Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Beyoncé is simply the truth in Alyah boots

This track right here. She snapped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 3, 2024 10:47 PM

She’s over. Done. The moment has passed.

by Anonymousreply 1March 31, 2024 5:57 PM

Ouch! My ears!

by Anonymousreply 2March 31, 2024 5:58 PM

Fucking hell, STOP THE MADNESS.

by Anonymousreply 3March 31, 2024 5:58 PM

song is just a bunch of annoying gimmicks. i bet we'll see it in a dance scene for an animated movie about talking animals or something.

by Anonymousreply 4March 31, 2024 6:07 PM

I love Beyonce, but this Cowboy Carter album just isn't it.

by Anonymousreply 5March 31, 2024 6:10 PM

What I love is this sense of Americana she has been imploring in her music. It all started with Lemonade. The lyrics here are really well done and catchy. And her vocals are so fkin fierce. She is the only person who can belt out like rap cadence lines. And then hold a note afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 6March 31, 2024 6:15 PM

The first three commenters on this thread are big fans of Celine Dion and Michael Bolton. In fact, it’s all they listen to. 😂

by Anonymousreply 7March 31, 2024 6:16 PM

When I read it sampled 2 classics I hoped for better than this. What's with the screaming and swearing? Basic lyrics that ring hollow from someone as loaded as her.

And I hate when anyone sings their own name in a song.

by Anonymousreply 8March 31, 2024 6:29 PM

The non-stop swearing in country music is what throws me.

by Anonymousreply 9March 31, 2024 6:44 PM

I really like this. I’m not a Beyoncé Stan but she puts out some good music

by Anonymousreply 10March 31, 2024 6:51 PM

R8 I do think it's so silly Beyonce sings about the "working man". Utterly ridiculous.

However, I have to give it to her. This song is really interesting and totally works for me. It's sonically all over the place, but actually tells a great story.

I now like three songs from the album: Ya Ya, The Miley song and the one other that I'm forgetting.

by Anonymousreply 11March 31, 2024 6:52 PM

What I’ve noticed is that all her songs are about her: I’m this I’m that I’m a queen…

by Anonymousreply 12March 31, 2024 11:06 PM

I just can’t get over how dope this track is. I hate her cover of Jolen. It completely has no emotion which the Queen has demonstrated on many stripped down ballads before. Her turning it into “I’m a bad bitch, try me if you dare” ruins the core essence of the song

by Anonymousreply 13April 1, 2024 11:58 PM

R11 You know rich pop stars are stuck in conundrum. Dam if they don’t dam if they do. If they don’t it’s ultra materialism of their world” if they do “it’s faking the funk how can they talk from anyone’s else perspective but a rich celeb”. Since when does music HAVE TO BE autobiographical. Who made that rule. It’s wack. Can a popular Hollywood actor not portray an everyday working man, hell even a poor person. Should they only get an actor from local Denver theater scene?

by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2024 12:02 AM

I agree with you completely Teacake on one count and disagree on another.

Jolene is a bit of a disappointment and revealing at the same time. The entire heart of Jolene is a song about a woman who isn't a "bad bitch" and has to resort to begging the other woman, who has qualities she doesn't possess herself, NOT to steal her man. But Beyoncé misses this point entirely and seems to have just taken what she knows to be an iconic country song sung by a legend and re-recorded it just to get a Dolly Parton approved notch under her country music built with zero understanding of the emotion what she's singing. Robynn's Dancing on My Own captures the sentiment of this song, or even Alanis's You Oughta Know, better in a modernized telling of the same story. It reveals Beyoncé cannot position herself as the jilted woman. She always has to sing from a place of power, or going through darkness to find her power.

Which brings me to my second point. Beyoncé's discography is very personal, written from a first person narrative. She is not one who sings in the third person because her music is autobiographical - either told from her or Sasha Fierce's perspective. So it is incongruous for her to portray the everyday working man, or poor person, because the only story she usually tells is her own.

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2024 10:17 AM

If Beyonce wants to sing about the plight of the average person she could do more to help them, instead of all the conspicuous consumption. I'm sure she does some good but she isn't vocal about standing up for others usually. That's why those lyrics ring a bit hollow.

by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2024 11:12 AM

R15 It’s ironic Beyoncé often paired You Oughta Know with IFWB during I am Sasha Fierce error and I thought she was quite effective and pulling off that performance.

To me Bey is a woman’s woman. I am not a woman but I’ve heard many of my female friends, they never coin that term, but that’s the ideals she represents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2024 12:56 PM

[quote]TeacakeRises

Fetid shit eating retard COVID infested diseased BANNED racist sociopathic shit encrusted loathsome REDTAGGED Nazi pedo freeper MAGA derivative attention whore cunt fuck

TeacakeRises is scum

by Anonymousreply 18April 2, 2024 1:20 PM

The Lip Syncing Auto Tuned Wig strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 19April 2, 2024 1:24 PM

Teacake, r17, Beyoncé can be a woman's woman. I wasn't saying she isn't. I was saying that Beyoncé will not portray herself as a jilted woman, a needy woman, completely at the power of someone as the song Jolene requires. She might sing about being jilted, being betrayed, but never from a point of weakness. If I Were a Boy is really a song about how feeble minded men are in understanding women. It's not a song about a desperate woman trying to save her relationship. Both You Oughta Know and Dancing on Your Own are from the point of view of a desperate woman who has been jilted and is stalking a man to make him know how much they hurt. They NEED to be seen by him. It's a very honest human emotion, for both men and women. There might be similarities to If I Were a Boy, but the point of view, the position of power is completely different. Beyonce has let go of the relationship, the boy in her song. Robyn and Alanis would take him back in an instant if he'd just asked - he probably doesn't even need to say he's sorry.

by Anonymousreply 20April 2, 2024 1:36 PM

R18 #MentalHealth

by Anonymousreply 21April 2, 2024 1:38 PM

R12 Ego music for egomaniacs. Hilarious to imagine some fat bitch bopping in a Kia to this garbage, thinking she’s the Queen of the Projects.

by Anonymousreply 22April 2, 2024 1:41 PM

Don't engage with the junky in here. He'll only pick your pocket and try to convince you he's black.

by Anonymousreply 23April 2, 2024 1:42 PM

CUNT R21= Fetid shit eating retard COVID infested diseased BANNED racist sociopathic shit encrusted loathsome REDTAGGED Nazi pedo freeper MAGA derivative attention whore cunt fuck

by Anonymousreply 24April 2, 2024 1:46 PM

As I have previously said, the lyrics are juvenile and disjointed attempts to reflect a harsh reality that Beyoncé has never, ever known, and that is why the result comes across as so gimmicky, contrived and insincere.

This is a girl (and I say girl because it's unbelievable that such infantile, bratty and shallow lyrics would have been written and sung by a woman in her 40s) whose family's considerable income allowed her to grow up in the upper middle class economic stratum, and then went on to become extremely wealthy in her own merit as a musician. What could she possibly know about class issues or wider economic conflicts within society, when she is barely capable of stringing together a coherent sentence, is notoriously ignorant and superficial and has lived in a bubble of luxury and comfort all her life? Not only does she lack the experience to know what she's talking about, but she clearly lacks the intelligence or awareness to do so and this is precisely what makes this song so embarrassing.

I am not against people experimenting, but the results should always be impressive. When you have to rely on incessant hyperbole and accusations of racism in order to justify the lack of quality in your work, then the problem is your level of creativity and lack of musical taste. Also, maybe she should put things on other people's hands, because she is clearly a good singer but she doesn't know what to do with her talent, and neither do the people who surround her.

So yes, this is a disaster. Ya ya ya ya, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 25April 2, 2024 1:48 PM

Beyonce STANK!

by Anonymousreply 26April 2, 2024 1:50 PM

Fun song.

by Anonymousreply 27April 2, 2024 1:59 PM

R22–racist, classist, weightist, good lawd you are a low vibrational deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 28April 2, 2024 2:17 PM

R23 Yes I am black. And educated. And successful. I made the bad decision to get intro drugs stemming from an incident in my childhood in which I was sexually assaulted. Please seek help for your own mental health.

by Anonymousreply 29April 2, 2024 2:18 PM

Defacto urges us to believe that, unlike his Othello, Teacake, and other black cosplays, all red tagged, this one is real and he’s black now.

(Please disregard the fact that he’s a toxic racist and works hard here to make us hate and fear black people.)

by Anonymousreply 30April 2, 2024 2:21 PM

We know Teacake. Sometimes you post on here like you've just taken a hit of something crazy strong.

In the immortal words of Rick James, "Cocaine is a hellauva drug."

by Anonymousreply 31April 2, 2024 2:26 PM

Oh FFS, Teacunt, now you're piling on a sexual assault to the dozens of lies and stories you've told on here? You're a pig.

by Anonymousreply 32April 2, 2024 2:26 PM

R32 I’ve never told thousands of lies and have stated that on here once before. It’s not something I like to talk about casually. Get off me you psycho. Get the fuck off me and get a life.

by Anonymousreply 33April 2, 2024 2:33 PM

Does OP mean to referent Alaïa - Azzedine Alaïa?

Or Allah? God Boots?

Or dead singer Aaliyah?

What? Who?

- Nomi in Ver-sayce

by Anonymousreply 34April 2, 2024 2:37 PM

Teafuck, you really are a blight on here.

Go back to watching reruns of "That's My Mama" so you can come on here and show us what a real black person sounds like.

by Anonymousreply 35April 2, 2024 2:37 PM

There are Black people on Datalounge.

And R35 and his ilk are racist fucktards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 2, 2024 2:41 PM

R20 = best posts on the thread

by Anonymousreply 37April 2, 2024 2:42 PM

[quote] There are Black people on Datalounge.

No shit, really?

by Anonymousreply 38April 2, 2024 2:45 PM

I find her voice extremely unpleasant when she sings in a higher pitch. It sounds awful.

by Anonymousreply 39April 2, 2024 2:49 PM

The Queen simply bodies this track bridging the gap between country, rock n roll, funk, hip-hop, and r&b. She is going to kill this shit live and I imagine pair it with why don’t you love me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 2, 2024 3:18 PM

So "Alyah"? What, who is that?

by Anonymousreply 41April 2, 2024 3:21 PM

[quote]There are Black people on Datalounge.

And we know you want to see them in a death camp, Defacto.

by Anonymousreply 42April 2, 2024 4:08 PM

R41 That’s a brand of boot. Hence her being the truth in them.

by Anonymousreply 43April 2, 2024 8:29 PM

Truth. There's a word you've never met, Teafake.

by Anonymousreply 44April 2, 2024 8:37 PM

R44 you are sick. Get off me. Find a mate. Get laid.

by Anonymousreply 45April 2, 2024 8:41 PM

I think you might mean Alaïa as in Azzedine Alaïa. And if you mean him, he is way more than a boot maker. Don't you remember when Cher in Clueless was robbed and made to get on the ground and she said, "This is like a total Alaïa". But it's pronounced as you spelled Teacake.

by Anonymousreply 46April 2, 2024 9:04 PM

Careful everyone. No one wants any of redtagged banned CUNT TeacakeRising’s smoke, do you?

by Anonymousreply 47April 2, 2024 10:06 PM

Btw Aliyah is pronounced A liar. U get the wordplay now.

by Anonymousreply 48April 2, 2024 11:45 PM

Oh, so it's your brand, Teacunt?

by Anonymousreply 49April 3, 2024 2:27 AM

Again with the Ver-sayce.

TeaFake cunt IS our Nomi Malone.

by Anonymousreply 50April 3, 2024 2:30 AM

Except Nomi was blacker.

by Anonymousreply 51April 3, 2024 2:35 AM

Haters gon hate.

by Anonymousreply 52April 3, 2024 5:12 AM

Teafake. "Embarrassent to the race."

by Anonymousreply 53April 3, 2024 5:14 AM

Wrong again, mental health. I am excellence for my race. I uplift my race 24/7. I have even been volunteering lately.

You flyover ass gays who moved to New York City 40 years ago and aged and weighted out of romantic partnership. It ain’t our fault. You were pretentious to begin with. Now you mad and lonely. And all that passive aggressive resentment is why your stankin ass don’t have a ninja in bed with you right now to grow old with, through thick and thin. Fuck I ever look like bowing down to a racist like you.

by Anonymousreply 54April 3, 2024 6:49 AM

Alaïa is pronounced ah-LIE-ah. Not liar.

And to help you out Loewe is pronounced lo-WAY-vay

And Rimowa is - ri-MOW-va

by Anonymousreply 55April 3, 2024 7:59 AM

R55 omg it’s pronounce like that for affect. Not the literal pronunciation. SMH,🤦 Yall don’t get it. The contrast between being the truth in Aliyah boots.

by Anonymousreply 56April 3, 2024 1:59 PM

Teacake, would would get the "for affect" part of your pronunciation IF you had spelled it correctly from the beginning. But since you didn't, it just comes off as clueless - which I think is the actual truth in this particular case.

by Anonymousreply 57April 3, 2024 3:58 PM

Never understood her appeal.

by Anonymousreply 58April 3, 2024 4:01 PM

[quote] omg it’s pronounce like that for affect. Not the literal pronunciation. SMH,🤦 Yall don’t get it. The contrast between being the truth in Aliyah boots.—TeacakeRises

Crack baby.

by Anonymousreply 59April 3, 2024 10:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!