Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jiang Nan

Has anyone eaten here?

We are going to see “Dune: Part Two” on Monday afternoon and I’m thinking of making reservations for lunch at Jiang Nan beforehand.

If anyone has eaten at any of their locations, I’d love to hear what you think.

Thanks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2024 3:04 PM

The space that JN has taken is beautiful and I'm sure you remember Teatro.

I haven't been to this one but I've been to the location in Brooklyn. My friends who have think it's great looking but the food could be better. The boiled bullfrog is just gimmicky. Not stupid expensive though.

I miss Roccos' and Esme but that was a long time ago.

On the bright side, I got dragged to that very theatre to see Dune. I expected to hate it (and the mouse boy) but it was great.

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2024 7:47 PM

Thanks, R1.

Yes, I loved Teatro and we would often go there before or after seeing a movie at the Boston Common theater. I loved their Bolognese and am sorry that it closed.

I’m glad you liked Dune 2.

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2024 8:36 PM

PS, R1 - I liked Rocco’s, too. Was that in the State Transportation Building where P.F. Chang’s is now?

I used to love Biba.

I am unfamiliar with Esme. How can that be?

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2024 8:53 PM

Esme/Marais was on lower Boylston by the piano building. My friend was G.M. Another Sarkis survivor.

Roccos' had the wooden pigs and the food was excellent. And yes it devolved into P.F. Changs.

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2024 9:11 PM

Yesterday was a lovely day.

We had a lovely lunch at Jiang Nan and then went to the 2:00 matinee of “Dune: Part Two.”

The movie let out just after 5:00 and we went to a friend’s place in the South End for cocktails and then walked to Bar Mezzana for dinner.

I didn’t love the movie, but everything else was great.

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2024 10:40 PM

Deep fried carrot stuff?

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2024 10:46 PM

W/ egg yolks?

"Winter melon ribs"?

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2024 10:50 PM

Ching ching chow chow.

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2024 10:59 PM

Yes, R6/R7, all delicious!

by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2024 2:51 PM

There is someone who is really quite stupid on another thread who lacks the understanding that a restaurant can have more than one location. He thinks I live in Queens, NY because he failed to click ‘locations’ on the Jiang Nan website while minding my business.

Jiang Nan has ten locations with an eleventh on the way in Bellevue, WA.

As much as I don’t typically like chains, the food here is quite good and the service was profe. If there’s one near you, you might give it a try.

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2024 2:14 PM

*’ … and the service was professional.’

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2024 2:15 PM

Hi, Greg.

by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2024 2:16 PM

Oh, fuck off, you constant nuisance.

by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2024 2:18 PM

Menu isn't for me. I don't like super authentic asian. Gnarly. Must be more Americanized for me to bother with it.

by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2024 2:31 PM

Hello, R12.

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2024 2:39 PM

[quote] Oh, fuck off, you constant nuisance.

I’m sure you are not addressing me in that way, R13.

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2024 2:40 PM

Greg, I’ve been to excellent dim sum and other Asian restaurants in Boston. Which ones do you recommend? I haven’t been to Boston in ages but may go up one of these days probably during summer.

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2024 2:43 PM

I recommend Winsor.

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2024 2:49 PM

The last time I had dim sum in Boston was at China Pearl on Tyler Street.

And I agree with R18’s recommendation of Winsor—dim sum made to order, rather than using rolling carts.

When you come here, where will you stay?

by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2024 3:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!