Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Unsure about seeing Dune 2.

How long are Austin Butler’s tits onscreen. This will be the deciding factor.

by Anonymousreply 29May 26, 2024 9:40 PM

Long enough!

by Anonymousreply 1March 2, 2024 3:16 PM

Disappointing. Overwrought mumbo-jumbo pseudo religious shit with a dose of Arab cultural appropriation.. boring …..visually stunning.

by Anonymousreply 2March 3, 2024 2:20 AM

But how long were his tits onscreen? If it’s like four minutes I’ll go see it.

by Anonymousreply 3March 3, 2024 12:27 PM

Tits bump

by Anonymousreply 4March 5, 2024 12:23 AM

Austin is mostly in combat-gladiator kit.

I bought the movie ($24.99). I fast-forwarded to Feyd-Rautha's entrance and final knife-fight. As a major Austin Butler fan, I nevertheless thought this denouement was execrable.

Before viewing and reading his reviews, I thought hmmmm, maybe there is a BSA Oscar nomination for "D:2" in Austin's future. Haha, and ha! No way! His part is all gruff voice, knife-thrusting and slashing, and about 10 lines! Plus looking ugly, and not sexy-ugly. Just garden---or desert---variety ugly.

I realize I said I didn't watch the first 657 minutes, but what I did see was every shade of gray, black, beige, white, and tan, a boring palette in space.

What I heard was whispering, growling, and shouting, all of it unpleasant to the ear. For as few lines as he uttered, Austin should have had even fewer. Blech!

The Big Knife Fight was so brief as to be an "Is that it??" moment. And though Feyd lost (like that was plausible, given his abilities and victims), his knife didn't "chip and shatter."

And not a last look or word of respect from Paul for his vanquished worthy antagonist, unlike Octavian's declaration that "Marc Anthony is dead!" should be shouted to the heavens [See: "Cleopatra"].

Well, suffice it to say there is no chance I'm going to bother watching the parts I skipped.

by Anonymousreply 5April 17, 2024 9:04 AM

Low life, you’re all over the other Dune threads talking shit about it. Now you claim you haven’t watched it? Keep up with your own posts, uneducated low life.

by Anonymousreply 6April 17, 2024 9:20 AM

Soulless drab drivel.

by Anonymousreply 7April 17, 2024 9:22 AM

R6, You are wrong. I defy you, and request it of others, to check my posting history. I have always posted, before now, pro-Butler and admittedly a few mocking-Chalamet posts because of the obnoxious Timmy Loon, but never have I indicated that I had seen "Dune: 2," and I live near a couple IMAX theaters.

I heartily dislike sci-fi, and especially of the "different worlds" genre (e.g., this movie; "Avatar"; "Star" This or That). Of course, the irony is that I paid more to watch it at home, with an HD format that clipped the top of Feyd's head in every close-up.

And while I may indeed be a "low life," I am far from "uneducated."

by Anonymousreply 8April 17, 2024 12:38 PM

P.S. r6, You are aware that there have been multiple trailers?

by Anonymousreply 9April 17, 2024 12:39 PM

R8, r6 is Davida Rochelle, that’s just how she engages with people who disagree with her opinions on movies. That, and accusing you of pedophilia. Best just to mute.

by Anonymousreply 10April 17, 2024 12:43 PM

I finally watch this (streaming free on Max)

And I'm very meh on it. I mean, it's a good movie. But I'm seriously bothered by some of the changes from the book (the book is one of my all time favorites, and the book I've re-read the most times).

It makes me realize that there are some aspects of the first Dune movie that they really got right and did better (story-wise, never effects-wise) than in this new adaptation. It was strangely sterile and unemotional.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2024 4:42 AM

It's not good. It's confusing. I don't think Dune translates to film.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2024 4:43 AM

I saw such rave reviews for it, saying it was so much better than part one. I'm not so sure.

It should feel epic. It never did.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2024 4:45 AM

[quote]It was strangely sterile and unemotional.

That was my main complaint about the first movie and it's somehow even worse in the second one.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2024 4:47 AM

The male lead looks the part, but he can't act.

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2024 4:48 AM

His head is gigantic!

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2024 4:48 AM

Weird seeing Austin Butler in almost black and white, but he nailed the role. I hope he gets nominated for an Academy Award for this.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2024 4:55 AM

[quote] I hope he gets nominated for an Academy Award for this.

Just after JLo gets nominated for "Atlas."

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2024 5:10 AM

R15: And has the worst chemistry with the female lead who also can’t act and isn’t pretty.

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2024 5:14 AM

Really enjoyed the movie and thought Butler’s bald head and pale skin really highlighted those big lips. Two thumbs up!

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2024 10:59 AM

His body is magnificent but only briefly shown. Makes me think some sort of CGI manipulation was going on or something

Dune was very much about the heady decisions Paul was faced with, and I think they tried portraying that. Didn’t really touch much on Paul's struggle with madness though.. Timmy did well acting out the hardening of boy into man, but perhaps the struggle with madness was too much for him to carry? I feel like our DL peers who call him rat boy will love the rat references.

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2024 3:11 PM

They changed so much from the books, and just skipped over so many things. We never saw the navigators. We never understood the role spice played in the galactic economy because of that. Paul's mother was the worst... she seemed so weak and unsure. The taking of the water of life seemed to be sorta just a plot point for both of them, rather than the pivotal moments they were.

I really expected to love it. I enjoyed the first movie for what it was. But the second one just felt... flat.

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2024 3:51 PM

The lead actor just stood there with a blank emotionless stare and he looked constipated most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2024 4:48 PM

I was so stoked for this, and now I'm just so disappointed.

I guess they're doing a third one. I was stoked when I heard that was green-lit. But now ... yawn.

So glad I didn't pay to see this in theaters.

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2024 11:09 PM

I'm the DL Butler Loon. I am watching the beginning of the Indy 500 today because Austin is the green flag guy.

Yet even I thought his Big Showdown at OK Corral with Paul Atreides was a total "meh." (And his voice? Oy.)

I've seen better, more exciting, more athletic, more suspenseful, and certainly more extended duels in movies from the 40s.

And without any hokey "May your knife chip and shatter"/"After you, Alphonse"-level banter.

by Anonymousreply 25May 26, 2024 9:48 AM

They should have just had them fuck, since Paul was supposed to be Feyd's wife and bear his children.

by Anonymousreply 26May 26, 2024 9:53 AM

Austin's tits just for you, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 26, 2024 9:20 PM

Very nice, R27.

by Anonymousreply 28May 26, 2024 9:29 PM

The navigators in David Lynch's version are blond vaginas. This book is too big to be successfully translated into film.

by Anonymousreply 29May 26, 2024 9:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!