Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lizzo says "I Quit." She's tired of "being dragged"

Lizzo has called out her critics.

The musician, 35, shared a lengthy statement on her Instagram page Friday expressing that she's "getting tired of putting up with being dragged by everyone in my life and on the internet."

"All I want is to make music and make people happy and help the world be a little better than how I found it," the Grammy winner continued. "But I'm starting to feel like the world doesn't want me in it. I'm constantly up against lies being told about me for clout & views ... being the butt of the joke every single time because of how I look."

Lizzo added that her character has been "picked apart by people who don't know me and [are] disrespecting my name."

She ended her message by writing, "I didn't sign up for this s--t — I QUIT ✌🏾."

PEOPLE has reached out to Lizzo's rep for comment.

While the singer didn't reveal what prompted the statement, the post's comment section was filled with encouraging messages from her peers.

Latto wrote, "The ppl need u Lizzo. I remember U made me keep going when I wanted to quit before. Ur soul is SO pure f--- these ppl that don't know you! TEAM LIZZO 4L." Loni Love commented, "Girl don't let them win… stay off the internet.. hug up yo man… keep working."

The post was shared nearly two months after the singer's attempt to dismiss a sexual harassment lawsuit filed against her by three of her former background dancers was denied.

Last November, the performer got candid with her fans, explaining in an Instagram post that she was taking time to focus on herself.

"Hi. I'm working.. on music, myself, relationships with people and food, my anxiety, my body, my business, and my trust issues with the world.. but they are deep now, deeper than they've ever been. Xoxo," wrote Lizzo.

At the start of the new year, she revealed a new slimmed-down figure in an Instagram video as she modeled her shapewear brand Yitty's leggings and sports bras.

"We're putting ourselves first this year you guys. You don't have to wait to feel like the best version of yourself. New year, new me," said Lizzo in the clip.

On Sunday, she asked her fans to "give me a lil more time" before releasing new music.

"I’m almost ready to be a normal human again… to be outside.. to love and trust people.. to try and make new friends… to go on live 👀… to sing and talk about my pain and joy… just give me a lil more time," wrote Lizzo on Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 3, 2024 11:52 PM

What does she expect?

People who have worked with her, said that she's a nasty bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 30, 2024 3:33 PM

Translation: I've discovered Ozempic and am taking some time off, I'll be back soon, thinner.

by Anonymousreply 2March 30, 2024 3:37 PM

Mein fat Fuhrer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 30, 2024 3:37 PM

Fame has a dark side, u fat beyotch!

by Anonymousreply 4March 30, 2024 3:38 PM

Join a symphony and play your flute there. Last chair.

by Anonymousreply 5March 30, 2024 4:14 PM

Being held responsible for shitty behavior is "being dragged"? The elders on DL are riight, kids today really are all taught to believe they are so unique and special.

by Anonymousreply 6March 30, 2024 4:25 PM

This is a stunt and won’t last. Just like Doja Cat and others. Attention seeking

by Anonymousreply 7March 30, 2024 4:29 PM

I agree - she's going on the Ozempic diet and will return at the end of summer.

by Anonymousreply 8March 30, 2024 4:35 PM

I don't think they've built anything yet that could drag her.

by Anonymousreply 9March 30, 2024 4:40 PM

Predator. Narcissistic. Even when confronted, she is bending and twisting the narrative using girl power.

Despicable.

by Anonymousreply 10March 30, 2024 4:45 PM

Well quit then. What'd you expect?

by Anonymousreply 11March 30, 2024 4:51 PM

ungrateful fat whore.

by Anonymousreply 12March 30, 2024 5:16 PM

If only.

by Anonymousreply 13March 30, 2024 6:09 PM

She's a spectacular talent and it's sad & enraging that people are so shallow and mean and awful that they hounded this woman off the stage based on nothing more than her appearance.

by Anonymousreply 14March 30, 2024 6:22 PM

Try not sexual assaulting people and maybe your career will be okay.

by Anonymousreply 15March 30, 2024 7:16 PM

That has nothing to do with why she’s been canceled R14.

by Anonymousreply 16March 30, 2024 7:22 PM

FYI for the unfamiliar. A lawsuit is going forward alleging that Lizzo forced her backup dancers into sex acts while at an Amsterdam club, and they felt they couldn’t refuse because she was their boss and had power over them. (Other allegations that were part of the original lawsuit, like Lizzo fatshaming the women, were not deemed legally actionable by the judge overseeing the case.)

Lizzo’s not being bullied for her appearance, or even facing criticism for her music. Songs about empowerment and self esteem land differently when there’s credible reason to believe the singer is a shit person, and being a boss who pressures employees to eat bananas out of a sex worker’s pussy is the kind of behavior that should be penalized. That this allegation is still moving forward in the courts when other allegations have been dropped there’s reason to believe it for now. If Lizzo is legally vindicated, the tide of public opinion will turn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 30, 2024 7:27 PM

OMG did she make someone eat her pussy?

by Anonymousreply 18March 30, 2024 7:33 PM

[quote] A lawsuit is going forward alleging that Lizzo forced her backup dancers into sex acts while at an Amsterdam club, and they felt they couldn’t refuse because she was their boss and had power over them.

Did they at least try to refuse? Did they ask what the consequences would be for refusing?

by Anonymousreply 19March 30, 2024 7:40 PM

R16, I invite you to read the comments on the announcements on any platform you care to look at (including right here in this thread) to see that the number one response has to do with her appearance. So yeah, you're wrong.

by Anonymousreply 20March 30, 2024 7:44 PM

She'll never quit. She went out there and made a spectacle of herself time and time again - even though she looked RIDICULOUS in this skimpy outfits with such a shitty body.

And yes - she has a shitty body. It's just FAT - no shape, small tits, literally unremarkable and unattractive. And she has MILLIONS of dollars to get into shape and to look better.

Like all fat people with this 'up for fat people - we're beautiful no matter what you say' faux confidence, she knows she's wrong and hates her body and her lack of self control.

Truth.

by Anonymousreply 21March 30, 2024 7:57 PM

SZA embracing her at the Grammys was a clear reboot moment! Why, the NYTimes is ready to talk about her swimwear line.

Yes, she was a mean boss and made a dancer feel like she had to attend a show at a raunchy strip club in Amsterdam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 30, 2024 7:58 PM

3 presidents want her back too. I guess I'm a Lizzo apologist but I don't think she did anything too crazy or career ending. She got dragged more than sufficiently. Everyone who was already hating her for her weight was right there ready to tear her down. Let her put out another record.

by Anonymousreply 23March 30, 2024 8:02 PM

Everyone in fashion in uncanceled. Let Lizzo back in!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 30, 2024 8:06 PM

Quit exercising?

by Anonymousreply 25March 30, 2024 8:13 PM

I like her

by Anonymousreply 26March 30, 2024 8:19 PM

[quote]Latto wrote, "The ppl need u Lizzo.”

Well if Latto says so…

by Anonymousreply 27March 30, 2024 8:20 PM

R19, if you’re someone’s employer and that employment is based in the United States, you are committing a legally actionable offense against employees if you take them to a sex club in any country and encourage them to participate in the act. If the boss was paying and this was a work event for the group, the circumstances are coercive. A judge has granted a case can move forward, it has nothing to do with whether and how the employees protested in the moment.

If Lizzo was the type of artist known for singing about things like going to sex shows and taking part in activities with her entourage, her fans might not care, but since she’s associated with empowering messages people who liked that about her are disappointed and consider her a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 28March 30, 2024 8:38 PM

It was supposed to be a fun night out and a gag! Serves me right for hiring some churchy uptight dancer girl who can't hang!

by Anonymousreply 29March 30, 2024 9:20 PM

R28, what do you think empowerment from pop stars looks like these days? Lizzo's whole thing was a little raunchy and sex positive. It was a group of women. If Madonna invites her dancers to a club like that do they freak out? The accusers sounded a little whiny to me.. I mean no one wants to be pressured into doing things in a work context of course.

by Anonymousreply 30March 30, 2024 10:19 PM

“Lizzo” is not a name that commands respect….sorry gurl

by Anonymousreply 31March 30, 2024 10:28 PM

A Mack truck couldn't drag that fat bitch.

by Anonymousreply 32March 30, 2024 10:32 PM

It would be easier to roll her.

by Anonymousreply 33March 30, 2024 11:29 PM

She’s not even like thick girl fat, she’s just endless rolls of flopping lard.

by Anonymousreply 34March 30, 2024 11:29 PM

Isn't Lizzo a Lezzo?

by Anonymousreply 35March 31, 2024 3:22 AM

You’re wrong R20. Period.

by Anonymousreply 36March 31, 2024 12:29 PM

Ok, bye Lizzo.

by Anonymousreply 37March 31, 2024 12:46 PM

She’s just setting us up for her to take a break and came back in a few months Ozempicised.

by Anonymousreply 38March 31, 2024 12:52 PM

Good. Fuck Lizzo and all these people who are misinforming and misleading young people to believe that there is no relationship between weight/diet and health. Lizzo is a murderer.

by Anonymousreply 39March 31, 2024 1:01 PM

You think Cass Elliott, Aretha Franklin, or Barry White let their weight stop them from musical genius?

No. They said “Take me as I am, and listen to me sing,” and they’re legends today.

by Anonymousreply 40March 31, 2024 1:05 PM

"I quit!"

- Lizzo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 31, 2024 1:06 PM

Not to harp on this but here I go. the main complaint included the rehearsal where they had all underperformed and weren't allowed to leave the rehearsal stage and the one girl pissed herself. I'm willing to believe the situation was too demanding or unprofessional though no one ever said being a touring dancer was easy. Pissing yourself is on you [sic]. You don't need or want a job where you're not allowed to use the bathroom! We're in Gen Z doesn't want to work territory guys. The girl sounded more delusional than Lizzo. Her dancing career was passed off like she'd even have one without Lizzo. Who needs to hire you? Now other pop stars are on board with dancers of size but fat dancers were not previously in demand!

by Anonymousreply 42March 31, 2024 1:19 PM

"Lizzozempic" would make for a great comeback album name

by Anonymousreply 43March 31, 2024 1:30 PM

She’s probably O-ing down to fit fat. She’ll still be a jolly girl, just one who makes it into her golden years. Stay with your flute talent and thrive.

by Anonymousreply 44March 31, 2024 1:41 PM

Goodbye Detroit's Rose...

by Anonymousreply 45March 31, 2024 1:45 PM

[quote] No. They said “Take me as I am, and listen to me sing,” and they’re legends today.

And all dead

by Anonymousreply 46March 31, 2024 1:46 PM

Then waddle off to whatever trough is next for you and let us be,

by Anonymousreply 47March 31, 2024 3:32 PM

She said

I QUIT!

And then she stomped her hooves and galloped off to the nearest Sonic

by Anonymousreply 48March 31, 2024 4:06 PM

I’d be tired of dragging around an extra 150# too.

by Anonymousreply 49March 31, 2024 5:09 PM

I actually enjoy a few of her songs and she is a positive person. What I didn’t care for was her twerking with that crystal flute of James Madison. It was a great honor and she acted like a clown.

by Anonymousreply 50March 31, 2024 11:57 PM

I'm sure she feels like a great weight has been taken off.

So she can order that second helping guilt free

by Anonymousreply 51April 1, 2024 12:35 AM

They make Ozempic now, you know.

by Anonymousreply 52April 1, 2024 12:47 AM

Just kidding!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 3, 2024 3:14 PM

R18 yes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 3, 2024 3:31 PM

[quote]Lizzo Clarifies She’s Not Quitting Music:

No take-backs bitch. You’re gone.

by Anonymousreply 55April 3, 2024 7:59 PM

Fat tiresome cunt.

by Anonymousreply 56April 3, 2024 9:38 PM

Until she needs money

by Anonymousreply 57April 3, 2024 10:33 PM

I wonder how her fans will react when she becomes thin?

by Anonymousreply 58April 3, 2024 11:01 PM

Byeeee, Independent Zipcode…

by Anonymousreply 59April 3, 2024 11:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!