Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Facelifts on men

I'm only 36, so it's not something I'd even be considering for at least a couple of decades, but for some reason I fell into a rabbit hole this morning looking at galleries of mini facelift results, and was surprised at how much more natural they look now than decades ago. I can't think of any male entertainers that have gotten facelifts that didn't end up looking absolutely ridiculous, but maybe it's just bad facelifts are the only ones we notice?

Are there any male celebrities you can think of that you're almost positive have gotten a good one? Have you had one, and if so, do you think it was worth it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 9, 2024 1:38 AM

I had a facelift and neck lipo about 12 years ago. It was subtle; not Joan Rivers shit. No one notices but people do remark that I look young for my age. I’m happy with it but I do not look (or pretend to look) 10 years younger.

by Anonymousreply 1March 14, 2024 4:17 PM

Was Kenny’s unfortunate result from a facelift?

I remember when Kenny was on The Diane Rehm Show, Diane asked him what was up with his eyes, and he said the surgeon got them too tight. He said he wasn’t happy with the outcome. I felt bad for him. Then he died!

I’d like a mini-neck lift myself. Anyone here have one?

by Anonymousreply 2March 14, 2024 4:17 PM

I think they can be iffy for men. Just make sure you get a good doctor and review photos of previous work.

by Anonymousreply 3March 14, 2024 4:19 PM

[quote]I fell into a rabbit hole this morning looking at galleries of mini facelift results, and was surprised at how much more natural they look now than decades ago. I can't think of any male entertainers that have gotten facelifts that didn't end up looking absolutely ridiculous, but maybe it's just bad facelifts are the only ones we notice?

Your point is poorly written, but are you saying you think in general facelifts on women have gotten much more natural looking, but not on men? In my opinion, the truth is that some facelifts looks awful and some look good, but it has nothing to do with whether the subject is male or female.

by Anonymousreply 4March 14, 2024 4:26 PM

Would you consider this an example of a bad facelift? The guy was 71. I don't know, I feel like I can tell he's had a facelift, so that means it's bad, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 14, 2024 4:27 PM

I think it's a bad facelift, because you can totally tell. A good facelift, the person looks like he had a good night's rest or just returned from a relaxing vacation.

by Anonymousreply 6March 14, 2024 4:30 PM

Judging from the photos at R5, it might be obvious to me that the guy had a facelift if I were told he's 71, but if I didn't know that, I would say his face looks natural and I would guess his age as somewhere in his 50s or maybe around 60.

by Anonymousreply 7March 14, 2024 4:34 PM

R4 I was talking about women, but that's only because I really couldn't find a ton of good male examples. All of the ones I did find, the men were 70+ years old, so it's harder to tell if it's a "good" facelift or not. But we know that these, days actresses are getting facelifts younger and younger so that there's no radical/obvious change in photos. I was wondering if male celebrities in their 40's/early 50's might be doing the same.

by Anonymousreply 8March 14, 2024 4:34 PM

Here's another example. Again, I have no idea if this is a good facelift. I guess I would have to agree he looks younger, but I can't say he looks BETTER. It seems like it's so easy for them to be just a little too feminizing on men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 14, 2024 4:39 PM

r7, that would be a rough looking 50 something guy. I would say he looks like a fairly youthful 70 year old man, after the surgery.

by Anonymousreply 10March 14, 2024 4:43 PM

Moisturize, retinol, sunblock, and the occasional Botox and you’ll be fine. I’m 52 and look better than many of my friends because of a good skincare regime. Don’t butcher your face, OP. It’s always obvious.

by Anonymousreply 11March 14, 2024 4:44 PM

r9, That guy just needs a good haircut and overall better grooming.

by Anonymousreply 12March 14, 2024 4:45 PM

Op, spend your money on skincare and a good wardrobe. No amount of surgery will make up for poor grooming and a slobby appearance.

by Anonymousreply 13March 14, 2024 4:47 PM

Just don't have the end results looking like Barry Manilow or Eric Carmen.

by Anonymousreply 14March 14, 2024 4:49 PM

R9 looked fine, and IMO better, before the surgery.

by Anonymousreply 15March 14, 2024 4:50 PM

The guy at r5, all I see is a neck lift. Maybe under the eyes too but the lighting is so inconsistent it’s hard to tell.

R9 went for upper and lower eyes and looks really different.

by Anonymousreply 16March 14, 2024 4:50 PM

I've been using retin-a since I turned 30 and am obsessive about sun protection, so I'm counting on that to take me through my 50's. But I can't guarantee I wouldn't be vain enough to at least consider it if I start getting jowls or a turkey neck at some point.

by Anonymousreply 17March 14, 2024 4:51 PM

The guy at R5 has smaller eyes in the after pic, which is a sign of poor work.

The guy at R9 looks like he had upper and lower blepharoplasty, with pretty good results.

by Anonymousreply 18March 14, 2024 4:53 PM

Now THIS one seems like an example of really good work. Age 59. The guy not only looks younger, but genuinely better. What gets me is that these are all from the same doctor. So maybe it really is just luck of the draw/genes that determine how well your face will take to surgery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 14, 2024 4:58 PM

Phyllis Diller said that men should never have facelifts because it emasculates their features. That's one of the most astute observations about this procedure.

by Anonymousreply 20March 14, 2024 4:58 PM

The guy at R5 looks better, IMO. But his fucking eyebrows, mustache, and one earring. Trim the eyebrows, shave the mustache, and take out the earring.

The guy at R9 looks better, as well. However, he also got a pretty aggressive eye lift (which is separate from a face lift). Agree that he needs to groom himself. He looks like he could use a hot shower and a loofah sponge.

by Anonymousreply 21March 14, 2024 4:59 PM

I hate grey beards on old men, I says this as an old man.

by Anonymousreply 22March 14, 2024 5:02 PM

For most men, the only thing that really works for men is a neck lift/correction, whatever they call it. If your eyes are disappearing, maybe a subtle eye lift. The guy at r5 would look better with just the neck lift, IMHO

I think r9 is pretty good, though

by Anonymousreply 23March 14, 2024 5:02 PM

Stay trim, wear age appropriate clothes, collard shirts look much better on older people, shave and get a good haircut...it's not that difficult.

by Anonymousreply 24March 14, 2024 5:08 PM

Jane Fonda is about the only person I can think of who‘s always had amazing plastic surgery.

Most end up looking like a muppet.

by Anonymousreply 25March 14, 2024 5:08 PM

So you want to look good or at least as good as possible as you age? Stay fit (exercise and healthy diet) life long and maintain a stable weight. Dont burn the candle at both ends with drugs and drink. Get enough sleep- maintain good grooming habits- emphasize classic dress. Stay away from toxic people. Be kind and f st outtake yourself seriously.

Stay away from cosmetic and surgical intervention-

I guarantee you, you will look good as you age. Remember only the lucky live long lives.

by Anonymousreply 26March 14, 2024 5:13 PM

“Don’t take yourself seriously”

by Anonymousreply 27March 14, 2024 5:14 PM

[quote]Jane Fonda is about the only person I can think of who‘s always had amazing plastic surgery.

Deidre Hall is the gold standard on plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 28March 14, 2024 5:15 PM

I'd consider this great work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 14, 2024 5:16 PM

People remark on how good my father looks for 91. He’s rarely been sick in his life, eats healthy, is healthy, and has a good attitude about life. We should all be so lucky.

by Anonymousreply 30March 14, 2024 5:18 PM

Men should never have knife surgery.

Men should have, starting in the 30s, TREATMENTS.

I had full facial Thermage, with extra zaps on the jowl area and lower lid laser blepharoplasty when I was 40.

Interesting thing:

During the laser lid lift, my resurfacing surgeon said she got done early but had more time on the laser, and she asked if there was any other place I wanted to be tightened. In doing research for my eyes, I found that it is not the actual wrinkles or sags that are aging, but how the face ages and how those wrinkles and sags are perceived. In particular, the sag and drag marks, which are the first to be sliced on a full facelift, are the most aging. The lines that make your face appear to be melting from the ears. I asked her to remove my face sag lines and the ladder between my eyes (the Botox lines). I will never forget her saying, as she was resurfacing the drag lines, that she never imagined how deep the lines went. But they WENT!

I am 67 now, and the collagen that the surgeon stimulated on the ear sag lines removal has been wonderful, as I still do not have face drag lines and do not give off subliminal signals for how old my face is.

Start youngish, do maintenance.

by Anonymousreply 31March 14, 2024 5:19 PM

Why bother?

by Anonymousreply 32March 14, 2024 5:28 PM

r32, if you ask that question, this is not the tread for you.

Thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 33March 14, 2024 5:30 PM

Oh, I'm not done playing, doll.

by Anonymousreply 34March 14, 2024 5:33 PM

See the guy in r29 was smart re upper eyelids. He didn’t go for the whole “startled awake” look. Just a bit of a trim.

by Anonymousreply 35March 14, 2024 5:36 PM

Because I love you people, I studied who was good over COVID on Instagram and the surgeons who do men on Sandy Linter's following list are the best I've seen. Sandy was Gia Cargangi's dear friend and makeup artist, was in the middle of Studio 54, and looks amazing for her age. Just go through the list at the link and start looking at the surgeons who do men's facelifts. Secrets will be unlocked. I won't go so far as to tell you who I'll go to when the time comes, but he's in there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 14, 2024 5:37 PM

My one major issue with facelifts and other invasive procedures for men is how rarely there are any good examples. Celebrities can somehow go crazy but on the other hand they have the money and knowledge to do it right, so if it goes wrong for them. Just last Monday i was looking at Ryan Gosling at the Oscars and wondering if he wouldn’t look better without that plastic look (sort of in character right now). David Beckham appeared recently almost unrecognizable.

So yes, i would be very afraid to go that way.

by Anonymousreply 37March 14, 2024 5:41 PM

R36 Jesus, how the hell are we supposed to guess from their names which ones do male facelifts? The first 'MD' I clicked on had an instagram full of deformed tits and ear tumors. Can you at least provide some of the names so we don't have to guess?

by Anonymousreply 38March 14, 2024 5:44 PM

R22 what about Cynthia Bailey's ex, Peter Thomas? I kinda dig his beard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 14, 2024 6:05 PM

r34, move along, toots.

by Anonymousreply 40March 14, 2024 6:16 PM

Paul Rudd. Rob Lowe until the last one. Sadly, now he is feminized.

by Anonymousreply 41March 14, 2024 6:19 PM

I second Paul Rudd. I don't buy for a second that he's just this magical ageless vampire. It's either a great facelift or Co2 resurfacing.

by Anonymousreply 42March 14, 2024 6:39 PM

An issue for men and face lifts is that most of them don't wear long hair with fake extensions to help cover the sides of their face.

by Anonymousreply 43March 14, 2024 6:39 PM

Kenny Rogers' initial surgery wasn't all that bad........if he was a random dude it would have been nothing to take a second glance at, but it so drastically changed how he looked.

I used to joke he not only got a facelift, it was like he had a whole new host body!

by Anonymousreply 44March 14, 2024 6:41 PM

I thought the problem with Kenny Rogers was he both a drinking problem and a facelift.

by Anonymousreply 45March 14, 2024 6:46 PM

R42 why not facelift AND good skin work. His neck and chin are SMOOTH. His eyes are more open now than in his 20s.

by Anonymousreply 46March 14, 2024 6:52 PM

R1 They notice but they're too polite to say so (who would point out it unless you're a completely tactless rude cunt?) They get that you want to look young and tell you so.

by Anonymousreply 47March 14, 2024 7:01 PM

I'm thinking Co2 laser resurfacing is definitely the way to go for men. And yeah, it's got to be what Paul Rudd is doing. 100% Jared Leto as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 14, 2024 7:06 PM

This is the first I've heard of this Co2 thing.

by Anonymousreply 49March 14, 2024 7:12 PM

I want to know the name of Michelle's Yeoh's surgeon. The work she's had done is flawless. She had the perfect amount of tightening done, but kept a few wrinkles for a more natural appearance. And she has the cleavage of someone in their 20s, with no crepey skin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 14, 2024 7:19 PM

There is no cleavage in that picture.

by Anonymousreply 51March 14, 2024 7:21 PM

[quote]I want to know the name of Michelle's Yeoh's surgeon.

And yet you can tell or assume that she's had work.

by Anonymousreply 52March 14, 2024 7:22 PM

R52 Anyone who looks that good at her age has had work—period. Regardless of what celebrities want you to think (and we desperately want to believe), that can't be achieved with skincare and a healthy diet alone, on ANYONE.

by Anonymousreply 53March 14, 2024 7:25 PM

A face lift isn't enough. You have to break bones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54March 14, 2024 7:25 PM

I'm half Brazilian. Plastic surgery is so common in Brazil but you rarely see bad facelifts. Models die from time to time getting unnecessary pre-fashion event lipos and women in poorer neighborhoods get horrific butt implants, but the quality of plastic surgery is otherwise quite high.

by Anonymousreply 55March 14, 2024 7:30 PM

John Wayne and Cary Grant had very good plastic surgery. Just enough not to look permanently tired, not to look younger.

by Anonymousreply 56March 14, 2024 7:42 PM

Have you had any yourself, R55?

by Anonymousreply 57March 14, 2024 7:54 PM

She’s already Asian,r 50, so that helps.

by Anonymousreply 58March 14, 2024 8:29 PM

R58 That's a myth—Asians do not naturally age any better than whites. The only reason they might is because contemporary Asian cultures are sunscreen and skincare obsessed (and have far more advanced sunscreens than we do). But there's nothing in Asian genes that slow the signs of aging. Normal Asian women north of 60 look like little pocket prunes.

by Anonymousreply 59March 14, 2024 8:36 PM

There’s face lifts and then there’s eye surgeries. In Rogers’s case, it was the horrible eye treatments that made him look so odd. Ditto Jackie Gleason.

by Anonymousreply 60March 14, 2024 8:50 PM

Cynthia Bailey’s ex-husband looks like Papa Smurf. Not attractive, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 61March 14, 2024 8:51 PM

R59 I disagree, and that's your opinion of course, I have seen and worked with Asian women north of 60 and most look at least 20 years younger than white women, and they know it too. It's genetics first, most people even in Asia don't regularly use sunscreen, that's absurd, most don't in Europe or America where it's needed. Fuck off frau cunt, we can tell.

by Anonymousreply 62March 14, 2024 8:52 PM

R62 I rode the subway for 22 years. I've seen how non-rich Asian ladies age. And they damn sure didn't look 20 years younger than white women.

by Anonymousreply 63March 14, 2024 8:56 PM

What? Asian wonen in Asia do use sunscreen.

by Anonymousreply 64March 14, 2024 9:04 PM

This is the best work I've ever seen in my life. She's 61 years old!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 14, 2024 9:07 PM

R64 Of course they do—diligently. They also rarely walk out in the sun without an umbrella/parasol.

by Anonymousreply 66March 14, 2024 9:23 PM

Ageless wonders!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 14, 2024 9:24 PM

[quote] I felt bad for him. Then he died!

I beg of you, r2, please don’t feel bad for me.

by Anonymousreply 68March 14, 2024 9:31 PM

R62, I'm not R59 but you are comically mistaken about Asian women not using sunscreen.

They cover up and wear sunscreen and often even walk around with umbrellas in Asia. Many of the best sunscreens and creams come from Korea!

by Anonymousreply 69March 14, 2024 10:11 PM

Kenny Rogers was always average looking.

by Anonymousreply 70March 14, 2024 10:16 PM

I wonder if Miss Rona finished off Kenny. He died March 20. 2020. He was in hospice care, but a lot of people who died in 2020 were old folks under care.

by Anonymousreply 71March 14, 2024 10:21 PM

Koreans also go to the dermatologists regularly. That profession is similar to nail salons in the States, plentiful and not overly expensive.

by Anonymousreply 72March 14, 2024 10:24 PM

R59, I actually meant how some people with too many surgeries can end up looking more asian. But noted.

by Anonymousreply 73March 14, 2024 10:46 PM

For the right price, you can channel Lil Kim too.

by Anonymousreply 74March 14, 2024 10:49 PM

R65 that video is filtered within an inch of Michelle Yeoh's life.

by Anonymousreply 75March 14, 2024 11:28 PM

Facelifts really don’t look good on either gender to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 76March 14, 2024 11:44 PM

These celebrities are gifted free work and the results are oftentimes ludicrous.

They ought to pay for the best who can be counted on to provide discreet and subtle enhancements.

by Anonymousreply 77March 14, 2024 11:56 PM

A good facelift goes unnoticed. You just look refreshed.

by Anonymousreply 78March 15, 2024 12:07 AM

R31, it sounds like you did a ton of stuff without going under the KNIFE. Honestly, so what if a man wants to get KNIFE surgery on his face.

by Anonymousreply 79March 15, 2024 4:20 AM

Scars and keloids, r79.

by Anonymousreply 80March 15, 2024 5:01 AM

R25, Tab Hunter had excellent surgery.

by Anonymousreply 81March 15, 2024 5:08 AM

So many delusional posters here. Newsflash to those who assume all or most facelifts just end up looking bad: you’re only noticing the bad ones. The vast majority go unnoticed, either because the results are underwhelming, or are good but subtle.

It’s 2024. The techniques, modalities, and technology involved are very different from 30+ years ago.

by Anonymousreply 82March 15, 2024 5:12 AM

Meryl has had good work done. She‘s in her 70s and looks good. She isn’t pretending to be anything but her age — but she has a great figure and looks rested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83March 15, 2024 9:30 AM

Surgery in men is always a difficult prospect.

Cillian Murphy has turned into Gillian, a well-preserved 60 year old woman with excessive fillers.

by Anonymousreply 84March 15, 2024 10:20 AM

I know that some guys have a form of laser resurfacing. It’s called an ablative laser, and it burns off your outer layer of skin and stimulates collagen to form in the layer below. But your face looks like hamburger after and the resulting skin is really sensitive to even moderate sunlight.

My colleague had this procedure done, and wore a tinted sunscreen after. So his face was generally smooth, but had a doll-like appearance, and the pink sunscreen looked like makeup.

I can’t see doing that if you’re fair skinned like me. Also your skin gets thinner as you age, possibly due to hormonal changes.

by Anonymousreply 85March 15, 2024 11:02 AM

R84 I don’t think Cillian has messed with his face, I think he just has an unusual looking kind of baby face. I knew a guy like that many years ago.

by Anonymousreply 86March 15, 2024 2:14 PM

[quote]I know that some guys have a form of laser resurfacing. It’s called an ablative laser, and it burns off your outer layer of skin and stimulates collagen to form in the layer below. But your face looks like hamburger after and the resulting skin is really sensitive to even moderate sunlight.

But is that a permanent condition once you have the procedure done, or only temporary? I don't understand why it would be permanent.

by Anonymousreply 87March 15, 2024 6:09 PM

I've used Retin A since the mid 1980s. I am going the super conservative route. I do light home peels a couple times a year and I spend money on a great cosmetic dermatologist who is an expert with the laser to removes all skin blemishes that come along starting in the 50s. So not blanket resurfacing. Next up he is going to do spider veins.

Overall this means my skin is aging, my neck and face is aging, along with the rest of my body, but I look neat and clean.

by Anonymousreply 88March 15, 2024 6:15 PM

R87 because of all the laser removals I have had, I am not supposed to expose my face without sun block. Forever.

by Anonymousreply 89March 15, 2024 6:17 PM

R63 again that would be YOUR opinion and observation, I don't agree, subway means nothing.

by Anonymousreply 90March 15, 2024 7:19 PM

If it's any comfort, it's what everyone should be doing anyway, r89.

by Anonymousreply 91March 15, 2024 7:49 PM

There are plenty of good facelifts around. They are usually found on celebrities who are praised for “aging naturally.”

by Anonymousreply 92March 15, 2024 8:08 PM

[quote]Because of all the laser removals I have had, I am not supposed to expose my face without sun block. Forever.

Thanks, but I still don't understand why the lower levels of skin exposed don't eventually become less sensitive. Doesn't the body keep producing new skin cells even into old age, in order to replace the skin lost through natural exfoliation?

by Anonymousreply 93March 16, 2024 1:25 AM

R93 I don't know but I listen to the dermatologist. I believe there is less melanin after the lasers and it doesn't come back.

by Anonymousreply 94March 16, 2024 1:44 AM

This has nothing to do with facelifts but given there seems to be some skin experts on here I will ask anyway.

If Michael Jackson had stopped bleaching his skin, would he eventually have become black again, or would his skin be damaged or whatever. I know it’s a stupid question but it’s just something I wondered about when he became a total freak show.

by Anonymousreply 95March 16, 2024 8:08 AM

r94 the reason is the skin that the resurfacing exposes is not undamaged, the whole reason you get the resurfacing to remove sun damaged skin. So you have to protect it with a high spf.

by Anonymousreply 96March 16, 2024 1:34 PM

brad pitt is supposed to have had a very good face lift

by Anonymousreply 97March 16, 2024 2:10 PM

R31, can you explain lower lid laser blepharoplasty? post some before and after pics?

by Anonymousreply 98March 16, 2024 2:14 PM

At least a couple decades? When you were a teen? You’re psychotic

by Anonymousreply 99March 16, 2024 2:16 PM

I'm not R31, r98, but why don't you do your own goddamn research. Jesus. There's nothing the noise me more than people thinking posters should be their fucking assistants.

by Anonymousreply 100March 16, 2024 2:17 PM

I once met a man in his seventies who had had three facelifts. His skin was stretched very taut, but it didn’t disguise the fact he was an old man who looked like an old lady.

by Anonymousreply 101March 16, 2024 2:28 PM

michael dogulas had at least 1

by Anonymousreply 102March 16, 2024 2:38 PM

Joe Biden's military medical center face lift is pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 103March 16, 2024 2:45 PM

R95, I’m not a skin expert, but I have vitiligo, the same autoimmune condition MJ had.

Vitiligo happens when the immune system mistakenly kills melanocytes, the cells that give skin pigment, leaving random patches of skin that look as though they’d been bleached.

It can be distressing to someone who has it, as it obviously changes one’s appearance, particularly if the face is affected. When more than half the body is affected, sometimes people choose to have their remaining skin depigmented using some type of chemicals from/at their doctor. While depigmented skin doesn’t look natural, it doesn’t have the startling contrast of vitiligo. Depigmentation is permanent when completed.

That’s what Michael Jackson did— he had vitiligo that caused his skin to lose pigment in random patches. Naturally he panicked. Nowhere near 50% of his skin was affected, but being a public figure, he opted to have his skin completely depigmented. The color would never have come back. However, if it did, he’d still have vitiligo.

There’s no cure for vitiligo or other autoimmune conditions, just treatments. For a long time there hadn’t been a very effective treatment for it, but last year they came out with a cream that works pretty well. I’ve been using it for four months or so and the vitiligo on my face is starting to repigment.

by Anonymousreply 104March 16, 2024 3:12 PM

It's amazing how much plastic surgery can change a person's appearance. I wouldn't give this guy a second look before his surgery, but would definitely do him now.

It looks like the surgeon broke bones and reconstructed his face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 16, 2024 3:16 PM

i know how important sunscreen is but what sunscreen is safe to put in your eye area?

by Anonymousreply 106March 16, 2024 3:18 PM

r100, as well as the fact that I wanted no evidence of what was corrected.

r31

by Anonymousreply 107March 16, 2024 4:01 PM

Flawless

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108March 16, 2024 4:12 PM

[quote]Cillian Murphy has turned into Gillian, a well-preserved 60 year old woman with excessive fillers.

Cillian Murphy is a handsome guy but like Matthew McConaughey lost too much weight for the role. Oppenheimer was very gaunt and Murphy wanted the look. Unfortunate for both, neither will be as good looking as they were.

by Anonymousreply 109March 16, 2024 4:17 PM

R81, Yes, he did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110March 16, 2024 4:21 PM

R104 thank you for your reply. I hope this new cream you are using does work.

by Anonymousreply 111March 16, 2024 4:31 PM

r104, I also come from an Italian family where vitiligo runs rampant. I have many tortoise shelled uncles and cousins.

My mom had little patches of dark skin, but they were in places where it only limited her bathing suit choices.

Until menopause.

Those melanocyte killers went into overdrive and ate up ALL of my mom's melanin.

My mom went from her "normal" coloring to not having a patch of color.

All of her freckles disappeared, and she went white, not gray, haired. She had the skin of a pink lab rat.

I was told it was part of a genetic immune disease CLUSTER that runs through our family as to the metabolism of Iodine and Thyroid hormones.

r31

by Anonymousreply 112March 16, 2024 5:29 PM

"the way he was hotter before". ?

what does this mean

by Anonymousreply 113March 16, 2024 5:32 PM

R105 funny you choose a picture that is labelled "hotter before" to illustrate the exact opposite. I guess you like plastic doll looks. Good for you!

by Anonymousreply 114March 16, 2024 5:34 PM

R113 are you austistic? Incel? It means the person who posted that on X thinks the man was hot before the plastic surgery, with his masculine natural face with huge features. DUH

by Anonymousreply 115March 16, 2024 5:35 PM

Looking at r105 I wondered how on earth the doctor made his face wider?? but it was an optical illusion made by reducing the chin, lol.

by Anonymousreply 116March 16, 2024 8:51 PM

R101 Was that old man Cher?

by Anonymousreply 117March 16, 2024 9:05 PM

R106 I don't think there's any sunscreen that isn't going to burn if it melts and gets in your eyes, but physical (mineral) sunscreen seems to be a bit gentler than chemical.

by Anonymousreply 118March 16, 2024 9:11 PM

Sunglasses and spf. If you do sports in the sun use a non-sweat off spf but yeah it will still get in your eyes and sting like a son of a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 119March 18, 2024 2:50 AM

I just saw Kelly Clarkson's show with Richard Marx and Rick Springfield. That would be two examples of bad facelifts on men. Holy shit they looked like two lesbians,.

by Anonymousreply 120March 18, 2024 7:14 PM

Springfield has looked bad, as far as facelifts, for years.

Thoughts on Kenny Loggins and Daryl Hall, 76 and 77 respectively?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121March 18, 2024 11:39 PM

I don't know if Daryl has had a facelift, or if it's Lyme disease but he also looks like an old Lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 122March 19, 2024 12:35 AM

It seems like celebrity hold outs get facelifts ...AND THEN THEY DIE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123March 19, 2024 12:39 AM

R120, I had to check it out when you posted that and Jeez, you're 100% correct. That's horrendous work.

by Anonymousreply 124March 19, 2024 12:41 AM

Biden

by Anonymousreply 125March 19, 2024 7:16 AM

Weird that facelifts are rare in some cultures and common in others. I don’t think villain had a face lift, he looks irish

by Anonymousreply 126March 19, 2024 9:11 AM

Biden does look like his face has been yanked as tight as a snare drum.

by Anonymousreply 127March 19, 2024 11:27 PM

Biden looks great!

by Anonymousreply 128March 19, 2024 11:34 PM

r76 Thanks for being honest.

by Anonymousreply 129March 19, 2024 11:34 PM

That's because the good ones don't get credited as facelifts. r76.

Nobody recognizes them as a face lift.

People only "see" bad ones.

by Anonymousreply 130March 20, 2024 12:15 AM

Lorenzo Lamas has had some really bad work done.Ots smoothed out a bit but yikes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 20, 2024 1:02 AM

r103, also a very bad nose job and hair transplants. So weird that he has had more plastic surgery than a lot of women.

I worked with MJ pretty much right before he died, and he definitely had vitiligo- his nail beds were white as snow- there is no way you could bleach nail beds white.

Al Pacino had a bad facelift and eye job.

by Anonymousreply 132March 20, 2024 1:59 AM

What the hell was that word salad from Lorenzo Lamas about not calling it quits on marriage? He's been married around five times. What a dumb ass.

by Anonymousreply 133March 20, 2024 5:42 AM

R132 what did Michael Jackson really look like close up? I know there was that german doctor who eventually managed to fix his nose by taking cartilage from his ear. Was it a real shock to see him the first time, given how odd he looked.

by Anonymousreply 134March 20, 2024 10:24 AM

R132 please do answer R134. I really want to know, too.

by Anonymousreply 135March 20, 2024 1:37 PM

Very frail, thin (his legs were the size of my arms), ghostly white (I've seen black/asian/white people with bad vitiligo and he definitely matches them). We weren't supposed to talk to him, but he was friendly. I didn't get that close to him, so it was hard to say if he had the grafted nose, but I do know that he did use to wear a prosthetic nose all the time- people in my industry confirm this). He was very childlike in behavior, and when his kids visited one day, was very engaging with them. When he wasn't rehearsing, he looked like he couldn't walk across the room, but when rehearsing, he became Michael Jackson. Production had to hide the stunts from him, because he would insist on doing them. We actually had to lighten up his stunt double, who was a white guy, while MJ's makeup artist darkened him.

But even watching, "Michael Jackson" you knew that there was no way he could sustain a 3 month tour. The dancers were slavishly devoted to him, and Orianthi (sp) was and is a badass. One of my co-workers secretly recorded a lot of the rehearsals, Sony found out later after he died, and instead of penalizing her (no photos or videos), they paid her off because it was an alternative bonus material that they could utilize in the future.

We did 5 or 6 videos for his tour, and they were all supposed to be in 3D, which the only one you'll see is the Thriller in This Is It.

by Anonymousreply 136March 20, 2024 2:24 PM

waxen flaxen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137March 20, 2024 6:49 PM

I just saw a recent video of Martin Yan (Yan Can Cook). He has had a face and eye lift. Plus dyed hair. However, he looks good, not overly feminized. The only negative was that his sideburns areas had no hair. His hairline on the sides was pulled back as well.

However, lorry hill the youtuber had a mid-face lift and said that she was going to get hair transplants on her sideburns areas.

by Anonymousreply 138March 20, 2024 8:16 PM

R138 Yeah, that's always the surest giveaway. Even though the scars are much less noticeable with modern facelifts and they stopped with the pixie ears, there's really no other explanation for the suddenly hairless sideburns. That's not an area that's naturally affected by any form of hairloss.

by Anonymousreply 139March 20, 2024 8:54 PM

You see what you want to see r130.

👓

by Anonymousreply 140March 21, 2024 12:33 AM

Thank you R136

by Anonymousreply 141March 21, 2024 9:35 AM

R136 thank you for replying. I had heard about the prosthetic nose, but it did get fixed eventually by that doctor who was flown over from Germany. He actually spoke about the operation in an interview and said that Michael was trying to turn himself into a white woman.

by Anonymousreply 142March 21, 2024 4:41 PM

This is the interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143March 21, 2024 5:01 PM

Thanks r143. Dr Steven Hoefflin should have his license taken away for doing all of that to MJ (at least 7 procedures) , but I guess MJ would find someone else to ruin his face.

by Anonymousreply 144March 21, 2024 5:10 PM

how much does lip fillers cost?

by Anonymousreply 145March 30, 2024 8:49 PM

What procedure or treatment is best for a sagging neck?

by Anonymousreply 146March 30, 2024 10:02 PM

That would be a neck lift, R146.

by Anonymousreply 147March 30, 2024 10:04 PM

Are they easy to spot R147?

by Anonymousreply 148March 30, 2024 10:10 PM

R146

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149March 30, 2024 10:13 PM

R145 Do your own research, dumbass

by Anonymousreply 150March 30, 2024 10:14 PM

what about vitamins supplements like collagen? scam or real deal?

by Anonymousreply 151March 30, 2024 10:25 PM

That neck lift cleaned up his jowls and everything.

That's going to be the first procedure I have done. I caught a glimpse of my neck in the mirror yesterday as I was turning my head, and happened to see myself at an angle I never usually see. It looked downright scrotal!

by Anonymousreply 152March 30, 2024 10:28 PM

I believe there are these injections that can get rid of your neck fat. not sure if they work but the are not cheap!

by Anonymousreply 153March 30, 2024 10:30 PM

Kybella, R153?

I think that only works if it's just fat that's your problem. But it won't do anything for the loose skin/crepiness. Maybe if you coupled Kybella with a Co2 laser session or two. But at that point, you'd be spending almost as much as you would for a neck lift.

by Anonymousreply 154March 30, 2024 10:33 PM

My problem is because I lost weight, good for my health, but not so great for my face and neck.

by Anonymousreply 155March 30, 2024 11:05 PM

r155 Ok

by Anonymousreply 156March 30, 2024 11:25 PM

Embrace your maturity.

by Anonymousreply 157March 30, 2024 11:26 PM

Eye jobs work well for women but often go really wrong on men's faces for some reason. Mario Lopez fucked his face up like that. The eye jobs look so out of place on an a man's face. I would stick to neck and jowl work but never ever get my eyes done.

by Anonymousreply 158March 31, 2024 3:23 AM

I had Kybella a few years ago. It was okay…it reduced fat and there was some tightening but nothing miraculous.

by Anonymousreply 159March 31, 2024 6:56 AM

R159. Did the work last?

by Anonymousreply 160April 6, 2024 9:59 PM

I told Michael If I don't need it, neither does he.

by Anonymousreply 161April 7, 2024 10:41 AM

^CZJ

by Anonymousreply 162April 7, 2024 11:25 AM

Mario’s face looks almost Asian to me now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163April 7, 2024 5:35 PM

The before photos always exaggerate the eye sockets with shadows and the after photos pop them with pin spots.

by Anonymousreply 164April 7, 2024 6:15 PM

r163 the fillers under the eyes do it every time.

by Anonymousreply 165April 7, 2024 7:18 PM

R160 The fat hasn’t come back, but gravity marches on…

by Anonymousreply 166April 9, 2024 1:14 AM

When I had my upper eyes done at the age of 39, my doctor told me the work would last for another 30 years. It’s now almost 28 years later & the surgery’s held up.

by Anonymousreply 167April 9, 2024 1:25 AM

[quote]I’d like a mini-neck lift myself. Anyone here have one?

You can't get just your neck done without doing a lift of your lower face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 9, 2024 1:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!