Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ready to Eat Deliverable Meals

Thoughts? Every tried them? Cooking was never my milieu. I can only assume it would be cheaper than delivery/pick-up. Possibly healthier.

by Anonymousreply 13April 1, 2024 3:20 AM

Are you from India? Or did you just land in the USA by boat??

by Anonymousreply 1March 31, 2024 5:31 PM

Even the better quality options become unappetizing after a few weeks. I was enrolled in a very expensive Zone Chef diet and enjoyed some items more than others. Breakfasts were interesting (a ball of ricotta with nuts and some honey). Lunch was light salads with sliced chicken or steak and a few nuts or maybe chèvre . Dinner sometimes included roast monkfish, which is sometimes called poor man’s lobster. It was very mild and firm, pretty delicious. Snacks were things like yogurt with nuts and berries (lots of blueberries).

I did lose weight. I remember a huge stacks of the re-usually trays accumulated fast. They left these meals on my doorstep very early each morning.

by Anonymousreply 2March 31, 2024 10:41 PM

Factor is great, but it's expensive.

by Anonymousreply 3March 31, 2024 11:55 PM

Max, R3?

by Anonymousreply 4April 1, 2024 12:21 AM

I tried Hello Fresh for 2 weeks. Best was to describe it was like airplane food.

by Anonymousreply 5April 1, 2024 12:23 AM

Factor is SHIT. Plaques with complaints

by Anonymousreply 6April 1, 2024 12:27 AM

Someone is giving me a gift card to either Hello Fresh or Blue Apron. I get to decide which. Any input, Dataloungers?

by Anonymousreply 7April 1, 2024 12:30 AM

I can't believe these mail-order meals are anything but wasteful in terms of climate impact (no matter what they say in their advertisements). Also, even though they talk about how healthy they are, in the end they are PROCESSED foods that you finish at home.

Don't believe the hype!

by Anonymousreply 8April 1, 2024 1:02 AM

Cook Unity is really good and affordable.

But agreed about the packaging. Lots us waste.

by Anonymousreply 9April 1, 2024 1:04 AM

Ready-to-eat meals from the local deli are better. No preservatives. Buy a few at a time and you'll have four or five dinners. Much better than having the MREs - and that's what they taste like: military Meals Ready to Eat

by Anonymousreply 10April 1, 2024 2:45 AM

I had to go on a no-sugar, no-gluten, no-I-don't remember what, no-fun diet for a month while doctors did some tests. The delivered meals were perfectly edible but limited, nothing special, and a freaking fortune.

by Anonymousreply 11April 1, 2024 3:05 AM

[quote] The delivered meals were perfectly edible but limited

R11 = Barbara Thorndyke

by Anonymousreply 12April 1, 2024 3:10 AM

They never worked for me. I tried several times. If it wasn’t that they generated enormous amounts of packaging it was because they didn’t taste good or they were so much more expensive than my rudimentary cooking would’ve been or I didn’t want to eat whatever was left when it was the only thing I had, so I ended up eating pizza instead and wasting the food and money.

It was just always something.

by Anonymousreply 13April 1, 2024 3:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!