Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Alex Garland says “Civil War” is the last film he will ever direct as he’s “fallen out of love with filmmaking”

Sad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2024 3:23 AM

Uh huh.

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2024 11:45 PM

He's had an interesting career, I hope if he shifts to writing his scripts get made and made well.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2024 11:59 PM

I read The Beach in the late 90s and it was, and still is, incredible. The movie was nothing like it and stunk. I wish he'd write something else, it's been twenty years since his last novel.

by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2024 12:14 AM

He hasn't made that many films over his 22 years in the business. Most were okay to good, but nothing I would categorize as great.

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2024 1:15 AM

You must admit all of his were/are original.

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2024 3:15 AM

I admit nothing!

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2024 3:15 AM

His last movie, "Men", was kind of a wreck in some ways, but I'll give credit where credit's due: That the prolonged scene with Jessie Buckley wandering down the nature/railroad trail and eventually being confronted by/chased by the man in the tunnel is one of the scariest scenes I can remember seeing on the big screen in years. The film overall is worth watching for the atmosphere, which is incredible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2024 3:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!