Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you think it's OK for a policeman to drink coffee while policing an event?

Becky doesn't and has clearly stated her boundaries.

She's had in excess of 6,000 replies so far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 3, 2024 2:12 AM

[quote] Becky doesn't and has clearly stated her boundaries.

Her name is KAREN.

Not Becky.

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2024 12:19 PM

I’m OK with it. I’d rather have my coppers alert and caffeinated. It’s not like he was chowing down on MacDonalds or something.

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2024 12:24 PM

The Met police are useless. Truly an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2024 12:25 PM

I wonder if ol Becks drinks coffee at work.

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2024 12:26 PM

R2 - I’ve never been to MAC Donald’s is it better than McDonalds ?

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2024 12:31 PM

R4 I wonder if she works at all.

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2024 12:38 PM

I'd rather see them drinking coffee than falling asleep.

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2024 12:44 PM

everyone on earth needs to chill a little

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2024 12:47 PM

Who knows how long he had to stand there. Common decency demands that all workers, police or not, deserve to have a coffee or water, regular breaks, and other basic protections.

by Anonymousreply 9April 2, 2024 12:48 PM

My god. A human being drinking. How utterly disgusting!

by Anonymousreply 10April 2, 2024 12:49 PM

Becky is the dumbest, smelliest cunt that ever lived.

Of course he can drink coffee. Or tea, or water.

by Anonymousreply 11April 2, 2024 12:50 PM

No, no, R9. They are to be treated like the girl with the Minnie Mouse costume that got pushed by a tourist into a fountain and took her head off to survive - FIRED! One must never disturb the dream world that a bitch like this lives in... EVER! The world revolves around her.

by Anonymousreply 12April 2, 2024 12:55 PM

I’d rather have them drinking coffee than looking at their cell phones.

I see that all the time and I think it’s so bad.

by Anonymousreply 13April 2, 2024 1:03 PM

maybe it was an April Fools post.

by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2024 1:06 PM

Cops are professionals?

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2024 1:11 PM

Minnie had a cigarette!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2024 1:22 PM

Yes I have no problem with this

by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2024 1:26 PM

A Becky is a Karen subgroup.

by Anonymousreply 18April 2, 2024 1:29 PM

Without knowing the policy about breaks, I actually do think it's unprofessional.

If you're policing an event, you're supposed to be working and paying attention. You're not really paying that much attention if you're having a cup of coffee and hanging out. You're certainly not scanning the crowds and looking for potential issues like bombs or lunatics with guns - you're not reacting until the nutbag starts firing or the bomb goes off.

The exception I would make is on a hot day and staying hydrated - which coffee doesn't do.

While this person is whining about how it looks, there are some real issues with it.

by Anonymousreply 19April 2, 2024 1:52 PM

He's clearly in England, where it's always cold and rainy. A coffee would be welcome in that atmosphere.

by Anonymousreply 20April 2, 2024 1:53 PM

Maybe he’s on a break.

by Anonymousreply 21April 2, 2024 1:53 PM

Becky has a friend on DL.

by Anonymousreply 22April 2, 2024 1:56 PM

R19, hear me now. I don’t love the police — but I do know about their working hours. Some of them work 12+ hour shifts 4 - 6 days in a row. The grind is real. It is an unbelievably tedious, boring, stressful job.

So, maybe mind your own business????? Workers can hold a fucking drink asshole. Are you also a supporter of charging people for giving water to voters standing in line in the great state of Georgia? Because that’s what you sound like.

What a fucking dick you must be in real life. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 23April 2, 2024 2:07 PM

Becky sounds like an anti-police troll from that link. Whiny cunt.

by Anonymousreply 24April 2, 2024 2:16 PM

[quote]Do you think it's OK for a policeman to drink coffee while policing an event?

Only if it's from a proper china cup with a saucer in hand.

by Anonymousreply 25April 2, 2024 2:18 PM

It's not like he's doing this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 2, 2024 2:24 PM

Maybe he's doing his Jimmy Durante impression.

by Anonymousreply 27April 2, 2024 2:35 PM

If you want to find all the cops

They're hanging out in the donut shop

by Anonymousreply 28April 2, 2024 2:37 PM

So everybody on this thread thinks that "Becky Argyle" is an actual person, rather than a parody account?

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 29April 2, 2024 2:45 PM

[quote][R19], hear me now.

I am woman hear me roar.

Well, smell her. r23 is stating her boundaries and telling us NOW, so she doesn't have to tell us then.

The JOB, at least at an event like that, is public safety. I'm sure every mass shooting in the past couple years was boring and uneventful, you know, until the shooting started. The entire point of having police at an event like that is public safety - which means being alert to potential issues which may arise.

[quote]Are you also a supporter of charging people for giving water to voters standing in line in the great state of Georgia? Because that’s what you sound like.

LOL - What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? This is why they mock us. We have fools and idiots who cannot tell the difference between situations and make hilariously inept leaps in logic.

YOU sound like those unhinged maga idiots who rant about all manner of idiocy without a shred of proof or logic.

by Anonymousreply 30April 2, 2024 2:48 PM

Isn't there an English man waving a St. George flag that this bloke should be arresting instead of sipping on a coffee?

by Anonymousreply 31April 2, 2024 2:57 PM

R30 is the dumbest person to ever live.

by Anonymousreply 32April 2, 2024 3:02 PM

r16, that's a different event. This other was like 20 years ago. But that's hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 33April 2, 2024 3:09 PM

R19 Hi Becky.

by Anonymousreply 34April 2, 2024 3:14 PM

If this is the biggest problem in Becky's life then she is one lucky twat.

by Anonymousreply 35April 2, 2024 3:32 PM

Everybody knows how, when, and to what degree policing should be done and cannot believe that making those decisions is actually left to a police officer.

by Anonymousreply 36April 2, 2024 3:36 PM

Shouldn't he be out arresting misgenderers who are committing literal violence against the invisible trans community?

by Anonymousreply 37April 2, 2024 4:33 PM

I have no problem with a police officer having coffee on duty. What is wrong with that? My father owned a restaurant in Manhattan and I remember he would never charge cops for their coffee if they were a paying customer. The cup of coffee was always free.

by Anonymousreply 38April 2, 2024 4:36 PM

Fuck Dat Bitch!! Fucking council estate slag!! If the policeman wants to drink coffee, let him drink coffee!!

Where are the "HOTT CHAV TRADIE GUYS"!!

by Anonymousreply 39April 2, 2024 4:37 PM

You are indeed hilarious r30. Yes, breathe in my scent deeply, fill your lungs with the musky odor of my twat. And then when you’re done, please keep policing other citizens use of coffee, it is vital to our democracy.

by Anonymousreply 40April 2, 2024 6:52 PM

I prefer drinking coffee to shooting arrestees.

by Anonymousreply 41April 2, 2024 7:03 PM

He’s being disciplined:

“Hi Backy. Thanks for highlighting this, we will find the officer responsible and make sure that they are disciplined”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 2, 2024 7:03 PM

“ @Sandford_Police @ArgyleBecky I hope this is an April Fool otherwise I think it’s pretty sad an officer can’t have a drink whilst on a 12 hour shift. Blooming jobsworths & you wonder why no one wants to join?”

Their response:

“ We never joke about discipline matters R Tace”

by Anonymousreply 43April 2, 2024 7:04 PM

She should take that whilst and shove it up her front hole. Putrid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 44April 2, 2024 7:04 PM

Mother loves r30

by Anonymousreply 45April 2, 2024 7:05 PM

She’s in Scotland, a woke shithole.

by Anonymousreply 46April 2, 2024 7:06 PM

I think it's an April fools' joke by Backy.

by Anonymousreply 47April 2, 2024 7:08 PM

The Sanford Police twitter responding to Becky is a joke/parody.

[quote] England’s smallest Police Farce, committed to catching crinimals & a swan. Don’t report crime. Emergency? Yes📞999 | No📞101 (PARODY/SATIRE)

by Anonymousreply 48April 2, 2024 7:11 PM

I thought British people only drank tea.

by Anonymousreply 49April 2, 2024 7:47 PM

R49 Coffee is very popular now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 2, 2024 7:59 PM

It’s not like he’s nursing an iced latte.

Assuming Becky has ever had a job, did she abstain from drinking coffee, tea, juice, water while at work?

by Anonymousreply 51April 2, 2024 8:14 PM

Becky can't go 20 minutes without a Mars Bar.

by Anonymousreply 52April 2, 2024 9:31 PM

R49 I think tea is more a 'home' drink here. I'll get a coffee if I'm out, because cafes generally make it better than I would at home, but I don't feel like paying for a cup of tea when I'm out because they'll make it with the same water and teabags that I've got at home, while I pay £3 for the privilege. Sod that.

by Anonymousreply 53April 2, 2024 9:56 PM

I hate people who say “a coffee”. It’s “coffee”, idiots.

by Anonymousreply 54April 3, 2024 2:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!