Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 9 OFFICIAL Thread

There’s only 8, or so queens. I guess it means the only thing eliminated is their old faces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 17, 2024 11:07 AM

sad

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2024 12:58 PM

I watched the first 2 episodes. Quite good. I forgot how likeable Angeria is and how fucking annoying Vanjie is. Roxie is only 39!!

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2024 1:07 PM

The first episode was great. This is a fun cast.

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2024 1:10 PM

The for-charity-no-real-competition approach is a gasp for novelty that makes the show look like a "special" episode of "Family Feud."

But the queens already did that on "Family Feud."

Angeria, Roxxxy and Vangie at top 3. My shock is Gottmik not doing better. And I'll never get the love for Nina West.

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2024 1:53 PM

The only one who I am happy to see is Angeria, I can't muster any enthusiasm for anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2024 1:55 PM

Did Roxxy eat a bus stop with her scary new veneers?

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2024 3:05 PM

also, ep 2 was hands down the worst lipsync I have seen in the entire series' history. If you know you can't dance channel Jinx Monsoon for a song like that. Just fucking embarrassing at this point.

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2024 5:28 PM

I found Gottmik grating in his original season. This season isn’t changing my mind.

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2024 6:29 PM

It feels a little too packaged? No one is sent home so they don’t have to compete for a place. Plus they were paid in advance, including a costume allowance, so it all feels phony and produced.

Poor Jorgeous looked like a toddler dancing with Angeria.

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2024 6:37 PM

R9 agree. There’s zero stakes. I’ll keep watching if only for Plastique Tiara’s fits and fashions.

by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2024 6:46 PM

The constant fake enthusiasm of the cast at every breathless RuPaul pronouncement is really grating on me this time.

by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2024 11:14 PM

^PhiPhi^

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2024 2:11 AM

Nobody is watching anymore

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2024 1:08 PM

We get it Gottmik, you’re trans. And winning this episode was a joke. Nina clearly should have won. Gottmik shouldn’t have even been in the top.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2024 1:12 PM

There is nothing much to discuss with this season really r13.

I am watching it, but for this season it's just the queens hanging out for charity. We have gotten rid of any pretenses of it being a competition.

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2024 1:13 PM

Gottmik's always been mediocre. I'm still seething Utica lost to her after turning a cheap sleeping bag into that legendary Paris runway outfit.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2024 1:20 PM

I’m sick of Gottmik.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2024 2:05 PM

Gotmik has won me around after her season. She’s been great on this. Deserved win. I find Nina uncomfortable to watch. I can’t think why, I just want to look away.

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2024 2:28 PM

Gotnodick

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2024 3:30 PM

I’m finding it a decent watch. I wouldn’t want every All Stars season to be this low stakes, mind.

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2024 4:23 PM

I think it's pretty much impossible to go back. Once you do All Stars without eliminations why would any name brand queen want to sign up for a season of eliminations r20? They are going to expect the same treatment.

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2024 4:26 PM

I don't think Ru is famous for caring about what they expect.

You want the exposure, you play by Ru's Rules.

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2024 5:14 PM

But this is All Stars not a regular season r22. A lot of the alumni from the show have been telling the show no when asked to return. Nina West recently gave an interview where she mentioned this was the third time she asked for All Stars and she only said yes because of the format change.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2024 5:20 PM

It kind of has a retirement home vibe.

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2024 8:29 PM

They can keep the non elimination rule but get rid of the charity part, yeah it’s nice but boring. I’m sure WOW make enough to donate to charity if they wish. Then the girls can still agree to come back as it will be a non elimination series. We need bottoms, it’s all to nice with no bottoms. Although I did love Carlson reading Vanjie with her store bought garment.

by Anonymousreply 25May 26, 2024 1:33 AM

I hate Roxxy. I hate every overeat pound of that miserable fuck.

by Anonymousreply 26May 26, 2024 1:52 AM

I adore Angie- she was hilarious with Tayce when they were watching and re-capping UK vs The World series. I still have fondness for our little Oscar the Grouch, but I don't like her new makeup. I loathe Gottmik, but will allow that she does have great taste.

This is just a holdover until France starts their next season.

by Anonymousreply 27May 26, 2024 2:55 AM

Are there any stakes at all this season? Does anybody win any money?

by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2024 7:55 PM

Another vote against the obnoxious Gottmik. I’ve always kind of low grade detested it. After she pulled the surgical scars bullshit, then displayed its cooch, I’m done. Kick her BPD ass to the curb, Ru.

by Anonymousreply 29June 2, 2024 8:19 PM

I find Roxy Andrews hard to look at. Her face and make up looks grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 30June 9, 2024 8:06 AM

Roxy doesn’t look great out of drag. I was quite suprised to see she was only 39. Her runways are very dated also. Mik and Plastiques runways are keeping me interested though. I need some therapy after Nina and her Christmas outfit. How random, thank god she didn’t get to lipsync.

by Anonymousreply 31June 9, 2024 8:19 AM

Roxxxy is very big. Sometimes it looks like she has difficulty turning her head. It works for some people and can look good but the weight doesn't look good on Roxxxy.

by Anonymousreply 32June 9, 2024 8:42 AM

Is Angeria the Heidi of this season? Bullied and abused?

by Anonymousreply 33June 9, 2024 3:28 PM

I love Angie- she always looks like she's having a great time.

by Anonymousreply 34June 9, 2024 4:44 PM

I finally started watching and I actually thought the Snatch Game of Love was pretty fun. Gottmik was very impressive.

by Anonymousreply 35June 9, 2024 5:25 PM

I love Angie too R34. She's incredibly talented and charismatic and very likable.

by Anonymousreply 36June 10, 2024 8:42 AM

That fucking meltdown from Roxxxy was just stupid. Yes, you have to snip someone. It's a game. It's like collapsing into a heap of tears because you had to play an Uno reverse card.

I like Alec Mapa, but he doesn't have the tits for that no shirt under the blazer look. I bet his pansexual teen son would have told him the truth if he'd seen him dressed like that.

by Anonymousreply 37June 11, 2024 11:20 PM

They are making a TV show r37. I don't mind draq queens milking something for some drama.

Let's be honest, this season has very low stakes so they have to make this scissor shit try to mean something.

by Anonymousreply 38June 12, 2024 12:38 AM

The thing is we are gays or whatever. We want to fight for charity, but we ourselves deserve that charity. We've been damaged for so long, We are not in a position to be giving our hard earned money away.... that being said Angeria is a god awful looking person. She's just ugly.

by Anonymousreply 39June 15, 2024 3:44 AM

While I agree that this season's roast was the first where no one bombed, no one really killed it, either.

I was really happy to see Ruta Lee active and sharp and looking lovely. She was wonderful on Untucked, but if any of those queens (other than Shannel and Nina) had ever heard of her before that day, I'll eat a bug.

by Anonymousreply 40June 15, 2024 3:55 AM

Wow. Gotmik, or perhaps the person she hired to write her jokes, stole every single one of them from Nikki Glaser.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 15, 2024 4:45 AM

Wow, who knew Ruta Lee was still alive?? She looked great.

by Anonymousreply 42June 15, 2024 5:22 AM

R41 - everyone told recycled jokes, especially Plastique. It’s like she watched the roast of Phyllis Diller and took notes.

by Anonymousreply 43June 15, 2024 12:22 PM

Apparently Gottmik's roast routine was stolen verbatim from Nikki Glaser

by Anonymousreply 44June 15, 2024 5:28 PM

Ruta Lee has a damn good surgeon, or they yanked up her face under her wig. She's 89!

by Anonymousreply 45June 15, 2024 5:34 PM

It was Gottmik herself who stole every joke. Her picture next to the dictionary definition of vapid.

by Anonymousreply 46June 17, 2024 6:31 AM

Gottmik is saying she reworked the jokes. Also, she was “going through it”, “hit a breaking point”, “couldn’t stop crying” and will discuss this on her podcast, No Gorge.

Tune in!

by Anonymousreply 47June 17, 2024 10:56 AM

Did you know Gottmik is trans?????

by Anonymousreply 48June 17, 2024 11:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!