Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Crime is on the rise everywhere!

You can post all the articles you want, but here's the truth, crime is rising where I live. I never used to know anyone who had their cars broken into, or their cars stolen. But now, we have to lock our cars - and we live out in the country. People come up to our homes, that are on 2 or more acres and either break into our vehicles/homes or steal our cars.

This NEVER used to happen 10 years ago. Now it happens every week. My Aunt is a teacher and the violence in school has skyrocketed in the past 10 years. She says it is unbelievable. The amount of violence towards teachers is sickening.

Crime has increased, but they're calculating it differently. There is an agenda to calculate it differently. I live outside of Atlanta and every week they find someone dead in their cars on the sides of the interstates. It's part of gang initiation or gang related. The police says gangs are out of control. The police say crime is increasing.

So post all those stupid articles, but I know what I and what everyone else I know has experienced in the past few years. We don't have an agenda. We just don't want t be crime victims anymore. We want to be safe when we leave our homes. I lived in NYC for most of my life and Atlanta reminds me of living in NYC. You can't even leave a nickel in your car, or some drug addict will smash the window to get the nickel. People don't even call the police anymore on most crime.

Do you know that many police officers don't even arrest people for hit and run accidents anymore? They don't. On the west coast, most police departments don't even respond to car accidents unless someone has been injured. That's a FACT. I know this because I work for an insurance company and I see these claims. I also see property claims where the police departments don't respond to home break ins anymore. They tell the people to come by the police departmentile a report and the police will give them a form to give to the insurance company. Most of those don't get counted in the crime statistics.

It's a FACT that drug addiction has skyrocketed. And it's a FACT that drug addiction leads to crime. So, yes crime has gone up. But a large majority of crimes are not included in the crime statistics and also because many judges are basically legalizing crime from the bench. They drop a lot of the charges if the people go to rehab. Those crimes still happened, but they're not counted in the crime statistics.

A friend's daughter was molested by an illegal alien and he wouldn't take a plea deal, so they're releasing him to Immigration and Custom's inforcement. So his crime isn't part of the statistics. And of course, there's a hold on deportations. Even if they do deport him, he'll just come back. No one is going to stop him coming into the country.

by Anonymousreply 36April 1, 2024 11:10 PM

OP sez, "Crime is on the rise everywhere!" and "here's the truth, crime is rising where I live."

Here's the truth, hon: you don't live everywhere. You live in Atlanta, where things are rough.

Violent crime is down nationwide, thus falling rather than rising. Property crime is rising in some places, but not everywhere.

They're not calculating it differently, nor is there an agenda. You moved somewhere that has a lot more crime than other places.

by Anonymousreply 1April 1, 2024 5:57 PM

I would never live in Atlanta or its environs. I’ve seen how the city doesn’t care about crime or try to stop it.

by Anonymousreply 2April 1, 2024 6:05 PM

I don't usually buy into the foreign agents posting content to disrupt and erode confidence in western societies, but doesn't this not terribly well written, rather lengthy post have kind of a foreign agents posting content to disrupt and erode confidence in western societies vibe?

Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 3April 1, 2024 6:08 PM

One thing that is always in great supply on DL is paranoia.

by Anonymousreply 4April 1, 2024 6:12 PM

R3. You nailed it!

by Anonymousreply 5April 1, 2024 6:14 PM

This has to be a parody of Dee Plorable.

by Anonymousreply 6April 1, 2024 6:14 PM

R3 is liar! Make very untruth statments. He make lies about mine. No don’t trusts him.

by Anonymousreply 7April 1, 2024 6:15 PM

How long have you lived out in the country, OP?

And which state?

by Anonymousreply 8April 1, 2024 6:17 PM

OP is full of shit. If they live outside of Atlanta, I doubt cars weren't being stolen 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 9April 1, 2024 6:18 PM

It depends on what crime you are talking about. While violent crime in general is down in the US, transit crime and hate crime are up, and the rate of black victims of violent crime is up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 1, 2024 6:27 PM

[quote] and we live out in the country.

And that qualifies you to say crime is rising everywhere?

by Anonymousreply 11April 1, 2024 6:33 PM

We just had a hit and run arrest today.

by Anonymousreply 12April 1, 2024 6:34 PM

Indeed, OP: Trump isn't in jail yet.

by Anonymousreply 13April 1, 2024 6:58 PM

Just to be kind, I’ll humor the OP and assume it isn’t a troll.

Here’s what I think. Crime has changed, a lot. Addiction and mental illness has increased. Homelessness has increased. Migration has increased. So those things anee rising, while we simultaneously eliminated public social safety nets. We’ve also matured in our understanding of poverty — we know now that it is an extremely complex issue to solve. We know too that America has refused to deal with racial reconciliation.

OP, I work in criminal justice. It is a broken system, and I might add, it’s two systems, one for the rich, the other for the rest of us. Advocates are trying to protect poor people, and while their efforts are often misguided and can result in undesired outcomes, I am glad we are doing things like getting rid of cash bail because I see people every day who have a bond of $500 that keeps them locked up in *inhumane* conditions — that’s how poor they are. We need to stop throwing people away.

OP, you didn’t seem to offer any solutions, you just want to rant. Okay? But if you expect all of us to jump on the complain train with you, it’s not going to happen honey. If you believe Atlanta sucks, then maybe you should leave? You have choices.

by Anonymousreply 14April 1, 2024 7:06 PM

Op, it's quitting time in Moscow, here's your potato and vodka... GO HOME 🤨

by Anonymousreply 15April 1, 2024 7:09 PM

Op is also r10 on this thread…..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 1, 2024 7:10 PM

Gotta give 'em credit, R14 - they don't give up, even when they've been shown they're wrong and try to sneak back into the discussion.

But still fulla shit.

by Anonymousreply 17April 1, 2024 7:12 PM

JFC, I forgot to add this…..though crime seems to go up, I think the bigger problem is law enforcement. The cops are in a “silent strike” to hurt Biden, THAT is a fact too OP. Deal with the racist pigs.

by Anonymousreply 18April 1, 2024 7:12 PM

Where I live I haven't noticed crime rising. I did learn that Fentanyl is 5 dollars a hit. The cheap hotel down the road is 100 dollars a night. Rent is 700 to 3000 dollars a month for a one bedroom apartment. I can't stand looser druggies but also greed has caused a lot of ills. There used to be social housing around the city and resident hotels. These options got removed and the area was gentrified in the 2000's. A safety net was available at one time. There used to be a place for many of the working poor and the socially dysfunctional. Now it's all about somebodies money and how much they are going to make. There is blame to go around here. Could these things be related.

by Anonymousreply 19April 1, 2024 7:26 PM

Op, move here...

"Alaska has the highest violent crime rate in the United States, with 885 incidents per 100,000 residents. New Mexico has the second-highest violent crime rate in the United States, with 857 incidents per 100,000 residents. Louisiana has the highest murder rate in the United States, with 14.4 murders per 100,000 people"

by Anonymousreply 20April 1, 2024 7:41 PM

Comparing the crime incidents in a particular neighborhood to the crime rate of a whole state would be a good example of apples and oranges,

by Anonymousreply 21April 1, 2024 8:04 PM

[quote] But now, we have to lock our cars - and we live out in the country. People come up to our homes, that are on 2 or more acres and either break into our vehicles

Stop locking your car and people won’t break into it. I’m so sick of seeing on Next Door, “Someone broke into my car…they only stole some change”……bitch if you left your door open you wouldn’t have to repair the window someone broke for a $2.15 haul.

by Anonymousreply 22April 1, 2024 8:16 PM

I had my car broken into multiple times and had my car stolen when I lived in NYC in 1980s and early 1990s. Tier was a rash of burglaries in my building - luckily not my apartment but neighbors were robbed. One lady had a guy suddenly appear in her living room when she came out of the bathroom. She’d left the window open a crack. She was on top floor with a balcony. Guy lowered himself from the roof onto her balcony, opened the window all the way and jumped inside.

My husband was punched in the face, I knew numerous people who were mugged/robbed. A homeless guy broke into our building’s vestibule and passed out on the floor. We had to step over him to go to work. I watched people steal cars out my window.

And you know what cops did? Not a damn thing. There were no mobile phones then and people didn’t carry video cameras with them everywhere they went.

Crime is lower now in NYC than it was in those days, but the Rupert Murdoch NY Post will make you think the browns are coming for you.

by Anonymousreply 23April 1, 2024 8:25 PM

Does the local rise in crime seem to follow you around to wherever you happen to move?

Totally unrelated: Would you please supply your fingerprints to the local police?

by Anonymousreply 24April 1, 2024 8:33 PM

[quote] "Crime is on the rise everywhere!" and "here's the truth, crime is rising where I live."

OP, did you post this while wearing a house dress?

by Anonymousreply 25April 1, 2024 8:36 PM

[quote] The cops are in a “silent strike” to hurt Biden, THAT is a fact too OP.

Sure, Jan. Maybe take it up with all the regressive DAs who won’t prosecute.

by Anonymousreply 26April 1, 2024 8:37 PM

Another stealth Trumptard. Quelle surprise.

by Anonymousreply 27April 1, 2024 8:41 PM

Once you've fucked your record up with DUIs, domestic violence, bankruptcies, etc., OP the only only thing to do is keep doing crime.

Now that crimetracking has become so sophisticated, they're going to need to build more prisons.

by Anonymousreply 28April 1, 2024 8:46 PM

OP knows the FACTS. He works in insurance and has the receipts. His neighbor’s daughter was molested by an illegal immigrant! His Aunt also has stories to tell! His car needs locking these days!

I’m convinced. This is not an EST. This is the truth.

by Anonymousreply 29April 1, 2024 8:49 PM

Oh my God. Yes crime was much worse in the past in NYC than it is now. But some types of crime have increased since Covid. Why not acknowledge reality instead of being defensive. It just makes people feel Dems don’t care about legitimate issues. This is the same bs that cost the Dems 4 crucial NY seats in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 30April 1, 2024 9:07 PM

"Many people are saying...."

by Anonymousreply 31April 1, 2024 9:26 PM

You think it's bad there OP, come to Shreveport, where you may get caught in crossfire and die, no one thinks about it anymore. Children get shot through the wall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 1, 2024 10:12 PM

The real crime is OP’s shitty trolling.

by Anonymousreply 33April 1, 2024 10:20 PM

Even dogs are breaking into cars now, it’s insane!

by Anonymousreply 34April 1, 2024 10:54 PM

OP sounds like my neighbors here in red. Their husbands have actually gone on FB trying to rustle up the men to drive the homeless out, of which we have few.

by Anonymousreply 35April 1, 2024 11:08 PM

I wonder if we'll being hearing about this hellish crime wave after the election is over.

by Anonymousreply 36April 1, 2024 11:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!