Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Josh Kilmer-Purcell

Is he verboten as a DL discussion topic these days?

by Anonymousreply 53October 24, 2024 4:54 AM

I miss his cocktail parties.

by Anonymousreply 1March 23, 2024 4:58 AM

I also miss retarded /jsoh/.

by Anonymousreply 2March 23, 2024 4:58 AM

He was the nicest liar I've ever met.

by Anonymousreply 3March 23, 2024 5:06 AM

His ass wasn’t fat so much as it was really wide.

by Anonymousreply 4March 23, 2024 5:21 AM

[quote] His ass wasn’t fat so much as it was really wide.

?

by Anonymousreply 5March 23, 2024 5:35 AM

I loved Beekman Boys on The Amazing Race from the moment I saw Josh synchronised swimming whilst wearing his glasses.

by Anonymousreply 6March 23, 2024 5:40 AM

He was pushing goat soap at one time - not a goat soap consumer. Another time I believe he had pot holders made from old rags and pieces of goat. Very goat centered - I built a wall of distrust because of all the goats.

by Anonymousreply 7March 23, 2024 5:46 AM

He got a distribution deal for his adorned goat fat at Target, got acquired, and is rolling in it.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2024 2:21 AM

He was very fun in person

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2024 2:26 AM

His doctor husband was cute when younger.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2024 2:34 AM

Has anyone read his memoir: "I Am Not Myself These Days?" It's a "darkly funny memoir of a young New Yorker's daring dual life—advertising art director by day, glitter-dripping drag queen by night." Loved it. It was hard to see him as a goat farmer married to a doctor after reading it. Such debauchery.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2024 2:49 AM

The rumor is that he harvested DL for prose.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2024 2:52 AM

They’ve taken their act to QVC and HSN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2024 3:04 AM

Is he 60 yet?

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2024 3:06 AM

I don’t think so. He’s only a year or so older than me

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2024 11:58 AM

I got some of their lip balm as a gift and it’s not worth the price.

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2024 12:01 PM

He's 55. Surprisingly, Dr. Brent is only 51 but aging in dog years, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2024 12:02 PM

[quote] advertising art director by day, glitter-dripping drag queen by night.

Yes indeed, those occupations are at far opposite ends of the spectrum. Totally incongruous and unexpected.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2024 12:53 PM

That damned book ruined this place when he hijacked it to market it. Then he fucked off once he was done with it. In fairness, he seemed like a decent sort as an individual, but the shamelessness of the sales platforming was a shitty thing to do, if impressive as a piece of opportunism.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2024 12:56 PM

He's a bit of a mess and ballsy to boot. I've interacted with him before, and he's a fun person. He didn't get where he's at by being a wall flower.

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2024 12:56 PM

They used to retail a wide range of lifestyle stuff... it looked like the strategy was Martha Stewart with cock rings, but now it's exclusively goat based skin care. I wonder they stock based on stage of life, "I don't need another Ikebana vase but these liver spots could use something..."

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2024 1:06 PM

Who is she?

Who was she?

Who does she hope to be?

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2024 1:12 PM

Proof positive that 80% of success is showing up.

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2024 7:09 AM

Indeed, he had a good personality but I never knew if he could dance to the beat

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2024 11:37 AM

Not so much “verboten” as “irrelevant”.

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2024 11:45 AM

What are you suggesting, r18? Does my wife have to beat you up?

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2024 12:01 PM

A double barreled surname is a bit prissy.

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2024 2:23 PM

I wonder if she regrets this thread?

by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2024 3:10 PM

I'm trying to remember the pathetic suck ups who drank his bathwater after the novel was published. They were the vile part. There was the rabid toady Zak, I think, and the inventor of the humble brag, Mizez Slocombe (like all versions 1.0 she didn't invent a very good version of it), who also made a fool of herself breathlessly driving the DL Wikipedia entry.... I always recall her running back and forth between her and Wiki, repeating her latest additions. So needy. And then Wikiepdians slaughtered it. I mean, talk about embarrassing, cut down to nothing by Wikipedians. Those days were entertaining, at least, but DL as marketing platform changed the site significantly, not for the better. Maybe there's a novel in that.

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2024 3:14 PM

Marketing platform? What are we marketing? Caftans? Snack purses?

by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2024 3:17 PM

Novels by writers and affiliation for desperate nobodies.

by Anonymousreply 31October 23, 2024 3:19 PM

That lunatic soap fan Justin used DL’s Myspace page to communicate off DL with posters, including Josh, and would get these people to trash each other.

Somehow, Justin’s unrequited love/mortal enemy Daniel Bexton got access to Justin’s email account. And when Justin wouldn’t stop bothering Bexton, Bexton put his correspondence with Justin, and Justin’s correspondence with other DL posters, into this Blog (see the link; “Bill” is Justin).

Bexton announced he would post Justin’s correspondence with DL posters on the blog, using pseudonyms. Suddenly, Josh stepped up and offered to donate money in Bexton’s name to the charity of his choice if he stopped.

This all happened around the time Josh’s book was published, so I always assumed Josh must have emailed some really cunty things about other DL posters to Justin.

I have never forgotten this because it’s so deranged, and so 2004 in how it unfolded, involving blogs, message boards and Myspace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 23, 2024 3:30 PM

Wow

by Anonymousreply 33October 23, 2024 3:41 PM

who seemed weird from word go, and had no idea. Even young and dumber me smelled her trifling drama from word go.

by Anonymousreply 34October 23, 2024 3:45 PM

Hmph. That was supposed to say:

I stayed far away from Daniel Bexton, who seemed weird from word go, and had no idea. Even young and dumber me smelled her trifling drama from word go.

by Anonymousreply 35October 23, 2024 3:55 PM

I can't be the only one who had to look up the definition of verboten...

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2024 3:57 PM

r32, I recall it all, but had forgotten most of the sordid details

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2024 4:43 PM

Omg R32. I nearly got sucked into some of that, at the time, and declined.

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2024 4:51 PM

I got talking to them both offline and trusted neither one of them. I didn't talk to them long.

by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2024 5:34 PM

I did too, i might have met you. But josh came across far less unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 40October 23, 2024 6:00 PM

Josh was a lot of things. Unhinged, he wasn't...sober. God knows what she's like now, though.

by Anonymousreply 41October 23, 2024 6:11 PM

I liked the show they had about their house called The Beekman or something. I wish I could find that show. The seemed like fun and I really liked Josh and his husband.

by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2024 8:33 PM

He’s friends with the really fat girl from The Facts of Life, the jolly one that got raped in a Charlie Chaplin costume.

She seems kind of bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 43October 23, 2024 8:37 PM

Who is he, and should I care?

by Anonymousreply 44October 23, 2024 9:03 PM

Reading the blog, my two favorite tidbits are when Justin expresses his pride at his success:

“MY DEIRDRE HALL THREAD ROCKED”

“MY ACE YOUNG THREAD ROCKED”

by Anonymousreply 45October 23, 2024 9:28 PM

I had to dig deep to remember who Ace Young was. Oh my ears.

by Anonymousreply 46October 23, 2024 9:33 PM

Josh was basically harmless, I never really understood why you bitches turned on him like you did.

Now, his mendacious pal Frey was a different story. A nasty piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 47October 23, 2024 9:44 PM

I genuinely believe he copy/pasted content in his first two novels.

by Anonymousreply 48October 23, 2024 10:07 PM

r47, me neither, he was always more self-deprecating than any of you

by Anonymousreply 49October 23, 2024 11:32 PM

I’m terminally single so I guess I don’t understand relationships because their reality show (he and his husband) was just the two of them constantly bickering and being mean to each other from what I saw. But their whole brand now is about being so nice and they call everyone “neighbor” and are beloved in their town as living saints.

by Anonymousreply 50October 23, 2024 11:38 PM

Sharon Springs is boring as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 51October 24, 2024 12:09 AM

Even when Josh was trashed and depressed he always had a healthy work ethic. He might have looked like shit and unable to form a coherent sentence but he showed up, whether it was at the agency or in the clubs as Aqua. So I isn't surprised to read that he was able to sell the Beekman 1802 business for $92M a few years back. I never watched the show but when I saw this thread I reread "I Am Not Myself These Days." I'd forgotten how good it was,(even if it's semi-fictional).

by Anonymousreply 52October 24, 2024 1:53 AM

I don't think anyone is questioning his diligence. His ethics, however...

by Anonymousreply 53October 24, 2024 4:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!