Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Roman emperors

Which one is your favorite? Mine is hot daddy Hadrian.

by Anonymousreply 31April 10, 2024 7:32 AM

Here is link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2024 12:11 PM

Irene, for the sheer viciousness.

Also Julian, for reasons well known to all you Christian whores. If only he hadn't died after less than two years on the throne in that needless campaign to conquer Ctesiphon, there's a chance – albeit a very small one – the Christian cancer could have been stamped out while there was still time.

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2024 12:25 PM

Last one in the pool gets Vespasian.

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2024 12:26 PM

Claudius. As in I Claudius.

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2024 12:29 PM

Caligula and Nero.

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2024 1:06 PM

Julian, for the reasons r2 mention re christianity (though if he had been successful a lot of farm animals would probably be extinct).

Nero, Caligula and Heliogabalus for entertainment vale.

Have also a soft spot for sulky Domitian.

by Anonymousreply 6April 3, 2024 12:13 PM

Clau, Clau, Claudius.

by Anonymousreply 7April 3, 2024 12:17 PM

Marcus Aurelius

by Anonymousreply 8April 3, 2024 12:22 PM

The hung one.

by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2024 12:25 PM

Elegabalus

by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2024 12:26 PM

Four hundred years of uncut salami?

You keep it.

by Anonymousreply 11April 3, 2024 12:31 PM

Lucius Verus

Trebonianus Gallus

Aemilianus

Aurelian

Carinus

Maxentius

If I had to pick one probably Aemilianus because even his coin is flattering and who knows how accurate any of these are.

by Anonymousreply 12April 3, 2024 12:49 PM

Of course he wasn't my favorite as a leader, only for a romp.

Aurelian unified the empire, so there's that.l

by Anonymousreply 13April 3, 2024 12:52 PM

Hadrian was a hot gay bear

by Anonymousreply 14April 3, 2024 1:13 PM

R2 in that reality we would be left with an even worse attentive dominating the world, Islam.

by Anonymousreply 15April 3, 2024 2:18 PM

[quote] in that reality we would be left with an even worse attentive dominating the world, Islam.

Sez who? Julian the Apostate rejected Christianity precisely because it proclaims itself as the only true religion. It got the fanatic ball rolling. Julian knew this attitude was dangerous, intolerant and unreasonable.

On the other hand he admitted that a reinvigorated paganism should help all people, not just their own tribes, like the practice of the 'impious Galileans' (Christians)

by Anonymousreply 16April 3, 2024 2:34 PM

I do not know any personally. They’re quite a bit older than me

by Anonymousreply 17April 3, 2024 2:41 PM

Commodus threw a hot fuck. But he was insane. It often goes together.

by Anonymousreply 18April 3, 2024 2:45 PM

I watched Rise of a Dictator on PBS last night. Wikipedia has Pompey’s nude bronze, which is pretty unnerving.

by Anonymousreply 19April 3, 2024 3:03 PM

r16 says history. Christians had to fight like mad to keep the Muslims from taking over. Since Paganism was so easily toppled over, if Islam were spread it would have captured the hearts of the land just as easily as Christianity. Get the right leaders onboard and everything would different. Maybe Muslims would have mellowed out, as Christians did in the West, but I'm not convinced.

by Anonymousreply 20April 4, 2024 2:47 AM

Always makes me chuckle, thinking about Hadrian's blanket ban on circumcision. A true visionary who did not give a fuck. Genital mutilation for the purposes of tradition has no place in the modern world and there will come a time in the (distant) future when he will be lauded for this.

by Anonymousreply 21April 4, 2024 4:30 AM

They were all imps!

by Anonymousreply 22April 4, 2024 1:39 PM

They were all instigators!

by Anonymousreply 23April 4, 2024 6:08 PM

Poopy anus? Erna, you're on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 8, 2024 9:01 PM

Hadrian was one of us too...

by Anonymousreply 25April 8, 2024 9:19 PM

Most of the, were, r25, they were emperors so they could docwhat they wanted. Also, no Christians until later…

by Anonymousreply 26April 8, 2024 10:11 PM

Facial reconstructions of Roman Emperors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 8, 2024 10:23 PM

r21 is a fucking freak

by Anonymousreply 28April 8, 2024 10:26 PM

Elagabalus! Who “abandoned himself to the grossest pleasures with ungoverned fury".

by Anonymousreply 29April 9, 2024 12:04 AM

R26, A lot Roman Emperors had sex with men. That was the norm actually, because there was no such thing as homosexuality in their thinking. But it wasn't as common for them to choose a male partner as their main life partner, even if they had to get married and have children, like Hadiran did. Hadrian's, lover, husband was Antinous. He wasn't just a sexual outlet, Hadrian was madly in love with him and mourned his death when he tragically drowned, by making him a god for people to worship, naming a city in Egypt after him and creating countless statues to him and his beauty. That is what I mean that he was one of us. He was gay in the sense that he was romantically attracted to other men.

by Anonymousreply 30April 10, 2024 7:24 AM

He was gay, gay, gay!

by Anonymousreply 31April 10, 2024 7:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!