Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Susan Sarandon serving massive cuntitude at 90s Con

Having attended/worked these conventions for many, many years I will never understand why you would commit yourself to something you absolutely loathe. My clients have always been grateful for the experience (mainly the cash & free food/accommodations) and the thrill of interacting with their fans....even the weird ones can give you a good laugh and fun story to tell...

So I'm hearing Sarandon is not a happy camper.

During COVID, it was understandable that clear plastic barriers would be used to protect the talent from germs...but this is ludicrous...

Also...

[quote]someone said her daughter told Susan Sarandon her favorite movie was Stepmom and Susan Sarandon glared and said GOOD!

Sidenote: That is not me in the photo...I ended up attending GalaxyCon this weekend and had a blast joking with Tara Strong (a doll!) and got to meet Josh Keaton who is cute as fuck!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149March 21, 2024 4:52 AM

Also...

[quote]Susan Sarandon is hidden in a room surrounded by curtains.

[quote]I was in line for this 11am Susan Sarandon autograph for nearly 3 hours. Only 5 of us left in line and she just went to eat. Will be back in 45 min - hour.

by Anonymousreply 1March 17, 2024 5:55 PM

[quote]I ended up attending GalaxyCon this weekend and had a blast joking with Tara Strong (a doll!) and got to meet Josh Keaton who is cute as fuck!

Josh Keaton has always been cute as fuck!

And those eyes!

I'm glad he's aging nicely.

Incidentally, 17-year-old Keaton was the voice of teen Hercules in Disney's HERCULES.

(Tate Donovan voiced the adult Hercules.)

Inexplicably, 33-year-old Roger Bart provided the singing voice even though Keaton can sing.

In fact, Keaton had already recorded "Go the Distance," but the powers that be decided to go with a more seasoned Broadway voice.

by Anonymousreply 2March 17, 2024 6:09 PM

Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) has a barrier now too. Someone said that someone got too handsy with her.

by Anonymousreply 3March 17, 2024 6:14 PM

Like DL, she is still afraid of Covid.

by Anonymousreply 4March 17, 2024 6:14 PM

I get the feeling that Susan is angry because this is her career now. Cons are good money, but not where someone with Susan's previous career would want to end up.

by Anonymousreply 5March 17, 2024 6:18 PM

[quote]I get the feeling that Susan is angry because this is her career now. Cons are good money, but not where someone with Susan's previous career would want to end up.

Fellow Oscar winner Marisa Tomei is also attending and hasn't had nearly the sales Sarandon has (even with Marvel now under her belt) and I'm hearing she has been incredibly sweet and easy going.

After the group photo with Sarandon was done, Geena Davis was doing individual photo ops with fans and requested the barrier be removed.

by Anonymousreply 6March 17, 2024 6:31 PM

I think that going to the cons is less about getting work and more the appeal of having dozens of people spend time lining up just to get a brief moment to tell you how great you are. But I guess maybe when your career is bigger and at its prime you don't have to go look for that instead those people come to you. And I probably have a higher class at least money wise.

by Anonymousreply 7March 17, 2024 6:43 PM

What? It's all about money.

by Anonymousreply 8March 17, 2024 6:46 PM

The barrier is a little over the top. I've never been to one of these cons, it just sounds like one humiliating experience for everyone involved, except for those Supernatural people. They seem to always be in auditoriums on a stage away from the crowd.

by Anonymousreply 9March 17, 2024 6:53 PM

That's weird. I loved her on Dharma and Greg.

by Anonymousreply 10March 17, 2024 6:55 PM

I'd love to see a documentary about the lives of those actors who mostly get small parts in movies and shows, working enough to get by, but who also were part of these genre shows like Star Trek, Supernatural, Buffy, Smallville, etc. and go to conventions every weekend where they're treated like rock stars. It must be strange to be a regular person in the outside world and then flying to these conventions all over the country and being treated like a superstar, having people cry and fall out over meeting you. I think for some of them it becomes a significant, if not primary, source of income. But some of them have the scary type of fans who become obsessed and try to break into their homes and worse. That's a problem that a Beyonce or a Tom Hanks have the resources to deal with, but what if you're a workaday actor making six figures?

Then there's the other side of that coin, the actors who were once major stars and now do the autograph shows like Chiller and the comic cons. Some of them seem to get a kick out of it, and others seem to feel more like Miss Sarandon. It's all really interesting to me, and I think it would make a successful documentary or reality TV series.

by Anonymousreply 11March 17, 2024 7:35 PM

I can never forgive Sarandon for bringing Hillary down in the election.

by Anonymousreply 12March 17, 2024 7:38 PM

Isn't that how people like Maryann and Gilligan, Eddie from The Munsters, and The Brady Bunch crew supported themselves? They didn't get residuals in those days, so they do the cons and, apparently, lived very nice lives just from cons.

by Anonymousreply 13March 17, 2024 7:40 PM

How much did Sarandon earn - I wonder. May she rot in hell...btw.

by Anonymousreply 14March 17, 2024 7:48 PM

Big stars can make $250-500k a show. Sarandon would probably make 6-figures, but on the lower end.

by Anonymousreply 15March 17, 2024 7:53 PM

The barrier is a stack of boxes? How does the fan see the celebrity?

by Anonymousreply 16March 17, 2024 7:57 PM

Seriously, how bad does your self-esteem have to be to pay cash to have a photo taken with a stranger who will not even deign to be photographed next to you, or even look at you?

by Anonymousreply 17March 17, 2024 8:00 PM

What a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 18March 17, 2024 8:07 PM

Susan Sarandon’t

by Anonymousreply 19March 17, 2024 8:17 PM

[quote] Seriously, how bad does your self-esteem have to be to pay cash to have a photo taken with a stranger who will not even deign to be photographed next to you

What? These celebrities are in the photos with the fans. Yes, the fans pay a fee.

by Anonymousreply 20March 17, 2024 8:18 PM

[quote] What? These celebrities are in the photos with the fans. Yes, the fans pay a fee.

Ms Sarandon is on one side of a pile of cardboard boxes looking as if she has been taken hostage. Delighted normal lady is on the other side looking thrilled to be in a pic with Ms Sarandon, who would rather be anywhere else. Anyone with self-esteem would feel humiliated.

by Anonymousreply 21March 17, 2024 8:24 PM

I’ve never done a fan con but I know some people have a great time at them and plenty of the actors are friendly and gracious. Paying for an official meet and greet seems a lot more considerate for both parties as at least it’s a controlled environment. Better than going up to someone at a restaurant and asking for an autograph.

by Anonymousreply 22March 17, 2024 9:45 PM

There aren’t cardboard barriers during the revolution Susan,

by Anonymousreply 23March 17, 2024 11:16 PM

Is the purpose of the "barrier" so fans won't maul or get touchy with the actors? It's certainly got nothing to do with Covid. It would be simpler to give fans instructions not to invade their personal space, no?

W&W for r23.

by Anonymousreply 24March 17, 2024 11:38 PM

I would pay to have a meet and greet with Susan Sarandon, but I'd bring a couple of lemons and make her pose with a screenshot from Atlantic City.

by Anonymousreply 25March 17, 2024 11:41 PM

They look like contestants on the Dating Game.

by Anonymousreply 26March 17, 2024 11:49 PM

I had no idea these conventions were so lucrative for celebrities. For a six figure fee, Susan should be singing "There's a Light (Over at the Frankenstein Place)," and lighting up the velvet darkness of my life, dammit!

by Anonymousreply 27March 18, 2024 12:01 AM

“I’m voting for Jill Stein and I believe in UFOs. I will not be disrespected!”

by Anonymousreply 28March 18, 2024 12:03 AM

I do feel kind of bad for Susan. She probably still remembers how incredibly hot she used to be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 18, 2024 12:46 AM

A friend of mine attended the same college as Susan and Chris Sarandon. She said they were an unbelievably gorgeous couple. I can’t stand Susan though.

by Anonymousreply 30March 18, 2024 12:59 AM

I waited in line at a con for hours to do a meet-and-greet with Random Bouth a few years ago. He was even more handsome in person, very sweet, and seemed appreciative of his fans.

Had the same experience with Garrett Hedlund last weekend. He seemed genuinely grateful to be there.

by Anonymousreply 31March 18, 2024 2:25 PM

Whoops! *Randon.*

by Anonymousreply 32March 18, 2024 2:26 PM

Polish up those dancing shoes, Sue. Next stop - Dancing with the Stars.

by Anonymousreply 33March 18, 2024 2:30 PM

Anyone going to Steel City?

Sarandon will be attending along with Rosie and Deb Messing!

Can't wait to hear the stories from my friends at that one!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 18, 2024 2:40 PM

[quote] Had the same experience with Garrett Hedlund last weekend. He seemed genuinely grateful to be there.

It’s called acting.

by Anonymousreply 35March 18, 2024 4:24 PM

That said, Bonnie Bartlett aka DL Legend Barbara Thorndyke was there!

by Anonymousreply 36March 18, 2024 4:32 PM

R35 Haha! Well, one certainly can dream, can't one?

by Anonymousreply 37March 18, 2024 4:42 PM

R35 except Garrett is not a great actor. I'm sure he needs the money because his baby momma Emma Roberts is a notorious cunt.

by Anonymousreply 38March 18, 2024 4:46 PM

It's not just Susan. There are photos of just Geena posing for pics with the barrier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 18, 2024 5:05 PM

Why did you cover your face R39?

by Anonymousreply 40March 18, 2024 5:17 PM

I used to have some friends that did these things. One was a soap actor who lived for these kinds of things. He ate up the adoration and would go out of his way to attend. (I think he would also secretly score some frau vag while there)

The other friend was a c list tv actor and she really enjoyed it, plus the money was too good to walk away from. Also a good chance to sell books and other merch.

by Anonymousreply 41March 18, 2024 5:19 PM

Oh, THAT'S the barrier. I kept thinking you meant a cardboard barrier (or curtains, as were mentioned earlier) between the table where they were sitting and the line of people and wondered how the hell that would work. Thanks for providing the photo.

by Anonymousreply 42March 18, 2024 5:30 PM

The Electoral College brought Hillary Clinton down.

FBI's James Comey brought Hillary Clinton down.

If Susan Sarandon had that much power, Bernie Sanders would've been President.

I'm a fan of Susan Sarandon. Since DL despises her, this makes me like her even more.

by Anonymousreply 43March 18, 2024 5:54 PM

[quote]That said, Bonnie Bartlett aka DL Legend Barbara Thorndyke was there!

My friend met her this weekend and can't stop raving about how awesome she was. Daniels was less friendly but apparently he was in some kind of major pain but didn't want to cancel and let people down nor leave his table early. That is a fucking pro!

Bartlett was wearing a shirt with an animated character on it and someone offside of it was shouting "Go to hell."

My friend said, "Hello Barbara Thorndike," and she said, "Oh yes that was me. Thank you sooooooo much for remembering," and she rolled her eyes. Then added, "What a bitch she was!" then laughed hysterically.

by Anonymousreply 44March 18, 2024 6:05 PM

Looking at the autograph/photo prices for each star is really depressing. Most of them really need the money, too.

How is John Carpenter the most expensive? I guess the horror fans are an avid bunch, even though he hasn't directed anything significant since the 80s. Hasn't he made a fortune from the Halloween franchise? Why does he need to sign autographs and pose for photos?

Imagine being Tori Spelling and growing up in the most expensive house in America, to selling autographs for $60 so you can pay your rent.

Imagine being Rosie O'Donnell and being the biggest thing on TV during the 90s, to selling autographs for $60. I thought she was worth over $100 million? Why does she need to do stuff like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 18, 2024 6:15 PM

Wait, this is the trauma? There were some boxes up there?

Look unless somebody got kicked in the cuntbone I don't wanna hear about it.

by Anonymousreply 46March 18, 2024 6:20 PM

Susan is holding her knees in a protective pose.

by Anonymousreply 47March 18, 2024 6:20 PM

My brother got pics with Larry Hagman and Barbara Eden, separately. The stars pose professionally but my brother looks ridiculous with his arms crossed like Superman.

by Anonymousreply 48March 18, 2024 6:23 PM

[quote] except Garrett is not a great actor

Oh, but he really wants to be there, performing humility and gratitude for these strangers! And Brandon Routh is sooo appreciative for his fans!

I actually think the Cons look kind of fun and I like that people with these niche obsessions have a place to celebrate their weirdness. But I feel sorry fantasies actors have to perform for their fans to not feel pathetic and ripped-off during this financial transaction. It would be very tiring.

by Anonymousreply 49March 18, 2024 6:27 PM

R47 She was told by the GOP to hold an aspirin between her legs.

by Anonymousreply 50March 18, 2024 6:30 PM

Glad to hear that r44!

by Anonymousreply 51March 18, 2024 6:31 PM

I went to one of these cons in Burbank about 15 years ago. I had been trying to get in touch with someone through their manager to do an interview with me for a documentary and never got a return call, so I thought I would see them personally to ask if they were interested. A friend went with me and since we paid to get in, we figured we might as well look around. He was much more enthusiastic than I was, and because he'd worked in the horror genre, he knew several of the "celebs" there.

It seemed really depressing to me, and I felt really sorry for the people who didn't have anyone coming up to their tables. I wanted to go up to some of them to tell them I was a fan or that I admired them, but I knew what they really wanted was for me to pay for an autograph. I'm not an autograph collector, so I just smiled and nodded from a distance.

The only person I went up to and engaged with was Billie Hayes, who played Witchiepoo, because she was donating her autograph fees to an animal rescue organization. I just chatted with her for a few minutes, told her how much she was a part of my childhood, and we talked about our pets and I paid the donation without getting a photo or an autograph.

I would never go back to another one (and never have). Way too depressing. I'm happy if this is a way for these people to make money, and I see nothing wrong with it, but I don't want to see them looking like abandoned pets waiting for someone, anyone, to show up and rescue them.

by Anonymousreply 52March 18, 2024 6:49 PM

I am LOLing at Muriel's red tag note on R2.

by Anonymousreply 53March 18, 2024 6:57 PM

I would be so embarrassed to go to something like this

by Anonymousreply 54March 18, 2024 7:14 PM

I'm embarrassed for the celebs being featured. Is work that hard to come by these days?

R34 R45 Is the Steel City Con even happening? That convention center closed down, or so I thought?

by Anonymousreply 55March 18, 2024 7:18 PM

R52 - did you talk to the person you went there for?

by Anonymousreply 56March 18, 2024 7:23 PM

Sarandon is a miserable, magat cunt. I wish this for her, and worse.

Also, why would a dusty ol' hag like her have an expectation of a thriving career at her age? Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 57March 18, 2024 7:27 PM

R49 Well, I think you're splendid at acting like a huge cunt. You and Susan would get along famously -- so well, in fact, you should go flick her dry little bean.

Fuck you very much,

R31

by Anonymousreply 58March 18, 2024 7:51 PM

MAAAAAARY!

by Anonymousreply 59March 18, 2024 7:54 PM

Sarandon has had a long career and I imagine she will keep working. Unless her politics loses her jobs. I don't particularly like her as actress but you can't deny her longevity.

by Anonymousreply 60March 18, 2024 8:04 PM

Susan should bring the plexiglass barrier AND Sean to her next 90s Con to satisfy all the "Dead Man Walking" stans!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 18, 2024 8:24 PM

Not showing enough gratitude for you, r58?

by Anonymousreply 62March 19, 2024 2:19 AM

The Steel City Con schedule made me laugh because Deb Messing and Sue Sarandon are going to be there same day, almost the same time.

by Anonymousreply 63March 19, 2024 2:57 AM

I just looked up Steel City Con, how do they afford all those stars?

by Anonymousreply 64March 19, 2024 3:02 AM

I just looked up Eli Gelb's photo.

Man, straight women are NOT choosy, are they?

by Anonymousreply 65March 19, 2024 3:30 AM

Is Steel City Con having a 90210 reunion?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 19, 2024 4:26 AM

The link at R45 shows that Rosie O'Donnell is participating. $60! What the hell? I thought she was loaded with cash. Too many divorces?

by Anonymousreply 67March 19, 2024 4:36 AM

Seems like Rosie would do it for fun.

by Anonymousreply 68March 19, 2024 4:42 AM

Yeah, Rosie might do it for fun.

She showed up on a random episode of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. She just so happened to be eating in the diner when they filmed. She looked like she just rolled out of bed and I really don't think she was tipped off. Anyway, she was good-natured and gave a short interview about the food at the diner.

by Anonymousreply 69March 19, 2024 4:47 AM

[quote]Sarandon will be attending along with Rosie and Deb Messing!

Jesus there’s a convention center big enough to house that much cuntitude at one time? Maybe Ellen Degeneres is available as well

by Anonymousreply 70March 19, 2024 4:52 AM

I'm a big fan of 'Atlantic City' but the bitch refused to sign my lemon.

by Anonymousreply 71March 19, 2024 6:52 AM

R43 - no one thinks Susan Sarandon has any influence. But her gleeful and confident analysis that Hillary was as bad as Trump and that Trump would ‘bring on the revolution’ was the kind of thing a multi millionaire celebrity can say.

Was Sarandon personally affected by Trumps policies? Of course not. She gets to cosplay a revolutionary.

by Anonymousreply 72March 19, 2024 7:44 AM

who could take it mixing with those mouthbreathing freaks. she probably felt like she was hitting rock bottom.

by Anonymousreply 73March 19, 2024 7:46 AM

[quote]R60 Sarandon has had a long career and I imagine she will keep working.

She HAS been around forever. She was in some Sophia Loren caper, for god’s sake.

That just makes her seem ancient - though I love her in everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 19, 2024 8:06 AM

I can see why the d, c, and b list stars, particularly of television, do these cons. But now they got Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis doing them? Woah. Even if the autograph/photo con circuit is easy money, you'd think some of these A-listers (or at least A-list once upon a time) would have been set for life and not need to go to this level...

by Anonymousreply 75March 19, 2024 8:15 AM

Sarandon has made some questionable career choices in the past so a fan convention is completely shocking. She did a couple guest appearances on Mad TV back in the early 2000s and even though I was a fan of the show I always wondered why

by Anonymousreply 76March 19, 2024 8:50 AM

Davis's last few gigs were playing a brokedown Regan McNeil on The Exorcist TV series and a glorified guest spot on GLOW.

by Anonymousreply 77March 19, 2024 9:46 AM

[quote] Davis's last few gigs were playing a brokedown Regan McNeil on The Exorcist TV series

She was great in that.

by Anonymousreply 78March 19, 2024 10:13 AM

HAHA saggy titted bitch lost her man and now her money and dignity!!! HAHA! Nothing wrong in doing Cons but I hope she hates it and depends on them for her adult diaper money till the end. Thinking she's too good huh. Popeyed udder cow.

by Anonymousreply 79March 19, 2024 10:16 AM

These cons are also Mecca for fat straight basement dwelling incel dudes. What Geena and Sue would be doing at one of them with a Thelma and Louise reunion is a real head scratcher.

by Anonymousreply 80March 19, 2024 10:48 AM

Looks like Steel City is having none of her bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 19, 2024 11:52 AM

What a cunt!!!

by Anonymousreply 82March 19, 2024 11:54 AM

[quote] Big stars can make $250-500k a show. Sarandon would probably make 6-figures, but on the lower end.

???? That sounds really high. I've never heard of someone making $500k for a 8 hours at a con. $250k is more likely the ceiling and that would be for a much bigger cult figure -- Jackie Chan, Van Damme, etc.

by Anonymousreply 83March 19, 2024 11:57 AM

I’m really surprised Sarandon needs the money. Maybe she’s donating it to political groups she supports. Otherwise it’s quite the comedown.

by Anonymousreply 84March 19, 2024 12:00 PM

[quote] Had the same experience with Garrett Hedlund last weekend. He seemed genuinely grateful to be there.

Of course he was, It meant a day away from Emma Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 85March 19, 2024 12:21 PM

R63 I was thinking the same thing. Didn’t Susan and Debra have a feud on Twitter several years ago while Trump was in office?

I wonder if they eventually caught up with each other and have since patched up things now that Biden’s in office.

by Anonymousreply 86March 19, 2024 12:44 PM

R81 - Spiderman is cute. Or is this a photoshop?

by Anonymousreply 87March 19, 2024 12:48 PM

Sarandon has had a reputation for being difficult from the very beginning of her career, especially about doing public relations, which she has always loathed, and she has always been especially mean to the public relations people who have to work with her. One of her PR firms actually fired her as a client she was so awful. She takes it as a right that she can and should be as rude as possible.

by Anonymousreply 88March 19, 2024 12:49 PM

[quote] Imagine being Rosie O'Donnell and being the biggest thing on TV during the 90s, to selling autographs for $60. I thought she was worth over $100 million? Why does she need to do stuff like this?

This might be Rosie's first, never seen her listed anywhere but I met her a couple of times when she signed at the Broadway Cares Equity Fights AIDS Flea Market and I bet she's doing it for her charity Rosie's Kids.

Some, not a lot do it for charity. Linda Blair is famous in the circuit for her animal rescue foundation and Richard Dreyfuss did one I was at for a reading foundation.

Never saw a barrier like that considering that fan paid $120 each for Susan and Geena.

Last week at a show Katy Segal charged $120 for a signature...KATY SEGAL more than Oscar winners Sarandon and Geena. Don't know how she did, but that takes some ego.

by Anonymousreply 89March 19, 2024 1:21 PM

She was on Married with Children and (probably most importantly for convention-goers) Futurama.

Cineastes don't usually go to these conventions. Sci-fi and horror geeks do.

by Anonymousreply 90March 19, 2024 1:41 PM

Speaking of cunt, let me tell you about Katey Sagal...

by Anonymousreply 91March 19, 2024 1:44 PM

She’s as crazy as she is nasty. Trust.

by Anonymousreply 92March 19, 2024 1:46 PM

I went to one of these things back in the 90s. The Hollywood Memorabilia Show. Just a ton of posters and “celebs.” I saw Corey Haim, who looked like he was tweaking. Several cast members of The Poseidon Adventure (no Shelly or Gene or Red or homophobe Ernest or Roddy), Pat Priest who played Marilyn on The Munsters and Sue Ann’s sister on MTM, and Robert Vaughn (I do so so wanted to steal the mimeographed sign when he went to lunch: “Robert Vaughn will return”). I used the urinal next to Lou Ferigno (I didn’t look — I didn’t want to make him angry. I wouldn’t like him when he’s angry).

I paid for Pat Priest’s autograph — because a pal came from a CRAZY family and we always said she was Marilyn Mu star. So Pat signed the photo to her and said “I had fun playing you!” My pal cherished that.

by Anonymousreply 93March 19, 2024 1:57 PM

Lou Ferrigno is still alive at 72.

by Anonymousreply 94March 19, 2024 2:12 PM

[quote] She was on Married with Children and (probably most importantly for convention-goers) Futurama. Cineastes don't usually go to these conventions. Sci-fi and horror geeks do.

Been going for twenty years, have met Oscar, Tony, Emmy winners and I can tell you Katy Segal should have been half that price.

by Anonymousreply 95March 19, 2024 2:17 PM

Paul "Evergreen" Williams is another who donates all his signing fees to a charity to help music in struggling schools or something. Very nice, quiet dude.

Lou Ferrigno is an asshole. All he has are these shows and he is very resentful.

by Anonymousreply 96March 19, 2024 2:22 PM

[quote] Lou Ferrigno is an asshole. All he has are these shows and he is very resentful.

On the upside, you can call him names all you like and he won't hear you.

by Anonymousreply 97March 19, 2024 2:23 PM

Wonder if they will seat Jennie Garth next to Shannon D at the 90210 panel.

by Anonymousreply 98March 19, 2024 2:42 PM

An acquaintance of mine is a newish horror icon (think a member of the clergy). She makes upwards of $10,000/day on these cons, and loves doing them. But it does give her an inflated sense of her importance, which is going to stab her in the heart when they eventually use somebody else to do her role.

by Anonymousreply 99March 19, 2024 2:42 PM

Shannon is on her "tell her version of the truth tour". Has she blasted Jennie yet?

by Anonymousreply 100March 19, 2024 3:04 PM

These cons, and I DO mean cons, are dripping with sadness from both ends.

by Anonymousreply 101March 19, 2024 3:12 PM

Sad, why? They are just working stiffs, take them off the pedestals and get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 102March 19, 2024 3:21 PM

[quote]We have spoken with Susan & Geena's convention management and they have assured us that there will be no barriers for photos at Steel City Con April 12-14.

They're telling you now, Susan, so they don't have to tell you then...

by Anonymousreply 103March 19, 2024 3:38 PM

The announcement of Sue and Geena cancelling is in 5...4....3......

by Anonymousreply 104March 19, 2024 3:41 PM

I have to wonder what those 3 boxes stacked on top of each other were supposed to accomplish

by Anonymousreply 105March 19, 2024 3:46 PM

[quote]Even if the autograph/photo con circuit is easy money, you'd think some of these A-listers (or at least A-list once upon a time) would have been set for life and not need to go to this level...

Geena is probably down to her last few millions and needs to make some money. She's been a B- actress for the past 20+ years, and never made big money even when she at her peak. Susan has worked non-stop all of her career, but she may have lost several million on her silly ping-pong bar business, which she tried to franchise a few years ago. She could also be doing this for charitable reasons.

I still don't understand why John Carpenter needs to do shows like this. How could he not be worth at least $100 million from the Halloween franchise alone?

by Anonymousreply 106March 19, 2024 3:55 PM

WTF? Why would ANYONE pay money to stand so far away from the celebrity with or without a barrier? (The barrier just makes it obvious.) These pictures are terrible.

by Anonymousreply 107March 19, 2024 4:03 PM

I stood next to one of my longtime crushes at a urinal when I attended a PR event and you better believe I got an eyeful of his dick, which was even bigger (soft) than I could have imagined.

by Anonymousreply 108March 19, 2024 4:08 PM

Susan and Geena look ridiculous treating their paying fans like that. What a couple of turds.

by Anonymousreply 109March 19, 2024 4:18 PM

r106, he's 76 and not making movies anymore. When you love cinema, you still want to be a part of it. It validates his career, gives him something to do. Cursory search brings him up at a net worth of $40 mil, and it's probably a lot less than that. If you could make $25,000-$100,000 over the course of 2-3 days, just talking to people who love you, getting your signature, taking photos with you, wouldn't you do it too?

by Anonymousreply 110March 19, 2024 4:20 PM

The $$$ is too good to turn down. I've read that Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus make $300,000 per appearance. Imagine making that much money in just a few hours!

by Anonymousreply 111March 19, 2024 4:33 PM

Yes I would do it. I wish I could do it.

by Anonymousreply 112March 19, 2024 5:05 PM

I think I'll do it. I'll charge $10. Who can turn that down? I'll just pretend I'm *somebody*.

by Anonymousreply 113March 19, 2024 5:08 PM

I wonder how Susan feels about The Rocky Horror Picture Show turning 50 next year? Would she show up to a reunion only to sneer at long-time fans of the film? She's had quite a long and illustrious career that includes an Oscar win, and it's nothing to sneeze at. Hugh Jackman has done plenty of Cons and I don't remember anyone saying he was a cunt. Lighten up Susan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114March 19, 2024 6:00 PM

[quote] I've read that Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus make $300,000 per appearance. Imagine making that much money in just a few hours!

For that much money, I'd even let them cop a feel if they tipped big. It's really no different than being a stripper in a club. Maybe that's why they have the boxes up--so people can't see what's really going on.

by Anonymousreply 115March 19, 2024 6:18 PM

Susan has shown up to RHPS events in the past and been interviewed for documentaries, etc. She doesn't do every single one, but she doesn't view the film as a negative at all. I don't think anyone in the cast did.

by Anonymousreply 116March 19, 2024 8:42 PM

Carpenter hadn't made Halloween money since the 2nd one. The Akkads owned the property.

He did score cash scoring the latest trilogy with his son but he didn't make as much off that franchise as you'd imagine.

by Anonymousreply 117March 19, 2024 9:01 PM

[quote] Susan has shown up to RHPS events in the past and been interviewed for documentaries, etc. She doesn't do every single one, but she doesn't view the film as a negative at all. I don't think anyone in the cast did.

What the hell is RHPS?

by Anonymousreply 118March 19, 2024 9:39 PM

R117 that’s about what I was going to add to this thread. Carpenter doesn’t even own a piece of the Halloween franchise, so going to cons is understandable in his case.

by Anonymousreply 119March 19, 2024 9:44 PM

R118 Rocky Horror Picture Show.

by Anonymousreply 120March 19, 2024 9:59 PM

[quote]I wonder how Susan feels about The Rocky Horror Picture Show turning 50 next year? Would she show up to a reunion only to sneer at long-time fans of the film? She's had quite a long and illustrious career that includes an Oscar win, and it's nothing to sneeze at. Hugh Jackman has done plenty of Cons and I don't remember anyone saying he was a cunt. Lighten up Susan!

Do you not think fans are lining up to have "Lorenzo's Oil" signed? I guarantee you she will make more in one weekend singing Rocky Horror stuff than she made making the movie. She also attended one of the first Rocky Conventions on Long Island in the late 70's.

by Anonymousreply 121March 19, 2024 10:11 PM

You’re utterly charming, [R98].

by Anonymousreply 122March 19, 2024 10:23 PM

Strike that @ [R122].

[R93] is utterly charming.

by Anonymousreply 123March 19, 2024 10:24 PM

Show him your battleship!

by Anonymousreply 124March 19, 2024 10:39 PM

Haven’t been a fan since she fucked Hillary over.

by Anonymousreply 125March 19, 2024 10:48 PM

R99- Interesting! I know who that is and that franchise is blah. She does not exactly look like a movie star either- so the bitch better be grateful.

by Anonymousreply 126March 19, 2024 11:06 PM

[quote]For that much money, I'd even let them cop a feel if they tipped big.

For that much money I'd give blowjobs to my more attractive male fans.

by Anonymousreply 127March 19, 2024 11:08 PM

R127=Bradley Cooper at the Wet Hot American Summer booth.

by Anonymousreply 128March 19, 2024 11:20 PM

John Carpenter was really dumb not to direct more of the Halloween movies. I'm sure he could have gotten a production credit if he had. He's always been difficult and thought he was the next Spielberg. Now he has to do these conventions to make money. Jamie Lee Curtis played it smart and made a fortune off of the Halloween reboots.

by Anonymousreply 129March 20, 2024 12:13 AM

R129 true. The reboots from the last few years have been by and large junk, but Carpenter should’ve came back at least for the 2018 one. It probably would’ve been more than just another brutal horror movie with his directorial choices, but who knows. JLC got a producing credit, and topped it all off by winning the Oscar after putting Laurie Strode to bed for good. She followed the money and it paid off.

by Anonymousreply 130March 20, 2024 12:20 AM

Can we talk about how awesome it is that Sleepaway Camp's Felissa Rose poses with fans wearing a fake penis?

Could you see Sarandon doing this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 20, 2024 1:27 AM

[quote]Sleepaway Camp's Felissa Rose poses with fans wearing a fake penis? Could you see Sarandon doing this?

Only behind a barrier with Brooke Shields in the "Pretty Baby" booth.

by Anonymousreply 132March 20, 2024 2:59 AM

[quote] The reboots from the last few years have been by and large junk, but Carpenter should’ve came back at least for the 2018 one. It probably would’ve been more than just another brutal horror movie with his directorial choices, but who knows. JLC got a producing credit, and topped it all off by winning the Oscar after putting Laurie Strode to bed for good. She followed the money and it paid off.

I don’t think he had a choice did he? David Gordon Green and Danny McBride wrote it themselves for Blumhouse and Carpenter was effectively cut out by the time they were on the scene.

by Anonymousreply 133March 20, 2024 5:28 AM

I bet Carpenter is glad he's not closely associated with the new Halloween trilogy. The first one was decent but the other two are not on the level of a John Carpenter horror movie. I think Halloween Kills and Halloween Ends will fade into obscurity like the disgusting Rob Zombie movies.

by Anonymousreply 134March 20, 2024 5:47 AM

R134 How dare you! They’re about trow-ma!

by Anonymousreply 135March 20, 2024 6:02 AM

R12 Who knew that Susan Sarandon had such immense political power!

by Anonymousreply 136March 20, 2024 6:27 AM

I see no reason at all to feel sorry for any person who goes to these Cons to make a few bucks . We all suffer such humiliations . I used to be a trial lawyer . Things didn’t go as planned . Now, as an elder , I do remote law work chained to my desk for a pathetic hourly fee. But a few bucks are better than no bucks .

I’d gladly sit on a bench next to cardboard boxes while crazy fans paid theirs respects and a little cash

by Anonymousreply 137March 20, 2024 8:06 AM

I doubt Susan needs the money. She works constantly. Maybe she did it to help out Geena Davis.

by Anonymousreply 138March 20, 2024 1:20 PM

She's probably using that money to support Cornel West's presidential campaign.

by Anonymousreply 139March 20, 2024 1:31 PM

This weekend is the Indianapolis Comic Con Convention......always lots of nice nerd dick walking around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140March 20, 2024 1:55 PM

Lindsay Wagner AND Lee Majors!

by Anonymousreply 141March 20, 2024 1:57 PM

Some of you have a weird idea about money; mainly, who has it and how much they may have.

by Anonymousreply 142March 20, 2024 2:06 PM

[quote]We all suffer such humiliations

I don't get the humiliation crap. These are just people, why you consider them anything more is beyond me. I have met hundreds of stars and celebrities, most are completely down to earth. I have met big stars at these shows and lots love it. They have egos and they get to talk about their work. They hear how their work might have affected someone's life and of course they get paid too.

by Anonymousreply 143March 20, 2024 4:14 PM

I hope Susan doesn't snack at her table like that nun Dolores Hart and her cronies.

by Anonymousreply 144March 20, 2024 4:47 PM

R39 It would have been worth going to this event just to fawn over Geena and completely ignore Susan.

by Anonymousreply 145March 20, 2024 4:54 PM

I've been to major cons, but also to informal gatherings. I've paid money to get Gates McFadden and Tricia Helfer to sign glossies, and I've paid $10 each for a selfie with two recurring actors on The Walking Dead.

The latter was more fun. They happened to be in Orlando that weekend, and one of them knew the owner of a comic book store, so they had a mini-con. You could tell these were genuine "working actors" who put the ten bucks toward rent.

by Anonymousreply 146March 20, 2024 6:13 PM

[quote] The $$$ is too good to turn down. I've read that Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus make $300,000 per appearance. Imagine making that much money in just a few hours!

I made far more than that in under 15 minutes and just by lying down and closing my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 147March 21, 2024 1:15 AM

R137, why do you feel humiliated? Will you feel humiliated when you retire and no longer have the identity of being an attorney of any sort?

by Anonymousreply 148March 21, 2024 1:16 AM

I didn't even consider that, r138. That makes more sense than the "Susan must really need 200k" theory.

by Anonymousreply 149March 21, 2024 4:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!