Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Taylor Swift is a Billionaire

[QUOTE]Swift’s achievement is all the more noteworthy, Forbes says, because last October she accomplished “a feat no other musician had before: she became a billionaire strictly off of earnings from her music and performances.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 20, 2024 4:38 PM

That's more than Trump can honestly say.

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2024 4:25 PM

Tyler Perry was on the list since last year. Why didn’t DL tell me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2024 11:35 PM

There is zero doubt Madonna became a billionaire solely through her earnings in music. Madonna doesn’t disclose her finances and it drives Forbes insane.

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2024 11:37 PM

Release the same album with different covers and slight changes to songs and make a billion! Her fans are young and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 4April 3, 2024 12:09 AM

R4 I’m a fan and I’m neither young nor stupid

by Anonymousreply 5April 3, 2024 12:24 AM

Bullshit, R3.

by Anonymousreply 6April 3, 2024 1:17 AM

Hooray !!!!

- dead souled troglydytes

by Anonymousreply 7April 3, 2024 1:45 AM

A likely thing for a stupid person to say, r5.

by Anonymousreply 8April 3, 2024 1:48 AM

[quote] There is zero doubt Madonna became a billionaire solely through her earnings in music.

Madonna is no where near a billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2024 2:14 AM

At one point Madonna was well over 500 million. And if she has decent bankers she could easily have doubled that with the stock market in the last 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2024 2:20 AM

Uh o get em Tay. Trump is shooketh.

by Anonymousreply 11April 3, 2024 2:24 AM

Taylor Swift needs to come out and endorse Biden in a BIG WAY--and campaign for him. Maybe not right now, but definitely as the election gets closer.

by Anonymousreply 12April 3, 2024 2:35 AM

There is ample time for that, R12. Joe doesn’t need her right now. Joe doesn’t need anyone or anything right now, in fact. The campaign is in cruise control through summer.

But there will come a time when he needs her, and she will be there for him.

by Anonymousreply 13April 3, 2024 2:39 AM

If you don’t think Madonna is a billionaire you’re an idiot. She’s made over a billion in concert sales alone of which she gets 80% of the revenue and 50/50 in merch. Then she’s sold (not streamed) 400 million records.

by Anonymousreply 14April 3, 2024 2:50 AM

Yaaas teacake! Mizz Swift got dem haters straight quaking in theys Crox. And that’s on point blank periodt!

Queen TaySwiff makes Flopyoncé look like a gutter rat.

by Anonymousreply 15April 3, 2024 2:52 AM

A trillion wouldn't mean she isn't a talentless, cunning, boring bitch.

by Anonymousreply 16April 3, 2024 3:06 AM

Don't forget Taylor also put in a lot of hard work dating every second gay guy in Hollywood to keep up the clicks between albums. Credit where credit is due.

by Anonymousreply 17April 3, 2024 3:33 AM

R15 What we not gon do is diss Queen Bey. That’s what we NOT gon do. Try the buffoonery and mockery elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 18April 3, 2024 5:18 AM

I've had enough of this abominable ebonics cosplay.

by Anonymousreply 19April 3, 2024 5:22 AM

[quote] If you don’t think Madonna is a billionaire you’re an idiot. She’s made over a billion in concert sales alone of which she gets 80% of the revenue and 50/50 in merch. Then she’s sold (not streamed) 400 million records.

R14 = Madonna’s black babies she uses for publicity.

by Anonymousreply 20April 3, 2024 5:25 AM

R19 Nah u just mad and lonely. Lonely ho ass heart lookin ass boi.

by Anonymousreply 21April 3, 2024 6:45 AM

I think Taylor's music is boring.

by Anonymousreply 22April 3, 2024 8:34 AM

R20 Please make sense you fucking idiot

by Anonymousreply 23April 3, 2024 10:34 AM

[QUOTE] I think Taylor's music is boring.

Formulaic, R22. But that’s partly what makes her so successful.

by Anonymousreply 24April 3, 2024 11:35 AM

Flopyoncé! 😂

by Anonymousreply 25April 3, 2024 12:05 PM

Well, as billionaires go, I’ll take Swift every time over the ones who are bankrolling pro-Trump propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 26April 3, 2024 12:05 PM

[quote] I’m a fan and I’m neither young nor stupid

The first statement may be true, but the latter does not compute

by Anonymousreply 27April 3, 2024 12:08 PM

She pays her crew so much they have a chance to be millionaires too. I like her

by Anonymousreply 28April 3, 2024 12:14 PM

R11, R15, R18, R21 - Racist Bot

Yawn...

by Anonymousreply 29April 3, 2024 2:47 PM

No surprises with this one. You can already tell she is going to look just the same when she is 70. Same short skirts, same flowing hair with bangs, same red lippy. She'll be hunched over and saggy, but otherwise just the same.

by Anonymousreply 30April 3, 2024 3:02 PM

She'll be a recluse in a remote villa in Switzerland, more like. Never photographed, rarely seen.

by Anonymousreply 31April 3, 2024 3:11 PM

Boring-aire. 🥱

by Anonymousreply 32April 3, 2024 3:25 PM

Yet she still can't afford singing lessons.

by Anonymousreply 33April 3, 2024 3:39 PM

r33 that's what makes this more disgusting. She is a corporation, not an artist. But she is a rich blond woman who sings about rich blond women's issues. They live in a bubble where they don't have to be concerned about the issues of today. She's an indication of how vapid and self-absorbed the world has become. And boy did it open my eyes to the music industry. The fact that they let those multiple album covers be counted is bullshit! And the Grammies just recently ruling that artists can't use money to coerce votes! People say music is dreadful now because there are no great artist. I say it's because the industry shoves the mediocre and generic out to the world and overlooks real talent.

by Anonymousreply 34April 3, 2024 7:35 PM

I gather her two more low-key albums, "Folklore" and "Midnights," showed a slightly more interesting side of her (cynics might disagree), but I'm not part of her target audience, so her music "does not speak to me" (as Sting once said about Bruce Springsteen).

by Anonymousreply 35April 3, 2024 7:45 PM

She only got that rich using the most underhanded practices. Madonna, Janey, didn't do that to make sales. To think she is closing in on having the most sales by a female artist is a shame. Awards, money and honors are all that motivates her. I fucking hate everything she is.

by Anonymousreply 36April 4, 2024 2:08 AM

New York Times: How big is Taylor Swift?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 20, 2024 3:39 PM

I looked at the list. I watch the Law and Order franchise when I think of it but otherwise patronize no one else on the list. I do contribute to the "buy Lauren Sanchez more plastic surgery and whorish clothing fund" care of Jeff Bezos. No Lucas films, no Spielberg films that aren't streaming. Tyler Perry? Surely you jest.

by Anonymousreply 38May 20, 2024 4:25 PM

Madonna may not have, because her biggest earnings were in the 80s and 90s — so we would need to adjust for inflation.

by Anonymousreply 39May 20, 2024 4:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!