Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends and Lotto Winners -- Own Your Own Private Lake and Homes in NJ

Perfect for the recluse?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 31, 2024 3:07 PM

I’m one of those weird people who’d like to own the lake, but live here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 31, 2024 2:45 PM

The construction looks cheaper than cheap.

by Anonymousreply 2March 31, 2024 2:47 PM

That would be a dream, it it weren’t for the 1970’s era oversized main house, complete with ”recent renovation” including gray imitation wood floors in the master bath and kitchen cabinets that look like they were purchased from a mobile home manufacturer’s overstock sale.

It’s hard to tell on my phone, but the style of the house doesn’t look too bad. It’s the likely construction quality and cheap finishes. Even if the construction quality isn’t that bad, the size of the house makes replacing stuff very expensive. There are a LOT of windows and they don’t look like they are the very lowest quality, but they don’t look great (again, can’t tell for sure).

No floorplan, but looks like it might be sited well. Being able to rent the secondary house for $2700 offsets the taxes. What’s that area like?

by Anonymousreply 3March 31, 2024 3:00 PM

Settings nice enough... I think the lakeshore is overcleared... the new house leaves me flat. It's fine. As a tasteful lottery winner, I think you could do better.

by Anonymousreply 4March 31, 2024 3:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!