Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What Is Your Backup Singer Song?

I want to start this thread because of something I posted on the “What Do You Miss About The 70s” thread.

I said the 1970s were great for young gayboys because the music had a lot of swishy backup singing. Convoy was one of my favorite songs to sing backup on and pretend I was a white Supreme. Convoy was good because the backup singers and I pretty much carry the song.

What songs do you choose to sing backup on?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 1, 2024 11:54 PM

It doesn’t technically count, but with the backtracks, it kinda counts:

Wichita Lineman.

Still one of my “need to cry” songs.

by Anonymousreply 1April 1, 2024 11:31 PM

I was never the Flo, Mary or Cindy.

by Anonymousreply 2April 1, 2024 11:33 PM

Midnight Train to Georgia—Woo Woo!

by Anonymousreply 3April 1, 2024 11:34 PM

Omg, I listened and loved *Convoy* because my dad loved it. He also loved * Take this job and Shove it* 🤣🤣my dad was a character.

by Anonymousreply 4April 1, 2024 11:41 PM

[quote]Midnight Train to Georgia—Woo Woo!

Excellent choice.

World, world, it’s his, his and hers alone

by Anonymousreply 5April 1, 2024 11:42 PM

[quote]I listened and loved *Convoy* because my dad loved it.

For such a macho song, those backup vocals are rather campy.

by Anonymousreply 6April 1, 2024 11:44 PM

And now, Ladies and Gentlemen, based on a post I posted, and new thread on something I posted. Dig the redneck trucker diva act!

by Anonymousreply 7April 1, 2024 11:46 PM

I'd like to be a Vandella on this song. Great dance moves in place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 1, 2024 11:46 PM

Anything with the Andantes singing backup - Love Child by the Supremes, I'm Livin in Shame and so many others.

by Anonymousreply 9April 1, 2024 11:48 PM

The other thing about backup on Midnight Train to Georgia is the backup singers are a bit bitchy. The Pips probably toned it down, but can’t you see Mary and Flo singing “I know you will” and Diana giving them the side eye.

by Anonymousreply 10April 1, 2024 11:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!