Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let’s Be the Inevitable Doris Day Biopic

I’m plastic Nicole Kidman, trying to make “The Deadwood Stage” sexy despite being unable to smile or wink anymore. You just KNOW they’re going to cast me in the part.

by Anonymousreply 11March 31, 2024 7:30 PM

I'm Margot Robbie, move over you has been I'd be perfect as Doris Day

by Anonymousreply 1March 31, 2024 1:38 PM

There are probably fewer than ten thousand people willing to pay to see a Doris Day Biopic.

by Anonymousreply 2March 31, 2024 1:48 PM

^ That never stopped them from making a movie before

by Anonymousreply 3March 31, 2024 1:56 PM

No one can compare.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 31, 2024 2:11 PM

I'm Renee Zellweger reprising her role in Down with Love.

by Anonymousreply 5March 31, 2024 2:26 PM

We don't need biopics for people where there's already a ton of audio/visual material. Give me something I can't have otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 6March 31, 2024 2:27 PM

R6 I agree. I would rather have a biopic on someone like, say, Tallulah Bankhead or Clara Bow. There’s yet to be a proper biopic on either of those two women. Biopics on someone such as Judy Garland or Marilyn Monroe have been done to death. What more do you have left to say about Judy or Marilyn that hasn’t already been known (or told)?

Sometimes, I feel like Hollywood and the industry needs to take a break on producing biopics. It’s gets a little tiring after a while, reading some article on some actor or actress signing on for a biopic, knowing they are only doing it because they want an Oscar that badly.

by Anonymousreply 7March 31, 2024 2:52 PM

I wrote biographies of Tallulah, Estee Lauder, and Dorothy Kilgallen in the 1980s. Nobody bought them! Not even you prissy little queens!

by Anonymousreply 8March 31, 2024 4:16 PM

Lee, I wasn’t born until 1994 so of course I wouldn’t have read it back then.

Melissa did a great job playing you though. 😉

by Anonymousreply 9March 31, 2024 5:19 PM

The perfect actress to play Doris Day would be Shannon Keenan, a young Irish actress and media personality. I've been watching the Try Channel on YouTube for several years, and that's where I saw her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 31, 2024 5:44 PM

R7/R9 Melissa McCarthy finally did some actual acting! But her characterization was nothing like me. I was a vicious old drunk who wasn't too terribly desperate when I began forging letters. I mostly did it to fuck with the Upper East Side star-fuckers, and fleece them from the money they clearly didn't know how to spend tastefully. I was also a LOT slimmer than dear Melissa.

PS - Fuck You Very Much!

by Anonymousreply 11March 31, 2024 7:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!