Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Apple River Stabbings

I'd like the DL's opinion on this one. Very surprised that the prosecution is going for Murder 1. I don't think they'll get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2024 2:57 PM

Prosecution's opening:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 3, 2024 1:15 AM

Defense's opening:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 3, 2024 1:15 AM

The full video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 3, 2024 1:16 AM

Better call the Apple Dumpling Gang 👶🏼👧🏼🧒

by Anonymousreply 4April 3, 2024 1:31 AM

OP, I don't want to watch a bunch of videos. Can you not sum up the case or link to an article?

by Anonymousreply 5April 3, 2024 1:45 AM

My bad, found the story in OP link. This will be hard to prove. Hope they make lesser charges available for consideration.

by Anonymousreply 6April 3, 2024 1:49 AM

That was hard to watch. What a bunch of assholes those guys are. They are bullying that guy and never stop to help their friend. They should all be ashamed and they should all hit the gym too. Bunch of pussies.

by Anonymousreply 7April 3, 2024 2:11 AM

R7, I watched the prosecutor's opening statement first, and was with him all the way. Then I watched the video and was horrified. They were inciting a mob to beat Miu over false accusations of a heinous crime. "Kids", my ass.

by Anonymousreply 8April 3, 2024 2:45 AM

Okay, here's a breakdown. These kids were assholes, this guy was an asshole too. It's too bad they happened to cross paths and someone had to die. Someone on reddit said:

Many of us who are part of the gay community remember the bad old days when we were entrapped by groups of young men like this and badly hurt & robbed. I think that’s why when I heard they were screaming ‘pedophile! pedophile!’ at Nicolae Miu…that made my blood boil. I remember the kinds of young men who would do things like that & they were never held accountable for their actions. That needs to change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2024 5:26 AM

Every one of the young men who testified said they were "scared". One of them said, "I was a seventeen-year-old kid, so yeah... I was scared." The defense lawyer showed him a portion of the video and said, "Um, you appear to be laughing", and he mumbled something again about being a "kid". I'm surprised the prosecution didn't order all of them to shave their facial hair.

by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2024 1:27 PM

Kids are feral now. The mothers are at work and/or Wine Facebook Moms. The Dads are gamers or gone. These little monsters are raised by iPads. The progressive femmes would have you believe this is all healthy, because discipline is part of the “patriarchy”.

by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2024 2:14 PM

Note to self, Apple River in Illinois is safe!

by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2024 2:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!