Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Former NFL Star Carl Nassib: ‘There are kids … who’d rather be dead than gay’

In 2021, Nassib – then playing for the Las Vegas Raiders – became the first active NFL player in league history to publicly identify as gay.

Nassib said he agonized over the decision for 15 years, adding that he was a private person and wasn’t seeking any publicity.

Months later, he became the first active NFL player identifying as gay to feature in a regular season game, starring in the Raiders’ thrilling 33-27 win over the Baltimore Ravens.

When he announced, Nassib pointed towards The Trevor Project – a suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ+ youth – and how it had helped him.

On Friday, Nassib will continue that partnership, as he announces the second round pick of the Cleveland Browns – the team with whom Nassib began his NFL career in 2016 – at the 2024 NFL Draft.

As the team’s guest picker, Nassib will be joined on stage in Detroit by The Trevor Project’s founder and interim CEO, Peggy Rajski.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 1, 2024 12:16 PM

Does this mean he’s going to switch parties?

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2024 6:58 PM

Exactly what I was thinking, R1.

For all the good that these Progressive/Liberal organizations have done, and all the help they have given Carl Nassib, he is STILL a motherfucking Trump supporter.

He can go fuck himself.

by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2024 6:59 PM

[quote] he is STILL a motherfucking Trump supporter

Is he? In the past few years since coming out, I don’t think he’s said a word about tRump or the GQP. He, or at least his handlers, realized that expressing any support for Cheatolini was antithetical to the mission of the Trevor Project. His last two boyfriends were both progressives/liberals. I think that his past support of tRump is troubling and problematic, but are we certain that he is still a supporter?

by Anonymousreply 3April 27, 2024 4:33 PM

Looks like he's split up from his Danish boyfriend if his Instagram is anything to go by.

I may be vastly out of date on this, as I often am.

by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2024 9:07 AM

Maybe Moose wanted some fresh ass… or the bf was too clingy or freaky.

by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2024 9:37 AM

R5 Could be either. I think he got rid of the twink because he wanted fresh ass, but Soren was more experienced and perhaps was at odds with Nassib's 'traditional' values!

by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2024 10:04 AM

I’m sure the Log Cabin Republicans approached him after he came out. They'd love a figure like him to speak at an event. It’s encouraging that he's remained focused on charity work.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2024 2:15 AM

He's been out with women lately, so i see him switching teams, his family is fundi, so not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2024 2:30 AM

That’s called asexual and they’re not gay. Maybe a mutual JO time to time but they’re human too.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2024 2:34 AM

R8, just stop.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2024 4:23 AM

There are queens on DL who’d rather be dead than gay.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2024 8:16 AM

And there are rich gays that have their gay marriage so are fine being MAGA assholes. Carl is one of those assholes. Fuck him!

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2024 8:32 AM

WHAAAT? I NEVER heard of this until Carl Nassib said it. He's a prophet.

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2024 12:01 PM

I'm surprised Carl hasn't found a new boyfriend. Unless he has and is keeping it quiet after making the mistake of being a bit too 'showy' with the twink and the Dane and then having to delete all the insta photos.

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2024 12:04 PM

Interesting that the reporter asked Nassib’s opinion regarding the graduation speech by closet-case Harrison Buttkisser — which he opposes both as to the comments about women and Pride — but nothing more broadly about the horribly anti-gay politics of the Repukes in general. Nassib rightly notes that corporations that are tepid in their support of the community (here one day and gone at the first sign of controversy) have negative consequences for young members of the community. Yeah, well, so do deplorables like Meatball Ron or Cheatolini who embraces Project 2025, which is very anti-LGBTQ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 12, 2024 10:35 AM

This guy looks handsome in some photos and fug in others. It's bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 16June 21, 2024 1:48 AM

he's finally putting up some good pics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 21, 2024 2:02 AM

Wonder what’s hiding in the trunks.

by Anonymousreply 18June 21, 2024 2:05 AM

R17, not bad, but the legs need work.

by Anonymousreply 19June 21, 2024 2:06 AM

R18, a football.

by Anonymousreply 20June 21, 2024 2:06 AM

The only problem with being gay is when you also want love and respect from everyone you meet. You won't ever get that if you're out. Stop tap-dancing for approval from the breeders and you'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 21June 21, 2024 2:10 AM

Seems like a decent guy, and considering he’s in football, he is well-spoken, attuned to the outside world and actually puts money behind the charities he supports.

LGBTQ charities that no MAGAt would support.

No complaints here.

by Anonymousreply 22June 21, 2024 2:18 AM

Slut

by Anonymousreply 23June 21, 2024 2:18 AM

He’s no longer with the Danish guy right?

by Anonymousreply 24June 21, 2024 2:19 AM

He has a manly body.

by Anonymousreply 25June 21, 2024 5:05 AM

I liked him with the twink but the twink is too good for him. Something is off about this log cabin

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2024 3:58 AM

Any photos of the latest boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2024 10:31 PM

I suspect he’s an excellent fuck, and considering the last twink boyfriend, very likely a top.

by Anonymousreply 28June 24, 2024 2:02 AM

R27 None so far. I think he regrets people so public with his last couple of boyfriends and is probably back to being private, as he described himself when he first came out.

by Anonymousreply 29June 24, 2024 8:45 AM

Of course you all turn this into politics. Mind your business.

by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2024 8:51 AM

R30 Joey Swoll, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2024 9:08 AM

R16 This guy is not within 12 miles of "Fug." You people are insane.

by Anonymousreply 32June 30, 2024 10:21 AM

R32 Yeah he's not fug. Nor is he that attractive facially.

His attractiveness lies more in his body and height for me. If I didn't know who he was and was shown just a photo of his face, I wouldn't describe him as handsome. Just... different.

by Anonymousreply 33July 1, 2024 9:22 AM

Is there more than one or two people posting in this thread from April?

by Anonymousreply 34July 1, 2024 9:27 AM

He’s attractive facially. And as a bonus (sad that I have to say this) he has a normal face.

by Anonymousreply 35July 1, 2024 12:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!