Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pauly Shore ‘Was Up All Night Crying’ After Richard Simmons Did Not Approve Planned Biopic

On Thursday, April 25, Shore, 56, shared a lengthy Instagram response to Simmons’ latest message about the film.

“You guys, I was up all night crying regarding Richard Simmons’ tweet,” the comedian wrote, alongside a screenshot of Simmons’ Facebook statement. “Richard, how do you not approve of this movie? I mean, really, who’s better to play you in a movie than ME?”

Shore went on to say that Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt were not likely to play Simmons, joking that “Everyone already thinks I’m you. We’re the same. Beautiful, inside and out.”

Next, Shore invited Simmons, 75, to hear his and writer Jordan Allen-Dutton’s pitch for the biopic, offering to bring “some warm matzo ball soup and a pastrami sandwich with dark mustard from Canters” to Simmons’ house.

“I know you, Richard. We used to hang out back in the day,” Shore wrote. “I’d always see you at The Comedy Store. You’re my old buddy. Richard, you’re going to love our movie. We’re going to make the most beautiful cinematic masterpiece that’s going to honor you in a way that you’ll drop to your knees and cry with joy and happiness.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 27, 2024 3:47 AM

Why would he think Richard would have approved him playing Richard?

You know Richard is offended that Pauly Shore thinks he looks like Richard. Richard would want Timothee or Aaron Taylor Johnson to play him.

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2024 5:30 PM

Was he Shaking and Crying?

by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2024 5:31 PM

It's a bit manipulative of Shore.

Perhaps, Simmons simply would prefer not to have aspects of his personal life dramatized for entertainment. At least a documentary pretends to be factual. A biopic will twist aspects and merge people in order to tighten the story.

Who we are is more than the big dramatic events in our lives. It's the small, daily interactions and "boring" stuff that don't make for good cinema that makes us who we are.

by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2024 5:40 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2024 5:41 PM

I guess Shore thinks he's being funny, but he's not.

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2024 6:00 PM

A drama queen playing a drama queen.

How perfect.

by Anonymousreply 6April 27, 2024 3:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!