Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Scientific theory: Lots of gay men have a wonky left eye

I think there is a connection between chicken pox at an early age getting to the brain via the optic nerve on that side, which causes left eye wonkiness and homosexuality.

The optic nerve goes to the optic chiasm is located at the base of the brain, below the hypothalamus, and above the pituitary gland, in the middle cranial fossa. It's about 10 mm above the pituitary gland and 1 cm above the pituitary fossa. This attack also hits the pituitary gland affecting hormonal output. This might be a cause of homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 50April 30, 2024 12:58 PM

That, or mother listening to the cast album of Fiorello! during conception.

by Anonymousreply 1April 27, 2024 1:11 AM

OP - Andy Cohen

by Anonymousreply 2April 27, 2024 1:12 AM

The only way to “cure” homosexuality will be to remove all larged dick men from society. Voila. Zero appealing men = no homosexuality.

Since you seem to be looking for a cure.

by Anonymousreply 3April 27, 2024 1:12 AM

I’ve found that piss-fucking a guy can stop the random twitches.

by Anonymousreply 4April 27, 2024 1:30 AM

OP:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 27, 2024 1:39 AM

R5. Even for a gay man, you know he has an unclean ass.

by Anonymousreply 6April 27, 2024 1:40 AM

I had chicken Pox when I was seven years old. I was already gay and had been for years by then!

by Anonymousreply 7April 27, 2024 1:56 AM

Never had chicken pox. Could Chicken Kiev cause it? I did love that as a kid in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 8April 27, 2024 2:27 AM

I had Scarlet Fever (true) and was laid up on the family couch for my 7th grade summer.

The doctor was perplexed because it was so rare.

Fun times.

by Anonymousreply 9April 27, 2024 2:31 AM

BIG GIANT DICK OF LOVE

by Anonymousreply 10April 27, 2024 2:32 AM

Alright, listen up, darling! So, you're telling me there's a link between a wonky left eye and being fabulous? Honey, I've seen some fierce queens with perfect vision! But hey, if chicken pox is the new path to the runway, sign me up! Just make sure to serve that theory with a side of scientific evidence, hun, 'cause we're not here for no half-baked hypotheses, okay? Let's keep it real and leave the eye-wonkiness to the fashion runways, not the scientific ones!

by Anonymousreply 11April 27, 2024 2:35 AM

It’s the piss-fucking.

by Anonymousreply 12April 27, 2024 2:37 AM

What if my right eye is the wonky one? Is it like earrings?

by Anonymousreply 13April 27, 2024 3:35 AM

I've already had two operations to cure my wonky left eye.

by Anonymousreply 14April 27, 2024 3:40 AM

[quote] I had Scarlet Fever (true) and was laid up on the family couch for my 7th grade summer.

Fiddle-dee-dee. More like Scarlett O'Hara Fever!

by Anonymousreply 15April 27, 2024 3:58 AM

R9 I've actually had Scarlet Fever three times! The first as a toddler, the second in the third grade, and the third time in my early 20's. Doctors missed it each time because like you said, it's so rare, and rapid strep tests are infamous for false negative readings. They kept insisting I must be having some kind of allergic reaction. But it's basically the way my body expresses the strep virus any time it encounters it. I'll have the classic sore throat/fever of strep for less than 24-hours and then it immediately turns into a bright red full-body rash that feels like I've been dipped in itching powder which lasts for weeks and requires massive amounts of antibiotics to relieve, and then all that skin has to shed before it's normal again. It was months before I stopped looking like an elephant's foot.

I remember my mother telling my aunt over the phone and screaming, "Yes! Just like Beth in Little Women! Can you BELIEVE IT?!"

by Anonymousreply 16April 27, 2024 4:43 AM

If you cant even see straight, how can you think straight?

by Anonymousreply 17April 27, 2024 5:28 AM

Younger brothers have bigger cocks.

by Anonymousreply 18April 27, 2024 5:35 AM

[quote]r8 Never had chicken pox. Could Chicken Kiev cause it? I did love that as a kid in the 70s.

Excuse me, but you sound just a little too comfortable dining on Russian delicacies during the COLD WAR.

May we assume you had your paperback copy of [italic]Nicholas & Alexandra [/italic] propped up before you as you ate?

by Anonymousreply 19April 27, 2024 6:33 AM

Interesting photo illustrating the phenomenon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 27, 2024 8:29 AM

When my mother got me into Lifetime movies, the Hallmark Channel, and let me watch Desperate Housewives at the age of SEVEN from the first episode (Oct 2004), there were obvious signs that I was different.

I remember after Katrina, my parents and my dad's cousin were sitting outside on our deck. They were discussing remodeling homes and, I was asked "Are you interested in helping people interior decorate?" and I responded very flamboyantly (and honestly) how I loved to decorate. They took that as me pretending to be gay when that's just who I fucking was...Since that night, and when I had a Stevie Nicks obsession in 2008 at the age of 12, I realized I was different from the other boys. And then the fantasizing began of course!

I am known to get lost in thought, and when that happens my eyes go off a bit. It resembles lazy eye, but maybe it's the wonky eye OP is mentioning. I was vaccinated against chickenpox, but I still got a mild case after I was exposed to another kid who had it. Hooray for the possibility of getting Shingles in my future!

by Anonymousreply 21April 27, 2024 8:43 AM

I am NOT Gay! 😠

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 27, 2024 9:16 AM

That's hot.

by Anonymousreply 23April 27, 2024 10:30 AM

There is a difference between lazy eye and wonky eye.

Lazy eye is when one eye turns outward. That's a layman's term.

Wonky eye is not actually a thing outside of the DL. Not even a colloquial term.

It's called Esotropia is a type of strabismus (eye misalignment) in which one or both eyes turn inward.

by Anonymousreply 24April 27, 2024 12:43 PM

I was born cross eyed which apparently is not that uncommon. Doctors back in the day tried to correct it at the age of about 3 years old. I don't remember the surgery, but it still left me with one eye always turning inward depending on which one I chose to look at things. That all happened long before I got Chicken Pox.

Like being gay, I was teased about it all through childhood. Wore glasses all through school until I was 16 when I begged my parents for contacts. Thankfully, the relented with stern warnings about taking care of them. "If you lose them, you are going back to glasses".

by Anonymousreply 25April 27, 2024 12:51 PM

I have a wonky big right toe.

by Anonymousreply 26April 27, 2024 12:54 PM

I have a wonky dick

by Anonymousreply 27April 27, 2024 1:04 PM

I wish R5 would fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 28April 27, 2024 1:05 PM

This is so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 29April 27, 2024 3:34 PM

^ That's because you have a wonky face 🤪

by Anonymousreply 30April 27, 2024 3:40 PM

A wonky left eye means you’re a top, a wonky right eye means you’re a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 31April 27, 2024 3:42 PM

In my day, a new thousand years ago, it was “cockeyed.”

by Anonymousreply 32April 27, 2024 3:44 PM

^ How Gay, I'm always eyeing cock 😛

by Anonymousreply 33April 27, 2024 3:50 PM

What are you talking about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 27, 2024 4:16 PM

R24 what would you call this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 27, 2024 4:44 PM

@r35, A Blobfish

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 27, 2024 7:45 PM

So it’s the eye not the wrist? I guess I was informed wrong.

by Anonymousreply 37April 27, 2024 7:50 PM

It could be worse, Bi-Sexual?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 29, 2024 12:26 PM

Your theory is dismissed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 29, 2024 5:38 PM

I have a wonky right eye, but I'm also left-handed.

by Anonymousreply 40April 29, 2024 6:20 PM

I had Scarlett fever at 9. I flounced around our veranda shouting "Fiddle-dee-dee." My mother forbade me to refer to our black housekeeper, Josie, as "Mammy."

by Anonymousreply 41April 29, 2024 8:20 PM

I thought it was hormones from the mother's womb that causes gayness? Wasn't there a theory that the more male children a woman has the higher the odds one of the younger ones will be gay? I may have read that right here on DL. This study sounds like rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 42April 30, 2024 4:59 AM

It's all rubbish, being Gay is just like blue eyes and brown hair. It's genetic and like everything genetic you're never quite sure when and where it's going to show up

by Anonymousreply 43April 30, 2024 6:18 AM

Actually, there is no gay gene. They have never found one that does that.

It's more epigenetics that might be the cause.

by Anonymousreply 44April 30, 2024 7:47 AM

^ Ok, it's like saying a person doesn't inherit personality/intelligence traits, but they do

by Anonymousreply 45April 30, 2024 8:04 AM

Not that's not the same R45. Intelligence is passed down through a combination of genes, personalty is mostly environmental influences.

by Anonymousreply 46April 30, 2024 9:47 AM

^ So, when someone says, "You have your grandfather's sense of humor", it's environmental even though he died before I was born?

by Anonymousreply 47April 30, 2024 10:08 AM

^ So, Yes, because he probably passed that trait by exposing his kids to humor, who would be your parents who probably passed it on to you the same way, through environment 24/7 all the way to adulthood.

by Anonymousreply 48April 30, 2024 11:04 AM

I think there's a lot more gay people than studies suggest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 30, 2024 11:46 AM

@r48, Well, it's a good thing grandpa never killed anyone, because I'd sure hate for my parents to have passed that on to me 😳

by Anonymousreply 50April 30, 2024 12:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!