Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How did your ancestors celebrate Trans Day of Visibility?

My mom said Trans Day of Visibility has always been a very special occasion in our family for generations. Usually the day would begin with a group glam session, then brunch and lots of cocktails, then to the pharmacy to pick up hormones for everyone, then on to the library for Drag Queen Story Time, they’d bring a flask. After story time, everyone would go to hospital for mastectomies and genital surgeries. After being dismissed from the hospital, they would all go out to the local Queer bars and dance all night, while enjoying cocktails and recreational drugs. This picture is my Great-Uncle and my Grandfather on Trans Day of Visibility 1948.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 2, 2024 10:37 PM

Boris!

by Anonymousreply 1March 31, 2024 7:50 PM

You're trying too hard, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2March 31, 2024 7:58 PM

Svetlana! How are you bitch!?

by Anonymousreply 3March 31, 2024 7:59 PM

My family has always been very traditional. We just sacrifice a goat. But we did once have some neighbors who...

by Anonymousreply 4March 31, 2024 8:03 PM

Rack of Lamb with Pinot Noir Demi-Glace

Dauphinoise Potatoes

Asparagus

No Dessert

by Anonymousreply 5March 31, 2024 8:09 PM

Earrings.

Caftans.

by Anonymousreply 6March 31, 2024 8:10 PM

In my family we always enjoyed the pushing a Russian off the roof and all the gaiety and excitement surrounding that event, Great memories 🤗

by Anonymousreply 7March 31, 2024 8:17 PM

Oh yeah, mine too, R7.

Pushing a Russian off the roof!

Buona Pasqua!

by Anonymousreply 8March 31, 2024 8:25 PM

Thread deleted in 3.... 2....

by Anonymousreply 9March 31, 2024 8:26 PM

we all declared ourselves WOMEN for the day.

by Anonymousreply 10March 31, 2024 8:33 PM

We celebrated our Two-Spirit Community by placing plates and bowls of our harvest on the altars of our departed berdaches and reciting prayers for their souls.

by Anonymousreply 11March 31, 2024 8:34 PM

Everyone gets a plate at dinner with a single carrot on it and one steak knife. We cut the carrot off near the top and then the plates are removed and then we’re served the food that we actually eat.

After dinner we would take a brick and we go on a walk and then throw it at a random car’s driver’s side window and run away.

Nowadays we just do the carrot thing because lugging a brick around is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 12March 31, 2024 8:45 PM

What day of the year are they NOT fucking visible?

by Anonymousreply 13March 31, 2024 8:54 PM

Beau has a good take on the day's festivities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 31, 2024 8:56 PM

Now, OP, you know better than to post something like this on DL of all places. Stop instigating shit.

by Anonymousreply 15March 31, 2024 9:03 PM

OP 👍

by Anonymousreply 17April 1, 2024 9:42 AM

^ Dickhead Russian troll

by Anonymousreply 18April 1, 2024 9:55 AM

I put the lotion on the skin so I didn’t get the hose again

by Anonymousreply 19April 1, 2024 10:02 AM

Biden and the democrats must desperately want to lose if they pulled that stunt yesterday. Everyone mentioned it at Easter dinner.

by Anonymousreply 20April 1, 2024 11:17 AM

I farted in a tranny's direction.

by Anonymousreply 21April 1, 2024 11:21 AM

^ Yeah? Well only MAGAts mentioned it at dinner and you guys would vote for Hitler

by Anonymousreply 22April 1, 2024 11:22 AM

No trannies would celebrate Hitler they hate women and gays so much. When do they start forcing gay men to wear pink stars and sending them to concentration camps?

And their God is Goebels mutilating children and forcing hormones on them they shouldn't be taking. The Madness of Joseph Biden. Who will play him in the movie? They'll have to exhume the body of a dead actor and move him around like a puppet.

Now the trans women will be on chairs shrieking Magats! Magats! Lift up your skirts girls while shrieking it is so much more effective.

by Anonymousreply 23April 1, 2024 11:35 AM

OP don't let the trans sickos scare you off. They get off on trying to convince gay boys they are really women. They're trapped! Trapped! In the wrong body!

by Anonymousreply 24April 1, 2024 11:38 AM

So, according to the posters on this thread, Trans Day of Visibility is a huge celebration all over the world, and especially in the US, but only Russia doesn't celebrate it?

by Anonymousreply 25April 1, 2024 11:39 AM

Yeah Boris, Natasha, Anton, Leo, Fyodor, Ninotchka they are all anti trans, the godless commies.

by Anonymousreply 26April 1, 2024 12:15 PM

And don't forget Hot to Trotsky!

by Anonymousreply 27April 1, 2024 12:19 PM

JK Rowling observed it following her own traditional stance.

JK Rowling has launched an attack on Scotland’s new hate crime laws as she insisted she looks forward “to being arrested” if her remarks fall foul of the legislation.

Writing on social media, the author said: “Freedom of speech and belief are at an end in Scotland if the accurate description of biological sex is deemed criminal.

She added: "In passing the Scottish Hate Crime Act, Scottish lawmakers seem to have placed higher value on the feelings of men performing their idea of femaleness, however misogynistically or opportunistically, than on the rights and freedoms of actual women and girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 1, 2024 12:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 1, 2024 12:23 PM

I support trans people until their interests/rights conflict with the interests/rights of biological women, which in fact isn't very often. But on the occasions it happens, biological women/girls have to prevail.

by Anonymousreply 30April 1, 2024 12:40 PM

R28, Rowling's comments are nothing to do with the fake "Trans Day of Visibility". They're in response to the insane, totalitarian "hate crimes" law that has come into force in Scotland today, appositely April Fool's Day, whereby "misgendering" (i.e. correctly gendering) may be deemed a crime and investigated by the police. For some reason, misogyny is not covered by this new law, though.

by Anonymousreply 31April 1, 2024 5:39 PM

When I was a kid we would roast hot dogs but we’d call them “clams.” So they were clams.

by Anonymousreply 32April 1, 2024 9:58 PM

On Fox’s Special Report, Bret Baier brought this up, referring to the saluted group as “transvestites.” He later apologized for a “slip of the tongue.”

by Anonymousreply 33April 1, 2024 11:12 PM

'JK Rowling could be investigated by police for misgendering trans people, SNP minister says'

So I want to tell that poster who said it only affects 0.05% of the population again you're a fucking moron who doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

I know I know 'eat shit.' And you can't eat you know what.

by Anonymousreply 34April 1, 2024 11:54 PM

Lol at Muriel deleting the thread about Rowling and the new Scottish supposed "hate crimes" law. Just proves Rowling's point.

by Anonymousreply 35April 2, 2024 5:55 PM

R35 Murmur has a very specific agenda.

by Anonymousreply 36April 2, 2024 9:15 PM

This is really good from NOW:

"Repeat after us: Weaponizing womenhood against other women is white supremacist patriarchy at work," the post from NOW said. "Making people believe there isn't enough space for trans women in sports is white supremacist patriarchy at work."

So all you white men are pitting women against women. You goddamn patriarchal supremacists. Cut it out!

by Anonymousreply 37April 2, 2024 10:29 PM

So NOW's doing to women what HRC and GLAAD did to us?

by Anonymousreply 38April 2, 2024 10:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!