Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom

Who remembers this show from the 60s

It has been rebooted by NBC and airs Saturday mornings (check local listings)

Here is a full episode " Valley of Eagles"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 31, 2024 12:41 PM

I forgot about this show! I watched it every Sunday evening. I really liked Jim but was clueless at that time why.

by Anonymousreply 1March 30, 2024 1:27 PM

I love this show! Sunday nights, right before The Wonderful World of Disney.

by Anonymousreply 2March 30, 2024 1:28 PM

I remember watching it in the 70s but was bored by it.

by Anonymousreply 3March 30, 2024 2:02 PM

Omg ! Every Sunday my mom would make waffles for Sunday dinner and we would watch this afterward. I remember how exciting it was to watch it on our zenith 25 inch chroma color TV with no remote control!

by Anonymousreply 4March 30, 2024 2:02 PM

Sorry, but my Saturday mornings are reserved for Brandon McMillan and Lucky Dog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 30, 2024 2:05 PM

I miss Marlin Perkins.

by Anonymousreply 6March 30, 2024 3:01 PM

Even as a kid, I was entranced by Stan Brock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 30, 2024 4:28 PM

I was just mentioning on the 70s thread how we watched this every Sunday before Wonderful World of Disney. Great show - I love watching the theme song on Youtube, brings back good memories.

by Anonymousreply 8March 30, 2024 4:30 PM

Apropos of nothing, my Medicare gap insurance is by Mutual of Omaha. Just thought DL would like to know.

by Anonymousreply 9March 30, 2024 4:45 PM

" I'll sit here and drink several gin and tonics while Jim wrestles a 500 lb crocodile while also trying to fend off the python that has wrapped itself around his waist."

by Anonymousreply 10March 30, 2024 5:06 PM

Someday Brandon McMillan will rescue me and take me to my forever home, which hopefully will be between his thighs.

by Anonymousreply 11March 30, 2024 6:52 PM

[quote] I know all seven basic commands.

LMAO

by Anonymousreply 12March 30, 2024 6:59 PM

Those cougars in the wilds of West Omaha. Well, I never in all my life!

by Anonymousreply 13March 30, 2024 7:04 PM

There was a scandal at the time that the producers created instances of carnage for entertainment, i.e. had a hooved animal cross paths with a carnivore.

by Anonymousreply 14March 30, 2024 7:09 PM

RHONY featured cougars in Manhattan and The Hamptons.

by Anonymousreply 15March 30, 2024 8:31 PM

I loved this show. I loved anything about animals though. It made me determined to someday go on safari, which I did in 2014. One of my favorite trips ever.

by Anonymousreply 16March 31, 2024 12:02 AM

I hated that shit.

I didn't want to know anything about nature.

I wanted to stay up for Jack Paar.

by Anonymousreply 17March 31, 2024 12:11 AM

Sunday nights: Lassie, Wild Kingdom, Wonderful World of Disney.

I would actually cry at the end of Lassie during the credits sequence where she was standing on a hill, heartbroken that it would be a whole week before I would see my beloved Lassie again.

by Anonymousreply 18March 31, 2024 3:29 AM

R18 that deserves a

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARY!

by Anonymousreply 19March 31, 2024 3:53 AM

We get a wet Robert Irwin!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 31, 2024 12:36 PM

DL's favorite Robert Irwin pose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 31, 2024 12:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!