Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Facebook comments on "Finn" Affleck (Garner) are brutal

Also on CDAN. I will say announcing it off the pulpit at her grandfather's funeral may not have been a good look, but I bet a lot of the people were asking why she/he was dressed that way so it may have been to explain that. I don't believe kids under 18 should be allowed anything medical to transition though.

by Anonymousreply 24April 10, 2024 11:41 PM

I noticed a lot of them are saying the parents shouldn't have allowed it. But what do you do, you don't want a suicidal child.

by Anonymousreply 1April 10, 2024 10:40 PM

[quote] But what do you do, you don't want a suicidal child.

They’re not suicidal. They’re throwing a tantrum, idiot.

by Anonymousreply 2April 10, 2024 10:45 PM

Facebook where? CDAN is fake.

by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2024 10:47 PM

r2 I wouldn't want to test that theory if I had a child. I remember how dramatic everything was when younger and I would not want my child's suicide on my hands.

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2024 10:47 PM

r3 the comments on articles about it posted on Facebook such as The Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2024 10:49 PM

[quote]I wouldn't want to test that theory if I had a child. I remember how dramatic everything was when younger and I would not want my child's suicide on my hands.

Well if a kid is so on edge they need a therapist and possibly hospitalization not cross sex hormones.

by Anonymousreply 6April 10, 2024 10:52 PM

I wonder if this is somehow related to their parents' divorce and new step sibling who is also gender neutral, Emme Muniz? It seems kids are impressionable, Fin did it because Emme did it first?

by Anonymousreply 7April 10, 2024 10:53 PM

A lot of the commenters blamed Emme

by Anonymousreply 8April 10, 2024 10:54 PM

r6 A therapist is not going to talk the kid out of it. A family friend took their trans child to a therapist and the therapist said the family should be offering encouragement.

by Anonymousreply 9April 10, 2024 10:56 PM

Its a trend for rich and famous offspring

by Anonymousreply 10April 10, 2024 10:57 PM

Why can't kids wear what they want?

If someone was bullying a gay boy for looking too feminine, you'd be outraged

by Anonymousreply 11April 10, 2024 10:58 PM

R10, no, it's not a trend.

You conservatives said the same thing about homosexuality. You said the world would end if gays got married or served in the military. Conservatives are always wrong about everything

by Anonymousreply 12April 10, 2024 10:59 PM

R7, conservatives also think homosexuality is contagious...

by Anonymousreply 13April 10, 2024 11:00 PM

Someone mentioned on the other thread the meme on facebook that has a funeral, and the priest or whoever, asks if anyone wants to say anything, and someone says, "yes, I'm trans.", and thats actually perfect, I hope that meme was posted or it was a waste!

by Anonymousreply 14April 10, 2024 11:01 PM

My dad is 84 years. He's been trans since he was a kid and finally was able to admit to himself and the rest of us last year. He's so much happier now. I'm glad he got to live to see that there is acceptance and sad he has to have his feelings confirmed that some people want him dead

by Anonymousreply 15April 10, 2024 11:09 PM

well R12 its great you know me better than I know myself! I didn't say the trans movement was a trend just that certain celebrity kids seem to be jumping on the band wagon, happy to be wrong about it though

by Anonymousreply 16April 10, 2024 11:11 PM

It’s Fin fucktard OP

by Anonymousreply 17April 10, 2024 11:14 PM

[quote] A family friend took their trans child to a therapist and the therapist said the family should be offering encouragement.

Where in California was this?

by Anonymousreply 18April 10, 2024 11:21 PM

[quote] My dad is 84 years. He's been trans since he was a kid and finally was able to admit to himself

Your dad is a cross dresser, hon. He has a fetish. There’s no such thing as trans. There’s mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 19April 10, 2024 11:22 PM

Anyone who can’t accept their body parts has a screw loose. It’s body dysmorphia. We now have people believing they should be disabled and are demanding that their limbs be removed. Others believe they should have been born blind and are having people blind them.

These people don’t live in reality.

by Anonymousreply 20April 10, 2024 11:24 PM

R15 You should read "In One Person" that's what your dad's story sounds like. John Irving.

by Anonymousreply 21April 10, 2024 11:36 PM

r18 Michigan

by Anonymousreply 22April 10, 2024 11:39 PM

Thanks r21. I love John Irving and haven't seen that one.

by Anonymousreply 23April 10, 2024 11:40 PM

It's from 2012 R23. It's pretty good, it's no Owen Meany.

by Anonymousreply 24April 10, 2024 11:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!