Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Winnipeg Serial Killer Trial

Jury selection has begun for alleged Winnipeg serial killer Jeremy Skibiki.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 6, 2024 10:10 PM

Maclean's has a good article about the background of Skibicki and then victims. I am interested to hear about the evidence the police collected from his apartment. They must have dna for the women but not bodies. Also video evidence like with Bruce McArthur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2024 5:43 PM

Looks like the defence is going for NCR. I hope it doesn't go over with the jury.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2024 7:58 PM

I watched the Dorothy Lewis documentary Crazy Not Insane about serial killers and whether they are mentally ill and therefore be spared the death penalty. Canada doesn't have the death penalty but I still don't think this guy should get NCR.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2024 8:11 PM

He will only get 25 years, max. That's the travesty of the Canadian "justice" system. You can kill as many people as you want for one low price.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2024 12:02 AM

Canada has a dangerous offender designation, so more than 25 yrs is likely in these kinds of cases.

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2024 7:42 AM

The alleged killer admits to the 4 murders but says he is NCR due to mental health condition. Well we shall see...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 6, 2024 9:57 PM

What on earth does Trudeau have to do with criminal trials and sentencing, R4?

by Anonymousreply 7May 6, 2024 10:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!