Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Karen Read Case Is About to Blow Up: This is Going to Get Very Ugly

Now we know one of them googled "how long to die in the snow" at 2:30 in the morning from inside the house. The FBI will testify that the car didn't kill John O'Keefe. The investigation is now under investigation. So many lies, so many secrets. Somebody in the house flipped.

Buckle up, buckaroo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209July 15, 2024 1:11 PM

Is anyone else watching the trial? I’m surprised there was no traction on this thread.

Everyone involved seems like trash.

by Anonymousreply 1May 7, 2024 2:25 PM

I can't believe this is the first DL thread on this case! Yes, OP, there's the "how long to die in snow", but also, what kind of homeowners have the investigation of a dead body on their front lawn going on for HOURS and never even come out of the home ONCE? Especially seeing as the homeowners are a law enforcement agent and a nurse? You'd think they'd be just a TAD curious, but no... Oh, and then there's the problem of only one shoe on the body. And also, the problem of not ONE piece of the broken taillight being found near the body.

Oh, my Lord, it just goes on and on. The defense lawyer is a beast, and there is no way this woman is going to prison.

by Anonymousreply 2May 7, 2024 2:46 PM

[quote]Buckle up, buckaroo.

Jesus fucking Christ.

by Anonymousreply 3May 7, 2024 2:50 PM

She has a great legal team, but...BUT...!! They need to advise her to soften her facial expression - she has a harsh look to begin with, and it didn't help when she fixed a death ray glare on that female paramedic during her entire testimony. She doesn't need to put on a phony act or cry, just adopt an expression of attention/concern to the proceedings. One time I saw her actually smile at the army of her "supporters" outside the courthouse, and it actually transformed her entire face!

That said, the jury is either going to hang or render a not guilty verdict.

by Anonymousreply 4May 7, 2024 3:27 PM

R3 Do fuck off, dear.

by Anonymousreply 5May 7, 2024 3:44 PM

Eat my dimpled hairy ass, frau CUNT fuck R5. Dig deep, I had corn for dinner.

Best,

R3

by Anonymousreply 6May 7, 2024 4:33 PM

R6 Meh, you tried

by Anonymousreply 7May 7, 2024 7:41 PM

R7, you’re still a cunt and alway will be.

by Anonymousreply 8May 7, 2024 10:20 PM

Could we maybe talk about, I don't know, the case???

by Anonymousreply 9May 7, 2024 10:27 PM

[quote] I’m surprised there was no traction on this thread.

It's because everyone knows what an asshole the OP is.

by Anonymousreply 10May 7, 2024 10:35 PM

This is a local case and it's become very polarizing.

Karen Read (who I believe is innocent) is a problem because she looks and acts like an annoyed bitch in front of the cameras.

Given the dead boyfriends' injuries, it is impossible that he was killed by a backing up Lexus. You don't get the back of your head cracked open by a tail light. Ms. Read was blackout drunk and remembers very little of it.

The cops (who claim he was never inside the house) did this. Or maybe it was the nephew they claim was not there. The dead guy also had dog bites on his body. And they won't release his autopsy/cause of death.

This case will be a great episode on 48 Hours.

by Anonymousreply 11May 7, 2024 10:57 PM

Damn OP, I was going to get some things done today, but now I have to go down this rabbit hole.

by Anonymousreply 12May 7, 2024 11:08 PM

Check this out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 8, 2024 1:00 AM

This burg is run by some Corleone type family bunch who own the house where the incident occurred. They're pulling the strings -

by Anonymousreply 14May 8, 2024 7:49 PM

One witness just suddenly got on the stand and remembered seeing a body...

Yannetti followed up by asking why, if Nagel realized that it might have been a body the next day, she didn't call 911 or police at that point. And she also acknowledged that her testimony Tuesday -- 2-1/2 years after she saw it -- was the first time she ever mentioned that the object she saw was 5-6 feet long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 15, 2024 2:01 PM

Does this case remind anyone of Laurie Bembenek?

by Anonymousreply 16May 15, 2024 3:29 PM

The family is claiming the victim never entered the house.

The victim was bitten by a dog that was inside the house.

The injuries to the back of the victims head could not have been caused by a backing up vehicle.

Crucial blood evidence was collected 24 hours after using red solo cups.

There's a lot more but just these three things are more than enough for reasonable doubt.

Again, Karen Read is really angry and doesn't hide it well. While I believe she is being gaslighted, she comes off badly on camera.

The remaining problem is proving what actually did happen. It happened in the house and the family is lying. Just waiting for one of them to crack or mess up their testimony.

by Anonymousreply 17May 15, 2024 6:16 PM

Brian Albert (the homeowner) was on the stand the other day, and claimed he not only "butt dialed" someone in the dead of night, but also somehow ANSWERED a call with his butt. But never actually spoke to anyone, of course, because, you know, nothing to talk about that night. No siree. And his wife has no idea how HER phone answered two calls that morning!

These people in their fifties who "party" with their adult children are pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 18May 15, 2024 7:15 PM

My friends in Canton have told me that the Albert family is notorious for their bad behavior.

There's a nephew involved who is a violent nutbag and he had a prior beef with the victim.

And the non release of the autopsy is another red flag. It would show the dog bite.

by Anonymousreply 19May 15, 2024 7:46 PM

Not guilty

by Anonymousreply 20May 15, 2024 8:34 PM

I have never heard so many "I don't remember" or "I can't recall" - even to the most mundane things! Does the whole fucking town have AMNESIA??!!

by Anonymousreply 21May 15, 2024 11:00 PM

Is there a video summarizing this case?

by Anonymousreply 22May 15, 2024 11:29 PM

Although she has a terrible case of resting bitch face, I don’t believe she hit him with the car. The behavior of the people in the house explains it all.

by Anonymousreply 23May 15, 2024 11:57 PM

R22, I think your best bet would be to listen to the opening statements in this case, and then go from there. There are an INSANE amount of people involved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 16, 2024 2:08 AM

R22, and then as you are learning more about the case, this might be very helpful (although there are probably a few mistakes or typos in it).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 16, 2024 2:10 AM

If a movie ever gets made about this, Carey Mulligan would be perfect to play Karen.

by Anonymousreply 26May 16, 2024 5:24 AM

The defense is just DEMOLISHING these witnesses with phone data. Li'l Colin Albert and his cousin who picked him up that night used to text each other constantly, but after that night, no texts whatsoever... for a month.

by Anonymousreply 27May 16, 2024 7:54 PM

Group texts around 2:49:00

Matt McCabe: "Tell them the guy never went into house, correct?"

Brian Albert: "Exactly."

BOOM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 18, 2024 8:11 PM

She looks like Iggy Pop from certain angles.

by Anonymousreply 29May 18, 2024 8:16 PM

How long before it all crumbles?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 20, 2024 2:18 PM

Jennifer McCabe is a walking, talking, Datalounge-"frau" stereotype, R30. Well, I hope they let her bring her mug to prison, because she's going to be doing a LOT of cradling.

by Anonymousreply 31May 20, 2024 6:10 PM

R24, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 32May 20, 2024 6:15 PM

Guilty

by Anonymousreply 33May 20, 2024 6:34 PM

If Cecily Strong lost weight she would be perfect to play Jennifer McCabe in the evitable tv movie or miniseries about the case.

by Anonymousreply 34May 20, 2024 8:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 7, 2024 8:34 PM

Carrie Mulligan is too soft. You need more of an Anna Kendrick.

by Anonymousreply 36June 7, 2024 9:10 PM

R35, Turtle Boy is crazy, but I can't help laughing at some of the things he does. His attempted recreation of Brian Albert's butt dial (while furiously humping a Raggedy Ann doll that represented Nicole) had me in stitches.

by Anonymousreply 37June 8, 2024 12:27 AM

Please, please end this trial and come to a verdict soon. I can’t take this bored-looking bleached blonde’s smirking face photographed the same way each freaking day in the news media posts that cannot be escaped! 😖

by Anonymousreply 38June 8, 2024 1:18 AM

R38 Auntie Bev?

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2024 2:25 AM

Karen is innocent . She is being framed.

Turtle Boy is a nutter but in this case he's absolutely right.

by Anonymousreply 40June 8, 2024 9:01 AM

I’ve been following this story with incredulity. At first I was convinced Read did it. She’d been fighting with the cop boyfriend, O’Keefe (who was not only a real cutie but seemingly a great guy - a bachelor who took in his sister’s pre-teen kids when she and her husband died in their 30’s within 3 or 4 months of each other) for months and is shown on video having at least nine drinks on video at two bars that evening. One of my doctors lives in Canton and told me the whole town is split in half over it to the point where even kids in school feel like they have to take sides. Everyone involved seems to be a cop or cop-adjacent: so far we have retired Boston cops, Canton cops, MA State troopers, an ATF agent, the FBI, and the US Attorney’s office investigating everyone else. And some of ‘em are lying because they’re not all on the same page with their testimony.

The Turtleboy angle is fun, too. He’s a “Citizen Blogger” with both a hard-on for the cops and lots of opportunities to fuck them over by reporting on their foibles: so far including his story on a Worcester drug case where the arrestee, a judge’s daughter, offered to blow the Statie in the cruiser if he could make the case go away (he wouldn’t, even when the DA’s office tried to get him to change his report) led to the firing of the head of the State Police and the unexpected retirement of several senior members of the State Police command staff. He’s also busted at least one local police chief for trying to meet up with an alleged 14 year old boy at a Burger King and rips the cops every chance he gets. And he gets lots of chances: the Massachusetts State Police are a joke all too often. They’ve returned the favor: Turtleboy spent 60 days in jail this winter for “witness intimidation” in the Read case and now the state is slow-walking the case to prolong T-boy’s discomfort. He’s hardly a martyr, but it’s fun to watch if you’re not him.

When the trial started, I was sure she was guilty. Her lawyer’s doing what he’s supposed to do: creating reasonable doubt in the midst of a shitshow. I read where his fee is $50,000 and can’t believe that’s all. The defense has managed to turn out her supporters with some professional-looking placards, she arrives in a blacked-out SUV for court, and has done an incredible PR job to sway public opinion. My guess is that he has a deal with Dateline or one of the true-crime shows for when the trial is over. If he’s only getting $50 grand to defend her she got the deal of a lifetime assuming she’s found not guilty.

by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2024 1:12 PM

R41 So did she do it?

by Anonymousreply 42June 8, 2024 2:00 PM

When the defense shows how the victims' body would have to be positioned to sustain massive injuries to the BACK of his skull from a vehicle backing up...........

Karen didn't do it but that leaves us with a vacuum. Who did do it? It was obviously somebody in the house and they're all covering.

All that aside, Turtle Boy gets his name from an infamous statue behind Worcester City hall. It's really quite beautiful but it is a boy fucking a turtle.

by Anonymousreply 43June 8, 2024 2:02 PM

R43, I'm sure it started because Brian Higgins was upset about Karen Read rejecting him in favor of staying with O'Keefe, but as for who actually beat O'Keefe up, who knows? Probably multiple people, but we'll never know unless someone turns.

by Anonymousreply 44June 8, 2024 2:33 PM

Despite all appearances and a century of salacious suggestions, R43, he’s riding the turtle, not fucking it.

by Anonymousreply 45June 8, 2024 3:01 PM

I lived and worked in Worcester for 3 years. I wouldn't recommend it.

The statue in question is actually a fountain but it's always broken.

The Boy is thrusting his hips into the backside of the turtle. I guess that's a kind of riding.

The gay wise ass sculptor did this on purpose to fool the dumb. Like the emperor's new clothes.

He committed suicide after finishing the model.

by Anonymousreply 46June 8, 2024 3:27 PM

R46 That's so Worcester.

by Anonymousreply 47June 8, 2024 5:07 PM

R46: "The Boy is thrusting his hips into the backside of the turtle. I guess that's a kind of riding."

Thank you for the laugh! Yes, it's the placement that's the problem. Who the hell rides a turtle by sitting that far back? You'd immediately fall off.

Anyway, why is court only in session like, three days a week? Why not Monday through Friday? And what do you all think about the theory that the commonwealth WANTS to lose this case and just be done with it?

by Anonymousreply 48June 8, 2024 6:16 PM

This thing is so boring.

by Anonymousreply 49June 8, 2024 8:11 PM

The defense is actually proving the guilt of the witnesses now. Lots of LE is going to prison. This is a time bomb.

by Anonymousreply 50June 9, 2024 4:19 PM

This case highlights why many people will never completely trust LE.

by Anonymousreply 51June 9, 2024 5:37 PM

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtleboy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 9, 2024 6:06 PM

"This thing is so boring."

R49, it sure won't be boring once the defense starts calling their witnesses. I am waiting with bated breath!

by Anonymousreply 53June 9, 2024 6:06 PM

It seems that the victim, who was a cop, was friends with all the other cops. What would have been their motive to beat him up and leave him to die in the snow?

by Anonymousreply 54June 9, 2024 7:42 PM

One of them (Brian Higgins) had a flirtation with Karen Read that didn't go anywhere, R54. Well, they kissed once, but that was it. Then she cut him off and "canoodled" with O'Keefe at the bar, clearly signaling that no action was forthcoming.

I don't think anyone meant to kill O'Keefe; they wanted to kick his ass and it went too far.

by Anonymousreply 55June 9, 2024 9:08 PM

Rumor is that the FBI got John's DNA from the basement door frame somehow. Somebody is going to sing.

by Anonymousreply 56June 10, 2024 12:20 PM

He was definitely in the house. They are all lying.

After the murder, the basement of the house was "renovated" and the house sold quickly.

The dog was "re-homed"shortly after.

Somebody will crack.

by Anonymousreply 57June 10, 2024 2:04 PM

Chief "investigator" Proctor has taken the stand.

If only Karen Read could somehow SOFTEN that hatchet face!!

by Anonymousreply 58June 10, 2024 5:09 PM

Jeezus: Mass State Police Investigator Proctor testified that he called Read a C*U*N*T in a text by spelling it out in court. The judge made him say it as a word. He texted "high school buddies" that he was going through her phone "looking for nudes" as he was texting them. The police get warrants to search a phone. Do the cops think they're somehow immune? The prosecution is fucked whether she killed O'Keefe or not if they're relying on his testimony.

The Staties here aren't very smart, but how stupid can someone be texting shit like that on a work phone, about a case you're working on?

by Anonymousreply 59June 10, 2024 11:13 PM

Four minutes of future inmate Jennifer McCabe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 11, 2024 5:17 PM

I can't wait until they're all charged and hauled before judges, R60. FEDERAL judges. What a glorious sight that will be!

I wish gay Brian Albert Jr. would be the one to turn and take them all down. Really stick it to Daddy for favoring straight Cousin Colin.

by Anonymousreply 61June 11, 2024 5:26 PM

I hope the defense is planning to call Karen's father; he drove her SUV with her in it back to his house the following morning. There is video of them both getting out and looking at the tail light. I think he would be a credible witness.

by Anonymousreply 62June 11, 2024 6:17 PM

"Do you like girls who shit themselves?"

by Anonymousreply 63June 12, 2024 2:11 PM

Good God, the Commonwealth’s lead investigator, Trooper Proctor, is destroying their case this morning. The jury (seated and alternates) is 6 males and 10 females. The majority of the women are said to be 50 years of age or older. They heard him call her a cunt, joke about her ass, her accent, and her bowels. I’m sure they’re impressed.

by Anonymousreply 64June 12, 2024 4:49 PM

"Yes, your honor... I'm sorry, your honor... Of course, your honor..." Proctor sure knows how to respect a woman when it's HIS ass on the line, doesn't he? Vile pig.

by Anonymousreply 65June 12, 2024 6:09 PM

Evidently Karen Read had undergone several bowel surgeries for some GI condition, resulting in this pig making fun of her "leaky balloon knot."

LEAKY BALLOON KNOT!

by Anonymousreply 66June 13, 2024 12:32 AM

The vic's DNA was found on the broken pieces of her taillight. She did it. Whether it was intentional remains to be determined. They are all low-IQ assholes. They were all shitfaced drunk that night.

Nevertheless, have become addicted to this case (hello, SlumsOfCupertino!"), thanks to this thread. And now I find myself in Boston visiting in-laws for a few weeks. The trial is covered by every local news station in excruciating detail. It feels like I'm eating an entire bag of cheap cookies every day and feeling sick AND guilty for indulging. But all the white trash Boston accents are delicious!

My partner's brother is a retired fireman. His wife worked for a local school district. We're invited to their place for a "Cookout" (aka BBQ) this weekend and I can't wait to hear their take on this!

by Anonymousreply 67June 14, 2024 2:03 AM

R67: "The vic's DNA was found on the broken pieces of her taillight. She did it."

...because God knows that cops who have lied about literally EVERY. OTHER. THING. in this case would never lie about planting DNA on broken pieces of taillight!

by Anonymousreply 68June 14, 2024 3:37 AM

R67 Oh, sweetheart...

by Anonymousreply 69June 14, 2024 5:18 AM

What does Vic mean?

by Anonymousreply 70June 14, 2024 5:55 AM

The victim, in this case the late Officer O’Keefe

by Anonymousreply 71June 14, 2024 11:47 AM

R68 They wouldn’t have to plant any DNA. SOP for a traffic stop is for the cop to touch the taillight, proving with their fingerprint they made the stop. It’s habitual - my guess is that he touched the taillight dozens of times as he got in or out of her SUV (as he did the night he died) out of habit.

Also, DNA technology can tell investigators where someone was but not when.

by Anonymousreply 72June 14, 2024 12:09 PM

Oh, thank God Sherlock has arrived in this thread to clear things up.

by Anonymousreply 73June 14, 2024 12:15 PM

I don't believe a word coming out of the police investigation at this point.

Somebody ( or multiple somebodies ) is going to jail .

It's not Karen.

by Anonymousreply 74June 14, 2024 12:40 PM

The residents of Canton are commenting on the PD’s Facebook page extensively.

They don’t seem to be very supportive of their boys in blue. I wonder why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 18, 2024 12:31 PM

Karens phone googled "how long to die in the snow" . She is GUILTY

by Anonymousreply 76June 18, 2024 12:38 PM

McCabe testified Reed asked her to look up how long it took to die in the snow on her (McCabe’s) phone according to McCabe’s testimony last month.

Has that changed?

by Anonymousreply 77June 18, 2024 12:49 PM

No, R77. The search was on McCabe's phone.

by Anonymousreply 78June 18, 2024 1:21 PM

McCabe has suddenly remembered that Karen said "I hit him!" 3 times during recent testimony.

She was interviewed 18 times and this never came up until now. The EMT she allegedly said this in front of does not remember her doing so. She is flat out making shit up. And Karen Read has to sit there and listen to this.

The defense has created more than enough reasonable doubt for acquittal.

Not a shill but there's a great podcast covering the case: The 13th Juror.

Also, Sue O'Connell, a local lesbian and coyote enthusiast, is doing Canton Confidential. Sue is the editor of Bay Windows (among other stuff) and has a real gift for breaking all of this down to the facts and the totally sketchy timeline.

by Anonymousreply 79June 18, 2024 1:51 PM

I was driving on the Mass Puke on Sunday and, at an overpass, there were people holding a “Free Karen Read” banner.

by Anonymousreply 80June 18, 2024 2:19 PM

*Pike, goddamit.

Though it is kind of a puke road nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 81June 18, 2024 2:20 PM

The actual text read “hos long to die in the snow,” which I find very poignant.

by Anonymousreply 82June 18, 2024 5:53 PM

The defense at last!!!

by Anonymousreply 83June 21, 2024 6:35 PM

It's in the hands of the jury now.

In the meantime, Turtleboy was assaulted on Sunday night in Canton by two people connected to the Alberts. "Cellphone video shot by Kearney's girlfriend shows the confrontation, which includes a woman approaching Kearney and ripping his phone out of his hands. She confronts him, saying "enough is enough," calling him names, cursing at bystanders and saying that he is harassing her family, referring to the Alberts."

"Canton police confirmed on Monday that two Canton residents have been charged with assault and battery on Kearney after Sunday's scuffle. They were identified as Jillian Daniels and James Farris. Daniels has ties to the Albert family, and according to statements made in court by Trooper Michael Proctor, the former lead investigator of the case, Daniels is also close friends with his sister, Courtney. NBC10 Boston has attempted to reach out to Daniels for comment and have not heard back. Farris told NBC10 Boston he had no comment on the situation."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 26, 2024 1:41 AM

R84 Yeah, he went there to start something for publicity.

Interwebs says the FBI has the goods but will wait until it's over. What would it take for one of them to break down and sing? It's a family.

by Anonymousreply 85June 26, 2024 1:52 AM

I actually thought Lally (for the prosecution) did as well as anyone possibly could with this weak case in his closing argument, but it's too little, way too late. Jackson (for the defense) was terrific as expected.

by Anonymousreply 86June 26, 2024 2:28 AM

Lally bombed. It was clear his heart just wasn't in it. He mumbled and rambled, finally being cut off by the judge.

That defense lawyer is who I would want if I ever got into big trouble. Brilliant.

Karen is innocent and John was not killed by a backing vehicle but beaten in the house and left out in the snow by that awful family.

Turtle boy is an asshat but this is his big moment. And he's right. Good for him. These people need to be held up for their bullshit.

When Karen is acquitted I hope the FBI really does have the goods on those who are actually guilty and they are exposed.

Jennifer McCabe especially. And Proctor.

by Anonymousreply 87June 26, 2024 11:36 AM

Alan Jackson defended Kevin Spacey in his Nantucket trial. He has a 96% success rate defending trials in front of a jury.

by Anonymousreply 88June 26, 2024 5:32 PM

I'm pretty sure Kevin was guilty.

by Anonymousreply 89June 26, 2024 7:35 PM

I thought Karen was guilty before the trial.

After Jackson’s closing argument I don’t know if she is or isn’t but I’ll be surprised if she’s found guilty.

by Anonymousreply 90June 26, 2024 7:47 PM

The Commonwealth has to prove Read killed O'Keefe beyond a reasonable doubt.

"Beyond reasonable doubt" is considered to be one of the highest standards of proof in criminal law, and it ensures that individuals are not convicted unless their guilt has been proven beyond any possible question.

That's has not been proven here. She'll walk.

by Anonymousreply 91June 27, 2024 2:27 AM

[quote] "Beyond reasonable doubt" is considered to be one of the highest standards of proof in criminal law, and it ensures that individuals are not convicted unless their guilt has been proven beyond any possible question.

Beyond A reasonable doubt is ONLY standard of proof in a US criminal case. It does not mean "beyond any possible question."

by Anonymousreply 92June 27, 2024 4:01 AM

Brilliant defense. I think she did it while in a drunken (and justifiable) rage, but the sleazy drunken cop cronies and their families interfered, casting sufficient doubt. Karen will walk.

I'm retired and admittedly am slowing down intellectually. These stupid murder trials keep me entertained.

by Anonymousreply 93June 27, 2024 4:17 AM

I think she did it. Nothing else really makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 94June 27, 2024 4:31 AM

Drunken, jealous, enraged straight guys are not known for their "sense", R94.

by Anonymousreply 95June 27, 2024 4:49 AM

I just hope the jury doesn't hang. They will certainly retry her and there will be no Alan Jackson this time around.

by Anonymousreply 96June 27, 2024 4:31 PM

I’m surprised there was no traction on this thread.

Nobody cares. Is it a mass shooting? No. Is it mysterious? No. Is it a run-of-the-mill crime of which there are dozens every day on podcasts and cable tv shows? Yes.

by Anonymousreply 97June 27, 2024 4:51 PM

It's NOT mysterious, R97? I think it's pretty damn mysterious since we STILL don't know what happened in that house.

by Anonymousreply 98June 27, 2024 4:55 PM

I've marginally followed this case. Injuries from a beating are very different from those sustained getting hit by a car. Didn't the coroner's report make this clear?

by Anonymousreply 99June 27, 2024 4:58 PM

R91 R92 Massachusetts also includes the phrase "to a moral certainty".

R94 Sweet summer child...

by Anonymousreply 100June 27, 2024 7:06 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101June 27, 2024 7:09 PM

[Quote] This is a local case and it's become very polarizing.

Is it in Alaska?

by Anonymousreply 102June 27, 2024 7:16 PM

R102 Should I put on sunglasses?

by Anonymousreply 103June 27, 2024 7:20 PM

[Quote] I just hope the jury doesn't hang.

Me too! There will need to be a mass murder investigation!

by Anonymousreply 104June 27, 2024 7:21 PM

R99, One of the officer victim’s arms was covered in dog bites.

by Anonymousreply 105June 27, 2024 7:24 PM

R104 If there is, Rose, you can count on the Massachusetts State Police to fuck it up.

by Anonymousreply 106June 27, 2024 7:25 PM

There only WAS one officer victim, R105. John O'Keefe.

by Anonymousreply 107June 27, 2024 7:47 PM

R107, The “one” referred to his one arm, numb nuts.

by Anonymousreply 108June 27, 2024 8:06 PM

Jury sending subtle hints?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 27, 2024 8:29 PM

I watched this trial , they got her dead to rights , she's guilty.

by Anonymousreply 110June 27, 2024 10:26 PM

The accident reconstruction guy the defense put on didn't change your mind at all?

I am positive she didn't do it after that.

by Anonymousreply 111June 28, 2024 7:15 AM

He was not killed by a vehicle, he was beaten.

by Anonymousreply 112June 28, 2024 10:29 AM

Jury is GOING TO HANG!!! Note was just sent out to the judge -

She'll send them back, but this is not a good sign!!

by Anonymousreply 113June 28, 2024 4:17 PM

Judge took like two minutes to send them back!

by Anonymousreply 114June 28, 2024 4:20 PM

Will there be a retrial if there’s a hung jury?

How much has this trial already cost the taxpayers?

by Anonymousreply 115June 28, 2024 4:40 PM

Answer: 1. Yes. 2. A fortune.

She will be out on bond while awaiting a new trial.

by Anonymousreply 116June 28, 2024 4:53 PM

Defense can move for a dismissal with prejudice (after a hung jury). Judge would probably deny that motion and give the prosecutor another chance to try to prove its case.

by Anonymousreply 117June 28, 2024 5:02 PM

A few years ago (just before Covid) I served a six month term as a grand juror - 6 men, 6 women. Our responsibility was simply to decide whether or not to issue an indictment (known as a "true bill") rather than to decide guilt or innocence. However, it was still a life changing experience for me - not only for the incredible array of crimes we looked at, from the relatively minor to the hideous, but the staggering stupidity of two of the male jurors, who drove us all NUTS. They were completely obstructive and oppositional in every way, asking stupid and irrelevant questions and were a nightmare to work with. Thankfully in many cases we were allowed to render a majority vote and not a unanimous vote, but not always. Our foreperson was a bright and intelligent woman who was nearly brought to tears numerous times trying to deal with these morons.

I feel sorry for these jurors - people are ASSHOLES. And if one or two of them are obstreperously digging in their heels, it's only going to get worse.

It got to a point where I could not stand the sight of these two assholes. If I had had a baseball bat I would cheerfully have used it.

by Anonymousreply 118June 28, 2024 5:05 PM

R118, I hear what you're saying, but wasn't this a pretty confusing case (Karen Read)?

Are you saying that Read's jury should have been able to make a unanimous guilty verdict?

by Anonymousreply 119June 28, 2024 5:22 PM

After the VERY accomplished experts who testified for the defense, yes, they should have unanimously come to a not guilty verdict, R119. We're not just talking about the gossipy "butt dial" testimony of "townies" here. These are experts in their fields who are not being paid by the defense, never had face-to-face contact with the defense before their court appearances, and have no dog in this fight.

by Anonymousreply 120June 28, 2024 6:20 PM

R118 here - this case is grossly overcharged - the State threw in everything but the kitchen sink in order to get some kind of guilty verdict! That jury has THREE verdict slips to plow through and decide what, if anything, applies!

by Anonymousreply 121June 28, 2024 6:52 PM

These are from an SUV?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 28, 2024 7:26 PM

R111 the accident guy wasnt given all the evidence like the glass in his shirt and the brakelight pieces. The cross of the witness basically exposed this , it was a brilliant cross.

by Anonymousreply 123June 28, 2024 10:51 PM

Read to filth.

by Anonymousreply 124June 28, 2024 11:31 PM

[quote] After the VERY accomplished experts who testified for the defense, yes, they should have unanimously come to a not guilty verdict, [R119].

OK thanks R120. I thought R118 was saying that the jury should have been able to deliver a unanimous "GUILTY" verdict. You're saying a "not guilty" verdict. I didn't follow the trial very much, but it sounded like the defense poked some holes into the prosecutor's case.

by Anonymousreply 125June 29, 2024 12:03 AM

Alan Jackson prosecuted Phil Spector and got a conviction.

by Anonymousreply 126June 29, 2024 12:28 AM

Wow, didn't know that. He must've been kind of young when he prosecuted Spector. That was a while ago.

by Anonymousreply 127June 29, 2024 12:32 AM

R126, Alan Jackson also defended Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 128June 29, 2024 12:42 AM

Harvey Weinstein's conviction also got overturned on appeal.

by Anonymousreply 129June 29, 2024 1:39 AM

How can she afford Jackson?

by Anonymousreply 130June 29, 2024 5:46 AM

Judge has just declared a mistrial and released jury.

After 25 hours, nimrod idiot jurors could not reach a verdict.

by Anonymousreply 131July 1, 2024 6:43 PM

It was just announced that she will be retried.

by Anonymousreply 132July 1, 2024 6:58 PM

Looks like this broad bout to pull a Casey Anthony.

by Anonymousreply 133July 1, 2024 7:23 PM

I highly, highly doubt that will actually happen, R132. The federal investigation won't uncover anything new about her, but God only knows what it will uncover about the "McAlberts". Time is on Karen Read's side.

by Anonymousreply 134July 1, 2024 7:29 PM

Has anyone read anything trustworthy about what the jury split was? All I've heard has been rumor.

by Anonymousreply 135July 1, 2024 11:40 PM

Video was aired on Boston newscasts of Karen and her lawyer Alan Jackson partying in a club and his hands were all over her.

And everyone was wondering how she could afford him.

by Anonymousreply 136July 2, 2024 12:28 AM

That wasn't Alan Jackson in the video, R136. It did look like Karen, though.

by Anonymousreply 137July 2, 2024 12:43 AM

R137, Yes, it was Alan Jackson in the video with Karen, confirmed by numerous media outlets.

Their faces are clearly visible. Are you blind?

by Anonymousreply 138July 2, 2024 12:50 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 139July 2, 2024 1:02 AM

R138, if you think Alan Jackson, of all people, is DUMB enough to hang all over a female client in a public place... Oh, and please link to your very reliable "media outlets" that confirmed it was him.

by Anonymousreply 140July 2, 2024 1:04 AM

R140, He wasn’t aware he was being recorded, you stupid cunt.

We’re talking about a man who previously defended Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey, an attention whore.

Boston channels 4, 5, 7, 10 and NECN all aired the video and certified that it was him, moron.

by Anonymousreply 141July 2, 2024 1:14 AM

I see updates on the local news every night. Framed! says she.

by Anonymousreply 142July 2, 2024 1:23 AM

Then link their stories, R141. Go ahead, link them, so that we can hear the reporters say "certified".

by Anonymousreply 143July 2, 2024 1:46 AM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144July 2, 2024 6:32 AM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 3, 2024 10:38 AM

R145

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 4, 2024 11:26 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147July 4, 2024 6:06 PM

Has anyone seen or heard from R143?

by Anonymousreply 148July 4, 2024 7:45 PM

Jesus Fucking Christmas, would you two get a room?

Who the fuck cares what her relationship is with her attorney?

by Anonymousreply 149July 4, 2024 8:25 PM

Like r118, I also served on a grand jury. Mine was in Suffolk County, Mass, just north of Canton. Unlike r118, mine only lasted 3 months and was idiot-free, though not every one of the 20-something jury was particularly interested in doing the best job. At least they weren’t obstructionist.

I remember one case a particular ADA brought to us. The case involved a woman’s daughter claiming her mom’s bf sexually assaulted her. The ADA had carefully scheduled the testimony and presentation in order to best tell the story, but no part of it passed the smell test that this daughter was some whiny brat looking to exact revenge on her evil stepdad-to-be.

Out of 100-or-so cases, and 600+ charges, it was the only “no bill” we handed down. The ADA couldn’t believe it and was beside herself in irritation at us.

I imagine that’s what the DAs in the Read case are doing. Overcharging the defendant is kind of a contra-indication in just how weak their case is. But they didn’t see it, because they had such tunnel-vision.

by Anonymousreply 150July 4, 2024 8:29 PM

Are any of the people involved gay? I would like to write a mini-series on this case.

by Anonymousreply 151July 6, 2024 12:52 PM

R149, The dead cop’s family, the judge, the jury, etc.

by Anonymousreply 152July 6, 2024 1:17 PM

R152, why?

by Anonymousreply 153July 6, 2024 1:46 PM

Is it illegal for her to be schtuping her defense attorney? If not, then the only people who would care are the dead cop's family and the lawyer's wife. The former would think it's another example of Read getting away with shit.

by Anonymousreply 154July 6, 2024 1:50 PM

R154, You don’t believe at least some of the unsequestered jurors might be offended if they were aware that the defendant on trial for murdering her boyfriend was fucking her married high profile lawyer?

The judge made her animosity toward the defendant known in the courtroom, admonishing her openly for what the judge deemed inappropriate courtroom behavior.

by Anonymousreply 155July 6, 2024 2:04 PM

R155: Was it Beverly Supthin-like inappropriate behavior or something else. Beverly was the mom in “Serial Mom”.

by Anonymousreply 156July 6, 2024 2:19 PM

R156

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 6, 2024 2:56 PM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158July 6, 2024 3:01 PM

[quote] You don’t believe at least some of the unsequestered jurors might be offended if they were aware that the defendant on trial for murdering her boyfriend was fucking her married high profile lawyer?

It’s completely irrelevant, frau.

by Anonymousreply 159July 6, 2024 3:19 PM

So are you, R159.

by Anonymousreply 160July 6, 2024 3:38 PM

R159 is another nominee for Cunt of the Month.

by Anonymousreply 161July 6, 2024 3:39 PM

[quote] You don’t believe at least some of the unsequestered jurors might be offended if they were aware that the defendant on trial for murdering her boyfriend was fucking her married high profile lawyer?

Are there pictures of them fucking now? All I saw was a public celebration that got handsy.

by Anonymousreply 162July 6, 2024 3:50 PM

They tried it—framing Karen Read for murder. The Mass State Police are organized criminals.

by Anonymousreply 163July 7, 2024 4:41 AM

And R64 he said in that same group text that he was going through her phone looking for nudes. Her defense lawyer asked, “do you look for male suspects’ nudes?”

by Anonymousreply 164July 7, 2024 4:50 AM

Plot twist: the Google search was from inside the house. 😱

by Anonymousreply 165July 7, 2024 5:32 AM

[quote] I remember one case a particular ADA brought to us. The case involved a woman’s daughter claiming her mom’s bf sexually assaulted her. The ADA had carefully scheduled the testimony and presentation in order to best tell the story, but no part of it passed the smell test that this daughter was some whiny brat looking to exact revenge on her evil stepdad-to-be.

R150, how old was the daughter?

by Anonymousreply 166July 7, 2024 6:07 AM

I'm betting that a retrial is doubtful, this was an immediate knee-jerk statement to save face.

Once the FBI gets involved (and they have been) and their case is made, the cabal in Canton is going to be exposed.

Remember, the feds are investigating the cops and were helping the defense. They know what happened.

I would not be surprised if one or more of the complicit troopers are found dead after a "gun cleaning" mishap.

I ride in Milton and the rich ladies at the barn are all over this. They're pretty well connected, love to talk to the gay guy and I share the good stuff here.

Again, Karen Read is pretty unlikeable but she didn't kill anyone.

by Anonymousreply 167July 7, 2024 2:45 PM

Historically, a small percentage of mistrials are retried.

by Anonymousreply 168July 7, 2024 3:14 PM

I think Higgins arrived after Okeafe..they had words outside, about Karen and got unto a fight that Higgins won. Then Higgins hid john in his car, did a sweep around of the driveway and went inside. When he left a while later, once everyone had arrived, he dumped the body, and he went back to the station to swap cars. All while drunk.

by Anonymousreply 169July 7, 2024 3:51 PM

R169, When and where did the dog attack O’Keefe’s body?

by Anonymousreply 170July 7, 2024 4:17 PM

[quote] Historically, a small percentage of mistrials are retried.

Huh? For serious cases, like murder, it happens all the time.

by Anonymousreply 171July 7, 2024 4:19 PM

R171, Not often in Massachusetts. There won’t be a retrial of Karen Read, trust me.

by Anonymousreply 172July 7, 2024 4:25 PM

His watch shows him walking up and down stairs. There are no stairs in the front yard of most homes in Canton.

This one thing for me proves without a doubt he was in the house.

The rest is a house of cards built on that lie.

by Anonymousreply 173July 7, 2024 4:58 PM

Haha r146, r147. Own that cunt. I do think some people on DL have personality disorders and argue just to argue.

by Anonymousreply 174July 7, 2024 5:41 PM

R164, don’t police need a warrant to go through a suspect’s phone? Did O’Keefe have a warrant when he was texting his bald-headed buddies and their families about the contents of Karen Read’s phone?

by Anonymousreply 175July 8, 2024 2:39 AM

It is unbelievable what police are able to get away with, even in a liberal state with educated people like MA.

by Anonymousreply 176July 8, 2024 2:40 AM

Luckily the FBI got involved from jump. Probably because there’s widespread suspicion of MSP and constant vigilance to get them on conspiracy and corruption charges.

by Anonymousreply 177July 8, 2024 2:43 AM

R175, Proctor is the bald thumb who called Read a cunt, talked about her leaky balloon knot, searched her phone for nudes to share, and has been dismissed after his disastrous performance. O’keefe is the bald cop who was bitten by a dog and beat to death by the Alberts.

by Anonymousreply 178July 8, 2024 2:46 AM

R174 = [R146], [R147]

by Anonymousreply 179July 8, 2024 2:47 AM

Isn’t the whole thing kind of moot since the Albert mom googled “how long to die in the cold?” at 3 am—hours before the supposed “discovery” of O’Keefe’s body?

by Anonymousreply 180July 8, 2024 2:49 AM

Maura Healy should be ashamed of herself. Lesbians are annoying sometimes because they are such moralistic goody goodys but at least you can usually count on them to do the right thing and stay on the case.

by Anonymousreply 181July 8, 2024 2:52 AM

So many dumb, corrupt, bald thumb cops to keep track of!

by Anonymousreply 182July 8, 2024 2:54 AM

Brian Higgins testified Tuesday that he got rid of his cellphone in 2022 after he received a call from the target of an investigation he was working on and learned that his personal phone number was posted on the internet.

Higgins, an agent with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, testified that receiving a call from the target of an investigation in July 2022 gave him pause.

“I had a lot of concerns, so July of ’22 is when I probably started thinking about, ‘You know what, I’ve got to get rid of the telephone number itself,’” he said.

Higgins confirmed he eventually changed his personal phone number on Sept. 29, 2022 — one day before he received a court order to preserve the phone, which Karen Read’s lawyers were seeking as evidence. Higgins testified that he learned the defense motion had been denied in October and got rid of his old phone “about two months after that,” because it was “beaten” and he’d already gotten a new one.

Answering questions from defense attorney David Yannetti, Higgins confirmed that he never received anything in writing canceling or lifting the preservation order for his phone, nor did he consult anyone before disposing of the device. He testified that he didn’t know whether he removed the SIM card when he got rid of his phone but said that if he did do so, he either cut the SIM card or broke it.

“Then you drove to a military base and you threw both the destroyed SIM card and the phone into a dumpster, didn’t you?” Yannetti asked.

Higgins confirmed he was driving through a military base on Cape Cod and said he believed he put the destroyed SIM card and phone into a dumpster there.

He further testified that he didn’t transfer anything from his old phone to his new one, including photos, videos, and possible text messages with members of the Albert family, who owned 34 Fairview Road at the time. On redirect, Higgins told Assistant District Attorney Adam Lally he didn’t have much saved on his personal phone to begin with.

“In the sense that I’m divorced, I don’t have kids, I didn’t have the typical memories that somebody would’ve had on their phone that they wanted to preserve,” Higgins said.

He explained that he occasionally threw trash away at the military base if he was there to get gas or visit the duty free shop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183July 8, 2024 3:04 AM

People have to revolt. The nepotism, corruption, grifting, bullying, homophobia, racism, misogyny of police cannot be tolerated in a democracy.

by Anonymousreply 184July 8, 2024 3:06 AM

Not and expect the continuing support of the State Police Association of Massachusetts, the State Trooper's union, R181. Unlike municipal cops who are more responsive to local concerns, the State Police are far more insulated from oversight. The FBI (as R177 above notes) have plenty to look at, but part of their motivation is the Boston FBI's office attempts to get back at the MSP from the days when the FBI's John Connolly was running Whitey Bulger and the State Police couldn't touch him.

As a former Massachusetts AG, time after time she let the Staties off the hook when they should have (and would have anywhere else) been shitcanned before the day was over. If she had any guts she'd turn the force over from top to bottom. She doesn't and unless she has a come-to-Jesus moment, she never will.

by Anonymousreply 185July 8, 2024 3:10 AM

In the old days, "bald thumb" cops used to be called fire hydrants.

by Anonymousreply 186July 8, 2024 4:02 AM

What reason did the FBI give for getting involved in tge case?

by Anonymousreply 187July 8, 2024 6:54 AM

R171 I think many of the decisions of whether to retry depend on what margin the jury hung by. 11-1, 10-2 for guilty, those are probably automatic retrials. Once you get into 7-5 or 6-6 territory, it becomes a budgetary calculation of throwing good money after bad.

by Anonymousreply 188July 8, 2024 8:02 AM

R188, After 68 witnesses over 9 weeks, the prosecution could not get a guilty verdict.

Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 189July 8, 2024 9:31 AM

From Redditor in the Karen Read trial subreddit: “ Okay, so my "no one did it" theory:

KR is shit faced. Drops off JOK, also shit faced. He goes inside the house. Maybe someone sees him, maybe they don't. They are all shit faced. He goes back outside, maybe because he is drunk and confused, maybe because he wants to scream at the sky. Who knows. He falls and hits his head.

Is that fall consistent with his wounds? I don't really know, because all the experts were there to determine if he could have died from being hit by a car. Which they were all like um, no. So I would like to see some experts on if he could have died just from a slip and fall.

At some point in the night, someone lets the dog out. The dog immediately runs to the body, and is barking to alert owners. But they are drunk and ignoring dog. Dog tries to grab body by arm and pull it to the house (because this is EXACTLY what my family's dog would do). Fails, and drunks owners are screaming for dog to get his loud butt back inside.

Drunk people arrive to the house, but are too drunk to notice or stop to look at the dark blob on the lawn. Everyone is, again, shitfaced. (KR was so drunk that she was still over the legal limit EIGHT HOURS after stopping. They have continued drinking hours after her. They are WASTED.)

KR wakes up still drunk. Can't find JOK. Doesn't remember where she last saw him. Has memories of a fight, some screaming. Sees a call log indicating rage. Looks in garage, sees her car with damaged light. Gets paranoid something bad has happened. Calls JOK's friend in panic.

The rest of it all plays out, and she is hysterical and messed up. Cop house does indeed sleep through the chaos on their lawn, because they are all still wasted. Eventually, all the friends start talking. And they realize they were out of control last night. Too drunk to want their jobs to be hearing about it. Too drunk to help their friend dying on the lawn. This must have been what the dog was barking about, and omg, they just did nothing. But they don't need to worry about their own behavior and feelings of guilt, because they all direct their anger at KR. She clearly killed JOK. And they are going to make her pay for it.

So they immediately plot to make sure she "doesn't get away with it." And oh yeah, cover up the mass quantities of freaky drugged out shit they were probably doing in their party basement, that they don't really want being documented in the course of a normal investigation. They talk and text about how much KR sucks, and what they should say to make sure she gets caught They actively collude to lie and even plant evidence, not because they did anything, but because they are so sure she did it, so why not help the case along. They are idiots and just generally sucky people.

Then they realize, whoopsie. And start trying to cover up all their obvious tracks. While still remaining righteously indignant about people pointing out their obvious tracks. After all, they think. KR killed their friend. They were just making sure she paid. At some point, it becomes more and more obvious that the murder story doesn't really work. But they don't like that. That means they were too drunk to notice their friend dying on the lawn while they partied. And they like having KR as the scapegoat for all their rage. So they don't care. They don't care about the truth, and they have long lost sight of their friend. They just care that KR was supposed to be killing herself in jail, and now people are attacking them, and this is all KR's fault. Again.

Because this is how shitty, small-town bullies think and have operated since the dawn of time.”

by Anonymousreply 190July 8, 2024 10:59 AM

The scenario at r190 sounds plausible. I wonder what the circle thought of her prior to the incident, whether there may have been class resentment or envy in play.

According to her Wiki, she sounds much more successful than the average cop's partner. A masters in a finance related field, financial analyst at Fidelity, and adjunct faculty at a local college. She alone made a hell of a lot more than the average cop household. This also probably explains her ability to hire such renowned counsel.

by Anonymousreply 191July 8, 2024 1:17 PM

"Isn’t the whole thing kind of moot since the Albert mom googled 'how long to die in the cold?' at 3 am—hours before the supposed discovery' of O’Keefe’s body?"

It wasn't the "Albert mom" (Nicole) who googled it, it was her sister, Jen McCabe. Jen googled it not from the Albert home, but after returning to her own home where, according to her health data, she was pacing around all night.

by Anonymousreply 192July 8, 2024 1:28 PM

R190 He was mauled by a dog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193July 8, 2024 1:47 PM

R160/R161 talks to herself.

by Anonymousreply 194July 8, 2024 2:02 PM

Court TV discussing it now. Defense has filed a motion to remove the top two charges, including second degree murder, because the jury went 12-0 for not guilty on those two, but could not come to an agreement on the lesser charges. Jurors are not routinely polled when no verdict has been reached.

by Anonymousreply 195July 8, 2024 4:19 PM

If they voted 12-0 for not guilty on some charges, then they did reach verdicts on those charges. Seems like they would have declared a verdict on the charges where they were unanimous. You can have a verdict on some charges and a hung jury on other charges.

by Anonymousreply 196July 8, 2024 4:23 PM

R195

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197July 8, 2024 4:32 PM

R194’s pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 198July 8, 2024 4:33 PM

It was not an announced verdict in court. A couple of jurors approached the defense with this information.

by Anonymousreply 199July 8, 2024 4:43 PM

That's pretty stunning that the court didn't provide the information to the defense.

by Anonymousreply 200July 8, 2024 4:45 PM

The judge’s dislike of Karen Read was evident.

by Anonymousreply 201July 8, 2024 4:47 PM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202July 8, 2024 4:50 PM

[quote] That's pretty stunning that the court didn't provide the information to the defense.

The court / judge was supposed to read a verdict if it was unanimous. I.e., was supposed to provide that information in open court to everybody.

by Anonymousreply 203July 8, 2024 5:14 PM

I think that some jury members were very aware that a unanimous acquittal would leave too many very troubling questions.

He was clearly in the house and nobody saw him?

The injuries on his arm were not caused by a rear taillight on an SUV so where did they come from?

The Canton and State Police were beyond incompetent but are they complicit?

Why was the basement of the house gutted and remodeled shortly after the event and the home quickly sold?

Why was an adult dog (they had it for years) suddenly "re-homed"?

There are many more and I can't wait to see this all sorted out on a special report from 60 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 204July 8, 2024 5:47 PM

Proctor was suspended without pay this afternoon.

First - of far too many - step towards his firing.

by Anonymousreply 205July 8, 2024 8:33 PM

Kevin Albert, a Canton Police Officer and brother of party organizer Brian Albert, a former Boston police officer, was placed on administrative leave with pay starting this Saturday pending an investigation related to the testimony of Trooper Proctor in the Karen Read trial," according to a statement issued today by the Canton Police Chief.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206July 10, 2024 3:37 AM

So how many cops and their friends were out and about driving drunk that night? That's the scariest part of this.

by Anonymousreply 207July 10, 2024 12:19 PM

Will “balloon knot” be named one of Webster’s words of 2024?

by Anonymousreply 208July 10, 2024 12:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209July 15, 2024 1:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!