply 28May 9, 2024 7:26 PM

R28 she probably thinks everyone is asking about her every second

by Anonymousreply 29May 9, 2024 8:05 PM

I wonder how Wallis2.0 will put her spin on Harry being stiff-armed by his dying father. Not hard to foresee how dire the future looks for these two grifters when William ascends the throne.

by Anonymousreply 30May 9, 2024 9:11 PM

Dear lord, this Harry-fellating thread is a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 31May 9, 2024 9:20 PM

[quote] Yes, QEII would never have let this happen. I understand that when you are facing cancer you are told to remove stressful situations but it could have been handled better, without handing it to the press.

QEII took steps to make sure the Sussexes were not allowed to use their titles for financial gain while working as part of the Royal Family and made sure that she was not part of any photoop which they could use in their grifting. She knew Harry as well as anyone on earth and clearly did not trust him to behave in accordance with her wishes, so she kept him at arm’s length. King Charles is following her example.

Given that Harry has built a fortune and an independent public profile on disparaging his family and selling their privacy for his own profit, it’s pretty hilarious that his supporters are pretending not to understand why the family he attacked wants nothing to do with him.

by Anonymousreply 32May 9, 2024 9:28 PM

R25, Harry absolutely did NOT "list his citizenship" as US. For tax purposes he indicated that his primary residence is in the United States. He is not a US citizen, nor can anyone just "list" the citizenship they would like to have. Besides, if he became a US citizen, the US would make him renounce his titles (as they would for any titled person). And we all know he'd rather die than do that.

by Anonymousreply 33May 9, 2024 10:02 PM

Is Kate still alive ?

by Anonymousreply 34May 9, 2024 10:05 PM

Well, that’s gotta frost some cookies.

by Anonymousreply 35May 9, 2024 10:05 PM

Harry always looks his happiest in London

by Anonymousreply 36May 9, 2024 10:06 PM

Is it London or is it the absence of the controlling, er, guiding claw?

by Anonymousreply 37May 9, 2024 10:14 PM

How can you hate Meghan and like Harry? They’re two entitled assholes of the same coin.

by Anonymousreply 38May 9, 2024 10:37 PM

He is beloved, as he should be. Well done, Brits!

by Anonymousreply 39May 9, 2024 10:40 PM

Were the crowds greeting him actually as big as the crowd at the garden party? Seems doubtful based on the images.

by Anonymousreply 40May 9, 2024 10:46 PM

Garden parties at Buckingham Palace or Holyrood House are scheduled months in advance. Enormous planning goes into them pertaining to sending invitations, negotiating thousands of people in and out of the palace grounds, the security, the food, back-up plans for bad weather. Harry fans can claim that Charles invented the garden party to avoid seeing Harry, but the fact is they are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 41May 9, 2024 10:49 PM

[quote]He should become Harry Spencer. The final fuck you to that evil family of Charles and William.

As if in a [italic]million[/italic] years he would give up the Windsor name.

His only bread and butter.

by Anonymousreply 42May 9, 2024 10:50 PM

R41. Yeah. The thread is almost 100 percent Americans who think planing royal events is like the Kardashians hosting a party—-things you throw on the spur of the moment and can cancel at will for personal reasons just to prioritise the feeling of one particular doltish family member.

by Anonymousreply 43May 9, 2024 10:53 PM

Take out two posters and most of the 'Harry is loved' nonsense vanishes from the thread.

by Anonymousreply 44May 9, 2024 10:58 PM

Charles is probably scheduling crisis meetings as we speak to address the unprecedented size of the crowd that showed up for Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 9, 2024 11:00 PM

H&M should just go over there and topple the monarchy, decapitate the lot.

by Anonymousreply 46May 9, 2024 11:01 PM

r46 And live as commoners after how long we had to wait for Lilibet and Archie to become HRH's?

by Anonymousreply 47May 9, 2024 11:08 PM

Harry is a good egg. Proud of him.

by Anonymousreply 48May 9, 2024 11:25 PM

What specifically are you proud of?

by Anonymousreply 49May 9, 2024 11:26 PM

Unlike William who has daddy creating titles for him despite him not having earned the title, Harry actually did earn his titles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 9, 2024 11:32 PM

King Charles can rot in hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 9, 2024 11:34 PM

St Paul’s cathedral gets 1.5 million visitors per year, so on any day there will be around 4000 to 5000 people visiting, looking for anything vaguely interesting to point a camera at. It’s also in the middle of the busiest square mile in the United Kingdom, so there will be thousands of curious onlookers at any event. Forgive me for being sceptical that all of these people turned out for Harry!

by Anonymousreply 52May 9, 2024 11:35 PM

R52 the cathedral was closed off to the public for Harry. They knew it and stood there waiting for him. This wasn’t a surprise pop up. It was planned.

by Anonymousreply 53May 9, 2024 11:37 PM

Prince Harry walked into St Paul Cathedral with the lads.

Friends and fellow veterans who served with him in the military.

He did not walk alone. 💛🖤

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 9, 2024 11:39 PM

“ Prince Harry saw his mother being bullied before she died, served in the military, saw war with his own eyes, saw his wife get harassed by the 🇬🇧, buried his unborn child...do you really believe this man would cry because his useless dad gave an honor to his useless brother?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 9, 2024 11:39 PM

One of my teachers at school was invited to a Garden Party at the Palace of Holyroodhouse, in recognition for spending decades running a small charity she set up to provide visitors to long-term patients in hospital who were otherwise on their own. She received her invitation months in advance (possibly a year). The King had 8000 people at his Garden Party this week, all of whom deserved a moment in the spotlight, and to feel special and appreciated. The reason so many royals show up is to give everyone a chance to meet (and hopefully get photographed, if they wish) with a member of the Royal family.

by Anonymousreply 56May 9, 2024 11:42 PM

Ready when you are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 9, 2024 11:42 PM

[quote] King Charles can rot in hell.

Let’s hope you are there waiting for him, r51.

by Anonymousreply 58May 9, 2024 11:43 PM

R52 cool. Only it was closed off with barriers for the past 2 or 3 days to keep the place prepared for his special day today. So, no. Nice try though.

Anyway, BBC did a segment on him today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 9, 2024 11:44 PM

R56 I’m sure that is true. I’m sure.

by Anonymousreply 60May 9, 2024 11:44 PM

R55, you mean illegally disposed of remains that may or may not ever have existed?

by Anonymousreply 61May 9, 2024 11:47 PM

[quote] The invites don’t go out THAT far in advance, dear.

Oh, I’m glad we have such a savvy insider here to tell us! How far in advance do they go out, dear?

by Anonymousreply 62May 9, 2024 11:47 PM

Don’t worry bitter Harry hater, there was one person determined to heckle him when he arrived.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 9, 2024 11:50 PM

[quote]QEII took steps to make sure the Sussexes were not allowed to use their titles for financial gain while working as part of the Royal Family and made sure that she was not part of any photoop which they could use in their grifting. She knew Harry as well as anyone on earth and clearly did not trust him to behave in accordance with her wishes, so she kept him at arm’s length. King Charles is following her example.

Yes and it was handled correctly at the time but I think by now they would be on a better footing with rather more subtle reactions than even "recollections may vary." Harry is loved by his family and was loved by the Queen. I doubt she would have fired both cannons at her grandson like Charles did to Harry over the last week. Obviously, the Queen's spokesperson is out at the Palace and Charles's mouthpiece is in, and doing a terrible job.

by Anonymousreply 64May 9, 2024 11:50 PM

“ King Charles & William may think they snubbed Prince Harry to make him look bad by turning down Harry’s magnanimous invitation to them for the Invictus Games’ 10 yr anniversary. But, they are actually showing the🌎that amongst them, Harry stands tall like a king. ”

Exactly!!! This whole situation has people feeling sympathy for Harry and William/Charles look bad in all this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 9, 2024 11:53 PM

Why doesn't Uncle/Earl Spencer ever invite Harry to stay at Althorp when he visits?

I'm sure the Earl has plenty of rooms available. It's not like his daughters are occupying any of the bedrooms, they don't even speak to him. Uncle/Earl and Harry have a lot in common, both having alienated their closest family.

by Anonymousreply 66May 9, 2024 11:56 PM

[QUOTE]you mean illegally disposed of remains that may or may not ever have existed?

I was just going to say, r61. In California, it is highly illegal to bury human remains on your property. Some counties even have restrictions against burying pets in the backyard. It was a totally unnecessary own goal. (like Meghan telling Oprah the Archbishop of Canterbury married them in their backyard only to find out it's not legal in the UK.) I don't totally blame Harry for this. His ghost writer, an editor, or a fact checker should have caught it.

by Anonymousreply 67May 9, 2024 11:57 PM

All Harry’s invitation to the Royals has done is show that he is desperate to keep his financially lucrative link to them alive. It’s literally all he has to sell.

The Royal Family, on the other hand, are so secure in their position that they have no need to even pretend to tolerate the presence of someone who destroyed their privacy more effectively than the press ever managed to do. He tried to destroy them on-screen and in print, and failed.

by Anonymousreply 68May 9, 2024 11:59 PM

R66, the Earl, despite his criticisms of King Charles, has had no more success as a father than the King has.

by Anonymousreply 69May 10, 2024 12:01 AM

r9 Royal engagements are planned a year in advance.Your outrage is misplaced or synthetic.

by Anonymousreply 70May 10, 2024 12:03 AM

This os the example of the type of people the King meets at the Garden Parties.

This kid missed the party this week due to traffic, so the Palace is issuing another invitation to him to visit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 10, 2024 12:03 AM

r12 its almost as if the OP is a shill

by Anonymousreply 72May 10, 2024 12:04 AM

Harry will win out in the end.

Charles will be dead soon.

Maybe even Kate.

And William will be the one out on that limb, all alone.

by Anonymousreply 73May 10, 2024 12:06 AM

r22 He didnt and hasnt distanced himself from that.He asked for a half in half out arrangement and clings to royal titles and a royal place in the line of succession when he is free to renounce both.The fleeing victim, distancing himself from the awful royals narrative is something Harry and Meghan in their arrested development added to the story later after their request to have their cake and eat it was declined.

by Anonymousreply 74May 10, 2024 12:08 AM

r25 I wonder why he hasnt done that already and forfeited his royal titles and names .Its such a mystery....

by Anonymousreply 75May 10, 2024 12:09 AM

R66 who says they don’t? That is far out from where Harry usually stays. But clearly he’s in contact with his mom’s side of the family and they love him very much. They probably haven’t heard from awful William in ages.

by Anonymousreply 76May 10, 2024 12:12 AM

R68 whether he makes money from them or not doesn’t change that he is linked to them regardless. You speak as if he’s some random friend to the family or a significant other married into the family like Kate and Meghan, no. Even if he doesn’t make money from them and never speaks to them again he is still linked to them. Why? Because he is their blood. They are family. Blood related family. The tie is permanent.

Do you not know what FAMILY is?

by Anonymousreply 77May 10, 2024 12:13 AM

R69 that’s weird. His kids are all well mannered.

by Anonymousreply 78May 10, 2024 12:14 AM

R70 the invites don’t go out a year in advance. The actual engagement is planned.

by Anonymousreply 79May 10, 2024 12:14 AM

Harry spent the rest of his day with youths and following up with his charities. Lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 10, 2024 12:20 AM

"It was an honour to meet so many of the wonderful families Scotty’s Little Soldiers supports. I truly believe the work they do to foster community and create space for young people to connect, grieve, but also have fun together is life-changing."- Prince Harry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 10, 2024 12:21 AM

Invictus is a worthy cause and kudos to him for promoting it and wounded veterans. And i am glad that his mother's family was there for him. Who knows? Let's hope they act as mediators between him and his brother.

That footage shows he had police protection. I assume the two men on either side of him were private bodyguards. If he wants them, he should pay for them out of his own pocket, not out of the pockets of British taxpayers. Anne and Edward do not get the level of protection he expects, and they too are the younger siblings of the monarch and were the younger children of Elizabeth.

Of course he's going to get adoring crowds. He's a celebrity more than a royal these days. The latest polls still reveal he's deeply unpopular as a royal.

For what it is worth, I think he's a POS for his whining and the way he treated his family. He should have grown up a long time ago. So, he doesn't like his stepmother. Swallow it. Be happy his father is happy. He threw his sister-in-law under the bus for an innocuous comment.

So, he showed up for a day or two of charity. His family does more of that throughout the year. He and the Mrs. still just want to enjoy the trappings by doing the minimum of leg work.

by Anonymousreply 82May 10, 2024 12:23 AM

R77, I know what a functional family is. It’s a bond of love and loyalty, and it is the basis of intimacy and security. If I destroyed that by writing a book and giving interviews portraying my father as an emotional cripple married to a witch and portraying my brother as a violent monster married to a Stepford wife automaton who he never loved, I’d fully expect not to be on their Christmas card list.

Harry is a grown man, who made the decision to destroy his family bonds in return for a nice heap of money. He’s free to make that choice, but having sold his family links to publishers, press and Netflix, he is (and you are) incredibly naive to think that he will retain them.

by Anonymousreply 83May 10, 2024 12:24 AM

R82 enough with the “polls”. Those polls are done in a biased way. People who take them seriously are ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 84May 10, 2024 12:26 AM

R82 William does nothing.

by Anonymousreply 85May 10, 2024 12:26 AM

R83 doesn’t matter. Theyre still family. Family has hiccups and we don’t always get along and sometimes fight and shit talk. What you described is The Waltons. Welcome to real life.

by Anonymousreply 86May 10, 2024 12:27 AM

[quote] i am glad that his mother's family was there for him. Who knows? Let's hope they act as mediators between him and his brother.

At this point, it's the British Royals who are icing out Harry, and not vice-versa.

Harry is trying, but they are completely closed off.

So fuck them. No reconciliation.

He doesn't need them any way.

by Anonymousreply 87May 10, 2024 12:28 AM

I doubt William has had any contact with his mother’s side. He’s an asshole and everyone knows it. He’s always been just like his father, since childhood. Harry was always a warm and likable person while William cold and elitist. Have they ever been invited to one of William’s things? No. William doesn’t invite them or we would see it and hear about it. Harry invites them.

I love that they showed up for Harry.

And Harry invited his father and brother personally and they both declined via media.

by Anonymousreply 88May 10, 2024 12:32 AM

Yes, R80. He certainly is a role model for young people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 10, 2024 12:33 AM

R89. Ummm what’s wrong with that? I doubt he said that and if he did it would be a joke and playful way to relate to them. How idiotic of you.

by Anonymousreply 90May 10, 2024 12:35 AM

“What a day, I saw #PrinceHarry in real life & I must say, he is absolutely lovely😍he has a beautiful smile & his swag is🔥

I'm so glad I made a mad dash to St Pauls Cathedral, oh yh I saw our favourite barrister David Sherborne😉”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 10, 2024 12:36 AM

And she replied to someone why she decided to go see him last minute

“ No worries, I made a last minute decision to go and lend an extra voice of support and cheers. I think it was important for those of us who could go, to go and show him that the UK absolutely loves and respect him ❤”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 10, 2024 12:36 AM

I imagine William is seething, with his flabber completely gasted.

by Anonymousreply 93May 10, 2024 12:38 AM

R90 just rode in on the short bus.

by Anonymousreply 94May 10, 2024 12:38 AM

Another person who attended.

“ That was 2emotional! #PrinceHarry is surrounded by amazing support it was so beautiful 2see the Spencer’s in attendance,the brave men & women & the stories😢 & omg the cheers outside the cathedral thousands of people reminding Harry how much Loved he is!!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 10, 2024 12:43 AM

I reiterate what I said at r31 with emphasis:

[bold]Dear lord, this Harry-fellating thread is a hoot.[/bold]

Is this some coordinated effort after a barrage of Google alerts? A legion of squadies. Picture the scenario: wine in the glass, Taylor Swift playing in the background, and possibly a heart swelling at the mere thought that Harry might gratefully acknowledge her devotion, somehow? Sad.

by Anonymousreply 96May 10, 2024 12:57 AM

“ The Daily Mail is angry because after years of lies and smears against Prince Harry, the British public ignored them and showed up to cheer Prince Harry.

You will never walk alone Harry.

#PrinceHarryIsLoved”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 10, 2024 12:59 AM

“ Charles & Co thought they were going to humiliate Harry by snubbing the Invictus Games service but instead, they ended up showing the world how childish and petty they are. Prince Harry is on the right side of history.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 10, 2024 1:03 AM

Note the pattern here.

by Anonymousreply 99May 10, 2024 1:06 AM

“ Prince Harry showing up in the UK shatters every narrative the UK press feeds its audience for months on end and it's truly beautiful to watch. Poll after poll where?

This is why they want to keep him away. It exposes them for the failures that they are.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 10, 2024 1:08 AM

Amazing if you put one poster on ignore over a third of this thread disappears. I apologize for implying "squadies" at r96. We have a single deranged poster. Proceed.

by Anonymousreply 101May 10, 2024 1:08 AM

The Harkles' paid pr puppets are working overtime on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 102May 10, 2024 1:09 AM

Outside of Saint Paul's Cathedral there was a mixture of boos and cheers for Harry. It certainly was npt all cheers.

Harry is a piece of shit and earned every boo. Except for Prince Andrew, Harry and his lying, grifting wife are at the bottom of every poll

by Anonymousreply 103May 10, 2024 1:10 AM

r79 That is immaterial.The key point which i thought was obvious, is that the date for the engagement is set in the diary/calender.

by Anonymousreply 104May 10, 2024 1:11 AM

[quote]. I doubt she would have fired both cannons at her grandson like Charles did to Harry over the last week.

What were these terrible things Charles allegedly did to Harry?

You Sussex stans talk about Harry like he's some poor wee wounded bird. He's 39.

Besides, it's not Charles' job to coddle people.

by Anonymousreply 105May 10, 2024 1:13 AM

r86 Sounds like you think family members can have no terms and conditions about how they are treated and should be morally pressurised into forgiving anything.That is an abusers paradise.

by Anonymousreply 106May 10, 2024 1:14 AM

r92 No one individual has the ability or moral right to think their showing up to any kind of event to show support or love means they represent the views and feelings of the whole country.They speak for themselves only.It is very teenage or arrested development to think otherwise..Childlike.

by Anonymousreply 107May 10, 2024 1:17 AM

I must admit I do love how the shitty way Charles and William handled this is backfiring on them and only gained Harry sympathy from people, with many making sure to show up so he knows he has people who love him even if his father doesn’t

by Anonymousreply 108May 10, 2024 1:19 AM

R107 the country doesn’t hate him the way the haters want people to believe. Thousands showed up for him.

by Anonymousreply 109May 10, 2024 1:27 AM

Harry reading 1 Corinthians 4-11:

“There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work. Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, a and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 10, 2024 1:27 AM

If only there are some more scientific way of measuring whether the British people like Harry than counting the dozens of people who showed up to cheer him. Maybe they will invent something to measure that some day.

by Anonymousreply 111May 10, 2024 1:30 AM

Good for King Charles and William for ignoring Harry.

Fuck around and find out.

Talk shit about your family in an Oprah interview, book, and Netflix series, take your money, and live without the blood family you took a crap on for "your truth".

"Take your ass-whooopin' like peoples do." - Charles Barkley words when the Summer Olympics Dream Team was criticized by the media when it ran-up the score against an Olympic basketball team from some obscure little country from Eastern Europe or Africa.

The Sussexes made their bed of money. Let them lie in it.

by Anonymousreply 112May 10, 2024 1:31 AM

Thousands showed up. Not dozens. And science has errors. The way polls are done is very biased. Science can be manipulated

by Anonymousreply 113May 10, 2024 1:32 AM

Extra did a segment on it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 10, 2024 1:32 AM

Ah okay. Now that you mention it that does make sense. Science is overrated.

by Anonymousreply 115May 10, 2024 1:33 AM

All of the Sussex Stans posts here have the ring of AI to them.

by Anonymousreply 116May 10, 2024 1:34 AM

The Sun’s cover today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117May 10, 2024 1:39 AM

R115 polls aren’t science. And can be manipulated. Easily. Anyone with half a brain knows this.

by Anonymousreply 118May 10, 2024 1:39 AM

Charles is such a small, snide man. He’s the perfect king for today’s UK.

by Anonymousreply 119May 10, 2024 1:39 AM

This thread is mainly 1 poster, is it KGT?

by Anonymousreply 120May 10, 2024 1:40 AM

Yeah, old hag smegs has bought more bots .

by Anonymousreply 121May 10, 2024 1:41 AM

R120 you know so much about that. Shall I gave Muriel remind you of your status around here again?

Anyway…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122May 10, 2024 1:42 AM

American articles about the royal are written by the most brain-dead of journalists. That Daily Beast article is pitiful. The royal family is shooting itself in the foot by not recognising Harry’s visit? Harry’s popularity is at the same level as Richard Nixon’s when he was impeached. If a British publication said the Republican Party shot itself in the foot by not embracing Nixon in the 70s, Americans would of course have said that was insane.

More important, the garden party is a function the royals put on to honour ordinary people and give them a special day. In what universe would Charles have been favorably viewed for disappointing thousands of ordinary people In order to flatter his despicable son?

That’s the weird thing about Americans and the royal family. A significant segment of the American public view them as special beings and feel that sucking up to a particular member of the family is more important than serving the public. Most British people on the other hand view royals as normal people whose only justification is their commitment to public service.

by Anonymousreply 123May 10, 2024 1:43 AM

[quote] I must admit I do love how the shitty way Charles and William handled this is backfiring on them and only gained Harry sympathy from people, with many making sure to show up so he knows he has people who love him even if his father doesn’t

Yes, it’s backfiring on them terribly. I guess that’s why they are constantly trying to rebuild links with him, issuing invitations and crossing the Atlantic in the hope that he will spare them half an hour in his gracious presence. 🙄🤥

by Anonymousreply 124May 10, 2024 1:46 AM

[quote] American articles about the royal are written by the most brain-dead of journalists.

Yes the British tabs are true journalism. The highest form of reportage.

by Anonymousreply 125May 10, 2024 1:48 AM

False equivalency, r125.

Most sentient people know that ALL tabloids are full of it.

r123 makes excellent points about how Americans make no effort to understand the BRF from the perspective of how the citizens of the UK do.

by Anonymousreply 126May 10, 2024 1:54 AM

[quote] Shall I gave Muriel remind you of your status around here again?

Pardon? That makes no sense but looks like I struck a nerve with KGT

by Anonymousreply 127May 10, 2024 1:57 AM

He's a turd. The British assume he fertilizes the gardens when he walks through them.

by Anonymousreply 128May 10, 2024 1:59 AM

There are a lot of trash publications in the UK, yes, but they are recognised by the British people as such. What is shocking is the way supposedly serious US publications like the New York Times, Time Magazine, the Daily Beast , etc. publish the most childish nonsense about royal news

Just the week Time Magazine published an article questioning whether Elizabeth II’s “rule” was too long. When the Queen died many big name US publications debated her decisions not to apologise for this or that historical atrocity. I don’t know what’s more shameful—-that they are so stupid as not to realise she had absolutely no choice in those decisions or that they think it would have been appropriate for her to have the power to make that decision. .

by Anonymousreply 129May 10, 2024 2:00 AM

R129 I think I love you.

by Anonymousreply 130May 10, 2024 2:02 AM

Was it a bit like this, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131May 10, 2024 2:13 AM

“ The best and most liberalized Prince the British have ever had. Prince Harry and his lovely wife Princess Meghan are coming to Africa. Welcome home, Harry and Meghan. #NotMyKing Charles III might hate you but Africa (and the world) loves you so much. ”

Amen. From African businessman and Politician Dr. Dan Ojowa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 10, 2024 2:18 AM

HA!!

I love that post at R132.

He's saying what everyone is thinking about Charles.

by Anonymousreply 133May 10, 2024 2:19 AM

r122 To me that just brings to mind what Harry said to someone pretending to be Greta Thurnberg in a telephone call stunt-That there is loads of money to be made in charity for oneself and he wants a piece of the action/ slice of the cake. Harry in addition to basically using charities for self enrichment and self promotion has made the invictus games about him and Meghan and not the soldiers.

by Anonymousreply 134May 10, 2024 2:21 AM

How much does “rent a crowd” cost these days? I heard the Polish and Ukrainians in London will work for a Pret A Manger sandwich and a shandy.

by Anonymousreply 135May 10, 2024 2:23 AM

r133 Everyone is doing a lot of heavy lifting in your post.

What is it with people trying to claim their opinions are universal and representative of all or only bad unreasonable people disagree with them?

by Anonymousreply 136May 10, 2024 2:24 AM

R132. Doesn’t he mean the most ancien régime of living princes? Harry has a sense of entitlement not openly acknowledged by western royals n more than a century.

by Anonymousreply 137May 10, 2024 2:25 AM

[quote] portraying my father as an emotional cripple married to a witch and portraying my brother as a violent monster married to a Stepford wife automaton who he never loved

Isn’t this what most people already believed to be true?

by Anonymousreply 138May 10, 2024 2:37 AM

One comment I've seen pointed out is that for Charles to have met with Harry right before the Dastardly Duo head off on their faux trip to Nigeria could have been misinterpreted as an indication that the Sussex trip was on behalf of the UK or the King.

Which it obviously is not.

It would be easy to put out a tale that Harry had been "sent" to Nigeria for the King. Thereby implying a connection that does not exist.

by Anonymousreply 139May 10, 2024 2:59 AM

[quote] False equivalency, [R125].

[quote]Most sentient people know that ALL tabloids are full of it.

Not false equivalency. The British tabs are where most of you Meghan haters get your “information” about the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 140May 10, 2024 3:10 AM

R133 re-read it.

by Anonymousreply 141May 10, 2024 3:16 AM

An endless love shower?

by Anonymousreply 142May 10, 2024 3:24 AM

You do realize that a great percentage of that crowd was 'orchestrated'.

by Anonymousreply 143May 10, 2024 3:30 AM

I don't come here to discuss middle aged bores. I thought something interesting happened.

by Anonymousreply 144May 10, 2024 4:41 AM

You’re not too deep are you, r149?

You’re making suppositions about what I read when you have absolutely no basis to do so.

Not that I owe you an accounting, but I’m not a Meghan-hater. I reserve hate for situations that matter.

I have no hesitancy, though, describing my reaction to both Sussexes as one of dislike.

by Anonymousreply 145May 10, 2024 4:52 AM

Perhaps their new UK PR person used this opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 146May 10, 2024 5:00 AM

The poster on here who said Harry looks great must be a bot or need their eyes checked. That scruffy brillo pad on his head teased to cover up the baldness makes him look like a vain fool like tRump.

by Anonymousreply 147May 10, 2024 6:32 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 10, 2024 10:52 AM

So all this newfound Harry so popular press is based on the sizable crowd at St Paul’s? A site which normally has a large contingent of sightseers anyway and I guess nobody booed (since Meghan wasn’t there)?

by Anonymousreply 149May 10, 2024 11:47 AM

Some reports say there was mixed booing and cheering, R149.

by Anonymousreply 150May 10, 2024 12:53 PM

R149 don’t forget the large numbers of office workers who happen to be nearby given the dozens of large office buildings within a block or two of St. Paul’s. Out for a walk, a smoke, etc. Or adoring hordes as the loopy OP might describe them.

by Anonymousreply 151May 10, 2024 1:19 PM

He shouldn't have mocked William for losing his hair. The hair on the top of his head is really thin and he's close to the point where he'll need to shave it all off to look semi-decent. He really painted himself into a corner with that snark. Very short-sighted.

by Anonymousreply 152May 10, 2024 1:44 PM

R143 no. It wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 153May 10, 2024 4:00 PM

R149 THE SITE HAS BEEN CLOSED OFF FOR A FEW DAYS. AS MENTIONED ALREADY. LEARN TO READ.

by Anonymousreply 154May 10, 2024 4:01 PM

R150 we saw crowd videos. Almost all cheering with one booer being loud. The minority loves to be the loudest.

by Anonymousreply 155May 10, 2024 4:02 PM

R151 THE. AREA. WAS. CLOSED. OFF.

by Anonymousreply 156May 10, 2024 4:02 PM

Its May in London, swarms of tourists looking for any distraction ....

by Anonymousreply 157May 10, 2024 4:07 PM

R156 a tiny patch was closed off. Shouting doesn’t change that fact. It’s an area in which thousands of people work. It can’t be closed off.

by Anonymousreply 158May 10, 2024 4:28 PM

Oh, the retard has definitely never been to London.

by Anonymousreply 159May 10, 2024 4:28 PM

R159 nor able to comprehend that there are people here who live in London and work in the area… so know it’s bullshit that is being peddled. Some saddos hanging out to see him walk up some steps <> him being universally loved. Most could give a fig, frankly.

by Anonymousreply 160May 10, 2024 4:32 PM

R160 only you clearly don’t. Or you would know the area was closed off and his event was in the afternoon. Many who showed up have tweeted about it. No one just stands around for hours in a spot just because… use your brain at least.

by Anonymousreply 161May 10, 2024 4:42 PM

Not even an invite to that huge garden party Charles attended. Bwahaha.

by Anonymousreply 162May 10, 2024 4:44 PM

WE WERE INVITED, BUT WE DECLINED!

by Anonymousreply 163May 10, 2024 4:51 PM

R161 think what you like about where I do or don’t live. Think how much you could achieve if you put this much energy into something more meaningful than so vigorously defending the size of the turnout to see Prince bloody Harry in the square mile during a weekday afternoon. It’s pathetic really.

by Anonymousreply 164May 10, 2024 5:05 PM

So here's the thing: a year ago, Harry's memoir came out where he weaponized any and all interactions he had recently with his father and brother, including what they said to him or what their body language was like towards him at Prince Philip's funeral service.

They simply cannot trust him if they make any casual comments whatsoever towards him: he'll just publicly talk about it in as negative terms as possible--it's all grist for his complaint mill. There is no reason for the royals to have anything to do with him given this behavior when he acts so consistently badly and aggressively towards them.

by Anonymousreply 165May 10, 2024 6:30 PM

R154. They closed off Saint Paul’s for a few days for this event? That seems bizarre. Why would that be necessary?

by Anonymousreply 166May 10, 2024 7:01 PM

“ To me -this just shows the world that #PrinceHarry is able to stand alone on his own as a strong, confident leader (no father, brother, royal leeches) not even his beautiful wife to lean on.

This is leadership. Unlike his coddled brother. ”

100% this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167May 10, 2024 10:45 PM

When I see the title of this thread I picture Harry showering with his hot injured vets .

by Anonymousreply 168May 10, 2024 11:29 PM

Harry would never allow himself to be filmed in a shower. Can you imagine what happens to his little puffed-up hairdo when it gets wet?

by Anonymousreply 169May 10, 2024 11:33 PM

In fairness, we all look like drowned rats emerging from a shower.

by Anonymousreply 170May 11, 2024 12:42 AM

Oh well, good. Go home Harry! and leave the harridan to Hollywood and the Kardashian crowd, if they'll have her.

by Anonymousreply 171May 11, 2024 1:14 AM

Yeah. The grifting sow and the dunce present their needy gapes for Nigeria, where the Christian south will put a gay man in prison and the Muslim north, under Sharia law, will kill them.

They are the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, blowing kisses with Hitler for cash and credit.

by Anonymousreply 172May 11, 2024 1:16 AM

R5 Delusional. He can provide his family security. Do you think Britain prohibits David Beckham from providing his family security?

Grow a brain.

by Anonymousreply 173May 11, 2024 4:44 AM

R155 You saw one video that was near the camera.

Take a look here. It’s more balanced and not just one boo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 11, 2024 4:49 AM

Prince Harry “showered with endless love”.

by Anonymousreply 175May 11, 2024 8:18 AM

Harry, did anybody ask about how I feel?

by Anonymousreply 176May 11, 2024 9:47 AM

r167 People who are emotionally incontient and have arrested development do not make good leaders. They are basically just using black people as props now for their brand with this visit. Did the people of Nigeria say they needed Harry yo be their white saviour and leader? Leader of what and why?? Your post makes no sense and a number of photos from this visit show Nigerians not trying very hard to suppress their disinterest, bemusement and how unimpressed they are. They know they are being used

by Anonymousreply 177May 11, 2024 12:28 PM

"Endless love" is a Victorian euphemism for righteous disgust.

by Anonymousreply 178May 11, 2024 12:57 PM

[quote]... the Queen. I doubt she would have fired both cannons at her grandson like Charles did to Harry over the last week.

It gives you some idea how well the recent short meeting must have gone between Charles and Harry when Harry flew over for five minutes to "support his father" on learning he had cancer.

by Anonymousreply 179May 11, 2024 2:35 PM

He’s showing off all his fabled empathy and common touch in Nigeria. Why, these fellows look just thrilled to have his questions barked at them before he moves on to someone more lucrative!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180May 11, 2024 5:19 PM

Nigerians are not amused:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181May 11, 2024 5:39 PM

R179, I remember reading about that quick visit - that Charles told Harry, "You're here to listen, not talk" or some such. And now he announces that Will will get sponsorship of that military unit that Harry was actually part of! Gotta love it!

So right, Mike Tindall. He's the royal bell. Well, fellow bell end with Andrew. Hope it's true that Tindall's in line to take over Invictus - or at least get some position in the organization, just to rub Harry's bell end the wrong way.

by Anonymousreply 182May 11, 2024 9:25 PM

WTF @ R180.

by Anonymousreply 183May 11, 2024 10:37 PM

Harry is a spoiled brat with no real empathy, just acting for the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 184May 11, 2024 11:02 PM

That clip at r180, the way he gives the guy a thumbs up as he’s turning away, “I’m done here” look on his face.

by Anonymousreply 185May 12, 2024 3:38 PM

Comparing public appearance of Mr & Mrs Harry to those of Harry's mother is a painful comparison. Painful because Diana, with all her faults, (and yes, she had plenty of them) had real empathy for people.

Her second son's continued attempt to claim his mother's legacy is a complete and utterly obvious failure.

by Anonymousreply 186May 12, 2024 8:10 PM

You used to see a great side of Harry when he was young and would interact with children. The present version is cold, self-important, and "faux" empathetic. Diana was always authentic.

by Anonymousreply 187May 12, 2024 8:15 PM

^ should be "appearances".

by Anonymousreply 188May 12, 2024 8:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!