Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amazon's The Boys Season 3

Released June 13.

Who will be watching?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 20, 2024 6:41 PM

Gurlfriend, season 3 aired last year and season 4 does not have a trailer yet. But yes, it starts June 13th, so you got that part right, at least.

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2024 5:07 AM

I'll be abroad when it's released, but will watch it when i get back from the UK.

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2024 6:04 AM

Antony Starr is fantastic as Homelander, but he is too evil to live. This season has to be the end of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2024 6:54 AM

OOPS! I meant season 4. Thank you for the correct info R1!

I'm hanging out for this new season. It's been a long time coming.

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2024 6:59 AM

Here's a trailer for season 4:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2024 7:28 AM

I had lost interest in the series, and might have only seen the first couple of episodes of Season Three (and I'm not even sure of that - I'd have to review 'em to be certain). I'd have to catch up before moving on to Season Four.

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2024 9:00 AM

I’m skipping because I’m sick of Homelander’s ugly ass always winning. He should’ve got his ass whipped by Maeve and Patriot far worse than he did. Plus, if you read the comic series, they took away an opportunity for a major twist that would have everybody talking.

I wish TPTB would stop letting that ugly ass pothead Seth Rogan adapt shit. He totally fucked up Preacher and I will always despise him for that.

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2024 9:06 AM

r5 That's a teaser mislabelled as a trailer by a third party, which happens all the time. When they drop the full trailer, you'll know, because Reddit will explode.

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2024 10:11 AM

Did anyone watch the supe high school show? Is it worth binging before this one starts?

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2024 10:15 AM

OMG R8. I should just be fired. Worst. Thread. Ever.

Sorry everybody.

Here's the official Amazon Prime channel official season 4 teaser trailer. It looks great!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2024 10:19 AM

Yes it's pretty good too R9. Not as good as The Boys but close. It's called Gen V.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2024 10:20 AM

Asa Germann from Gen V is so pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2024 4:18 PM

The actress who plays Starlight had so much work done to her face she looks like she's made of rubber.

by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2024 4:23 PM

[quote]Did anyone watch the supe high school show? Is it worth binging before this one starts?

I only watched a few episodes of GEN V. It wasn't for me. To be fair, I kept comparing it to The Boys and I find The Boys to be the superior show.

by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2024 4:28 PM

Nepo baby Jack Quaid

by Anonymousreply 15May 3, 2024 4:32 PM

Official trailer is now out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2024 3:32 AM

Y’all let me know if Fugly Homelander truly suffers.

by Anonymousreply 17May 4, 2024 4:12 AM

Renewed for season 5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 14, 2024 1:33 PM

Loved the first season, liked the second, but the third season lost me. It became the thing that the first seasons were satirizing - just another superhero series.

by Anonymousreply 19May 14, 2024 2:32 PM

If Homelander doesn't lose this season, I'm done with this show. His constantly winning is getting tiring and shows a lack of imagination.

by Anonymousreply 20May 14, 2024 3:49 PM

Next season will be its last.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 11, 2024 4:26 PM

Just finished the first episode. They gave Frenchie a boyfriend, finally! Flirtation, a blessing from Kimiko, first kiss, and first fuck in the same episode, they are wasting no time.

Tomer Capone remains as beautiful as ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 13, 2024 1:30 PM

Oh, my!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 14, 2024 9:56 AM

I like that they didn't delve into Vought recasting Black Noir so that the public wouldn't know he was dead. We just get a new Black Noir (still played by the actor who previously inhabited the costume) who is a dedicated actor. He's hilarious.

We get that self-dividing man rimming himself, but no in-depth sex scene with Frenchie and Colin. It's established Frenchie's into bdsm, we need to see it.

by Anonymousreply 24June 14, 2024 5:55 PM

Yeah, Black Noir speaking for the first time and going "yo, what the fuck was that?" cracked me up. I had no idea it was the same actor, that's pretty cool.

They gave Frenchie a romantic interest, but then immediately added the backstory of him killing Colin's family. It's like the showrunners going "guys, we know this is a gay couple, but fear not, they're doomed and will be done by the season's end, so don't turn off your TVs just yet!"

The skating rink bloodfest was very entertaining, those ice skates are lethal!

by Anonymousreply 25June 14, 2024 6:52 PM

For no other reason than reference-completion, I'm linking the properly named thread here, even though apparently we're going to use this thread for discussion...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 15, 2024 5:29 AM

Chace Crawford's biceps looked so much nicer in the first season when there was just one seductive vein running down his arm. Now there are more veins than muscles, total overkill. Also, sis eye area is completely free of wrinkles, I wonder what his secret is.

by Anonymousreply 27June 15, 2024 12:42 PM

The slaughter on ice was a little over the top... I mean, I can imagine one or two accidents after the initial zap, but it kept going and going... it got kind of ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 28June 16, 2024 12:13 PM

Anyone know who played one of the "sacrifices"? The guy with glasses who was the last to die... the actor looked really familiar but I couldn't place him and I can't find him online...

by Anonymousreply 29June 16, 2024 12:15 PM

Canadian actor Matthew Gorman. He hasn't been in much, you're probably confusing him with someone else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 16, 2024 12:26 PM

You're right, I must be, but he LOOKS SO FAMILIAR. So now I'm obsessed with who the fuck does he look like?

by Anonymousreply 31June 16, 2024 12:30 PM

I just started watching season 4 tonight! I love this show. Very political, violent, graphic, tight and hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 32June 16, 2024 12:59 PM

The first three episodes of season four were good, not great. The political satire of this show has never been that deep, but with the first three episodes it was obvious to the point of being obnoxious. Still, I'm interested to see where the rest of the season goes. Black Noir suddenly speaking was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 33June 19, 2024 3:35 PM

Satire is more obvious this season because the showrunner got annoyed that Homelander became an aspirational figure for MAGAcels. You really need to hit those fuckers over the head that you're making fun of THEM, otherwise they won't get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 19, 2024 3:57 PM

R33 Black Noir was killed in the finale of season three. Vought covered it up and hired an actor to play him. The reason he’s speaking now is because it isn’t him.

by Anonymousreply 35June 19, 2024 4:08 PM

I love that they’re pissing off the Maga crowd now. They’re so annoyed that they’re review bombing the show.

I was so happy (and shocked) to see Frenchie go gay, that was a nice surprise. They are a really hot couple, too bad they’re doomed. I’ll enjoy them while they last.

by Anonymousreply 36June 19, 2024 4:12 PM

I got gay vibes from Frenchie in the very the first episode. But yes, it's a nice surprise they gave him a boyfriend, gay stuff has mainly been used for comedic purposes up to this point (the MAGA pastor and the dick miniature guy). Speaking of...

They used rimming as this huge punchline, expecting people to be grossed out. But some of us engage in that activity on a near-daily basis? I don't know, it just hit weird, especially during Pride month.

by Anonymousreply 37June 19, 2024 4:33 PM

The rimming punchline is that it's a guy who can replicate himself having a Human Centipede moment with himself. Then the pink eye that hobbled him was the payoff.

by Anonymousreply 38June 19, 2024 5:18 PM

I love that the showrunners hated Homelander becoming a rightwing hero and now just punch people in the face with the message. The Margie Pipebomb Greene character and Sister Sage are nice additions. I'm also worried for the octopus

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2024 1:09 PM

The octopus seems clingy R39.

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2024 1:15 PM

I had no idea the octopus was voiced by Tilda!

Did you all clock the distinctly Gal Gadot-looking Hyperion in the first episode? Special powers: super intuition, divine femininity, fireproof hair. Tee hee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2024 1:16 PM

[quote] a little over the top

On The Boys?

by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2024 1:24 PM

I've never understood the appeal of figure skating, but I get it now – it's all about the thrill of knowing a shocking decapitation might happen at any given moment.

by Anonymousreply 43June 20, 2024 1:31 PM

If the season doesn't end with some kind of check on Homelander's powers, then that's just bad writing. If your villain is all-powerful and has no weaknesses, there's no drama. And unless you're going for a downer ending with the villain winning, your explanation for how he gets defeated won't make any sense.

Erin Moriarty's face in some shots of episode four was ... strange looking. It's smooth to the point of looking like a mask.

Firecracker being exposed as a pedo and using that as a talking point for Christianity was so disgustingly real. That's exactly what fundie assholes would do to justify their evil.

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2024 4:25 PM

Next season is going to be the last, so I can't imagine they "defeat" Homelander this season. That sorta has to be the climax and end game of the series, no?

by Anonymousreply 45June 20, 2024 5:55 PM

I think Erin looks way better and seems to have gained a tiny bit of weight. Poor girl, I can't imagine getting plastic surgery and it going so wrong. Buccal fat removal is a crime 99% of the time altho my cousin got it done in the 80s and looks great.

by Anonymousreply 46June 20, 2024 5:57 PM

That head-exploding hoe is the one who'll die this season, I think. She seems pretty invincible to me right now. Then Homelander next season.

by Anonymousreply 47June 20, 2024 5:57 PM

[quote] Next season is going to be the last, so I can't imagine they "defeat" Homelander this season. That sorta has to be the climax and end game of the series, no?

If Trump wins, the writers might do a scathing indictment of Homelander, as a political statement against Republicans and MAGATS.

Maybe something like an "evil has triumphed" type of political statement.

by Anonymousreply 48June 20, 2024 6:20 PM

r46, she also got a nose job and lip aug. She no longer looks fresh faced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 20, 2024 11:52 PM

Speculation: Butcher's cancer worm is sentient and has a symbiotic relationship with him, similar to Venom. The Becca ghost is the worm talking to him. Butcher fights Homelander for Ryan, and during the fight, Ryan turns on Homelander. They fight and Homelander kills Ryan, but not before Ryan mortally wounds him.

Meanwhile, Sage's master plan falls apart right as it's about to come to fruition because Deep has lobotomized her to have sex with her. Homelander lasers her and Firecracker, not having any use for them any longer.

by Anonymousreply 50June 21, 2024 4:37 PM

I fully expect The Deep to accidentally kill Sage by cocking up her lobotomy.

Surprised to read that Valorie Curry (Firecracker) is a lesbian (after coming out as pansexual).

I first saw her in Fox's The Following where her character was in a threesome with Nico Tortorella and Adan Canto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 21, 2024 4:49 PM

Why didn't Firecracker use her powers – puny as they are – when Starlight was beating her up?

by Anonymousreply 52June 21, 2024 4:56 PM

They all have to learn how to use and control their powers, so maybe since Firecracker is so new, she didn't have complete control to marshall up her powers.

by Anonymousreply 53June 21, 2024 4:58 PM

So following the lead of Doctor Who and Star Wars we get a franchise with a show runner who hates his audience so much he is willing to ruin his own show to punish them. Isn't that special.

by Anonymousreply 54June 21, 2024 5:11 PM

I wonder what is Hughie's mom's endgame. I knew she wasn't there just so the series could delve into Hughie's family life.

by Anonymousreply 55June 21, 2024 5:12 PM

R52, because Firecracker's agenda was served by getting Starlight beating her up on camera.

by Anonymousreply 56June 21, 2024 5:14 PM

The sound of the coffee pouring in the machine was a nice touch. I feel like mom was always a Vought (or maybe US federal) agent of some type, and might've been in the Middle East doing shady special activities when she left them in the 2000s. I hope she doesn't just turn out to be dumb, since I'm getting some nice sinister vibes.

by Anonymousreply 57June 21, 2024 10:45 PM

Evil flying sheep was something else.

It was nice having Stan Edgar back. And he wasn't brought back just to be killed. Presumably.

Is Jeffrey Dean Morgan's character a figment of Butcher's imagination? He has only interacted with Butcher to this point, and no other character has seen him.

by Anonymousreply 58June 27, 2024 4:59 PM

Simon Pegg is so unsexy without the British accent

by Anonymousreply 59June 28, 2024 12:02 AM

"I don't think he's in any shape to fuck a sheep."

That should go in the hall of fame alongside "This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship" and "Frankly I don't give a damn".

by Anonymousreply 60June 28, 2024 12:14 AM

It's my considered opinion that those sheep are "nesting".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 28, 2024 2:02 AM

[quote]Is Jeffrey Dean Morgan's character a figment of Butcher's imagination? He has only interacted with Butcher to this point, and no other character has seen him.

I am almost certain he's in Butcher's head.

by Anonymousreply 62June 28, 2024 7:53 AM

This show now has all the Supernatural main characters from season one.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan (John Winchester).

Jared Padalecki (Sam Winchester).

Jensen Ackles (Dean Winchester).

The cast is reunited!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 28, 2024 8:02 AM

Fuck those V animals were freaky

by Anonymousreply 64June 28, 2024 9:03 PM

The actor who plays MM seems to be on the Ozempic kick. He seems to have lost some weight and his face looks like Ozempic face.

by Anonymousreply 65June 28, 2024 9:05 PM

People double checked to see if MM was still played by the same actor

by Anonymousreply 66June 28, 2024 10:48 PM

FLYING VAMPIRE SHEEP!

by Anonymousreply 67June 29, 2024 6:26 AM

[quote] FLYING VAMPIRE SHEEP!

Of course you all realize the vampire animal concept was stolen from Xena , Warrior Princess. The way men do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 29, 2024 6:43 AM

[quote] Of course you all realize the vampire animal concept was stolen from Xena , Warrior Princess. The way men do.

Of course you all realize the VAMPIRE concept was stolen from Bram Stoker's "Dracula." The way women do.

Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 69June 29, 2024 7:43 AM

I feel sorry for his poor dad.

And, um, of course all the innocent people he accidentally murdered horrifically.

by Anonymousreply 70July 4, 2024 5:20 AM

Did Hughie lose his powers? I forget

by Anonymousreply 71July 4, 2024 2:17 PM

R71, IIRC I think our boys were on green Temp V, so their powers were expected to fade. I think Butcher mentioned taking real (blue, natal) Compound V to try to help his present issues, but without success.

Re: the dad, it is great how his father had similar powers to Hughie. I love inherited powers in media, e.g. JJK.

Very spicy episode #6, but they kept things interesting. Tek Knight's former sidekick had a very hot avg body with slight hips; I bet they fucked often. I like MM's silly human storyline quiet a lot; I think because I relate to his anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 72July 4, 2024 5:08 PM

r72

thanks... I kept wondering why Hughie doesn't just teleport out of the cave

I haven't watched Gen V yet but I read that Tek Knight is in it a lot... do they explain the sidekick and Tek's relationship?

by Anonymousreply 73July 4, 2024 5:40 PM

The sidekick isn't in Gen V at all, but Tek Knight is a HUGE part of one or two episodes, R73.

by Anonymousreply 74July 4, 2024 5:43 PM

You see an interesting side of Tak Knight on Gen V. Almost holy.

by Anonymousreply 75July 4, 2024 5:44 PM

The A train actor is sooo hot. Just so handsome. And loving the Frenchie romance story too. Such a good series.

by Anonymousreply 76July 4, 2024 7:19 PM

How can someone love this show so much, but not love Supernatural?

by Anonymousreply 77July 4, 2024 7:22 PM

A-Train is played by Jessie T Usher. 32, straight but yes hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 4, 2024 9:02 PM

What about the actor who plays Tek Knight, Derek Wilson? straight?

by Anonymousreply 79July 4, 2024 9:05 PM

Right on, R78. His waves stay spinning and that body makes me smile every time we get a glimpse

by Anonymousreply 80July 4, 2024 9:06 PM

Just watched the new episode.. Ashley looked great in the black latex

by Anonymousreply 81July 4, 2024 9:06 PM

The BDSM scenes were something else. Ashley being a dom is kind of funny and not hard to believe, considering her personality when she's interacting with Homelander or anyone else at Vought.

Joe being a figment of Butcher's imagination was kind of obvious.

I think Butcher will go forward with having the supe virus created but stop short of releasing it.

by Anonymousreply 82July 4, 2024 9:55 PM

Yeah, anyone who didn't figure out Joe was a figment of Butcher's imagination at least two episodes ago probably has a brain tumor. They treated that like a shocking reveal yet ... it was painfully obvious for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 83July 5, 2024 4:53 AM

Do you think Starlight has had lots of work done? Or maybe she’s just lost lots of weight? She’s looks different this season.

by Anonymousreply 84July 5, 2024 7:15 AM

Erin has clearly had some work done and left IG due to the harassment a while back. But she was willing to play that scene watching her old photographs wearing her super suit. Her face in those photos seemed to be earnestly pre-surgery, with bucal fat, etc. I don’t think the Annie character is supposed to have work done, but that almost seemed like the implication of that scene…

by Anonymousreply 85July 5, 2024 10:30 AM

I felt with this latest episode that they were treading water, marking time to fill out the season. And the constant blood-letting has gotten over-used. I dunno but I expected more plot movement and some of the alliances seem forced at this point.

I’m not sorry they’re wrapping this up next season since they’re running out of good ideas.

by Anonymousreply 86July 5, 2024 1:22 PM

Erin got her nose done and buccal fat removal. A shame because she was refreshing cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 5, 2024 1:33 PM

When you watch the first season, she has a Kardashian amount of contouring on her cheeks. I can just hear some shitty makeup artist saying something like "we gotta get your cheeks looking like a superhero, are you eating a lot of pasta?" and that just reverberating in her head. She looks a lot better this season now that it's settled a bit and maybe corrected with a little filler

by Anonymousreply 88July 5, 2024 2:06 PM

“I’d call you a cunt but you don’t have the depth or the warmth”

by Anonymousreply 89July 6, 2024 8:18 PM

One episode left, and it doesn't feel like much has happened this season.

So who will die in the finale? A Train seems most likely. Maybe the virus plan will work and Victoria will die after being exposed as a supe.

by Anonymousreply 90July 11, 2024 4:33 PM

Filler season. Should have been the last.

by Anonymousreply 91July 11, 2024 4:39 PM

In total agreement, just spinning its wheels. The whole thing could have been done in three seasons and it would have been tight as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 92July 11, 2024 6:31 PM

The finale was ... good? Although I'm getting tired of this show going nowhere. It's good next season is the last, because having Homelander/Vought constantly win makes the show frustrating and pointless.

Meanwhile: Kimiko speaks! "Everyone around here is named Ashley." Speaking of which, what will Ashley's powers be?

by Anonymousreply 93July 18, 2024 4:52 PM

Summed up my thoughts perfectly, r93.

I hope Ashley's powers are next level, just completely fucking unbeatable. And I hope she's the one to take down Homelander in the end. Okay, I'd also settle for The Deep.

What the fuck was all that coughing by Firecracker? She looked more and more shit throughout the episode, but was totally fine by the end?

by Anonymousreply 94July 18, 2024 4:56 PM

[quote]What the fuck was all that coughing by Firecracker? She looked more and more shit throughout the episode, but was totally fine by the end?

Side effect from the drugs she's taking to induce lactation.

by Anonymousreply 95July 18, 2024 9:29 PM

Why did no one say anything about the crazy shit that came out of Butcher?

by Anonymousreply 96July 18, 2024 11:57 PM

r95 I get that, I just thought there was something more to it. She just got better by the end of the episode, even though they started offing people on that list that same day.

by Anonymousreply 97July 19, 2024 3:05 AM

I freely acknowledge my poor memory, but who the fuck was that lying in the glass coffin at the end?

by Anonymousreply 98July 19, 2024 7:39 AM

It was Soldier Boy, Homelander’s father.

by Anonymousreply 99July 19, 2024 8:14 AM

So they killed off Jensen's character?

by Anonymousreply 100July 19, 2024 8:17 AM

Thank you, r99.

by Anonymousreply 101July 19, 2024 8:27 AM

r100

IIRC They put him into hibernation until they need him again

by Anonymousreply 102July 19, 2024 11:18 AM

I wasn't sure I was going to like how they integrated the Gen V characters into The Boys, but I liked that they used them sparingly. I will be really surprised if they don't have Marie springing Victoria's daughter out of Red River and joining in the fight against Homelander.

by Anonymousreply 103July 19, 2024 5:36 PM

They gave Frenchie a boyfriend for two or three episodes and he was never heard from again. And now he's with a frau. Just goes to show that if you leave a gay storyline to straight writers, they're always gonna default to the tragic/noble trope. Literally just inserted for no other narrative reason than for Frenchie to realise he prefers snatch after all.

by Anonymousreply 104July 19, 2024 5:41 PM

Agreed R104, very half-assed writing.

by Anonymousreply 105July 20, 2024 4:48 AM

They gave Frenchie a bf to amplify his guilt over all the things he's done in the past. Seems like they could have accomplished that another way besides making him temporarily gay.

by Anonymousreply 106July 20, 2024 12:04 PM

Maybe he's just permanently bi?

by Anonymousreply 107July 20, 2024 12:08 PM

There has been zero indication that he was bi

by Anonymousreply 108July 20, 2024 3:05 PM

Well, he fucked Colin and Kimiko. And seemed to enjoy both.

by Anonymousreply 109July 20, 2024 3:08 PM

[quote] Well, he fucked Colin and Kimiko. And seemed to enjoy both.

If he was into asian females, you know what that means!

by Anonymousreply 110July 20, 2024 3:10 PM

Yeah, what was up with nobody actually commenting on Bucher going from deathbed to super just like that? And being so strong he murdered a super-strong supe nobody had been able to touch before. Why didn't she just pop his head before he killed her?

Things that make me scratch my head....

by Anonymousreply 111July 20, 2024 3:24 PM

[quote]There has been zero indication that he was bi

There was a flashback in season two that showed Frenchie with his roommates and I assumed he was in a poly relationship with them. He says in the same episode that when he first came to New York he was turning tricks.

by Anonymousreply 112July 20, 2024 4:00 PM

R111 he covered her eyes like her childhood friend tried to do before she exploded parts of his body. Unlike Marie (I think), Victoria's power is apparently driven through the whitening of her eyes being exposed, which is apparently destructive to her corneas, but she regrows her corneas apparently as Homelander showed us. So, no exposed eyes whitening means she can't explode or something.

by Anonymousreply 113July 20, 2024 6:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!