Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Far Distant Future Humans

Has anyone tried to guess what humans in the far distant future will look like?

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2024 12:00 AM

Aryan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 31, 2024 12:59 AM

[quote] Has anyone tried to guess what humans in the far distant future will look like?

No. No onw.

by Anonymousreply 2March 31, 2024 1:02 AM

[quote] Has anyone tried to guess what humans in the far distant future will look like?

No. No one.

by Anonymousreply 3March 31, 2024 1:03 AM

They will all look like the fat sows and bulls we see oozing around us in supermarkets and shopping malls. Andthe Golden Corral. Teensy pin heads and ginormous gobs of fat. They feet will all but disapper .

by Anonymousreply 4March 31, 2024 1:30 AM

I remember a magazine article decades ago that tried to guess what humans would become, but they looked very ET.

by Anonymousreply 5March 31, 2024 8:26 AM

R1, that's one of the few flaws of the 1960 film.

"We have no government."

"Laws? There are no laws."

These statements require a prerequisite knowledge of what 'government' and 'laws' are, something the Eloi would not have had.

The Eloi as described by H.G. Wells would have been impossible to realize for the screen, save perhaps by child actors. The text reads:

"In a circular opening, high up in the wall of the nearer house, I saw a group of figures clad in rich soft robes. They had seen me, and their faces were directed towards me.

“Then I heard voices approaching me. Coming through the bushes by the White Sphinx were the heads and shoulders of men running. One of these emerged in a pathway leading straight to the little lawn upon which I stood with my machine. He was a slight creature—perhaps four feet high—clad in a purple tunic, girdled at the waist with a leather belt. Sandals or buskins—I could not clearly distinguish which—were on his feet; his legs were bare to the knees, and his head was bare. Noticing that, I noticed for the first time how warm the air was.

“He struck me as being a very beautiful and graceful creature, but indescribably frail. His flushed face reminded me of the more beautiful kind of consumptive—that hectic beauty of which we used to hear so much. At the sight of him I suddenly regained confidence. I took my hands from the machine.

“In another moment we were standing face to face, I and this fragile thing out of futurity. He came straight up to me and laughed into my eyes. The absence from his bearing of any sign of fear struck me at once. Then he turned to the two others who were following him and spoke to them in a strange and very sweet and liquid tongue.

“There were others coming, and presently a little group of perhaps eight or ten of these exquisite creatures were about me. One of them addressed me. It came into my head, oddly enough, that my voice was too harsh and deep for them. So I shook my head, and, pointing to my ears, shook it again. He came a step forward, hesitated, and then touched my hand. Then I felt other soft little tentacles upon my back and shoulders. They wanted to make sure I was real. There was nothing in this at all alarming. Indeed, there was something in these pretty little people that inspired confidence—a graceful gentleness, a certain childlike ease. And besides, they looked so frail that I could fancy myself flinging the whole dozen of them about like ninepins. But I made a sudden motion to warn them when I saw their little pink hands feeling at the Time Machine. Happily then, when it was not too late, I thought of a danger I had hitherto forgotten, and reaching over the bars of the machine I unscrewed the little levers that would set it in motion, and put these in my pocket. Then I turned again to see what I could do in the way of communication.

“And then, looking more nearly into their features, I saw some further peculiarities in their Dresden china type of prettiness. Their hair, which was uniformly curly, came to a sharp end at the neck and cheek; there was not the faintest suggestion of it on the face, and their ears were singularly minute. The mouths were small, with bright red, rather thin lips, and the little chins ran to a point. The eyes were large and mild; and—this may seem egotism on my part—I fancied even that there was a certain lack of the interest I might have expected in them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 31, 2024 2:03 PM

Duh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 31, 2024 2:14 PM

The whole planet will be Chinese.

by Anonymousreply 8March 31, 2024 2:39 PM

Steven Assanti

by Anonymousreply 9March 31, 2024 2:41 PM

"Lamm speaks of "wresting control" of the human form from natural evolution and bending human biology to suit our needs...

"Kwan based his predictions on what living environments might look like in the future, climate and technological advancements. One of the big changes will be a larger forehead, Kwan predicts - a feature that has already expanding since the 14th and 16th centuries. Scientists writing in the British Dental Journal have suggested that skull-measurement comparisons from that time show modern-day people have less prominent facial features but higher foreheads, and Kwan expects the human head to trend larger to accommodate a larger brain...

"Kwan stresses that 60,000 years from now, our ability to control the human genome will also make the effect of evolution on our facial features moot. As genetic engineering becomes the norm, "the fate of the human face will be increasingly determined by human tastes"...

"The remaining 40,000 years, or 100,000 years from now, Kwan believes the human face will reflect "total mastery over human morphological genetics. This human face will be heavily biased towards features that humans find fundamentally appealing: strong, regal lines, straight nose, intense eyes, and placement of facial features that adhere to the golden ratio and left/right perfect symmetry," he says...

"Eyes will seem "unnervingly large" -- as least from our viewpoint today -- and may feature eye-shine enhance low-light vision and even a sideways blink from re-constituted plica semilunaris to further protect human eyes from the disruptive effect of cosmic rays..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 31, 2024 3:17 PM

Probably hairless and greige.

So… gross?

by Anonymousreply 11March 31, 2024 3:43 PM

There won't be a planet for them to live on!

by Anonymousreply 12March 31, 2024 4:42 PM

"Eyes will seem "unnervingly large" -- as least from our viewpoint today -- and may feature eye-shine enhance low-light vision and even a sideways blink from re-constituted plica semilunaris to further protect human eyes from the disruptive effect of cosmic rays..."

Margret Keens asks "Why wait".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 31, 2024 8:40 PM

The distant future….the year 2000…everything is very different since the robotic uprising of the late 1990s.

The humans are dead!

We used poisonous gases

And we poisoned their asses

The humans are dead

The humans are dead

(They look like they're dead)

It had to be done

(I'll just confirm that they're dead)

So that we could have fun

(Affirmative. I poked one. It was dead.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 1, 2024 3:04 PM

Evolutionary considerations tell us we will have no toes.

by Anonymousreply 15April 1, 2024 3:07 PM

I think we'll end up looking like the grays people imagine seeing now.

by Anonymousreply 16April 1, 2024 3:16 PM

Were humans the greys all along???

by Anonymousreply 17April 4, 2024 8:28 PM

All skeletons.

by Anonymousreply 18April 4, 2024 9:39 PM

[quote]One of the big changes will be a larger forehead

I have always been ahead of my time.

by Anonymousreply 19April 4, 2024 9:41 PM

Our teensy penises will disappear and everyone will be in vitro fertilized with sperm extractions.

by Anonymousreply 20April 4, 2024 10:11 PM

Everyone will look like Benedict Cumbersnatch

by Anonymousreply 21April 4, 2024 10:15 PM

Great question. I do wonder and also wonder in what ways we will be intertwined with technology, rather like cyborgs. I mean, we already are (vaccines). But what else will be implanted into our bodies?

by Anonymousreply 22April 4, 2024 10:17 PM

Do thats how Russian disinformation happens. Start with a question, then state some disinformation as fact then close with restating the original question.

I wonder if you mother was a Russian whore r22? I mean you are such a sneaky bastard, was your mother a Russian whore? What other misinformation can you plant?

by Anonymousreply 23April 4, 2024 11:44 PM

[quote] Were humans the greys all along???

So alien visitations are really human time travelers trying to warn us that pollution, human suffering, war, climate change and gay bareback sex has turned us into little grey men with no reproductive organs?!!

This will be the basis of the next treatment I pitch to Ryan Murphy -- "We ARE The Future"

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2024 12:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!