Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hacks Season 3 Premieres May 2

Deborah Vance is back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473July 8, 2024 8:37 AM

Rejoicing.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2024 4:38 PM

Looks intriguing. Was wondering how they'd continue from where they ended

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2024 4:40 PM

Love this show!

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2024 4:42 PM

I'm excited; I didn't even know it was coming back. It's not the type of show that needs to go on and on, but I was hoping for 3-4 seasons. The ending of season 2 absolutely could have been a series finale, and a good one too.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2024 5:41 PM

Goody goody, loooove Hacks.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2024 6:08 PM

I love Hacks except for annoying Hannah Einbinder and yes Hannah we know you're a nepo baby.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2024 6:48 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if season three turns out to be the last season but I think it will get renewed for at least one more season.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2024 6:49 PM

Unfortunately, HBO is not worth the cost of their subscription. After the full season has dropped, I will probably do a trial to watch the entire third series. The rest of their content is way overpriced IMO, especially since the lower tiers have ads.

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2024 6:57 PM

Hannah is OK. I was annoyed with Ava at first but she really grew on me by the end of S1.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2024 7:08 PM

I actually really like Einbinder in the role. I think Hannah is supposed to be annoying much of the time, with her Gen Z (or millennial?) know-it-all , "I've lived and worked in LA," and "how you see the world is outdated" pretentiousness. It rings true for a segment of younger people. Also, while sometimes annoying, I often find Hannah and her reactions pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2024 9:05 PM

Official trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 17, 2024 1:56 PM

I adore this show! Everything about it, but above all (INTER)NATIONAL TREASURE JEAN SMART.

by Anonymousreply 12April 17, 2024 2:29 PM

Is it yet another comedy with insult humor? Or do the writers have wit.

by Anonymousreply 13April 17, 2024 3:20 PM

First two episodes out today!

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2024 10:30 AM

One of my favorite shows in a long time. Along with Abbot Elementary, which seems a bit flat this season.

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2024 10:49 AM

"Like a performer with Deborah’s grit and experience, “Hacks” is infectiously confident, deceptively smooth and, most importantly, consistently hilarious."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2024 10:52 AM

Hilarious first two episodes, this show is as sharp as ever. Maybe even sharper than ever. Only thing that would make it even more cutting and "of the moment" would be an Ozempic joke or two, though Guy Branum probably forbade those in the writers' room. Speaking of...

Marcus looks more attractive this season. Has he lost some weight?

Ava goes topless. Now I'm a homo, but that is a perfect pair of tits right there. Good for her!

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2024 2:56 PM

It came quick. Hopefully I can get to this today. Thanks for the reminder.

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2024 3:46 PM

Now I'm a homo, but that is a perfect pair of tits right there. Good for her!

Jesus- Jean Smart

by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2024 4:45 PM

Dee Dee Halls playing herself.

Do they give out Emmys for that type of work?

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2024 5:17 PM

I think they should have stretched out Ava and Deborah not being together longer. I know there is only 8 episodes but it seemed too fast

by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2024 5:23 PM

Thanks for that, R21. Very much. Two episodes in.

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2024 5:24 PM

I'm so happy it's back and so glad they teamed back up so quickly. This is the perfect show.

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2024 1:07 AM

Jean Smart is as impeccable as ever, but Hannah Einbinder is really coming into her own this season. Their reunion in the Montreal hotel room just crackled.

by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2024 3:40 AM

A sign of a great show—I was sad when the first 2 episodes were over tonight. I wanted more!

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2024 3:44 AM

A Carrot Top cameo? Lol. "Mr. Top, we sent you several notices."

by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2024 3:54 AM

Kayla has been upped to regular this season but, as of now, she's not being overdone, which is what I was was worried about when the news was first announced. These more cartoonish characters can quickly overstay their welcome in higher doses.

r24 Yeah, Hannah's great. Her facial expressions when she discovered the engagement ring were hysterical, it's exactly how I'd act in that situation.

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2024 4:09 AM

Amazing. This show hasn’t missed a beat.

by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2024 4:11 AM

Marcus isn't cartoonish and I hope they can utilize him as they have in the past two seasons. Maybe offer some of his non-Deborah life again - like with his mom and Wilson. Not a lot, just some.

by Anonymousreply 29May 3, 2024 4:12 AM

Loved that Deborah called the hotel front desk for a "gay bellboy" to be the arbiter of her fashion dispute with Ava, and his opening line had me howling — as did Deborah's "closet."

by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2024 4:12 AM

I was never a big fan of Ruby, so I'm glad she's gone for now. I mean, she's not a terrible character, but I don't think she adds much.

by Anonymousreply 31May 3, 2024 4:21 AM

Damien and Marcus are such an obvious couple and it’s refreshing that they’re not.

Love how this show subverts expectations.

by Anonymousreply 32May 3, 2024 4:24 AM

The Iceland trip is off/breakup scene was too Devil Wears Prada the person who’s calls you always take that’s who you’re in a relationship with.

by Anonymousreply 33May 3, 2024 4:27 AM

Not an Einbinder fan.

by Anonymousreply 34May 3, 2024 4:28 AM

That opening scene in episode one was fucking brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 35May 3, 2024 4:34 AM

Kayla needs to die. And I was just in IMDb and there’s an actress playing a young Deborah in an episode.

by Anonymousreply 36May 3, 2024 4:36 AM

r32 I cringed for a moment thinking they were setting up Marcus with Guy Branum, but they shut that shit down immediately. I really need to stop underestimating this show.

by Anonymousreply 37May 3, 2024 4:38 AM

Anyone else notice Ava rubbed her eye after she fingerbanged the girlfriend? Gross.

by Anonymousreply 38May 3, 2024 4:59 AM

You're talking to people who habitually eat ass, so...

by Anonymousreply 39May 3, 2024 5:10 AM

Their reunion scene(s) in Deborah's hotel room were delicious. I love how they immediately went back to talking shit at each other.

And Ava coming to the rescue in the writer's meeting, just great.

by Anonymousreply 40May 3, 2024 7:02 AM

Yeah R39, cause that’s the same thing.

You fucking idiot frau CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 41May 3, 2024 11:59 AM

I’m with R8. I’ll unsubscribe when this season’s over.

by Anonymousreply 42May 3, 2024 12:00 PM

Gurl, you're a veritable mess.

by Anonymousreply 43May 3, 2024 12:02 PM

A great two episodes to begin with. I’m looking forward to seeing more. The hangar full of vintage clothes was a stylist’s wet dream and they played it well.

by Anonymousreply 44May 3, 2024 12:06 PM

Goddamn, Carrot Top.

by Anonymousreply 45May 3, 2024 12:06 PM

R10 she’s annoying in real life. Listen to the first Hacks podcast episode, they’re on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 46May 3, 2024 12:35 PM

Huge fan of this jacket seen in the premiere. Not so much of the hyper-preened queen wearing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 3, 2024 1:24 PM

"[R10] she’s annoying in real life. Listen to the first Hacks podcast episode, they’re on YouTube."

Yeah, R46, she was annoying on Marc Maron's podcast too. But, still, I enjoy the Hannah character, even if she is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 48May 3, 2024 10:06 PM

Barf

by Anonymousreply 49May 4, 2024 12:15 AM

Xanthippi from Kimmy Schmidt plays one of the writers

by Anonymousreply 50May 4, 2024 12:33 AM

Happy to have this show back, it hasn't missed a bit with these first two episodes. I am in love with how damn gay this show is, down to even having Luke MacFarlane being the guest that bench presses Deborah.

by Anonymousreply 51May 4, 2024 1:44 AM

Episode 2 was perfection.

Jean Smart isthe new Julia Louis Dreyfus, in the Emmy sense. She's amazing.

by Anonymousreply 52May 4, 2024 2:02 AM

The writers of this show are brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 53May 4, 2024 3:54 AM

I hope this isn't the last season, it's such a brilliant show.

by Anonymousreply 54May 4, 2024 7:40 PM

I love that there are Deborah Vance drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 55May 4, 2024 7:41 PM

Wow, just finished the first two episodes and it's even better than last season.

by Anonymousreply 56May 5, 2024 3:31 PM

Is Hannah Einbinder's character gay on this show? Like she is in real life?

by Anonymousreply 57May 5, 2024 3:47 PM

Bisexual. Her character hooked up with Jeff Ward's character in the first or second season.

by Anonymousreply 58May 5, 2024 4:11 PM

She also hooked up with the very hot Postmates or Uber Eats guy.

I thought her and the Jeff Ward character just went on coke binge, running all the Strip, before ending in his death. I don't remember them hooking up, but they probably did.

by Anonymousreply 59May 5, 2024 4:30 PM

Oh yes, you're right. I think I projected my own desire to hook up with Jeff Ward onto her. She definitely mentioned being bisexual at some point in the show's premiere, though.

by Anonymousreply 60May 5, 2024 4:35 PM

The gay bellhop was played by Pat Regan, one of the show's writers. Watched his hilarious stand-up years ago, glad he's doing well in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 61May 5, 2024 5:32 PM

BWAH!! Jimmy's mother.....?!?! That was so random & hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing. "She's always camera-ready, but I'm not sure it's worth it."

by Anonymousreply 62May 6, 2024 4:21 AM

I thought his little exchange with Helen Hunt in the premiere was even more hilarious. He kept badgering her about the exact year she had an affair with his father, with the implication being that she might have given birth to him.

by Anonymousreply 63May 6, 2024 4:30 AM

I thought he was badgering her for the year because he was trying to figure out if it was after his parents broke up. He doesn’t want a cheating dad.

by Anonymousreply 64May 6, 2024 8:00 AM

But that doesn't really hit on a comedic level? Like, at all? Also, his parents split so long ago, why would he be so invested in who caused the split?

by Anonymousreply 65May 6, 2024 10:24 AM

Unsurprisingly, I already had the cunt at R39 blocked.

by Anonymousreply 66May 6, 2024 12:04 PM

Thanks for announcing it, r66, I just did the same to you. I don't want to interact with humourless cunts, waste of my time.

by Anonymousreply 67May 6, 2024 2:04 PM

Great, R67. I don’t do unfuckable, homophobic fraus so this works out well for both of us.

by Anonymousreply 68May 6, 2024 2:11 PM

Is it just me or was Clive in the premiere kinda cute? He was the terminal stand-up comic Jimmy and Kayla signed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 6, 2024 2:16 PM

Here he is shirtless. You're welcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 6, 2024 2:17 PM

He was a semi-regular on "The Goldbergs."

by Anonymousreply 71May 6, 2024 2:24 PM

Pocket-sized, exactly my type. I'm gonna be dreaming about those blue speedos today, that much is certain.

by Anonymousreply 72May 6, 2024 2:28 PM

I love that Famous by Parcels was the song they used in the opening scene of the premiere. It was perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 8, 2024 3:48 PM

Yeah, music choices have always been excellent on this show. Man, I'm counting down to the next two episodes already.

by Anonymousreply 74May 8, 2024 3:53 PM

[quote] I thought his little exchange with Helen Hunt in the premiere was even more hilarious. He kept badgering her about the exact year she had an affair with his father, with the implication being that she might have given birth to him.

WTF - that was Helen Hunt, no way. She is a totally different person from what I remember her looking like in the past.

by Anonymousreply 75May 8, 2024 4:12 PM

Mhm, she an old lady now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 8, 2024 4:19 PM

It's all that crazy thin upper lip with Hunt. Otherwise she looks perfectly fine for a woman of her age. I guess it's good she's just accepted it and didn't get some crazy lip filler - though something more maybe could have been done. But, if she's fine with it.

by Anonymousreply 77May 8, 2024 4:31 PM

When she goes, someone on DL will write "she had a thin upper lip, but she couldn't live forever." I can see it already, the cunts on this site are something else.

by Anonymousreply 78May 8, 2024 4:52 PM

[bold]How Helen Hunt, 59, Is Refusing to Conform to Beauty Standards[/bold]

TBH, did she ever conform to "beauty standards"?

by Anonymousreply 79May 8, 2024 4:54 PM

[quote]Otherwise she looks perfectly fine for a woman of her age.

Are you fucking serious?

When she did the WWII limited series "World On Fire" a few years ago one reviewer wrote "Helen Hunt terrifies the Nazis with her face."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 8, 2024 5:18 PM

I love you R78

by Anonymousreply 81May 8, 2024 5:27 PM

Episodes 3 and 4 are of the same high standard. I'm so glad they've toned down Megan whatshername to more of a realistic character.

And of course I thought of Datalounge every time DJ said "Whadda CUNT!"

by Anonymousreply 82May 10, 2024 3:06 AM

This show is almost certainly going to be the best comedy of the 2020s, right? The third season has been flawless so far.

Also, of course, Jean Smart deserves all her flowers but Lucia Aniello and the utterly winning Hannah Einbinder deserve a special Emmy for Ava - the Gen Z queer girl that all the “my pronouns are Vivian/Vance!” elder gays on DL can’t get enough of!

by Anonymousreply 83May 10, 2024 4:35 AM

I love this show. Everyone is perfect

by Anonymousreply 84May 10, 2024 12:19 PM

Started cracking up not five seconds into the third episode, what with those photos of Deborah with Oprah, Saddam, Cheney... My only issue is that I burn through the new episodes like a fat whore.

I love how the show subverted my expectations with Kaitlin Olson's character at the roast. I fully thought she was gonna get laughed at, which would lead to a whole separate emotional arc. But nope, she killed it and her catchphrase killed too. Other shows would for sure be meaner to her character. Her green nail polish as she was pitching her jokes to Ava looked awesome, it's not easy to pull off that colour.

One thing that doesn't often get mentioned is how well shot this is, and it doesn't even need to be because the writing alone could carry it on its back. Look at how far away the camera is during scenes inside Deborah's mansion, to make the whole space seem palatial. Or how pleasingly framed something as trivial as an AA meeting is. Shout out to that British AA sponsor with the truly terrible hair – gurl, I think your hairdresser's hip replacement IS affecting her work! It's also implied her hairdresser is old and fat, so not exactly at the forefront of hair styling to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 85May 10, 2024 12:41 PM

I like that even though it is a comedy…the producers trust Jean Smart as an actress to allow her to have pathos behind the character. When she had her little breakdown in the bathroom over the bisexual jokes…you really believed she found herself in an emotional situation and not just hardy har har

by Anonymousreply 86May 10, 2024 12:50 PM

I cackled when she stole the toilet paper. And who knew Carrot Top was a good actor?

by Anonymousreply 87May 10, 2024 12:54 PM

Helen Hunt (and her thin upper lip) as the studio exec playing pickleball like a Neil LaBute character was iconic lesbian-coded camp!

by Anonymousreply 88May 10, 2024 1:01 PM

Yes, Carrot Top was surprisingly non-wooden for someone who doesn't act regularly.

I forgot to mention it before, but I loved Ava wanting to establish boundaries with Deborah. Sounds like a dour subject matter, but it's a huge issue among creatives, especially those in the comedy world where inappropriate comments can get passed off as jokes. If you're getting paid by someone and it's not for sex work, you're entitled to expect some level of professionalism from them. And we've already seen how this lack of boundaries has ruined Ava's relationship with her girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 89May 10, 2024 1:31 PM

More great episodes. I thought writing projects Jimmy pitched Eva were hilarious - a reenvisioning of Gumby where Gumby is bisexual - Gum-bi. A new spin on Sleeping Beauty that's consensual.

I like the arc of Deborah trying to get the late night show. The colonoscopy thing was sort of lame.

Thank God Ruby is gone.

by Anonymousreply 90May 10, 2024 4:33 PM

I thought yesterday's episodes were even better than last week's. The roast episode is perfection and utterly hilarious. I agree the colonoscopy episode was not as funny but still good. The ending is hysterical when she steals the toilet paper.

I have to say Ava is growing on me this season. She still has to make her little woke points but she's less whiny and bratty.

I agree I'm glad they dialed down the Kayla character this season. Did she lose weight? The Helen Hunt character possibly being Jimmy's mother is brilliant and hysterical. I just have one question: Paul W. Downs both on and off screen is STRAIGHT?

by Anonymousreply 91May 10, 2024 4:48 PM

[quote]Paul W. Downs both on and off screen is STRAIGHT?

Yes, and I recall DL's collective brain breaking when this was first revealed and discussed years ago in some Broad City thread. I still don't get it personally, but I guess it just goes to show you never can judge a book by its covers.

by Anonymousreply 92May 10, 2024 4:55 PM

He was gay until he met Lucia.

Knew him back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 93May 10, 2024 5:03 PM

R93 that’s sad.

by Anonymousreply 94May 10, 2024 5:11 PM

I’m a Kinsey six and married to a man, but I’d consider jumping ship for Lucia. For what it’s worth, she reads just as gay as him.

by Anonymousreply 95May 10, 2024 5:11 PM

Much like the vastness of space or geological time scales, I don't like to ponder these things too much, they break my brain.

by Anonymousreply 96May 10, 2024 5:13 PM

I did not like this show much- but episode by episode it grew on me during Season 1.

I am only on first episode of Season 2.. (not reading the posts above)

I love the fat assistant chick- She kills me.

by Anonymousreply 97May 10, 2024 5:28 PM

Anyone know who played the AA lady who asked the daughter for money?

by Anonymousreply 98May 10, 2024 10:17 PM

More Marcus and even less Kayla, please!

Does that actress who plays Kayla write her own lines? Cause they're not funny and she can't make them funny. I feel like I see Jean Smart wincing every time she's forced to be in a scene with her.

by Anonymousreply 99May 10, 2024 10:31 PM

I think she's supposed to be wince-worthy. Still, I could do without her; though she doesn't ruin it for me or anything.

by Anonymousreply 100May 11, 2024 12:57 AM

Kayla brings nothing to the show. Kill her off.

by Anonymousreply 101May 11, 2024 1:01 AM

r98 English actress Dolly Wells. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016), Bridget Jones's Diary (2001), Doll & Em (2013).

by Anonymousreply 102May 11, 2024 3:30 AM

So does DL think Mario Lopez really is uncut?

by Anonymousreply 103May 11, 2024 3:59 AM

His parents were Mexican Catholics when they came over to California. For sure uncut.

by Anonymousreply 104May 11, 2024 4:03 AM

Kayla, the spoiled, whiny, entitled brat and boss's daughter... it was a bold move to cast an actress who looks like this for the role. I imagined it going to an Alix Earle type, but this is much more interesting. The actress is a nobody from nowhere, not a nepo baby, so I'm happy for her that she got this big break.

by Anonymousreply 105May 11, 2024 5:48 AM

She's always camera ready but I'm not sure it's worth it

by Anonymousreply 106May 11, 2024 8:03 AM

Those Trivia Night scenes reminded me why I stopped going to Trivia Night…

Lord, what a bunch of insufferable cunts at those things.

by Anonymousreply 107May 11, 2024 8:57 AM

r102

thank you... I couldn't remember where I recognized her. She was in And just like that

by Anonymousreply 108May 11, 2024 1:46 PM

Yeah, looking at her IMDb more closely, I realise now she wasn't taken out of mothballs since Pride and Prejudice and Zombies just for this episode, she's had a bit role in all sorts of shows through the years.

by Anonymousreply 109May 11, 2024 1:54 PM

I sincerely hope that Helen Hunt is not a recurring character.

by Anonymousreply 110May 11, 2024 2:28 PM

Disappointing. But you do you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111May 11, 2024 2:31 PM

I do declare…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 11, 2024 2:33 PM

You all hate my favorite character-

by Anonymousreply 113May 11, 2024 4:00 PM

When will Christina Hendricks appear? Will she be playing Ava's love interest?

by Anonymousreply 114May 11, 2024 4:33 PM

Loving this season, but I don't buy the fact that Marcus' mother and grandmother are into trivia nights with a bunch of nerds.

by Anonymousreply 115May 11, 2024 5:38 PM

What's hilarious about your comment R115 is the team that kicked everyone's ass at the last trivia night I went to was a bunch of older black women "AKA The Divas". They're Spellman Alpha Kappa Alphas and they dress in pink and green and just murdered everyone.

by Anonymousreply 116May 11, 2024 5:51 PM

I was never a Kayla a fan either but I do think this season they have done a good job of toning down her character so it's less grating.

by Anonymousreply 117May 11, 2024 5:56 PM

I enjoy this show a lot and the relationship between Deborah and Ava is perfection.

I don't think it's particularly ha ha funny, it's more of an interesting ensemble dramedy sort of thing.....though when Jimmy said his mom is Dee Dee Halls I cackled.

by Anonymousreply 118May 11, 2024 6:00 PM

will this season finally reveal Deborah's middle name is Vivian????

by Anonymousreply 119May 11, 2024 6:06 PM

[qoute]though when Jimmy said his mom is Dee Dee Halls I cackled.

Too bad they didn’t take it one step further and have him also say that Drake Hogestyn was his father.

by Anonymousreply 120May 11, 2024 6:50 PM

Mario Lopez has turned into Olmec Head.

by Anonymousreply 121May 11, 2024 9:04 PM

I guess I'm the outlier here but as much as I want to really love this show I find the writing wildly uneven from scene to scene, joke to joke. It clearly feels to me like it comes out of a writers' room with lots of different voices and talents, not all in sync with the same vision and no one strong in charge. I love Jean Smart though and will watch her in anything.

As for Carl/Marcus. I find him wildly sexy on the show but every time I read an interview or see something of him "in real life" I'm severely disappointed with what I'd call his pretentiousness and lack of self-awareness. I just want Carl to be more like Marcus. I love the tight knit shirts the costumer dresses him in on the show, Can't he see that's his best look?

by Anonymousreply 122May 12, 2024 2:45 AM

[quote]Those Trivia Night scenes reminded me why I stopped going to Trivia Night…. Lord, what a bunch of insufferable cunts at those things.

I love that for a site where "Oh, dear" is a reason to live.

by Anonymousreply 123May 12, 2024 2:54 AM

Lopez: Age ain't nothin' but a number

Sure. The number of pounds of spackle they put in your Olmec Head face, you fucking liar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 12, 2024 1:56 PM

That man in R124 does not look like Mario Lopez...yikes

by Anonymousreply 125May 12, 2024 6:19 PM

CCH can't wear clothes. Some people just have a knack for pulling off all manner of clothes - from traditional to bolder or crazy looks.

by Anonymousreply 126May 12, 2024 6:49 PM

Where did Helen Hunt lose her lips?

by Anonymousreply 127May 12, 2024 8:07 PM

I have a soft spot for Helen Hunt because of Girls Just Want To Have Fun. She is def aging better than SJP.

by Anonymousreply 128May 12, 2024 8:14 PM

I can't believe that Paul Downs is straight.

by Anonymousreply 129May 12, 2024 11:29 PM

For me a little too much Jimmy and not enough Marcus.

by Anonymousreply 130May 13, 2024 12:15 AM

Paul Down Syndrome looks like a retarded preying mantis.

by Anonymousreply 131May 13, 2024 12:15 AM

Am I the only one who’s hot for Jimmy? This man is sex on legs.

by Anonymousreply 132May 13, 2024 12:19 AM

Stumpy little retard dwarf legs R132.

by Anonymousreply 133May 13, 2024 1:14 AM

I think he's adorable and funny

by Anonymousreply 134May 13, 2024 1:16 AM

Good point, R132. Marcus was such a bigger part of the first two seasons. I like Jimmy, but don't need him elevated to more screen time. Did everyone see the Wilson cameo in episode 4 - he was on Marcus's trivia team.

by Anonymousreply 135May 13, 2024 1:22 AM

I had never heard of the show Talk Stoop before and thought it was a comical invention for this show. And because I didn't have the captions on, I thought Jimmy said "No, Talk Stoup. You sit in a stoup and you talk." My mind conjured up the craziest mental image in that moment...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 13, 2024 12:47 PM

Has Paul Downs ever said he is straight r129. Just because you are married to a woman does not mean you have to be straight.

He seems like someone who would identity as queer/fluid/bi.

by Anonymousreply 137May 13, 2024 3:04 PM

Ruby is played by Eli Roth's ex-wife. She's now a lesbian

by Anonymousreply 138May 13, 2024 5:27 PM

Paul was interviewed several years ago on the late, great Ronna and Beverly podcast during the run of Broad City,, and one of them asked him point blank if he were gay. He denied it.

by Anonymousreply 139May 13, 2024 6:07 PM

Fifth episode was a bit tedious, felt like the writers straining like hell to have Deborah and Ava stuck in the wilderness together, so they could have an intimate talk. Which they always end up having anyway. Still, the beginning cracked me up, with the nurse giving Deborah a side eye for taking forever to get her jewellery off. And that Ponte Vecchio microwave was beyond foul, not even Melania would hawk something like that.

Sixth episode was better. Christina Hendricks' bazongas entering the frame three seconds before the rest of her will never not make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 140May 16, 2024 7:20 PM

Yeah, R140 - Christina and her built in flotation devices could have saved scores of lives on the Titanic had she been a passenger on that fated voyage.

by Anonymousreply 141May 16, 2024 10:24 PM

5 was a bit weak. 6 was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 142May 17, 2024 2:26 AM

I loved episode 5. Deborah's monologs about aging was perfection and their in unison screaming? Hilarious

by Anonymousreply 143May 17, 2024 6:56 AM

Haven't seen better television since "Six Feet Under".

Tonight I learned that the great actress who plays Ava is the daughter of SNL's Loraine Newman!

by Anonymousreply 144May 17, 2024 7:12 AM

^^She is! She is the daughter of Lorraine Newman! She is! And I've been dead for thirty five fuckin years! Horray!

by Anonymousreply 145May 17, 2024 7:23 AM

[quote]the great actress who plays Ava

BWAH HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Good one R144!!

by Anonymousreply 146May 17, 2024 10:45 AM

I love this show so much. Can't wait to see Kathy Vance and the Christmas party episode.

by Anonymousreply 147May 17, 2024 1:10 PM

[quote]Haven't seen better television since "Six Feet Under".

Agreed.

"Calling me kid is both infantilzing and charming."

by Anonymousreply 148May 17, 2024 1:17 PM

I knew Hannah Einbinder had to be a nepo baby. She got the lead role on Hacks with no resume.

by Anonymousreply 149May 17, 2024 1:29 PM

But she's great in that part. At least she's equal to the task/opportunity/grift.

by Anonymousreply 150May 17, 2024 2:44 PM

I was a bit surprised at the twist.... I thought the alternative was such a great platform for the future.

Succession's Geri as the sister is a great piece of casting.

by Anonymousreply 151May 17, 2024 2:45 PM

Played by Linda Purl in the first season, but they had to recast her.

by Anonymousreply 152May 17, 2024 3:05 PM

I'm hoping there's another twist. When the network guy said "I just want you to know I've made my decision" Like the fucking was unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 153May 17, 2024 3:22 PM

The network guy is married... maybe blackmail is part of Deborah's plan.

by Anonymousreply 154May 17, 2024 4:04 PM

Kaitlyn Olsen is looking rough. These were good episodes, but felt like placeholders. Still not much Marcus.

by Anonymousreply 155May 17, 2024 4:07 PM

I thought Kaitlyn looked great. Her work has settled and her skin looks amazing.

by Anonymousreply 156May 17, 2024 4:11 PM

I hope this isn't the last season, I love this show so much.

by Anonymousreply 157May 17, 2024 4:12 PM

They have to renew it. The goodwill towards Jean Smart is just too high. She's like a younger, sexier Betty White. Everyone loves her

by Anonymousreply 158May 17, 2024 4:31 PM

And the show has awards hardware prestige value. They'd be nuts not to pursue it and if they drop it, one of the decent streamers will surely pick it up.

by Anonymousreply 159May 17, 2024 5:47 PM

I thought that gender reveal would take forever, with Kaitlyn battling someone else and then something happening with some contraption once they had a winner. But nope, it was over in three seconds. Love it when the show surprises me like that.

Howled when Kaitlyn spat the powder out like a trucker.

by Anonymousreply 160May 17, 2024 5:50 PM

I thought they'd have more fun with it and burn down Vegas or some reveal based disaster.

by Anonymousreply 161May 17, 2024 5:53 PM

I guess I'm in the minority because I actually enjoyed the effective change of pace in the fifth episode. I liked that the writers took a break from the late night host storyline and explored Deborah's backstory and insecurities in the woods. I think this will be Jean's Emmy submission. She could also submit the sixth episode which was equally good.

Great decision to cut Kayla and feature very little of Jimmy in episodes 5 + 6.

I think Max will renew it for at least one more season. The show doesn't need to go on forever and ever but there is still so much goodwill for Smart and the show that they can't stop now.

by Anonymousreply 162May 17, 2024 5:57 PM

Beef did it recently and did it a lot better, so it felt like a rehash I guess.

by Anonymousreply 163May 17, 2024 6:03 PM

It was well done, but the lost in the woods thing is a trope. I was a bit surprised they settled for that.

They should have given Ava a the mother of all bee stings and just made her hilarious to look at.

Ava was pretty funny this episode. Some screwball comedy elements to her. She's a good match for Smart.

by Anonymousreply 164May 17, 2024 6:12 PM

FYI, Laraine Newman spells her first name “Laraine,” not “Loraine” or “Lorraine.”

by Anonymousreply 165May 17, 2024 6:51 PM

They shouldn't even consider cancelling the show until they run out of ideas and/or the quality consistently drops. What else is on that is this high quality? (Nothing) Just let it ride as long as you can.

There is so much left to explore and resolve: her relationship with Kathy, the new grandson and how that will change things with/for her daughter, whether or not she ever gets to host her own late night show. I want to see Deborah get her own show but it was *realistic of the writers to give it to some generic guy.

by Anonymousreply 166May 17, 2024 7:19 PM

Are all actresses on this show bi? Hannah Einbinder is bi, Lorenza Izzo is bi and married to a woman, Meg Stalter is bi and has a gf.

by Anonymousreply 167May 17, 2024 7:28 PM

I love this show so much, they need to keep doing more seasons. Jean Smart is a national treasure.

by Anonymousreply 168May 17, 2024 7:40 PM

R167, ew. Nobody needs to think of Staltersnatch getting chomped.

by Anonymousreply 169May 17, 2024 7:56 PM

I really enjoy this show but the only problem with it is that none of DV’s jokes are funny.

I do love that Paul W. Downs is a straight guy who seems positively gay. It makes him kind of sexy.

by Anonymousreply 170May 17, 2024 8:36 PM

Downs is the antithesis of hot.

by Anonymousreply 171May 17, 2024 9:34 PM

Nope, been hot for him since Broad City

by Anonymousreply 172May 17, 2024 9:36 PM

I didn't notice that Kayla was absent from episodes 5 and 6 until I saw it mentioned here. Didn't really miss her, we needed that break.

by Anonymousreply 173May 17, 2024 9:50 PM

His eyes are in two different time zones R170.

by Anonymousreply 174May 18, 2024 2:00 AM

Personally, I think the season will end with Deborah not getting late night but something more current like a streaming show. I didn’t realize that Deborah’s career is kind of in the shitter - selling products on YouTube or whatever. No wonder she wants that late night gig.

Jean tends to submit the sixth episode of each season (1.69 Million, The Click) as her Emmy submission. She might continue that this year as her scene work with Tony Goldwyn is very strong.

by Anonymousreply 175May 18, 2024 2:10 AM

My feeling is she gets offered a different late night show and takes it, and gives the Tonight Show a run for their money.

by Anonymousreply 176May 18, 2024 3:10 AM

Isn’t this show just repetitively cycling through its established narrative? I mean, it goes down easy, like a wine box at Jeanine Pirro’s house, but y’know…it doesn’t have anywhere to go. Now that they’ve done the “two lead characters lost in the woods” bottle episode, what’s left? Shoot them into space?

The show has a lot going for it, Jean Smart of course and the cross-generational cast, but for the TONS of producers, co-producers, executive producers, co-executive producers, producers at large, etc. it’s pretty weak tea. “Oh! Let’s do the one where she finds a ring and thinks her one-dimensional girlfriend is going to propose marriage to her!” That’s some tired shit right there. Right next to the “lost in the woods” premise. I mean, how much money was spent on that runway sequence that was about….oh yeah. Nothing.

I like Helen Hunt and I like Kala and Jimmy being productive as a team in that instance. But what happened? Where was the big meeting? Who’s in charge, HH or Champagne Tony Goldwyn? And the pay off with the colonoscopy plot is…DV aligns herself with Ava? I suppose the problem with this show is DV is apparently more of a monster than she’s allowed to be portrayed. The impact of the jokes is far greater than they actually are, etc. Ava is a far worse girlfriend than she’s portrayed, etc. (Also, do lesbians really break up that easily? They seem more like gay men here.) Luke MacFarlane is cast as a straight Marvel actor. O-kay. I mean, the show’s fan base - and, lbh, you’d be in danger of losing your gay card if you didn’t watch Hacks - is actually smarter than this show gives us credit for. (I mean, you’re on a site where a regular thread theme is dissecting the career trajectory and/or downward spiral of mostly obscure, B-list network tv stars - and yet were portrayed as overweight Etsy fan boys. (It should be Only Fans, maybe.)

Speaking of which, who’s going to start the Christina Hendricks thread? “Multiple Emmy nominee” Christina Hendricks.

Don’t get me wrong. I enjoy the show. But it’s aptly named. Those show creators are really lucky to have Jean Smart and to have discovered Hannah Einbinder. They have amazing chemistry - but the writers make it too easy for their characters. Also, where’s Jane Adams? The end.

by Anonymousreply 177May 18, 2024 12:19 PM

What are your favorite shows, r177?

by Anonymousreply 178May 18, 2024 12:30 PM

Can Ava/Einbinder wear better jeans? FFS the high-waisted mom jeans are so unflattering.

by Anonymousreply 179May 18, 2024 12:39 PM

How many scenes do you really expect Ava's mom (Jane Adams) to have, though? She lives far away and any story line that included her has already been done. Unless she moves to Vegas, I don't really see how the show can realistically involve that character.

by Anonymousreply 180May 18, 2024 12:39 PM

The last 2 episodes felt like they had Important Points To Make. The conservative elderly woman learned about the environment, and the liberal young woman learned about the working class. There is a way to make this work without being preachy. They didn't find that way with these episodes.

by Anonymousreply 181May 18, 2024 1:02 PM

I don’t know, R178. I guess I don’t watch much but tv. I watch The Bear - but I’m not an unreserved fan of the show. There’s a lot to admire there though. I really liked Ripley, without reservations, and will probably watch it again at some point. I liked OITNB for the first few seasons. I’ve always watched Hacks, since the beginning, and while I enjoy it, it’s always left me kind of wanting. It never really seems that well constructed. I mean, whose experience are they really exploring? It’s only a “comedy” in tone and mostly excels in its more dramatic, potentially heartfelt moments. So why not do more of that? It’s an odd mix.

The fact is - one that this show’s creators almost miss entirely - is that a star of DV’s magnitude isn’t always performing. There’s a person behind that star who, out of need, becomes that persona. There’s a duality there that we rarely see. Even in DJ’s AA meeting - why not just allow her to flop? Instead, much to DI’s chagrin, she “charms” everybody. Let me tell you something: if ANYONE’s parent, esp. their MOTHER, showed up at an AA meeting, esp. after 5 years, it would be DAGGERS all around. People in 12 steps have A LOT invested in their victimhood and it’s unlikely they would be so easily charmed by the falsely constructed “DV” public persona. They would see right through that. It would’ve been a good place for DV to fail - and instead, the writers let her off the hook, with little empathy for DJ, and allow her to have it both ways. Her public ADORES her and her daughter doesn’t really matter.

This show makes you realise how rare and unique shows like I May Destroy You and Fleabag, among others, really are. And Hacks is not in that league. Y’know, it could be The Larry Sanders Show. But it’s not.

I liked Atlanta and Swarm too. Very different shows from this, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 182May 18, 2024 1:03 PM

It's a heightened reality for comedic purposes. The writers aren't interested in investigating how people at an AA meeting would actually react to Deborah's impromptu standup, rather it's "wouldn't it be funny if people reacted like this?" You know, comedy. I think this genre just might not be suited to you. Which is perfectly fine.

by Anonymousreply 183May 18, 2024 1:32 PM

As another poster said, I love how "gay" this show is.

by Anonymousreply 184May 18, 2024 7:39 PM

I feel how this is going to play out. They will eke out a 4th season. Season three has already started to lose its lustre. The show started strong and was funny and interesting, but I feel the writers are struggling with keeping it interesting, funny and clever.

Jean Smart is an amazingly talented actor. She's been in so many TV shows and played very interesting charaters in each. However, I don't believe she's ever been the lead actor in anything. Hacks is a great attempt and trying to make that happen, but its strength is definitely in being an ensemble show, and the current season seems to have strayed from that.

Ava is growing on me, and I'm actually enjoying her this season more so than the past two. I think after Hacks they will try to "make her happen" and she may have a fleeting tryst with fame, but ulitmately she'll end up like Aaron Paul post-Breaking Bad. Hot for second and then really nowhere to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 185May 18, 2024 7:56 PM

Wow, am totally pleased with the season so far, and think Jean nailed it in episode 6 because I totally bought DVs regret for hooking up with Goldwyn, the whole episode was everything she does better than just about everyone, which is bring EVERYTHING to a scene, on full display.

And Hannah is also stellar this year as well, and the show is awash in muff love this season which is.. inconsequential for me as a gay man.

If they can't mine another eight hours out of these characters and that industry I will be shocked. But now they have my expectations pretty high.

by Anonymousreply 186May 19, 2024 4:08 AM

I wasn't a fan of the "characters are lost in the woods so now they're forced to have an honest conversation about the nature of life" episode. It reminded me of Pine Barrens and the Breaking Bad episode Fly, neither of which I cared for. I could feel the writers masturbating during that episode.

This show is fine but not brilliant. It owes every ounce of it's watchability to Jean Smart and NOT Einbinder or any of the painfully unfunny side characters (except for DJ, she's great)

by Anonymousreply 187May 19, 2024 11:36 AM

R187 I agree it sounds “writerly” when the characters burp up tight mantras about wealth, youth, progressivism, etc. When that inflatable redhead who wanted to pee on Ava spouts off on sex positivity, you can hear the writers “explaining” irony.

The dialogue in these past two episodes sounds like a “zine” or cheeky, pithy writing in political cartoons like Tom Tomorrow. You can agree with much of it but still get bored and wish it were funnier. I agree the acting is good, and Jean Smart is a lot of fun to watch in nearly every scene. She is like that in everything.

That episode in the woods felt like a really long Massengill Moment, or maybe the expended remix of Saturday Night Live’s parody of that ad concept.

by Anonymousreply 188May 19, 2024 1:10 PM

Lost in the woods episode was…lost in the woods.

by Anonymousreply 189May 19, 2024 4:35 PM

I loved the lost in the woods episode. So many great lines and moments

by Anonymousreply 190May 19, 2024 5:08 PM

[quote] I agree it sounds “writerly” when the characters burp up tight mantras about wealth, youth, progressivism, etc. When that inflatable redhead who wanted to pee on Ava spouts off on sex positivity, you can hear the writers “explaining” irony.

[quote]The dialogue in these past two episodes sounds like a “zine” or cheeky, pithy writing in political cartoons like Tom Tomorrow. You can agree with much of it but still get bored and wish it were funnier.

I know far too many people IRL who are EXACTLY like Hannah Einbinder's character. It's a very true to life depiction of a certain type. The dialogue coming out of her mouth is practically word for word of real-life interactions I've had with real people.

by Anonymousreply 191May 19, 2024 8:25 PM

R: 188 — “That inflatable redhead” is Christina Henricks, who managed to snag six Emmy nominations playing secretary Joan Holloway on MAD MEN.

Perhaps you’ve heard of it?

by Anonymousreply 192May 20, 2024 5:50 PM

Those nominations were largely thanks to Matthew Weiner's writing, her acting wasn't anything particularly special. Hence no wins and very little work since.

by Anonymousreply 193May 20, 2024 7:46 PM

And ,sorry, it’s “Hendricks.”

by Anonymousreply 194May 20, 2024 8:07 PM

Nevertheless, a culturally literate gay man should know who she is.

by Anonymousreply 195May 20, 2024 8:08 PM

I know her gin tastes of cucumber.

by Anonymousreply 196May 20, 2024 9:32 PM

I loved the little people audition. 👯👯‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 197May 20, 2024 10:21 PM

Are the writers all too young to have ever experienced a colonoscopy? And, more precisely, what happens to you the night before a colonoscopy? Talk about a missed bit. Stealing all the toilet paper was funny, I'll give them that.

by Anonymousreply 198May 20, 2024 10:32 PM

The trivia game was a complete waste of time. Poor Marcus has really been sidelined.

by Anonymousreply 199May 20, 2024 10:33 PM

I think Marcus is going to go work for QVC and leave working for Deborah

by Anonymousreply 200May 20, 2024 10:36 PM

Was Marcus acting on another gig during the season's shoot?

by Anonymousreply 201May 20, 2024 11:59 PM

Lost in the woods episode was co-written by Carol Leifer. Loved what Debra said about aging.

by Anonymousreply 202May 21, 2024 1:14 AM

The writing would be completely wasted in the hands of a shitty actor, r193. Ridiculous to say that she doesn't deserve any credit. She works consistently, you liar.

by Anonymousreply 203May 21, 2024 2:07 AM

She was neither shitty nor great, she did the job that was asked of her. It's the excellent writing that put her in the spotlight and kept her there for the duration of the show. And no, she really hasn't been in anything of note since. Oh wait, she's been in one episode of Hacks! Lots of staying power on the red carpet because of her rack however, though that's also waned in recent years as evidenced by barely any DL threads about her.

Anyway, I wasn't meant to derail the discussion, but this retroactive glorification of CH is preposterous. Myth making in real time.

by Anonymousreply 204May 21, 2024 7:27 AM

Hendricks did like 5 seasons of Good Girls after Mad Men. Works constantly.

by Anonymousreply 205May 21, 2024 7:44 AM

All this time I didn't know those were her real tits. I thought they were some prosthetic stunt statement on the sixties.

by Anonymousreply 206May 21, 2024 10:56 AM

That hiking episode was so stupid. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 207May 21, 2024 10:59 AM

r204, Mad Men ended in 2015. In the nine years since she has been in:

12 movies

17 episodes of something called "Another Period"

15 episodes of something called "Tin Star"

50 episodes of "Good Girls"

8 episodes of something called "The Buccaneers" which has been renewed for a second season.

Appearances on 5 other shows where she worked for between 1-5 episodes each.

I'm not trying to derail the thread either but I find it irritating when someone tries to prove a point by saying something blatantly untrue and I don't think calling someone on their catty bullshit is "glorification". Christina Hendricks works consistently even if you think she's not a serious actor because of her prominent "rack".

by Anonymousreply 208May 21, 2024 11:22 AM

Well, this thread has gone tits up.

by Anonymousreply 209May 21, 2024 2:00 PM

I thought the hiking episode was the weakest of the season (it's a high bar) but still enjoyable. That said, this native Pennsylvanian could tell in a snap that episode was filmed in California. Topography all wrong, trees all wrong. I know Hacks isn't a documentary, and filming in PA would no doubt have been prohibitive, but it did take me out of the show for a minute to scoff and point.

Agreed with the upthread posters: More Marcus, please. And Deborah's housekeeper, too.

by Anonymousreply 210May 21, 2024 4:26 PM

I have to wonder if the writers don't like the actors who play Marcus and Kayla? On the later, I don't blame them (not that I know her.....).

by Anonymousreply 211May 21, 2024 6:08 PM

To add a bit of background: for reasons not yet clear, the writers decided to add on the hiking episode *after* they'd already written the entire season, and also filmed half of it. Like everything else, it was delayed due to the strikes, but apparently at some point after the writers' strike and during the SAG one, they decided to add an almost entirely standalone episode. This btw is why Deborah's rather considerable fall down a hill results not in the standard broken hip for most people over 70, but merely a minor sprained ankle. (Since the following episode was already in the can, and shows Deborah wearing heels throughout, they added a single season with her in an ankle boot to explain it.)

R210, my mom lives outside of Philly, and while she got a hoot out of the KOP Mall reference – she lives almost literally across the street from it – she mentioned to *me* that it was clearly filmed nowhere near PA. (This is one of the few shows we both like.) While the show camouflages it well, nearly all of it is filmed in L.A., aside from a handful of location scenes shot in Vegas. Even Deborah's house, and most of the shots in previous seasons of them driving through the desert, were shot near L.A. Given that fact, I'm assuming they shot it either in the Angeles National Forest northeast of the city and/or one of the ranch studio sites in the Valley.

Finally, I'm curious: am I the only one who's been assuming Jimmy is gay? (as is the actor who plays him) If so, he's 100% closeted: he not only co-created the show *and* serves as one of its showrunners, but is also married to one of its *other* showrunners! (the woman who's been his stand-up partner since they met in college)

by Anonymousreply 212May 21, 2024 6:21 PM

I wonder if with the writers' strike Marcus was also filming something else and his time was limited, like Marcia on Succession who was also shooting Rami much of the time.

by Anonymousreply 213May 21, 2024 6:34 PM

I thought the woods episode was worth it strictly for the speech Jean Smart gives about aging and running out of time.

by Anonymousreply 214May 21, 2024 6:34 PM

[quote] I could feel the writers masturbating during that episode.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 215May 21, 2024 6:42 PM

It felt a bit like the Christmas and Coach Beard episodes of the second season of Ted Lasso.

by Anonymousreply 216May 21, 2024 7:23 PM

I like the lost in the woods episode 🤷🏽‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 217May 21, 2024 7:40 PM

r208

Another period was kinda funny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218May 21, 2024 11:30 PM

Another Period

by Anonymousreply 219May 21, 2024 11:33 PM

Lost in the woods was embarrassingly bad drivel

by Anonymousreply 220May 22, 2024 3:07 AM

It was an ok episode.

by Anonymousreply 221May 22, 2024 3:21 AM

The lost in the woods episode was written by Carol Leifer, one of those "am I right, ladies?" hacky 1980s stand up comics.

by Anonymousreply 222May 22, 2024 3:22 AM

To be fair, Carol Leifer was also a writer for Seinfeld who is largely credited as the inspiration for Elaine Benes.

by Anonymousreply 223May 22, 2024 3:32 AM

But she's still a hacky 80s stand up.

by Anonymousreply 224May 22, 2024 3:37 AM

I think the natural endpoint of the show is when Ava becomes famous on her own - to the point of eclipsing Deborah.

by Anonymousreply 225May 22, 2024 3:44 AM

This season started strong but the episodes starting with the colonoscopy and the forced "fight" in the kitchen between the two of them have just been meh. There have been a few funny moments, but it's like the writers are just throwing up some woke vomit. I couldn't believe the horrific writing in the speech Deborah made to the kids on the motorbikes about climate change. It wasn't funny at all. Everything suddenly feels contrived like the lost in the woods episode. I keep thinking they are hinting that Deb and Ava will end up together in some weird lesbian relationship. I actually think that might be a really interesting ending if that's what they do but i don't think Deborah leans that way at all.

by Anonymousreply 226May 22, 2024 4:41 AM

R225 there isn’t that much time left in eternity for that to happen.

by Anonymousreply 227May 22, 2024 5:03 AM

[quote]n the kitchen between the two of them have just been meh. There have been a few funny moments, but it's like the writers are just throwing up some woke vomit. I couldn't believe the horrific writing in the speech Deborah made to the kids on the motorbikes about climate change.

She was trying to relate to Gen Z. Who are all about that.

by Anonymousreply 228May 22, 2024 5:07 AM

R223: Which ONLY seems to bother (or mostly bothers) MEN.

by Anonymousreply 229May 22, 2024 5:19 AM

^^ (eh, I meant to reply to R224)

by Anonymousreply 230May 22, 2024 5:25 AM

It's a gay guy show.

Carol Leifer was a hacky 80s stand up.

"Am I right ladies?"

by Anonymousreply 231May 22, 2024 5:59 AM

I love that Famous by the Parcels was the them for the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 232May 22, 2024 6:00 AM

Carol Leifer may have inspired Elaine in 1992, which was 32 years ago…but the writing of the woods episode was still fresh and nuanced!

by Anonymousreply 233May 22, 2024 11:15 AM

Wow. I was ready to write off E08 but then it ended THAT WAY.

I shed a few tears. I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 234May 24, 2024 12:02 AM

I started sobbing too

by Anonymousreply 235May 24, 2024 1:06 AM

These two episodes were great.

I though Jean Smart and J Cameron-Smith had great chemistry together. And glad there was no cheesy resolution. It was nice seeing The Mayor and Ava's mom again. The Mayor might be my favorite recurring character.

And episode 8. The speech with Marcus about gays making someone an icon and then them growing into greater fame was inspired. And of course the ending. We all know that Deborah will eventually land the late night gig, but having it happen still was powerful.

I was surprised this wasn't the finale. That means we are going to get some drama between Ava and Deborah next week to close the season.

by Anonymousreply 236May 24, 2024 1:52 AM

Episode 8 is one in which Deborah LEARNS

by Anonymousreply 237May 24, 2024 2:02 AM

I'm still enjoying it, but it feels check-list and rushed. Marcus' hook up was hot.

Little Debbies. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 238May 24, 2024 2:33 AM

Yes, and is the best episode of the show so far. I still think Jean will submit Par for the Course as her episode at the Emmys. She got to do so much in it and killed it in all aspects.

by Anonymousreply 239May 24, 2024 3:54 AM

I thought the Berkeley episode was fantastic. They managed to make Deborah and the students both have sympathetic points of view without turning either of them into a cartoon.

I do think a lot of the audience didn't get that Marcus' conversation in the bar with the eldergay was heavily tinged with that generation's devastation from AIDS and that Deborah doubtless was an early supporter and fundraiser for AIDS charities.

And speaking of — the improv show:

"When he asks for a suggestion from the audience, I want you to say 'pediatric AIDS'."

by Anonymousreply 240May 24, 2024 4:23 AM

I loved these two episodes. The sister one was super touching and Christopher Lloyd was hilarious. He looked a lot better here than in The Mandalorian last year, where he looked like death warmed over. Very spry, so that was nice to see.

Berkeley was shot so beautifully, they should maybe use that in their promo material. Great nuanced discussion of "problematic" comedy and issues around cancellation. Deborah made part of her career (and wealth) on the backs of minorities, and the fact that she was the first comedian to say abortion on TV does not absolve her of that burden. The students at the town hall demonstrated perfectly that you don't need to punch down in order to be funny. And Deborah's "you never apologise for a joke because you just don't" perfectly illustrated the unreasonable obstinance of older comedians.

My favourite part were the improv warm-up exercises. So painful and so true to life. Deborah's facial expression when she awkwardly pivoted to pediatric AIDS was hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 241May 24, 2024 4:49 AM

E08's ending was why this show is must watch TV for me, and they covered a lot of terrain in the episode itself, and it was catnip for fans.

by Anonymousreply 242May 24, 2024 5:17 AM

On one hand, I like that they drop 2 episodes a week, but on the other…I’m sad that after next week, it might be over—it feels like this season just started!

by Anonymousreply 243May 24, 2024 10:35 AM

It’s really good. I got impatient with the pacing of some plot elements, but that may be my own distractedness.

The Town Hall segment felt odd that the college student delivered her feedback with jokes. I agree that the improv troop was pretty spot on in their chirpy awkwardness (“and that’s totally ok!”).

Christopher Lloyd is still a pretty amazing presence on camera. His bio is impressive, and I have always found him really appealing.

by Anonymousreply 244May 24, 2024 2:39 PM

R244, I think the Punjabi girl was practicing her Tight Ten. It was obviously rehearsed. She just doesn't have the star quality that Deborah has. That's the backstory I created in my mind anyway

by Anonymousreply 245May 24, 2024 3:56 PM

Here's Einhandler at 13. What work has she had?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246May 24, 2024 4:19 PM

Oooof I lost it and the end of episode 8.

Really strong episode. Jean Smart is such a great actor.

Loving Paul Downs this season.

by Anonymousreply 247May 24, 2024 7:07 PM

Also really loved the eldergay in episode 8.

by Anonymousreply 248May 24, 2024 7:08 PM

Episode 7 was nice but I liked episode 8 even more. I liked the Marcus storyline as well as the smart, nuanced take on cancel culture. Indeed the ending was great and I can’t wait to see how they wrap things up next week.

by Anonymousreply 249May 24, 2024 9:03 PM

J. Smith Cameron wasn’t bad but she just didn’t get a lot of material that I thought she would. Jane Adams was even funnier. Christopher Lloyd though stole the whole episode. He was great.

by Anonymousreply 250May 24, 2024 9:09 PM

Nobody is gonna mention Deirdre Hall? ☺️

by Anonymousreply 251May 24, 2024 9:33 PM

The resolution of the journalist arc at Berkeley was nice. At first it sort of seemed like she'd be a stereotypical "woke" journalist who would be disgusted by Debra's past material and her present self to a large degree and would seek to make her look as bad as possible. But she was nuanced and gave her a "yes" vote. I liked Ava explaining to Debra that the balanced article that included plenty of criticism was as a close to a rave as people get from that journalist.

by Anonymousreply 252May 25, 2024 12:26 AM

I ended up hating the sister even more. What a manipulative little bitch

by Anonymousreply 253May 25, 2024 1:08 AM

I didn't hate the sister, but I didn't really like her either. I don't feel like it really needed on-screen resolution but they have referenced Kathy during the entire series, so it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 254May 25, 2024 1:25 AM

Why did they recast Linda Purl (the original Kathy)?

by Anonymousreply 255May 25, 2024 1:41 AM

Why did the recast a no name actress with an Emmy nominated star hot off another HBO hit, that can go toe to toe with Jean Smart?

You really have to ask r255.

by Anonymousreply 256May 25, 2024 1:46 AM

This is why, R256.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257May 25, 2024 1:56 AM

And THIS is why, you fucking moron R256.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258May 25, 2024 1:58 AM

I hope this show goes for ten seasons. I wish they would make at least 20 episodes a season.

by Anonymousreply 259May 25, 2024 1:59 AM

It could be my sleeping show minus the episode with Marcus' alarm

by Anonymousreply 260May 25, 2024 2:10 AM

They must have plans to make Kathy a more often recurring character in season 4, otherwise there was no reason for JSC to come on for just one episode.

by Anonymousreply 261May 25, 2024 2:11 AM

Apologies R256. I reread your post.

by Anonymousreply 262May 25, 2024 2:15 AM

R251 There really never was much to say about Deirdre Hall or her “acting”. However, I am very curious after seeing this episode if she is able to close her eyes at night when she sleeps? Or perhaps she’s converted to Asian?

by Anonymousreply 263May 25, 2024 2:53 AM

I love the mayor of Las Vegas.

"I've gotta do a number three, if you know what I'm sayin'."

by Anonymousreply 264May 25, 2024 3:53 AM

I've never watched soaps so I'm only vaguely aware of who Deidre Hall is. I know she was on some soap for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 265May 25, 2024 3:54 AM

Why I'll never acknowledge R265's existence.

by Anonymousreply 266May 25, 2024 4:11 AM

Fine by me r266. Most grown men don't watch soaps and don't really know who you are.

by Anonymousreply 267May 25, 2024 4:12 AM

Ava is so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 268May 25, 2024 4:13 AM

There are many Avas IRL unfortunately. I've dealt with them.

by Anonymousreply 269May 25, 2024 4:15 AM

R267 doesn't . . . GET it.

by Anonymousreply 270May 25, 2024 4:15 AM

Don't care r270.

by Anonymousreply 271May 25, 2024 4:16 AM

I thought ep. 8 was the last one, so glad there are two more.

by Anonymousreply 272May 25, 2024 4:17 AM

R269, yes. She is a perfect Exhibit of an obnoxious "Zillennial" woman.

Not a fan.

by Anonymousreply 273May 25, 2024 4:18 AM

R269 I dealt with one this past week and a half. I was on a jury and when we first went into the jury room to deliberate we were working out how to effectively deliberate. As we were figuring that out one of the Gen-Xrs who was probably 25 or so said, let's use a Talking Stick. Now I'm as liberal as they come but that was one of the stupidest fucking suggestions I've ever heard. And no, we did not use a fucking Talking Stick.

by Anonymousreply 274May 25, 2024 4:20 AM

I thought there was only one more episode

by Anonymousreply 275May 25, 2024 5:29 AM

There are 9 episodes total.

by Anonymousreply 276May 25, 2024 5:32 AM

Why R270 Doesn't Care, by Deidre Hall

by Anonymousreply 277May 25, 2024 1:57 PM

I love the plot line of Ana’s wokeness basically unraveling her mental health

by Anonymousreply 278May 25, 2024 2:13 PM

Jimmy's lifts in episode eight, oh my.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279May 25, 2024 2:59 PM

His official height is 5'8" so that means he's really 5'5"

by Anonymousreply 280May 25, 2024 3:17 PM

I thought Jimmy was gay, too. Both on the show and off.

by Anonymousreply 281May 25, 2024 3:23 PM

"Hacks hasn’t officially been renewed for a fourth season just yet, but the creators, who have a five-season plan in mind, are already concocting new scenarios to please Smart and Einbinder. “We’re thinking about Deborah and Ava all day, every day,” says Statsky, who spoke alongside Downs and Aniello during a break from writing. “We can’t ever stop,” adds Downs. “So we’re working on it regardless of what happens next.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282May 26, 2024 2:42 AM

I thought there was a kind of facial resemblance somehow between Downs and Hall. It worked.

by Anonymousreply 283May 26, 2024 2:43 AM

A fourth season of Deborah’s hosting antics sounds incredible.

by Anonymousreply 284May 26, 2024 3:38 AM

This is one of the few shows that's worth watching, let's hope it continues for several more seasons.

I also got a little teary at the end when Deborah got the late night gig. MARY!

by Anonymousreply 285May 26, 2024 3:50 AM

I laughed outloud when Kayla said Jack Danby probably can’t cum unless he has a gun in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 286May 26, 2024 11:09 AM

r286 I also laughed when she said "nasty" for the second time in an overly exaggerated British accent for no reason whatsoever. Or when she skedaddled, leaving all her stuff behind. She's so stupidly playful, I love it.

by Anonymousreply 287May 26, 2024 11:46 AM

A little Kayla and Jimmy goes a long way. I had a sinking feeling next season will be spinning off into Jimmy producing the Arbuckle movie. I'm not sure there's room enough in a half hour for that. We didn't get even close enough to enough time with Marcus (who must not actually got to QVC) and Josefina could use some airtime too. I wonder if maybe between Smart's surgery delay and the writer's strike, the actor who played Marcus was not as available as planned for, so they concocted the Jimmy and Kayla stories to fill the gap? They're second tier supporting characters for me.

by Anonymousreply 288May 26, 2024 1:44 PM

I didn't think we'd ever actually get to meet Jimmy's mom. For some reason, I just assumed she'd always stay one of those "named but not shown" characters in sitcoms, like Stanley in Will & Grace.

by Anonymousreply 289May 26, 2024 2:03 PM

Creaky

by Anonymousreply 290May 26, 2024 2:09 PM

I'm going to say something very unpopular. Jean Smart plays a badly dressed, loud, obviously aging woman in her 70s. She is not someone I'd want to watch at 10:30 five nights a week or ever.

Ava and Deb both have disappointments as their respective mother and daughter. That's the bond and that's why Ava can overlook the meanness. Deb gets her and they click.

by Anonymousreply 291May 26, 2024 2:20 PM

typos

in their respective mothers and daughters.

by Anonymousreply 292May 26, 2024 2:21 PM

I thought she seemed really delightful in her guest substitute hosting. Lighter, having fun, quick on her feet.

by Anonymousreply 293May 26, 2024 2:39 PM

I can accept her as a late night talk show host.

But pretending even university students would have any idea who she was or that a young gay guy would have a tattoo of her seems ludicrous. But I guess the cancellation plotline requires her to be relevant. Seems a stretch.

The writers think they’re so clever. I listened to a WGA podcast with them recently and they’re really full of themselves - “oh! you should hear ALL the jokes that don’t make the edit!!” It’d be great it some actual jokes actually DID make the edit.

They also take full credit for Broad City with barely a mention of Ilana Glazer and no mention of Abbi Jacobson. The gall.

by Anonymousreply 294May 26, 2024 2:51 PM

You don't get by in this business by offering somebody else a turn, kid.

by Anonymousreply 295May 26, 2024 3:01 PM

Paul Down is obviously in some kind of arrangement with his wife, because he is not straight.

by Anonymousreply 296May 26, 2024 3:41 PM

I knew the two of them years ago and they were extremely full of themselves back before they were anyone.

Very bright, ambitious and arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 297May 26, 2024 3:47 PM

Is this the gayest show on TV?

by Anonymousreply 298May 26, 2024 3:50 PM

[quote] Is this the gayest show on TV?

Yes, yes it is

by Anonymousreply 299May 26, 2024 8:15 PM

In the world of the show Deborah released a widely popular comedy special that became a pop culture moment r294. She is more famous now than she ever has been.

Yeah season 1 Deborah, college students probably would barely know her. But that's what we have watched the last couple of seasons.

by Anonymousreply 300May 26, 2024 9:59 PM

I would watch Deborah Vance over idiot Jimmy Fallon any day.

by Anonymousreply 301May 26, 2024 10:44 PM

I suspect it ultimately won’t be enough for her, r301. I think she’ll quickly realize now that she’s grasped the late night brass ring that’ll she want something more than network-appropriate monologues and interviewing movie stars. I almost wonder if the end game is for Deborah to run for president as a sort of anti-Trump and using her “ok boomer” iconoclasm for the ultimate good?

by Anonymousreply 302May 26, 2024 11:17 PM

I love this show and dont want it to end, but wasn’t very impressed by the last two episodes, mainly the christmas one. The part on the script was too long and unnecessary. And while i admire that the sisters reunion wasn’t an emotional thing, it was somehow unsatisying. But minor quibbles, am loving this.

And there wasn’t a gay present in that palm springs pride scene as gayer than Jimmy.

by Anonymousreply 303May 26, 2024 11:30 PM

It's a shame that Joan Rivers isn't here to give her take on the show, since it's clearly based on her life. Has Melissa Rivers commented on the show? I just know that Joan would have loved it.

by Anonymousreply 304May 26, 2024 11:43 PM

I think it would have been more interesting if Frank were still alive. It's almost too easy that he's dead, DJ is pregnant, so now it's time for a reunion. How would Deborah have handled being grandparents with both of them? Still inviting them to Christmas for DJ?

by Anonymousreply 305May 27, 2024 12:10 AM

I was thinking I wish they'd done Berkley different. Have Deborah get it and still refuse to apologize and then turn the tables on the kids and fight back on the basis this is all getting out of hand. it was the same Okay boomer angle everybody writes.

by Anonymousreply 306May 27, 2024 12:43 AM

Offensive Deborah is funnier.

by Anonymousreply 307May 27, 2024 12:49 AM

I agree r306. Yes, there is some truth to the reasons that people would be mad at Deborah, but she has a case too, against sad and delicate and fucked up college kids who can't take the slightest joke if it doesn't 100% fit into their little worldview. It should have been a more ambiguous resolution, which is kind of the whole dynamic between Deborah and Ava. Ava is kind of an annoying twat, and so are all the little precious college kids traumatized by the slightest amount of humor that hasn't been pre-approved and pre-digested and just tells them they are perfect in every way.

by Anonymousreply 308May 27, 2024 12:56 AM

I don’t think it’s a stretch that the college kids here knew Deborah Vance. When Joan Rivers was a star and particularly in the last years of Betty White’s career when there were write-in campaigns to get her on to SNL, college kids knew all about her then. And clearly Rivers and White are two of the templates for this character.

The trailer for ep 9 makes it look like network executives try to tame Deborah’s humor and comic instincts and that she’s so desperate for the gig she’s willing to compromise while Ava tries to keep her true to herself and her own killer instincts. I think this is a promising direction for the first part of next season.

I like Clemons-Hopkins as Marcus, but playing his current character there isn’t much there for him once Vance becomes a TV star, and this actor hasn’t had much to do this season anyway. Not surprised if the actor found something more urgent to do elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 309May 27, 2024 1:42 PM

As Paul Downs and Meg Stalter became more prominent characters this season there was less time for other supporting characters like Marcus, Kiki, Marty. That Vegas supporting cast.

by Anonymousreply 310May 27, 2024 2:58 PM

It's too bad the Marcus character seems to have played out. I wish they had more Damien.

by Anonymousreply 311May 27, 2024 3:04 PM

Damien should logically be around more, he is Deborah's personal assistant, he would be with her everywhere. But the heart of the show is Deborah/Ava so they like to keep things like the golf event and the Berkeley trip the two of them.

by Anonymousreply 312May 27, 2024 3:09 PM

I thought he was head of her marketing and DAMIEN was the personal assistant

by Anonymousreply 313May 27, 2024 3:27 PM

r313 Did SOMEONE say otherwise? DAMIEN is her PERSONAL ASSISTANT.

Marcus is TECHNICALLY now COO.

by Anonymousreply 314May 27, 2024 3:33 PM

I thought Marcus was CEO. I remember when he was dating Wilson and Wilson made some comment about being a successful CEO, and Marcus corrected him that he was COO. And then in that last episode of season 1, where Deborah fights with Ava and realizes how much she needs Marcus, she promotes him to CEO and gives him a raise. But, maybe it was just a raise. I think it would be sort of dumb to have Marcus leave for another job but also keep him around - the episodes don't have enough room to do anything with the character. Though in Season 4, maybe he has left at the beginning and comes back like Ava.

by Anonymousreply 315May 27, 2024 3:55 PM

I wish they would write the daughter out of the show. The actress playing her is so unlikable and uninteresting. Same for the actor playing Marcus. He has bad energy.

The audience likes Jimmy and Kayla as a team, which is why they are getting much more screen time this season. Ava's part has been whittled down considerably.

by Anonymousreply 316May 27, 2024 4:23 PM

I didn't even notice Damien until this season. Seriously. Is he... not new? Because I never rated him. I thought he was new this season.

by Anonymousreply 317May 27, 2024 4:56 PM

No, Damien has been there the whole time. He never has a lot to do, but he consistently pops up.

by Anonymousreply 318May 27, 2024 5:01 PM

It feels like Damien mostly exists to give a gay former child actor a series regular credit and access to SAG health insurance. Whenever he’s onscreen I’m always like “oh that’s actually really nice of them!”

by Anonymousreply 319May 27, 2024 5:12 PM

I think they use Damien the right amount. He's had some funny lines.

by Anonymousreply 320May 27, 2024 5:13 PM

I was the biggest fan but this last episodes have been awful.

by Anonymousreply 321May 27, 2024 5:14 PM

[quote] Ava's part has been whittled down considerably.

I thought so, too. Which is too bad because in my estimation she's really found her comedic stride and she plays so well with Smart... she's also getting flashes of humility and empathy that I find really endearing. Strange to cut back her and Marcus to elevate some minor players we don't really know that well. Jimmy's fine in Deborah's orbit but don't really dig him with his own show within the show.

by Anonymousreply 322May 27, 2024 6:07 PM

Ava’s role “whittled down”? I don’t see that. Early in the season she had scenes with the character of her TV star girlfriend, and she’s been the major scene partner to the character of Deborah Vance all season, especially in that lost-in-the-woods episode which was almost all just the two of them.

Not to mention that the whole premise of the show is their generational culture clash and how that collaboration helps both of them.

Are you guys suggesting that Deborah Vance has become such a strong character as played by Jean Smart that she could exist on her own with other characters besides Ava? That may be true but I don’t see the seeds of that being planted yet this season.

by Anonymousreply 323May 27, 2024 6:22 PM

It's wild that Jean Smart was older when Hacks started than Angela Lansbury was when Murder, She Wrote started. I think Jean was also older than Bea, Betty and Rue were when Golden Girls began.

by Anonymousreply 324May 27, 2024 8:07 PM

Jean was 70ish when Hacks started. When the Golden Girls started Bea and Betty were 63, Estelle was 61 and Rue was 51. Amazing how much older people looked decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 325May 27, 2024 8:12 PM

[quote] Why did they recast Linda Purl (the original Kathy)?

Unless you’re an eldergay who still watches old reruns of Matlock, no one knows who the fuck Linda Purl is.

Anyway, I would’ve preferred Kim Cattrall as the younger sister since she looks a lot like Jean Smart. It would’ve been a great return to form for her.

by Anonymousreply 326May 27, 2024 8:58 PM

In terms of plot, should DV forgive her sister and fully reconcile or nah?

by Anonymousreply 327May 27, 2024 9:28 PM

Unless they have big plans for Cathy in season 4, which they might, the actor really didn't have to be any sort of recognizable name. She was referenced a lot but only appeared briefly when Debra tried to run her over in season 1 or 2 and then in the latest episode at the Christmas party.

by Anonymousreply 328May 27, 2024 9:32 PM

R327 Let’s don’t use the word “nah,” sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 329May 27, 2024 10:42 PM

Get a life, boomer.

by Anonymousreply 330May 28, 2024 2:04 PM

We've got them, R330. Your resentment at your crumbs is just a bonus.

by Anonymousreply 331May 28, 2024 2:06 PM

Every episode since the colonoscopy has sucked thanks to this woke shit. I thought AVA was there to write for Deborah but instead, all we see is this crap with the college and them wandering in the woods talking about climate change. Damn, whoever said wokeness was ruining creativity was right. None of this stuff has been remotely funny or interesting and that's sad because I love the characters and was excited they brought it back. I don't know that I would watch a season 4 of this dreck.

It's bad when Jimmy and Kayla are funnier than the two leads.

by Anonymousreply 332May 28, 2024 7:13 PM

^^The perspective of a Trump voter.

by Anonymousreply 333May 28, 2024 7:29 PM

Nope, r333. I'm a liberal although not as liberal as you, I guess. You couldn't pay me to vote for Trump.

This shit is tired. Most of us are sick of it.

by Anonymousreply 334May 28, 2024 7:36 PM

Liberals don’t usually complain about “woke shit.” Also, the show directly confronted the idea of wokeness in the latest episode.

Ava is almost a parody of a woke millennial so you complaining that she is talking about climate change literally misses the point of the entire character. That’s what her character WOULD be talking about.

You don’t seem like the most discerning viewer.

by Anonymousreply 335May 28, 2024 7:45 PM

It's about two clashing generations, and Ava is made out to be hopelessly naive and clueless most of the time. Deborah always calls her out on it.

by Anonymousreply 336May 28, 2024 7:54 PM

It was fine for one episode, r335, but the entire show since episode 6 has been more "woke" than me on a Saturday morning. Ava is a writer and is supposed to be WORKING with Deb like she did in the first two seasons, but for some reason this season she's playing the "woke" sidekick to whatever antics the writers have thrown against the wall hoping something sticks. I know Ava is a parody of a woke millennial, but even the millennials I know aren't all about this shit. I do like how they try to balance it with Deborah's reasoning about some things like the Elves. But enough is enough. That whole speech at the end of the lost in the woods episode she gave to the kids rescuing her was cringeworthy. And the town hall was the most cringeworthy moment yet. It is insulting to the audience and feels really forced like the writers are trying to hit us on the head over and over and over.

I'm glad I don't know anyone like Ava in real life. Tiresome and boring with their bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 337May 28, 2024 7:56 PM

Ava is not a Millennial.

by Anonymousreply 338May 28, 2024 8:01 PM

And Hacks is not a documentary.

by Anonymousreply 339May 28, 2024 8:09 PM

Right r339. It's supposed to be a comedy.

by Anonymousreply 340May 28, 2024 8:10 PM

R338, what is she? Gen Z?

by Anonymousreply 341May 28, 2024 8:10 PM

R337 It’s definitely heavy handed. But much like the rest of the country seems like the writers weren’t really sure which direction to take with it because on one hand, you are kind of realizing like hey all this woke bullshit is really annoying but kind of like well I can see how hurtful some of it is. It had some nuance to it, but they definitely were hammering away at it.

by Anonymousreply 342May 28, 2024 8:11 PM

She's Gen Z. She did a whole monologue explaining how she's Gen Z and not a Millennial to Deborah in Season 1.

by Anonymousreply 343May 28, 2024 8:18 PM

I believe Ava is supposed to be 26, so yes that would put her in Gen Z not Millennial. Remember, most Millennials are in their 30s.

by Anonymousreply 344May 28, 2024 8:25 PM

Jean Smart is the new Bea Arthur.

by Anonymousreply 345May 28, 2024 8:51 PM

There's actually an episode when Ava says she's not a millennial, but is Gen Z.

"And also, most importantly, I'm Gen Z, okay? There are millennials who are, like, 40."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346May 29, 2024 12:22 AM

r346 Thank god you cleared that up - super important

by Anonymousreply 347May 29, 2024 1:14 AM

It wasn't because it was important, R347.

Thank God you responded snarkily - SUPER important.

by Anonymousreply 348May 29, 2024 1:44 AM

I love love love Helen Hunt’s character.

The pickleball scenes were perfection

by Anonymousreply 349May 29, 2024 3:21 PM

I think this season is a big letdown from the previous two. Some random episodes that made no sense, like the Christmas with the sister, and being stuck in the woods. Both episodes seemed pointless. I fear the show has peaked and on the downslide.

by Anonymousreply 350May 29, 2024 3:28 PM

Oh shut up r350 the show is still great. The Christmas episode was worth it just for the Mayor of Vegas to make another appearance. Fucking love her.

by Anonymousreply 351May 29, 2024 7:17 PM

Yours is he try clearly the minority opinion, R350. Everyone I’ve talked to (admittedly, mostly gay men) love this season and are sad that it ends tomorrow.

I think it’s fairly obviously that Max will renew for a fourth season.

by Anonymousreply 352May 29, 2024 7:20 PM

They’re missing out if they don’t explore the talk show. I think it would be great if they completely switched gears and made it about the day to day of the talkshow. I think it has run its course when it comes to standup. A full course change can be risky, but given the subject matter and the type of show, they could do it right. Not many shows have ever done it or done it correctly. But it’s honestly what the show probably needs to stay on the air longer. I bet Jean wants it to keep running because at her age how many more wins do you have.

by Anonymousreply 353May 29, 2024 7:26 PM

Agree r353

I predict they will do just that with Ava as the head writer.

Marcus will go work for QVC, DJ has the baby and Deborah and her sister reconcile.

Josphina and Damien are still in the picture and are cute as always .

Jimmy and Kayla become wildly successful

by Anonymousreply 354May 29, 2024 7:49 PM

R354 that sounds great, but what are the conflicts?

by Anonymousreply 355May 29, 2024 7:54 PM

Maybe Deborah and Ava go head to head with the direction of the show. Lots of potential for conflict

Marcus runs into issues at QVC (he does have a severe personality) and wants to come back and work for Deborah

Kayla and Jimmy are deep in the production of the Fatty A movie and shit goes sideways

I miss Kiki’s character

by Anonymousreply 356May 29, 2024 8:09 PM

The struggle is always far more interesting than the success, which is why this season is not as interesting. Next season will be all about the talk show. And it should be the last season. Jean is getting too old to do the show longer than that, and she's had some recent health scares. Go out on top.

by Anonymousreply 357May 29, 2024 8:09 PM

[quote]The pickleball scenes were perfection

R349 needs to reevaluate their idea of perfection.

by Anonymousreply 358May 29, 2024 8:17 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I can't imagine not liking the Christmas episode r352, I thought it was fantastic.

I think everyone agrees the hiking episode was the weakest of the season, every season has some episodes that are better than others.

by Anonymousreply 359May 29, 2024 9:31 PM

R350*

by Anonymousreply 360May 29, 2024 9:31 PM

I see a heroin OD in Ava’s future.

by Anonymousreply 361May 29, 2024 9:48 PM

I like it very much, including its imperfections in pacing and plausibility. I did think that the Keg Stand was an odd inclusion, and hope that was a stand-in for Smart.

Some aspects of the Christmas show were pretty charming. Ava lamenting to production of meat then asking for the platter of goose was a nice touch.

Jane Adams is a really interesting actress and I wish her role on this project offered her more to do.

I have a creeping feeling that Smart’s character will face some horrid illness and I thought that a few scenes where she wandered off during the Christmas episode sort of foreshadowed that potential.

by Anonymousreply 362May 29, 2024 11:23 PM

Jane Adams is atrociously annoying - yes, I get what she's supposed to do/be - still annoying.

by Anonymousreply 363May 29, 2024 11:25 PM

Hacks can't go on forever, so they'll need to conclude the whole Late Night endeavor somehow before the finale. I don't think the show can end with her as the host of LN and getting stellar ratings and everything being great. She'll either have to bomb and get replaced (depressing) or she'll have to leave the show for some reason (medical, perhaps).

by Anonymousreply 364May 30, 2024 12:30 AM

r364, if Hacks is a semi-Roman a clef of Debby Reynolds, then having Deborah owning and headlining a small casino is not beyond the pale. It would make a great season to go out on.

by Anonymousreply 365May 30, 2024 12:35 AM

I think next season would be fun if it’s kind of like the Larry Sanders Show, showing behind the scenes at a talk show, with real stars playing themselves as guests and Ava and Deborah at odds about the direction of the show.

by Anonymousreply 366May 30, 2024 1:04 AM

Keep going, homos! That’s the point of this website… to harvest your creative juices for free… keep going! MORE!!

by Anonymousreply 367May 30, 2024 2:15 AM

r367 You tried

by Anonymousreply 368May 30, 2024 11:35 AM

r366 Love that idea

by Anonymousreply 369May 30, 2024 11:42 AM

R368 oh honey, are you okay?

by Anonymousreply 370May 30, 2024 12:10 PM

r370 You tried

by Anonymousreply 371May 30, 2024 12:15 PM

R371 You tried

by Anonymousreply 372May 30, 2024 12:21 PM

R367/R368/R370/R371/R372: Girls! You’re all stupid.

by Anonymousreply 373May 30, 2024 12:23 PM

R373 you tried

by Anonymousreply 374May 30, 2024 12:24 PM

Side note - Jean Smart's teeth/mouth - seem very different - implants/dentures?

by Anonymousreply 375May 30, 2024 12:26 PM

Hannah should submit the season finale, “Bulletproof” as her tape at the Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 376May 30, 2024 2:26 PM

My prediction is LN is only modestly successful with Deborah. She then ends up with a health issue and has to bail on a show last minute. Rather than cancel the taping, Ava ends up stepping in as host because she knows the material so well. That episode is a huge hit and the network pushes Deborah out in favor of Ava as host.

by Anonymousreply 377May 30, 2024 2:31 PM

Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 378May 30, 2024 3:38 PM

Great ending!

R377 that would be something

by Anonymousreply 379May 30, 2024 4:04 PM

377, All About Ava!

by Anonymousreply 380May 30, 2024 4:39 PM

I did NOT see that ending playing out as it did. It makes sense if you know the characters and what they're capable of; but still I didn't think they'd pursue that arc with Ava and Deborah. It was intriguing in one way, and a disappointment in another. I guess they have to keep them together.

by Anonymousreply 381May 30, 2024 5:02 PM

R377 never gonna happen. Ava’s a lightweight and only had a career because Deborah’s saved her ass time and time again. She’s nothing without Deborah.

by Anonymousreply 382May 30, 2024 5:18 PM

Ava was doing fine in her career without Deborah r382. When we start this season she is high up in their universe's equivalent of the John Oliver show.

by Anonymousreply 383May 30, 2024 5:22 PM

Deadline and Hollywood Reporter saying Hacks in renewed for Season 4! Links not working…

by Anonymousreply 384May 30, 2024 5:26 PM

No she wasn’t R383. Rewatch the first few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 385May 30, 2024 5:26 PM

She was unhappy in her life r385, but her career itself was going fine.

by Anonymousreply 386May 30, 2024 5:29 PM

She was just about to be head writer of the show that she quit to do the late show with Deborah, no? I was under the impression that her career was going well too.

by Anonymousreply 387May 30, 2024 5:36 PM

No surprise. Season 3 has been its most critically acclaimed season to date but I think it should definitely end next year. Enough with these cliffhanger endings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388May 30, 2024 5:41 PM

Yes it has been officially renewed r384. Which I don't think this show was ever in danger of not getting renewed.

by Anonymousreply 389May 30, 2024 5:58 PM

Hanna Einbinoculars is fucking insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 390May 30, 2024 5:58 PM

Ava's career was in the toilet when the show first started. She had been cancelled due to a tweet or whatever. Working with Deborah was the only thing that Jimmy could get for her, and it wasn't even technically real since DV didn't want a writer in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 391May 30, 2024 6:18 PM

I think people were saying that because her career was saved by Jimmy sending her to Deborah, she was then eventually able to go on and have success independent of Deborah. Deborah told Ava when she let her go at the end of Season 2 that Ava would have opportunities now and she had to take them while they were there. During season 3, Ava's career, even if she hadn't gone back to write for Deborah, was in a good place.

by Anonymousreply 392May 30, 2024 6:30 PM

Ava was a 25-something comedy writer with little to no resume at the start of the series. I find it a little hard to believe that she got cancelled over one tweet mocking a closeted Republican congressman. If anything, I think Deborah put her on the map.

I was surprised that the John Oliver-esque show still offered Ava the job even if Deborah’s late night gig fell through. I thought there’s no way this Ava bitch can get that lucky. One thing for sure is that Deborah and Ava can’t quit each other.

by Anonymousreply 393May 30, 2024 6:35 PM

Such an unexpectedly dark finale, I loved it! The season just breezed by, which I hate. On the other hand, I can't imagine having to wait a week for one episode of this show at a time.

by Anonymousreply 394May 30, 2024 8:12 PM

Finally. Now we all can cancel our Max subscriptions.

by Anonymousreply 395May 30, 2024 8:18 PM

I just hope Hacks beats the very overrated and unfunny The Bear.

by Anonymousreply 396May 30, 2024 9:39 PM

[quote] Ava was a 25-something comedy writer with little to no resume at the start of the series. I find it a little hard to believe that she got cancelled over one tweet mocking a closeted Republican congressman

It was the tweet. But, in addition, her so-called friends specifically said that in addition to tweet, it was her bad personality. Nobody actually liked her!

This was made clear in the first season (episode 1 and episode 5) when she met up with two different sets of friends

by Anonymousreply 397May 30, 2024 10:06 PM

Ava was flaky, smug, and entitled. A winning combination.

by Anonymousreply 398May 30, 2024 10:09 PM

Wow at the finale. I didn't think Ava had it in her. The whole tone of the show is going to shift now.

by Anonymousreply 399May 30, 2024 11:10 PM

I didn't believe a minute of Ava's little tantrum and attempt at a power move. She's gonna pay down the road.

by Anonymousreply 400May 31, 2024 2:14 AM

I hate waiting a whole year for more but.. brava

by Anonymousreply 401May 31, 2024 2:29 AM

I hope "hockey shirt guy" (whom we never saw) stays on as #2 writer and clashes with Ava.

It does look like Marcus is leaving the show.

by Anonymousreply 402May 31, 2024 3:44 AM

I loved the assistant's meltdown. It was very well scripted and very well played.

The power play at the end was unexpected to me, and a hoot. The producers said they've got five seasons mapped. My guess is what you'll see is Deborah's denouement and Ava's ascent over the next two seasons, one star fading and another starting to shine, with a fair amount of bad Hollywood subtext.

I will say I find the Jimmy and Kayla sideshow eats up too much time in a half hour show. There are some good moments, but neither of them should be third and fourth in a character hierarchy.

by Anonymousreply 403May 31, 2024 1:20 PM

Kayla's subplot in the finale hit close to home for me. I also did stupid, embarrassing, demeaning shit as a kid just so I could be and feel included. Kids are so vicious. And then you grow up and realise some never mature out of that phase and you're expected to act as a court jester for their amusement all over again.

by Anonymousreply 404May 31, 2024 1:28 PM

The talk show season will be great just for the guest… guest stars

by Anonymousreply 405May 31, 2024 1:37 PM

I thought it was odd that Deborah has not yet found out that Marcus is leaving, odd both in that it was unrealistic and in that it’s a weird point upon which to poise a cliffhanger. Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 406May 31, 2024 1:43 PM

Yeah the Marcus plotline has been handled poorly. We haven't spent enough time with the character this season to really be invested, and him and Deborah have barely had that many scenes together. The cliffhanger of him leaving her doesn't really play. They don't know what to do with the actor, I guess they are just going to end up writing him out.

But a significant portion of the finale was devoted to Kayla. Not sure how I feel about her being such a prominent part of the narrative now.

by Anonymousreply 407May 31, 2024 11:08 PM

The writers 'splain all. Or a lot...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408May 31, 2024 11:09 PM

The Marcus character really got on my nerves - they could never quite figure out what to do with him.

by Anonymousreply 409May 31, 2024 11:43 PM

r408 Sweetheart, we don't post paywalled articles. We all know how to get around the paywall, most certainly, but you must make it worth the extra few seconds. Do better.

by Anonymousreply 410May 31, 2024 11:44 PM

I think Kayla gets so much screentime because writer/actor Paul Downs wants more screentime. There is only so much that he can do with Deborah.

by Anonymousreply 411May 31, 2024 11:45 PM

Kayla is so annoying

by Anonymousreply 412May 31, 2024 11:47 PM

Kayla is growing on me. I also like the Jimmy character.

Marcus is such an unlikeable character and seemed to grow more unlikeable as the seasons progressed. He was cute with the water cop though

by Anonymousreply 413June 1, 2024 12:06 AM

I hope Marcus changes his mind about going to QVC and stays with Deborah. I also hope the writers figure out what to do with him (and his mother and her friend and his ex, the water cop, although they should remain tertiary characters).

by Anonymousreply 414June 1, 2024 12:10 AM

Marcus and the actor who plays him are quite boring.

by Anonymousreply 415June 1, 2024 6:12 AM

A little of Kayla goes a long way with me. I don’t dislike her but I don’t want her development into a capable woman to become a major plot point next season because I really don’t care about her.

I think her schtick with Jimmy is fun but he’s kind of two-dimensional except for his overpowering mother. And is he meant to be gay? Or just a gay-presenting straight man like the guy playing him?

by Anonymousreply 416June 1, 2024 4:11 PM

I think he's just meant to be sexless on the show.

I love the way they were dressed at the luncheon. Jimmy's shirt in particular is so simple, but so nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417June 1, 2024 4:20 PM

I don't particularly care about Kayla's formative years. She gobbled up way too much time in the finale (that "proposal" on the plane?!). Give her a spinoff or something (that few will watch) -- I only care about DV, Ava and their whole deal.

by Anonymousreply 418June 1, 2024 4:25 PM

Agreed R415. There's no there there.

by Anonymousreply 419June 1, 2024 6:48 PM

[quote] I don't particularly care about Kayla's formative years. She gobbled up way too much

You were being shady as hell when you wrote that sentence. 😂

by Anonymousreply 420June 1, 2024 7:23 PM

Carl C-H is third on the call sheet, yet had much less to do than Jimmy or Kayla. That has to burn.

Hollywood Reporter just included him in a roundup of 20 supporting actors who stole their shows. Yet, he was barely in the show!

Have to think they have something bigger in store for Marcus in season four.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421June 1, 2024 8:18 PM

Marcus was a good character in the first season - fit into the story in a genuine way; got just enough screen time and side story (Wilson, his mom and her friend). He was okay in the second season too, but his story was diminishing. I wouldn't mind him staying as long as they're not shoe-horning him in just to do it.

by Anonymousreply 422June 1, 2024 8:20 PM

How did Marcus ~steal the show~ this season? I only scene that sticks out for me is his last one but the OTHER actor was the one who killed it. That guy throwing himself on the floor was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 423June 1, 2024 8:38 PM

Yeah, I don't even remember much about Marcus this season other than his flirtation with QVV and his hosting the Deborah house party thing where he hooked up with the cute guy with the nice ass.

by Anonymousreply 424June 1, 2024 8:44 PM

Marcus is there to check a box.

by Anonymousreply 425June 2, 2024 3:35 AM

The ending was fantastic. That twist left you wanting more.

by Anonymousreply 426June 2, 2024 3:36 AM

Loved the finale. Thought Hannah Einwhatever was actually quite good in that fight with Deborah.

I like the Jimmy/Kayla stuff. I prefer their dynamic to Marcus and his QVC shit.

by Anonymousreply 427June 3, 2024 9:57 PM

Great ending.

by Anonymousreply 428June 3, 2024 11:38 PM

Megan Stalter as Kayla is great. It’s would be so easy for her come to come off as SNL/Kristen Wiig, but she’s likeable.

by Anonymousreply 429June 18, 2024 10:19 AM

They were too cheap to actually film on location at Berkeley. USC as a stand-in was lazy shit.

by Anonymousreply 430June 18, 2024 11:21 AM

I love Meg Stalter. She became famous writing and performing her own videos on YouTube.

I saw her for the first time in this video she did pretending to be the stage manager for Biden’s inauguration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431June 18, 2024 11:23 AM

I meant instagram not YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 432June 18, 2024 11:26 AM

[quote] I though Jean Smart and J Cameron-Smith had great chemistry together

I didn’t like J Cameron-Smith. I but then I’m not a fan in general.

by Anonymousreply 433June 18, 2024 12:43 PM

Watch Rectify (one of the show ever) and tell me how much you don't like J. Cameron Smith.

by Anonymousreply 434June 18, 2024 3:52 PM

one of the BEST shows ever ^

by Anonymousreply 435June 18, 2024 3:53 PM

Binged the series this weekend.

Episodes 2 and 9 were excellent.

Both were big arc stories.

All the Eva personal stuff is dull and tedious. Even the shower scene in E2. Oh, look, they are in a shower and she is getting a clit rub. Hello 2010. Look at Heineybinders tits, ooh ahh. dull

Aside from the Deborah/Ava scenes, the rest of the show is a bunch of show biz freaks living in desperation in LA.

And the Helen Hunt character, hit her with a bus.

by Anonymousreply 436June 18, 2024 4:39 PM

"They were too cheap to actually film on location at Berkeley. USC as a stand-in was lazy shit."

Does it REALLY matter to that arc? Deborah having to face current views and criticisms of her work via college students. Could be any number of places. I get Berkeley is symbolic of that, but did they really need to shoot on location to get the point across?

by Anonymousreply 437June 18, 2024 4:43 PM

The Helen Hunt character is very true to life.

by Anonymousreply 438June 18, 2024 4:43 PM

r438, I had no idea I was watching a documentary.

by Anonymousreply 439June 18, 2024 4:45 PM

R437 I didn’t say it mattered. It was an observation. Since the show films in multiple locations in California and Nevada, it stood out. The two campuses could not be more different in their architecture…take a deep breath—thx

by Anonymousreply 440June 18, 2024 4:46 PM

You weren't r439. It's a story about Hollywood with lots of real elements thrown in.

by Anonymousreply 441June 18, 2024 5:02 PM

r440 nobody really cares.

by Anonymousreply 442June 18, 2024 5:02 PM

[quote]Aside from the Deborah/Ava scenes, the rest of the show is a bunch of show biz freaks living in desperation in LA.

Yeah, that's kind of the point of the whole fucking show dear.

by Anonymousreply 443June 18, 2024 5:02 PM

Sweet Jesus, I have never had such validation as a DLer in my entire posting life.

Thank you, r443.

THANK YOU!

by Anonymousreply 444June 18, 2024 5:08 PM

r444 maybe the show just isn't for you. Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 445June 18, 2024 5:09 PM

r445, I kinda hate watch it.

Nepo baby is the epitome of Laura Keitlinger/Largo tedium.

r444 , r436

by Anonymousreply 446June 18, 2024 5:17 PM

It reminds me of the Matt LeBlanc sitcom Episodes, which was a gem.

by Anonymousreply 447June 18, 2024 7:24 PM

The Berkeley episode was my least favourite of the series. I get what the writers were trying to do. They had to address how Gen Z would cancel Deborah. And how smarmy writers would address her history. But I didn’t like the way it came together. And while I agree Deborah would feel shitty about her jokes making other people feel shitty, I don’t for a second imagine her watching her old videos in shame at her meanness.

by Anonymousreply 448June 19, 2024 7:05 AM

^^get the fuck over it.

by Anonymousreply 449June 19, 2024 7:44 AM

I LOVE the Mayor of Las Vegas!

"I have to do a number threee!"

The Einbender girl broke character and laughed her ass off

by Anonymousreply 450June 19, 2024 7:46 AM

Has anyone watched Ava’s stand up special? I quite liked it.

by Anonymousreply 451June 22, 2024 8:35 PM

I'm planning on watching that tonight! I'll let you know!

by Anonymousreply 452June 22, 2024 8:37 PM

What is a number 3? Barfing?

by Anonymousreply 453June 22, 2024 8:39 PM

I loved the season finale! Hannah plays her cards exactly how Deborah would and it was amazing! I cannot wait to see how their relationship will evolve now proving that Hannah can be just as ruthless.

by Anonymousreply 454June 22, 2024 10:17 PM

R453 You've seriously never heard the expression "a number 3" before? It's a combination of a #1 and a #2 at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 455June 22, 2024 10:55 PM

It's what is done when someone sits...

by Anonymousreply 456June 22, 2024 11:14 PM

Sandra has a point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457June 23, 2024 1:42 AM

R457 nobody gives a fuck what Bearnhardt has to say about anything. She's beyond over.

by Anonymousreply 458June 23, 2024 2:17 AM

Eeeeew. Not Cohen. Bleh.

by Anonymousreply 459June 23, 2024 2:56 AM

[quote]It's a combination of a #1 and a #2 at the same time.

I took it that she had to puke because she drank too much alcohol. It's not a common expression at all and as such its meaning can easily be bent for comedic purposes.

by Anonymousreply 460June 23, 2024 4:11 AM

It's menstruation. Number 3 is menstruation.

by Anonymousreply 461June 23, 2024 4:12 AM

The Mayor was much too old to still be getting her period.

by Anonymousreply 462June 23, 2024 4:15 AM

The more you know....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463June 23, 2024 4:24 AM

I would love Sandra Bernhard making a cameo appearance in the next season — or hell, create a character for her! She would fit right in with that show since she’s a veteran comedian who is openly gay with her own history of making insensitive jokes back in the day.

And, no, I’m not her agent or PR person. But I love a good comeback success story for talented vets.

by Anonymousreply 464June 23, 2024 4:32 AM

Nobody in 2024 knows who the fuck Sandra Bernhard is. She was a one trick pony who was tolerable for five minutes.

by Anonymousreply 465June 23, 2024 4:36 AM

R457/R464=an increasingly desperate Sandra Bernhardt.

by Anonymousreply 466June 23, 2024 3:27 PM

Season 4 is going to be the Nighttime show. Like Carson, she will be appearing in Vegas.

Season 5, she buys a Vegas hotel.

by Anonymousreply 467June 23, 2024 4:05 PM

Get rid of Ava. She can have that rapport with someone the viewers will actually like.

by Anonymousreply 468June 23, 2024 4:20 PM

Ava is Deborah's heroin. There is no Naloxone for her influence.

by Anonymousreply 469June 23, 2024 4:50 PM

Deborah doesn't need Ava as much as Ava thinks she does. I think that'll surface in the next season.

by Anonymousreply 470June 23, 2024 4:57 PM

Megan Statler has been cast by Lens Dunham in a film about her relationship with her itinerant musician husband.

by Anonymousreply 471June 23, 2024 6:02 PM

I was going to say something negative but then I realized i would never see this film.

by Anonymousreply 472June 23, 2024 6:51 PM

R218, Another Period is a hidden gem.

It's fucking hysterical. And totally stupid. But also hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 473July 8, 2024 8:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!