Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Jinx - Season Two

This is amazing if you love true crime. I just watched the first episode of the new season and it picks up with the airing of the first season and Bobby Durst trying to escape to Cuba.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 9, 2024 11:07 AM

Durst was CRAY

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2024 5:41 AM

Those dead shark eyes. Just like Tina Fey.

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2024 5:46 AM

Whatever became of his wife Debrah Lee Charatan?

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2024 10:19 AM

I’m tired of his story

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2024 12:24 PM

She's still "married" to him, r3. She was down in New Orleans visiting him in jail after he was captured.

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2024 11:16 PM

How is she alive! I guess she never blackmailed him about his murder of Kathie.

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2024 12:19 AM

All the talk of the fear that a criminal defendant from a major NY real estate family might be threatening potential witnesses certainly brings to mind someone else.

by Anonymousreply 7May 6, 2024 3:31 AM

Holy fuck- that Berman chick he killed was a PIECE OF SHIT. That recorded phone call was a revelation. Its like a crime noir thriller where one scumbag turns on the other..

She got what she deserved.

by Anonymousreply 8May 6, 2024 11:54 PM

Episode 5 is CRAZY! Anyone watch it yet??

by Anonymousreply 9May 20, 2024 10:30 PM

His family is shit. They knew he killed his shiksa wife. The6 knew he was torturing and killing dogs. They knew he was traveling around the country for no discernible reason. He didn’t have a job, He didn’t have a wife and family. He was just going from place to murder people and move on. His brother smirked when talking about him killing the dogs. Piece of shit family.

I have a wacko sister. If I was as rich as the Durst family and I knew she was killing people I’d hire a private detective to get evidence and then I’d turn her ass into the police.

by Anonymousreply 10May 20, 2024 10:57 PM

That Deborah wife is a piece of shit too.

by Anonymousreply 11May 20, 2024 11:42 PM

I'm not a big fan of true crime, but this series is so well done! Most Netflix-style true crime wallows in the pain of the victims or the methods of the criminal, and frankly, is not very well edited. This series is more of a sociological take on a crime. It shows how so many different people enabled Durst to get away with it because they all thought that they had something to gain. It also presents a very interesting look at the Texan and New York sides of the stories. I'm from Houston and I thought the Texas angle was really smart. It didn't go in for stereotypes. I'm in the middle of season 2 now.

by Anonymousreply 12May 20, 2024 11:43 PM

I can't believe that all four of his attorneys left town without talking to Durst! $12 million!!!

by Anonymousreply 13May 21, 2024 6:08 AM

Remember Capturing the Friedmans? The dad was obviously guilty as sin. The jailed son was guilty probably to a lesser extent as a sidekick, being clearly groomed and abused by the dad.

But Andrew Jarecki structured it to make them look sympathetic and to provide some plausible deniability.

I haven’t seen much of season 2 of The Jinx but I wonder how Jarecki’s methods compare here.

by Anonymousreply 14May 21, 2024 7:11 AM

Durst is not sympathetic. I find him kind of inscrutable. Everyone in his orbit says he's charismatic, but he comes across as creepy and awkward. I like this series a lot more than Capturing the Friedmans, but I saw it a long time ago and don't really remember it.

by Anonymousreply 15May 21, 2024 8:31 PM

If Trump is looking for a loyal vice president, he could do worse than picking Debbie Charatan.

by Anonymousreply 16May 27, 2024 3:44 PM

JARECKI

by Anonymousreply 17May 27, 2024 4:08 PM

Was there really no more information about Durst dying?

by Anonymousreply 18May 27, 2024 4:20 PM

Debbie was quite the meeskite before she met Bob.

by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2024 4:23 PM

The first season was so fascinating, and what a climactic ending. Second was ok - mostly cleanup, but still fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 20May 27, 2024 4:30 PM

The second season had no reason to exist. At most it should have been a two hour movie covering the trial and Durst’s death. But there was literally nothing here to justify 6 hour long episodes.

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2024 6:05 PM

The Chavin situation was so strange.

by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2024 10:12 PM

My entertainment, r21?

by Anonymousreply 23May 29, 2024 3:49 AM

[quote] Holy fuck- that Berman chick he killed was a PIECE OF SHIT. That recorded phone call was a revelation. Its like a crime noir thriller where one scumbag turns on the other..

Spill

by Anonymousreply 24May 29, 2024 5:16 AM

Six fucking episodes, all of which are in sloooooow mooooootion.

by Anonymousreply 25May 29, 2024 7:08 AM

Slow is perfect for R23.

by Anonymousreply 26May 29, 2024 12:53 PM

I finally watched the first season of The Jinx. I’m not usually into true crime documentaries but it was amazing and totally lived up to the hype.

by Anonymousreply 27June 9, 2024 9:58 AM

How about season 2 r27?

by Anonymousreply 28June 9, 2024 11:01 AM

R28 I haven’t started it yet.

by Anonymousreply 29June 9, 2024 11:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!