Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SNL 4/6/24

Host: Kristen Wiig

Musical Guest: Raye

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 8, 2024 1:34 AM

I like Kristin...She looks really good in this promo...she's had a bit of work done. Just a bit and it was done well, too.

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2024 2:31 AM

Martha Raye is the musical guest?

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2024 2:32 AM

I believe others are posting about tonight’s SNL in the below-linked thread despite the interrogatory nature of the thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2024 2:33 AM

Lookin forward to it with her hosting tonight!

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2024 2:45 AM

Thanks, R3. My bad -- I neglected to do a search first.

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2024 2:49 AM

Thank you for admitting it, R5/OP.

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2024 2:57 AM

NCAA cold open with the male cast.

We’re off to a great start…

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2024 3:32 AM

She doesn't look like the Wiig I'm used to. Is it just the new hairstyle or is it really plastic surgery like r1 speculates?

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2024 3:37 AM

Is she…a tall Mikey Cyrus now?

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2024 3:39 AM

Five-timer jackets are about as common as egot winners these days.

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2024 3:39 AM

^Miley

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2024 3:40 AM

Jon Hamm is bulging but looks bloated.

He's definitely drinking again.

by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2024 3:41 AM

Five Timers Club is one of the lamer SNL recurring bits.

by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2024 3:43 AM

Those annoying fake artificially smiling audience members surrounding and reacting to standing cameo guests among them, though…

by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2024 3:43 AM

R12 I thought he looked gayer.

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2024 3:43 AM

Ryan Gosling looks like shit. His eyes look messed up... bad face work?

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2024 3:43 AM

Great cold open

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2024 3:45 AM

Gameboard skit. “Sorry, I don’t want to be Jumanji-ed, so yeah, no…” lol

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2024 3:51 AM

Well that was better than another game show skit.

by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2024 3:52 AM

"One gay man not wearing underwear."

by Anonymousreply 20April 7, 2024 3:53 AM

Ryan Goaling.

by Anonymousreply 21April 7, 2024 3:56 AM

Now this is so far delivering the alive energy of a pretty cool SNL episode. 😍

by Anonymousreply 22April 7, 2024 3:59 AM

Waiting to laugh here…

by Anonymousreply 23April 7, 2024 4:00 AM

Who’s that FAGGOT?

Oh, it’s Matt Damon.

by Anonymousreply 24April 7, 2024 4:09 AM

Who the hell booked this “singing talent”? Cripes!

by Anonymousreply 25April 7, 2024 4:18 AM

“Pure chaos!”

by Anonymousreply 26April 7, 2024 4:25 AM

R25, it's as if she found her parents' jazz albums and started mimicking the female singers in front of the mirror with her hairbrush.

by Anonymousreply 27April 7, 2024 4:36 AM

I wanna hear the bad thing!!!

by Anonymousreply 28April 7, 2024 4:41 AM

Looks like she had some work done on her face

by Anonymousreply 29April 7, 2024 4:42 AM

Yeh, I’m gonna rush and buy her shit!

by Anonymousreply 30April 7, 2024 4:48 AM

They didn't have shoes in wardrobe?

by Anonymousreply 31April 7, 2024 4:49 AM

TF?! No shoes??

by Anonymousreply 32April 7, 2024 4:51 AM

I'm just gonna say it. I laughed my ass off tonight. Funny, energetic and some truly bizarre and original content.

by Anonymousreply 33April 7, 2024 4:58 AM

The show sucked from beginning to end.

by Anonymousreply 34April 7, 2024 5:51 AM

I liked the Jumanji sketch

by Anonymousreply 35April 7, 2024 5:56 AM

"I believe others are posting about tonight’s SNL in the below-linked thread despite the interrogatory nature of the thread."

Well smell you, Little Miss Hall Monitor.

by Anonymousreply 36April 7, 2024 6:17 AM

Is Raye some sort of TikTok star or something ?

I imagine Lorne Michaels going back to his office and getting a blowjob from a 23-year-old during her alleged performance.

by Anonymousreply 37April 7, 2024 7:17 AM

Raye was fantastic. Saw her on Graham last year and fell in love. The retirement sketch was truly bizarre and fucking hilarious. Overall, a great episode.

by Anonymousreply 38April 7, 2024 7:38 AM

She looks so different. She looks good but I can’t figure out what she had done.

by Anonymousreply 39April 7, 2024 8:15 AM

She looks prettier, she definitely had something done but what?

by Anonymousreply 40April 7, 2024 8:25 AM

She's had her face tightened, either with a facelift or several sessions of the heat and light devices they use now, like lasers or radiofrequency.

by Anonymousreply 41April 7, 2024 8:32 AM

Didn't she have a fling with Hamm before, wonder if they have hooked up again

by Anonymousreply 42April 7, 2024 8:46 AM

Is her nose smaller too? To me there is something more than a tighter face going on.

by Anonymousreply 43April 7, 2024 8:50 AM

Facelift, rhinoplasty, forehead Botox overload, cheek fillers, and some Ozempic.

Sad. She used to be a natural at physical comedy. She’s not capable of it anymore with this work. Her face is so stretched back now. 👽

by Anonymousreply 44April 7, 2024 12:04 PM

It's her eyes. She didn't get a lot done. Just a bit of "refreshing." She looks good. But I liked her before. Her looks went with her comedic personality.

by Anonymousreply 45April 7, 2024 1:16 PM

Best part of the show was Marcello during 'Weekend Update'. Something so sexy and funny about him. The rest of the show sucked.

by Anonymousreply 46April 7, 2024 2:49 PM

Are they booking the rejects from "The Voice" and "American Idol" as their musical talent each week ?

by Anonymousreply 47April 7, 2024 3:05 PM

r36, please do not berate the Hall Monitors, we simply guide DLers to threads. You should deride errant OPs who post that their thread is THE thread. If you look at r3's thread, it points to a thread where only seven people posted. This is what Hall and Thread Monitors do.

DL has spoken that this was the thread to post on.

What usually happens is that people post on the thread with the most activity.

Now as for this episode of SNL, when people are posting about anything BUT the episode it must suck.

I no longer watch the live SNL broadcast, but I DVR it.

I will be watching later in the Sunday afternoon when there is shit to watch on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 48April 7, 2024 3:23 PM

[quote] If you look at R3’s thread

It isn’t my thread. I was just making the OP of this thread aware, guiding if you will, of the existence of that thread given that at the time it had more replies than this one. The other thread was more of an interrogatory thread anyway, as I noted. DL selected this thread.

by Anonymousreply 49April 7, 2024 3:30 PM

[quote][R36], please do not berate the Hall Monitors, we simply guide DLers to threads. You should deride errant OPs who post that their thread is THE thread

You could not sound more like a passive-aggressive hall monitor.

Get over yourself, toots.

by Anonymousreply 50April 7, 2024 3:30 PM

I always watch SNL on YOu TUbe on Sunday morning with my pancakes. I thought this week's episode was hilarious. So far I've made it through the cold open, the monologue with cameos, Jumanji, Pilates, the Disco thing, the Retirement Party, the kids birthday at Go Carts.,and the Sports update. Just watched a couple segments of weekend update, skipped the musical guest.

by Anonymousreply 51April 7, 2024 4:02 PM

Kristen had a very bad nose job, Jesus Christ, her nostrils are huge! She's also had her eyebrows thickened and her hair looks like shit. Too bad, she was funny once upon a time.

by Anonymousreply 52April 7, 2024 4:08 PM

[quote]She looks prettier

Yeah that’s what I noticed too. Noticeably prettier and skin tightening wouldn’t do that. An excellent nose job might. She always had a weird nose and has had at least one nose job already if not 2.

by Anonymousreply 53April 7, 2024 5:10 PM

Did Lorne import an entire supporting cast for Wiig?

Those were not cameos up front, they were introducing the show's cast for the evening.

Wiig knows that the current "players" are all shit.

by Anonymousreply 54April 7, 2024 7:45 PM

Plastic surgery or not, Wiig is damn good at sketch comedy. This was easily the best episode of the season and it's mostly due to her. She's just funny.

by Anonymousreply 55April 7, 2024 8:21 PM

Too many cameos, that says a lot

by Anonymousreply 56April 7, 2024 8:24 PM

Kristin clearly rode the Hammaconda. I hate her even more now.

by Anonymousreply 57April 7, 2024 11:12 PM

I never thought Wiig was a funny actress (the love for her on here and elsewhere baffles me), but she’s a decent writer. She’s from the SNL school of mugging as peak comedy dating all the way Belushi and Radner (who are both inexplicably deified, but their premature deaths explain a lot of that) Bill Hader was by far the funniest sketch comic of her SNL group.

Way too much Botox now. No clue how she consistently has gotten to fuck hotties like Hamm and the drummer from The Strokes I was in love with circa my college years. I remember she looked like his mom when they were dating even though she was only seven years older.

by Anonymousreply 58April 7, 2024 11:22 PM

r58 And now Kristen looks like Hamm's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 59April 8, 2024 12:32 AM

[quote]I always watch SNL on You Tube on Sunday morning with my pancakes.

Which is their favorite part of the show? My crepes love Weekend Update.

by Anonymousreply 60April 8, 2024 1:06 AM

R60, the little dears were too busy playing with the fresh strawberries and blueberries on the plate, then decided to take a swim in syrup and plant based butter. Personally I think they're getting too big to play around with the berries. There a re four of them and they're large. Never the less, they did enjoy everything, but especially the Pilates and Jumanji skits.

by Anonymousreply 61April 8, 2024 1:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!