Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Florida 6 week abortion ban okayed by courts

Morons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2024 10:35 PM

This is a gift to Democrats you freaking dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2024 6:19 PM

Few women know they are pregnant before weeks 5-6. This is a de facto abortion ban.

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2024 6:24 PM

R1, you retard, women have lost their right to their own bodies. Not everything is about politics. Go hang yourself, shit-for-brains.

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2024 6:24 PM

R1 is the reason we need abortion. His mother should have swallowed.

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2024 6:26 PM

r3 sounds nice.

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2024 6:26 PM

[quote] This is a de facto abortion ban.

Of course it is. This is the goal. Everybody who votes Republican should recognize that this is the goal: no abortion, ever, anywhere, for any reason.

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2024 6:29 PM

But but we don’t care what voters think.

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2024 6:32 PM

Except when they knock up their mistress, r6, or their daughter is impregnated by a Black man.

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2024 6:33 PM

Hopefully, the vote will be during the primaries....watch the home state of Donnie's go BLUE. That would be a perfect ending to this all.

CUT the fucking head off the SNAKE.

by Anonymousreply 9April 2, 2024 6:33 PM

I'm confused- I thought that the Courts just voted that Abortion rights can go on the Ballot this year, so that the Public can decide?

by Anonymousreply 10April 2, 2024 6:34 PM

Both are true, r10.

The court banned it but also allowed the issue of abortion access and recreational marijuana use to be on the November ballot in Florida.

That should drive turnout up.

Batboy maybe given the boot. Glory, Hallelujah!

by Anonymousreply 11April 2, 2024 6:42 PM

Well, to be precise, the court didn't actually ban it. It allowed the legislature to ban it (in effect, with some 6-week bullshit) at its discretion. But it also allowed the people to overrule the legislature through a constitutional amendment, although it seems a little odd that it was only on a 4-3 vote. Consistency would seem to say, leave it up to the voters, either directly or through their legislators, and I'm not sure what the 3 nay votes are saying there. Probably some Christiany nonsense.

But I think we need to be clear. The Courts are not banning abortion. They are leaving it up to legislators to ban it or not, entirely at their discretion. We all need to be aware of that and vote accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 12April 2, 2024 7:18 PM

Good! Dems take Florida in November.

by Anonymousreply 13April 2, 2024 7:20 PM

R3 and whose fault is that? Women who couldn’t bother voting for Hillary because they “didn’t like her.” My sister, who HAD an abortion, said this exact thing.

by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2024 10:34 PM

Blame women: history's most enduring motto.

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2024 10:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!