Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who the fuck is Tyla? She’s channeling young Janet with this song

I’ve seen her name mentioned on social media numerous times and she won a Grammy yet I’ve never heard of her music. I finally decided to Google her and I think she’s better than a lot of these other new artists like Ice Spice but still don’t get why some people speak of her like a star.

This song is pretty fun though. You can hear how it’s inspired by Janet, especially when you get to the 2 minute mark and it’s a dance break. Pure JANET.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 9, 2024 5:25 PM

Just another stripper whore trying to be famous.

by Anonymousreply 1March 31, 2024 3:54 PM

She just recently said that she’d like to collab with Janet. OP, how could her big hit “Water” have escaped you? It was EVERYWHERE on social media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 9, 2024 11:50 AM

Every time I hear this inane song, I want to claw my eardrums out.

by Anonymousreply 3April 9, 2024 11:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 9, 2024 11:59 AM

^ooh, can I help?

by Anonymousreply 5April 9, 2024 11:59 AM

R3 should jump off a bridge.

by Anonymousreply 6April 9, 2024 12:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 9, 2024 12:01 PM

Justin’s flopping and Janet is on a successful tour. Gotta love it.

by Anonymousreply 8April 9, 2024 12:03 PM

Tyla mash-up with the queen of pop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 9, 2024 12:06 PM

R2, I cannot believe that such and insanely boring song could have ever been a Top 10 hit. Also, this girl barely has a voice; in fact, it's so thin that rice paper looks like Constantinople's walls by comparison.

Sorry, but I am not impressed AT ALL. Without flashing colours and slutty poses, this girl wouldn't be able to sell a sandwich to the population of Gaza.

by Anonymousreply 10April 9, 2024 12:18 PM

Tell us how you REALLY feel, R10.

by Anonymousreply 11April 9, 2024 12:27 PM

R8 Based on R7's GIF, it looks like Janet's the one who's flopping...all over the damn place.

by Anonymousreply 12April 9, 2024 12:54 PM

R2 Can someone get this poor girl some towels to dry her off?

by Anonymousreply 13April 9, 2024 1:00 PM

Her voice is so thin, even Karen Carpenter would tell it to eat something.

by Anonymousreply 14April 9, 2024 1:13 PM

That song sounds like complete shit.

by Anonymousreply 15April 9, 2024 1:30 PM

Thin voices are fine. Not everyone needs to be a huge singer.

by Anonymousreply 16April 9, 2024 1:40 PM

^THIS. And the funny part is that the critics here probably couldn't even sing the ABCs.

by Anonymousreply 17April 9, 2024 2:30 PM

I like "Water."

by Anonymousreply 18April 9, 2024 3:44 PM

[quote] Also, this girl barely has a voice; in fact, it's so thin that rice paper looks like Constantinople's walls by comparison.

My heiress apparent!

by Anonymousreply 19April 9, 2024 4:30 PM

R16 Why bother when there's real talent? The whispering is grating.

by Anonymousreply 20April 9, 2024 5:02 PM

Tyla on Queen Janet…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 9, 2024 5:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!