Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Irritated Billie Eilish slams stars like Taylor Swift for releasing ‘wasteful’ multiple vinyl versions

A vinyl variant is a different pressing of the same album with slight alterations, such as multiple color options or even including additional tracks. Offering several versions encourages super fans to buy all of them. Taylor Swift’s album “Folklore,” for instance, had eight vinyl variants.

Some have criticized the move as a cash grab. But Eilish, 22, said the trend is downright “wasteful.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 31, 2024 10:13 AM

Billie Eilish

by Anonymousreply 1March 30, 2024 7:25 PM

Taylor Swift is going to end up being like Richard Burton’s description of Lucille Ball

“She is a monster of staggering charmlessness and monumental lack of humour …. I am coldly sarcastic with her to the point of outright contempt but she hears only what she wants to hear …. She is a tired old woman and lives entirely on that weekly show which she has been doing and successfully doing for 19 years. Nineteen solid years of double-takes and pratfalls and desperate upstaging and cutting out other people’s laughs if she can, nervously watching the ‘ratings’ as she does so … I loathe her today but now I also pity her. I make a point of never seeing her again …. Milady Ball can thank her lucky stars that I am not drinking. There is a chance that if I had I might have killed her. Jack Benny, the most amiable man in the world, and one of the truly great comedians of our time, says that in 4 days she reduced his life expectancy by 10 years.”

by Anonymousreply 2March 30, 2024 7:30 PM

Where did Burton say this? The lady doth protest too much methinks.

by Anonymousreply 3March 30, 2024 7:35 PM

Billie: The Swifties are comin' for you.

by Anonymousreply 4March 30, 2024 7:37 PM

Why did Burton do her show?

by Anonymousreply 5March 30, 2024 7:45 PM

I totally agree about the multiple albums. Not just the LPs, but all her "versions". She knows what she's doing. She's bleeding her fans white while she gets richer. She already has more money than she'll ever need or use. What a disgrace she is.

by Anonymousreply 6March 30, 2024 7:49 PM

PS If you want a thread about Lucille Ball and Richard Burton, start that thread.

by Anonymousreply 7March 30, 2024 7:50 PM

This cunt doesn’t seem to be aware that her 15 minutes are almost up.

by Anonymousreply 8March 30, 2024 8:01 PM

That’s right, Billie, she’s a wasteful bitch.

by Anonymousreply 9March 30, 2024 8:01 PM

R6, it’s done for charting purposes, not money.

by Anonymousreply 10March 30, 2024 8:02 PM

oh please, as if she's the only one doing this! all the bands are

by Anonymousreply 11March 30, 2024 8:06 PM

R10 And what does charting lead to?

by Anonymousreply 12March 30, 2024 8:11 PM

Fuck, she just can’t help bring a tiresome posier

by Anonymousreply 13March 31, 2024 6:09 AM

Billie Eilish is classier and edgier than Swift. A better singer, too, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 14March 31, 2024 7:04 AM

[quote] This cunt doesn’t seem to be aware that her 15 minutes are almost up.

Tell that to both of her Oscars, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 15March 31, 2024 7:06 AM

[quote]You’re working to make vinyl more sustainable. Happier Than Ever came in eight vinyl variants

So she's doing the exact same thing she's bitching about others doing.

by Anonymousreply 16March 31, 2024 7:10 AM

When pop culture has Taylor Swift and Billie Eylish as its ambassadors, it’s officially dead.

by Anonymousreply 17March 31, 2024 7:36 AM

I agree until "wasteful". It's not as if the #1 (or #2 or even #1 000 000) problem the world is currently having is "too many vinyl records".

by Anonymousreply 18March 31, 2024 7:53 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 31, 2024 8:11 AM

Back in August, Taylor Swift announced that she would be releasing 1989 (Taylor's Version) on October 27th. In the weeks leading up to the release, Taylor made the album available to preorder in multiple different versions. There is the classic vinyl, CD and cassette but also four additional CDs in different colours as well multiple vinyl variants with different covers.

On August 21st, Taylor made a third vinyl variant of 1989 (Taylor's Version) available. Like the Sunrise Boulevard Yellow edition before it, the Aquamarine Green Edition has a unique cover, costs $31.89 and is available to preorder for 48 hours.

Now, people are complaining that Taylor is "money-grabbing" by releasing so many different versions of the same album.

by Anonymousreply 20March 31, 2024 8:11 AM

R18 It's not just vinyl. She does variants of her CDs, also.

by Anonymousreply 21March 31, 2024 8:12 AM

Reacting to the Aquamarine Green Edition of 1989 (Taylor's Version) in a subreddit on Taylor Swift's popular Reddit page, a fan wrote: "Another shameless cash grab." Another added: "I'm actually annoyed she keeps doing this" and someone else commented: "Why. So. Many. Version. Of. The. Same. Damn. Album. Taylor. I cannot deal with the money grabbing feel."

Fans also criticised Taylor for releasing the vinyl variants one by one for limited time periods and only unveiling the covers when she makes them available to buy. As a result, people are feeling pressured to buy each vinyl when it goes on sale. They're also upset that they can't choose which cover they like best because they haven't seen the others.

A person wrote: "I am so annoyed that she's releasing these one by one." Another said: "I feel like an idiot for buying the previous 48 hour special when this is such a prettier cover photo. I wish she'd just show all the options at once."

by Anonymousreply 22March 31, 2024 8:14 AM

DL seems to hate Billie Eilish, but I'd much rather listen to her music over Taylor Swift's any day of the week. It's more interesting. She and her brother are decent songwriters. Taylor is a bore musically speaking. In truth she is really just a PR cunt machine whose greatest success is that she has successfully brainwashed multiple generations of simple-minded white girls into worshipping her.

by Anonymousreply 23March 31, 2024 9:03 AM

Taylor Swift is merely Leni Reifenstahl if Leni had turned the camera on herself instead of Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 24March 31, 2024 9:19 AM

Billie Eilesh always looks miserable and drugged in every picture. She’s not wrong though. Of course, Taylor’s demented stans will now be planning her murder.

by Anonymousreply 25March 31, 2024 9:25 AM

If you’re right, R24, we’ll have a long time with Ms Swift.

Reifenstahl died at 101.

by Anonymousreply 26March 31, 2024 9:27 AM

Swifties by and large seem to be moron just waiting to be fleeced anyway.

by Anonymousreply 27March 31, 2024 9:32 AM

I can't believe it but I finally agree with Billie Ellig. I still wonder though which of them has the worse voice?

by Anonymousreply 28March 31, 2024 10:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!