Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 9 OFFICIAL Thread

There’s only 8, or so queens. I guess it means the only thing eliminated is their old faces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 21, 2024 8:03 PM

sad

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2024 12:58 PM

I watched the first 2 episodes. Quite good. I forgot how likeable Angeria is and how fucking annoying Vanjie is. Roxie is only 39!!

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2024 1:07 PM

The first episode was great. This is a fun cast.

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2024 1:10 PM

The for-charity-no-real-competition approach is a gasp for novelty that makes the show look like a "special" episode of "Family Feud."

But the queens already did that on "Family Feud."

Angeria, Roxxxy and Vangie at top 3. My shock is Gottmik not doing better. And I'll never get the love for Nina West.

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2024 1:53 PM

The only one who I am happy to see is Angeria, I can't muster any enthusiasm for anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2024 1:55 PM

Did Roxxy eat a bus stop with her scary new veneers?

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2024 3:05 PM

also, ep 2 was hands down the worst lipsync I have seen in the entire series' history. If you know you can't dance channel Jinx Monsoon for a song like that. Just fucking embarrassing at this point.

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2024 5:28 PM

I found Gottmik grating in his original season. This season isn’t changing my mind.

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2024 6:29 PM

It feels a little too packaged? No one is sent home so they don’t have to compete for a place. Plus they were paid in advance, including a costume allowance, so it all feels phony and produced.

Poor Jorgeous looked like a toddler dancing with Angeria.

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2024 6:37 PM

R9 agree. There’s zero stakes. I’ll keep watching if only for Plastique Tiara’s fits and fashions.

by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2024 6:46 PM

The constant fake enthusiasm of the cast at every breathless RuPaul pronouncement is really grating on me this time.

by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2024 11:14 PM

^PhiPhi^

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2024 2:11 AM

Nobody is watching anymore

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2024 1:08 PM

We get it Gottmik, you’re trans. And winning this episode was a joke. Nina clearly should have won. Gottmik shouldn’t have even been in the top.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2024 1:12 PM

There is nothing much to discuss with this season really r13.

I am watching it, but for this season it's just the queens hanging out for charity. We have gotten rid of any pretenses of it being a competition.

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2024 1:13 PM

Gottmik's always been mediocre. I'm still seething Utica lost to her after turning a cheap sleeping bag into that legendary Paris runway outfit.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2024 1:20 PM

I’m sick of Gottmik.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2024 2:05 PM

Gotmik has won me around after her season. She’s been great on this. Deserved win. I find Nina uncomfortable to watch. I can’t think why, I just want to look away.

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2024 2:28 PM

Gotnodick

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2024 3:30 PM

I’m finding it a decent watch. I wouldn’t want every All Stars season to be this low stakes, mind.

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2024 4:23 PM

I think it's pretty much impossible to go back. Once you do All Stars without eliminations why would any name brand queen want to sign up for a season of eliminations r20? They are going to expect the same treatment.

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2024 4:26 PM

I don't think Ru is famous for caring about what they expect.

You want the exposure, you play by Ru's Rules.

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2024 5:14 PM

But this is All Stars not a regular season r22. A lot of the alumni from the show have been telling the show no when asked to return. Nina West recently gave an interview where she mentioned this was the third time she asked for All Stars and she only said yes because of the format change.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2024 5:20 PM

It kind of has a retirement home vibe.

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2024 8:29 PM

They can keep the non elimination rule but get rid of the charity part, yeah it’s nice but boring. I’m sure WOW make enough to donate to charity if they wish. Then the girls can still agree to come back as it will be a non elimination series. We need bottoms, it’s all to nice with no bottoms. Although I did love Carlson reading Vanjie with her store bought garment.

by Anonymousreply 25May 26, 2024 1:33 AM

I hate Roxxy. I hate every overeat pound of that miserable fuck.

by Anonymousreply 26May 26, 2024 1:52 AM

I adore Angie- she was hilarious with Tayce when they were watching and re-capping UK vs The World series. I still have fondness for our little Oscar the Grouch, but I don't like her new makeup. I loathe Gottmik, but will allow that she does have great taste.

This is just a holdover until France starts their next season.

by Anonymousreply 27May 26, 2024 2:55 AM

Are there any stakes at all this season? Does anybody win any money?

by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2024 7:55 PM

Another vote against the obnoxious Gottmik. I’ve always kind of low grade detested it. After she pulled the surgical scars bullshit, then displayed its cooch, I’m done. Kick her BPD ass to the curb, Ru.

by Anonymousreply 29June 2, 2024 8:19 PM

I find Roxy Andrews hard to look at. Her face and make up looks grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 30June 9, 2024 8:06 AM

Roxy doesn’t look great out of drag. I was quite suprised to see she was only 39. Her runways are very dated also. Mik and Plastiques runways are keeping me interested though. I need some therapy after Nina and her Christmas outfit. How random, thank god she didn’t get to lipsync.

by Anonymousreply 31June 9, 2024 8:19 AM

Roxxxy is very big. Sometimes it looks like she has difficulty turning her head. It works for some people and can look good but the weight doesn't look good on Roxxxy.

by Anonymousreply 32June 9, 2024 8:42 AM

Is Angeria the Heidi of this season? Bullied and abused?

by Anonymousreply 33June 9, 2024 3:28 PM

I love Angie- she always looks like she's having a great time.

by Anonymousreply 34June 9, 2024 4:44 PM

I finally started watching and I actually thought the Snatch Game of Love was pretty fun. Gottmik was very impressive.

by Anonymousreply 35June 9, 2024 5:25 PM

I love Angie too R34. She's incredibly talented and charismatic and very likable.

by Anonymousreply 36June 10, 2024 8:42 AM

That fucking meltdown from Roxxxy was just stupid. Yes, you have to snip someone. It's a game. It's like collapsing into a heap of tears because you had to play an Uno reverse card.

I like Alec Mapa, but he doesn't have the tits for that no shirt under the blazer look. I bet his pansexual teen son would have told him the truth if he'd seen him dressed like that.

by Anonymousreply 37June 11, 2024 11:20 PM

They are making a TV show r37. I don't mind draq queens milking something for some drama.

Let's be honest, this season has very low stakes so they have to make this scissor shit try to mean something.

by Anonymousreply 38June 12, 2024 12:38 AM

The thing is we are gays or whatever. We want to fight for charity, but we ourselves deserve that charity. We've been damaged for so long, We are not in a position to be giving our hard earned money away.... that being said Angeria is a god awful looking person. She's just ugly.

by Anonymousreply 39June 15, 2024 3:44 AM

While I agree that this season's roast was the first where no one bombed, no one really killed it, either.

I was really happy to see Ruta Lee active and sharp and looking lovely. She was wonderful on Untucked, but if any of those queens (other than Shannel and Nina) had ever heard of her before that day, I'll eat a bug.

by Anonymousreply 40June 15, 2024 3:55 AM

Wow. Gotmik, or perhaps the person she hired to write her jokes, stole every single one of them from Nikki Glaser.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 15, 2024 4:45 AM

Wow, who knew Ruta Lee was still alive?? She looked great.

by Anonymousreply 42June 15, 2024 5:22 AM

R41 - everyone told recycled jokes, especially Plastique. It’s like she watched the roast of Phyllis Diller and took notes.

by Anonymousreply 43June 15, 2024 12:22 PM

Apparently Gottmik's roast routine was stolen verbatim from Nikki Glaser

by Anonymousreply 44June 15, 2024 5:28 PM

Ruta Lee has a damn good surgeon, or they yanked up her face under her wig. She's 89!

by Anonymousreply 45June 15, 2024 5:34 PM

It was Gottmik herself who stole every joke. Her picture next to the dictionary definition of vapid.

by Anonymousreply 46June 17, 2024 6:31 AM

Gottmik is saying she reworked the jokes. Also, she was “going through it”, “hit a breaking point”, “couldn’t stop crying” and will discuss this on her podcast, No Gorge.

Tune in!

by Anonymousreply 47June 17, 2024 10:56 AM

Did you know Gottmik is trans?????

by Anonymousreply 48June 17, 2024 11:07 AM

Can someone tell me where to watch it. All my go to places have uploaded untucked this week instead of the roast episode. thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 49June 19, 2024 11:15 AM

Gottmik is still trans!!! And suffers toxic masculinity!!! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 50June 22, 2024 1:31 PM

And she (they?) got scissored! Countdown to a meltdown next week. "Why me?!" I think Plastique has this in the bag but I really like Vangie and Nina West.

by Anonymousreply 51June 22, 2024 1:56 PM

Vangie is my favorite, just because she’s usually so cluelessly hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 52June 22, 2024 1:59 PM

Once again we see how Roxxxy is a vicious bully.

by Anonymousreply 53June 22, 2024 2:47 PM

Colton Haynes has been gaymous for a long time, so I should probably be more familiar with him. But this is the first time I've ever seen him other than in photos on the gay blogs. He seemed very nice, but there didn't seem to be much there there.

by Anonymousreply 54June 22, 2024 3:31 PM

I think it's Plastique or Angie for the win. Depends if Ru wants to go with personality (Jinx, Bianca) or appearance (Aquaria, Violet)

by Anonymousreply 55June 22, 2024 5:41 PM

It will be Angeria R55.

by Anonymousreply 56June 23, 2024 1:51 PM

I think Angeria.

by Anonymousreply 57June 23, 2024 1:53 PM

I don't think there is a real chance Plastique gets crowned r55. She is doing well at the challenges but Ru doesn't seem to be into her, not real connection there. The key to winning the show will always be making sure Ru likes you.

by Anonymousreply 58June 24, 2024 12:57 AM

She’ll crown Roxxy or Mik. No one else has a chance in my opinion. It should be Angeria.

by Anonymousreply 59June 24, 2024 6:39 AM

I'm hope it will be Angeria. Everyone is so good but there's just something really special about Angeria and Ru loves her.

by Anonymousreply 60June 24, 2024 6:56 AM

Plastique has a ton of followers. I think she'll win solely because of that. Angeria and Vangie likey will be with her in a 3-person finale. The show is still fun. My straight male friends who watch love the "meaty tuck" banter and the "drama." It's a great Friday night show.

by Anonymousreply 61June 25, 2024 12:02 AM

Gottmik not being in the finale would be LITERAL VIOLENCE

by Anonymousreply 62June 25, 2024 2:34 AM

Eh. Goat milk is okay, but she’s phoning it in.

by Anonymousreply 63June 25, 2024 2:59 AM

Gottmik has no chance after stealing those jokes.

by Anonymousreply 64June 25, 2024 3:14 AM

I’m less of a Nina West fan than I was when the season began. There’s an off-putting whiff of entitlement, as if she expects to be handed wins in all the comedy challenges.

Gottmik’s vocal fry/uptalk combo and “aren’t I just the cleverest thing?!” mugging in the confessionals got old fast.

At this point, it’s looking like Angeria’s to lose.

by Anonymousreply 65June 25, 2024 3:49 AM

Yeah Nina is incredibly confident and smug for someone who is doing Just Meh. She makes me feel a little uncomfortable. She is one of the two queens to get a Meh from Ru after a lip sync, and this season she hasn’t been able to get the redemption that Silky got, the other participant of that lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 66June 25, 2024 7:20 AM

Ru's distaste for theater queens is well known

by Anonymousreply 67June 25, 2024 2:33 PM

I do love me some Vangie! She is hilarious and gorgeous. I am not a fan of Gottmik. I could listen to Vangie read the phone book, but listening to Gottmik talk makes me mute the tv. The exaggerated vocal fry voice is beyond annoying. Still think Roxxxy will be the winner. Poor Channel, she probably is regretting her choice to participate. I hope Ru opens her purse full of cash and awards all the charities some money at conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 68June 29, 2024 5:00 AM

Does anyone watch this anymore? I do, but am shocked that there are only 68 comments on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 69June 29, 2024 2:03 PM

Are you really surprised? The show is on autopilot with no real stakes. They don’t even show the pictures anymore of past AS winners on the show

I read Jorgeous may be on AS10, going from this season to the next one!

by Anonymousreply 70June 29, 2024 2:11 PM

No real stakes in a non-elimination format, so every week seems the same. There’s no sense of how far along we are in the season, so it’s rudderless.

by Anonymousreply 71June 29, 2024 2:24 PM

Yeah, it’s time to get back to cutting bitches each week.

Ugh, no more Jorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 72June 29, 2024 5:14 PM

Jorgeous has grown on me, but I wish she'd stop doing that stupid hand nearly covering her mouth thing. It's beyond played out.

by Anonymousreply 73June 29, 2024 6:25 PM

[quote]Jorgeous has grown on me

Surely there must be an ointment for that.

by Anonymousreply 74June 29, 2024 9:19 PM

Is this shit over yet?

by Anonymousreply 75July 19, 2024 9:56 PM

^Georges Lebar^

by Anonymousreply 76July 20, 2024 12:21 AM

This episode was 100% filler, but it was my favorite of the season so far. I like when they do anything with the crew, so I thought the makeovers were fun and having them on Untucked was a nice change.

But the best moment of the episode, and maybe of the season, was Plastique giving her best Joan Crawford, hugging Shannel while making sure her key light was on her face and making that single tear twinkle.

by Anonymousreply 77July 20, 2024 4:16 AM

On RaceChasers, Willam and Alaska said there’s a lawsuit being filed against World of Wonder by crew members over their alleged mistreatment by some of the queens this season.

Willam said a source told her the problematic queens did not include Nina, Angeria nor Shannel. They’re sweethearts.

by Anonymousreply 78July 20, 2024 4:41 AM

We already know Gottmik is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 79July 20, 2024 5:08 AM

We already know Gottmilk HAS a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 80July 20, 2024 11:08 AM

R78: thanks for the info. Jorgeous seems to come across as quite sweet too, so I hope she wasn’t one of the problematic queens. I’ve loved watching Angeria this season.

by Anonymousreply 81July 20, 2024 11:58 AM

From RPDR Drama on Reddit, a transcript of Willam and Alaska's discussion:

W - “We’ve heard whispers that WoW is facing litigation due to the queens’ treatment of the staff. So if anybody would like to comment further on that, we are all ears. But we know it’s happening, specifically after this season of All Stars and certain things that happened. We’re not saying WHOMST, but…”

A - “Listen, I don’t have any veracity, I don’t know anything about that, I don’t know anything about any of that…”

W - “I do. I do.”

A - “Who? Give us a name, dear.”

W - “Well, I know who was not the problem, and I’ll tell you that. The people that were NOT the problems were -“

A - “You’re taking this from a text that we both received -“

W - “From a trustworthy source!”

A - “From someone who said, ‘This might not be true, but…’”

W - “No, she didn’t say that.”

A - “Yes she did!”

W - “She said, ‘I’m not saying this is true, but it was overheard in the dressing room.’ Which means it’s true! So, um, the girls that were nice were Shannel, Angie, and Nina. They were described as ‘not beasts.’ But several former staffers suing World of Wonder because of the way they have been treated by queens over the years. Which makes sense. Like, disposing of urine? That’s not a job, and that’s illegal.”

A - “Who did that?”

W - “Several girls have pissed in bottles or trash cans and then left - the staff had to deal with it. When - as far back as Carmen Carrera, you know?”

A - “Karma Carrera?”

W - “No, but this part is not verified, but it says that some of the Voss girls were problems.”

A - “I literally - I get that feeling before I even heard that text. Like, I got the feeling like that there was a sort of … with some of the girls, it reads as very like, girl, I’m so over this, this is just another job, and like it doesn’t, this isn’t even that big of a deal. Which takes the wind out of the sails of the show. If all the girls aren’t there, gunning for it 100%, it makes the whole thing seem kind of like loosey goosey. And I feel like RuPaul was kind of like, ‘y’all bitches are gonna stand back there, and you bitches who haven’t been behaving are NOT gonna win your little lip syncs, and fucking Shannel is gonna win 8 badges in a row.’”

by Anonymousreply 82July 20, 2024 12:23 PM

Doesn’t this imply the other 5 were nasty? So

Gottmik, Vanjie, Jorgeous, Roxxxy, and Plastique.

by Anonymousreply 83July 20, 2024 2:54 PM

"Goes back to Carmen Carrera" so Roxy? I know somebody who worked on it, and she had told me that in the earlier seasons, the queens were pretty nasty to each other, didn't say anything about staff. I would also hazard that the queens didn't want to go to the bathrooms in the small stalls with all of their elaborate costumes, and it was easier just to piss in bottles or trashcans.

by Anonymousreply 84July 20, 2024 3:14 PM

“Voss girls” are the queens who sign up for representation with Brandon Voss, who also runs the Werq the World tour.

Not sure which of the other queens this could include. Haven’t kept up with the tour.

by Anonymousreply 85July 20, 2024 3:16 PM

I'm never surprised when I hear about behind the scenes fuckery at Drag Race, and I believe the queens who tell the stories of how shabbily they've been treated. It's great that people are speaking out about it. But it makes me sad to see how some of the queens have become consumed with their animosity toward the show. I'm a fan of Willam, Alaska, Delta, and some of the others in this category, but it makes me not want to watch their content when they're grousing about the same list of past injustices ad nauseam. What's the saying... "Living in resentment is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die"? To me, it's a huge waste of energy for some of the most talented and interesting performers in the game. I'm not saying they don't have a right to their feelings; I just believe it's a mistake for them to focus their careers on servicing this bitterness.

by Anonymousreply 86July 20, 2024 3:45 PM

Gottmik as a top? WTF

by Anonymousreply 87July 20, 2024 8:17 PM

I'm relieved to hear that the problematic queens are not Angie, Shannel, or Nina. They're not necessarily the most talented queens, but those three are my favorite queens this season. I would be seriously bummed if they turned out to be nasty and abusive. They all seem like genuinely decent sorts.

On the other hand, I can easily believe that Roxxxy, Plastique, and/or Gottmik are capable of that kind of bad behavior. Perhaps that's unfair, but that's how they come off to me. We shall see . . . maybe.

by Anonymousreply 88July 21, 2024 6:03 AM

I wasn't aware that Alaska was on the outs with the Drag Race franchise. What's her beef? She won her season of All Stars so I wouldn't think she'd be bitter

by Anonymousreply 89July 21, 2024 6:07 AM

I listen to the Racechaser podcast by Alaska and William every week. I don’t think Alaska is bitter, nor William for that matter What makes you think Alaska is bitter?

by Anonymousreply 90July 21, 2024 7:04 AM

Non-bitter people usually don't write blistering breakup songs about their former employer, or co-found a rival company and give it a name that mocks the other place. And if you have doubts that the song is about WOW, listen to the ending lyrics:

[quote]Oh how in the world, I wonder / Oh how in the world, I wonder / Oh how in the world, I wonder / Oh how in the world

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 21, 2024 8:26 AM

Meanwhile, WIllam bum-rushed Drag Con this weekend and is on Twitter and Reddit crowing about it and promoting her podcast where she'll tell all the details. It's all so middle school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92July 21, 2024 8:33 AM

I can't believe people still take everything Willam says seriously. He is always running his mouth and half of it ends up being complete bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 93July 21, 2024 10:52 AM

[quote]It's all so middle school.

It really is R92.

by Anonymousreply 94July 21, 2024 11:53 AM

R89 Alaska told her ex the elimination order of the Allstars season she was on, when they broke up he spilled the beans and spoiled the season online.

by Anonymousreply 95July 21, 2024 12:26 PM

Roxxy is a twisted, bilious cunt and I HATE her.

by Anonymousreply 96July 21, 2024 12:49 PM

Plus I don’t get Roxxxy’s whole Edna from Palm Beach aesthetic. Like she’s directing you where to sit your tuchus while balancing a plate of rugelach.

by Anonymousreply 97July 21, 2024 12:57 PM

We know they film multiple crownings, so do we think that they could let this drama with the lawsuit change the outcome? I hope so because I have a bad feeling this is going to go to Roxie, when it should be Angeria. And Angeria is safe from the lawsuit if it’s true, she wasn’t one of the guilty parties.

by Anonymousreply 98July 21, 2024 8:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!