Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bruce Willis may be nearing the end

Not only are Bruce Willis’ family members and friends preparing for a sad goodbye as the actor battles frontotemporal dementia, but they are “extremely anxious” about his weight loss and decreased appetite.

“He doesn’t express hunger much,” an insider tells In Touch exclusively about the iconic actor’s decline. “According to family members, the challenge at home is making sure that he’s getting enough to eat, that he’s not skipping mealtime, and that his diet is filled with foods that have the chance to improve his health instead of subtract from it. This is a sad situation that should be familiar to anybody who is dealing with a close family member with dementia or Alzheimer’s.”

The alarming update of Bruce’s condition comes amid news that his disease has “progressed quickly,” and that wife Emma Heming, Bruce’s five daughters and ex-wife Demi Moore are doing everything they can to spend time with him and keep him comfortable. Bruce – who will turn 69 on March 19 – is already living life in a deteriorated state.

“He’s not totally verbal; he used to be a voracious reader — he didn’t want anyone to know that — and he’s not reading now,” the action film star’s good friend Glenn Gordon Caron revealed about his condition in October 2023, as he tries to see Bruce at least once a month. “All those language skills are no longer available to him.” The insider further tells In Touch that his acuity has worsened since then, adding, “He can’t communicate anymore, and he has difficulty recognizing people.”

If anyone in his life is going the extra mile, it’s Emma, 45, who spends her time making sure Bruce is as cared for as possible.

“She continues to be the best person on the planet to look after Bruce, protecting him from the everyday hazards that can be dangerous for somebody with his illness,” the source tells In Touch, additionally noting that this time in their lives together has been incredibly tough for the model. That said, however, she still spends her time raising awareness for dementia and makes a point to regularly speak about the importance of mental health for primary caretakers.

As his weight and decreased appetite increasingly become signs of a slope downward, Bruce’s family is trying to be brave.

“Everybody’s staying positive about Bruce’s future and hopeful that he finds some kind of comfortable plateau or even, God willing, shows signs of improvement,” says the insider. No matter what, his family members are dedicated to spending as much time with him as they can.

“They know being in the presence of his family seems to bring him a lot of comfort, so that is what they focus on,” the source says. “No matter how much time Bruce has left, they want him to be surrounded by love and happiness.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92April 1, 2024 3:16 PM

That has to be a nightmare for them. I wonder how aware of his situation HE is. He was just so wicked quick and twinkily and bright in the Moonlighting / Die Hard years. He is lucky that he has a devoted family to care for him.

by Anonymousreply 1March 9, 2024 6:29 AM

My co-worker just lost a sister who was only in her late 40's, to dementia.

Once the person stops eating, it's essentially over.

by Anonymousreply 2March 9, 2024 6:39 AM

[quote]Once the person stops eating, it's essentially over.

Yes. It’s the body’s way of preparing for death.

by Anonymousreply 3March 9, 2024 7:31 AM

This is very sad news. I really like Bruce Willis and was ashamed to see him shuffled onto multiple film sets in the past few years to stand there and look blankly at the wall in front of the camera or try to mumble a few words when he was clearly very ill and affected by dementia and shouldn't have been there. He should have been allowed his dignity and his stellar film legacy. I don't know who allowed that but all of them should be shot (studio execs, producers, family and whoever else enabled it).

Yes if he's stopped eating then he will die soon. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 4March 9, 2024 7:41 AM

So much for the "Sad last days" headline. You disappoint, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5March 9, 2024 7:55 AM

See you soon, Brucey.

by Anonymousreply 6March 9, 2024 8:40 AM

I was still thinking about Bruce Willis and how sad everything is.

Did anyone else try to watch any of his final movies? Most were sci-fi which I love but they were all beyond painful. He was visually vacant and couldn't deliver lines. No spark. It was terrible. He shouldn't have been on film. Does anyone know who let that happen?

He's 69 according to Google.

by Anonymousreply 7March 9, 2024 9:05 AM

Sad indeed. Though I question the decision to divulge all this detailed information, seems somewhat exploitative as he clearly is in no condition to decide on it.

by Anonymousreply 8March 9, 2024 9:17 AM

[quote]So much for the "Sad last days" headline. You disappoint, OP.

I am not disappointed OP. Thanks for avoiding that tired DL meme.

by Anonymousreply 9March 9, 2024 9:27 AM

[quote] Though I question the decision to divulge all this detailed information, seems somewhat exploitative as he clearly is in no condition to decide on it.

Give me a break. He has people to give up their lives and sanity to care for him. The time for false pride is long past.

by Anonymousreply 10March 9, 2024 11:45 AM

R8 It's not his family divulging this information. In Touch just lists "an insider" as its source, which probably means some staff writer who googled "end stage dementia symptoms".

by Anonymousreply 11March 9, 2024 1:05 PM

R11 will be eating his/her words in a few days or weeks.

by Anonymousreply 12March 9, 2024 1:16 PM

Good. The world needs one less Trump supporting Republican.

by Anonymousreply 13March 9, 2024 1:21 PM

[quote] [R11] will be eating his/her words in a few days or weeks.

Eating more than me!

by Anonymousreply 14March 9, 2024 1:22 PM

I highly doubt that Bruce is or was ever a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 15March 9, 2024 1:22 PM

Definitely a Republican, but sure if he was a Trumpist.

by Anonymousreply 16March 9, 2024 1:23 PM

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 17March 9, 2024 1:23 PM

r15 and r16

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 9, 2024 1:25 PM

Well, there we have it. What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 19March 9, 2024 1:27 PM

I’m so fucking sick of the unhinged politics trolls on Datalounge who MUST shit out something about Trump or who once voted for who in every. Fucking. Thread.

by Anonymousreply 20March 9, 2024 1:30 PM

r20 is late for her Log Cabin Gays meeting.

by Anonymousreply 21March 9, 2024 1:31 PM

Sad when the good dick dies.

by Anonymousreply 22March 9, 2024 1:38 PM

MAGA hats are notoriously an early symptom of dementia R18: it's a pretty steep downslide after that.

by Anonymousreply 23March 9, 2024 1:38 PM

R29, you ok hun?

by Anonymousreply 24March 9, 2024 1:42 PM

I can't wait to see what R29 has to say!

R24, can you tell me today's Powerball numbers?

by Anonymousreply 25March 9, 2024 1:43 PM

r24 is hitting the bottle early this morning.

by Anonymousreply 26March 9, 2024 1:45 PM

Does that mean Demi and her two ugly daughters are MAGA too?

Good to know.

They're now dead to me!

by Anonymousreply 27March 9, 2024 1:45 PM

OP we have a very specific format for this

SAD LAST DAYS!

by Anonymousreply 28March 9, 2024 1:45 PM

im ok

by Anonymousreply 29March 9, 2024 1:46 PM

SAD LAST DAYS!

by Anonymousreply 30March 9, 2024 1:48 PM

I honestly haven't been very engaged with the Bruce Willis saga. It seems that this all came on rather quickly. But again, I wasn't paying that close attention.

by Anonymousreply 31March 9, 2024 1:49 PM

Does all the weight loss make his dick look bigger?

by Anonymousreply 32March 9, 2024 2:21 PM

Has he ever mentioned Aaron Carter's tight boy pussy, in one of his dementia spells?

by Anonymousreply 33March 9, 2024 2:24 PM

R32 it was already huge, did it need to look even bigger?

by Anonymousreply 34March 9, 2024 4:20 PM

Link to Bruce's huge dick, please!

by Anonymousreply 35March 9, 2024 7:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 9, 2024 7:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 9, 2024 7:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 9, 2024 7:32 PM

Oh, MY R36, R37, and R38!

by Anonymousreply 39March 9, 2024 7:37 PM

R18, that looks like he was joking. He’s wearing a Dump wig underneath the hat.

by Anonymousreply 40March 9, 2024 7:39 PM

[quote] That has to be a nightmare for them. I wonder how aware of his situation HE is.

Probably at this point not much. That's what we found out when my dad died of dementia.

One thing that often happens at this stage is that when the patients with dementia DO eat, they aspirate their food. That often gives them pneumonia, which can finish them off faster and more mercifully than if they starve to death. The living will has to declare that anti-biotics will not be administered at this stage if this is to happen 9or the person woth power of attorney has to make the decision).

After two bouts of pneumonia, my siblings an I decided to do this, but my dad wandered around in his sleep at the nursing home and fell and hit his head, and he died of a hematoma before he caught his final bout of pneumonia.

by Anonymousreply 41March 9, 2024 7:44 PM

Yes, Bruce was goofing on Trump:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 9, 2024 7:44 PM

If he can still swallow normally, perhaps they can put him on Cyproheptadine (Periactin) to stimulate his appetite. It's an antihistamine, but one of its side effects is near-ravenous hunger.

Back in 2020-mid 2021 my Dad was dying in front of our eyes while we were trying EVERYTHING to rally him. But he was never hungry, and the food that he did eat ran right through him before his body could extract nutrients and calories.

I asked his primary doctor if he would prescribe Sertraline (an antidepressant) for my Dad, because my late mother was put on it for dementia, and the only improvement we saw was her truly insatiable appetite. She gained so much weight on it that I weaned her off of it.

Doctor said, "Let's try him on a trial of Periactin for appetite, and Welchol [an anti-cholesterol medication] to slow his gastric emptying."

Within five days the change was apparent: strong appetite, and he didn't shit all his food out within 15 minutes of eating. Dad went from 110 lbs to 122 lbs within 6-7 weeks, and was like Rip Van Winkle. Though his dementia is still there and sadly progressing, his appetite is still pretty strong, even while he had COVID two months ago.

But I know many think we're crazy to fight so hard to keep a 96-year-old man alive, but it's worth it for us, at least for now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 9, 2024 7:57 PM

He really was a incredibly attractive man for at least two decades.

by Anonymousreply 44March 9, 2024 9:58 PM

Willis responded, "I'm sick of answering this fucking question. I'm a Republican only as far as I want a smaller government, I want less government intrusion. I want them to stop shitting on my money and your money and tax dollars that we give 50 percent of every year. I want them to be fiscally responsible and I want these goddamn lobbyists out of Washington. Do that and I'll say I'm a Republican. I hate the government, OK? I'm apolitical. Write that down. I'm not a Republican."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 10, 2024 1:31 AM

That statement at R45 is all over the place.

It makes no sense, and answers no questions.

by Anonymousreply 46March 10, 2024 5:14 AM

[quote]Once the person stops eating, it's essentially over. It’s the body’s way of preparing for death.

Maybe this is what Kate Middleton’s going through.

by Anonymousreply 47March 10, 2024 5:30 AM

[quote] question. I'm a Republican only as far as I want a smaller government, I want less government intrusion.

In other words, “I’m a rich guy and don’t want to pay any taxes.”

I have known my share of assholes like this and they’re all republicans.

I know he’s going to be declared a saint, but my friend A. worked in Hollywood for years as a makeup artist and worked on a film with him in the 90s. She said he was a complete asshole. Interestingly, another actor with a rep for being difficult was in the same picture, and she said he was a bit aloof but very respectful of the crew.

by Anonymousreply 48March 10, 2024 5:45 AM

Just waiting to hit SEND with my tribute.

by Anonymousreply 49March 10, 2024 5:59 AM

The end of what Dorothy?

by Anonymousreply 50March 10, 2024 7:12 AM

Life. My mom stopped eating for 3 weeks before she finally died. She also stopped drinking water, but asked for it 1-2 weeks before she died.

I wasn't there for it, but my Step-father was for many reasons. I can't imagine letting your person for 50 years go like this. We lived on different continents and he called me as soon as she died. We cried and grieved together.

He was and is my father. They were each other's lives. I appreciate they were with each other right until the end. I could only hope for that kind of love for over 50 years (without an actual ceremony or wedding).

by Anonymousreply 51March 10, 2024 7:24 AM

What?

by Anonymousreply 52March 10, 2024 7:26 AM

You don't need to eat much to stay healthy. I ate one cracker yesterday and felt full.

by Anonymousreply 53March 10, 2024 7:32 AM

[quote] my friend A. worked in Hollywood for years as a makeup artist and worked on a film with him in the 90s. She said he was a complete asshole

Cybill Shepherd hated him on "Moonlighting."

The show completely imploded because he was such a jerk to her.

by Anonymousreply 54March 10, 2024 8:36 AM

R54, isn't she a well-known, difficult and crazy witch, too?

by Anonymousreply 55March 10, 2024 8:52 AM

It's sad but all they're doing is prolonging the misery, his and theirs. If he's reached the point he no longer has any interest in food they need to start him in hospice care. If he doesn't want to eat or drink, then let him go without it so the merciful end will come as soon as possible.

by Anonymousreply 56March 10, 2024 9:03 AM

Yeah, Cybill is famously bitchy and difficult, too. I'm sure the set of Moonlighting was a total delight!

by Anonymousreply 57March 10, 2024 9:24 AM

But his sizemeat.

by Anonymousreply 58March 10, 2024 2:34 PM

Can I stop by with my ukulele and sing him a song?

by Anonymousreply 59March 10, 2024 2:39 PM

a colleague was just diagnosed with this and it is indeed similar, loss of appetite and complete loss of ability to decide how to do anything

by Anonymousreply 60March 10, 2024 2:42 PM

His birthday is March 19, so I suspect he will die a day or two before. It's very common for people to die within a week or so of their birthday.

by Anonymousreply 61March 10, 2024 3:13 PM

[quote]my friend A. worked in Hollywood for years as a makeup artist and worked on a film with him in the 90s. She said he was a complete asshole. Interestingly, another actor with a rep for being difficult was in the same picture, and she said he was a bit aloof but very respectful of the crew.

R48, was it [italic]The Last Boy Scout?[/italic] Damon Wayans is known for diva-like behavior on set. Still I absolutely adore that film.

by Anonymousreply 62March 10, 2024 3:50 PM

I wonder if they'll start tube-feeding him or just let him die.

by Anonymousreply 63March 10, 2024 5:15 PM

[quote] So much for the "Sad last days" headline.

I think that headline is only used sarcastically. In this case, it sounds like he is in his final days.

by Anonymousreply 64March 10, 2024 5:38 PM

I’m partial to “circling the drain” myself.

by Anonymousreply 65March 10, 2024 5:47 PM

Why do we have to get weekly updates on this guy? Is someone trying to convince us of something?

by Anonymousreply 66March 10, 2024 6:06 PM

^^that he’s dying, Rose

by Anonymousreply 67March 10, 2024 7:04 PM

R62, no it was a white guy with a legendary rep for being difficult but I don’t want to get more specific because although she’s “retired” she still occasionally works in the business, and has lots of friends.

by Anonymousreply 68March 10, 2024 8:37 PM

When it starts relatively young, it's always extremely aggressive and escalates quickly.

I wonder how much of his reputed crappy behavior in his later movies can be attributed to this or whether he was just a dick and many people are celebrating karma.

by Anonymousreply 69March 10, 2024 9:02 PM

Was it Gary Oldman?

by Anonymousreply 70March 10, 2024 9:09 PM

[quote]I wonder if they'll start tube-feeding him or just let him die

I’ve heard from hospice nurses that tube-feeding doesn’t significantly (if at all) extend someone’s life if they’re terminally ill because the body is unable to absorb nutrients. I’ve also heard that dying people who refuse food and liquids can suffer more when they’re hydrated and tube fed because it can cause bloating, infections, aspiration pneumonia, etc. Tube feeding a dying person is usually done for the sake of family and loved ones so that they don’t feel guilt over their loved one “starving” to death.

by Anonymousreply 71March 10, 2024 9:31 PM

I like a big tube to feed from!

by Anonymousreply 72March 10, 2024 11:48 PM

It ain't over 'til it's over!

by Anonymousreply 73March 11, 2024 6:28 PM

Reportedly, Bruce can no longer speak.

by Anonymousreply 74March 12, 2024 10:23 AM

What the fuck are you talking about R66??? The last thread I saw on DL about Bruce Willis was years ago.

He's dying and it will be soon. I assume that's probably why people are updating news about his condition.

Go post in one of your Real Housewives threads cunt. Sounds like that's much more your level. i.e. [bold]basic[/bold].

by Anonymousreply 75March 12, 2024 10:52 AM

I thought he was incredibly charming and cute until I started reading he was a jerk to fans. Then I lost interest. But those frontal nudes of him no matter his age at the time are sensational. He could really own his baldness he was so attractive.

by Anonymousreply 76March 12, 2024 11:03 AM

Any news?

by Anonymousreply 77March 13, 2024 7:39 AM

[quote] I wonder if they'll start tube-feeding him

I wonder when they’ll start feeding me tubesteak!?

by Anonymousreply 78March 13, 2024 11:32 AM

Dementia is "the long goodbye."

by Anonymousreply 79March 13, 2024 2:45 PM

WHY are people in this thread obsessing over and debating his personal politics??

by Anonymousreply 80March 13, 2024 2:55 PM

Because every time a MAGA dies a fairy gets its wings! r80

by Anonymousreply 81March 13, 2024 3:20 PM

Take your pills, psycho R81

by Anonymousreply 82March 13, 2024 3:41 PM

“It's for Paris, I'm on this new diet. Well, I don't eat anything and when I feel like I'm about to faint I eat a cube of cheese. I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.”

by Anonymousreply 83March 13, 2024 4:47 PM

Any update?

by Anonymousreply 84April 1, 2024 1:09 AM

He still may be nearing the end

by Anonymousreply 85April 1, 2024 3:04 AM

Sad. I never thought he would go before Beatty , Nicholson, and Eastwood.

by Anonymousreply 86April 1, 2024 7:47 AM

Everyone crying but I don't see mainstream news addressing that this illness is mainly caused by cocaine addiction.

by Anonymousreply 87April 1, 2024 7:49 AM

Proof R87?

by Anonymousreply 88April 1, 2024 8:11 AM

[Quote]If he doesn't want to eat or drink, then let him go without it so the merciful end will come as soon as possible.

Let him go? Listen bitch, whilst he can still stand, he's gonna earn his keep and our inheritance.

by Anonymousreply 89April 1, 2024 9:30 AM

Who’s going first? Dearest Bruce? Dearest Wendy?

Do we have anyone standing by at a Vegas sportsbook to report on the current odds?

by Anonymousreply 90April 1, 2024 1:32 PM

I have never found this guy good looking, interesting, or a good actor. That said, Dementia is a horrible thing to go through and he isn’t that old

by Anonymousreply 91April 1, 2024 3:10 PM

He has a nice cock, R91.

by Anonymousreply 92April 1, 2024 3:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!