Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bully Boys

Anyone here get bullied in school? I had a bully in high school, with a twist. I never knew when it would happen, but Tommy the Bully would walk up to me with his jock friends (he was the star quarterback), grab me by the collar and shove me into the lockers in front of my best friends. "You look like a fag. I bet you're a fag.. Are you?! Admit it faggot!" I wouldn't say anything, just stand there each time waiting for it to end. Eventually he'd let me go. My friends would pretend it wasn't happening. We never discussed it. Then, fast forward - two years after high school I'm in a gay bar and - shocker - Tommy the Bully shows up! He took me aside, apologized quite sincerely, and asked me to slow dance. Maybe I shouldn't have, but I took him up on it and after that whenever I saw him in our small town, he would smile and wave. He remained closeted but became the first person I know of to die of AIDS in the 80s. A few years later, a friend wanted to set me up with a blind date. "You'll like him but he's closeted and has to be very discreet." When he told me the guy's name it turned out to be Tommy's younger brother. I declined.

by Anonymousreply 38March 25, 2024 8:18 PM

Is this one person that keeps making up these made up bullshit stories or is it a number of people?

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2024 2:25 PM

Did he ask to see your puny cocklet too?

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2024 2:32 PM

There was a kid in junior high who used to bully me relentlessly, call me a "faggot" and "sissy," and constantly taunt me whenever he saw me. He made my life hell.

Years later, I was at a gay bar and this guy walked up to me. It was my junior high bully, and it was obvious he didn't recognize or remember me, but I never forgot his face. I played along with him and he asked me out. I said "yes," because I wanted to have that moment where I confronted him.

So a few days later, he picked me up and we went to dinner. I sat across the table from him and reminded him that we went to junior high together and that he bullied me. He denied it at first, but as I recounted the things he said, it became clear that he was beginning to remember me and what he did.

Finally, he admitted what he had done and apologized. I accepted his apology, but I told him I had no interest in seeing him again. I paid for the dinner and took a cab home.

It felt good.

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2024 2:33 PM

“…asked me to slow dance…”

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2024 2:33 PM

And I'm still in therapy for it. Schoolmates. Teachers. Parents.

Please don't tell me I should get over it. If I could have, I would have.

Somehow, I still made a success of myself despite the damage.

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2024 2:36 PM

Scratch a phobe....

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2024 2:38 PM

Bullying you for being gay when he was the one taking it up the ass the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2024 2:45 PM

OP types North..

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2024 2:45 PM

The only "fight" I ever had (besides my brother) was with a bully at my Catholic high school.

It ended up with the asshole on the ground and me kicking his head. I guess you can only take so much and "seeing red" is real.

My takeaway was that the usual advice that we get from our parents and teachers (just ignore them/you're better than that) is bunk. 5 minutes of violence put a quick stop to years of torment.

Of course my bully is a constant presence on Boston t.v. shilling for his tire care centers.

And he looks like a pile of dog shit. Bless his heart.

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2024 2:49 PM

R9

I heard you snuck up behind and sucker punched that innocent kid

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2024 2:54 PM

I was in the chorus of a local theatrical production in high school. The lead hated me for some reason. One day he kicked me in the back with his foot. I went flying off the stage and when I asked him why he said "you weren't singing loud enough." Ten years later I'm living on the opposite side of the country in L.A. and decided to attend a production of "Sexual Perversity in Chicago" on the Paramount lot and he was the star. He stunk. He had to be in his underwear throughout the show and he was bald and had a fucked up body. At one point, he looked over at me, there was a moment of realization, and he finished his lousy performance. I didn't confront him, too much time had passed, but I left with the satisfaction of knowing he'd never amount to much, and he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 11March 25, 2024 2:58 PM

R11 This sounds distressing to watch yet so validating.

by Anonymousreply 12March 25, 2024 3:06 PM

That would have been a better story r10. And yes, that's him. Great guess.

I was standing at a vending machine and he was behind me. He just kept repeating faggot over and over.

To make it worse, his girlfriend was with him. I had helped her pick her prom dress earlier that month.

I'm sure many of us here have had something similar happen to them.

by Anonymousreply 13March 25, 2024 3:12 PM

I’m not buying the star quarterback as bully. Bullies are usually losers.

by Anonymousreply 14March 25, 2024 3:15 PM

Faced a lot of bullying, the worst being in 9th grade. When I mentioned this once to a straight, married guy, young enough to be my son, and whom I was seriously crushing on, his immediate response was, “Were they bullying handsome boys back then?” How could I not be in love?!

by Anonymousreply 15March 25, 2024 3:15 PM

My bully was the co-captain of varsity soccer. He was very handsome and could be charming, and he was horse hung. I knew that because I was on Jr. Varsity soccer and trying to maintain my own in sports despite being very pretty and having been teased for years for being faggy or girlie. I had a gym teacher who happened to follow me from elementary school to HS and he encouraged me in teams sports despite the bullying. Taught me to turn a blind eye and to compete, hard. That was very generous and enlightened of him in the 1970s. Back to my bully. One time in the locker room he called me out for staring at his cock and yelled - why you always looking at my dick you want to suck it don't you? I turned red and blurted out - too bad no girls want to get near that grotesque monster so you have to chase guys. It wasn't so witty. As it turned out he was friends with my older sister and he came round to take her to a keg party and invited me along. I was thrilled. It was down by the river in the woods. It must have been one of my first HS keg parties. He mostly ignored me but he seemed nicer and then he gave me this long look over the bonfire and disappeared into the woods. I waited a minute or two then headed out at an angle from where he left then cut back in the woods and found him. He had his dick out and was shaking it like he had pissed, and said "well, go for it". I must have drained his dick 2 dozen times that year and he popped my ass cherry, too. Ruined me for normal sized dick.

by Anonymousreply 16March 25, 2024 3:18 PM

R9

I hope you get a great measure of satisfaction!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 25, 2024 3:20 PM

OP - slow dancing at a gay bar in the 1980s?

Also I second what R14 said.

by Anonymousreply 18March 25, 2024 3:21 PM

R16 In the Land of Things That Never Happened, this never happened the most.

by Anonymousreply 19March 25, 2024 3:23 PM

R9 Take great comfort in knowing that your bully now looks like Glenn Close (R17).

by Anonymousreply 20March 25, 2024 3:24 PM

[quote]I was in the chorus of a local theatrical production in high school. The lead hated me for some reason. One day he kicked me in the back with his foot. I went flying off the stage and when I asked him why he said "you weren't singing loud enough." Ten years later I'm living on the opposite side of the country in L.A. and decided to attend a production of "Sexual Perversity in Chicago" on the Paramount lot and he was the star.

Not a single word of this is believable.

by Anonymousreply 21March 25, 2024 3:28 PM

Bullies aren't always usually losers R18. They're usually the more popular ones in school. And they travel in packs and/or with girlfriends.

by Anonymousreply 22March 25, 2024 3:30 PM

Not only is the bully the star quarterback, but it turns out (2 years later) that he’s also gay AND wants to date the his victim AND he dies of AIDS AND his younger brother is also gay AND also wants to date the OP, all in a small town.

Even Jan Brady wouldn’t dare tell this story.

by Anonymousreply 23March 25, 2024 3:50 PM

I was never bullied. Probably because I’m a mean motherfucker. No, wait. Fatherfucker? That’s better. Well, not my father. Your father.

by Anonymousreply 24March 25, 2024 3:54 PM

plot twist: I was the asshole bully.

by Anonymousreply 25March 25, 2024 3:55 PM

R19 the signature made this obvious, hun.

by Anonymousreply 26March 25, 2024 4:00 PM

I swear every word is true R23!!! Stop bullying me!!!

by Anonymousreply 27March 25, 2024 4:05 PM

I was temping at a receptionist job for the facilities department of an office tower. My junior high bully came in to see if he could get a contract for his small business to do some maintenance work for them. I told him no one was available at that time, but I'd pass it along. After he left, I threw his card and the marketing material he left straight into the trash.

by Anonymousreply 28March 25, 2024 4:09 PM

DL - the welcoming place to post your most intimate memories. Don't be shy. We will warm your heart with our compassion and give you a safe space to express yourself! No really. We will!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 25, 2024 4:26 PM

Op?

This. never. happened.

by Anonymousreply 30March 25, 2024 4:33 PM

Was your bully built like a SHIT BRICKHOUSE?

by Anonymousreply 31March 25, 2024 4:33 PM

I had more issues with females than males growing up. To this day, I still don’t understand women.

Men are usually upfront and honest about how they feel about you whether it’s good or bad. Women on the other hand will smile to your face and then talk shit about you behind your back.

by Anonymousreply 32March 25, 2024 4:38 PM

r32 that true and seems to make biological sense - gender based behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 33March 25, 2024 4:40 PM

OP here. yeah it all happened the way I wrote it. Tommy wasn't super hot, he was just a good athlete. The guys he hung out with were the hot ones. I did slow dance with him in a small gay bar in Manhattan two years later - not a dance club and I really was asked if I wanted to date his brother. I felt bad when he died. You usually don't get apologies from the jerks who harassed you in high school.

by Anonymousreply 34March 25, 2024 4:43 PM

Did either of you get wood while you were slow dancing?

by Anonymousreply 35March 25, 2024 4:46 PM

OP, not only are you a liar, but you stole this story from Glee.

by Anonymousreply 36March 25, 2024 5:44 PM

I was harassed by a girl in Maths class who kept kicking my chair. A week of this went by and I grabbed her textbook, calculator and pencil case and tossed them out the window. We were only one floor up so nothing broke but fortunately, it was raining that day.

I didn’t even get in trouble, the teacher just yelled at as to shut up when she started spluttering in rage.

Happily, she was pregnant a semester later and never crossed by eyeline again.

by Anonymousreply 37March 25, 2024 6:00 PM

LOL R36. Love it. Care to slow dance?

by Anonymousreply 38March 25, 2024 8:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!