Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jake Gyllenhaal Contracted A Staph Infection On The ‘Road House’ Set

The actor said his "whole arm swelled up" while working on the film, in which he plays a reimagined version of Patrick Swayze's iconic 1989 role.

Jake Gyllenhaal is opening up about the challenges he faced while filming the remake of “Road House,” due out this Thursday.

“We’re fighting on the floor, we’re fighting around tables. We’re fighting around glass, even if it’s breakaway glass,” he explained. “I put my hand on the bar, fucking straight glass. ... I felt the glass go into my hand.”

Over time, Gyllenhaal said, his “whole arm swelled up,” which was the result of a staph infection possibly suffered after cutting his hand or during another physically demanding scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 31, 2024 12:26 PM

The original “Road House” debuted to mostly negative reviews but, perhaps buoyed by Swayze’s star power at the time, turned out to be a surprise hit on home video.

by Anonymousreply 1March 20, 2024 4:20 AM

I’d kill to live in that loft in the original. Waking up to sunshine and a river is heaven.

by Anonymousreply 2March 20, 2024 4:22 AM

Staph is no laugh Jake!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 20, 2024 4:26 AM

Don’t make me say it.

by Anonymousreply 4March 20, 2024 4:26 AM

and anal warts

by Anonymousreply 5March 20, 2024 4:26 AM

Will no one rid us of this aging closeted Jew?

by Anonymousreply 6March 20, 2024 4:28 AM

Can you get a staph infection from cum eating?

by Anonymousreply 7March 20, 2024 4:39 AM

He's really starting to look like his melty-eyed sister Maggie.

by Anonymousreply 8March 20, 2024 4:43 AM

Once more for old times

Jake Gyllenhaal's obit will read....

"He was fucked in a tent by Oscar winner Heath Ledger."

by Anonymousreply 9March 20, 2024 4:56 AM

Maybe he got it this way:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 20, 2024 5:09 AM

Unfortunately, Jake does not show his ass in the remake the way Swayze did in the original.

by Anonymousreply 11March 20, 2024 5:55 AM

Jakey never had an ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 20, 2024 6:11 AM

Men's Health feature on Jake's workout routine:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 20, 2024 6:16 AM

I'm watching Road House on Amazon Prime right now. The fact that I am on my phone posting to Datalounge says it all, really.

by Anonymousreply 14March 31, 2024 11:49 AM

Amateur.

by Anonymousreply 15March 31, 2024 11:56 AM

You can get staph infection from sharing same equipment, workout benches, exercise mats, etc. That's why physical trainers and gym and spa workers are always wiping down everything with disinfectant.

by Anonymousreply 16March 31, 2024 12:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!