Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Loot

I’m enjoying the first season. I like the hot nerd.

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2024 3:27 PM

No thanks. Maya Rudolph is so racist and ugly. And a privileged nepo baby.

by Anonymousreply 1April 25, 2024 10:08 PM

It’s not funny. The concept was great, the execution a painful failure.

by Anonymousreply 2April 25, 2024 10:17 PM

I just started watching this show and I love it - it’s hysterical. Maya is a riot and this part of perfect for her. I’m on Season 2 now and thank god Joel Kim Poofter got rid of those horrible bangs - they were atrocious, so much better with a side part. This is my new favorite show.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2024 4:19 PM

I really like it, kind of like Shits Creek, takes a while to get hooked into it. Lots of charter development as it progresses. It's light, kind of funny, but shifts from the main character being super shallow to learning things about life from mixing with real people. I really like the other cast members, especially Michaela Jaé Rodriguez who plays the really uptight office manager. I have known people like that.

by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2024 9:41 PM

We include links in posts such as this - how embarrassing for you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5May 15, 2024 1:45 AM

I'm just starting. Stupid rich but funny as hell.

by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2024 11:58 PM

It's deeply unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2024 1:07 AM

Explain R7.

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2024 1:20 AM

[quote] I like the hot nerd.

You mean the Accountant? Do you mean, Academy Award Winner, Nat Faxon? I'll never understand how he made it in Hollywood with those teeth.

He was better in that show, Grosse Point, which was far funnier than Loot is.

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2024 1:32 AM

Funny in concept, but failure in execution. They need tighter writing. I gave up after three episodes. Did it get any better?

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2024 1:36 AM

[quote] Did it get any better?

No.

They just keep recylcying the same jokes and scenarios over and over.

Also, they really keep trying to make the Gay friend a thing and it just doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2024 1:42 AM

I still like it, still waiting for new episodes. Not every show needs to be an academy winner to be entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2024 2:00 AM

I will say that Maya's wardrobe is terrible for a billionairess.

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2024 3:00 AM

R13 her wardrobe is terrible for anyone. But poor thing probably can't fit into anything else.

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2024 3:50 AM

Honestly, she looks like hell. There's a scene where she asks her assistant if she should have gone for botox and I said out loud " yes". I can't tell what kind of body she has because she's wearing caftans or capes all the time. She's overweight and I'm guessing a very lumpy overweight.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2024 6:19 PM

Yeah, she is a bit big, they have only so much to work with. At that size, I think they are doing an ok job. Who was the other actress that was supposed to be another billionaire, also VERY chunky. She made Maya look good.

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2024 12:48 AM

From a character standpoint, I like that they don't let her have this magical turn around and instant happiness. I love the episode where she had a fight with her assistant, told him to go home, tried to prove him wrong, then she locks herself into the safe room unable to stop the cheeping of the smoke alarm. That's almost exactly like someone I work for. 40 years of marriage to a wealthy man, suddenly on her own, cant do a damn thing for herself even though she thinks she can.

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2024 12:52 AM

The husband looks like her son. I think the show is funny and I like it but she is miscast but I I love the skewering of the ridiculous over the top lifestyles. Her photoshoot at her newly downsized beach "cabana" that's a mansion was funny.

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2024 3:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!