Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends: 1880 rectory County Donegal, Ireland €895,000

A pleasant stone house of 1880 on 1.9 acres of mature gardens at the edge of the town of Ramelton in County Donegal. It has 8 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. It was renovated as a private house in 1994.

The space offers a lot of flexibility to personal requirements. I would put a giant wood work table in the kitchen and could be happy with the place as is, just some better furniture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 31, 2024 4:16 PM

That house is everything. I'd replace the bedroom carpet and, as you said, add more workspace to the kitchen and that's it.

by Anonymousreply 1March 31, 2024 12:09 PM

Looks nice, but the fuck am I supposed to do in Rathmelton, a town of 1k in the extreme north of Ireland? I guess I could use it as a retreat, if I were a millionaire.

by Anonymousreply 2March 31, 2024 12:16 PM

Gorgeous. I could move straight in.

by Anonymousreply 3March 31, 2024 12:57 PM

I prefer a refectory, personally.

by Anonymousreply 4March 31, 2024 1:20 PM

It's not worth the weather, y'all.

by Anonymousreply 5March 31, 2024 1:40 PM

Charming. The grounds are lovely. Interesting outbuildings. I’d ask to buy a couple pieces of the furniture, a couple of the objets d’art, and all the books.

by Anonymousreply 6March 31, 2024 1:44 PM

Can it be airlifyed out of Ireland?

by Anonymousreply 7March 31, 2024 1:46 PM

Gives me the creeps. The creeps, I tell ya.

by Anonymousreply 8March 31, 2024 2:16 PM

Love most of it, but not loving the kitchen, although there was only one pic of it.

I'd rip out that massive phormium plant in the yard though. It's very out of place and detracts from the bucolic landscape.

by Anonymousreply 9March 31, 2024 2:26 PM

They had to wait 4 months to get two hours of sunshine for pictures.

by Anonymousreply 10March 31, 2024 2:52 PM

Perfect place for an exorcism

by Anonymousreply 11March 31, 2024 4:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!