Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Christina Applegate reveals that she was involved the night River Phoenix died that no one knows about

And she can’t speak about. What on Earth could that mean? She says around 39:55 on Dana Carvey and David Spade’s podcast. Great interview, btw. I guess maybe she knows who gave him the drink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 27, 2024 4:43 PM

Covering for Johnny Depp?

by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2024 2:23 AM

I don't like her as much now as I once did.

by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2024 5:55 AM

Dana is so hard to listen to.

by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2024 5:57 AM

She should just shut up 100% if she can't speak about it. I hate cryptic shit like this.

by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2024 6:00 AM

C’mon, Christina! Just pretend you’re talking about MS.

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2024 6:07 AM

Anyone interested in more information about that Viper Room group and some of what happened behind the scenes should watch the documentary that Soliel Moon Frye made. She ran in that crowd and carried around a Camcorder all the time, a la Andy Warhol.

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2024 7:44 AM

Christina was administering CPR

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2024 7:56 AM

R7, crack-pcp-reefer?

by Anonymousreply 8April 5, 2024 8:01 AM

As he was dying, she stood over him and sang," If My Friends Could See Me Now."

by Anonymousreply 9April 5, 2024 12:11 PM

Didn’t she pretend to be anti-drug? Just like River?

by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2024 3:16 PM

John Frusciante (guitarist of Red Hot Chili Peppers) gave River the cocktail that killed him and actively prevented anyone from helping him or saving his life. Jonny Depp and a guy from Butthole Surfers are involved in the coverup.

by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2024 3:58 PM

Something sinister about John Frusciante (was in Red Hot Chili Peppers).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2024 5:27 PM

It's reasonably well known that John Frusciante was the person who gave River the lethal cocktail . He apparently dropped Persian Brown Heroin in a drink and River who was very trusting of friends drank it. Only a hardcore heroin addict's system could sustain that hit. River was an on and off recreational drug user and outside of smoking some weed he had been squeaky clean for at least 3 months. When River started shivering and was passing out, Johnny Depp instructed them to take him out of the club, instead of calling for a EMT, Christina Applegate was there that night and witness some of this, including River convulsing on the sidewalk. Not sure what of any additional involvement she may have had.

John Frusciante is a scumbag and so is Johnny Depp.

by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2024 7:40 PM

Anyone have a link to the video of her doing some embarrassingly bad "modern" dance performance of River's death?

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2024 7:52 PM

It was well reported at the time that Applegate was at the Viper Room, and emerged outside just as River collapsed and was seizing on the sidewalk. According to eyewitnesses she had a minor freakout, then was moved away from the scene by friends who were with her.

She may or may not know what happened directly inside the club, more likely she was close to those who were there that night and got later info on what went down.

by Anonymousreply 15April 5, 2024 8:00 PM

Joaquin and Rainbow Phoenix were both there with River and didn’t call for help in time. It’s why Joaquin is so fucked up-he feels guilty. He eventually told 911 his brother had taken Valium. As if he didn’t know he was all fucked up on everything he could get his hands on. I loved River but this was a stupid way to die.

by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2024 8:10 PM

“ the night River Phoenix died that no one knows about”

I think he only died one night, and everyone knows about it.

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2024 8:14 PM

R16 Joaquin was just a teen, and he didn't know what River took, although I'm sure once he began seizing on the floor he had to surmise it had to be a drug of some sort. There was also some ignorance by the Phoenix siblings.

by Anonymousreply 18April 5, 2024 8:20 PM

This is sounding like the 436 people who were supposed to be at the El Coyote with Sharon that night.

by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2024 8:24 PM

Girlfriend's doing all the podcasts.

[quote]Christina Applegate reveals she was anorexic on Married With Children set, wanted 'bones to be sticking out'

[quote]"I just deprived myself of food for years and years and years," Applegate said on the "MeSsy" podcast with Jamie-Lynn Siegler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 14, 2024 4:55 PM

look out

look out

look out

by Anonymousreply 21May 14, 2024 5:02 PM

Interestingly enough, she was behind the Kelly Bundy wardrobe and wanted to look a certain way for the character even when she herself lived and dressed more like a hippie. She totally nailed the MTV video rock chick look. Looking back at Kelly’s wardrobe, she had some really great style… even though it was kind of skanky. lol

by Anonymousreply 22May 14, 2024 5:13 PM

Christina has lived a life not many know about. Her mother tried to get her to bang the sons of the guys she was groupies of - famous rock stars. Christina dated some of the biggest names in Hollywood too. I wish she’d write a memoir. Her life has been a crazy ride. She could really illustrate the 80s as she lived them hard.

by Anonymousreply 23May 14, 2024 5:17 PM

I hope she fucked some of they guys who played her boyfriends in Married with Children, most prominently young Matt.

by Anonymousreply 24May 14, 2024 5:20 PM

Frusciante didn’t drop the speedball in River’s drink. He just offered it to him and River had been clean for a few months so, as often happens with addicts who have been sober for a while, he’d lost his tolerance and that was that. I’m sure everyone in the club and Hollywood in general knew who was responsible but River’s family were big hippies who didn’t believe in incarceration and felt that it was River’s choice to take the drugs so simply chose not to pursue legal action. There isn’t any big conspiracy or secret about it.

by Anonymousreply 25May 14, 2024 5:40 PM

River knew Frusciante was giving him a drink with something in it. He just didn't know what it was, which was allegedly a lethal dose of brown heroin which only hardcore drug addicts can tolerate.

by Anonymousreply 26May 14, 2024 5:51 PM

Since when do you drink a speedball? Heroin is large ineffective when ingested.

by Anonymousreply 27May 14, 2024 6:28 PM

She's the biggest thing that never happened.

Then she died.

by Anonymousreply 28May 14, 2024 9:50 PM

How is Frusciante not in jail? Is he that famous to not be brought up on charges?

by Anonymousreply 29May 14, 2024 9:56 PM

R25 the big secret is that one of the women in the group tried to call in an emergency and John bullied her out of it.

by Anonymousreply 30May 15, 2024 5:29 AM

I knew about Frusciante, but I've also heard a lot of blame placed on Samantha Mathis for Phoenix's death—what was the reason for this? Other than being there the night he died, what did she do wrong?

by Anonymousreply 31May 17, 2024 1:06 AM

R31 She didn’t do anything, people just love to blame the wife/girlfriend of any man for his own mistakes in judgment. They were very much in love and by most accounts he was sober for almost all of the time they were together. His death was obviously a deeply traumatic experience for her and I believe she withdrew a lot from Hollywood as a result.

by Anonymousreply 32May 17, 2024 2:01 AM

Loved her song "Genie in a Bottle."

by Anonymousreply 33May 27, 2024 8:04 AM

WHET Samantha Mathis, anyway? The last thing I can remember seeing her in was a random episode of House like 20 years ago. She was everywhere for a while.

by Anonymousreply 34May 27, 2024 9:34 AM

[quote] Christina Applegate reveals she was anorexic on Married With Children set, wanted 'bones to be sticking out'

The MWC producers threatened to fire her unless she kept herself slender and sexy

by Anonymousreply 35May 27, 2024 10:42 AM

[quote]Anyone have a link to the video of her doing some embarrassingly bad "modern" dance performance of River's death?

No R14 but it's rumored that Leelee Sobieski was there and her having witnessed River's demise planted the seed of what would one day be her epic poem "This Day and All the Rest".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 27, 2024 10:58 AM

LeeLee would have been 10 years old. Was she clubbing like Drew Barrymore at her age? I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 37May 27, 2024 3:34 PM

R34 she’s still around seems to do indie movies and TV (she’s been on Billions and The Strain for awhile). Her mother died a few years after River did and I think both these things probably impacted her career momentum to some degree.

by Anonymousreply 38May 27, 2024 3:51 PM

Thanks, R38. Hers is a memoir I would probably read.

by Anonymousreply 39May 27, 2024 4:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!