Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Movies in which Tom Hiddleston is kinda sexy.

Can be counted on one hand? One finger? No fingers?

He doesn't have many macho expressions and those he does could be confused with constipation.

Still, in Kong Skull Island, he's kinda sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 1, 2024 10:13 PM

He had a very brief moment of hotness, but things went downhill so quickly.

He was at his hottest in The Night Manager.

by Anonymousreply 1April 1, 2024 5:21 PM

He's got a nice body, or had one, at least.

I am curious how long it will be before he attends to the receding hairline.

by Anonymousreply 2April 1, 2024 5:34 PM

Kinda? Some of you have some impossible standards

by Anonymousreply 3April 1, 2024 5:39 PM

Crimson Peak

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 1, 2024 5:39 PM

The Night Manager, for sure.

That television series on AMC really caught my attention. He was very sexy there.

Also, his performance as Loki in Thor. There was a soft-spoken quietness to his character, that I very much liked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 1, 2024 5:53 PM

Again, the only time he's been hot was The Night Manager, and it's hard to figure out why that is: the clothes? The action? The role? Whatever it was, he was believable as a tough handsome stud. He never comes across that anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 6April 1, 2024 5:56 PM

The Night Manager made me think that Tom Hiddleston could easily have played James Bond.

They still haven't hired a new Bond, so it's not out of the question.

I don't understand why his name isn't being considered for the role.

His looks would be in perfect continuity with that of Daniel Craig, except a younger version.

It sucks that everything has to be so Woke, that a white guy can't be considered any more for a role that was typically played by white men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 1, 2024 5:56 PM

The Night Manager season 2 I look forward to seeing it. Another reason to keep on living.

by Anonymousreply 8April 1, 2024 5:58 PM

R6 I think it's because Tom's performance was very subdued.

He wasn't trying so hard to be something he's not. In fact, I'd say that role was so perfect for him, that he could actually be a Night Manager in real life. It was just such a good fit.

In addition to that, he has classic good looks, and a very elegant bearing.

Tom is kind of a priss, which played well in this role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 1, 2024 6:02 PM

He looks pretty good here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 1, 2024 6:08 PM

I agree 'The Night Manager" is the only role he's played where he's butch-hot. But he's still sexy in his early appearances as Loki, for which he was pretty much perfectly cast.

His problem as a performer is that he's just played Loki far too many times. I think this is a problem with several of the MCU actors, but in some cases you wonder what else they could possibly do if not play Captain America or Thor or Starlord because they have such limited ranges. But Hiddleston could do a lot of things if his schedule were more free.

There's an annoying British DLer who always likes to say serious British actors don't care about big paychecks but about showing lots of range, and that's true as far as it goes for most of them. But both Hiddleston and Ewan Mcgregor are two British actors who are exceptions to that rule: they cashed out with long ongoing franchises relatively early in their acting careers. I am glad Mcgregor is finally done with Star wars and is doing things like "Halston" that challenge him more, and I hope Hiddletson will stop playing Loki and do more more interesting things. He's a first-rate actor and deserves better than playing a supervillain every year.

by Anonymousreply 11April 1, 2024 7:11 PM

[quote] It sucks that everything has to be so Woke, that a white guy can't be considered any more for a role that was typically played by white men.

R7 That assertion has absolutely nothing to do with actual wokeness. The fact that a white guy (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) IS being considered for the role yet that is ignored by you in favor of the racist “replacement theory”, is very telling. Small-minded racists have co-opted “woke” to mean the unwanted intrusion of blacks and other undesirables into spaces expected to be white and straight.

If you have a negative reaction to something you’ve deemed “woke”, that’s your own racism at work. Meaning it’s your problem, so who cares? You could look up what the original idea of wokeness was really about if you weren’t so far up your own ass.

by Anonymousreply 12April 1, 2024 7:17 PM

High Rise is a strange little movie.

And yes, he's pretty sexy in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 1, 2024 7:23 PM

The Only Lovers Left Alive. I haven't watched Night Manager, though, but I loved him as that vampire.

by Anonymousreply 14April 1, 2024 7:29 PM

He's played Loki is seven movies and multiple TV shows.

by Anonymousreply 15April 1, 2024 7:35 PM

There’s something very appealing about him.

by Anonymousreply 16April 1, 2024 7:42 PM

Tom champions more male nudity in films. I agree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 1, 2024 8:51 PM

Is Tom still "dating" that woman?

I'm surprised he has taken that charade so far.

Most closeted gay men just give up the act, and stop pretending that they actually want to date a woman.

by Anonymousreply 18April 1, 2024 9:42 PM

R18 I believe they have a kid, yes.

by Anonymousreply 19April 1, 2024 9:48 PM

Tom Hiddleston reminds me of Fraser Olender from Below Deck.

They have similar looks and mannerisms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 1, 2024 10:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!