Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dairy-loving Fat Whores, Rejoice!

Enjoy your full-fat dairy, you fat whores!

Delicious and satisfying full fatty-fat-fatso dairy products are not worse than low fat and no fat. They just have more calories.

If your total calories per day stay reasonable, no need to avoid full fat dairy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2024 2:51 PM

We had this debate when the article came out, OP. You're LATE, as per usual.

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2024 2:03 PM

It doesn't matter what the nutritional guidance is. In a few years it will be reversed.

by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2024 2:08 PM

Remember reading this argument in this book years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2024 2:10 PM

Healthier is a non-specific, so somewhat useless description.

What is incontrovertible is that whole milk has something like 152 calories per cup vs. 85 calories in skim milk. An increase of at least 500 to 1000 calories each day will promote a one to two pound weight gain per week. It takes an extra 3500 calories to gain one pound of body weight. Over the course of one month, that's 0.6 lbs gained from drinking one cup of whole vs. skim milk. In one year, just by drinking whole milk that's 7.2lbs gained.

While the article suggests that studies seem to show that people who consumer dairy fat do not gain more weight, the math suggests that there must be other factors ceteris paribus.

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2024 2:10 PM

R4 true, and I accounted for it. "If your total calories per day stay reasonable, no need to avoid full fat dairy!"

Obviously fat whores will overindulge to maintain and gain FAT.

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2024 2:19 PM

Harvard Medical School recommends a daily mix of full fat and reduced fat dairy, such as a reduced fat milk drink and a full fat yoghurt.

If you can endure actual skim milk good luck to you, but there's not really that much difference between full fat and reduced fat milk. I mean, full fat milk is only 3.25% fat. (Double cream is 48% fat.)

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2024 2:31 PM

[quote]If you can endure actual skim milk good luck to you,

I've been drinking skim milk for so long that whole milk is a bit too much. I really only use whole milk when I'm cooking something that requires milk.

by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2024 2:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!